Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The Emirates NBA Cup is here. You can win big getting in on the action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. All thirty teams split into six groups every Tuesday and Friday, playing for the right to advance into a single elimination in season tournament culminating in the NBA Cup Championship in Las Vegas. First time. Here's something special for you new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets if your bet wins. Score big with Draft Kings Sportsbook, Every point counts. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use Code Money Moves. That's Code Money Move for new customers to get one hundred and fifty in bonus bet if your bet wins when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia, visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hope and wire text hope and yanas four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling Call eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino in resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario one. No sweat bet per new customer issued as one bonus bet based on amount of initial losing bet. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince See dknng dot com slash promos for deposit wagering and eligibility restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, Thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. As you watch the Baltimore Ravens totally dominate the Houston Texans by the score of thirty one to two. Lamar Jackson and Dereck hend were worse sensational Again, thank you for joining us on Christmas Day and no matter what you say, celebrate being Christmas, being hanukkah b a Kwanza, or just stay holiday, Happy Holidays. Hopefully it was safe, it was joyous, and you got an opportunity to spend it with family, friends and loved ones. Again, y'all know me, I'm your favorite unc Shina Sharp. That guy is Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame Honoree the pro Bowler be All Pro. That's Chad O Josenko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit that light button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. And because it's Christmas and you here with us, thank you for your support, Thank you for your continued support in twenty five and beyond. Yeah, make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We have it in stock. The holidays is here. What better way to celebrate the holidays than with a bottle of Shave by Laportier. If you currently live in a city or a state that doesn't carry it, or you're not even close to one of those states, order it and we'll ship it right to your door.
Speaker 3: And one more thing, please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Please go follow up media company page on all of its platforms that Shayshay Media and the clothing Company eighty four with eighty four beings with being spelled out. Our newest release just dropped last month's month. We have T shirt sweats as well as stocking stuffers. Such as beanies, coozies, the Beanies which I'm wearing, and mugs. Quantities are limited, so please make sure you grab yours wild supplies last.
Speaker 3: Hopefully the orders. Everyone has started receiving their orders.
Speaker 2: You should have them by Thursday and Friday, so everybody orders should be fulfilled by the end of this week. And again, thank you for your continued support. Let us know what you think. Tickets for the Super Bowl show in New Orleans, our first spring tour stop, are on sale now. The link is pinned at the top of the chat. February six in New Orleans. Great guests on the schedule, be there. You don't want to miss this. We've been nominated for two sports podcast awards, Best Sports American Football Podcast and Best Sports Comedy Podcast. Again Best American Football Podcast and Best Sports Comedy Podcast.
Speaker 3: Please go vote for us.
Speaker 2: The link is at the chat and it's also pinned on our social pages as well as our social bios.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe Yeah.
Speaker 2: As I mentioned at the top, Behind a dominant run game, Lamar Jackson and Dereck Henry throttle the Houston, Texas vil score thirty one to two. They took over first place because of the Steelers lost earlier. Today they took over the first place in the AFC North. Lamar Jackson only had to throw the ball ten times. He completed ten of those for one hundred and sixty eight yards two touchdowns, while rushing for eighty seven yards on full carries, including a forty eight yard touchdown run. Derrick Henry one hundred and forty eight rush yards twenty seven carries and a touchdown. He had eighty six yards in the first carry and so he also set a single season total touchdown record as far as running backs and receivers everybody. He had sixteen total touchdowns and he broke the record that he shared with Ray Rice.
Speaker 3: Raveries look really really good today.
Speaker 2: They look dominant on both sides of the football, and that's what you want to see heading into the playoffs.
Speaker 3: As the season winds down, you want to start.
Speaker 2: Playing some of your best football, and the Baltimore Ravens are doing that well.
Speaker 5: This is this is what I have a question for you now. Now, based on what we saw from Lamar Jackson today, Derrick Henry showed it the load. Derrick Henry showed it the whole package. Based on why they won the game, So as far as the MVP race is concerned, when we talked, when we talked last last time, you said to you, Lamar Jackson, is the MVP somewhat running away with it?
Speaker 1: Especially after today's win.
Speaker 5: Is your thoughts, your thoughts on your MVP going to change once we see the Bill Josh Allen play tomorrow and he puts up another unbelievable Superman performance, Are we sticking with Labar the rest of the next two games?
Speaker 3: I think it's close.
Speaker 2: And the thing is is that the question is if they win tomorrow, they clinched. They clinched the second seed. So does Josh Allen play the final game of the season. Lamar is gonna play because right now they're they're they're they're.
Speaker 3: Uh and number one.
Speaker 2: Uh, they're in first place in the AFC North. Now, if Pittsburgh wins next week in Baltimore lose, Pittsburgh rejumps them and so now they're on the road for the first game instead of being at home.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me give you a small tidbit real quick.
Speaker 5: So uh this weekend, uh, matter of fact, Saturday, the Bengals played play the Broncos, right, correct, Yes, Okay, So after the Bengals beat the Broncos, the following week, the Bengals are playing the Steelers. Yes, and the Bengals have to win the next two games in order to get out of the hunt and be in the playoffs and have somewhat of a wild card crack.
Speaker 2: But they also got to hope the Broncos lose against Kansas City, in which Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelson, a lot of their starters aren't gonna play because they sold up the number one seed. You're not gonna risk it. So now you got Kansas City that's not gonna play any of their starters next week. Chris Jones is out. He missed today, So now you're looking at Kansas City. Mahomes is not playing. He's gonna be in street clothes. Travis Kelsey will be in street clothes. A lot of their starters will be in street clothes. Now you got a place. You only got like eight offensive linemen. A lot of the offensive lineman gotta play.
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, you don't.
Speaker 1: They don't have no choice.
Speaker 3: They got no choice.
Speaker 2: But some of your skill position, you might call them, some of your practice squad guys. Give them an opportunity. To get a full, a real game check in a situation like that. But you're absolutely right, Bengals have to win their last two. Hope the Broncos lose their lose their last two, but they also got to hope Indy and Miami lose one. But if Indy and Miami look or went out, it doesn't matter what the Bengals do, it doesn't matter what the Broncos do. So they're behind the Bengals, there behind the Dolphins, there behind the Coats, and there behind the Broncos. So they need the Broncos to lose their last two and they lose, need Indy and Miami to lose at least one while they went out.
Speaker 1: Is can ash hear me me as Ash?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: Who does indye the Indie last two games? And who are the Dolphins last two games? Please tell me somebody that's difficult. Are teams that are that that have winning records?
Speaker 2: I think I think they got Buffalo, I know, problem got good.
Speaker 3: Miami got no. But see here's the thing.
Speaker 2: Remember, as a matter of fact, they got they got the Jets tomorrow. The Buffalo got the Jets and the Patriots. Miami has the Browns and the Jets.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not fair. Hell no, man, and.
