Speaker 1: I answered the questions that you're supposed to answer for this show this time.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right, I did my I did my homework. Can you believe it?
Speaker 3: The fuck? I no, get off on approval, sign out. I don't want this money on this show. We gotta at least at least smoke a blunt or something right now and just level it out like nope.
Speaker 1: Gotta be ready for my other podcast meeting later. Fuck Molly, I know I'm a working guy working trying to make.
Speaker 3: Me look bad. You're trying to make me feel.
Speaker 1: Bad on top of shit again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, all right.
Speaker 2: I like that podcasting is big business and you gotta stay on your toes. Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three forty one, Episode five of production of iHeartRadio's a podcast where we take a deep dive into America share consciousness. And it is Friday, June seventh, twenty twenty four. It's one of them Countain dates six, seven, what's next?
Speaker 3: Eight? Oh, no, twenty four? And well, what's going on? I was, Oh, sorry, I just it's just a lot going on. Man's success and just thinking about that. It's also National Chocolate ice Cream Day, World Caring Day, National Oklahoma Day, National Donut Day. Hey, it shout out to my real ones, the media ogs, because it's national fucking VCR Day. Okay, the fucking VCRs out. Get your Lamborghini shaped tape rewinder machine out.
Speaker 2: Your vc goes out, because that's when our brainstorm.
Speaker 3: Thank you the VCR.
Speaker 2: The fact that you could like see all the like little parts in there, and like how complicated it looked like it was really looked like a terminator with like an exposed terminator in there, just all the different gears and levers and things that we're working in there. I was always impressed by that and also intimidated. I was like, I'm not never gonna fuck with one of these, you know, until I got a mat, and then I started taking all apart and put her there you go, when I found my true calling.
Speaker 3: There you go. My name's Jack O'Brien, AKA, I've got plastic in my balls.
Speaker 2: My dick doesn't work the way that some say it used too.
Speaker 3: I could probably.
Speaker 2: Drink a lot less soda or nothing at all, but you can't take my Baja blast. That's courtesy a scouty on the discord.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Everybody's got plastic all over all up in them from the microplastics.
Speaker 3: MM actually don't.
Speaker 2: Know, because the microplastics shit hit around the same time that the three M story hit. Are the three M forever chemicals? Microplastics? Do we know?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I actually don't know.
Speaker 3: We just talked about it.
Speaker 2: Why why would we know, Miles, We only host a yeah, daily news podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh say, they definitely show up together. It's okay, got it? Yeah, well whatever, look thrilled.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles Gray.
Speaker 3: It's Miles Gray. AKA, let's see wait, where was it? It's been six we still Halloween. Gen Z really plans for early parties Pumpkin before the fourth of July. This makes no sense, Marseille that you're sorry. That's also from Scouty. That's a that's a cad the on air. Yeah, yeah, there's another one I could have not hit. There was a waterfalls one, but all that to say six points, that's what I did.
Speaker 2: I did the waterfalls one.
Speaker 3: Was it not clear? Oh no, no, no, no, it was. I think it's because it was added I was added in it. I was like there's no there must be a different one. Oh shit it but that was for you. That's fine. You want other guys. You don't want another guys, my mad scouty, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I missed that you had made that, that that was bespoke for Miles, as I'm the one with ed Man.
Speaker 3: You're forgetting the lord of the show.
Speaker 2: I thought there was a reference to our declining uh sperm count across.
Speaker 3: The world, and that's the balls working man. But also shout out to everybody, because look the food and wine article. I refreshed it today, they still haven't fucking changed it. I d m the author of the piece three times now with no response.
Speaker 2: Author of the piece doesn't even remember that they wrote that.
Speaker 3: Like, that's where we're at right now. That's probably it.
Speaker 2: We're in the quote en quote world of modern no copy editor journalism where they're like, yeah, you're just gonna be humiliated truly as a writer, truly truly anyways, speaking of as a writer, we're thrilled to be joined by a brilliant, liented writer and podcaster who's written for publications like The New York Towns, The New York or The New York review of books. Gq Uh, Everybody's in La one of my favorite shows of the past. I don't know how long Ship affected me. I now drive around La listening to Wang chungs to Live and Die in l A. Just imagine I'm in the intro to the show. Co host of the legendary podcast Girls and Hoodies and Night Call writer, creator, host of the legendary podcast Heidi World, The Heidi Fly Story, and soon to be writer, creator and host of another legendary podcast. Please welcome back to the show.
Speaker 3: Molly way a bye, they go, what's verbody? What's up? Everybody?
Speaker 2: You said that in the kind of in the rhythm of an airhorn.
Speaker 3: It was like, my song is made.
Speaker 1: That's that's not me. Espresso. Hey guys, everybody welcome me. It is that me, es espresso.
Speaker 3: What's up my voice? That me?
Speaker 1: That's that me? Espresso?
Speaker 3: Are you off that espresso right now?
Speaker 1: I am off a little pure leaf unsweetened iced tea. That's that me, pure leaf unsweetened ice tea.
Speaker 3: That's not me.
Speaker 1: I just like saying, that's that me.
Speaker 3: That's that that's not me. That's fun. I like that is that that's somebody's catch phrase?
Speaker 1: Have you not heard Espresso by Sabrina Carpenter Song of the Summer? No, No, oh my god, Jack.
Speaker 2: Molly, I hear the song of the Summer so many years after the summer is over.
Speaker 1: Jack, you got it? That's that me, Espresso. If you want to be you gotta hear it.
Speaker 3: How do hold on?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I got it? Now, I gotta make sure we're bumping this. Hold on, let's see.
Speaker 2: Super guests and says song of the Summer you definitely have.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's truly inescapable.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're hearing it right now. Okay, I have heard this?
Speaker 1: Is that me?
Speaker 3: Ess?
Speaker 2: It sounds like a collaboration between Dua Lipa and a.
Speaker 3: Jack switch it up like Nintendo. That's you. Yeah, this is good. This is good. This is given like Nile Rogers two vibes. It's giving.
