Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tory Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hi you guys, so on this week's episode of Tory Stories. Because I don't tell you enough about my life, I thought you might want to hear more. So we decided Adria, my producer, and I decid we're gonna do some rapid questions. You know, I like to be put on the spot. I like to be made uncomfortable. I like to go outside my comfort zone. Do I have a comfort zone? Here we go. Atri's gonna ask you some questions and I'm gonna try to rapid fire them back, even though I'm a talker and I talk too long. Here we go at Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I'm ready?
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 2: We'll start off easy for.
Speaker 1: You, easy, okay, break break me in, pop my rapid fire cherry insta or TikTok Instagram, text or call oh text, don't ever call me. I don't like to talk on the phone. I have a fear of it. I've had a fear of it since I was a kid. Couldn't even call four to one one back in the day when you call it four one one. And now I've passed it on to one of my kids. One of my kids has a fear of the phone and I didn't do it, but they have it and it's not a good thing. Yeah, So like in the future, don't ever ask to call me, don't ever ask to FaceTime. We text me only thank you.
Speaker 2: A favorite curse word.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love the F word, but I'm an unconventional girl, and I really like the sea next Tuesday word.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I love that word too, same both angry and in a loving way.
Speaker 1: It's really weird when I am starting like a friendship or talking, as they say, with a boy, like over text. That's one of the not first questions something I'm creepy. But if we start talking and it's very me to like if I'm being funny to say that word. I'm always like, hey, does this word offend you? Because I know that see you next Tuesday word offends so many women, I'm like, does it offend men as well? So if a boy's like, eh, I'm not fond of that word, I'm like, there's something wrong with.
Speaker 2: You, all right. Most used emoji.
Speaker 1: Oh, the crying one, I think not crying, not crying, the laughing crying one, yeah, sweet or salty ooh salty, Definitely I'm not a sweet girl. I'm sweet, but I like would take like pizza any day over ice cream, Like I'm just not Yeah, no, like sweet stone impress me. But I love good sour things though. I'm all about sour, So if I have to do like a candy or something sweet, it has to be like next level sour.
Speaker 2: Sorry, go ahead. Heels are sneakers.
Speaker 1: Sneakers, oh god, and I had the best heel collection. Let me just tell you. I collected so many designer heels over my career, the span of my shoe collecting career, but I always thought like I always had amazing heels, and you know, for thirty years I had to go to events and dress up and walk the red carpet. So it was like an evolution of a collection that I always said, one day, I'm gonna have girls, and I'm going to pass on my amazing Stellar designer shoe collection and Stellar no moss because no, take that back, Stellar, no bueno. Because Stella, my firstborn, she outgrew my shoe size when she was like eight, so I was like, oh my gosh. And Hattie has a bigger foot than me as well. So then I just collected these beautiful shoes with nothing to do, and I'm like, now I can't give them away because they're beautiful. So now I just called them an amazing art collection. But I don't wear them because they hurt my feet, and I just I don't know, And I'm in my like sneaker era, like my Converse era, like I spent so many years wearing heels everywhere that now I just wear sneakers. Maybe I'll go back to them one day.
Speaker 2: Who knows dogs or cats?
