Speaker 1: Big Fox Entertainment presents The Rick Butchers Show with Speedy Greg Butchers, Edie Van Adler, and Rick Butchers.
Speaker 2: Let's go America. I see o Sark, Alabama. I say, hey, we're in the house and we're ready. James Kinnop is ready. He's not bragging. That's just what happened. Rigland, Mississippi. Ready, Mount bol John Mama, I's ready, Greensboro, North Carolina, Ready, South Carolina Ready. Young Harris is ready and see him then Bearcats are ready. Tomorrel, Trenton, Georgiamorrow, Mississippi, Lamb Shop in Union, Mississippi. Man in Hartsville, Philadelphia, Mississippi. A town On Alabama, Detroit, Rock City, the marvelous Oh Brow, Cold Water, Let's know it, Alamo, Tennessee.
Speaker 3: What up.
Speaker 2: From your America? Scream back? You're ready? I see you, Louisville, Kentucky. Pss Cola.
Speaker 4: I said, look down there today, Here.
Speaker 2: We go America. A new Rick Burgers Show with Speedy Greg and Afla. As you heard the great Ken Osborne, who by the way, is traveling to watch family members graduates. Graduations are going on everywhere. We welcome you to another hour on another day. We have so much to do going forward on the program, Man, are you ready testing one to check? We are ready one? Two, All MIC's are hot.
Speaker 5: I wonder if the great voice ken osburn is you think he's gonna bark at graduation.
Speaker 2: I'd like to hear that, bar well, I bet ken osbe shake the room, shake, shake, shake the room. So we do have a lot to uncover today. We want to get your phone calls in here at eight eight eight, the number six big vox we have you know, of course, hay Burds hay Birds lined up today the text Nation and you heard them. They're loud. Uh, they're ready to go. They'll be chiming in as we go forward.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And we do have some updates. The NFL has decided it was close vote on the Tush push and aiding the runner. Yes, very close vote, very very close. Got tense, they say, got tents. People got mad about it on both sides of it.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: And surprisingly to me it it stays that was prizing to me, I thought the one thing they said, and I am glad that somebody finally said this, because I think so many times we react to things and somebody says, is there really any foundation for what we're claiming, and everybody goes no, but we feel like there is. And one of the things I kept hearing on the reporting yesterday because I was interested in this because you know, I may not ever brought this up. I played little ball? No have I mentioned that? Really? Have I mentioned that at or do you know that? Have I mentioned that?
Speaker 7: You what?
Speaker 2: I played a little ball?
Speaker 8: What do you mean by that? I've never heard you say that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, well, yes, a little bit all County Junior. I don't want to get into that. But so aiding the runner was once against the rules, and it was obvious why it was against the rule because if you've got the runner stopped and then his team runs up and gets behind him and keeps pushing him for the three yards that you stopped him from getting to that father, that's I don't like that at all. Now, see they make it all around this quarterback sneak. But but it's bigger than that. I don't care about the quarterbacks neik thing. What I don't like is when we grab runners and pull them into the end zone. Yeah yeah, are we stop a guy who just caught him out and we stop him he's three yards short and his team runs. Everyone pushes in three yards for the first down. See, I just think that's bad football, and correct me if I'm wrong. And this is on I think college m pro level. They never officially changed that rule. They just quit calling it right on the dragging the guy or pushing the guy. They just quit calling whether like if you allowed the tush push, then you have to allow this because I think from this maybe I don't know gren I'm just saying. I remember all of a sudden we started pushing and pulling people, and I thought, when did we get to do that? And well they changed. I think they changed the rule. I thought they just said they just quit calling it. But but here I don't know. But however it happened, it did change. We are yeah, used to be a penalty. I mean they call it in a second, if you remotely touched the runner as an offensive lineman, they call the penalty. But now they don't. But but back to why they said that this narrative that had been developed that it was causing more injuries. They said they could not substantiate that. They looked at the research and said, we don't see it's causing any injuries at all, so if you want to change it, you're gonna have to find another reason. You're gonna have to have another reason, ain't it. My reason is I just think it's I think it's bad football because I don't like being able to aid the runner, pulling and pushing a runner that the defense has stopped the forward progress. I don't. I don't. I just think that's bad.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't mind the quarterback sneak. I'm talking more on the other parts of the field. The you know, the quarterback sneak thing, I can live with. But you know, but but again, you've got aiding the runner. It's almost like, you know, because the players are always going to go further than you intended. You're like, well, we just intended for the short yardage play. We didn't intend for you to grab a running back and start running backward with him, dragging him for more yardage. That's what But that's what they do. And you know why they do it, because well that's it within the rooks.
Speaker 5: That would be tough to if you're a referee running in you know, like, okay, when do I when do I blow this whistle? Well, that's why you have to know has he had the has he stopped moving or is he not progress stopped? And okay if you let the if you don't blow the whistle, now they just going to keep pushing. Or you know, is his forward momentum? How long do you wait before you blow the whistle?
