Speaker 1: Hello, will are you right to this descendant?
Speaker 2: Wow? Oh oh, I know I got nothing, I got nothing to start with. This is this is the best entrance I've seen in a podcast in a long time. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yes, I just had to get a specially descendant. Ready. I was moved by this movie as you can.
Speaker 2: I can tell this movie wormed its way into your well, your hair what we would.
Speaker 3: Say, okay, no, but for real, I gotta take it off because it is so hot.
Speaker 1: It's just to say hi and I am ready.
Speaker 2: That is a great way to start.
Speaker 1: Had to be.
Speaker 2: Oh that was well then that leads me right into it. Perfect start for the show this week. Yes, what's your favorite Disney villain ever?
Speaker 3: Ooh, you know, I really was very attuned to Maleficent. I really like just as far as it being like to me, like one of the scariest villains, right, like one of the ultimate scariest villains. So, I mean it's perfect for what we're doing today because she was all over it.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah, she's I mean she was she was bad before Disney made bad bad, and that was pretty awesome.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 2: I think as a voiceover actor, I have because his voice is so legendary and iconic. I have to go with Scar and Jeremy Iron's performance King that A. It scared the hell out of me, and his voice is just so cool. The characters so evil, I know, well him tough to beat.
Speaker 3: Scar and Mufassa's voices together were just like I mean, talk about like the epitome of stepping into like what you would think a line would actually sound like r right, both of them especially they're fighting scenes and stuff.
Speaker 2: But when you can have that James Earl Jones voice to do Darth Vader and be the ultimate bad guy but then also b Mufasa and be the ultimate good guy, come on.
Speaker 1: Best dad ever?
Speaker 2: Like best dad ever? Oh wow, if.
Speaker 1: I could have him just talk to me all day in general.
Speaker 2: Hey, exactly, every time I hear any voice that just should be James Earl j just exactly. Well, Welcome back to Magical Rewind, the show that makes you want to grab your friends, your PJS, and your popcorn and go back to a time when all the houses were smart, the waves, tsunamis and the high School's musical.
Speaker 1: I'm Wilford Dell and I'm Sabrina Bryan.
Speaker 2: Oh well, everybody so excited because the hits just keep coming. Here on Magical Rewind we are NonStop and we are we are hitting it hard, we are hitting it fast, and as this week, we're approaching a movie that spawned one of the channel's most successful franchises of all time by far, the twenty fifteen film Wait you hear this? We're talking about today? It would turn into two sequels, a prequel spinoff, series of shorts, an animated spinoff, and a royal wedding television special. The soundtrack hit number one on the Billboard Top two hundred charts. They've sold almost four million dollars, and it accomplished something that very few Disney projects have ever had the chance of even attempting, yet alone crushing like they have, which is completely messing with their own cherished ip. They turned all their care oh amazing. So I am, of course talking about The Descendants a juggernaut and a great representation of what the dcom has suddenly morphed into. We've gone from the smaller, awesome brink kind of hey, we're roller Blade and stuff to.
Speaker 3: This into full blown giant musicals like giant.
Speaker 2: Feature films, insane dance numbers and hundreds of extras, great locations. I mean, it is just we've gone from one extreme to the another. It's amazing. If you want to watch with us. By the way, it's on Disney Plus now so you can go watch it, come back to or of course hang out for the conversation and just reminisce freely nice.
Speaker 3: So I have been so excited to talk to you about this one because I know when it comes to musicals, we've talked in the past that you are not necessarily a lover of break into dance and singing like, yes, I mean how you feel through song like I know, not your cup of tea.
Speaker 2: No, I love musical movies. I love movies that are about music, like if you give me a commitment or a ray or a walk line or a Cheetah girls, where it's like it works into the story. It's somebody performing, you're actually vocalists. Yeah, I don't have a problem with that. My problem comes with when you're walking down the street and all of a sudden everyone breaks into song and somehow the postal worker behind you also knows the dance steps right. That throws me. That being said, I'm gonna be completely and totally honest. I went into this movie going, okay, just get out of your own way, try to watch musical. It's it'll be okay. I love this movie, Yes, okay, I've been humming the songs all week. I loved the characters. I thought the acting was on point. I absolutely loved this movie to the point where, and this is not a joke, I stopped myself from watching the second one because I know that we're gonna eventually do it on the show, so I said, no, hold off, but I wanted to go right into part two.
Speaker 1: I did too.
Speaker 3: It was so hard to not, just because of course on Disney, plus it comes.
Speaker 1: Right there for you, and really, what the loick of a button?
Speaker 3: And it was so hard to go no, I'm gonna wait because we have other movies, and I kind of like the anticipation knowing that the second and the third they get better and better. Happened with High School Musical, I know from my experience with The Cheetah.
Speaker 1: Girls that's how it was.
Speaker 3: So, you know, the the actors get more involved in the characters, everything builds, the dance scenes better, like.
Speaker 1: It just all all evolves. And so I didn't want to jump into it too fast?
Speaker 2: You said this before you so again, I haven't seen a lot of these. So you you think Cheatagirls Too is better than Cheatagirls?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: And you think High School Musical two is better than High School Musical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I think on certain levels, like for instance, budget, right, what the what the movie has to go? Now? This was a giant one from the start, so sure, I can't even imagine where it's gonna go. We had a digital oh, I mean, it's a dragon dragging. We wouldn't Game of Throne so fast. So I don't know. I think it would go the same way that I feel the other franchises that they have done, And it's just necessarily that they're better storylines all the time. It's it's just you can see that the actors are really comfortable in their characters.
Speaker 1: You know these movies pretty quickly.
Speaker 3: They're not it's not a TV series where you're seeing them together for months and months and months and months.
Speaker 1: This is they're fast. They make movies fairly fast.
Speaker 2: Well this was I mean again, it was night and day from some of the Disney Channel movies we've already seen.
Speaker 1: Of course, yes, even the Wonderful World at.
Speaker 2: Disney, which had more money. You know, my date with the President's daughter. You go from that budget to this budget. And granted it's it's twenty years later, but still, I mean it's night and day. So okay, you liked it, right, Oh?
Speaker 1: I loved it. I loved it. I am.
Speaker 3: I mean, I borrowed this purple wig, but I think you need to actually purchase one so that I can get Monroe hooked on this and then this could possibly be you know, Halloween the next year.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, you don't need a wig. You could just die the hair. You could just go you could go straight maul and just die the hair.
Speaker 1: Oh are you crazy? Are you crazy? You know how hard it is to get this blonde?
Speaker 2: Will? No?
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I'm not mad about it?
