Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Israel says Iran will pay a price for its unprecedented ballistic missile attack last week.
Speaker 2: Look you fush along with you.
Speaker 1: Our attack will be deadly precise and above all surprising.
Speaker 2: They will not understand what happened and how it happened.
Speaker 4: Yes, deadly precise and above all surprising.
Speaker 2: Deadly precise and above all surprising.
Speaker 1: Oh, the whole pager and walkie talkie thing was surezille surprising.
Speaker 2: So I wonder what they have in mind.
Speaker 1: And it's going back a few years the Stucksnet cyber attack on Iran's nucle your centrifuges.
Speaker 2: That was us though, right, was it? I think it was us?
Speaker 1: Could be yeah, yeah, you may be right anyway, Yeah, the Israel has a history of being above all surprising.
Speaker 5: Biden and Yahoo talked for the first time in weeks yesterday, this on the heels of the Woodward Book leaks that have Biden calling bb nettan yah who blankn a hole? But you know, the politicians know that each other calls themselves that they all know that, right. You don't rise to that level of politics without expecting many, many people to call you those kind of names.
Speaker 2: I think, oh yeah, yeah, or yeah please.
Speaker 1: The guy was like special forces right to combat Yeah, and a veteran of the brutal Israeli political scene.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, yeah, anyway, that's what my mother calls me.
Speaker 1: He's thinking.
Speaker 4: Here's a little more on the report of how that phone call went.
Speaker 3: I guess the US has been pushing for a strike that is symbolic and avoids sparking a larger war, according to Israeli sources. With that President Biden had his first phone call with the Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Nett and Yahoo since August.
Speaker 4: The two leaders were able to have a productive, straightforward on his conversation, as they tend to do.
Speaker 2: I don't have anything beyond that.
Speaker 5: Of course, Biden's pushing for a strike that's symbolic. It's in his genetics to just never do anything with any umph whatsoever.
Speaker 2: All right, Wow, if he.
Speaker 4: Had been president, ben Laden would still be alive.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, one hundred percent, yeah, and Israel would be besieged on all sides far worse than they are now.
Speaker 5: And Zelenski would have left Kiev and be in a hotel somewhere. Romanda Dorohn would have the bomb. Yeah, all these things are pretty documentably true. Yeah, that is sort of thing. Maybe it's just being a man or whatever, but that sort of thing is just, oh, finding so annoying.
Speaker 1: Just the we better not do anything, We better not do anything every single time.
Speaker 5: Right, Occasionally that's a good idea. This occasionally that's the smart thing to do, but always.
Speaker 1: No, Joe Biden has been wrong about every major foreign policy issue for the last fifty years. It's fifty five now, by the way. A couple of developments in the Middle East of note Yaya Sinoar, the lunatic, the violent megalomaniac who is in charge of HAMAS now he's the guy who organized the October seventh attacks and is now fully in charge of HAMAS, has sent a directive to senior operatives. Now is the time to revive suicide bombings. They had not done that for about twenty years. Wow, but there's already been One guy's bomb went off prematurely before he could kill any Jews, but he had posted in a video released later by the group. Quote, what bling it is that my bones become shrapnel that blow apart the usurping zionist jew Jews. He said, that's a perfectly sane way to look at life. And then this the US season opening to sideline Hesbola politically in Lebanon, the whole ceasefire.
Speaker 2: We don't want to escalate thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know if Joe Biden has become so old and senile now that he's not really a factor, But the other leaders like Blinken of the Foreign Policy Team are saying, look, Hesbela is so completely weakened. They are so disruptive and destabilizing. Lebanon doesn't have a chance with Hesbola being like the biggest, most important political party. Maybe now we empower the other guys in Lebanon to try to.
Speaker 2: Stabilize the country. So they're making a big effort at that.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: My reading of New Cold Wars by David Sanger, with all the behind the scenes on the Ukraine stuff, mostly is that Blincoln is much more AGGRESSI have been Biden. Is Biden is holding back his secretary of State as opposed the other way around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Now I'm not very optimistic about the idea of bringing stability and democracy functioning democracy to Lebanon. But you know, I, having observed the last thirty years of Middle Eastern policy, I'm pretty damn convinced that you just are so big and scary nobody messes with you. Is the only thing that works in the region. You know, have a shot at getting rid of Hisbola by all means they're evil, they're disgusting, their maniacs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's lomist scum.
