Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Football.
Speaker 3: That's right, this is Good Morning Football. Welcome inside, everybody. It's parade day in Philadelphia, but we sit here in Los Angeles in New York City. It's also a day filled with love, especially if you are attending the Eagles parade. Happy Super Bowl Week, everybody. I'm jamiehert All here, Zach Barbajbi and Milla, Peter Schrager, Kyle Brant A lot to get to this hour. We are welcoming a new friend to our show this morning, live from Philadelphia. It's PHL seventeen reporter Alyssa Christelli, who is amongst the masses.
Speaker 4: One point four.
Speaker 3: Million people attended the Eagles Super Bowl parade back in twenty eighteen. Alyssa, over a million expected today. What's it look like out there, sister?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's sister. It is just madness down here.
Speaker 5: And I have a lot of friends here, you know, attended in twenty eighteen, and they say it's even grazier. Some of these folks have been camped out since three and four o'clock in the morning, and we just keep meeting.
Speaker 4: Some really cool people. Guys, good morning, how are you.
Speaker 2: I'm fantastic. I love it.
Speaker 5: So what are you most excited for about this parade?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Seeing everybody, of course, I mean coming down Broad Street.
Speaker 2: You can't get better than this. Everybody's been here since well, I got here at five thirty. I don't know when everybody else got here.
Speaker 4: We're here early, they got here really early. We got a lot of friends here.
Speaker 3: Some of our friends here, guys, how excited are you?
Speaker 4: And some thanks to cash. I have to show you.
Speaker 5: One person brought a literal heater here down.
Speaker 4: To the parade route. No better way to keep warm.
Speaker 7: It was your husband, as it was everyone's warm, right em warm.
Speaker 5: There isn't quite enough firm for everybody to get under.
Speaker 4: And I know you attended the parade years ago.
Speaker 5: What's it like today as opposed to twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: I think it's a earlier. More people came this use we were here for a long time by ourself, but I think there's a lot more people here this year.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, guys, give me an eagle shit.
Speaker 2: Eah gee, oh.
Speaker 5: Guys, I've heard that eagle shit about one hundred times. This morning gets music to my ears every time, as you can see this parade route. It's just a line with the Engles fans.
Speaker 4: Two hours away.
Speaker 5: They're gonna see their birds come down Broad Street.
Speaker 4: I'll get ready to send it back to you when we come back.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be.
Speaker 4: All the time to kick off that brain. Oh you can't wait. Alissa, well done.
Speaker 3: Alissa found the birthday boy, seventy eight year old fan Steve last hour, and now she's fighting the person who brought the heat lamp. And that is everyone's best friend today. Alyssa Cristelli, everybody from PHL seventeen, You're great, Thank you so much. All right, time for a round of three and out. We're gonna take a look at this quote from Jalen Hurts from a few days ago after his first Super Bowl win. He says, quote, the joy of winning still had no comparison to.
Speaker 4: The pain of losing it. That's to Jalen.
Speaker 3: Hursts, there is still an imbalance in this moment.
Speaker 4: We've seen all.
Speaker 3: The videos and the memes of Jalen Hurts having the same facial expressions all week long. Would you guys like to see Jalen maybe outwardly enjoy this experience? Peter a little bit more knowing how hard it is to accomplish.
Speaker 6: He has been an enigma to me since he got in the league because he does all these interviews and he looks.
Speaker 2: Like he's the coolest guy.
Speaker 6: He's on the field as confident and as as driven as anybody, and yet you get to these interviews with him postgame, whether it's a Scott van Pelt after a win on Monday Night football, and it's like, I can't really crack Jalen hurts, Like does he have a sense of humor? Does he have any lightness? Is there levity?
Speaker 2: And I thought, Okay, well this is the week. This is the week.
Speaker 6: Now, it's his moment, this is He's the biggest star in America right now. He's going to go to Disney World, He's going to be on Jimmy Fallon, He's He's looked miserable throughout doing all these outwards.
Speaker 2: And I got to tell you.
Speaker 6: I'm almost more in awe of him now than I was before the Super Bowl because he hasn't broken character.
Speaker 2: Do I want him to be happy? Of course? Do I know he's not happy. No, he might be thrilled, but he will not give us an inch. This is the rare modern superstar in twenty twenty.
Speaker 6: Five that isn't looking to get the next great branding deal, that isn't looking to be an Instagram celebrity, that isn't looking to go viral. He'll get his deals because he's the player. Like Jalen Hurts has been like this this entire week. Today we're at the parade. I don't know if you'll see him smile and I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: Lighten up Francis.
Speaker 9: There's a little bit of lighten up Francis going on.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't it be.
Speaker 9: Funny if, like if Jalen Hursts was just like drunk off his ass.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's gonna happen.
Speaker 10: Don't either.
Speaker 2: I don't, But it's.
Speaker 9: You're almost like, hey man, you know what, have a drink, go ahead, if that's what you're into.
Speaker 2: It just reminds me.
Speaker 9: Of being at like a company Christmas party and the person who's like, now Monday on that meeting, you're at the company Christmas party. This is the ultimate part. The crazy thing is that Peter mentioned it's a fallon and all that stuff, even the shot of him on the roller coaster at the happiest place on earth. He's not even really having a very good time. Look at him here and this is look at the over bit. The woman on the left, huge smile. Jalen just locked in. And I've said this before that, in my opinion, is the best roller coaster on property.