Speaker 2: All right. So before we break the barrier here pun intended, why don't we get into the synopsis of the film, the soon to be crowned Prince son of Aradon.
Speaker 1: Oh, dream boat is Dreamboat? That kid so cute?
Speaker 2: I love. We're already into that. We'll get into some strange things when it comes to the lineage of whatever the royalty line is here and why this kid is taking the plastic crown at sixteen while his father is still capable. But we'll get into all that in a bit. No, he's fine. The pseudabe crowned prince, son of Aradon, offers the trouble making children of iconic Disney villains the chance to attend prep school in his once off limits kingdom. So, with instructions from their parents to forever corrupt the monarchy, will they help the villains regain power or embrace their innate goodness and save the good guys. As for the cast, who were phenomenal from top to bottom, they really were top notch young actors. It stars Dove Cameron as mal who was the devious daughter of Maleficent. She started her Disney journey everybody, I'm sure knows on Livin Maddie from twenty thirteen to twenty seventeen, which she won an Emmy four, which is anytime you can win an Emmy on a Disney Channel show as a young actor, that's you're getting it out of it. Yes, it's so difficult to do. A lot of peop people are nominated, but actually winning Disney Channel shows as a young actor very difficult, So kudos to her on that. Since then, she has become a serious, bona fide pop start, even winning the Best New Artist at the twenty twenty three American Music Awards and the MTV VMA's I mean, I'm crazy. And it's worth noting she has forty eight million Instagram followers and I did the math. That is forty eight million more than me.
Speaker 1: I knew you were gonna say that.
Speaker 2: I thought that was crazy.
Speaker 1: But she may or may not actually post here and there.
Speaker 2: Oh does she not post a lot? I get I don't know, you know, she does? You do not? I see what you're saying. Yes, Oh, I see what you're saying. Yes.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: So apparently being on Instagram is one of the first ways to gain followers.
Speaker 1: Helps to gain your followers, I've heard.
Speaker 2: I've heard that's true.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Next, we have Cameron Boyce, who we tragically lost in twenty nineteen at just twenty years old due to complications from a seizure. And it was not just a huge loss for the Disney family. I knew very little about this young man, and I met some people that knew him, and then I read his story. You did not have to know anything about this guy to be affected by his loss. It seemed like he was the epitome of just a good human being who was crushing it in his career. Oh, everybody loved him.
Speaker 3: He was in the middle of this, he was in he was I think he had other projects that were on the table, and you know, for his parents and his family to lose a family member that young. I fully cried when I actually read into what happened.
Speaker 1: I knew he had passed away, but I didn't know from what. And you know, that.
Speaker 3: Is devastating to hear totally it was. He seemed like he was such a great friend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some people knew nothing about Disney, knew nothing about his films, and just read his story and were so captivated by it. Talk about somebody who pops and sparkles on the screen and who has left just an incredible leg. So that was a terrible loss. And then uh booboo Stewart as Jay the sticky figure, son of ja'far. He was in Twilight, but he was, my guess, is a shirtless young man who turned into something. If I know anything about Twilight, yes, I was team shirt By the way, I don't know what that means, but keep your shirts on it's rained. Yes, yes, exactly, that's what I thought.
Speaker 1: It was very very true. Yes, it's funny.
Speaker 3: While we were watching, as I said, this guy could have been in Twilight.
Speaker 1: Well it turns out he.
Speaker 3: Wasn't Twentylight because he like perfectly could just slit right into that cast.
Speaker 1: And you know, he was.
Speaker 3: He was rough and he looked you know, masculine, and he just I mean I loved his character. Long hair and long hair, the gorgeous bone structure. I mean, and I loved his character.
Speaker 2: So that's two for you so far. You've got him, and you've got You've got the Crown.
Speaker 3: Prince Kenny Ortegan knows what he's doing when he's casting these men. I mean, he knows how to find the most prettiest in the bunch. Really he does there. I mean, these are good looking guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, So were you team Jacob or were you Team Edward?
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If I could, I've watched the movies because I felt like I had to so many people loved them.
Speaker 1: I probably would have been team Yeah. I'm team Jacob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, fair enough. I was team Woke. I'm in the ruck. Thead Ooh, I have this is not this is not the movie I thought it was. Then we have Sophia Carson plays Evy, the self obsessed daughter of the Evil Queen, which is a phenomenal character we'll get into. And she's had some Disney stops of course before doing this movie, including the New Adventures in Babysitting remake with Sabrina Carpenter.
Speaker 3: Yes, I got to sit behind them at their premiere. It was so exciting. That was a huge Disney Channel movie. I think it was their hundredth or was.
Speaker 2: That the hundredth. I knew they did something special for.
Speaker 3: The Yeah, they did a big, big premiere and had a lot of people back and I was fortunate enough to be able to sit right behind them, which was so fun because they.
Speaker 1: Were giggling and laughing and you know what I mean, like reliving while they were watching.
Speaker 2: Oh, We're gonna have to watch that movie, yea at some point, and I'll have to get out of my own head because I so fell in love with Elizabeth Shoe with that and Karate Kid in the first one that I'll try to keep it. Yes, it'll be fine, I'll be okay.
Speaker 1: It's different enough that you don't really.
Speaker 2: That's great. Yeah, Hey, I liked the New Karate Kid whole nother story. But since she was in you know, did her Disney stuff, did her adventures in babysitting. She's become a force in Hollywood and fashion, but more importantly, she's become very vocal and a huge voice in philanthropy and social issues, which is great. So she's used her platform to try to make the world a better place.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: And then, of course we have one of the cooler actor names in all of Disney history, Jedediah good Acre. Wow, Chad Charming. I don't know what's better, Chad Charming or Jedediah good Acre because they're both great names.
Speaker 1: Yes, wow.
Speaker 2: And of course Disney does what Disney does, and like they did with President's Daughter and Cheetah Girls and other movies, they will pull in one or two very big name actors to do these, and so Kristin Chennawi placed the head villain Maleficent, which of course she was in Wicked, she was in West Wing, She's been in everything. She is a Dynamo and Godway superstar. Yeahpid Way Superstar. I had no idea she was in this movie. You know this is my real scene.
Speaker 3: It so I had no idea, and when she popped on my screen, I oh, man, oh.
Speaker 2: I would talk about it. Built for a role, I mean, she.
Speaker 1: I can't wait she has this moment.
Speaker 3: I watched at least five or six times, kept rewinding it, kept rewinding. It was making me belly laugh so hard because she's just so funny.
Speaker 1: She's funny and like evil and she doesn't nailed.
Speaker 2: This, agreed. And then another Disney legend, Kathy and Jimmy, who's the evil Queen. She was in hocus Pocus and a whole bunch of other snakes.