Speaker 5: I was listened to a great podcast the other day that included some historical views of this that it's just so easy to forget because the world has been stable all of our lives, right, everybody listening, your whole life, the world has been this kind of stable. The only reason there's ever any stability between countries is because one or more of them have has the power or to keep it that way that if you tried to change it, you would get obliterated. That's the only reason it's stable. If China could take what they wanted to take, they would have. If Russia could take it, they would Many many countries if they could take something, they would The only reason they haven't is because they would be obliterated by the United States or NATO or whoever. Right, that's the only thing that keeps things in places. Force, And you've got so much of a crowd out there that doesn't believe in force.
Speaker 1: Right, They're uncomfortable with it for reasons of I mean, they have lovely hearts, but they're misguided. And that doesn't excuse any sort of military adventurism or neoconism or anything like that. No, you build up awesome, terrifying power and then you use it extremely judiciously.
Speaker 5: One more thing on that before we switch gears. I was listening to No Comedy and Mirth to another thing yesterday with a polyci person, historian sort of person talking about there are eight billion people on planet Earth. There are really only about two billion that live in liberal democracies. So there are way more people that either will or at least hedge their bets on siding with the Rushes and China's of the world.
Speaker 1: Sure, the regimes, the guys with the guns and money in those countries. Absolutely, it's easy to forget we're the minority, not the majority. We are the majority of power currently, but not.
Speaker 2: The majority of people. Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So back into it and in a minute afterward from Prize Picks, America's number one daily fantasy sports app with over five million active members, Prize Picks is the easiest and most exciting way to play daily fantasy sports. Unlike other apps, on Prize Picks, it's just you against the numbers.
Speaker 5: Football game tonight, lots of baseball games going on, you pick more or less.
Speaker 2: That's the way the whole thing works.
Speaker 5: And you don't have to be in a fantasy football league or something like that, dedicating hours and hours of your life.
Speaker 2: You can get involved in this right away.
Speaker 5: You can now win up to one hundred times your money on Prize Picks with as little as four correct picks, which is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: And all withdrawals are fast.
Speaker 5: Safe and secure, and when your pick's hit you can get your money and as quick as fifteen minutes.
Speaker 1: And you can pick as few as two player projections or as many as six and watch the winnings role in easy fun. Download the Prize Picks after today, use the code Armstrong and get fifty bucks instantly. When you play five dollars, that's the code Armstrong and Prize Picks you get that fifty dollars instantly. When you play five dollars, you don't win to get it, you just get it.
Speaker 2: It's guaranteed. Prize picks run your game.
Speaker 5: So there's this comedy podcast that I watch now and then they usually have other comedians on and talk to them whatever, But they had Trump on yesterday and Trump got on a riff about Joe Biden and the beach and everything.
Speaker 6: That's pretty funny, funny or sad. I think it's more sad than funny. Yeah, he has one ability. I don't have sleeps. He can sleep. This guy goes on the beach and he lays down on one of those you know, six ounces they weighed six ounces and you can't lift it.
Speaker 2: You know, they're men.
Speaker 6: They're meant for children, young people and old people to lift.
Speaker 2: They wait very little and he can't lift.
Speaker 6: And somebody convinced him he looks good in a bathing suit, and when you're eighty two, typically bathing suits are gonna make you look great.
Speaker 2: You're not going to be enhanced. I can't be.
Speaker 6: Sure about that, but typically, you know, I don't know what the hell he's backing, but I don't want to and I don't want to know. I don't know, but he has an ability to fall asleep while on camera.
Speaker 2: He can lie.
Speaker 6: Down on one of those things and in minutes he's stone called out and he's got cameras because he's a resident, so they have cameras on him. And then they show him sleeping on the beach. Yeah, you'll never see me sleeping in front of camera.
Speaker 5: That is well, that's a guy who's incredibly old that can lay down there on the beach, age eighty with your belly hanging out and everything going on in the world and just doze off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the middle of the day. He's nearing the end, God bless him. Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: He's ready to go for another four years behind the scenes. I can't even keep up with him. Signed everybody in July or signed everybody still now. If they hadn't had that debate, possibly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: As I was predicting for like a year, solid year and a half that there's no way he could be the candidate because the trend line was just clearly going to be below the Mendoze line. I'm just saying they might have been able to hide it for another I wonder that would have been that would have been a hell of a deal to observe.
Speaker 2: A boy in a parallel universe.