Speaker 2: That's what Ron light cycle.
Speaker 9: With the Tron light cycle, and you can't help but at least like kind of be a mote in some way. It is a full test. There's an old uh Daniel Tosh has an old bit where he's like, I don't want to hear that money can't buy happiness. If you think money can't buy happiness, you ever seen somebody on a wave runner. They're having the best time in their life and they're smiling and bouncing whoo. And he's like, yes, it can even on the Tron light Cycle.
Speaker 2: He is sitting here just locked in. So it's the real tests.
Speaker 9: Imagine trying to think of a happier situation in life that you are the Super Bowl MVP, surrounded with your friends, teammates and admirers. There's alcohol there or whatever else you need to loosen off, and everyone's saying how great you are. Wouldn't that make you smile. And if that doesn't, what would. So today it's the test unbelievable, Jalen, you know it's a smile, yeah, or.
Speaker 11: He could be saving this whole thing up for the parade.
Speaker 2: Like y'all want to.
Speaker 11: See personality, I'm gonna show you personality.
Speaker 2: He's waiting for this big moment.
Speaker 11: That ride looks too cool to be so cool like I mean I would be. I've never been there. I now don't want to go. I want to go now.
Speaker 2: But you know, but to see him just like I'm just so cool.
Speaker 11: I need him to break the coolness for a second, man, because this is where everybody gets a chance to just love up on you. Man like you've done it. You did it for the city. Man, you did it for Philly. This is where you go. You know what, I put in the hard work. I've earned that smile. I've earned to cut loose a little bit. Nobody's gonna hate on you. We saw Tom Brady, mister I don't eat tomatoes, and all of a sudden him he has some tomato juice tomato A little wet.
Speaker 2: Behind the ear, you know what I'm saying, a little wet?
Speaker 11: You know what I mean, and everybody just kind of like, yeah, you know what, we didn't see the very tight and rigid Tom Brady. Yo, Jay Hurst, Man, look I'm the captain. Now look at me, Look at me. Have some fun.
Speaker 2: Dog, have some fun. Cut loose, get it in, dog, get it in.
Speaker 11: I can't I can't wait. He about to cut out, man, He's about to cut up and take.
Speaker 2: The whole bearings out too. Man, take the whole bearrings out.
Speaker 4: Man, Come on, come on, I really hate that.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get disappointed. I don't think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 11: I'm telling you, I just have a feeling. He's watching this right now. He goes, you know what, I'm gonna listen to the Big. I'm listening to Big.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna listening to Big. I come on, Jay.
Speaker 3: Jalen Hurts is that cool guy that knows exactly how not to party, but he gets away with it. Like on Jimmy Fallon this week, every guy is shotgunning a beer and what does he doing.
Speaker 4: We've all done this, or maybe none of you have.
Speaker 3: Because you haven't had to hide a pregnancy before. But when you're trying not to drink and people don't you don't want to know people.
Speaker 4: Do you cracked the beer too?
Speaker 3: But then you're like, I'm just gonna dump this on land of Dickerson's head and everyone's.
Speaker 4: Gonna think gets funny.
Speaker 3: But like, but I know that means that you didn't have a single sip of that beer.
Speaker 4: Jalen, what are we doing? I think that's who he is.
Speaker 3: I actually don't think he drinks alcohol. I've heard that, so like, do whatever you need to do, Jalen. I personally think he he does look uncomfortable. I was gonna say, I think he's having a great time.
Speaker 4: I don't think he loves it. Second Down Eagles one.
Speaker 3: On the New Heights podcast, which of course they covered this extensively, Jason Kelsey admitted that guy, it was hard for him to watch the Eagles win the Super Bowl. He said, quote, I just don't know how to articulate that. I'm happy for some of the Eagles, but at the same time, I was miserable during the game watching you, his brother not achieve your success. Again, it sucked. I did not anticipate it being that hard.
Speaker 2: End book.
Speaker 3: Our reaction to Jason Kelsey admitting that really, in his heart, Peter he was pulling for his brother during Super Bowl fifty nine.
Speaker 6: So this one blew me away because I think this would be something that like you would never hear publicly, ge't such an internal monologue, and yet he's got this podcast with his brother. So then we get this perspective and it's almost like you don't have to go up on that diving board, but the diving boards there and everyone's expecting you to go jump, and then he has to go address it. I don't know if you guys have been following this locally, like the Philly fans, like, we're not.
Speaker 2: Happy with Jason Kelsey with this coment? Is this not straw man? They actually there? Are there? Are there?
Speaker 6: There are a lot of fans who are like, you know what, man, Like you know you ride with us, you ride and you're telling us you rooted against us in the Super Bowl. Truth of the matter is like, I don't think you need me to tell you what Kelsey means to that city, what he and Kylie do, like philanthropy, like all that stuff. This guy does his show, the late night show from Philadelphia, doesn't go to Hollywood, doesn't go New York like he is Philly. But I guess blood is thicker than the map.
Speaker 2: And I think he just was like, we would never know this any.