Speaker 2: Because in the days when you couldn't aid the runner, it was easy to run in and say his his forward progress has stopped. Yeah, but now, like you said, how do you know?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like if it stops for one second, but then he gets another push and they keep going.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's after his retirement. Jason Kelsey said, I don't miss that play, No, not one bit, No, not at all. Yeah, like being put in a car wreck, car crusher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they said that they couldn't that they there was They did not find any evidence that it was going to come up with. Yeah, I didn't realize, but it only passed by two votes by the way, Oh wow, I didn't realize the on side kick had changed last year. First of all, you have to declare it, but you could only do it in the fourth quarter. Now you can do it any quarter. Okay, they changed that room. But you must be trailing people from text nation going where would Dad be on this, you know Dad, I don't know. Dad would let me tell you he would be. He would probably fight for the rule not to change, but then once it once it did not get the votes, you better not ever complained about it again and use it as an excuse. He would say, well, if you got to find a way to stop them in the subject his style of ball, that would have probably fit in Oh yeah yeah. But on defense, on the defense, he would tell the defense to quit winding about it and stop them. That's what he would say. Why don't we break their will to continue? This is what he would say, because if you remember, the Bills tried it two or three times in the playoff game, and that's right. They're not as good as the Eagles at it. They didn't make it.
Speaker 5: Now, So adly you brought up Jason Kelce apparently the Eagles owner, because you know, this was all brought up by the Packers. They wanted it to stop, and the Eagles owner brought Jason Kelsey into the meeting with all the other owners to explain why the tush push should be kept in the game, and and the Packers official rule change proposal that failed. It says and that the language is the would have prohibited an offensive player from pushing a teammate who was lined up directly behind the snapper and receiving the snap immediately at the snap. The proposal added that a penalty would be assessed by any offensive player who violated the rule. And that's what they were voting on, which is the tush push. But the language was, Hey, where they're lined up, they directly behind the center.
Speaker 2: If it would have passed, you'd had a version, But you couldn't line up a certain way, right, you can still try to do it. Yeah, so it stands. That's that's how football is. So Dad would immediately shift into defenses. Stop whining, and we'll find a way to stop it. And we need to be physical enough to stop it no matter what they do. That's that's where he would eventually go, Yeah, and that'd be the end of it, and you would never be allowed to bring it up on the team again.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: If I come across a rugby game, I'm normally I normally stopped.
Speaker 2: This is rugby as well, getting the scrum? Can you can you though? In rugby? Can you go pull a player down the field out there? I don't know it just maybe just the initial and like I said, if that was all it was, but see now it's extent, it's extended to this. Other than that just looks ridiculous, right, you know, And it just seems but again, anything that's going to aid offense football is gonna keep voting for sure, because they think the fans lack points and they like offenses to move the ball lot.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: So there you go. We'll be back. And uh and then also you uh you mentioned to me when we got here that the coach's owner, yes, died in his sleep. Yeah, just sixty five yesterday afternoon. Yeah, ers, is that right, says Ursery Ursa. We'll be back.
Speaker 1: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 2: The fight is not over America. This is the worst thing we can do as conservatives is thinking, well, we've got it, We've done. Uh, there's there's no way. The left is They love power. Oh my goodness, I tell you what they're mad about. Why they're screaming, yelling, rolling around in the floor like some toddler. The reason why they're doing that is they can't believe that we, the American people, took power away from them. They can't believe it and they're not just gonna go away. That's why Blaze TV exists and why it's more valuable and more important than even before, because now we got we gotta be ready. We you know how to when you're winning, you've got to go ahead and and put your foot on the throat of the opponent, not literally but figuratively. And you've got to continue to move this country in the direction that we know is best. Even they'll even benefit. But we can't give up. And Blaze TV keeps you informed on what's really going on. What do we say here at the Rick Burgess Show, broadcasting from the real world, Well, Blaze TV informing you from the real world. Well, we've got investigative journalism to be sure, keeping the government in check, documentaries shedding light into the deep state. Why they haven't hired Adler to do solo work for them yet, I don't know, because he and Blaze TV are screaming to us, never give up. We must continue to put this country back inside the constitution, and we must continue to give the people of this country the original intent maximum liberty, maximum liberty so we all can achieve our maximum potential. BlazeTV dot Com slash Rick subscribe today twenty dollars off the annual plan Blaze TV. It is unfiltered, it's unafraid and its own demand.
Speaker 1: The man. You remove the phrase what's your new from society weak?