Speaker 2: Indi Indie got Tennessee. Indy has the Giants and the Jags. Where they play, they're at the Giants home versus the Jags. So you need a lot of things, uh to to really really go right for you guys in order to really make the playoffs. And that's an ojo. This is what we always say. I hated that because I've been in that situation with the Bengals are because we didn't take care of our business early in the season. Now I gotta hope and pray. Man, I'm praying somebody else lose. I'm praying this happen. No, all you had to do was take care of what you're supposed to and then you get to sit back and hope somebody else has to do do that dirty work. I don't have to worry about that. But I think Kansas City likes where they are. They're like, look, we did what we needed to do. We went on the road and they dominated the Steelers on both sides of the football. We're good. We gotta buy nothing nobody else do. Now we get an opportunity to rest up. And if you look at old cho the last couple of games, they look really good. This was Patrick Mahomes's best game, breach clean game easily.
Speaker 3: He threw the ball really well.
Speaker 2: They did a great job of throwing the football because look against the Steelers. Steelers is like, you gotta be you gotta be uh convicted to run the football. You don't run the football on the Steelers on accident. You have to be committed the world. I want to be committed. You got to be committed no matter who you're if you want to run the oh Joe, it's a commitment.
Speaker 3: You look at the Ravens.
Speaker 2: That's why the Ravens for the most part they one or two in the league in rushing. Why because they make a commitment to run the football. When you play with Steelers, you got the double back. You have to make a double commitment. Look, guys, we know some of these players are gonna be negative. We know some of these players gonna go for no yarded. But we gotta stick with it. And that's what the Ravens do for the most part. But if you look at when they when they struggle, they get away from the run game. Lamar Jackson threw the ball fifteen times tonight he completed teen. They ran the ball almost tripled at forty three rush attempts. You saw, now, Derick Henry, he loves running the football against the Houston Texas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he loves it.
Speaker 2: He's had in the in one season he had a game where he rushed for two eleven and then following it up on the road with a two fifty.
Speaker 3: I think he has seven games.
Speaker 2: I think he has like, what like seven games where he's at over fifteen hundred yards rushing against the Houston Texas. So no, I don't think we should be some prize that he had the type of game against the Houston Texas. But when the Baltimore Ravens show a commitment to run the football, they're very difficult to be and we see how dynamic they is. And see what happened was they got up to this great running start, and you saw what the Texans tried to do. They started pinching, they started knifing, and Todd Monkey said, okay, Will Anderson, you you want a knife, Hey, we're gonna fake it. Lamar, you keep it, and we're gonna pull a round. And now you get his head on the goal pulls for forty eight yards away. Yeah, I'm gonna make you play us honest. Now, Now if you want to do you want to go against what you're supposed to do and knife down in there to trap Derrick Henry in the backfield. Okay, hey, Lamar, we're gonna run the same formation. We're gonna give him the same as I Because the last time they brought Zay Flowers, he disregarded Zay. I ain't worried about you say, you ain't gonna do nothing. So this time they brought a tight end, he disregarded it. Now you got an extra blocker up on somebody, you get a kick out, you get a pin down, and now it's safety.
Speaker 5: At that point. All about the numbers game. It's a number game at that point. Yeah, listen with with with the Ravens playing the way they're playing with us common sense and you've been preaching it all season a long. Anytime they run the ball a certain number of times, using Derrick Henry and not allowing Lamar Jackson to be back there and be past happy, and allowing the past players to actually come to them, and not forcing the issue.
Speaker 1: Let Derrick Henry take care of everything.
Speaker 5: Obviously, the way they play the game is an old school style. It's the old schools down and the fact that it works in today's era a pass happy league where everybody throws the ball one hundred times a game. But what works for the Ravens and why they win games is doing what you've always said, what you've always said, week in and week out. I think, listen, I'm listen. I'm a bango at heart. I think they have a very good chance. And this being the year that Lamar Jackson wins the Super Bowl, and it would have to come on the onus and the shoulders of Derrick Henry and them sticking like you said and committing to running the ball no matter who they playing against.
Speaker 3: And that's what you have to do, O Joe.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is is that and people like, well, what do you mean by knife is when they take the defensive end and they try to cross the guy's face because you see the two negative runs he had. What happened the guy knife and they made him bounce it. So that's what I want him to do. I don't want to show the pass square to the line of scrimmage. I want him going parallel to the line of scrimmage because now he can't get a head of steam and he can't hurt me. If you look at when he got his yardage, he's going downhill.
Speaker 3: I don't want him going down here. I want him going latterly.
Speaker 2: That way I can push him to the boundary if I let him get downhill. Hell, he gonna fall. He gonna fall for two yards. Now you let him get Now, you let him get get a couple of steps. Now he's gonna get four, he's gonna get six yards. But Todd Munkey did a great thing to counter that. He saw what they started to do to try to force the bounce. He said, you know what we're gonna do. We're gonna get the same thing. But what we're gonna do is that we're gonna bring a tight end. And so now we get a kickout, we get a pin down. Now safety and safety is coming from death. So he really doesn't know what to do. And before he knew it, Lamar was up on him and he took a horrible angle.
Speaker 3: So now Lamar's looking at it, like, bro, what you rush still running for? Yeah? Now you go ahead and turn around. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The fun the fun The funny thing about it is.
Speaker 5: We already know Lamar Jackson is fast, but you never understand it as a defender until you sit there and you take a bad angle, you try to tackle him, it's over and you're fucking whiff, Yes, and you whiff, and before you know it, he thirty forty some yards down the goddamn field.
Speaker 3: And the thing is, o joe.
Speaker 2: And when you don't make him check his feet, when you just let him get ahead of steam, and he gets to go downhill because you are by the time he braced the line of scrimmage, he's like three or four yards.
Speaker 3: He's full speed.
Speaker 2: He full speed and three or four steps Lamar Jackson is full speed because you haven't made him check his feet, right.
Speaker 1: You got to. If you can't make him come to balance.
Speaker 5: And if you can't make him make some move to make you miss, or you're ask in trouble.
Speaker 1: Hell, if you can't make Derrick Henry.
Speaker 3: Shuffle his feet, you can't make him check his feet.
Speaker 5: Man, who want to make Who want to make that tackle? Who you talking about making a business decision? I'm driving straight at his pinky toe exactly.
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Ojo. We went and looked it up.
Speaker 2: Eddra and James had the most rushing yards for a quarterback in his MVP season.
Speaker 3: He had fifteen hundred and forty eight yards.
Speaker 2: Peyton Manning was the MVP in two thousand and two thousand and four Peyton. That was the year that Peyton broke Dawn Marinos record of forty he through forty nine. Marino had the record of forty eight touchdowns in the season. Manning through forty nine that season. That's also the season he had three receivers catch four thousand yards. He had Marvin Harrison go over thousand, he had Reggie Wayne go over thousand, and he had Random Stokely.
Speaker 3: Go over one thousand.
Speaker 2: Daren Henry in almost at eighteen hundred and So look for me, I still think for me Lamar and I get what I get.