Speaker 1: People keep saying it's giving city pop too, which I agree a little bit.
Speaker 3: It's funny though, because like you, people don't like you have to think of like the cause and effect of all these genres too, Like city pop is Japanese pop trying to do what was happening in America R and B style, which is anyway. But yes, city pop. This is me being let me, let me put my tiny Fisherman's beaniet on me. Yeah, you think that's city pop? Wow? And that's where I need to check my fellow Japanese people. You know, we didn't create this. I mean, we created this sound, but sure, what were we trying to do? It's really no.
Speaker 1: It is true though. It's like the Billie Eilish album too. It's like sounds like Japanese music, sounding like nineteen eighties American music, right right right by Americans.
Speaker 2: Right Americans, Thank you, thank you. That's what I'm talking about. Bring it back, Molly. We're gonna get to know you a little bit better.
Speaker 3: In a moment.
Speaker 2: You're gonna make me feel uncool in so many ways that's not me, especially by just making casual reference to things that I have to frantically google.
Speaker 3: That's that's yuh.
Speaker 2: But before we get to that, a couple of things we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: We're gonna talk about the idea of banning ads from the fossil fuel industry, which is seems wild that it hasn't happened. We will talk about McDonald's attempt to protect the phrase big Mac. They keep being like your suit because you said big something that rhymes with mac and it keeps backfiring on them in ways that is enjoyable.
Speaker 3: All of that.
Speaker 2: Plenty more, But first, Molly, we do like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history? All right?
Speaker 1: Guess who did their research? And isn't going to just be like, oh, hold on, I can't last night?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, you wrote me down and everything I looked up last night. I looked up the song tonight Tonight Tonight by the Phil Collins lead singer Era A Genesis because I was hyper fixating on Phil Collins Eer A Genesis and I remembered it being a crazy song and it is a crazy song. And then I found out it was used in a nineteen eighty six Michelobe commercial. And then I found out that there's a brand new song interpolating it that's in Bad Boys for a Ride or Die. Oh, and it is a cover, like an interpolation cover of this song by the Black Eyed Piece with Becky G Becky G and l Alpha Uh. And then I watched the Michelobe commercial after and it rocked.
Speaker 3: Wait, how does what's tonight tonight tonight? I'm not on.
Speaker 1: Tonight, tonight tonight, No this song? Please look up the Black Eyed Peas One?
Speaker 4: Nice?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, put on now now, put on the Bad Boys for Black Eyed Peas One?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 1: Was it called just look it up? Black Eyed Peas?
Speaker 2: Is there a relationship between the Genesis one and the Black Eyed Peas One?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It's literally an interpolation of that song.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it? Nah?
Speaker 2: No, yeah, Okay, that sucks.
Speaker 3: But I feel like I'm having a panic attack at a nightclub where everyone's wearing all white when I hear that song. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what Bad Boys for. Is gonna be like Ride or that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Miami Cocaine freakouts. Yeah, I don't need that. I don't need that. I lived it.
Speaker 2: Phil Collins was like weirdly involved in Miami Vice, right, Like he was in it, like he was a character in Miami Vice, like and was involved in the soundtrack and all that shit, the original TV show.
Speaker 3: What Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just thinking about how how weird it is that Genesis was like such a big eighties coke band, because before that they were like a weird prog band.
Speaker 3: All right, I've just refreshed my white music history here. Peter Gabriel was also in Genesis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were all in Genesis. Phil Collins was the drummer. Then Peter Gabriel Leftico solo. Phil Collins took over as the lead singer, and then they had like a whole MTV era of Genesis where these three really unphotogenic guys were just like yeah, these music videos.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you would do big budget music videos when you like, depending on how I'm photogenic, you are like you, Yeah, I feel like I remember like high concept right, And.
Speaker 1: There's like a crazy Michelobe commercial that I was watching that's Scott Tonight Tonight Tonight, and it's like people going out drinking Mikelobe and then it keeps cutting back to Genesis and all.
Speaker 2: Kind of like a it's not a song that I would associate with like going out having a good time.
Speaker 1: We guys, look up the do you look up the Michelobe commercial? Look up Genesis Mikelobe commercial, because it is like, it's very it's very everybody's in la. Actually. I was like, man, this is like the Vibe.
Speaker 3: Dude, It's a one minute long, fucking they got a sixty second spot to this shit.
Speaker 2: Okay, it was a Super Bowl commercial and they had to pay fifteen thousand dollars for Wow.
Speaker 3: God, that's what I was doing last night, guys, so long as to make a wow that is, I'm like so confused what that commercial even is? Like are they Was it about one couple? Was it about a man who's a serial killer who's murdering all these.
Speaker 1: That's part of why I was looking up the song is because I was like, is this song about murdering people? It feels like there's a bunch of Phil Collins songs where he's like a hit man or like about somebody right right, including in the Air Tonight. People think it's like murder yeah, but this one, it turns out it is about doing heroin, which makes it even clingier that it's like in this color heroin. I think it's like a story song from the point of view of like a guy who's gonna it's like under the bridge. It's like I'm gonna go out and do some heroin. But it's like crazy for it to be like a party rock anthem.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, it really doesn't feel feels like kind of grim.
Speaker 1: It's such a grim it's a grim song anyway. This was my journey last night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, holy shit.
Speaker 1: The comments the comment section on YouTube also incredible, people being like, man, this commercial favor man.
Speaker 3: The eighties rocked, simply the best high school in college and all those parties, yeah, doing at nights in NYC and all those parties. Yeah, you did not go to a single fucking party full.
Speaker 1: That whole commercial was shot in Los Angeles. So I love the people we are like makes me reminds me of New York day yeah right, no oh yeah, downtown Los Angeles reminds you of New York City.
Speaker 3: Me too. Damn everything was epic back in the eighties. If I knew what the music in TV slash Hollywood would succumb to, I would have slowed my life down. Some we had it made back then. I guess we were having too much fun to notice.
Speaker 2: Damn that person has the ability to a like slow time down, that's fucking cool.