Speaker 2: Just doing my parts, doing my park, doing my part. We're working our way back from Texnation text nation. This has nothing to do with college football. They vote their own stuff. This is just the NFL. So some people are saying it's the college and high school that pull players. The NFL doesn't allow the pulling. Is that true? I don't know, but you can push, So there we go. Also, Greg was telling me I did not know this Ada or you may find this interesting as well, that Indianapolis coach owner Jim Ursay, who died last night at the age of sixty five. You know, I'm looking, first of all, before I get to this interesting tidbit that Greg has think. I want you to think about this. When he bought the Colts in nineteen seventy two when they were still in Baltimore. Do you know how much he paid for him twelve million dollars. Wow, twelve million dollars there worth billions now, and he moved the team. We know in eighty four, everybody was furious. If you've never seen that documentary, it's an incredible documentary. I mean he brings in the moving trucks and moves them out in the middle of the night to Indianapolis, where they remain today. He was a general manager of the team from eighty two to ninety six. Was the youngest owner at the age of thirty seven. Wow. So so anyway, he had had several health issues over the years. Did not know this battle drug and alcohol addiction? Did you think? Did you remember that? I did not. Greg said he looked like he took a drink once, admitting that he had been to rehab at least fifteen times. Oh wow, fifteen man, good, that's tough. Good night. He's had twenty six surgeries over the last seven years. Wow. So he was not exactly in the prime of health. So he also was arrested in twenty fourteen. Do you remember that pleaded guilty to operating while intoxic case? I remember that six game suspension five hundred thousand dollars. Fine, hallou So. His running the day to day operations was said. He won two hundred and fifty eight games, fourth most in the NFL. How about that won ten division titles, went one in one in Super Bowls, and made the playoffs eighteen times. Ersay died last night at the age of sixty five, and Adler Grake had a little tidbit. He's got this. He was a collector of everything from he's really into music and vintage guitars, and he's guy's called the Jim Ersey Collection. It goes on tour and they set up display as you come and usually it ends with the he even gets something plays with a band, and he would have like people like Tom Petty and different people like that perform. But this collection is not just let me give you one of the pop culture actually has the volleyball. Wilson from Castaway, he does. Yeah, he's got a golden ticket from Willie Walkern and chocolate Factory, the original and just I mean, it's got music, it's got pop culture. It's got all kinds of American history stuff like president's their chairs and just all kinds of John F.
Speaker 5: Kennedy's rocking chair. Now do you think I know how you are with this stuff? Do you think it's all that you think?
Speaker 2: Wilson, He's probably got enough clout and money that he might could get the real one. Okay, but so you you're not going to doubt the authenticity of his of his volleyball. I mean to be hard to. I mean somebody could call him out checking taking me buying it from you know, this is you know, going down here at the Oxford Civic Center. I'm having just playing somebody. He paid for over four million dollars for Kurt Cobain's guitar that he had, and all them he had. Wow, And look at him and he's got all kinds of stuff traveling museum Yes, huge.
Speaker 10: Wow.
Speaker 2: Did not know this about Jim or something? I like a lot of collection. That is quite a collect he's got like Muhammad Ali's. I think it's his shoes from the Thriller in Vanilla, the shoes he wore. And you're not doubting in this because his of his clouts. Yeah he's got Yeah, he get checked out.
Speaker 8: Wow, WBC Championship Belt, Boxing, Boxing Championship belt, all kinds of stuff.
Speaker 5: I've heard this story that Text Nation who would get up their belt on Peyton Manning and drafting him. I don't know, Greg, if you feel like this is true not? But I have heard this. I've heard this too, that Peyton Manning told him this is why he drafted him, that he would win him a championship, and if he passed on him, then he would spend his life making sure that he wished he had drafted.
Speaker 2: That's good. Now was he lived up with it? Was it Peyton who refused to go is Eli for San Diego? Which one was it? That was the first round draft pick? And they did the whole He wouldn't play for San Diego. Okay, I knew it was a man. So San Diego picks him and then trades him to New York for Philip Rivers. Yeah, okay, so that your door is going to do that. Also, people are saying, if we can find it Adler, that that that hurts, Jalen hurts, and Charles Barkley is it? Yeah. When I first saw Barkley, I think of Charles now pitching Barkley is a running back. It'd be tough. I thought, I thought, why is Charles? Why is Charles on the Tonight show talking about the Toush push? But it could happen? Uh? But that they they were on the Tonight Show discussing it and they said it was a pretty funny conversation. So well, we'll see on that. Uh hey, I do want to pass this along if you if you're in tax trouble out there America. Uh So, by the way, I got some sort of unexpected refund from the US government yesterday, something to do with disaster areas, and and so I don't overpaid, and you know what it's I'll take it. They still came out way ahead this year on me, but but I'll take it. The US Tax Shield right now is saying, if you're in a bye you don't want to be in the crosshairs of our largest collection agency, which is the IRS. Can they take your business yes, Can they take your land yes? Can they garnish your wages yes? And so if you owe them ten thousand dollars or more and it's keeping you awake at night, why don't you use US tax Shield. Their tax attorneys, enrolled agents can stop collections and get you protected. You need to take control of your financial future, you need some help, then talk to US tax Shield.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 2: There's no obligation to use them. They're A plus rated with the Better Business Bureau. Call them today one eight hundred seven six' nine seven three four, zero or you can also just go to the. Link we have the phone numbers there and all the information At Rick burgessshow dot com under. Sponsors, okay let's get this. Done let's get on the bus and stop being drugg back by the, bus get your life back one eight seven six nine seven three four zero Or rick burgesshow dot com FOR us tax. Shield so so we got that. Clip, yeah let's see if you won't see if it's any Count, now this is just Tax, NATION i mean the Text. NATION i haven't looked at.
Speaker 8: IT i have it, either BUT i don't think they would say. Anything it's On NETWORK tv right here we.
Speaker 2: Go, OKAY i hear it came up with their own name for.