Speaker 3: What the voters are gonna say, the voter's gonna say.
Speaker 2: With Shannon bro he got a nineteen eighteen, nineteen hundred yard Russer in it backfield, but he.
Speaker 1: Didn't have last time.
Speaker 5: I'm like, huh, he didn't have a He didn't have a nineteen hundred yard Russia when he went a MVP last time.
Speaker 1: So they can't use that excuse, don't move the gold post.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, but see last time, oh Joe, he threw twenty five touchdowns.
Speaker 3: He's at thirty nine.
Speaker 2: With another game to play, So there's a great chance Lamar Jackson is gonna have forty forty one, maybe even forty two touchdowns with less than five interception. Remember, he threw five interceptions he was twenty five and five. Now he's like, he's got forty three touchdowns with with four interceptions and maybe I think he got two or three foumbers. So let's just say he's forty three total touchdowns with seven or fewer turnovers.
Speaker 3: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: Matter of fact, I'm glad you just said that about the turn of a ratio. I know. And we talked about Aaron Rodgers a lot, right, Yes, we talked about.
Speaker 5: And you wonder why he gets the opportunities he gets, why he's has the arrogance or the way he carries himself on they put up a grass. I saw it on Twitter on his numbers and his run when he was in Green Bay.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you see that.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I ain't I ain't know he was like that, Yes, I ain't know. It was like that twenty five and three, thirty six and thirty six and.
Speaker 3: Five yeah, forty yeah, forty five and.
Speaker 1: Six Yeah what touchdown and a touchdown interception ratio?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 1: What stupid? Just like some video some video game shit. So it gave me a better understanding, gave me better context on why he is the way he is. But you're just not that same player. He's not that, not that nomber one. But god, hey, listen, I knew he was good. I understood his resume.
Speaker 5: I didn't understand it until I seen the goddamn numbers up there on goddamn Twitch.
Speaker 2: So now today, after today's game deck, Henry has seventeen hundred and thirty eight rushing yards. Lamar Jackson is a tick below four thousand. I think he has like thirty nine fifty five thirty nine sixty five something like that passing yards. But he has thirty nine passing touchdowns with four interceptions, and he has eight hundred and fifty something yards rushing with another four touchdowns. So it's hard, if it's really really hard. I think this year Ocho, had Mahomes had better numbers, it wouldn't even be a debate because fifteen to one if Lamar Jackson had like thirty touchdowns, would say like eight interceptions. Lamar Jackson, I mean, excuse me, Mahomes would be the MVP, because think about it, they're the only team other than the Giants. They're like three four teams that haven't scored at least thirty points in one game. The best of the other teams they won three games. The Chiefs have yet to score thirty in the game. They're fifteen to one. And it's all because now those other the Raiders is one, they're looking for a quarterback, the Patriots is won. They got a rookie quarterback, and I forget who the other team is. So that just goes to sh show you just how special you got to be. Nobody else in that offense on that team, no other quarterback in the league, no Josh Allen, not Lamar Jackson, and that's not Joe Burrow would be fifteen to one with that offensive line like that. Yeah, oh if bad and it just and today he put on an exhibition. He lets you know they like God, y'all really know, I'm still hire. I might not be having the best season, but don't y'all forget who I am.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, it all comes down to his decision make it out, even when, even when when most quarterbacks would be in the situations he's had with the officer line, the inconsistency of the officer line, him getting battered, getting hit.
Speaker 1: You know, at some point you get happy feet, you.
Speaker 5: Start doing things with the ball, your decision making it becomes errant because of the him you continue to take.
Speaker 1: But they've always stuck the course.
Speaker 5: And then the creativity and the combination of having a quarterback like Patrick Mahomes and the creativity of Andy Reid as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think the combination works so well together, similar.
Speaker 5: To that Brady Brady and goddamn Belichick, you know, in a different sense, though in a different sense because Belichick was a defensive mind, right, but just having Mahomes and Andy Reid together, it's almost unfair to have all the different wolves and the injuries that they've sustained and still be fifteen and one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the thing is about Andy for the for the Mahmes the most part, he's only had Andy in his ear. Now, there have been times that he allowed somebody else to call, maybe eb to call plays, or maybe Naggative call plays, But Brady had Charlie Weiss in his ear. He had Bill O'Brien in his ear, he had.
Speaker 3: McDaniel in his ear.
Speaker 1: I was there with Bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's had three guys in his ear. Now.
Speaker 2: The only thing that's remained the same was the head coach. In the quarterback We've had different coordinators, but and the coordinators called plays. I think for the most part, what people got upset about is that they used not calling plays against EB.
Speaker 3: But it didn't hold that against Naggy.
Speaker 2: Now, Naggy did get a team, did get the Bears to the playoffs, and we've seen EB go somewhere where he called the place kind of fell a hard time than everybody was. Like see, I told you see and I said it at the time, I said, Eb, stay right there, Yeah, stay right where you are.
Speaker 1: M M.
Speaker 5: But you know, you know why he didn't, man, because you know, for us, you know, it's hard for us to climb that ladder. So when those opportunity to present itself, sometimes you got to walk out that dough.
Speaker 2: What you think the likelihood now, Eric Bana may ever getting ahead coaching job in the NFL.
Speaker 5: And you know what, and that's the problem that that that's the problem is that I'm not going to go there. You know where I want to go, but I'm not going to going to care because sometimes you could, you can step off the front porch, you know, and you can you could be abysmal. But that circle, that circle of coaches, you would get another opportunity.
Speaker 2: Again because they looking at it like, I'm not talking about him.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so what you said, yeah, yeah, see, stay stay with me.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm trying not to go there, but you know what I'm trying to say, but I'm not fin the sayd.
Speaker 3: My thing is, Ojo, I would have stayed right there.
Speaker 2: And hell, maybe somebody give me a head coach your job out of sympathy. I lied, o Joe, Maybe somebody give me a head coach your job out of sympathy, because, o Jo, when you go at the Commanders and they get the number two pick in the draft because their offense is so atrocious.
Speaker 3: And you go to U c.
Speaker 2: L A with a brother coach head coach and you get fired after one year because you're lasting. Oh Joe, that's not a good sign. Yeh it really, it really isn't. And so sometimes hey, I just weigh them out, just weigh them out right. Look, look for me, Lamar is the MVP. I mean, I just can't know. I just can't overlook his number. I just can't o yoe. And I know some people are like, what it'll be in resting to see what's the most losses for the MVP, and I get it. Oh sho five losses and Allen has what three losses? Mahomes doesn't have the stats to back up he's fifty to one. Jerry Golf has good numbers. He doesn't have great numbers, but they've only lost two games. Sa Kwan is playing really well. But unless he had two thousand yards right now?
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I mean running back not getting that?
Speaker 3: Oh lord, that was in two ninety seven. God, but he was in Secon. Who that.