Speaker 6: Other situation, but he's got this podcast and he actually vulnerably gave it up. And it's kind of the meta story of it all that when you want to step into media, like you're going to have to reveal some things, and I think he turned a lot of Eagles fans off here.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to weigh in.
Speaker 6: I don't know what it's like to have a brother play in the Super Bowl against your team, But the fact we even got this reaction and even had to talk about it, that's very twenty twenty five, Like this would not have been the case in the eighties, nineties or early two thousands. We would never know what Jason Kelcey's internal monologue was.
Speaker 9: I would just say to Eagles fans, if you are upset about this, I won't put grudge you, but you have so many things to be happy about right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is a great time.
Speaker 9: If you're really veering outside your lane to say I screw Kelsey, I would probably redirect that to all the wonderful things that are happening today in the city of Philadelphia. I am reminded of one other thing that I'm seeing constantly, though, and this isn't exactly the topic. I'm seeing people who are so upset and they're monologuing and soapboxing about how Taylor Swift was booed at the Super Bowl and they're pointing their finger and how dare you?
Speaker 2: How dare you? I don't see it that way.
Speaker 9: I was there in the stadium and they put her up on the jumbo tron from her suite, and there definitely was loud chorus of booze. I don't think that they were booing Taylor Swift. I think they were booing a very visible Chiefs supporter. The super Dome I have it at seventy five twenty five Eagles fans, and every time they put a Chief's player up there, Mahomes, Kelsey, p Checko, they would boo and they would boo. Then they put Taylor Swift up there and they booed. This is not a reflection on the city of New Orleans. It wasn't New Orleanians in that stadium. It was mostly Eagles fans who were booing her because she dates one of the star players and she's part of that Chief's Kingdom. If they would have shown Paul Rudd, they would have bowed. And everybody likes Paul Rudd. Paul Rudd is a Chiefs fans. It's not like how you think, how would you boot Taylor Swift? You know that you went to his concert or her concert or your daughters did that very well? May be they're not booing Taylor Swift the person, or the pop star, or the musician or the philanthropist or any of that. They're booing Taylor Swift, the Chiefs fan, and that is what sports fans do.
Speaker 2: I don't think it was personal at all. Was there And that's how I interpreted it.
Speaker 4: Kyle, I agree with you.
Speaker 3: I think you're onto the second layer to this though, which has like the Jason Kelsey vean to it, which is, this is a girl who grew up in West Redding, Pennsylvania, or at least was born there, like their dad is an open Eagles fan, she says during her concerts in Philadelphia, like my families are Eagles fans. So like this has a Jason Kelce angle to it, which is like, hold up, girl, you just sold us your entire childhood that your dad and you are Eagles fans. Now you're gonna date that guy, and now you're gonna wear red at the Grammys, and you're gonna be a chief fan. I think they boo those who kind of can't decide, like you either got a bleed green or nothing else if you're an Eagles fan. So I think there's like an extra layer to the boo. But I hear what you're saying.
Speaker 11: You know that the Eagles they want to claim everything right now, and don't betray us, don't betray And you know I will say Jason Kelsey didn't betray. I've been in a situation similar to this, not like the Super Bowl, but I mean I think back to when you know, I was playing against my brother and this is in that famous Brett fav game, Monday night game, and he goes off for three sacks. And the truth is I didn't have a podcast. There's no such thing as a podcast. But you want to see your sibling do well, especially if you've got a great relationship, even if it's competitive, you want to see them do well. So when I was listening to the podcast, I'm like, oh, I get where he's coming from. He's like truly conflicted like, ultimately your relationship lies right there. You want to see your little bro do well, and so it's not odd. I think everybody else, like you said, Kyle, relaxed. You guys got so much more to celebrate. Mike, go out there, have fun, and I think this is gonna be one of them things where everybody's gonna look back at this and you know what, Jason Kelse he good with us. Man, come on now, he's goods he is Eagles.
Speaker 2: Come on now.
Speaker 3: What's really fun about the parades in Philadelphia is the fashion statements that are made. Like we already know that there is a history with the Kelsey's and the Mummers costume. You also remember Chris Long were a very memorable firm coach from the last time the Eagles had a Super Bowl parade back in twenty eighteen. There it is on the right, Bo Allen with an American flag.
Speaker 2: Polish, I'm a Allen's outfit, right, And.
Speaker 3: Then you got Chris Long with the Sixers jersey and a knee length fur coat.
Speaker 4: Now it's being said that Chris Long was.
Speaker 3: Asked by an anonymous current Eagles player to wear that thing today. Peter, do you want to kick off the line of guesses that who we think might be wearing and making the fur coat have a reappearance at a Super Bowl parade in Philly.
Speaker 2: I'm going Jalen Carter.
Speaker 6: I think the one man wrecking Ball who was a second year breakout player who it was buzzing throughout on the micd up NFL film stuff. I think it's his big national coming out party in the parade and he's gonna lift up that coat like he lifted up Stafford and crushed all these quarterbacks this season. It's out a defensive line connection. There is the heart and soul of these Philly teams have both.
Speaker 2: Been on that D line.
Speaker 6: I'm going Jalen Carter, the second year's standout is going to rock that chinchilla or that mink or whoever it was May and maybe he goes Alan iverson Jersey, or even better, he.
Speaker 2: Goes doctor J And I'm Peter.