Speaker 3: Good for them.
Speaker 2: I would have slowed things down on a point five speed.
Speaker 1: YouTube comments on music videos are like the last period wholesome plant.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: There was always one guy who's like, I'm fifteen, but I love this music, right yeah.
Speaker 3: Or I love when like it's an old music video and someone's like who else is watching in twenty twenty four and people like immediately like get in there. Yeah.
Speaker 1: People tell crazy stories, are like this was my first love's favorite song. She died in a boat accident.
Speaker 3: Like right, it's such a or to be like interesting story about Phil Collins. My uncle used to be his drum tech, really nice guy, but fired him because my uncle was doing too much cocaine. It was probably his fault, but he sort of had impulse control. And then it's like a five paragraph thing and you're like, oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Justis is just like that version of Genesis so thoroughly drenched in the eighties and like just such a perfect like embodiment of that moment and like that video that that commercial like pers of all michelob being like the beer.
Speaker 3: Dude with those of lamp bottles.
Speaker 2: Every Yeah, it really feels like everything coming together. And then like the nineties happened and they were like so corny, like.
Speaker 1: The like week nineties were like, well that's a fine song too. Yeah, I'm just like obsessed. I can't danced. I just am obsessed with kind of that era of like super expensive studio production. Yeah right, you know, and and of these bands that were like weird British prog rock bands being like, oh shit, we got a billion dollar snare sound now, okay.
Speaker 3: Well with that right right? Yeah? Yeah. Sonically, I think Genesis definitely has a thing where it's like you're hearing every instrument and sound patch that people were using, like just across their albums. You're like, no, that was the sonic palette of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I'm kind of I'm just like in a Phil Collins hyperfixation thinking about Phil Collins getting might write something about this, but thinking about kind of like loser rock like music about music where the main guys kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who is the king of that for you?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Billy Joel?
Speaker 3: Thank you. I was just gonna say Billy Joel.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And that's the reason that he's like not like he's just held in a different part his mind then like cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a rock star who's not cool. It's like a guy who's like a rock star, but you're like, this guy's like a loser and his songs are about being a loser.
Speaker 3: I'm really.
Speaker 2: Sitting at home and jacking off. That's one of Billy Joel's songs is like you just sit at home and master like Billy Joe.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of cool like me, you guys know my favorite Billy Joel. On fact, what's that piano man is about Koreatown?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: He was playing a he was a he was playing a bar in Korea, playing a bar in Koreatown. Doesn't that change?
Speaker 3: La?
Speaker 1: Yes? In La. And it was called the Executive Room. It wasn't Koreatown yet, it was mid city. It was like shitty like office job guys going to a bar after work and that's the bar real estate. Yes, but you just like you assume that song is about like Long Island because island or.
Speaker 2: I just pictured I always pictured the bar from Cheers for some reason, right, but a picture of the.
Speaker 1: Bar from Cheers. But it's in Koreatown. And that's every time in my head, I'm like, single, it's a song, It's Korea Town sing us a song tonight. But he was like a gigging piano man in La trying to be like a session guy. And then he would like work nights at this bar in Koreatown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, see, always coming with the lore. I was actually there that night.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you were there?
Speaker 3: You were That.
Speaker 1: Would be funny we were like watching the Michelo commercial and like Jack walks by, what the.
Speaker 3: Old are here?
Speaker 1: How are you? That's why you don't know this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you look full grown in this commercial.
Speaker 1: You got kind of an eighties look to you, just just saying.
Speaker 2: Oh man, if I get like the I was. I was really blown away by his hairstyle, Like he just says the big like mullet, but it's like kind of feathered in the back and then like kind of receding up Tophi Colins. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, I'm gonna just bring a picture of that the next time. But yeah, that's what what animal does Phil Collins remind you of?
Speaker 1: Like a lemur?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, koala bear. It really gives me kuala vibes for some reason.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, uh, this is.
Speaker 1: A Phil Collins hour or like or like to the Collins hour now with no he looks like a turtle?
Speaker 3: Is he bald now?
Speaker 2: Fully bald?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: He I mean you knew what it was. He had this smiegel mullet back then. It's like he was he was gonna recover turn this shit around one point, like he.
Speaker 2: Was fully on the right drugs and in the right places for that that moment in the eighties. Yeah, like the fact that they were just like I guess you should be in Miami vice man.
Speaker 1: Man singing all these songs about how every night is the worst night of your life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and do some overrated under it.
Speaker 3: And we're back.
Speaker 2: And Molly Lambert, we do like to ask our guests, what is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 1: All right? Came up with an answer that's not food this time, which I've never done before.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, underrated got up and left.
Speaker 1: Jack got up and left because I offended him too much.
Speaker 3: He heard no food takes.
Speaker 2: Food is even happening?
Speaker 3: Okay, what is it?
Speaker 2: What are we even doing here?
Speaker 1: Underrated? Secondary colors?
Speaker 2: Okay, second purple, educate me?
Speaker 1: Green, orange, overrated? The primary colors red, yellow, blue.
Speaker 3: There you go. I didn't even know how the fun does that shit even break down?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What are the right colors are the ones you can't break down into other colors? Secondary colors are the ones you get from combining primary colors.
Speaker 3: Oh, that makes sense. I have magnetiles currently that I look through all the time. I'm trying to show my baby. I'm like, look, look at the green and yellow. Dude, that's blue right there. Green and yellow isn't blue?
Speaker 2: Miles your way off left, man, Bro.
Speaker 1: You can't make it blue's primary color primary?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, blue and yellow is green? That is about to be fucking embarrassed at preschool.
Speaker 2: Shit, but like that, Yeah, primary and secondary colors take up such a big part of my brain, just like really the first Yeah, it's just like one of the first things I learned.
Speaker 3: So I just feel like, clearly not me, Bro, I didn't learn no, goddamn.
Speaker 1: I was just like red, yellow and blue get all the shine. Yeah, purple, green and orange doing a lot of lifting behind them. Yeah, especially green, probably my favorite color.