Speaker 2: Barry Barry in ninety seven? They were ninety seven, But that was the year he had twenty fifty three. And then Adrian Peterson the year he broke the record, he was five yards short of the six seven, eight yards short of the record, nine yards short because he had nineteen ninety nineteen. He had two thousand ninety seven, so he needs nine yards to get twenty one oh six. But he won the MVP. But then now in that situation is different. Oh, Joe, let me tell you why. You look at the quarterbacks that Barry had, and you look at the quarterback AP had, they're like, it should have been unanimous. Oh yeah, he had Christian Ponder and this quarterback. I don't know if y'all remember Christian Ponder, but he was real good and terrible.
Speaker 3: And Barry quarterback? What much better? Right? Wait?
Speaker 1: Who is Barry quarterback? Scott Mitchell? Was it Scott Mitchell?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh, but so there is history here the most losses for a quarterback winning MVP. Brett Farr won the MVP with five losses. Matt Ryan won the MVP with five losses. Rich Gannon won the MVP with five losses. So if Lamar Jackson wins the MVP, it's not like, oh, he got five losses. No, We've seen three other guys at the quarterback position win MVP with five losses. So what I'm trying to do, O Joe, I'm trying to cover all the bases because you know, it's just gonna come up. If he I don't get it, they're gonna give you a reason why. So I'm just trying to prepare the people. If he doesn't get the MVP, I'm telling you why. Some of the reasons gonna start to come out. But your refute is, but they've given the MVP to other quarterbacks that didn't have this type of season, the MVP with five losses. Running backs are different because look, like I said, Adrian Peterson, how he got that team in the playoffs with that quarterback. How Barry did with it. But Barry was a co MVP with Brett because Brett won three consecutive ninety five, ninety six, ninety seven. There was a co MVP between Brett and Barry. But yeah, I like I said, for me, if I had a vote, I definitely with vote for Labar Jackson. I just can't over I just cannot overlook thirty nine touchdowns with four interception right now, their first place in the AFC North, the four rushing touchdowns with eight hundred and fifty two yards. I can't overlook that. I know, Deak Henry's in his backfield. I know, excuse me, dack Henry is lighting the load on Lamar, but he's still doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, it's funny, and it's funny for me even I can separate the two.
Speaker 1: I can separate.
Speaker 5: Being a Bangal plan for a franchise where obviously the enemy is is the Ravens. But I can separate the two and understand the greatness that is Lamar Jackson. I can appreciate the quarterback playing what he's been able to do since watching him at the high school at Boydon High School, watching him at Louisville, and seeing how he's grown and matured into the quarterback he is a day when they've always said what he couldn't do. You know, we don't think he would be a quarterback in this NFL. We think he should try running back. Yeah, just just all the stuff he's had to overcome, all the obstacles and the hurdles, and to see where he's come now. I can honestly say this, and even as a Bengal, as much as I believe that goddamn Black and Orange, I really hope he win it the whole thing this year. I really listen, I really hope he wins the whole thing this year, not just the MVP, but god damn it, motherfucker, get you a chip just to get him off your back. So there's nothing else they can say on just so there's nothing else gonna say. And if you if you have any type of documentary, if you have any type of film that talks about the start to the finish, I wanted to all I want to lead up to it, how it starts to be all the negative things.
Speaker 1: Everybody said, that's all, Oh Joe people.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is when you try to when we try to explain things to people, people don't see.
Speaker 3: They'll take a clip.
Speaker 2: And because a lot of times people use clickbait because that they've got my face, they got our face up there, or night Camp saying something and they frame it in a negative light.
Speaker 3: They don't even listen to it.
Speaker 2: I've said, I don't believe Lamar Jackson's career is a failure if he doesn't win a championship. But they've been nine guys to win two MVP's, every last one has won a Super Bowl. Guys people say Aaron and Aaron. Aaron Rodgers has underachieved with forced MVPs in one Super Bowl. So what do you think they're gonna say about Lamar if he has three m vps and no Super Bowls on his resume when he retires.
Speaker 3: If Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 2: If people believe Aaron Rodgers has underachieved with four MVPs in one Super Bowl, Oh cho, what will people say about Lamar if he has three MVPs and no Super Bowls win, his career is over?
Speaker 5: The disappointment, Yeah, it's gonna be worse. You understand that that people understand that those are that you have to be able to not be a fan, understand the politics.
Speaker 1: They understand what comes with the game when it comes to.
Speaker 5: The totality and the resume and the entirety of someone's body of work in the requirements to be to be talked about in the lead top group. Yes, you got to win. You got to win the trophy. You got to have one. You need something, at least one of them, especially when you're as great as you are in the regular season. Which is why, which is why I can sit here and say, I really hope, I really hope after winning MVP this year, I hope he goes to New Orleans and he's able to lift that goddamn Lombardy.
Speaker 1: I really do.
Speaker 2: And that's what it comes and that's what and that's what it comes down to, Ojo, It really does you know, Look, you gotta take black and white out of it. I know everything. We want to make a lot of things, we want to bouy racism, but we can't do it in this situation because we have nine guys that have won at least two MVP's, every last one has won an mb A Super Bowl. So now we're gonna say, well, well, if Lamar Jackson nowhere, what that's finding dandy? No.
Speaker 3: And the reason why I don't and many.
Speaker 2: Others don't hold Burrow and Josh Allen and all the other quarterbacks to Lamar because.
Speaker 3: They don't have MVPs.
Speaker 2: Once you get an MVP, your thought of your you look that different front Lee, Right, he gets looked at like now he gets Now he wins a super Bowl, he gets judged just like my homeboy. He gets judged just like Brady, just like man, just like all the other great quarterbacks that have multiple MVPs and a super Bowl.
Speaker 5: That's only right, hey, And you know you know that I think about it, Yes, I think about it from a different perspective.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it through a different lens.
Speaker 5: I think about Lamar Jackson the quarterback, Samar Jackson, the quarterback that doesn't fit the mold. Yes that all the rest of them do. The Lamar Jackson that chose not to change, the Lamar Jackson that remained his true authentic self is especially based on where he's come from. You know, he's still He's still Lamar Jackson, the same Lamar Jackson for Pompado. Yes, nothing has changed, and he's still playing the quarterback position without having to conform, staying true to himself, to who he really is.
Speaker 2: That's what I love that, That's what makes him who he is. He's not a pocket passer. So why am I gonna try to be Tom Brady? Why am I gonna try to be Peyton Manning when I can be Lamar Jackson and win, just like they won and win MVP's and get to and win the Super Bowl. They could, They had to do it that way because they didn't have the athleticism to play outside of the pocket. Lamar Jackson has the athleticism to play outside of the pocket. He also has the ability to throw in between in between the tackles. But if I don't have to watch, should I? I don't have to prove well, I'm gonna win this game? And sometimes I felt that he wanted to prove that he could throw the ball from the pocket and win a game to say I told you so, win that Super Bowl and say all y'all thirty one that passed me, even the Ravens. But I give y'all the grapes. Because Ozzie got out, he was in the second round. He traded back up to get me, and I promised him a Super Bowl. I've delivered that, but I'm not done. So if you think I'm gonna be satisfied with one, you're saying the mistaken. I'm putting everybody on notice now. Hopefully they bring a d Henry back. I don't know what Jennifer on one year, one year, eight million.