Speaker 9: I think I'm right about this, and I'll see you halfway the D line, brother, But I think you have to have a tie to that last parade. I think it's Brandon Graham. I think it's Brandon Graham, and he has the personality he was on that last team he was teammates with Long.
Speaker 2: He's d lined. He would really really make it look cool.
Speaker 9: I think that's your guy right there, and I wish there were DraftKings odds on this fun top.
Speaker 2: However, I love this. I would really love to, like really weigh in.
Speaker 9: I think it's Brandon Graham, although I'm gonna I'm gonna indulge myself.
Speaker 2: I also have a dark horse.
Speaker 9: I think Brandon Graham is the favorite, and maybe we can all agree that he might be the betting favorite.
Speaker 2: My dark horse also was at the last parade. I know what I think Jake Elliott has.
Speaker 9: A sense of humor on I think The Kicker is a funny guy and he picked his spots to show it, and I think he probably listens to Chris Chris Long's pod.
Speaker 2: It maintains a relationship.
Speaker 9: That is My dark horse pick is the Kicker, which is kind of a funny joke and image.
Speaker 2: He shows up with the front love it and it's a kicking sumer ball. That's right, he was great. Those are good now.
Speaker 11: I don't even think mine would even compare to those. Those are really good. One I would like to see Saquon Barkley just for the heck of it get swallowed up in a big and a big old chinchilla. But Cam Jurgens might be because you know what Jason Kelcey did with the murmur outfit was like, come on, man, that was your guy. I mean, no one's gonna forget that. So maybe he's trying to do his own thing. So I just could see Cam going out there and saying, Yo, can I throw that chinchilla? I just I just want to stand out a little bit. I might cook a little bit on the mic and become the next favorite.
Speaker 3: I'm just throw that up to bring a full circle from where we started this conversation. I think in order to hide the fact that he isn't going to be drinking any beer and he isn't going to be falling off of the parade floats, why can't Jalen Hurst.
Speaker 4: Just walk it?
Speaker 3: I think the chinchilla with a cigar, I think that's a great look. And he can just wear his sunglasses and a swoop earrings and he can be an absolute boss. He looks like got the American gangster. Yeah, Frank Lucus, that would be a good look. We love you, Chris Long, We love that jacket and my god, we love Philadelphia today because you're giving us all the content and conversations that we wanted on gmt B the.
Speaker 4: Friday of Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: We look at the mornies, look at how Housman so good.
Speaker 2: Jalen hurts.
Speaker 4: Jalen hurts just standing there. No, he loves it. Coming up, the Eagles are set to celebrate throw. We're going to make our predictions.
Speaker 3: What we think is going to happen beyond who is going to be wearing.
Speaker 4: The fur.
Speaker 9: And of course we here good Morning Football only respect faux fur coats of animals. We embrace animals, We protect animals. If it was to be a real for a coach, we would throw red paint at it on the street. Plus, we have another top ten list for you, Peter.
Speaker 6: What is the someb ten plays of the year regular season and playoffs? The individual plays, not the most meaningful, not the ones that you'll never forget. This is the best individual plays. We saw all see it, and it was put together by our producers and our talent here on the show.
Speaker 2: Let's see how it all goes down, our producer.
Speaker 9: So it'll be all Eagles plays.
Speaker 2: And there's our producers. Right there, Hi, Mark.
Speaker 9: Grillo, Hey Grillo, Gina, Bill Henschel, Is that you shirtless?
Speaker 2: You'll love that?
Speaker 6: Good Morning football, Welcome back to GMFB. Just as the MVP Award is voted on by a panel of fifty voters, the top ten plays of the twenty twenty four season has been a GMFB mainstay since we started.
Speaker 2: As a show.
Speaker 6: We have a crew of panelists, voters, and many different voices chiming in, but you, the fans, are the ones that we care most about. No further ado, Here are the top ten plays of twenty two by voted on by our show and it's creators, and we want to hear from you.
Speaker 2: And then we got it right.
Speaker 12: Enjoy play action for Jackson. Pump Jackson steps on the brakes, extending the play, throws end zone touchdown, Isaiah Likely, Lamar Jackson making magic in h town.
Speaker 13: Nobody can get Lamar Jackson on the ground. You allowed Isaiah Likely to run. I'm not even sure what that route is. It's about four change of directions and you just can't stress your coverage. It's just truly remarkable the level in which Lamar Jackson could play.
Speaker 2: Big play here trying to go up top for it, wants to run for it. Jimmy wants to go into his legs. He's trying to find Leason's there.
Speaker 14: So now he's got to throw it deep to the end zone.
Speaker 2: And was that caught?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 14: Tight, shockson, scraps it off the ground, above the ground for the touchdown.
Speaker 2: Want a throw and cats and at his feet. Never touched out of bounds. It's really close.
Speaker 14: Looks like he's got a hand underneath it.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness, here's Barkley a little shovel looking for it.
Speaker 2: And it's again, says Saint Quon Barkley.
Speaker 15: First down, Barkley, sat Quan touchdown. I feel like I've watched this every single.
Speaker 2: Week watching him play.
Speaker 15: Shin can't get him on the ground, Martin can't get him on the ground.
Speaker 13: Nobody gets Saquan on the ground again.