Speaker 6: It, yeah the brotherly s of The Touch, push all these different.
Speaker 2: Things it's it's not. That it's not.
Speaker 8: That, OKAY i take god, too because.
Speaker 12: WHEN i got, THERE i known that The Touch, push BUT i didn't know if that's what be. Called BUT i thought it was called, that and it's not called The. Touchbush, actually, no what.
Speaker 2: Is your role in the in the quote unquote Touch.
Speaker 12: PUSH i THINK i have the easiest, job to be, HONEST i Think i'm the one who pushes the touch.
Speaker 8: That's, fine called the touchbush, though call it.
Speaker 2: That he said he thought it was about he find out that what the name and that the unfortunate was not the. Name brotherly. Sho jalen just sitting there Saying Brotherly shove is much. Better that's a. Fun, yeah that's much. Better, Yeah, yeah that's much. Better, okay we'll be back bottom of the.
Speaker 5: Hour if y'all could create a traveling collection that you would show, off what would what would it?
Speaker 7: Be?
Speaker 2: FOOD i can, UNLIMITED i could get. ANYTHING i won't, right, yeah.
Speaker 5: But you collected and you ride around and people can.
Speaker 2: PAY i would just get a little box called. Things greg l is.
Speaker 1: The Rick Burgess, show the man who has never been fashionably late to, Anything Rick.
Speaker 2: Burgess, okay thanks for being with us, Today. America Yesterday's Wednesday Bible Study job chapter fourteen now available on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel if you didn't catch it and you'd like to go check that. Out so that's. There coming up this, weekend episode three Of tales from The Camp house The Burgess Bass battle that coming to the YouTube channel this. Weekend so enjoying Your Memorial day weekend On Memorial, day it'll Be Rick Burgess show, Replace it'll be hours from past shows and as of, tomorrow as of, tomorrow it will be show one hundred. One we'll hit our one hundredth show one tomorrow and during these first one hundred, days we will lay out all the things that have. Happened we have been getting after it now before we get to this speedy h we. Were and, look we don't mean to. Read just anything that pops up on Text, nation pops up in the YouTube chat, room comes in on the email random. Caller so we didn't chase this, yesterday but somebody threw up that in THE u threw up on the text. Nation adler can see the YouTube chat. Room we can't see it. That there seemed to be some sort of narrative going That larry the Patch man had to go to the E. R, Yeah larry the patch, GUY i think had to go to the doctor the doctor yesterday for what. REASON i don't.
Speaker 8: KNOW i CAN'T i can't figure.
Speaker 2: It, okay seems to be did he come back and start engaging? Again is he?
Speaker 8: Okay my lap still stings a, lot.
Speaker 2: Lap, Larry larry the Patch man said to said to the to the tubers right in the chat. Room my lap still.
Speaker 8: Stings see this chat, ROOM i have that right. Lap this chat room is so hard to really keep track of what's going. On a lot of Times i'm just checking in, quick who is the audio video? Good and is it you? Know is there no spam going? Crazy that's really All i'm really checking to. See Uh and BUT i did SEE i went to the hospital AND i was maybe there for an hour with ice in my. Lap that's All. Larry that's What larry said this, Morning larry the patch collector.
Speaker 5: Man so Text nation is confirming according to, somebody according.
Speaker 2: To the Text. Nation you don't know that they. Know i'm just saying what you. Say he was burnt with. Coffee he poured hot coffee in his.
Speaker 8: Lap, YEAH i, spilled he just, COMMENTED i spilled coffee in my. Lap larry call, Us.
Speaker 2: Yeah we we have to.
Speaker 8: Lamp what's my?
Speaker 9: Lap?
Speaker 2: Okay, OKAY i mean what did they? DO i, mean, Sorry, larry glad you on the legs our? Legs are we talking or are we? Talking are we? Talking if if If larry's lap was you know a? Target? Yeah did the coffee hit bulls? Out see If i'm here And i'm going, yeah it's it's top of. Thigh it trickled into the critch, area or he'd have bought some from somebody, else or was IT i don't. Know we're talking drive through. Coffee we're talking About carolyn had it on the in the. Pot what are we?
Speaker 8: Talking he spilled hot coffee in his?
Speaker 2: Lap, yeah that's just, Well, LARRY i hope you're, okay AND i hate, that but that that kind of spooked us when it came up, here so we didn't bring it up in case it was something really, serious and plus we didn't know if it was even. True i'm gonna regret regret bringing this up. Speedy how would he sound when they actually fell Into why would you do? That BUT i do need to hear. It it's off of. It, no we're doing this because we know he's. Okay how about? This when did you say that we know he's? Okay we don't know that, WELL i mean he's. Chatting he's chatting a little quick to. This, yeah BUT i had to hear. IT i mean it must have been bad if he got in the car and went to the emergency. Room, okay some people there. Threat do you find it interesting That larry That larry now tells the tubers before he tells us.
Speaker 5: Things he just, commented, AGAIN i just poured it from the, pot.
Speaker 8: Straight FROM i dropped, it he, said he dropped.