Speaker 1: Man they got. They got to bring you back. I'm not saying.
Speaker 5: I'm not saying they got to, but I understand that they need and how the business works.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, while it's hot, while the.
Speaker 5: Comb is hot, while the comba is hot, come on that, don't be no fool.
Speaker 2: And the thing is O Joe as many carries as he gets the ball, he's there every week.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what his practice schedule is like, I don't know if they give him on Monday. I mean Wednesday Thursday and just let him running back.
Speaker 1: The running back always get Wednesday off.
Speaker 2: All I know is more times than not he lines it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: All that other stuff I don't know about.
Speaker 2: I don't know a whole about the other stuff, but I know that man takes a lot of pounding. And every single week I see him dot and I so o Joe. It only took Lamar car four carries to become the all time leading rusher in the NFL history for the quarterback position. The record was sixty one oh nine, held by former colleague Michael Vick. Lamar passed Michael Vick despite playing forty one fewer games. So basically, he played two and a half seasons fewer than what Vickers played and he broke the record.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, and you wouldn't People wouldn't understand how crazy it is and how that sounds when you understand what Vic was during his time.
Speaker 2: The thing though, Joe, it took Michael Vick thirteen seasons to get to that number.
Speaker 3: Lamar's done under seven, right and under seventh season.
Speaker 2: He's in his seventh season right now, right, Yeah, he's in seven because he's right, but he's a year behind my homeboy, because Mahome boys an eight, he's in seven, but he started halfway through his rookie season.
Speaker 3: Well, Mahomet one game, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I have a question too.
Speaker 5: I like I like the milestone that he's reaching such a short amount of time.
Speaker 1: Short amount of time as opposed to Vic.
Speaker 5: When you think about numbers like this, right and saying that Lamar was able to reach a milestone that took that took.
Speaker 1: A little bit longer. It took big a little bit longer to get to.
Speaker 3: You count the season which you get drafted because he gonna play that year.
Speaker 2: Mahome came in a year before, and then Mahomes run the m v P his rookie his second year, and then Lamarr was the MVP his second year.
Speaker 3: Goheen. What were you saying on Joe now?
Speaker 5: I was saying when when you look at the milestone that Lamar Jackson was able to reach such a such a short amount of time as opposed to Vic, who took a.
Speaker 1: Little longer to do it.
Speaker 5: The same thing when it comes to receivers, receivers playing in today's game and receivers that played before them in a different era.
Speaker 1: Do you ever take an account that the game is different now it is in to how you're not.
Speaker 5: Allowed to you know, the physicality has been taken out of it.
Speaker 1: So I don't want to call it easy.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit easier to put up the numbers that are doing today, or you don't take that into account.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well for the quarterback, is it really easy for the quarterback to scat scramble?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Look, I think that here it is, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is is that they do protect the quarterback a lot more than say, maybe even when back first got into the league. It's not like, look, they protect all the quarterbacks now, eighties, in the nineties when I came to the lead sixty to seventy on.
Speaker 1: Look here, they ain't care about none of y'all well being back.
Speaker 2: If they would hit a quarterback like some of the times I saw l Way get here my quarterback and see some of the other quarterback. Oh you get suspended three games. I'm telling them, Joe, were putting their helmet right. Oh man, they were putting their helmet right in the guys thurn him right right, drop it. I mean we wanted we got to the Super Bowl because Goose dropped his weight down on rich gallon shoulder. Come back and look at the FC Championship game. Separated this broken collar, bawl, separated shoulder something and.
Speaker 3: Put him out. You can't attack the quarterback like that.
Speaker 2: But but what what what al Jackie is doing at the quarterback position? Because not only can he run, we know he's the best runner in the game. Yeah, now he's a top five passer and I'm not so sure he's four or five. So when you look at that, when you combine he's the best runner at the quarterback position and he's a top five passer at the position. How do you stop it? You hope he has an off date. You hope you pressure him. You hope you can get a couple of turnovers here and there, and that's the that's the way you beat the Ravens.
Speaker 5: Try to try to get him off schedule, try to get him off script. That's the best thing you can do. But the problem is if you're pressuring him and he get out of the back door.
Speaker 2: Yeah you've been run past it now, then you ask down, Yeah you better not. Once you get even you see it back, then, oh Joe, he back here. Once you get here, you better let him off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you run, stop and be under control. It sounded.
Speaker 5: It's one thing to talk about it, it's another thing to be out there and goddamn be able to do it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, what we do have the factor in that Michael Vick went away. He did go to federal prison for twenty three months. I think he was out of the league for like two or three years.
Speaker 3: Uh, and so who the record would have?
Speaker 2: Look, I'm not saying Lamar wouldn't have this record eventually, but I do believe Michael Big would have had more rush yards than what he had because when he came back, Yeah, he was still but he wasn't a Michael Bick experience Big, Right, he wasn't at Lemma Big. Yeah, he was a better he they he was a better thrower of the football in Philly.
Speaker 3: But that guy on that turf in Atlanta, little difference.
Speaker 2: The Chiefs go to Pittsburgh and they win twenty nine to ten, sow up the number one seed in the AFC with a fifteen to one. They'll get the first round by have home field advantage throughout the playoffs as long as they win. The nineteen point margin of victory was the Chief's largest of the season. They had three hundred and eighty nine yards, more than half more than they had in the Albust. Oh Joe, check this out. Yeah, three eighty nine was the most yards they had in the season in all but one game, even with our Chris Jones. Russell Wilson would sack five times, intercept it once, and they forced this turnover by the Steelers. Andy Reid called it the most complete game of the season. You and I talked about that at the beginning. I say, when you look at Mahomes and you look at what they were able to do offense without their best defensive player on the road in a hostile environment, and I look, I know the Steelers have kind of fallen on hard time. They've lost their last three games, but that's still Pittsburgh. Very well coached, they have a very good defense. Offensively, they couldn't run the football today or.
Speaker 3: He did run it. Good god, Oh, that was lating the ball game.
Speaker 2: Nijie Harris had thirteen for seventy four. Jaylu Warren had a limb for seventy one. They had thirty one for two oh two. I think the turning point, oh shoe in that ball game is when rushed through that interception in the M zone got food, it was covered. Oh Joe, what it was? It was covered too. And what mcduffy did is that he got a jam so good on pickings. Pickings stocked. So in the process of him stopping, Reid is looking at it. He's like, well, I don't gotta get wide. Now I can stay right here on the hash school thought he was gonna get wide.
Speaker 3: He doesn't get wide.
Speaker 1: I got to say it was pickings. Pickings can't get jammed there because.
Speaker 3: You gotta go get you still gotta go, Joe, the safety.