Speaker 5: I would like to watch how that would have played out, because it would obviously have been become increasingly difficult to hide the fact that he was so out.
Speaker 1: Of it and increasingly hilariously desperate on the part of the mainstream media and the Democratic establishment to continue to claim that he was fine. I kind of feel like I missed out on a real comment.
Speaker 2: I know, I agree that would have been good.
Speaker 5: Joe Biden can't lift the little aluminum chairs that you sit in.
Speaker 2: Say it's made for a child and old people.
Speaker 4: But he can't lift a quick on air meeting.
Speaker 5: Because I just saw Bill O'Reilly on the screen, Hey Hanson, we got to get O'Reilly on, Bill O'Reilly on. So I was talking to our boss and I hadn't checked out Bill O'Reilly's latest act. Do you remember the last time we had Bill O'Reilly on? Joe how that was? Yeah, it's vaguely okay. So we had Bill O'Reilly on shortly after he left Fox, and he did his usual Bill O'Reilly thing where he just bulldozed us and would let us talk. And I got freaking mad. I hate that my name's on the show, not yours. Bill O'Reilly and I get to talk. So we haven't had him on since, but apparently his new thing is way different now that he's free from Fox. And our boss said, oh, it's a fantastic good guy's got to have him on.
Speaker 2: You'd love him.
Speaker 5: He's way close to where you are on the observation of politics now and everything. So really, yeah, sounds pretty cool. I'd be willing to give it a try. We'll do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't think he's still you know, the hyper confident bulldozer O'Reilly.
Speaker 2: I like Bill by the way.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed talking to him because I'm a genial and welcoming fellow.
Speaker 2: But I'm not talking to anybody who doesn't let me speak anybody.
Speaker 4: I hate that. But I think he's calmed with age, lower t or something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. He's pretty old, isn't he all? Very Yeah? Yeah, i'd and old.
Speaker 5: So we'll try him out maybe in the next And I, like I said to our boss, I said, that'd be great have him on once a week as we lead up to the election. That'd be fantastic. I always liked his insights. I watched him every night. I mean that was as regular as part of my daily news intake as anything for like twenty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, it was great back in the day. Talking Points says body language segment.
Speaker 5: We've got We've got more on the ways, stay here.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Yetti.
Speaker 7: This is a Nintendo soundclock, Alarmo. Let's see what it's like to wake up with alarmo. Oh do you hear that the alarm is going off? But Alarmo doesn't just play music to start your day, that's right, It responds to your body's movement with game sounds.
Speaker 2: All right, Alarmo is the worst name for a product I've ever heard. Is that a parody? I can't tell? Is that really respond to my body's movements with game sounds? For real? Is that gratifying some way? Or does that want to get off? I don't know.
Speaker 5: If you're a kid in your into video games and hearing those sounds sounds as it sounds as enjoyable or not, then the whatever other sound your alarm clocks making. I've had one most of my life. That was I don't know why I felt like I needed to be punished first thing in the morning.
Speaker 1: I don't know, can we can we talk about the name, sir, the concept I just don't really like alarmo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I feel like we didn't spend a lot of time on that. Timing is everything in life. It's a common saying for lots of different things, meeting mister or missus wright, or certainly buying a house, or or lots of other things. I was just thinking of Garth Brooks and what's going on in his life. This might be a major moment for where we're going to settle as a culture on the whole.
Speaker 2: Me too thing.
Speaker 5: But if this were going on, if that accuser had come out at the height of me Too, all of his mus would already be pulled off of every radio station in the country, concerts would be canceled, and any other thing else that you could do to Garth Brooks would have already happened, true, don't you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, it's like the height of the George Floyd madness. You dared not stand up against the neo Marxists, or you're done if you don't know the story.
Speaker 2: He did anyway, by the way, But yeah.
Speaker 5: More or less the kind of typical sort of story hairdresser for him. That was actually his wife, Tricia Yearwood's hairdresser, and then she started doing Garth stuff. And now she's claiming Garth was doing all kinds of horrible things that some guys do, and some famous guys that I never thought would do that have done. And so you never really know a celebrity. Although it seems unlikely to me that Garth Brooks at age fifty nine now whatever, he has started living this sort of lifestyle and got away with it all these years.
Speaker 2: But he's pushing back pretty hard.
Speaker 5: They put out the woman's name yesterday in a court filing for depends on.
Speaker 2: Who you ask why. Some belief that it was the pushback of it.