Speaker 2: It what a good one from? Textaation good, goodness, gracious great balls of. Fire, yes that's a great.
Speaker 8: One that's.
Speaker 2: Good it's a little, quake but it's. Good.
Speaker 8: YEAH i, MEAN i know in coffee you're roasting some. Beans but that's.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous, okay don't join, in don't join. IN i wonder if the hospital gave him a, patch you know how a lot of.
Speaker 8: Do you have any?
Speaker 2: PATCHES i wonder if if the house called on fall covered with that. PATCH i wonder if the house is going to need a. Patch i'm just.
Speaker 5: SAYING i just wonder if if the house caught on, Fire, like did the front bedroom burn or was he just the back of the.
Speaker 2: House but that's WHAT i was the, Yard, yeah did the yard get?
Speaker 6: It?
Speaker 2: YEAH i used it to spill over into another, house. Right oh. BOY i was using the target, analogy but that analogy works as. WELL i was using the target anag but yours. Works JUST i just.
Speaker 5: Wondered you, know because sometimes you can start a fire in the kitchen and and and it doesn't spread to the. Den that's, True, Larry why are you not calling?
Speaker 2: Us does he? Does he not want to talk about? It and if he, does he can't? Die, okay if he, doesn't that's, fine all, Right well wait in His, labrick for eats, sake, which by the, way who wants? That? Nobody?
Speaker 8: Right all, Right i'm gonna put a coffee being roast level on your little graph, here and Then larry can let us know is he is it was it, raw, light medium or?
Speaker 2: Dark that's. Good that's.
Speaker 8: Good that way we could keep it.
Speaker 5: Coffee speaking of all, THIS i see Where Don dae didn't bring his, peanuts but.
Speaker 2: Covering From i'm just saying he was ranting about it didn't Bring that's, Hilarious, Larry, okay, now Don day we done's not bringing peanuts at the. Moment these guys working work his. Way you were hoping back surgery, kidneys just Saying gregg maybe he could have. Her, OKAY i hope he's. Okay. Larry are you? Okay? Larry are you? Okay?
Speaker 10: Rick?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Larry are you? Okay?
Speaker 10: Yeah i'm. Trying it's just a, lot.
Speaker 2: Oh, budd it just.
Speaker 8: Stings i'll.
Speaker 2: Stop Let larry. Talk we'll see what. Happens what, Happened, Larry.
Speaker 4: Uh a pile of coffee and set it. Down, tiger our cat not get over in my?
Speaker 2: Lap golly, cat cat?
Speaker 8: Cat how many counts are?
Speaker 2: YOU i told you if it meant a, dog a dog that had never done that to, you never done that to. You, well what did they say at the hospital? Us how bad are you?
Speaker 1: Hurt? Larry and is?
Speaker 10: Red i'm? Okay the Doctor jay B Pine, Okay.
Speaker 2: LARRY i got so many. Questions we have, questions And i'm going to handle this, gingerly which you know everything is you can relate to you right? Now sure upper? Thighs did? It did it get in any other areas that would be in the lap?
Speaker 13: Region right to the crick, Itself, Larry, Larry, larry poor.
Speaker 2: Doctor you got to burnt, Crutch, larry he, said dead sinner the crotch?
Speaker 8: Itself he?
Speaker 9: Did he?
Speaker 2: DID i bet, That, Larry what did you? Do that's a LITTLE.
Speaker 4: I waited until the show went off BEFORE i went to the.
Speaker 2: House that may be the name of our FIRST CD i gotta ask you a, question did were what were you wearing when it? Happened and Was carolyn there with? You or do you have to scream for? Help?
Speaker 10: Now carolyn was sitting here right with? Me HOW i had? On was my?
Speaker 11: Boxers oh my, God oh my.
Speaker 2: Goodness, kids you need a sprinkler system, There. Larry if it had just been a fast food, place you could have sued them from. Millions, Stupid you ain't got no. Money not forget you didn't getting, none none of. Him, no but.
Speaker 10: Thank you life for resking how it.
Speaker 2: Was, well of, course we hope you're. Okay, Yeah so you're telling me you're gonna be on the. Sideline, Yeah, greg you're telling me that you had a pair of boxer shortswn listening to the, show fixed a pot of. Coffee stupid tigger knocks it, over probably, intentionally and it and it hits you dead center in the crotch with a pair of boxers on hot. Coffee. Right oh, wow the worst case, Scenario, Oh, Larry, larry you said you said to the show was over for you went that's, awesome that's.
Speaker 5: Commitment you said it still. Stings did they say what type of you? Know like degree, wise how bad it.
Speaker 10: Was second and delivers in a first?
Speaker 2: Degree, Bird, OKAY i think it's probably the area that that's so. Sensitive you, Agree oh, yeah that'll. Sting that's a sensitive very much that. Doctor and you know some days are tougher than. Others, greg you keep putting yourself in the doctor's row for some, reason Not. Larry's did you put anything on? It? Like did they any kind of burn ointment? Treatment they?
Speaker 10: Did they did? It put? Ice trying to tell me to put alvera on?
Speaker 2: It are you getting any help on? Alaverara is that on you?