Speaker 5: You got to put the safety in the motherfucking bind got to mind. Then it's a two way go. Rush has a two way to go with the ball. But once you took it once, once duffy took away pickings, it's only one. It's only and once you look ato the left, it's only one place you can.
Speaker 3: Go exactly because here the thing.
Speaker 2: If if Pickings gets past McDuffie, Uh, McDuffie got the retreat, but now since picking stopped, there ain't nothing to threat in the flat.
Speaker 3: So I'm stay right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so now instead of getting wide, red says, I ain't why I need to get wired for it.
Speaker 3: Ain't no threat over there, no threat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my threat is coming and he like boom and then he picked him and I think that cost him a little bit more.
Speaker 3: That cost him someone metum right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And you know what the stealers in the first half, I mean they were they were trying to control time and possession. Obviously being able to run the ball, being able to run the ball and throw it here and there, especially to the tight end. Is if I don't, I don't want to. Butcher's name is it fire fire, move fire fire, move him and him and Russ was cooking for a little bit on some of those plays. The problem with them is when they were getting to the red zone, they weren't being They weren't scoring anyone't pitting up no damn points man. They won't put if you if you're getting down and if you're getting any were in the facility anywhere in the vicinity, you got to put.
Speaker 2: Up something, yes, yeah, yes, oh Jo. The Steelers didn't run the ball that well. Going into the fourth quarter. The Steelers had ten rushes for eighty nine yards.
Speaker 3: So that too.
Speaker 2: That been the fourth quarter yeah, and so now that tells me that's a lot of garbage yards. So in the fourth quarter at some point, like the Chiefs says, like we let y'all run it. We're just not gonna get all anything cheap, anything deep. Russell Wilson was twenty three or thirty seven, two oh five. He didn't play well. RUSS hadn't played well the last couple of weeks. And this team is not good enough to overcome poor play at the quarterback position. Remember that's why they made the switch to a Russ because they were winning games. But it's a struggle when your quarterback doesn't play well, because now you and these nail bodies and you got to go nip tuck, niptuck and nip tuck and a lot you gotta hope a lot of things go well. The one turnover, you only had the one turnover they but again they had two turnovers that that definitely took points off the board because they were already in field goal range. And so that interception that Reid got took points off the board. We don't know how that would have turned out if they could have held onto that ball.
Speaker 3: That friar moveth fumble, but when you when you when you.
Speaker 2: When you play up against play it against the Chiefs, even though they're not as explosive as they once were, you still you got to play. You still got to play, damnure perfect. Don't worry about then what they do with you.
Speaker 1: You have to. You have no choice, you know why, because of fifteen. Because of fifteen.
Speaker 3: Fortunate that's all.
Speaker 1: That's all they come down to.
Speaker 2: Twenty nine thirty eight three, twenty three touchdowns. Kelsey eight catches eighty four yards of touchdowns. Save You're worth It e catches seventy nine yards touchdown. Justin Watson two catches six two yards touchdown. Hollywood Brown four for forty six.
Speaker 3: So J p.
Speaker 2: Ryan two for twenty Juju two for eighteen. De Hop had a quiet day to day. But the thing is, and listen, y'all listen. I don't know what y'all thinking when they bring Justin Washington in the game. He running two routes, he running a nine or ain't running a post. Now, I don't know what y'all thinking, but y'all need to go back.
Speaker 1: He can run, Oh yeah, DV.
Speaker 2: I don't know what y'all been told that white, white, white guys can't run, they can't jump. When Justin Watson comes in the gate, he gonna run two routes, he running a post or he gonna run his nine route. Now, you ain't gotta believe me. But now when the man behind you, you like, you look at that, Well what happened? If I told you what's gonna happen. They're gonna run the dagger, the one to the backside, and they're gonna hope the safety jumping, and they're gonna run the post to the with him on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so, I'm just giving.
Speaker 2: It's giving a nob just giving your heads up in case y'all don't want to watch film, but that with Justin Watson, because he got wheels, he can run, and he a big kid.
Speaker 3: He ain't no little receiver, O joe.
Speaker 5: I think Deontay Johnson he kind of underestimated him a little bit. He tried to jam him at the line and he missed, And I thought, you know Deonty. You know Deontay's fast now, so I thought maybe he thought, oh, I'm gonna catch up to.
Speaker 2: Him, O joe. People don't understand four three ain't catching four three. Four to three might catch four five. You ain't catching four three because you gotta realize you got the back pedal and then.
Speaker 1: Turn he running from the jump.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you not catching that nah, and got a big play out of that. But the Steelers, who, y'all gotta dig dick now a because you know the Bengals are coming in. They know in order for them to have any chance, they've got to win that. If they win Sunday, they know in order for them to have any chance, they've got to win. Y'all gotta take care of this. The Broncos got y'all though.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, when we when we win Saturday, we play Saturday.
Speaker 3: You're right, you're right.
Speaker 1: When we play and win Saturday, then we we do. We will take care of business with the Steelers. Right now, we focus on the Broncos, y'all.
Speaker 3: The Broncos.
Speaker 1: We focus on the Broncos.
Speaker 2: Broncos because after that game, Bronco who Bronco Country?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, because after that game, y'all.
Speaker 3: Talking about welcome to the Jungle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, y'all, it's a jungle. It's it's a jungle. Now. Believe that where were playing, y'all, that we we're going.
Speaker 3: To my high now y'all we coming y'all, And so what you think.
Speaker 1: For the happen? What you think for that matter of fact, I'm gonna go to that game Bronco Country. Matter of fact, I'm gonna go to that game.
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Patrick, certain junior. What you're gonna do with what you're gonna do with on five out there?
Speaker 2: Do you realize when they target when they when they target PS two? Yeah, that QB that there rating is like thirty six point one. You come out better just throwing the ball in the dirt. You'll have a higher quarterback RADI if you just threw the ball in the dirt.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you you want you want to best something on the on the matchup?
Speaker 3: You already owe me three band?
Speaker 1: Oh you how much?
Speaker 3: Three band?
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's make let's let's double it nothing man, double h double nothing, doubleling nothing.
Speaker 2: How you go through the band? Don't no money and say get and say you know what A give me double what you owe me?
Speaker 3: Give me?
Speaker 2: I won't you give me double what I borrowed from you? And I'm gonna take your back.
Speaker 1: I tell you I'm good for it, though, no, you ain good for.
Speaker 2: It if you were good for it already, have it my money drawing interest in your pocket.
Speaker 1: You know, with double it up then, because with one thing about it, I'm gonna ge.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna get I'm gonna get it to you regardless, because you know I'm good for it.
Speaker 3: What they say money out of sight calls a fight.
Speaker 5: Wait, we're gonna fight because I listen, I'm not going I'm not going to jail and be no one else's.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what I tell do what I tell people. Right here, Oh Joe, if I can't get you off off me, you welcome to state. I promise you that't all I got for you. If you get on me and I can't get you off, feel free to stay there. But I promise you'll better. I'll make you turn me loose.