Speaker 16: Fourth and one and a rumo saying, get over the top of Sutton burden.
Speaker 10: The block and next we'll throwing it is it is.
Speaker 2: Cod touchdown, touchdown, Man's.
Speaker 15: Cut the ball, movin mans caught the ball touched Denver.
Speaker 10: What I play by Bonix and what an incredible catch by Marvin Mims.
Speaker 14: Now look at pitching it he does to Cook.
Speaker 17: Oh he reaches across touchdown Buffalo.
Speaker 14: Who should we get the ball to gotta beat Jimbo Cook won a second efforts.
Speaker 2: Look at this, the hand hits it, but he's not down there in effort.
Speaker 14: That's a touchdown.
Speaker 18: Eighty five percent of targets to shit here completed.
Speaker 2: Its just behind Cooper running in pitched it by talent.
Speaker 15: Who's gonna spectacular touchdown?
Speaker 17: Oh my burness, it is showtime in Buffalo.
Speaker 8: Hooley poor Man, rush rush, end zone and Wilson hitting one handed in state in bounds. Ten years ago in this ballpark on the other side of the field, Odell Beckham made one of the great one handed grabs of all time. And tonight it doesn't get any better than this. That is as good a catch as you'll see.
Speaker 14: Comes down to one last play, and it's gonna be getting longer by the second.
Speaker 2: You're all the way back at the thirty yard line. Now you can step into it.
Speaker 14: Here comes the hail Mary with the game on the line and the ball's hot.
Speaker 2: Gods, it's a miracle. It's doah Brown.
Speaker 17: Oh my goodness, this town is going crazy.
Speaker 14: Oh this one will be paid back over and over again for decades. The balls Hip by Stevenson Noah Brand, just standing back there all alone, plucks it out of the air for the victory.
Speaker 15: What a game, Jim, There are no works.
Speaker 2: Marnes drive to Turpin the box Stoos lives here. It comes DeVante Turpin, strimmering bird. Here he goes, that's just men.
Speaker 19: Come to the day.
Speaker 17: Turpin takes it over techdown Dallas ninety five yards, and this special teams adventure of a Sunday afternoon continues.
Speaker 14: Art A six for Philadelphia hurts as time Allow takes Parkley at the backfield.
Speaker 13: Parklin accepts two tackles, It picks up the first.
Speaker 2: Down to b up in the air to the three A gate.
Speaker 18: Of fourteen for Barkley, with some nifty moves along the way.
Speaker 20: Was that not the best fourteen yard game you've seen all season long? The amount of wolves we're here fixed the first confess to scoot at them, last second, Brendan Tiky you is that world?
Speaker 2: He turned around, it jumped over. We're giggling back here in New York. I know you're giggling back there in La.
Speaker 6: Those were our ten, but there are plenty we didn't include. Let's go to the honorable mentions, Jamie, the play that didn't make the list that you want to give a shout out to.
Speaker 2: What do you got?
Speaker 3: It's so easy to look at the back half of the season. I feel like it gets very playoff loaded, and rightfully so amazing plays are made there. So I have to take you all the way back to week two, which is why it's an honorable mention play. It's a play that amassed another ninety seven yards for Justin Jefferson. I'm biased, I know I'm taking it to the purple. It's a Sam Darnold Justin Jefferson touchdown connection against the forty nine ers from week two.
Speaker 4: It got me off my couch that.
Speaker 2: Day, shucking down nine. Donald getting messy, going deep and he's got jeffersonon. He's got jeffersonon.
Speaker 10: It's a foot race town field with brown shifting guns. Get the pofect six, Nani Suddy odes, Holy smokes, that's.
Speaker 17: What an excellent throw by Sam Donald putting it inside so he doesn't have to hesitate.
Speaker 2: And wait for it. You're right, that was a terrific throw.
Speaker 3: It was an awesome sign of things to come. For Vikings fans Sam Donald and Justin Jefferson. That was one of many throws and catches and receptions by Justin Jefferson that put him on Randy.
Speaker 4: Moss's lists throughout the year.
Speaker 3: And we love the connection between those two wide receivers for the Vikings off bar all the way back to week two.
Speaker 4: That's my honorable mention.
Speaker 11: That was a good one. I have one from early in this season as well. We saw that Lamar Jackson was in the number ten spot, but he gets an honorable mention spot on this one. Here, this is I'm gonna take in a Week five and Week five against the Cincinnati Bengals, I mean, Lamar Jackson just doing Lamar Jackson thing.
Speaker 2: Take a look. There's the back.
Speaker 10: Likely Emoshony bottles it scoops it in tacums at home.
Speaker 17: There comes Hubbard Hols throw him away like a rag doll, and.
Speaker 2: He throws in the end zone.
Speaker 10: Cut cut, third, touchdown, put thor.
Speaker 2: Touchdown by likely. Absolutely amazing.
Speaker 15: How in the world did he keep it together and then find.
Speaker 2: The open receiver? Oh, Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 11: I mean, and Kevin Harlan, you can just can hear the rule. You can can hear the excitement. But you know what was crazy about that one. It took me back a little bit to my childhood because you remember tech mobol, you know for those out there, the old school game, and sometimes you'd have to go back, back, back, back, back back. You just keep going back to make that one big play. And he did that in real life, like to go back ten to fifteen yards and then make a play life like that. It was crazy. From the box snap all the way to the end. Lamar Jackson keeps doing Lamar Jackson things.