Speaker 3: I mean, And so therefore she worked with Kenny Ortega, who also did hocus Pocus before. That was awesome to see them now working together again. She's one of my favorite actresses and characters from Sister act I love her in that movie, and she had some of the same kind of moments where she just shines. She just takes the scene and just completely shines in it.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: That is one of the things I really loved about this movie. We've started, we've seen in the you know, we're just getting into this, but it's occasionally you were able to see that Disney back in the day seemed to spend a little more time on the younger actors, and maybe some of the adult actors weren't featured weren't that great. The character was a little strange. All the adults in this movie killed it.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: This cast from top to bottom was phenomenal, just so good. So you mentioned several times, now Kenny Ortega, who directed this film obviously and started in choreography. Yes, I will let you talk to that because you're the dancer person. But he started with Michael Jackson, Gloria as Stefan, Olivia Newton, John Gene Kelly, and Xanadu. But he's become Disney I mean quite quite literally a Disney legend, because he was given in twenty nineteen the coveted Disney Legend Award. I mean he directed High School Musical, which kind of changed the dcom forever. Right, Yeah, the.
Speaker 3: High School, first highchol musical came out not too long about a year or so, I would say, after the first Cheetah Girls, which was the first like jump into actual musicals, and they learned a lot from that movie. And you can tell from that movie the growth that the channel had the knowledge that they had as far as putting into music, creating sets, creating things that like were very music forward and performance forward, you know what I mean, where they had the places for dancers to be and how to make it.
Speaker 1: Very big numbers, big, huge.
Speaker 3: Numbers, and I mean working with him, he's so visual. Can he goes into space and he just I love watching this movie because I could see Kenny all over.
Speaker 2: You've worked with him, haven't you.
Speaker 1: He's he did our second movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, so he did Chetah Girls too.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chetah Girls too.
Speaker 3: So so walking around everywhere we were on set, it was, you know, he's looking at how he wants the camera to pan and how to see this, and how to use the stage and the props and and everything. And you know, one of my favorite movies he did was Newsy's.
Speaker 2: He was, oh yeah, there, master legend.
Speaker 1: You can see it.
Speaker 3: And it's he has the ability to make things so big and just become iconic.
Speaker 1: He's just a master at his work. He really is.
Speaker 2: I think Ryder Strong has talked about on Pody's World how he auditioned for Newsies. Oh yeah, so so I think he probably got to the to the level of meeting Kenny Ortega. And by the way, mister Ortega, if you're listening, I cannot sing and strange enough and an even worst dancer, but call me so if you're looking for me, I'm here. I don't know why, and you could find me on Instagram with zero followers, but there I am. Come on, I'd love to do one of these.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a legend.
Speaker 3: He has not just a bunch of stories, but you can just he cares so much about his actors and and their their characters. I feel like what he did with me and helping create and develop more dimensions of my character, Like I just I learned so much from him and he just everyone that works with them has such great things to say.
Speaker 1: You know, he really is just an awesome, awesome guy.
Speaker 2: Hopefully we can talk to him one day, I hope, so that would be cool. As everybody knows, the actor is only as good as the words on the page. And the film was written by Joseanne McGibbon and Sarah Perriott. Hope I'm saying that right. And it's actually longer for a dcom than was expected. It was kind of amazed, but yeah, he kind of hits the ninety minute mark, and this one was one hundred and twelve, so it was actually kind of a lot longer. But the thing that's so funny was, I think one of the reasons why it became so long was a lot of people don't know. It was not originally supposed to be a musical.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to say. I had no idea, did you before we found that out?
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Some of the actors didn't know it was going to be a musical, That's the truth.
Speaker 1: Sophia Carson.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, Oh by the way, you're in a lavish musical production with big dance numbers, right, yes, yeah, very very strange, but it did. So it was originally the story is, it was supposed to be this big action adventure comedy, and then Kenny Ortega again got involved, and they went, well, I mean, what are we going to do. It's like, we have the greatest stunt man in the history of the world, but we're not going to put any stunts in the film. Right, So it's like, you've got the one of the greatest choreographers ever and directors, why are we not going to make this a musical?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: And the storyline and the characters. I mean, it just lends you to so much music. I mean it, you know, there's just too many characters that have like music driven parts, you know, things like that. And then of course having the cast that they did, Dove Cameron, Sophia Carr, I mean, their actual seekers, use them, use the talent the way you know, Disney Channel knows how to do best. Absolutely, it makes so much sense. I can't how disappointing it would have been to not being musicals, you know, had that not happen.
Speaker 2: No, I agree. As for the reception of the film, the movie first aired on July thirty first, twenty fifteen, but it debuted on the Disney Channel app, which was a new marketing tool they were trying at the time, and it was viewed more than a million times there, then viewed by six point six million people on premiere night and over twelve million within seven days on DVR I missed DVR. That made it the fifth most watch original movie in cable history, and the critics and fans seemed universally to love this thing. This movie was just all the way across the board considered a success. It was filmed in Vancouver and the rumor, I don't think we can actually get up we're getting a final number. But apparently the entire film was done for under ten million, which is impressive for Disney Channel to see a that they gave that much money, knowing it's Disney Channel, right, but be what they did with that kind of money where you're in a mythical place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was great, Yes, it was great. All right, So one question for you, Yeah, who was your favorite descendant?
Speaker 2: Oh that's tough. If they were all so good, I to me, And they were all good, and I mean that they were all truly good. They grabbed their characters. They each had moments that were wonderful, they each had songs that were wonderful. But now just grabs you. I mean, she she's so good, she's incredible. I mean she the second she comes on screen, You're like, that's a star, Yes, a star.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So she really does grab and hold on to you. And and so it would be hard pressed for me to pick somebody else. I mean, I mean, she's obviously set up as the lead of the film, but she really brings the depth to this character that was, I agree, pretty remarkable. Oh yeah, So is at yours as well.
Speaker 3: No, it depends what you're talking about. So like there's three levels, right obviously, first thing you're going to look at when when you're into what we're into, which is acting, and you know the job. I loved mal the The next thing, Sophia Carson's wardrobe was the coolest wardrobe I've ever seen on the Disney Channel. I will get into that just a little bit longer, because there were some questionable things for me. The Prince he was just so sweet, Prince Ben revided me of Duncan Will.
Speaker 1: It's just oh, he just was so great and so nice.
Speaker 3: And so genuine and so I mean, I just loved his character.
Speaker 1: I thought he was just so sweet.