Speaker 1: Dogs? I'm allergic to cats, but everyone knows that I'm a self sabotager. So I have cats. Yeah, I have a cat, and I'm really allergic and he loves me cats always know. I've had this since I was a kid, like when I used to I didn't really go to sleepovers as a kid. My parents never let me. But when I was able to go to sleepovers and like my early teenss, they'd be like, oh, we have a cat, and I'd be like, oh my gosh. I don't want to be like you know that girl that's like I'm allergic to the cat. But I kind of had to be like, oh, we're all sleeping and like the basement or like building a ford sleeping bags and pillows, and I would have to be like, just you know, I'm allergic to cats, and they would always like, put the cat away, and it never failed. I would always wake up in the middle of the night and like in my sleeping bag asleep, and I'd be like, oh, I'd wake up and look and there'd just be a cat sitting on me, staring me down. I'm like, oooh. So it's always that girl that had to take ben and drill or how to get picked up by my parents. And I'm like, oh, but I love cats and dogs. I love all animals. Yeah, but I do. I do have that thing like do you like red liquorice or black liquorice? And I don't judge, but I judge. And if I were to ask a boy, like, you know, do you like dogs or cats? And they said cats over dogs, I don't know. It's not a judgment, and it's not to say that I couldn't pursue that relationship, but I would. It would be like a pause for thought, like cats interesting. But I do feel like cats, Like I feel like I'm more like a cat. And I've gotten to know that through my cat that I'm not like a touchy person. I'm a hugger. I love people, I love everybody, but I think I'm not very like cuddly and touchy, which you'd be surprised to know because if you know me, you're like, oh my god, she's so warm and friendly and kind. And I'm a hugger and I love people, and I don't know, but like actually getting that physical touch by people like I get like uncomfortable. So I feel like I'm more like a cat because they like want to have it on their time, but they don't want you to just like snuggle them to death, which you know, dogs just want to snuggle all the time. So I think I'm more like a cat. I like dogs better. I love you cats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Reality TV or scripted.
Speaker 1: Like to watch or to be in? Because this question is probably like for.
Speaker 2: Let's go with watch watch Okay.
Speaker 1: I was like, is this question for like Tory specific like an actress or is it just like ask anybody got it to watch? Ooh? Honestly, it kind of depends in the mood I'm in. And I say this like a lot of times. If you know, you know, you can tell how I'm feeling by what I'm viewing and what I'm drinking. And I've told people this before, like if you see a diet doctor pepper in my hand, I'm like, oh, energeticitory, like let's go. And if you see a ginger ale in my hand, You're like, oh, she's going through it. It's kind of like reality versus scripted television. So first of all, I have an eight year old and he rules my life. What afraid to admit that. So we watch a lot of what he wants to watch, which you know, I got a hand it to him. He does watch. I'm a reality TV viewer. I love reality TV, but I go into sports like right now, I'm not in like my reality TV zone era. I'm more into scripted stuff like binge watching, like really cool. I just watched The Hunting Wives that my friend Malan Ackerman is in, and it's so good. You guys, you've got to watch it. I was like, obsessed, not a show to watch with my eight year old son, so he didn't watch it with me. But anyway, it's so good. So I'm definitely into scripted TV right now. But I do love a good reality show and I just want like mindless kind of watching, but it's just like some of them have so much drama that I'm like, do I really want drama? I have drama my own personal life. Do I need to watch other people's drama? I like food shows? There you go?
Speaker 2: All right, what's your secret guilty Pleasure TV show?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love my thousand pounds sisters. I used to think my guilty pleasure was like all the Real Housewives franchises, But I'm not got into them anymore. I think I've outgrown them a bit. I don't know. I don't know. I'm on into like the Love Competition ones. I mean it's because the place I am in my life right now, Like I'm on into watching people like fall in love on TP to then break up in social media a week later. I don't know, it's not my jam what would be my jamp? Oh? You know what I'm really into right now? The train Wreck series. So it's this franchise which like train Wreck, like train Wreck colon no pun intended the Poop Cruise and then there's like, uh, train Wreck PI moms. Do you guys know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: I have seen the ad for the Poop Cruise. I'm kind of interesting.
Speaker 1: It's so good. The poop cruise, Oh my god. The p I Moms is pretty good too. There's like all different ones. It's really really good. Yeah. Yeah, that's my guilty pleasure.
Speaker 2: Right now, what's your hidden talent?
Speaker 1: What is my hidden talent? The flying splits? The flying splits are my that's like my party trick. Really good at that. I can wrap my legs around my head like a pretzel. So I think I should have been like a contortionist. I still could be. Are there celebrity contortionists? Wait, that'd be a new business, like a side hustle. Yeah, that might be a new thing, like only pretzels starring to wait, like it's it's quite impressive. It's funny because I'm not a workout girl, so like I can't, like I always say, like I'm not a sports girl, like I can't compete in things. I'm always but flexibility nailed it. Yeah, that's my strong suit. My mom can tie cherry stints with her tongue like marachino cherries. She can tie it with her tongue into a knot. I was always jealous of that one. But I can't do that. I guess that's it. I'm like double jointed. I can do like from my finger like back, like I don't know, that's still a contortionist thing, contortionists. Wait there's a tour in there. Oh wait wait wait something contortionist contortionists contor just tour Wait this way can Yeah, we have the title of something here.