Speaker 5: You don't get to be anonymous and make all these kind of claims and get away with it. And I don't know, I don't know, but like I said, this might be a we're gonna We went with always believe women, So anything the woman said always you just believed it one hundred percent culturally anyway, and destroyed many many people's careers, even if it turned out later to not be anything. And then we've come back closer to sanity, and then maybe we've gone too far.
Speaker 2: I don't know that this woman should be named.
Speaker 5: Is that's gonna stop a lot of people from coming forward against anybody famous if you know your name is gonna come out.
Speaker 1: Right, because there is a history of victims being ruined, harassed, terrorized by the power, right.
Speaker 5: So I don't know if I dig that or not, but I think this might you know, this might be one of those things that gets Garth is very strongly denying it and going to fight really really hard.
Speaker 1: Well, and he's been extremely frank about the fact that this is an extortion attempt. She's been telling me to write giant checks now for for a long time, Yeah, threatening me if I don't pay her off.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And he came out with this story last week. That seems to be the way to handle it. If you get extorted. Remember Letterman did it many years ago. Came out that night on the show. Look I'm being extorted, that she didn't know my wife. But I'm not going to be extorted. Here's what's going on. And that helped him a lot. Yeah, And that that and the and the story is going to come out anyways, he might as well get ahead of it. Also helps it helps you look more innocent, right.
Speaker 1: I would agree, Yeah, yeah. This is one of those examples of where your lawyer might tell you in a loyally way not to approach it in a certain way, but you have to.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: But if this had happened a few years ago, at the height of Me Too, Garth would be ruined. If you could ruin Garth books, I don't think you could ruin Garth Brooks, but his uh, he would have. He would have had no more cachet. He probably he might might not have ever been played on country music ever again on country radio if this had happened during Me Too, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: Ron DeSantis is showing his metal down in Florida.
Speaker 2: We'll have some audio from him. Stay with us, arm Strong and Getty.
Speaker 8: We've got fifty thousand linemen staged ready for rapid power restoration. We also have a full mobilization of the Florida National Guard, as well as receiving a lot of assets from other states. Everything we've asked for, we've gotten. I've been working constructively with President Biden. We're working, We've marshalled all state agencies, and we're working very constructively with our local partners. We know what we're doing here in Florida. We prepare for it. Floridians can rest assured you're gonna have a very robust response.
Speaker 2: We've been ramping up for this.
Speaker 8: We know there's a lot more ahead of us, but rest assured, we have not left anything on the floor. We're going out with everything we've got to make sure people are safe.
Speaker 5: You know what strikes me there, It's the same feeling I had when we were at the convention and DeSantis spoke. He sounds better there than he ever did while he was running for president.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know why that is. Yeah, it's frustrating. I know.
Speaker 1: Charlie Cook at the National Reviews, one of my faves, said, if he just run like he ran for governor of Florida, well, you know, the Trump phenomenon is the Trump phenomenon. But yeah, it is a little frustrating if you're a fan of Disantus, and I am. He's just an incredibly competent guy. Hurricane Milton did, in fact hit Florida, not as disastrous as it could have been in the Tampa area, missed a little to the south in the horrific storm surge that was predicted for the Tampa area didn't materialize fully. I mean, it's unbelievable damage. There are three point two million people without power right now, one hundred and twenty tornadoes in Florida, quite a few dead.
Speaker 2: The reckoning has just begun.
Speaker 1: But I was absolutely struck by the interview he did with Ronda Santus did with Brett Bher last night. This is what leadership sounds like, and it's lacked in recent politics in my mind. Let's go ahead with forty Michael.
Speaker 4: What's your biggest concern at this hour?
Speaker 8: Well, we want people to be safe. We've had a massive evacuation. Most people heeded those calls. When you start talking about ten to fifteen feet of storm serves, that's just mother nature.
Speaker 2: You're not going to win that. But we are prepared.
Speaker 8: We have the largest National Guard mobilization in the history of the state to respond for search and rescue. We also have our county and local first responders so that effort will be robust should it be necessary. We've also staged over fifty thousand utility workers, so they are in the state of Florida. They've been brought from all over the country and so as soon as this storm passes. They are going to be a beginning power restoration. We did a very quick restoration after Helen two point four million. We're likely to have more power outages on this one. This storm is likely going to arrive quicker than what we were advised a day ago, probably between eight and nine o'clock yesterday was maybe one. It is going to cut across the state of Florida. So I would just tell Faridians obviously on that west coast, that's been the focus, but this is going to have impacts broader than that. We've already seen a rash of tornadoes that have spun off.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good on that, Michel. Let's just talking about the weather. I'm reminded of JD. Vance's piece in the Wall Street Journal the other day entitled Biden Harris mismanaged Hurricane Helene.