Speaker 2: Apparently they saw it. Now if I if I have this right, because we have so many different backgrounds that we've tried to do, our amazing producers do all this research for us. I think they ended up seeing Kenny Ortaga ended up seeing something like six hundred actors for that role.
Speaker 1: I believe it.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, I do, I believe it.
Speaker 2: Six hundred actors. But he was he was very very good.
Speaker 3: Ben the son of Bell and the Beast, and I just thought he was so so adorable.
Speaker 2: He's great. Why is he becoming kids?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have to ask. It makes no sense.
Speaker 1: That was the first question of the movie that I had. You're sixteen years old? Are you ready to take on the sixteen years old?
Speaker 3: I don't even know if I believe in the sixteen year old's getting their driver's license anymore.
Speaker 1: If you see them out, he's gonna be king and you're gonna be king.
Speaker 2: And his dad is like forty five and in perfect health.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you are in great health, sir. You look in shape.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Can I finish high school? Maybe before I have to take over the range of the kingdoms, so you guys can go to Sandals, Jamaica or wherever the hell you're gonna go.
Speaker 1: I just I can't.
Speaker 2: I didn't get that.
Speaker 3: It made no sense right from the beginning. But again I get it one of those things we have to let go, let go enjoy. But yes, that was the very first question, because it too. It pops up what two minutes into the.
Speaker 2: Movie multiple times. Yeah, but it's also keeps coming back where it's like you're coming to my corn. Couldn't it have been like it's a coming of age thing at sixteen, like, yes, I'm not trying.
Speaker 3: To vite it's fuff you will, like they could have made up a word for what it would have been.
Speaker 1: Yes, it did not need to be taking over the kingdom.
Speaker 2: No, agreed, one thousand percent agreed. By the way, this kingdom has dragons, magic, magical spells, but no gold. Every time there was something gold that was clearly plastic and bad was the worst. The ring looked bad, a ring was the crown looked bad. I know, It's like there was no gold in the whole kingdom, which was crazy.
Speaker 1: For the ring and the like the jewelry to look back.
Speaker 3: Because the costuming of this movie was so epic amazing. I was so jealous to not be a part of this movie once I really got to see this costuming because it was so so good, so meticulous on each character and everything.
Speaker 1: It was so perfect, dead on.
Speaker 3: And then it was this, you know, worse than like your player's jewelry that you get for your three year old, Like it was just awful.
Speaker 1: It was bad.
Speaker 2: It looked like the ring Duncan got for Halle with the with the little eye tweeting, but that.
Speaker 3: Was supposed to be a gumball ring that made sense to me. This was not this is supposed to be like an antique.
Speaker 1: Jewelry piece of some sort a royal piece of jewelry.
Speaker 2: My wife was sitting next to me, and she said, why why are they crowning him with a Burger king crown, which is what it looked like. It was like, this is these got it? What's going on does make any sense? But the story itself, I think if for the people that don't know it, so essentially we've talked about it. The evil offspring are coming to this preppy high schoo and they have marching orders from their parents to steal the fairy godmother's wand and bring it back. Kind of they didn't get into it too much. They could have been a little more specific. They didn't know if we're supposed to bring it back.
Speaker 3: I was not sure what the mission was. What was they gonna do once they had it? I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: Got a little muddled.
Speaker 3: Also, the kids did not in any way seem excited or like they were gonna succeed at this mission.
Speaker 1: And anyway they were like, Nah, this sounds so dumb.
Speaker 3: I guess I'll go because I have to, but I'm not really interested in this mission.
Speaker 1: From the beginning, it felt like that to me, like don't care.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, the plan is a little muddled. Yeah, but what happens in pure beautiful Disney fashion is these kids who were raised to believe that they were bad are brought into a nice environment. And it's the Disney explanation of nature versus nurture. And so when they're taken out of their bad environment and put into a nice environment, they realize they want to be good, and that good means more than evil. They want to be regular people. They want to don't have you know, don't want to have to pretend that they're The Eve character, for me, was very interesting in what they did with her because it was her mom essentially saying, pretend to be an idiot. You just need to land a man. That's your entire life's purpose. Just land a man and marry him for his money, and that's all you need. And there's something about telling young girls, showing young girls that it's like, no, don't fake being stupid, You're too smart for this. Like for some reason, her storyline resonated and I don't know why that is, because I'm not a young girl.
Speaker 3: I think it's because that's what unfortunately, so many young girls think, you know, you think, oh, let let you know, let someone help you. That's what that's what they want to do. They want to be able to just to help you. And and you're you know, as long as you play like kind of more of that like victim ish type, you know that the hero comes and sweeps you away. It was very money driven. It was all about finding a prince. It wasn't finding anyone, it was finding a prince. But I think that, you know, in Disney true fashion, like part of her storyline was realizing how smart she is, you know, and realizing how talented she is with her clothing that she's able to do and create and all of that, and finding like her place of what makes her really special, which is wonderful. But it's just crazy that it's not peer pressure that was making her think that. It was her mom that was weird to me, That's what it was. Wasn't her friends thinking that way and she's going with it, you know, which is typical. This was her mom legitimately saying you need to be dumb and finding prince.
Speaker 1: That's all weird, Like to.
Speaker 2: The part where she's got the little mirror, She's got the little mirror that she's with her mirror mirror on the wall, and at one point she's wearing the shirt that just is fairest. Like all the little things that were that they did for the character, I thought it was just so good.
Speaker 3: I think was like supposed to be like a replica of some sort of the box with the pincushion that that yeah, that the you know, the heart was supposed to be, remember, was supposed to be give They kept referencing the bag, so I kind of looked around and that's what I found was like that bag was supposed to be that that box that he was supposed to come back with her heart in.
Speaker 2: Well, nobody does an Easter egg like Disney. I mean, nobody does an Easter egg like Disney. That's cool, and I did not notice it. Now, this is not to say that there were not parts of this film that were, let's say problematic. We've talked about the fact that the we don't really know what the plan was. We it was a little strange there kind of yeah, their motivation and what they were going to do when once they got the one, but she also drugs this dude twice, twice twice. I mean it's like she she she slipped something into this guy's food. So not okay, not okay, not okay at all. I mean, but and he the thing. But I don't know what was worse for me, And maybe you could talk about this a little more. I don't know what was worse for me the fact that she's drugging this dude multiple times, or that he's like, I'm totally cool.
Speaker 1: Totally cool game.
Speaker 3: I mean I think I was drinking some coffee or like a latte of some sort and spit it out when they were in that chariot and he's like, oh yeah, when you oh, you mean the love spell? You put me on under end because it is And he just like explains off and she's like yeah, and he's like it's cool.
Speaker 1: Moves on, are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: We can't even have a little bit more of a conversation about it.