Speaker 1: Hey. Hell no, Hey, that's a good one.
Speaker 6: That's a good one, O Joe.
Speaker 3: Check this out.
Speaker 2: Russell Wilson goes all out for gifts for his offensive lineman. He gave each to his offensive lineman a ten thousand dollars gift card Airbnb gift card that can be used anywhere around the globe. He got each one of them. Louis Biton Duffel bags and Stealers colors, colors, custom made Stealers, good Man Brain shoes made with Wilson's his clothing brand, and a bottle of Sierra's ten to one run. There were some good gifts that I mean the uh the Eagles, Hurts and Sakwan got the Lineman custom golf carts, so I'm talking about big ones.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Josh Jacobs got the Offensive Lineman, Diamond Penn Penn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw my homeboy forgot what my homeboy got his guys. But I mean, oh, he got a roll Hey, Lamar Jackson, he got his guys roll lexes.
Speaker 1: H L.
Speaker 2: Jack got his guys roll lexes, the Offensive Lineman. They feel real confident. They got Josh Allen of Penda with MVP on the back.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: They they jumped it.
Speaker 5: They jumped They jumping the gun right a little bit rightfully. So even if he done with it, you know, in their eyes he's had an MVP season. So I understand it. I understand it. But listen to quarterbacks. They make it.
Speaker 1: They make a different kind of money where you can give these type of gifts.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, give these type of gifts.
Speaker 1: To your linement and appreciation for what they've done for you throughout the entire end of the season. And it's a dope gesture. It's a very very dope gesture.
Speaker 3: Oh joy.
Speaker 2: And plus the fact, look, quarterbacks are different. Quarterbacks can go to dealers and need places that have these ATV's and all this other stuff, and they gonna get a discount. They're gonna hit me and you over the head. They gonna want full price.
Speaker 3: As a matter of.
Speaker 2: Fact, they buy up charge us. I mean, but the quarterbacks, they probably you bout how many you want to buy? Mr Mahomes. Okay, well we'll do this instead of charge. We'll give you to them for what we bought them for. You know what I'm saying. But uh, I mean Lamar got, Like I said, Lamar Got, he is a lineman. Rolex is also. I saw Booker McFarland tweet you talk about DB's when you're gonna get something for the d lineman. Y'all can't cover with out what out of brou.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to tell you about that book. I thank you first of all, but you don't even play no more. You should have thought about that when you was in the league, gave me me talk about tell about rc RC ain't in the league either. But uh, I'm trying to think, have I Have I ever heard of DB's getting something for the D line? Now, I haven't.
Speaker 3: No, I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe Ray got something for Goose in a big sam for his first m VP.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but uh, rested Soul Goose. Yeah, but those quarterbacks. But see, oh hell, I'm thinking fifty sixty million plus another probably five ten off the field because you I mean, Mahme might be doing fifteen to twenty million and endorsements off the field, so he might be bringing.
Speaker 3: Home seventy million a year.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, what I care about dropping five a half a million to a million dollars on on.
Speaker 3: On my line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that ain't nothing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: According to Adam Schefter, Pete Carroll has expressed interests in the Chicago Bears head coaching job and would like to return to the sideline next season. Three teams, the Bears Toes the Saints are in the market for a head coach who can help reset their culture. A few coaches have had it more effective than Caroly doing that. Carol is one of the four head coaches that have led teams to both national championships and Super Bowls, Barry Switzer, Jimmy Johnson, and Jim Harbow. Like I like Pete, but not in Chicago. They need an offensive they need Look, they can get a defensit, but he has to go scour and get college maybe even a college oc. Right, that's creative, that knows how to work with the skill set of what Caleb Williams possessed. He can't he can't go get one of those conventional guys that he had in Seattle. That ain't gonna work, you know.
Speaker 1: What I think.
Speaker 5: Now we talked about the Chicago job, and I like what you said about Pete Carroll, who is a players coach. I think the coach, I mean the players will gravity to gravet gravitate towards him. But you do need a officer cordinator that has the creativity that can that can help Caleb Williams use some of use his skill set to admit ability, you know, and what he's able to do.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Another another job. Now, we talked about Mike McCarthy, right, Yeah, just talked to the other night. Ben Johnson. What you think about this? Ben Johnson Dallas Cowboys. I like that, you know, I haven't heard his I heard his name mentioned before, but it was never with the Cowboys. I think Ben Johnson would be the perfect fit for the Cowboys and working with that and bringing some of that creativity that he does over there in Detroit. Now he doesn't have the same personnel to be able to do some of the things he did. But based on which you have and what he knows he has the strengths and the weaknesses of the players on that team, I think you will do some damage as that head coach. Hell, matter of fact, head coach and offensive coordinator. Keep calling the players Aaron Dallas too, if the opportunity presents itself.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Pete is out.
Speaker 2: Obviously, he left Seattle last year. They got Mike McDonald, who was the former defensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens. Zach Orr took over that job. Jump John Harbord. Guy has a nice little treat. I mean he got McDonald as a head coach. Zach or the defensive coordinator Anthony Weaver who was in Baltimore. He's the the DC at Miami. So John Harbard is put together a nice little staff, but Pete Carroll is interested in getting back into the NFL. Coach coach arbor coach Belichick seems like he might be only on the sidelines at North Carolina for one year because he has a one million dollar buyout after one season.
Speaker 3: But Ojo, you see how he did that?
Speaker 2: My son the defensive coordinator, and then if I step away, he gets to be coaching. Waited see how he did that? Now, I want to know. I want to know what they call that because I know a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Up and it start with the end. If I'm not mistake.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I ain't heard nobody say that word autism.
Speaker 3: That ain't even hurt. Nobody say anything about baptism. Right.
Speaker 1: I know one thing I like. I like what Belichick is doing too. Now.
Speaker 5: There have been very many rumblings when they were when there were job openings as head coaches in the NFL. Did you notice every team that did a higher how young the coach was.
Speaker 1: You understand what I mean? Now? You talked about it. We talked about it, and I said, I think this.
Speaker 5: Is a good thing for Belichick to go to North Carolina because this is what it's going to show the people. It's going to show the owners in the NFL. Listen, I was one of the greatest coaches of all time. Matter of fact, I am the greatest coach of all time. My coaching wage might be a little outdated for today's era, and I might not be able to relate to or resonate with the young players. I'm going to go to North Carolina. I'm gonna show you that I can be a leader of young men. I can resonate with this era and the younger kids of this generation and win in build a Knight's program. Letting own this note that I want back in the NFL because I can relate to and coach these young players of this generation as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm just saying I don't see the outrage, because there's a lot of outrage, you know, if you notice when they do it, don't nobody from that culture talking about this nepotism.
Speaker 3: That's only us. Now we'll talk about it.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it, but we talk about us. Oh brun they called it that brough to BRONI you see what he did. They do it all the time. Andy Reid had his sons on his staff coaching. Coach Belichick had his son on his staff coaching. But somehow we feel bad if we give our homeboy.