Speaker 3: Green. I'm really coming around the green, I gotta tell you, I'm really coming around the green with it. Yeah, you should think it was like a weird, nerdy ass color. Like you know, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Colors, what colors make up? Green?
Speaker 3: Miles, yellow, and blue? Hey, look at this.
Speaker 2: Green, And I'm a big big orange freak.
Speaker 3: Yeah that one too. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, I get orange.
Speaker 1: I think about it, think about it, think about it. Red, Yeah, Wow.
Speaker 3: Bang, I make purple, blue and red.
Speaker 1: You're getting that.
Speaker 3: I remember that one because I remember fucking with my crayons and put them together, Like, yea, what the fuck is going on right here? When I put this the blue one.
Speaker 1: I'm also like, I'm pretty bad at color theory. Actually, in my brief painting era, I could not figure out how the colors go together at all.
Speaker 3: So just you know I have I got a fucking image bookmarked on my browser. When I'm trying to figure out, like how to coordinate an outfit, I'm like, yeah, what the fuck does Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, this makes sense.
Speaker 2: It feels like there should be more secondary colors. To me, my brain has always thought it was weird that you can't combine to make that there's only more. There's three primary and then three secondary, but you're combining, you know anybody else?
Speaker 3: No, look, Jack, I'm make a new color make I'm illiterate when it comes to color, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: The thing that really fucked me up, because this is such a foundational part of my brain, is that my kids came home from kindergarten where like, red's not a primary color. Actually it's magenta. Magenta is the one that you can't make.
Speaker 1: And what are they learning to make television?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have like changed how they teach it, which is weird because it's like, wait, if if you're just worrying with like paints, like magenta, feels like the thing you can make with red and white, a little bit bit of blue.
Speaker 3: Yeah wait, I don't, man, Look, I'm I'm so lost. I don't even need to don't. I'm like about it.
Speaker 1: It's just fun to think about colors, guys, I'm just thinking about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 1: The primary that was kind of be in there is overrated? Primary?
Speaker 3: Primary?
Speaker 1: All right, red, yellow, blue, especially like for little kids and stuff. I feel like they're like, you guys are too stupid to understand secondary colors. Here's a bunch of primary colors for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, for sure.
Speaker 3: Wait what's the RGB scale like for projecting video and things like that. That's why I was.
Speaker 1: That's what I was saying. Maybe they're teaching your kids to make television because it's different with.
Speaker 3: Light, right right right? Yeah, Because like in my weird la brain, I was about to be like red, green, and blue because I was always us to seeing those three lamps like on a projection TV or some shit or a projector back in like the eighties and shit. But anyway, let's move on. Now I know what it is, and I can keep my child from being ignorant about primary call breaking the cycle, breaking the cycle, you know.
Speaker 2: Hanging out at the school being like talking you know on green. You got an AirPod in where we're like telling you what about the colors.
Speaker 1: On the playground, Like y'all heard about green?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, I think that man's trying to sell the kids cannabis over there. You don't know about that green. Green hits different. Green hit is way different nowadays. You feel me, Hey, well one way that green is hitting different. As with green washing, that's a transition to our first story. Wow, that's actually not bad.
Speaker 2: Let's make it illgal fuck it? Yeah, we should.
Speaker 3: I mean, green washing such a powerful force in our society. It's it just helped the fossil fuel industry constantly switch masks and go from like earth fucking destroyer company company to like, we will put condoms on our oil refinery smokestacks that catch all the bad stuff. We are good and every time, the conversation around fossil fuels like near some kind of tipping point of like public opinion. We get some new campaign where like BP is telling us it's like, no, we're gonna put a bunch of band aids on the Gulf coast, so don't worry about that deep water horizon spill. And actually we're not even VP anymore. We're but beyond petroleum. We just want you to think completely different about us. Or like how Exon was saying, like they're using like algae based fuels that like we've never seen come to pass.
Speaker 2: Come on, but like these are other things that made me feel better. I've been sleeping at night on these things. That's how I get to sleep now exactly. I mean, sure of those big algae farms that they put in that one VP commercial, I'm like.
Speaker 3: We're good here, We're fine. It's worse than the excellent validies anyway. So there's also a recent study that showed that like there's a huge discrepancy between the actions of the companies, the fossil fuel companies in real life and like what their ads say they are doing, especially when it comes to things like they're like we're limiting expansion and like exploration. It's like, no, they're just they're just putting that in a commercial to fucking get us to be like, oh, everything's okay. So all of these little optics maneuvers are obviously made possible by the advertising industry that has reaped billions and helping these companies seem a little less fucked up. But a few days ago, UN Secretary General Antonio Guterrez called upon the world to enact a total ban on fossil fuel ads. And this obviously isn't like the be all and end all solution, but it certainly makes sense in terms of at the very least being able to like muzzle the these people so we can have like legitimate conversations about the climate without some ad come like hey, hey, actually this petroleum is the future for our children or whatever the fuck they're trying and do to combine them it.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, when they show you like, oh, we cleaned all the oil off this duck that we put the oil on.
Speaker 3: Oh thank god, thank you. Paul Molive. Yeah, palm Olive did it all. But like this is what he said, quote, fossil fuels are not only poisoning our planet they're toxic. They're toxic for your brand, your sector, full of talking to the advertisers, full of creative minds who are already mobilizing around this cause. They are gravitating towards companies that are fighting for our planet, not trashing it. I urge every country to ban advertising from fossil fuel companies, and many in the fossil fuel industry have shamelessly greenwashed even as they have sought to delay climate action with lobbying, legal threats, and massive ad campaigns. They have been aided and embedded by PR and advertising companies. Mad men fueling the madness. Madness all right, you had me until that one. Leave man spit bars, geears with the pop culture bars that I call these companies enablers. Stop taking on new fossil fuel clients from today and set out plans to drop your existing ones. Now. I don't know how willingness, how the willingness of the advertising sector will be to completely let I mean that money. They've done that ship before.