Speaker 9: Also in Technoble, sometimes they would get a hold of you and you'd have to hit the buttons really really really fast, and then they would break it. And he kind of did that to the pass rush as well. We did the whole countdown and the number one was a fourteen yard catch from Saquon against the Jaguars, and I could not be more in supportive that getting the number one spot.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's I'm two men.
Speaker 9: There was the man I was before I saw that play, and then after I'm still not the same from when I've seen that. And here's my bottom line about that play is that there are many people in the league who are athletic and strong enough to pull that off. Like He's not one of one someone. There's a lot of guys who could turn around and jump if.
Speaker 2: They wanted to. It's the decision to do it.
Speaker 9: There's something in his beautiful brain told his body do this jump backwards. That is what separates him. It's not just the lower body strength and the jumping ability. He said, yeah, let's go. That's a crazy thing that's never happened before and maybe never happened again. I love that play, but one play I like equally as much.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 9: It was not a banner season for the Tennessee Titans. I have a Tennessee Titans highlight. The Tennessee Titans are on the clock right now, but they were on my radar in week fifteen when this happened.
Speaker 2: Roll it, bring it, do it, punch it. Joe Burrow, hold onto that ball.
Speaker 9: Uh oh, get out of the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those giant blue pants.
Speaker 9: Look at the sideline of the Titans.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 9: It reminds me of Keith Trailer in two thousand and one getting his hands on a Mark Brunell interception, except in this case it is to and Andre the Giant. We dubbed him hilarious image to the face and we love Tovandre. We did give him the anger run scepter. He did hilarious things with it. He was a total character. The Titans were great. Probably my favorite play doesn't involve Saque jumping backwards over somebody.
Speaker 2: How is this not on the top ten?
Speaker 9: Snub City, Peter Love City, Baby Blue.
Speaker 6: Cleats, No Less Mine is a play design and sometimes it takes months to make something happen, and this one was because they saw something used in another game, used by another team, and then the mad genius that was Ben Johnson said, Oh, I'm playing in Chicago where I would like to be the next head coach and their owner and GM and fans might be in the building. It was, of course the Jared Goff Jamiir Gibbs fake fall down play.
Speaker 2: Take a listen, get stumbled.
Speaker 14: After take a step but it doesn't matter, connects with the Florida for Aliance touchdown, and.
Speaker 18: I wonder if that was a trick play because now it looks intentional. You have Jamiir Gibbs faked falling, you have Jared Goff fake stumbling, and then all of a sudden, Laporta comes screaming out the other side for a touchdown. That was a nice trick play by Ben Johnson.
Speaker 2: A couple of.
Speaker 6: Weeks later, Ben Johnson would be hired as the next head coach of the Chicago Bears. To have the ability and the courage to call that in a blowout, no less, and to really execute it. Shout out to golf to gives Laporta, and of course to Ben Johnson, the man behind it all, who will now be coaching games in that building for the other team moving forward.
Speaker 3: This is the kind of conversation and list and frankly what could turn into arguments you would have at like an airport bar, Like remember the top ten players were really no, what about this one? What about that one? I am now reminded again that how dare any of us not just mention the two words that made one week in December so thrilling? And thanks again to Jim Harbaugh the free kick? How do we not have the free kick on the top plays of twenty twenty four?
Speaker 4: God bless our production booth.
Speaker 3: We love how fast we can search for things.
Speaker 4: This thing went down in history.
Speaker 3: The conversation that Harbaugh had and then led us into that. I saw it years ago and I just have waited here the awareness that that head coach has to have to just wait for this opportunity to come up against Kyle.
Speaker 4: How dare we? We had to get this on GMFB.
Speaker 9: That was great.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I loved the history of it.
Speaker 9: The last time it had been done it was also a Chargers kicker, but it was about fifty years ago. That's the kind of stuff we live for. We also have to do another segment in the off season, and we'll have plenty of time of just weirdest plays of twenty twenty four amable mentions because Peter, you were just showing the fake fall Lions versus Bears.
Speaker 2: We don't have video of this.
Speaker 9: Do you remember how the first Lions Bears game ended where the Bears ran out of time Thanksgiving time out? That was the strangest thing I have ever seen. They threw it, and it's just it's incomplete. In the games, they had a time out that they didn't use and then that was it for the coaching staff. But that'll be just a preview of top weirdest.
Speaker 2: Weirdest place. I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh, there was a joke there about like plays before coaches get let go.
Speaker 4: Well, we don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: Way to go. Also out of time, that's a clunky.
Speaker 3: I know, there it is everybody and.
Speaker 2: And still went twenty or four more yards after the jump. Do it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Fun goodness? All right, you know what time it is.
Speaker 11: It's time for the Way to Play Awards field by Gatorade. Now these awards recognize players who lead by example and impact the game by showing off proper technique on the field. Now we're closing out this season with a good one. The NFL Way to Play winner of Super Bowl fifty nine is rookie dB Cooper Dojene. Now let's take a look at his pick six.
Speaker 2: We all remember it. Take a look right here, Cooper Degene.