Speaker 10: ALONG i was in the E r for going hour with ice in my.
Speaker 2: Lap, yeah that's a tough days being. Watered didn't at least you waited till the show was? Over, yeah, okay it. Does of the Week Larry ward crotch and kept list it. Was it was scary when it first came across the text nation that you were headed to the E. R then there was a chat about it in, yeah in the tuber, chat but we didn't. Concerned we didn't Know, larry and we wanted to check on. You AND i hope that you're. OKAY i hope the stinging stops sooner than, later and keep an eye on that. Cat, Okay, Larry.
Speaker 10: Yeah really. Ejaculator it's the same one that did the. Bleed.
Speaker 2: Either you gotta get rid of. That you gotta get rid of his cat. Cats the same one did the right because this cats have to. Call if you can't see, That, yeah you got you got to understand that cat's after. GAIN i don't know what you've. Done upset, it but it's. Upset, yeah Thanks, Larry Thanks Larry.
Speaker 10: Gay worst case scenario For.
Speaker 2: Larry what he.
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: Got all you got boxers? ON i mean you're gonna get that's gonna.
Speaker 5: MOVE i, heard AND i want to say a direct quote was right through the crock That Larry.
Speaker 2: Larry's voice and how clearly of all. Things you know he doesn't say things very, clearly, right but he's got crotch. Down, yeah you can identify them with no. Problem there's no. Doubt that's be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show get a signed copy Of whick's new, Book Men Don't run in The ring For Father's day by going To themanchurch dot.
Speaker 2: Com if you use that link right, there and it's so easy to. Find it's. Rightly if you go to The dmanchurch dot. COM i, mean it couldn't be. Easier click on that link and you'll see there is a red hyperlink it says click here for signed. Copy if you don't care about, that you can get the book really anywhere, audio, ebook. Hardcover and thanks for your, Response men don't run in the. Rain we're, overwhelmed AND i mean but wonderfully. Overwhelmed thank you so. Much and, Obviously, dad the person that he is and was is an interesting, read no doubt about. It So i'm so glad we're getting introduced him to so many of. You the fee, bet we're getting the, reviews we're getting uh and then we're still in the very early. Stages it's. Great i'm going to sign uh more, today so if you're kind of wanting this to get done and we can go ahead and get it to, YOU i will be signing more of those, today so some more things to. Discuss i'll also be on a podcast. TODAY i was looking speedy at the one line up for. Today we had two for. Today ones Are. Reschedulingah have yall ever heard of Doctor Lee warren self brain, surgery self brain and that what it's Called Yes sell neurosurgeon And. Christian So i'm gonna tell you ask that. Too can you imagine me trying to carry on a conversation with a. Neurosurgeon so he served in the military as a field.
Speaker 8: Surgeon, okay, oh, oh it's a it's kind of like a joke and he's not really saying he does brain surgery on.
Speaker 2: Himself, NO i had, THAT i.
Speaker 8: DID i had.
Speaker 2: That this is the. You you sit and talk about and you try to learn things about yourself and you try to get, smarter and, YEAH i had that at the, beginning, actually BUT i didn't know his. Background but the OTHER i did do The Baptist Global. News some of you were concerned that they're a little to the. Left it went. Great, yeah it was a great. Conversation it was a great. Interview they well prepared and so it went. Great so if you follow, that there should be a conversation about the book out there at some. POINT i don't know when they put those. Out we do know that The art Of. Manliness manliness is coming out On june, tenth and there was another When men in The. Arena we don't know when that's coming, out BUT i just checked them and it's not out. Yet so there's a lot of podcasts they're like still to, come even Though i'm doing them, now they haven't published. Yet and That i'm supposed to be on With hannity coming. Up we'll give you the date on. That that's coming up, here probably pretty, soon maybe After Memorial, day maybe next, week so look forward to. That so we're having fun with. It and if you haven't got your copy and you want, one or you want to get one For Father's, day go ahead and move on that because they. Are they are going really really well and so surprisingly. Well and we thought it would be you, know popular within the influence of the show and those of you that have known us for, years but it's gone far beyond. That, yeah which you, Know dad always was a tool to get, beyond you, know our inner circle because he's just. Intriguing and a lot of your emails are really great, Too so thank you for, That speedy are you do you think you've caused? TROUBLE i think for people in graduation.
Speaker 5: Land i've heard from people organizing graduations THAT i, am BUT i think you've got families. Barking, Now, yeah there's a bunch of, them and we don't try to overwhelm all of you with with all of these, videos but people are trying to capture some of this and they'll send.
Speaker 2: It i'll take all these you can give.
Speaker 5: Me And Shane lambert reached out to. Us his son graduated From Liberty university earlier this, month and he attempted to do the to do a bark once everything had kind of quietened, down because you, know like we talked, about and you've got a time to bark, down you, do he. Said you felt like he started, strong but he lost his. Nerve AND i hear a lot of. This people have These Hey i'm gonna bark, loud and then it gets right down to the last second and you're, like, Oh i'm kind of gonna chicken out a little. Bit, YEAH i didn't, quite he. Said his wife may or may not have told him not to do, it but he shared the audio video of me, barking and he's hoping this doesn't get his man card revote or, suspended or maybe he's on a probation for a period of. Time but he was able to capture this and after the clapping and the screaming and. Yay you'll hear it kind of quieting. Down and that's when he was really gonna bring the bark and didn't go.