Speaker 2: Like when you look at when you go back and look at magazines from the eighties, like I'd say fifty to sixty percent of the ads were cigarettes, Like it was all cigarettes.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: And they all look so cool.
Speaker 3: They look so cool. I'm still smoking Virginia Slims. Yeah, because I just wanted to be like them in the commercials.
Speaker 1: You come a long way, baby.
Speaker 2: But yeah, cigarette companies were a major part of the advertising industry, and I don't see.
Speaker 3: But the difference there was because of just a massive lot like sttlement that the industry had to have that like it didn't come from legislation, that was like an agreement after this massive lawsuit where they were like part of the agreement was like, Okay, we will also stop advertising. So you've essentially murdered hundreds of thousands of people. This is like in the late nineties when that lying.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy. Also that like cigarette sales and kids smoking was going down for like years and years and years. Then vapin came in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then like y'all heard of vapin. Though the thing is too that vapin the.
Speaker 1: Like anti vaping ads make kids want to vape because they're like, what's the don't even was like, well, there's just like this one that I got obsessed with that was like Flavors Hook Kids. That was like supposed to be about how they use like, you know, like cereal milk vape flavor. It's all like, you know, fun candy flavors. But all the anti vape ads are like, damn, looks so fun to vape, right, I don't even want to vape, and now I do from looking at this about how yeah cool vaping is.
Speaker 2: Kids like reviewing the flavors and being like this one tastes like candy, and this one tastes like cereal, and this one and it's supposed to be like look how insidious it is to a kid, You're just like, damn delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're all like, don't vape, it'll it tastes too good and your parents will.
Speaker 2: Hate it and you don't think it's cool, and you do like really sick tricks with the smoke plumes.
Speaker 1: I did also see they're like they made it's like I don't vape, but they made the vapes look so cool now too that it's like they just are like you kind of want one because they're so like sexy looking.
Speaker 2: They're like a little like candy looking, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they look like a little lip gloss. They've got like a nice color always. And then somebody was telling me there's new ones that have a little led on them so that when you're vaping, they make a little like rocket ship is going off on a little led scream.
Speaker 3: Fuck man, but they got it and again they got you. But no, I mean yeah, maybe.
Speaker 1: Maybe what I'm saying is the oil companies could maybe be like, yeah, don't use oil.
Speaker 5: You look at this useful guy, natural glass, right right, natural gas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think the glass.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think for those vaping commercials, they need their equivalent of like the woman who had the tracheotomy, you know what I mean, back when like we were when they were serving us with those yeah, and she was like, yeah, just need another cigarette and then like put that ship in her trake tube and I remember like yeah, yeah, oh no, you know, oh yeah. With the vape ones, they're like this ship tastes like candy. Look how thick these fucking clouds are.
Speaker 6: And I'm you know what I mean, there's no one being like I was making for three months and you know what I mean, like I don't want it to get there, and there clearly are people who've had like lung issues, but yeah.
Speaker 2: There's so much, like you can there's just so much shit of like you just tell the story of how they discovered climate change before anyone else and then decided to lie about it and like create this entire Like it's so straightforward, it shouldn't be a hard story to tell, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: I think that's a good point that you would want it to be a dual offensive, one cutting out their ability to advertise their bullshit or and then cutting down and then yeah, and then advertising like what they did, so that people start getting appropriately outraged. I think a big part of the problem is everyone's like, yeah, I feel I feel guilty, Like I drank out of too many plastic straws in the nineties, and so it's like my fault.
Speaker 1: The problem is it's not they've made it. So it's it's like you know that as an individual, you can't do anything right, and that if they're not gonna stop like Jeff Bezos's yacht and Taylor Swift's private jet or whatever, which they're not, it's like none of the rest of us can do anything about that. And that's the problem. Yeah, anything is like humans, like man was not meant to fly. I think I think stuff.
Speaker 3: How do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the dirigibles famously safe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they just you know, sheer numbers not the most dangerous way to fly, but when they go up, it's bad.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen Vernon Hertzog movie The White Diamond, about this guy who just wants to build a dirgible and keeps being like, you are going to die for a folly. It's literally like, oh, it's so good. It's like the guy's best friend died in a blimp crash from a blimp they built, and then the guys like, I have to build another blimp and sail it to like honor my dead friend. And Werner Herzog is like this, he's a folly. Yeah, you are going to die, and you are going to kill me in the limp with you.
Speaker 3: The futility of honoring your fallen friend by committing the same mortal, drastic mistake.
Speaker 1: It's a great.
Speaker 2: Gravity is trying to kill us at all times.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's what man should not fly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can get down with that. Maybe it'll make people more patient. We're like, yo, bro, I can't fly, man, So it's gonna take a sting.
Speaker 1: Like fine's gotten so bad. Everybody just complains about how what a nightmare it is to go to the airport. Now the thing that was once like a great innovation of technology, Now all we hear about is how like the planes are falling apart in the air people are getting killed. Yeah, bring back the trains, I am for sure they I'm so mad lately about how there's not high speed rail in California yet, the thing they've been promising us since I was a child along, I just want to get on a fucking train to San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Right exactly fast. It's like a fast train because every every person who does that five corridor drive is sort of like, look, I either pay a off for a ticket and like it ends up being taking a lot of time going to an airport getting on a plane taken off, or I do the five corridor where it could be a fucking nightmare accident happened where I'm camping, uh suddenly in my car or whatever. But yeah, that's the fun corridors, the five I'm saying, the five Freeway, the Interstate, the five corridor that going up.
Speaker 1: I thought you met, Like, yeah, I thought you were really with the.
Speaker 3: Five five corridors. They have to unite and come together on all the wisdom of humanity exactly.
Speaker 5: Corridors, Yeah, education, morals, but like break breakdancing, breakdancing, graffiti, you know what I mean. I am seeing coming together the five corridors memes exactly. But yeah, like this obviously be tricky in the US, but you can see like in other countries they could potentially be able to enact like a band like this given the fact that fossil fuel companies and their activities present like a measurable, quantifiable like health risk to people.