Speaker 2: And on its.
Speaker 1: Face, you know, you could say, well, that's just politics as usual, but he got into the incredibly the incredible delays, the foot dragging, the bureaucratic nonsense that prevented aid from getting to where it was needed in North Carolina, and part of that's on the state.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Although there's no denying the hurricane the damage inland snuck up on most people.
Speaker 2: But the point jd Vance makes in his peace is that.
Speaker 1: With Kamala on the campaign trail and Joe Biden on the beach, they weren't making the calls to the Pentagon, to the governors, to the agencies saying you've got to the end of the day. I don't want to hear any excuses. They were not cutting through the red tape. That is inevitable in a big government. And I think he's right. And Ron DeSantis is such a contrast.
Speaker 7: So is it.
Speaker 5: We've had this conversation ten times, But is there any pushback to the idea that if DeSantis was the nominee he'd be winning by ten points?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I don't think something either.
Speaker 1: I think he'd win in the landslide. He'd obliterate Kamala hers I think so too.
Speaker 2: Or Biden.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's impossible to know. You have to go through it. That's why they play the games, as they say. But a couple of more I like this. This is some more classic Ronde Santa's forty two.
Speaker 8: There are some people who did not want to evacuate because they were worried about the security of their property. We're a law in or state. We will hold looters accountable. You're not going to want to mess with this. We've brought in massive numbers of law enforcement officers from out of state to supplement our local municipal and county sheriff's departments, and they are going to be present and people are not going to get away with messing with anyone's property. I also in my executive order for this one over the weekend, I said you have a right to return to your property. We've had issues with local governments saying, oh, you can't go back to your house until we say so. No, you have a right to go back if there's some major hazard, like a bridge is not safe for something. That's one thing.
Speaker 2: But we're going to get people back to.
Speaker 8: Their homes and so the folks that are concerned about their property who did evacuate, just know we're going to have law enforcement there. We are not going to let the inmates run the asylum on the heels of this storm, and you will be able to go back to your property and inspected as soon as possible.
Speaker 5: Obviously, the stuff about the looters is great, but I like that other thing, because I've known people in California. You bug out because there's going to be a fire, Okay, fires over in the local whoever doesn't let you go.
Speaker 1: Back right right out of an excess of caution. That's the thing, And that's the part of that clip that I liked so much. If you have law in order, you can have more liberty, if you have trust in people to behave responsibly and not this paternalistic you know, it's that weird permissive paternalism that the left has where they want punish wrongdoing, but they will punish honest citizens because they have you under their control. It makes me insane. Final note on this, the whole Kamala phone call thing. Do you want to set this up, Jack or is that hole back and forth?
Speaker 5: Well, the crux of it is Kamala Harris wanting to get involved in the hurricane because she's running for president, and the SENTI is making the point that why do I need to talk to you?
Speaker 4: You've never called for any other hurricane.
Speaker 1: On yes, she called him and then accused him of not picking up thereby not caring for the people.
Speaker 5: Of Florida and him not wanting to talk to her. Politicizing the hurricane. Where he's saying, who's politicizing hurricane You never called.
Speaker 2: For any of the other hurricanes. Well in forty four here Michael Brettbaar asks him about that.
Speaker 4: I heard what you said about Vice President Harris and the phone call.
Speaker 2: Did she ever get through you know, Brett?
Speaker 8: Like I said, my job is to marshal resources and work with everybody to have an effective response. And she thinks it should be about her. If I honestly thought that there was something to be gained, I would pick up the phone and call her. The fact of the matter is she has no role in this process. She's not part of the chain of command. I am working with President Biden and FEMA and our state and local partners, and we're getting the job done. She has never been interested in any of the storms we've had in the state of Florida for entire time as Vice president. Now she's out there attacking me because I'm not catering to her whims. All she's trying to do is inject herself to be a part part of her political campaign. I don't have time for political games. We've got a job to do. We got people's lives. On the line, and that is our sole focus.
Speaker 5: I don't know the term catering to your whims.