Speaker 9: Well Justin Jims, lambert a bass or Science Coriminal, justice aventis investiative.
Speaker 8: Studies who, right, Whoa.
Speaker 2: Oh my, God oh my. Goodness that's like a dog that got hit by a. Car, yeah, yeah you can come, on, man come, up would you, say speedy commit to the?
Speaker 14: Bar, yeah you got. To here's his, moment here's his. Moment, Wow, OKAY i.
Speaker 2: Don't even know if anybody knows what that. Was.
Speaker 5: Uh AND i get a lot of this and and even some some some some friends that you, know the wife was doing what mine, did and that is don't you dare do? This and so you feel that pressure and then let's say you're just gonna move right through. It it's time to. Bark and you, think, Okay i'm gonna do. That and if you just lose the confidence and the courage to do to.
Speaker 2: Be, committed to be all, in you can't half go into this. Bark, no you want to be wise with the. Bark you, know you don't have to make a you don't have to turn into some sort of. Attack, no, no but you godn't have to carry out for ten. Seconds, yeah don't be a don't do a bit, bark you, know just do your bark and time it. Down it's got a quieting up and then and give that. Back can we even call that a? Bark that sounds like? That that sounds Like larry after you spilt the? Coffee all?
Speaker 8: RIGHT i mentioned that my. Brother now everybody can do, it even my brother's. Barking so, really my older Brother luke is, uh my Niece, lily she's just she's moving on up to the next level in, school and so it hurd a little graduation.
Speaker 2: Deal brother bark all, right that's not. Bad that's not. Bad like a little bit, More, paul you'll we still had it lacks a little. Confidence, yes that's.
Speaker 8: Good he's barking in. Public that's WHY i don't make you feel, well you, yeah it does make you feel.
Speaker 2: Weird but you've got to be. Committed, oh you know, what you're. RIGHT i don't think any of us are prepared how it feels to bark in, public, right, yeah but you got to be, committed you, do we. Do you've got to go all in top of the.
Speaker 1: Hour this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show are you ready to? Go it opens tomorrow. Night i'm talking about the movie the latest From Angel, Studios The Last, rodeo and what a great, story action. Pack Retired rodeo legend straps back in for one lass, run risking all to say his, grandson he's the oldest writer to ever enter the arena of the movies about healing broken, bonds facing the, pass and proving that real courage means fighting for the people that you. Love raw heartfelt might just leave you tearing up a little, bit little. Misty and so if you'd like to go ahead and get your, tick it's done and you're gonna love. This theaters are selling out. Fast go To angel dot, com Slash, Rick angel dot, com Slash rick grab your seats for The Last rodeo in theaters starting tomorrow and you are going to love this. Movie uh it's it feels so good to see a great movie that actually makes you feel, good not makes you go MAYBE i should if you, know if they why did they put that in? THERE i, mean that Wasn't you don't have to do any of. That enjoy the. Movie angel dot, com Slash.
Speaker 1: Rick america.
Speaker 2: All, Right, america here we, go, Speedy greg And. Adler we're all here and ready for another hour on casting from the. World no fake world, here all the real, world and we'll run down the stories of the. Day unscreened phone calls coming. Up hay Burd, Hey, burge normal things and we have much to cover still, ahead and we thank you for being with us. Today, so, guys as we start a brand new, hour a couple of things that we also have not hit, on and that one of these is breaking. News and it's, horrible, horrible horrible hate to bring bad, news but we have a Pro palestinian gunman is suspected of shooting a Young jewish diplomatic, couple unfortunately taking their. Life there's a horrible video that goes with it as the shooter and the murderer is screaming Free palestine as he is being hauled into. Custody it emerged overnight while we were all, sleeping thirty year Old Elias rodriguez as he was taken into custody after Two israeli embassy staffers were gunned down outside The Capitol Jewish museum In, washington D. C so that's, horrible horrible. News speedy asked a question that we all unfortunately know the answer, to will there Be will there be wall to wall coverage of this on all of the mainstream, Media and we all know the answer is.
Speaker 5: No but, sadly, sadly it is sad the media picks and chooses what they're going to cover and pay attention to and what's, important what's not.
Speaker 2: Important and then.
Speaker 5: It's it's sad to say, that but it's. True but the Two israeli diplomat diplomats for a lot of the media will not be important to, cover.