Speaker 1: They also do shit in other countries where they're like, you can't drive a car here, which we would just like never do in America. I saw there was any thing in Australia or there was like some big concert and it was like the only way to get to the concert was to take public transportation, and everyone just takes it and you can't you literally can't drive there.
Speaker 2: But how do they deal with all the heavily armed people protesting that they're not allowed to drive their pickup truck? That's my question, you.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, we got rights to figure out.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, yeah, I feel like we're so far gone in the United States that like it might just be the rest of the world has to intervene at some point in the future.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I mean we've we've I think the US is fully demonstrated. We we can't we can't be trusted account anything. Yeah, maybe we can make a couple movies and do some sports. Yeah yeah, well Mather than that about it. We should have no say in anything else happening in the world.
Speaker 2: But the dirigible thing is one of the things from a ministry for the future, they like build out a future. Well, first of all, they just like change how they live where like people live closer to where they need to go and like don't use as many as much transportation or like they have better public transportation. But like, yeah, nobody flies, Like that's one of them.
Speaker 1: There's like a thing too where people like there's like right wing people who think there's a conspiracy to like end driving, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's like with like the fifteen minute city thing that's happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did I pick that up on the show once before?
Speaker 4: Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. I was just reading about that.
Speaker 1: They thought that the fires in Hawaii were like an op that they were.
Speaker 2: Like for sure they were yeah sure, wait for sure they thought that or for sure it wasn't.
Speaker 3: No, that was enough.
Speaker 2: You guys think those fires just came out of it, thought it was.
Speaker 1: They thought it was an opt to make the fifteen minute city. And when the freeway was on fire here in LA, when the ten caught on fire, yeah, I was watching TikTok and a lot of people on TikTok were like, Gavin Newsome is trying to force everyone to take public transportation by burning down the freeways.
Speaker 3: And I was like, Scott wish right now.
Speaker 1: Fucking wish they were burning down the freeways on purpose instead of because they let somebody have a wood palette company underneath.
Speaker 3: Yeah, with a bunch of hand sanitizer next to it, a wood palette storage next to hand sanitizer vat and the place where we make the flints for big lighters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was like Bockham's razor of like the Leoney tune, the ACME factory they put under the most used freeway.
Speaker 3: Right right right, that's all of our loose TNT storage is over there.
Speaker 2: Right all right, Let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back.
Speaker 3: And we're back fucking.
Speaker 2: Speaking of some of this American shit not flying in other countries. So a top EU court just ruled against McDonald's favoring an Irish fast food chain called super Max. Oh not like a prison mac mac pastreas, as part of a prolonged legal battle involving the Big Mac trademark. So super Max was established in nineteen seventy eight, but when it tried to branch out to the EU in twenty seventeen, McDonald's just sent an army of lawyers to flood the court with objections to them being able to be that anywhere else.
Speaker 3: I love that it's called super Max. Yeah, we can't. I can't. There's no way for me to separate that from a prison system in my mind. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like commentary also from outside America about what America the other great?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, are there great industry the prison complex?
Speaker 1: Yeah, an industrial prison industrial complex and uh McDonald's yeah, probably both California.
Speaker 3: Probably both the same thing. Maybe. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So they both failed to stop Supermax from expanding into the EU and lost the exclusive right to the term Big Mac. Fuck because they were like, oh yeah, oh you're gonna sue us. Well, we're going to file a request with the EU Intellectual Property Office to revoke your Big Mac trademark registration in certain categories. So super Mac filed a request with the EU Intellectual Property Office to revoke McDonald's Big Mac trademark registration in certain categories. So basically they can't like make a replica like Big Mac sandwich and call it Big Mack right right right le Big Mac, but they can't do it with chicken sandwiches. They can have a chicken sandwich called the Big Mass. It's a stupid I appreciate it, yeah, yeah yeah, And like services connected to operating restaurants also they can do that. I'm not sure what that means exactly, but since they hadn't used the name Big Mac within the required window of five years, so they needed to like drop some Madam Webb type Big Mac shit to like keep the trademark up, and they failed to do that. So now damn super Mac can can use that shit.
Speaker 3: Look just yeah, I'm fine, who cares McDonald's. You don't own Big Mac at this point. The people of the earth do. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Also, they stole the Big Mac. In nineteen sixty seven, McDonald's franchise owner copied a burger made by Big Boy, which was like the main rival at the time and made a few modifications, but he was like.
Speaker 3: Man, I fucked up, big boys. That's the home team out here, you know, yeah, shout out bobs.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a it's a losing home team.
Speaker 3: That's like some Clippers ship. Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm a Clippers fan now, guys.
Speaker 3: Wow wait what yeah? Man, you said that lumber Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember I just learned about inside the NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the Clippers for sure. I just uh, it's a it's a difficult it's a tough road.
Speaker 1: I can't. I only can root for an underdog team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you had chosen wisely.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't give a fuck about the Lakers.
Speaker 2: You should try the seventy six ers. They're fun too, if you.
Speaker 3: Were too, I can't. Yeah, I'm surprised growing up you didn't get you didn't get fully Laker poisons, no LITERALI from, Like.
Speaker 1: My dad is from New York and my brother and my dad are Knicks fans, which is truly also like a like an albatross to carry. But also I was just saying this yesterday. I hate the Lakers because I grew up in the era of fucking loser ass guys wearing Kobe jerseys, right.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, like you're still.
Speaker 1: We understand me, you understand And I never.
Speaker 3: You know, I never rocked to Kobe jersey.
Speaker 1: That was That was such the worst suburban ass Malibu's most wanted guys wearing Kobe.
Speaker 3: Jerseys with the baggy shorts with.
Speaker 1: Baggage shorts like sea walking at parties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god. Yeah. And then the three series BMW that was there, but it was also.
Speaker 1: Just right and like and there was a point where people were jacking people's cars if they had Laker flags because you could use the flag to open the window.
Speaker 3: The window.
Speaker 1: Hell, yes, that's what you get for being a bandwagon fan of a team that's only only because they're popular.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like it's he's too easy to root for a winning team. Everybody's a fan of a team when they're the winners. Got a root for a team that sucks.