Speaker 2: I love a new business, definitely.
Speaker 1: I have to tie myself into things, get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ever gone on a date just for the story?
Speaker 1: Who told you to ask that one?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 1: Nobody? I might have gone in a date just because it was He was cute, it was nice. I couldn't tell if he was that funny, but I was willing to like go there. The story lined up great, like our His story was really good. The paths that crossed were like no way, uh on screen and off so it was like pretty wild, like twenty years later, like okay, I'll leave it at that. But I was like, if nothing else, this is like a good story to tell my friends, like guess who I went on a date with. I live on the West coast, he lives on the East Coast. I went on the date and it was it was a good one. I'll leave it at that. Sadly, I can never tell the story because he's famous.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a good story. I okay, I ever hooked up with someone famous that no one knows about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this, dude, I'm just talking about.
Speaker 2: What's that one?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: No, no, there? Oh my gosh, what was the question again?
Speaker 2: Ever hooked up with someone famous that no one knows about?
Speaker 1: I'm being coiet? Why he repeated? Psych out of my thoughts. Yeah, there's like a really cool story. This is like back in the nineties, and I don't know how to respect him. I mean, if he ever wanted to say and I could tell the story together, we would. But yeah, it's a pretty awesome story. And I still look back and I'm like, gosh, that was like it was someone that I just had such we both had such chemistry, and we were both working in hit TV series at the time. Both series were on Fox, and we always are past crossed, and it was just that energy that was like to this day, I'm like, never felt that like sexual chemistry with like anyone besides obviously my husband, but like, you know, in the nineties, like it was you know, I was a young girl in my early twenties and it was Yeah, and then I recently ran into him and yeah, it was like wow. Twenty twenty five years later, it was still like remember that? Remember that? Done? Do I leave it at that? Oh my god? Yeah.
Speaker 2: No one's asking you to name names I know, but feel free to spill more details if you want.
Speaker 1: No, I'd love to have him on the show. We could talk about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, moving on. Have you ever kissed someone you forgot the name of?
Speaker 1: Have I ever kissed somebody and forgot their name? Yes, I don't think so.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Have you ever walked out on a date?
Speaker 1: No? No, no, no, I would never. I'm not that girl. Okay.
Speaker 2: Have you ever hooked up in your trailer?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Have you ever hidden in the bathroom to avoid someone?
Speaker 1: Of course, I've hidden in the craziest places to avoid people. I'm an avoid for sorr avoid it. Yeah, I just confrontation. If I'm going to run into someone I haven't seen in a while, not even if there's anything bad, like, I'll just be like I haven't talked to that person so long, Oh my god, And then I avoid them like for no reason. It's so silly. It's like the same reason I don't like to talk on the phone, Like scared of nothing.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, have you ever sent a text to the wrong person and.
Speaker 1: It was bad? Yes? I feel like at one point my friend and I were working with another friend and by accident, we were saying that we needed to end that the business part of the relationship, and we sent it to him by mistake. That's good. Yeah, I feel like, oh my god, I want to say I've sent something to a boy by mistake. Oh you know what. Someone sent me a picture once. It was like a thirst strap picture, wasn't like a dick pick or anything, and my accident. I wanted to send it to my best friend Jess, and I sent it back to him. Yeah.
Speaker 2: All too often?
Speaker 1: Oh really, does it happened to you?
Speaker 2: I think once or twice.
Speaker 3: If you had a personal warning label, what would it say.
Speaker 1: Kays proceed carefully opening your own risk, don't feed after midnight. Uh my gosh, doesn't drink water supply with champagne. Oh my gosh. Sorry, what is my little space there? There's so many warning labels for me, it's just not even funny. I'm just like, my warning label is like, sorry, I'm a Tory. Sorry Tori spelling. Enough said, Oh my God, I'm cute, I'm fun, I'm good.