Speaker 2: He's catering.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, I thought it was a fancy term I should learn. Yeah, I mean it goes. I can look at both ways. I mean, it wouldn't kill him to pick up the phone. I'm sure he's very busy, but talking to her for a few minutes what he's trying to avoid.
Speaker 4: Also, I mean he's right on the merits that she.
Speaker 5: Never called before because vice presidents don't call governors when a hurricane comes.
Speaker 4: That's not a thing.
Speaker 5: So she's calling now because there's a when you when you run for president or vice president, they have to all of a sudden include you in everything and act like you're more important than you are.
Speaker 2: So that's what she's doing.
Speaker 5: He doesn't want to have the Chris Christie Obama hug moment that doomed Chris Christie when when Chris Christy as governor of New Jersey and they had a hurricane got caught hug and Obama and then one to run for president, and that got hung around his neck and ads over and over again.
Speaker 4: So DeSantis doesn't want anything that smells like that.
Speaker 1: Well, right, And plus, given her utter lack of any concern for the people of Florida every other storm, he's not going to give her the legitimacy the platform of taking her call so she can help. What a crack because she would have been out later that day.
Speaker 5: I just spoke to Governor DeSantis of Florida and we are marshaling and blah blah blah, and then she gets to sound like she's leading in charge and blah.
Speaker 2: Blah in command.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly so well, and as he said, if she could do us a lick of good, yeah, I'd pick up the phone.
Speaker 2: But she can't. So why would I bother. She's not in the chain of command in any way.
Speaker 1: Right, right, What a ridiculous exercise.
Speaker 2: She's a ridiculous person.
Speaker 7: You know, we have aspirations, we have dreams, you're right about that.
Speaker 5: So OURFK Junior's mom has died Ethel Kennedy. If you're into the whole Camelot Kennedy thing, that because she was the wife of obviously RFK Senior who was assassinated and blah blah blah, that whole story. But so RFK Junior's mom died before she had a chance to see him elected president, but luckily lived long enough to see him hid a dead bear in Central Park.
Speaker 2: So there's two ways to look at it.
Speaker 1: Right, right, I'm sure she's proud of him either way, looking down from heaven Ethel Kennedy was ninety six.
Speaker 2: Okay, more on the way.
Speaker 5: So here's something I didn't know. For something, we did know that Iran uh was trying to kill Trump. They had an assassination plot that was foiled.
Speaker 2: Hold on, gonna sneeze. Probably COVID. Oh, there's probably COVID.
Speaker 5: I just found out a friend of mine who had bad long COVID from back in the day, got COVID again recently. I don't know what COVID do anything to you if you had. Of course, the modern versions are so much a different than the original version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, true, they are thinking though it increases the risk of heart attack because it thickens up your blood, makes it more sticky in the parlance of cardiologists.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's no way this was not created in a lab. I mean the things that it does. I was talking to somebody the other day, who what is their whole thing? Something that smells like onions all the time, their smell and taste got all messed up, and the way I can't taste sweet anymore, you know, in the various things, that's no normal disease, no powerful neurological effects from.
Speaker 2: A respiratory illness. Please a nice job, doctor Fauci.
Speaker 1: If you need a function gained man, go with Fauci's Woohan House of virus alteration.
Speaker 2: Anyway, That's not what I was going to talk about. I was going to talk about Iran.
Speaker 5: So we know that Iran had a plot to try to kill a president Trump. They had a plot to try to assassinate Bolton Old what's his name, Bolton John Bolton, and the current administration has said almost nothing about that. That came up on the Sunday talk shows. Hey, how about the president or the vice president call out Iran for wanting to assassinate a former president. I mean, that would be a full on act of war. You couldn't consider it an act of war that they have a plot, let alone that the fact that they pulled it off anyway, and also the intelligence community, this has been reported over and over again. The intelligence community believes that Iran prefers a Harris victory to a Trump Win, Well, why might be in the extended version of sixty minutes.
Speaker 4: I didn't watch it.
Speaker 5: At the end of sixty minutes the other night when Kamala Harris was on there, they said for more go to the extended BLUBB and I thought, you know, I should watch it. There might be some good stuff there, but I got distracted and get around to it.
Speaker 4: Well, the dispatch has some of it.
Speaker 5: When CBS News is Bill Whittaker asked Vice President Kamala Harris which country she believed to be America's greatest foreign adversary, she said, Ran. I think I said that the other day too. I think they're our biggest admosphere. I think there's an obvious one in mind, which is a Ran. She replied. Iran has American blood on their hands, but when asked whether she would take military action if there was proof Iran was building a nuclear weapon, she said, I'm not going to talk about hypotheticals at this moment.