Speaker 3: I mean I was rooting for them in the the worst years, the worst eras, the Del Harris years, even ship everything was all bad.
Speaker 1: But anyways, yeah I'm rooting since everybody wants to know, rooting for the Mavericks in the finals.
Speaker 2: You're saying you're in the you're on the right side of history because I hate the damn Celtics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and why do you hate the Celtics as someone who's coming sort of freshly into basket That is that because the nick Eastern Conference hatred? No, just a general anti Boston sentiment because yeah, fuck Boston. Yeah.
Speaker 2: My main rooting interest in the NBA is rooting against the Celtic.
Speaker 1: Reading against Celtics fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically that's where I'm at.
Speaker 1: Rooting again that little fucking Leprechaun.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's offensive to me first, Yeah, yes, yeah, hold it down for the Irish.
Speaker 3: Jack, what the fun?
Speaker 1: Look, bro, I'm Irish too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't anybody I am a coward, So you're not.
Speaker 1: Jack's not getting in the paddy wagon. Yeah, there was the wait, did you just do the fighting Irish? Can I do?
Speaker 3: Isn't that doesn't the Celtics logo also?
Speaker 1: Or is he little Leprechaun doing that? But it's like he looks like when Irish people used to box and they were like, yeah, you can't see this because it's a podcast.
Speaker 3: Imagine because wait, I thought he's spinning a basketball. Now he's just spinning a basketball.
Speaker 2: Because the NBA has this weird thing where they're like, every logo has to let them know what sport we're talking about.
Speaker 1: Oh really, it's so everyone.
Speaker 2: How many logos I have a basketball in them? It's like, guys, no, the Celtic guy was never fighting. He was never fighting.
Speaker 3: At first, it was like a weird look like a jack type, like a court gesture like a Wong and ship back in the day. But anyway, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, O dominating. Then they're like, and here's our logo, a full a complete utter balloon.
Speaker 3: Enjoy, enjoy.
Speaker 2: But okay, we were talking about you. You said that you were team Big Boy, which is like I didn't even know they were in the same league at any point, Like I didn't know they were competing against one another.
Speaker 3: I didn't either. More to say that, like Bob's Big Boy is like a historic spot in the valley, like and in terms of that, I'm like, oh, yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 2: The home team out in Pittsburgh. Jim Delgatti, who was one of who owned a franchise in Pittsburgh, stole the Big Boy sandwich and was like, hey, look this isn't fucking art. This is It wasn't like discovering this is a quote. This wasn't like discovering the light bulb. The bulb was already there. All I did was screw in the socket, okay, and then the Big Mac is born and they're like, now we will sue anybody who tries to claim.
Speaker 3: To light bulb. That's my fucking light.
Speaker 1: Here's a question, what's the mac about the mac? Shouldn't be the shouldn't it be the big Mick to being anti Irish?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's I think it's too racist, it's too close to Is that why? And maybe at the time, like in the sixties, it probably wasn't considered racist. It was probably considered confusing because they all had a friend who was a big Irish guy that they called the big Big.
Speaker 1: Mick, Right, but what do they call it? MacDonald's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, mac dowells.
Speaker 1: You know, they had the what's the one in coming to America.
Speaker 3: Mac dalkwells mcdowells. Yeah, yeah, this is what. I just also love this idea too, like Jim del Gotti that his concept of technological advancements is about like digging something up and discovery. It's like, I didn't discover the light bulb you know, digging in my back. Yeah, I just like, you know, I don't know how that was developed. I'm pretty sure the guy who discovered the light bulb just found it like an old cemetery or something, right, and he's like, we got to start making these.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean, this is like a long term trend with McDonald's. They keep trying to sue companies over Big Mac trademark infringements and then just completely eat shit. Last year they tried to sue an Australian chain over there.
Speaker 3: Big Jack Burger.
Speaker 2: Hey, Big Jack, and McDonald's lost in the restaurant use the lawsuit as a selling point and ads. Similar ruling was handed down twenty nineteen before McDonald's appealed, but back then the decision led to Swedish Burger King trolling McDonald McDonald's with menus featuring like a whole section that.
Speaker 3: Was called not Big Max. Oh.
Speaker 2: One of the sandwiches said Big macish but flame grilled.
Speaker 1: Of course, sounds like turnabout is fair play if they stole it from somebody, right exactly.
Speaker 2: But they're I think they maybe feel some sort of way about having stolen it, and so they're very hyper protect and because they have this issue they keep sucking up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, classic like, well we stole it, but you can't.
Speaker 3: Write it first.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sometimes accusing people of doing the thing that you did doesn't work out the Republicans. Republicans seem to always pull it off with with style, and that's the thing that's their thing, all right. Well, Molly Lambert, such a pleasure having you on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Instagram at Molly underscore Lambert. You can find me on TikTok, where I don't post yet, at Molly Lambert World where am I start posting?
Speaker 3: Twitter?
Speaker 1: Sometimes at Molly Lambert and yeah here in the world of podcasts soon soon with a new some new podcast stuff here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very exciting.
Speaker 1: Can you with a piece of media. I've been looking at the final Oh my.
Speaker 3: God, that's so weird.
Speaker 2: I was about to ask you, that's so crazy.
Speaker 1: Here's a tweet I enjoyed. Was from Emily F. Miller Emily underscore f Underscore Miller. If you're looking for something actually worth celebrating this fourth of July, you're in luck, because I have come across some incredible news. It's the Caesar Salad Centennial don the Green on July fourth. It's only right and caesar salad was invented in tijuanat Italian restaurant Caesar's by a chef named Caesar Cardini. On July fourth, nineteen twenty four, Caesar Centennial. It is I love and I don't know if you guys have been to Tijuana to Caesar's, but they make a caesar salad table side. It is the best caesar salad I've ever lived in my life. It's so fucking good. I went there so many times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by alright, they've been making it for one hundred years and like getting just cheap, probably like tourist traffic with it. It's great, Like it's kind of a miracle that it's still really really good. It's really good idols.