Speaker 11: You can see dropping into coverage, keeps his eye on Patrick Mahomes and is at the right place at the right time, and he does an amazing job of getting to the sideline, allowing his defenders, his defensive players to kind of help him on the side on But look at it again. I mean, this is just not only watching great film, but also to knowing where you're supposed to be. They say, great preparation leads to guess what perfect performance. This is a perfect performance by Cooper dejene I absolutely love it. He does this on his birthday on Super Bowl Sunday, number thirty three, showing great.
Speaker 2: Technique right there.
Speaker 11: You know what, that's the way to play, Cooper, that's the way to play your Super Bowl champion. Congratulations now for this way to play example, the NFL Foundation will award thousands of dollars of equipment grants through USA Football to benefit a youth or high school program.
Speaker 2: Selected by Coop.
Speaker 11: Yes, Cooper dejen oh mar Man, what a play man, what a birthday?
Speaker 21: Is amazing and according to Next Gen stats, it was the fastest the defender ran with the football in his hands this season. I have some information on Cooper's teammate, three time Pro Bowl guard Landon Dickerson, telling reporters Thursday that his left knee injury will require offseason surgery. Likely, Dickerson didn't reveal the exact nature of the injury. He was hurt during Philly's win over Washington in the NFC Championship Game, but he did go on to play in the Eagles win over the Chiefs in Super Bowl fifty nine last Sunday. Elsewhere, the Saints holding the introductory news conference your new head coach Kellen Moore Thursday. He said Derek Carr is a tremendous starting quarterback in this league, but was noncommittal in saying whether Carr would be No Orleans Week one starter. As for five time Pro Bowl running back Alvin Kamara, Moore said he has tons of respect for him as a player and indicated there was a future for him with the Saints. Meanwhile, the Jets announcing Thursday they're moving on from Aaron Rodgers. NF Network insider Ian Rappaport reports the move is expected to be designated as a post June first release for salary cap relief. Rogers working his way back from the torn Achilles he suffered just four snaps into his Jets debut in twenty twenty three, and managed to start all seventeen games for the team. Last season, he finished eighth in total passing yards and posted a twenty eight to eleven touchdown to interception ratio.
Speaker 22: While Super Bowl fifty nine was an amazing treat and.
Speaker 2: Of course highlighted by such.
Speaker 22: Great community work in New Orleans, and while so many eyes were on the Super Bowl. This past week, New Orleans played host to another incredibly meaningful event. Commissioner Roger Goodell and the family of Walter Payton partnered with the Boys and Girls Club of New Orleans to pay tribute to the Walter Peyton NFL Man of the Year nominees, including this year's winner, Eric Armstead.
Speaker 7: You're here today at the Boys and Girls Club here in New Orleans to honor the Walter Payton NFL Men of the Year. This weekend means so much to us as we honor my father, Walter Payton and his commitment to service. He would be so proud of these men that are standing for me today. The thirty two nominees represent the absolute best of the NFL.
Speaker 2: Please welcome the Walter Peyton Man of the Year, Eric Armstead.
Speaker 18: Eric's just an extraordinary young man who cares deeply about the youth, the commitment he has associates here in genuine He's everything that represents the Walter Payton Man of the Year Awards.
Speaker 19: It was really never about the award for me. I was going to do what we do as organization regardless. It's my responsibility to try to be a blessing to other people and do everything that we can to ensure that our communities are a better place.
Speaker 23: We wanted to show our kids that when they get older, they need to give back. And I think seeing the commissioner, all the NFL players, all the staff, everyone that came here to spend this special day with them, and I think that's a life changing experience.
Speaker 2: That's perfect.
Speaker 24: Yeah, so all decorating their own helmet, this is truly what it's all about. You You can just put a small on one kid's face to make a difference. That is a big deal. So this is really special being here today.
Speaker 2: If you don't have to throw professional ways for good. So how do you all from today? That's okay as long as you keep.
Speaker 19: Moving on and you'll be okay.
Speaker 7: We have a new room that we're super excited about this year, the Vision Board Room, which allows the kids to sit down talk with the players about where they want to be in life.
Speaker 16: And is one of my teammates. But he's won a Super Bowl. So this picture of d is a Super Bowl champion. So I visited myself be in a Super channel one.
Speaker 17: Days at Ryan Chander.
Speaker 2: You got to check that out.
Speaker 19: I believe that we're all more alike than we are different, and I believe that all of us have the power to be the change that we want to see in our society.
Speaker 7: My dad always said his greatest legacy would really be the impact that he left out people's lives, and to see the guys wanting to follow in his footsteps, you would be so proud. I know, Sweetness is smiling down for sure.
Speaker 2: Good morning football.
Speaker 3: They've been lining up since three four, five o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: Eagles fans know how to do it right.
Speaker 3: The Philadelphia Eagles bringing Lombardi Trophy down the streets of Philadelphia to end at the steps and hear from everybody. Peter, you got a quick Super Bowl parade prediction for the day?
Speaker 6: I do, buteneric They all time legend from the Eagles was caught once having a cigar and a cigarette in his hand at once. I have since seen many Eagles show this in like postgame celebrations. My prediction the Eagles as a group, all of them are gonna go cigar cigarette and really be an influence.