Speaker 1: Not anything, just cool, moving on. I maybe trust it.
Speaker 2: Comes up a little bit. I got a little bit of trust.
Speaker 3: That that I was irritated about. It was like this is we're moving too fast here, guys. Let's pump the brakes and and you know, talk about this because it's really not okay no.
Speaker 2: And I think it's one of those things where you do, at some point on the date have to say, I'm enjoying spending my time with you, Please don't drug my food. I think that just that has to that. You know, I don't know if it comes up naturally or you have to force the issue. But by the second time she's given you it started with the cookie, which so is the This is another question. Is the tear that they have to get that's what activates the spell? Right because Mulan's daughter comes in and takes a bite before she adds the chips and there's no.
Speaker 3: Problem, which I had a moment there of what tell me, why is this getting so deep? We are spending a lot of time on it, and then it's like, oh, she's making her cry.
Speaker 2: Now wait, do you think they were forcing the issue? Do you think they were trying to make her cry? Or do you think they were really feeling it?
Speaker 1: I was actually kind of confused. I was kind of confused. I wasn't really sure.
Speaker 3: All I knew was all of a sudden, this movie that I've been enjoying has been so happy and funny and a perfect mix of evil and good and all this stuff. And it just got really deep and I was not ready for the depth of what was going on. And then it was like, oh so I had like a Sabrina moment on that, like Goss got it.
Speaker 2: And they had to bring it back. Then at the end where she's once again now by herself making up her that part owns Disney mess. That part, she's cooking her Disney mess in the in the kitchen again by herself and crying into it and you can, I just did, and so that's what but it is she's cooking it up again, and this time it's her own tears that are and and so she can once again drug this guy.
Speaker 3: I know, aside from the drugging, her actually having feelings did make me feel some type of way.
Speaker 2: I did, like, you know, it was very nice and you could tell she the acting was wonderful. She's conflicted the entire time, right, I would say this though, not just about the drugging, but about the entire having to have the love spell. No, it was kind of obvious and maybe just to us as the audience that and I can see how the argument be made that because they'd never experienced before as their characters this type of crush, they wouldn't recognize it if they saw it. But Ben wasn't really hiding the fact that he liked her. No, even before again she decided to right.
Speaker 1: Was the love spell actually even necessary?
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying now.
Speaker 3: He looked like he was ready to drop that girlfriend like a bad abboit. She was annoying and kind of I guess his only option that he felt was okay, like his mom didn't like her. We found later on she annoyed me from the beginning, so I could understand multiple days with her where he'd feel like I get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so I didn't. That's that was strange me. It's like, well, the guy obviously likes you. I figured when she said it's time for him to get a new girlfriend, that, okay, the plan is going to be to kind of, in a Disney fashion, seduce this guy, and you know what I mean, like to make I'm going to become his new girlfriend. But I didn't think she was going to resort to Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just just say, well, you ever honestly think the absolute answer would be the result of drugs I didn't think so.
Speaker 2: Well, I can guess at the end of the day, if you go back to some of their original ip it was the Poison Apple, and it I mean kind of what it is is these are kind of based on the Grim's fairy tales, which are some of the darkest, you know, cooking kids and ovens kind of stories. So, I mean, I guess, you know, a few drops here and a few drops there in the Kingdom was something that was totally normal for you know, fifties and sixties Disney. Yeah, so I guess. So we need to talk very briefly about the spells that are going on.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree.
Speaker 2: Because some of the again ten million dollars big budget for Disney's huge, but some of the effects are I mean, the dragon doesn't look great.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't, and I feel terrible about it.
Speaker 2: But it's a dragon, which is which is You've got a dragon in a Disney Channel movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that that's not something I had a zero I no Moleficent, like I said, she's one of my favorite villains. I've been to Fantasmic, Oh for seven hundred times at.
Speaker 1: The Disneyland resort. I get it.
Speaker 3: I just never thought in this Disney Channel movie we were going to get a dragon.
Speaker 2: No, and for what they had and for Disney Channel, that's pretty amazing to have this dragon form seen a.
Speaker 1: Huge Game of Thrones fan, though.
Speaker 2: Of course HBO though HBO Channel original movie.
Speaker 3: Right during the time when like Game of Thrones was huge already.
Speaker 2: I know that was a little.
Speaker 1: Difficult for me.
Speaker 3: But then when it turned into the Little Baby I Love Now, would it have thrown you if all the Lanisters at the same time broke into the same song and dance, because it would have thrown me off.
Speaker 1: Of the world and back. Oh man.
Speaker 2: By the way, that dragon apparently took over two thousand hours to animate, jeez, which is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I mean, I again, Channel Movie not saying that these movies aren't great, it's just that they're not films. That's that's that's like a film right now, you're talking about a cartoon film, an animated film.
Speaker 2: That's just what.
Speaker 3: It's wonderful that that this is what this sentence is getting.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's it's funny that you say that because this is the first movie we've watched so far. And I mean no disrespect to our films, because I'm talking about our films essentially and brink no disrespect to those films, but this is the first one I've seen that I wished I had seen in the movie theater. Same same, I think there's there was a majesty to this one, and a lot of that was represented. Ve we do have to talk briefly about the music, yes, because a lot of that was represented, and again I don't like it, but man it don't. I didn't mind it here. They had some huge, lavish dance scenes with these incredible songs that again I'm still humming. So I mean, do you have a favorite song?
Speaker 3: One hundred percent rotten to the core? Again, great beginning of the movie. Got a chance to see. It was so thriller esque and Kenny Ortega is just perfect, perfect way that he knows how to do this kind of music.
Speaker 1: He knows how to get the visuals.
Speaker 3: I mean, it created a villain type I feel and vibe.
Speaker 1: They worked that set like no others.
Speaker 3: Swinging on things, you know, taking taking a fence along for a ride, coming out of things, rolling down curbs. I mean, it was just it was I was in it. That's when I said, oh, I am going to love this movie. I am going to love it.
Speaker 2: Then it set up all the characters perfectly, true.
Speaker 1: Quickly, perfectly.
Speaker 3: Then Evil Like Me came on and it switched right so it went from the rotten to the core.
Speaker 1: Felt more like an urban you.
Speaker 2: Know now, almost like a step up movie, like a dance kind of movie like that.
Speaker 3: Yes, it felt very cool, rocker, you know, but new wage. Right then Evil Like Me with Kristin Chenowick and Dove Cameron. First of all, Kristen was like, go ahead and step aside, kids, this is me right.
Speaker 2: Here, this is my you're great, but this is how it's done exactly.
Speaker 3: She brought Broadway to life with it, and it was a totally different style than what we had heard so far in the movie.