Speaker 1: I fucking love a caesar salad. I can't wait to celebrate the Caesar salad centennial. Famously, I guess Julia Child went to Tijuana and had that caesar salad and and loved it so much that that's kind of how I think she like brought salads back to California. Kind of. Oh, that was like part of the beginning of the California salad Revolution. I have a lot of salad in Chinese chicken salad also invented in LA.
Speaker 3: What's your favorite salad? Is it Wolfgang Puck? Is it Wolfgang Puck?
Speaker 1: No, it was a Wolfgang Puck jacked it, much like the Big Mac, from a woman who had a Chinese restaurant. I believe her name. I believe her name was Madam Wu, and she had a famous Los Angeles Chinese restaurant, and she took a Chinese recipe that she like new for kind of like chicken on a bed of lettuce, and she was like, Damn, people in California love these salads. What if I turned this into a salad and then through some little orange segments in there for you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Is the most load bearing ingredient in that. Without that, it becomes a totally different salad for me.
Speaker 1: She she invented it, and it became a big hit salad. And then that's why it's like so popular in LA that Wolfgang Puck made it too.
Speaker 3: Right, and then he thought it like the sheen Wa was like he's like tried to make it all fucking fancy, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there's now there's one from like Gwyneth Paltrow's company that's called like the Brentwood Chicken Salad. The most white washing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: What's so annoying though, is that they're the Goop kitchen like kind of has some good food.
Speaker 1: That's what people keep saying. I hear it, so I hear It's not funny.
Speaker 3: That's not you admitting that you've been there out loud.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I just heard like I've walked smelled other people.
Speaker 3: That's all. No, man, I buy, I eat people's leavings.
Speaker 1: Bro, Yeah, Bro, I wait until they're done, and then I take the wantons they left behind in their Brentwood Chicken salad.
Speaker 2: That's a fucking good all right, thank you, Thank you, Miles. Where can people find you as their work Amedia, you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, find me at Miles of Gray on Twitter and Instagram and everywhere else they have at symbols. Find Jack and I on the basketball podcast Miles and Jack Got Mad? Please talk fun? Catch me talking ninety days or I guess tech the.
Speaker 2: Finals started last minute?
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, I can't believe they did. That happened crazy, bro? That was wild. Also, find me talking ninety Day on four to twenty Day Fiance, and I'm on Langston Kerman and David Bori's podcast. My mama told me talking about the Rainbow Parties, the Great Myth of Rainbow Parties on the latest episodes. So check me out there. A piece of media I'm liking. There are these two young dudes out in the UK who make are making comedy on TikTok that's just like kind of just absurd and funny. They're called Marlee and Archie Official, and they just do stuff that's just sort of like what American people think people in the UK are like, or just like absurd takes on like what UK public interactions are. I'm just gonna play like half of this just because it's just kind of so stupid but hilarious.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Sorry's that your phone?
Speaker 3: Is that my phone?
Speaker 4: My phone?
Speaker 3: My phone? Thank you? Fuck you? You saw that's your phone?
Speaker 4: Well on my pants on fire pants on Why the fuck gosh have.
Speaker 3: You seen it?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 3: I say, your dog, Sam say, let me just let to makebe fucking spidy said. I'm saying, Sam Fain, you're a fucking idiot, just like aggressive ship oun't know where it's really funny. But anyway, Yeah, that's Marley an Archie officials. They're funny. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore.
Speaker 2: Oh, Brian uh tweet I've been enjoying destry at Destry.
Speaker 3: Broad tweeted.
Speaker 2: Doctor Pepper just unseated pepsi as the second most popular soda in America. That's true apparently, and then he said, don't tell me that getting your PhD isn't worth it.
Speaker 3: A right shout out to.
Speaker 2: Dr Pepper, and then I really alystle in Paris tweeted, I wish you could shazam birds. What's the one that goes Oh? I love that one. Would love to follow his work, and people responded being like, you're about to have a great, a great day because Merlin bird id app and oh for real, yeah, I so this made me download it and I've been using it all morning and it works. It's fucking that there are now. I used to say Shazam was only good app like other than you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like what bird? This app?
Speaker 2: This is fucking right. There's one where you can take pictures of plants that tells you what plants it is.
Speaker 3: The iPhone does I think natively now that's pretty cool in the camera. But yeah, I do that, that would pretty cool. Uh.
Speaker 2: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O Brian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily zite Guys. We're at the Daily Zye Guys on Instagram, we got Facebook fan page, our website Daily zeguess dot com. We're post our episodes in our footnotes.
Speaker 3: Sud noe is that it? I don't know sit speaking of Southern act.
Speaker 2: That fucked me up there for a second. Uh the song song anyways, Miles, Uh, we look off to the the things we talked about and a song we think you might enjoy, Miles, Is there a song that you think we might enjoy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's my favorite one of my favorite bands, Hiatus Coyote. They're slowly leaked, just having songs come out in anticipation of their new album called Love Heart Cheat Code that comes out in like three weeks. So this is actually the titular song love Heart cheat Code to that album, because we got a little bit of a little ep that came out, a little mixtape with some of the songs on there. And again, I just think they're a fantastic band. Everybody on their instruments is like fucking just killing it, and their creativity shines through because they're so literate on their instruments and just it's like again, get into Hiatus Kyote. I'm telling you they're a great band and kick your Friday evening off or day off with this track Love Heart cheat Code by Hiatus Coyote Love Heart cheat Code. All right, we will link off to that in the foot note. The Daily That Guys is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: More podcast from my Heart Radio is the iHeartRadio ap Apple podcast or wherever you get your podcast. That's gonna do it for us. This week. We are back on Monday morning to tell you what was trending over the weekend. Also back over the weekend with the Weekly ZEI guys if you want to get a digest of everything we talked about this week and uh yeah, but otherwise we will talk to you all on Monday.
Speaker 3: Have a great weekend everybody. Bye John Jo