Speaker 6: Who you go.
Speaker 2: Look at the staff, Look at Mike, Look at Sean McVay, Look at Mike McDaniels, Look at a LA floor. Now, look at where they were they with Shana hand. Look how many guys on that staff keep it going. But they make us feel bad. No, I culture make us feel bad if we give somebody like us an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Listen, we're the only one to do that. Though we did. We we don't. We're not everybody, so we don't want to put.
Speaker 3: Everybody but.
Speaker 1: A good percentage though huh yes, good percentage.
Speaker 2: But I mean if if now, I ain't gonna put my son in a position if that's not what you want to do. Right, But Steve Belichick wants to coach. Okay, you want to coach. Oh, this so happens not a coach. Come on, my son wanted to be in media.
Speaker 3: This is what you want to do.
Speaker 2: Come on, now, what he wants to do. I don't got no problem. Good, it's okay when they do it, it's a problem when we do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, they you know us, it's always it's always gonna be something.
Speaker 1: It's always gonna be something.
Speaker 5: Anytime it's it comes to talking about getting ahead in any way, you know, and it doesn't it doesn't benefit the next person, you know.
Speaker 2: But but but how I mean, I want us to win. I really do owe you. I want us the community. I want everybody to win. But at my boys towards my community. Damn right, because I grew up in that community, and I think there's some things that we we can do and we should do.
Speaker 3: But we've got to stop this.
Speaker 2: Anytime someone becomes successful in our community, think they did something seedy or underminded or underhanded to get that.
Speaker 3: Oh he's sold his soul. They don't.
Speaker 2: I've never heard somebody say the Kelsey sould they sould. I've never heard. They don't say what Peyton manny got a billion do a company? It ain't nobody said he sold his soul. Me and you got a little thing man, uh that sold his soul.
Speaker 3: You noticed that.
Speaker 2: Peyton Many got a billion dollar company after making three hundred million plus in the NFL. And not one person has ever said Peyton man and sold and soul. Tom Brady get three four hundred million dollars. Not one person said Tom Brady, So I wonder what he had to do to get his get that job.
Speaker 3: Now I need y'all to jump in the chat and tell me why.
Speaker 1: You know why?
Speaker 3: Nah no, no, not that I want.
Speaker 2: To hear him saying, because it seemed like anytime we do something, what about hard work? So what did I do to get your the NFL? I sold my soul.
Speaker 1: Discipline.
Speaker 3: Y'all should see how I approach what I do. Now.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine how monocal I was when I was played to get to that?
Speaker 3: Right? That's not an accident. It's not an accent.
Speaker 2: Oh, y'all there are two people from the same house of thirty five hundred people in a town.
Speaker 3: Make it to that. That's not an accident. Yeah, But I just I'm like God, I mean you should think.
Speaker 2: Well, Hell the way I look at anything, O Joe, if I see somebody.
Speaker 3: Do it, I could do it. You did it? What they only so they only did it, they only what they stopped making it.
Speaker 2: They stop giving job people opportunities to do something because you did it. Hell no, M I don't think I'm better than anybody, Ojoe.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I've never felt because or I could play football, I'm better than you, or I'm in this situation, I'm better than you. Do I think I could do my job better than you do your job. Yeah I do. Yeah, you should.
Speaker 1: Feel that way, most definitely. You should feel that way.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna were gonna, were gonna were gonna get this. We're gonna were gonna be able to pull a lot money. We're gonna pull lot of money together. I got John Hope Brown. I did a a speaking form for him, and I'm gonna have him. I'm gonna, uh, he's gonna come on and give him some he he man. I mean just sit down and talk to him on your boy he he he. He got his stuff together. Wait, John ho.
Speaker 1: Brant Bran Okay, okay, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Probably see him. I mean he got social media. You know, he got to think he has formed. And I'm talking about the big company, and I'm talking about the salesforces, the Deltas, the Googles that everybody right, uh, and and to to invest in how you build your credit score and how you how you you build a business and how you you know you invest in and and watch it grow over time. That's how you create well and then generational wealth. And so we're gonna have this in twenty five. We're gonna have him come on a couple of times and uh talk and so hopefully people shoot in and get some valuable some valuable insights of how uh how to invest. Look, everybody, it's hard to accumulate well when you don't have money, right, and we've got to stop the money that we have. If if you have a car that's more valuable than the money that you got in your savings account, there's a problem.
Speaker 1: Come on, that's a mobile problem.
Speaker 2: As he said that, he said he was telling the story like, look, if your assets is on your ass, that's a problem.
Speaker 3: And you know what I'm saying, O Joe. And a lot of a lot of times people like Ron, how you.
Speaker 2: Driving up and and and and and with a nice car, he's still in an apartment.
Speaker 1: You got to understand it's about image. It's about image.
Speaker 5: It's about looking to part, it's about looking as if you have it, because if you look like you got it, then you're you're able to get what it is you're attracting. Because when it comes to every everything is visual. Yes, think about social media. Everything is about visual. If I look like I got it, then I could attain some of the things that I'm attracted to.
Speaker 1: It's easy. It's easy. You just gotta look like it.
Speaker 5: Rench your car, get you some nice sold put up some nice shoes, put your some chains on.
Speaker 1: Okay, he looked like he got it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep a chance, Ojo. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Kyle Paign said, you and I sold our souls.
Speaker 3: You know ye, no, no, no, I know he got He had to laugh and the moods up there.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, but.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, but we're gonna have him on to talk some some some financial literacy. Uh, you know, get money, And I said, ash and uh. In twenty fifteen, I met this guy and this guy said, Shannon, I want to give you an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At the time bitcoin, he said, we can do like ten coins, and because I know you, I'll let you have the coins for two hundred and fifty dollars a coin.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: You see I'm sitting here tapping my fingers. Yeah, I think the coin is now what like one hundred thousand a coin. This was in twenty fifteen. O Jo had out of if IDY go ahead, out of a O Joe, go ahead, take it over. It ain't no more Uncle Ojo. It's the O Joe show. Unk out of here. I will hit one of these, O Joe, I will hit one of these. I don't let a couple of go I don't let nelick.
Speaker 5: You know, you don't know what the funny thing about it is. It only takes this many times the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't let a chance to get Netflix when it was two dollars, had an opportunity to get a Google, had an opportunity to get bit coin.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get one of these right one day, y'all.
Speaker 2: Now, I ain't gonna tell y'all which one, but they'll be saying that I came into a large summer money.
Speaker 3: There will be signs.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Maybe it might be the farm of miniature cows that I have. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: What it is, but you damn man, you talk here Unk on a farm with a thousand many cows, a thousand? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Uh that no un all of a sudden, man, man, man, I heard unk gossip. Yeah, U got like fifteen dogs now, mm hmmm. So there'll be signs that Unk has come into a summer money. I ain't gonna say nothing, I ain't gonna mention anything about it. But if you see me, that's what that's what's gonna happen.