Speaker 2: It just it was like old school Disney. It sounded like it was like old.
Speaker 1: School it was.
Speaker 3: It felt like Mary Poppins's idea, you know, and just oh man, it was incredible, And I was so happy for Dove to be able to get to do that with her, because I'm sure she was just soaking in every moment and knowing how epic it was that she was getting to do this scene with her so those two were definitely my favorite. Next in line is did I mention?
Speaker 2: Wait? Now, wait, which one is did I mention?
Speaker 1: This is the one? Did I mention it?
Speaker 3: I think when he's telling her he's in the spell and he's on the field after.
Speaker 2: The game, Oh, this is the I'm in love with you in our id and where they spell out ridiculous, yes is it? Did I mention?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Where just just so their parts of it were so adorable, but it was like Elvis.
Speaker 1: He was performing at very Elvis. There was a lot of hip.
Speaker 2: Thrust, was whacked on drugshit, just drugged the man.
Speaker 3: But you could sell like, I mean, he did a great job, but it was very It was for me like, Okay, this isn't as goodness that what we've seen so far, but still so sweet and I love that, Like I love that he didn't come out more like a zach Efron where it was just like oh my, what what doesn't this kid have? You know, it was like he wasn't like the biggest dancer you could tell, but he was. It was cute and again I loved going and swaying into that like you know that Elvis Presley like like it was just so I don't know it worked for me.
Speaker 2: I rule him into the stands. They throw him like fifteen feet into stands past his ex girlfriend. By just says it started to sing in front of people like I'm not even gonna tell my ex girlfriend I'm breaking up with you. Nope, I am just gonna sing to the other girl in the stands because again and she messed.
Speaker 1: Me beyondreud though beyondrod.
Speaker 2: On drugs, but so yes, that was that one was a little crazy.
Speaker 3: And then her saying it's fine, this is my date to the dance now, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all moved on very quickly.
Speaker 3: Again, this was another scene that everyone just like Boo moved on. No big deal, Ben's no longer with her, He's with mal now, like not even.
Speaker 1: A so sorry you're you must be upset or thing like.
Speaker 2: No, of course nothing. I'm I'm predicting for for descendants too, And the people are gonna start screaming because of the people that have seen it and I have not, but I am predicting because they saw it a little bit. At the end, I think his ex girlfriend is going to hook up with Jack with Boo Boo with Booboo with boob I think she's gonna end up with that kind of you could see that happening. I think she's gonna be brought into the click. I think everybody's gonna be gonna be cool with it. Be our guest. I frankly loved what they did with it. I really want to I did you did not? I kind of dug it, you know. I it's hard for me. I am such a traditional Disney person. I love, okay, tradition, I love. I don't like when things change too much.
Speaker 3: You know. It's it's a little hard for me even going to see things like you know, on stage versus what's in the movie, like extra new songs. It takes me a while to be like, okay, I like it, so, you know, but it was such a perfect, perfect song words it's seen for what was happening in the movie. I mean, it couldn't have been a better thick, you know, of a song to do him being the Beast and Belle's son.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's just all of it was just it was. It was a great thing.
Speaker 3: And I you know, making it more into like a poppy hip hop type situation, I don't know, I don't know that might be going, but I can appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Well, I want to ask you just really very brief explanation, what the hell is dubstep and why are people telling you I'm supposed to know what it means?
Speaker 1: That went over my head.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that, producer Jensen, are you here?
Speaker 4: I hate being the resident dubstep expert because that makes me truly, truly the worst person on the zoom. But I it is a certain type of music that was very popular and kind of the middle as to late ats, and it's like, uh, it's to you, it's techno music.
Speaker 2: It's like, okay, but it's a certain.
Speaker 4: Type of food.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh okay.
Speaker 4: It's like you know how like there's so many songs in this movie that are instrumental mostly, but they're.
Speaker 2: Like wow, wow, wowt okay, okay, great, all right, back to my cave. Thank you, thank you, thanks. So there we go. He's forever the resident dubs step expert. Okay, I was gonna say, speaking of resident experts dance, you're obviously the dance expert. So I'm gonna ask a what the your favorite and best dance of the movie was, But who was also the best dancer there?
Speaker 1: Got it done so.
Speaker 3: First for sure for me, still rotten to the core, rotten to the core, down favorite. I could watch that as like an actual music video all the time.
Speaker 1: I really really loved it.
Speaker 3: That much makes sense. The dancing and it was great. The stage gene was amazing. Like I said, costuming was just so perfect. It set up the movie in the most perfect way. I was so about it. Sophia Carson killed it this whole movie with her dance dancing.
Speaker 1: She can she can dance.
Speaker 3: So the fact that I find out later that she didn't even know it was the musical, I can only imagine what her mindset was, like, Oh it's a musical, now, okay, here we go, let me show it off.
Speaker 1: Ooh boom, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like she's like, I'm gonna shine in this movie, Like this movie is mine.
Speaker 1: She killed it, and she killed it. She was so good.
Speaker 3: Boo Boo was also a great You can tell he's got quite a bit of training. I also love that he has like some sort of martial arts background of some sort.
Speaker 1: He must.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could see that he had the street dancer thing that I see in Step Up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that was like a you know, someone doing it for him A double yeah. I think that was definitely him doing those martial arts moves, which they weren't. I don't know a bunch about all of them, but I think they're fairly easy if you have any training in.
Speaker 2: It, so you can flip and everything like that. Yet, right, yeah, I hurt my back watching.
Speaker 3: But I mean, like they weren't like it wasn't like a triple full out on the thing. It was like, you know, it wasn't like Olympic style stuff, but it was very cool. Not everyone can do it, and I believe that he seemed like he had some kind of martial art background, which is cool.
Speaker 1: Like that's so cool. I love that.
Speaker 2: Let's hop into real reviews, and for those of you out there who know the real reviews are, we pick one five star and one one star review from the internet machine. They are all real and we don't change a word. So which one you want to do today?
Speaker 3: What I want to do the five star because I think you're going to just kill the one star.
Speaker 1: It's going to be okay, and I want to hear.
Speaker 2: You read it all right, so you go ahead.
Speaker 3: Stars from Emily A. I love descendants so much. Whether you're a little kid, a team like me, or an adult, it's fun for the whole family to watch. Henny Ortega does such an amazing job. One of my favorite d coms for sure. I agree, Emily, I'm there with you, Snick.
Speaker 2: I don't disagree with that at all. I think that was I think that's right at the spot. On this next one, I'm going to read as is it is one star. We don't have who this came from, so this is a real we know it's a real review, but there's no name.