Speaker 2: To all of our kids as they drink here.
Speaker 9: Well, I, Peter, I think that's a great note. I think we mentioned this earlier in the show. I think that Lane Johnson will reference Jason Kelsey's speech, specifically the part of Jason Kelsey's spech when you said Lane Johnson can't lay off the juice. I think there'll be a joke or a line about it. And I don't have the picture, but someone just tweeted this to me. At the Stolfo Funeral Home, which is in Philadelphia on Broad Street. It's a funeral home and they got parade people running past.
Speaker 2: It and everything.
Speaker 9: The funeral home held has a banner hanging from it that says rip chiefs.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm my gosh, you guys. That is dark, dark humor. But I've got a respect it. The funeral home cracking people up. That's a good one.
Speaker 11: You know what, what if Brandon What if Brandon Graham retires. I'm predicted that that probably could happen. It says, you know what, I've got the largest audience right here. I might as well do it big. You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna do it on my term with everybody who cares about the Philadelphia Eagles right here in the city.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 11: How about that turned into a nice little celebratory retirement sign off.
Speaker 3: I always like how many people get to win their final game of their career just go off into the sunset. I always think that would be the ultimate mic dropics and you don't have to answer any questions on the back end about how and the why and are you going to do it now?
Speaker 4: And I think that'd be really cool for BG. I want to see.
Speaker 3: This would probably ensue chaos, but I don't really care. I want to see one of those bud light trucks on its side. I think that thing, guys, is to get empty, and I think it want needs to get flipped.
Speaker 4: And I think it's just like just on.
Speaker 3: Three am tomorrow, you just think that the streets are just riddled and it's empty, and it's not because the driver.
Speaker 4: Did anything, David, it's because.
Speaker 3: People have flipped it from the tires. Come on now, people in my ear? All right, well, prey predictions. That's happening today in Philadelphia. Big shout out to PhD to slip the truck and lit it before we take a week off after this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, protect the museum at all costs.
Speaker 15: There a bunch of underdomes and you know what under dogs is. It's a hungry dome and Jeff Staalin has had this in our building for five years.
Speaker 2: It's a quote in the old.
Speaker 15: Line rum that has stood on the wall for the last five years. Hungry dolls run fast.
Speaker 2: And that's this team.
Speaker 6: Hot line is.
Speaker 2: We wanted it more.
Speaker 15: All the players, all the coaches, the front office, Jeffrey Laurie, everybody wanted it more. And that's why we're up here today, and that's why we're the first team in Eagles history to hold that freaking trouble.
Speaker 3: And his voice is still recovering. Lemon hot water, Honey, that'll help you out right, Kelsey. That is a moment in time that you will never get back and it will stand forever.
Speaker 4: Peter, We as.
Speaker 3: A collective get to take the week off next week and then when we be back to talk free agency and combine.
Speaker 4: What are you doing with your time off?
Speaker 6: My friend, I'm just taking a few days with the family. We're going to enjoy some sundown in Florida. But I bet you this, Jamie, there will be a moment during next week where I'm getting a call about Aaron Rodgers, I'm getting a call about Matthew Stafford and I'm getting a call about Shader, Sanders and cam Ward. The next time we see you guys on the air will be the week after next and it's the NFL Draft scouting Combine and we start this whole thing all over again.
Speaker 2: But Jamie, I'm good. I'm happy. Kyle. We had a great season here in New York. What are you up to?
Speaker 9: Well, I'm just grinding tape, like, I'm going right to the All twenty two into the darker.
Speaker 2: The coach's tape. I'm going to break down All thirty two tape, bro Arizona State, all of it.
Speaker 9: Peter, I'm doing it. I'm Scattabo is my guy. I still have him at number one on my big board. But I want to also debrief on all the teams we just watched all I haven't seen games all thirty two teams. I will watch all of them, and if you can find me, I'll be in my dark room. That's it that the grind never stops, sockbar not.
Speaker 2: For me, Damn. Yeah, I mean that's that's it right there.
Speaker 11: Okay, Yeah, I ain't doing that, but I will say though, like this is the first, my first season, and it was such a cool experience to be able to go through this entire process to now to get to this point and.
Speaker 2: Go, oh, get the week off. Yep.
Speaker 11: I'm going to go to Florida too with the with the Yeah, so we might end up crossing each other, like yo is that ock bar?
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 11: But then I'm only gonna be there for a couple of days and I'm gonna probably hop over to the Bamas.
Speaker 2: Man. But it's been so real, man, it's been really really cool. Yeah. Yeah, so I'm looking forward to it. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: I just found out, like I feel like I just moved to Los Angeles. I had an eight week old when I arrived the show started, and I'm like, I'm gonna enjoy California because I feel like I haven't had a minute to do that since I got here.
Speaker 4: So I'm not gonna go anywhere. I'm not gonna do anything. I'm gonna not talk to anybody.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do with Kyle brand Dos, delete some apps off my phone and that's yeah.
Speaker 2: I've got some great cities too.
Speaker 11: You know what, you should hit up my neighborhood first, go vacation in Crenshaw.
Speaker 4: I will do that. That's the exact and then I'm going to go to the Philadelphia. Here we going, JMRB. We love you.
Speaker 3: Everybody enjoyed the day