Speaker 4: If we had.
Speaker 5: Proof that they were building a nuclear weapon as the number one adversary, you just said it yourself to the United States.
Speaker 4: I don't want to talk about hypotheticals. That's freaking weak.
Speaker 1: It's certainly a change from we will do whatever it takes to prevent that.
Speaker 5: Well, that's been the stated policy over three or four different administrations, Republican and Democrat, sure, including Joe Biden and Barack Obama.
Speaker 2: And she says that's a hypothetical. I won't get it in h.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a little sympathy just because they don't want to be specific. But you've got to make a statement of strength.
Speaker 5: You don't at least say Iran is not getting a nuclear weapon?
Speaker 2: Well would you do?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not going to get into that, but Iran is not getting a nuclear weapon. You won't even say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, she's incompetent, and having learned at the knee of the Great equivocator, Biden's probably not inclined to do anything either.
Speaker 2: God help us.
Speaker 1: So on a completely different topic, because I'd really like to get into some Lebanon stuff, speaking of the Middle East and that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: But we have no time.
Speaker 1: The point, I'll give you the five second version. They will never have stability because it's all about their ethnic groups, it's all about their sect and that's what Progressive America is trying to turn us into. Just a bunch of different ethnicities who hate each other. I like sex ah sects, I'm afraid. So we congratulated the high school in New Hampshire earlier for the girls soccer team refusing to play a local rival high school that has a dude on their soccer team because it's a dude in girls sports and they're not going to do that. And the players and the moms and the dad said, that's enough. We're not participating in this madness anymore. And I appreciate that you got four colleges in a row refusing to play San Jose State because they've got a dude on their women's volleyball team, even though it's a women's volleyball team.
Speaker 2: Very odd.
Speaker 1: And Riley Gaines in her organization, the great swimmer who protested against the Leah Thomas madness, out with this brand new ad.
Speaker 2: It is terrific.
Speaker 4: Dear Nike, Nike, Dear.
Speaker 2: Nike, why won't you stand up for me?
Speaker 7: Why won't you stand up for me?
Speaker 2: Why do you claim to support women and girls? Yeah? What we need you most, you remain silent.
Speaker 7: Today males are claiming our identity, our sports, our spaces.
Speaker 2: Men and boys are stealing opportunities, medals, trophies, and our future. It is not there or just. In fact, it's often dangerous. Yet you refuse to use your platform to stand up.
Speaker 4: You say you're for social justice and progress.
Speaker 2: So why do you allow men's rights to come before arms? See?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 4: With a big platform comes an even bigger responsibility.
Speaker 2: You have a chance to do the right thing, not just do the easy thing. So we're asking you, Nike, as the biggest voice in all of sports, will you stand up for me? Will you stand up for me? Will you stand up for me? Will you stand up for me? Will you? Will you?
Speaker 5: Will you?
Speaker 8: Just do it?
Speaker 2: Go get them girls? Really good. I hope that gets lots of play. I do too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, zap it around? Do we have that post at an armstrong in getty dot com. I retweeted it if you follow us on Twitter.
Speaker 5: I wish Elon would buy a flight of that and put it everywhere, put it in the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I think I retweeted his tweet of it. Come to think of it.
Speaker 5: Oh, really, he's on it, Okay, I don't think so. He has two hundred million followers on Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it's about the same as us.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 1: Oh, we read hosted Riley Gaines tweet of it doing our best though, that is really fantaslon Bee that you reposted from a genius. Kamala Harris announced his plan to tell Hurricane Milton don't just don't.
Speaker 2: That's beautiful. I know, I know that is funny.
Speaker 5: That night that shot at Nike in this came up earlier the whole because Joe and I are staunch corporations should shut up about politics. People, Yeah, just shut up about politics, corporations. But when they've been as out and proud as they've been the other direction for so long, and they probably will continue to be, and then you ought to have to respond to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not only are they weak on confused men trampling women's rights, they're encouraging They've been encouraging it right. And as I've said before, as a longtime coach of both boys and girls' sports, the speed and violence of boys sports is so different. I don't care if the boy puts on a skirt or has been taking hormones for a little bit.
Speaker 5: It's outrageous. So we do four hours every day. If you miss one hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Subscribe armstrong and Getty