Speaker 1: But they were too scared to say their name.
Speaker 2: Probably it says, first of all, why is Disney teaching kids how to steal people's man? Audrey and Ben were dating, and for her to just steal her man like that is wrong, and no one really cared about it. They just kept praising her while Audrey was hurt. Never really saw this coming from Disney.
Speaker 3: I'm kind of with this person, to be honest, because I did find it.
Speaker 1: She didn't have a.
Speaker 3: Group of Normally I would think there'd be at least like one or two friends. Like everyone just turned the one. I mean not the whole crowd needs to care. But she doesn't have anyone literally, like she's Aurora's daughter and she doesn't have any friends. That's so so sad.
Speaker 2: It is sad. But at the same time, her man was drugged to be stolen the West Right. For the record, he didn't just choose to watch way like.
Speaker 1: We said before.
Speaker 3: He was kind of already tiptoeing that way anyway. Ben was not into her. I agree, that's the book she needed to read. He just got that into you, girl, Sorry, that into you.
Speaker 2: Oh my. We've got a new game we're gonna play this week that I'm very excited about. It's called Consumed. Okay, So I'm gonna list off three different pieces of Descendants merchandise released by Disney and picked from the get ready for it seven pages of possibilities on Amazon. But one of these has been made up, So show your work here if you know what it is, and we're gonna find out which one's fake. Now here's the other thing that's fun. You and I don't know which one's fake. I don't, I don't swear I neither of us know which one is fake. So why don't I'll read the first one, you read the second one. We'll go back and forth and see what it is. And again we do not know which one of these are real and which ones are fake. One of these is fake. It's like two truths in a lie, but with with amazons with merchandise. So the first one is a descendant's tankini top not entirely sure what that is and bottom swims suit set is a tankinie a bigger bikini.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it looks like a tank top, but it's an actual So it's a two piece.
Speaker 1: It's a two pieces, just long.
Speaker 2: Okay, So a a Descendant's tankini top and bottom swimsuit set.
Speaker 1: That's okable.
Speaker 2: I I would think that would be believable. That makes sense, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Okay, there's got There's no way there's not. I feel an ice cube tray with the picture of mal that reads chilling like a villain.
Speaker 2: That's gotta be real too, though, isn't it. I mean, I want.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm Monroe is real.
Speaker 3: Wake up one day and I've just re designed her whole bedrooms.
Speaker 2: Oh see, I'm not even thinking about that. I'm thinking about cracking my mouth ice to see chilling like a villain, to drop it into bourbon, which they probably normally don't do on Disney Shit.
Speaker 3: Oh, I have a Mickey Mouse ice cube maker, aren't those?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like a Mickey Ahead.
Speaker 2: I had a death Star right, Oh, I saw that one Star ice cube so cool. So the third one so that okay, we got the tankini top the ice cream ice cube tray. And the third one is a five foot eight inch life size cardboard cutout stand up of jet. That's also got to be I've hower not all three of these, not I.
Speaker 3: My friend has the only reason I know she's purchased one of those of me.
Speaker 1: So I think the cardboard cutout Wait.
Speaker 2: There's a wait, there's a there's a like there's a standing of you and you just throw that in like she buried the.
Speaker 3: Lead round to this convention she was at for Delta Gamma, because I'm a Delta Gamma and she took it to a Delta Gamma convention the whole weekend with her and kept taking pictures because I couldn't be there, So she brought my cut out.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have so many questions. We'll get into it a later time. Okay. So I'm going to say this. I hate to say it because it's the one that I actually want. But my guess is the ice cube tray with mal reading chilling like a villain is face.
Speaker 1: That's probably what it has to be, which is that's such a bummer.
Speaker 2: All right, Well let's find out what the fake one is.
Speaker 4: All right, Okay, so the fake one, guys, you got it right. It was the ice cube tray with a picture of mall that reached.
Speaker 2: That's the one I wanted.
Speaker 4: Listen, it was positive thinking on my end. I was hoping I could move Disney to actually make it.
Speaker 2: Oh, that would be the yes.
Speaker 1: Maybe this podcast will make that happen.
Speaker 3: For all those bourbon drinkers out there that are also defended fans.
Speaker 2: Good, good job guys, Thank you Jenson. It's the one thing that I wanted because I do not fit into a Tankini and I do not need a stand up of jay No.
Speaker 1: And it would be weird if you had a cardboard cut out of Jay at your.
Speaker 2: I can promise you I'm going to have one of you back here soon. Though. If you think we're going to do this podcast at one point and there's not going to be a life size you back there, you are getting yourself into that.
Speaker 1: Into that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So the game they're playing. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 3: I was so confused thinking it was lacrosse. But then I don't know a lot about lacrosse. So I said to myself, Oh, there's a lot of components about lacrosse that I really don't know.
Speaker 2: Like lacrosse. Well, no, there's no dragons in this. In regular lacrosse. There's a kill zone in this one. It seems to be three on, which is.
Speaker 3: So American gladiator. I was so hooked on it. I loved that. I love, love, love that, and think that should be part of the new sport.
Speaker 2: It's Yes, it's very strange because it's it's probably, of course playing off of quidditch, which is such a big part of which was my safety school, Hogwarts and all of the Harry Potter stuff.
Speaker 1: So is that when they fly around on those broom thingies.
Speaker 2: Did you not read Harry Potter? Do you not know Harry Potter?
Speaker 1: I don't know Harry Potter. That was not a Disney movie.
Speaker 2: Oh that just hurt me right in my feel bads, not in my zone. Okay. Yes, Quidditch is a game that's played in the magical world that you use a there's a quaffle, and there's bludgers and golden snitch, and you've got seekers and goalkeepers and it's a very.
Speaker 1: Been on the ride. I've been on the ride that you ride one of those.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, yes, this one seemed a little more thrown together and haphazard than quidditch. Okay, so it was tough to follow.
Speaker 3: Tough to Yeah, yeah, I mean it was I think also because well, you're flying in the air with the other one. I believe that I remember this one they chose to do again. We had Booboo that came in here with his like martial arts stuff and he was like flipping and using people to like jump up and over and on and all this stuff too. So there wasn't really a lot of like understanding of what this game was.
Speaker 2: It just was like he was there there, and essentially what I think they were trying to do is Booboo comes in, Jay comes in and he's aggressive and so like you would in a high school in America, it's like, hey, throw in some football pads and let's get him on the football field.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that this is the Princely Aradon equivalent of throwing some to get him on the football field.
Speaker 3: I wish more happened with the American gladiator throw contraptions.
Speaker 1: I wish yeah had happened.
Speaker 2: When you were a hit you actually lose a limb.