Speaker 2: What's your most toxic trait?
Speaker 1: Like, I guess I'm a little bit of a chaos creator, which is like a good thing. So I'm creative, right, so my mind is completely always going like for the creative ideas and this could be this, we could do that and this story and that and this show and but what comes with someone with a creative brain is a chaotic brain, I think. So I think what's also one of my best qualities, which is my creative brain, is also one of my most toxic qualities, which is my creative chaos brain. So I think, like creation can be chaos if that makes sense? Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Not?
Speaker 1: Really? Like I thrive on chaos. That's not a good thing. And I need to know how to compartmentalize it better or manage it better so that energetically it's more streamlined rather than always just like chaos mode. Because what but there's healthy chaos and then there's unhealthy chaos, and like my brain just knows how to be like go like, so I feel like, yeah, I'm cute chaos. Oh can that be the name of my band?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: Now I don't need to ask you that question, what would the name of your band be? What's your go to lie when you're trying to cancel plans?
Speaker 1: I have a migraine, which I always have a migraine, So it's like the boy that cried wolf. Why is it a boy that cries wolf? Like girls can't cry wolf. I don't know. I know it's all fable, but whatever. I feel like, since I've had migraines my whole life, it's an easy one to say I have migrain and my friends will be like, oh, yeah, I get it, Like it's not like, oh, I've a headache and on pants and plants like, no, she gets really bad migraines. So while I do get migraines a lot, sometimes it's an easier one to just instead of explaining, like, hey, and I have five kids, so I kind of don't need an excuse, like at my point, like I'm a single mom, like I take care of five kids, work like I should be able to say sorry, I can't come, and people shall be like You're lucky you're still standing, like we understand you can't.
Speaker 4: Come, but yeah, you ever lied to your kids to get a break? Mind my kids to get a break.
Speaker 1: No, I'm really brutally honest with my kids. We have that relationship which I know people always say, like, don't become best friends with your kids and don't like it got to the point where we were like a traveling like we moved as a unit, and when we were going through a lot the last you know, two three years, it kind of like it was harder to be like, Okay, I'm gonna keep this info from them, and really, you know, we were moving at light speed. There were a life that wasn't completely orchestrated and curated. It was like fight or flight. So you know, I'm honest with them, and I don't know, I feel like it's not a bad thing. My kids are really kind and really great, really great people, and I'm really proud of them. They're great humans. And even my little guy, you know, I try to keep like the stuff he shouldn't hear from him. But yeah, I definitely don't lie to them. I'm honest and tell them like when I need a break, I need a break, when I need this. Here's the reason I'm really I suffer from really bad mom guilt, like extreme guilt. I suffer from human guilt because before I was a mom, I had guilt. I don't even know where it comes from. Like, yeah, my first name shouldn't be Tory, should be sorry. Like that's what my whole life, I've been apologizing for something. I don't even know what I'm apologizing for. So yeah, I don't know. But no, I don't lie to my kids.
Speaker 3: Nice, Okay, it's the weirdest rumor you've heard about yourself.
Speaker 1: What's the weirdest rumor I've heard about myself? How long do you have? Like, I mean, it's excessive, it's been my entire adult teen life, Like it's there was one like I think when Clueless came out, they said like there was something about her closet that was based on my actual closet, that it was like a remote control closet that like I would push a button in like the closet would have been around the racks would come out something like that. I don't know that. I used to pour bottled water into my Look, I don't even know what is it. You pour water into your car carburetor?
Speaker 2: Nope, it's getting the wrong person.
Speaker 1: See, it couldn't be me because I don't even know where you put water into your car. No clue even could put water into your car. But yeah, anyway, but it had to be like bottled water. I don't know. This is something I read the tabloids. Why not. Yeah, I don't know. I'm sure I was an alien at some point.
Speaker 2: Okay, speaking of aliens, aliens, yes or no Yes,