Speaker 3: Well, I just feel that there was a lot of There's a lot of opportunity for some comedy with that. You know, whether you're going out into the crowd, that thing starts malfunctioning. I mean, you know what I mean, have been like a nice comedic moment.
Speaker 2: Somebody puts a spell on it and it hits other people, right.
Speaker 1: Yes, I feel like it could have been used a little bit more.
Speaker 3: But you know, maybe maybe in the second one will we just don't know exactly.
Speaker 2: We will have to see when we get there. So I don't always see everything that's going on, which surprises a lot of Pod New World listeners because I'm usually the one on pod which sees everything, which shows how little in the world the three of us actually see anything, and how somebody like Sabrina sees everything. So what do you got for us for Sabrina sees this week?
Speaker 1: This week? This this scene killed me.
Speaker 3: I mean I really took some time to just kind of rewatch it a couple times because they just couldn't believe it. It's when we have our little man Cameron, who is afraid of dogs. And he is not afraid of dogs. He is deathly like ye for real, has a phobia. Yeah okay, yes, raised that way totally, just completely like brainwashed that dogs are these awful creatures.
Speaker 2: Kuela Dell is his mom.
Speaker 3: Zuela Davilla is his mom. I'm with it makes sense. This tiny little dog starts running after him. He loses his mind, runs into the forest and up a tree and freaks out. Okay, I have a phobia of snakes. You get a snake around me, I'm not gonna it's not funny to me. I really lose my mind. I don't go into houses that have reptiles. Even a lizard I.
Speaker 1: Might do, but I really do not like snakes at all.
Speaker 2: I have to make a call and cancel your birthday present.
Speaker 1: Thank you please, because I will not talk to you ever again. I'm not even kidding. I'm so scared of that.
Speaker 3: I really am. And he has a phobia of dogs. Ben picks up the dog pets. It tells him he's not that scary. He takes one look comes right down from the tree. Okay, that's fine, all right, okay, all right, you know I can understand, all right, maybe I'm freaking out, but hold the dog over there, hold it far away, far far away from me.
Speaker 1: No, he goes right up. Let the dog lick him everything. Then Ben gives him the dog and then walk so way. Look it just you lost me.
Speaker 3: It was so again a moment in the movie that just I understand where we're going with it and why. You know, it's it's a part of him becoming and seeing the difference of what's happened in his upbringing and the reality.
Speaker 1: And I get I.
Speaker 3: Get it, But it was too if he had a real phobia that there is absolutely no way will I don't care how.
Speaker 2: Why read each other for that?
Speaker 3: You're gonna bring a snake around me? And yeah, I mean he's not eating you. So I'll maybe get down out of the tree, but I am not touching the snake, nor are you giving me that snake in my arms and walking away.
Speaker 1: I would feel you that would be.
Speaker 3: So horrible that that seemed absolutely slaughtered me.
Speaker 2: It did get it, I couldn't get it.
Speaker 3: And then the last one is very quick, but when Malificent becomes this little salamander, another reptile, a little lizard, mal seems to almost squish her because they're in a green screen.
Speaker 2: Look, she almost steps on her, like nine different times. I saw that too.
Speaker 1: Your mom, your mom, your mom looked down, look down.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 1: Do something again.
Speaker 3: They're working in green screen. She wasn't really exactly sure where her mom was. So not her fault, I know.
Speaker 2: And that's at the end where it also doesn't make any sense where they're just supposed to grab the wand are they then supposed to run out with it. There's not a whole lot. I didn't understand what the whole point there was. But the music was awesome, and.
Speaker 1: The music was awesome.
Speaker 3: It was the hair extensions added amazing that uh that the superhero well does her little spell on It really was just taking off the wig and putting extensions in.
Speaker 1: But I mean it worked like over and over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: I love that. Well, let's rate it then, and now we got to pick how we're going to rate this one. Okay, I take it now. You don't want tiny lizards because you're not You're not You're not.
Speaker 1: Any person prefer not tiny lizards.
Speaker 2: About dose dose cookies, number of dose cookies, stolen wands, museum spinning wheels. What should we do?
Speaker 3: I like the stolen wands, stolen magical, Let's get magical magical for magical?
Speaker 2: How many stolen wands out of ten? As everybody knows, we do the standard standard deal here one best, ten great?
Speaker 1: How nice stolen wands for me?
Speaker 3: Nine?
Speaker 2: I'm going to agree with you one hundred percent. I'm going to give it stolen wands as well, because I have.
Speaker 1: A feeling it's gonna get better, so I want to save that ten.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not giving a ten to anybody unless it's earned. But this was close because it also just shows how far the dcom has come, even from where we start. We started in the in the late nineties. It's not like we started back with the Wonderful World the Disneys in the sixties, which we're going to get into that stuff too, absolutely, but just from ninety seven to twenty fifteen, it's so night and day what they're doing with these d coms.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 3: There's just so much to be able to feel like you can take on a character.
Speaker 1: For me, is where it's awesome. I love that. I love actual character driven like full blown. This was a.
Speaker 3: Disney Disney Disney magical movie.
Speaker 2: Agreed. Okay, we're on the same page. Yes, I enjoyed it. I really did. I love it.
Speaker 1: I am gonna make you a musical lover.
Speaker 2: That is can I okay those kind of musicals. You have as much chance of making me a musical lover as I do of making you a snake lover.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, okay, I'm telling it.
Speaker 2: It throws me. It bumps me every time where it's like, how did the guy who's delivering the package behind you get the memo about the song and the dance?
Speaker 1: I know it's true. It's true, it's true.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's it for this. Uh this episode Descendants, what a watch. This was a good one. Nine nine magical wands all the way around. Yes, and after that, you're not gonna want to miss this one, trust me. Are you ready to bring him? Because we are what hanging ten with Johnny Tsunami, which I think is like your favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 1: Man, Oh, I cannot wait. And you know what's awesome.
Speaker 3: I've been, obviously as you have with your wife, been talking with my husband Jordan and talking about his favorite ones, you know, being being a boy, not being an actor, you know kinds of movies. And he was so upset because he was out of town. When I watched The Brink and did know, he was so bummed. And then I told him, well, we're gonna do Johnny Sunami. He's like, you better not watch that without me.
Speaker 1: I want to rewatch it too.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm watching them all with my wife as well. It's been so much fun and getting.
Speaker 1: The kiddos to watch with us too is exciting.
Speaker 2: Good. So that is next, Johnny Tsunami. So it is on Disney Plus. So watch along with us and remember to subscribe to our feed and you can always follow us at Magical rewind Pod on Instagram. Thanks everybody,