Speaker 2: Right so we will, see we'll cover it. Here, YEAH i want to make sure well aware of that and so that that did, Happen and we do have some. Response trump to truth social following this shooting of the Two israeli embassy, staffers he wrote this HORRIBLE dc killings base obviously on Anti semitism must end. Now hatred and radicalism have no place in THE. Usa condolences to the families of the. Victims so sad that such things as this can. Happen god bless you. All so that's from The. President he has responded to, it and so we will update. You but the bottom line is we know who did. It they've been taken into. Custody so and these two people sadly are. Dead so there's not much to add to. That but what we are going to look now is what will the response be of the world and of the. Media and, UNFORTUNATELY i think we all know what that will likely. Be so there you. Go uh that that's an update. Today, also we have some other things to to update that we've been. Following. Uh you, know we still don't quite know Where Aaron rodgers is going to, land uh when it comes to we we, updated by the, way we all have already if you missed last, hour we have already updated. That we know that the brotherly, shove tush, push whatever you call uh this new deal in THE, nfl that it stays in the game by two. Votes so we have already covered. That Aaron rodgers for some reason now has made the mo the news today because he they're saying he's one of the highest profile athletes that has spoke about biological, males transgender, women, uh competing in women's. Sports and he said what a lot of people have. Said he was On Joe, rogan The Joe rogan. Experience this is not really a new. Narrative but coming From Aaron, rodgers you know that significant because he's so well known and he has said what a lot of people pointed. Out and you, know Sometimes aaron can be a little out, there but it sounds like here he's just going to this logic that we keep talking about over and over, again the trans woman movement is actually anti. Woman and he, says that's WHAT i. Mean, Sports you're not seeing trans men dominating. Anything it's because there's a biological, difference which should be. Obvious And i'm adding this to. Everyone and So Aaron rodgers is just pointing out the obvious that ultimately this becomes anti biological women because the sports could be taken over for lack of a better. Term, Also Bruce springsteen now releases AN. Ep, greg he's still. Mad, hell, yeah he's still. Mad he is going to release AN ep which is going to feature on THE Ep AND i know everybody wants to rush out and by, This, GREG i know you can't. WAIT i know you BECAUSE i know you how about? THIS I i know you well. Enough. Greg it wouldn't matter what your political views. Are you don't want. This do you want to go get A Bruce SPRINGSTEEN ep that will feature Anti trump. Rants, no like you can even IF i didn't care about, it, right even IF i went To trump, Supporter so who you mean? Rants he just gonna sit there and just tell us like he was doing the other night on the stage of that and the E p and and they'll they'll have live rants from, him this one from A uk. Concert so if you, get if you get THE, ep you get the rants. Rant, OKAY i got. IT i got. It so it, says, hey, Hey, bruce sing me a, song. Buddy it's got a. Song it's got. That it's got four, songs, okay but it will also has OK i got. It THE ep has got a whole theme to, it so all the songs are about. This but also you get the actual you get the rants with it because because he's the famous music you get you get bonus. Rants. Okay so it must be true and it must be right Because rick the guy made a living playing music his whole, life so he must be an. Expert, Yes land Of hope and. Dreams he lives in. Fantasy long walk, Home my city of ruins is with that the pretenders it, Is he's gonna do that. One now that's going to confuse people because they're gonna think that he's going to a tribute To rustling them now Because Russian limbaugh took that song away From Rissy Hind and she said that the only reason why she didn't make a fuss about it is her dad Loved, Rustling, yeah said it. Was that's, true.
Speaker 8: RIGHT i remember hearing that the real song outside of The Rush limbaugh show for the first, time AND i was, like why is this this music station Playing Rush limbaugh's theme?
Speaker 2: Music? EXACTLY i didn't KNOW i.
Speaker 8: Heard didn't know that my whole life because my dad listened To Rush. Limbaugh and Then i'm like Brown brown.
Speaker 2: H and which was, Fantastic. Greg and ALSO i know A Bruce springsteen favorite of yours on THE Ep chimes Of. Freedom oh, Buddy, yes play, That. Bruce but you get the. Rants that's a, bonus you, know you get bonus, cuts four, songs bonus. Rants you. Know we've talked about The river before in his catalog.
Speaker 5: WHEN i CLAIMED i didn't really like, it and THEN i started listening to, IT i was, Like, Wow SO i like a lot More bruce songs THAN i thought I'D i will. Say, yes they're not, booing they're Saying bruce But, rick he's not finishing well and he's going to ruin.
Speaker 2: It, God i'm like. YOU i like more of his songs THAN i really let.
Speaker 8: On, yeah, yes, yeah they're.
Speaker 2: Great, well calm, down don't go that. FAR i saw him at Bonn you're not ready to say. Great some of the strange things. Work you think you don't Think Born to runs? Great not? Great? REALLY i. Don't you don't think the river is? Great THEN i got married. Pregnant the lyrics that's that. Song of all the lyrics that what was in the. Song there's other things in the song. Too, well they were trying TO i was giveing an example of why it's not a. CLASSIC i Saw.
Speaker 8: BRUCE i Saw bruce AT bonneru like twenty years, ago watch like twenty years. Ago it was it was, great it was.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 8: Dehydrated, really you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Get you're gonna hate me on this. ONE i like the stuff that he did his solo album without The Street. Man there's some, there some good songs on.
Speaker 8: That.
Speaker 2: Well The ladies thing you did like A broadway play a long time. Ago, uh one step, up two steps back all that WHOA i like? That whoa whoa, way w don't like that? Song wait a, minute you're talking about the stuff that was very poppy that became real popular kind Of is that what you're. SAYING i don't, LOVE i don't have are?
Speaker 12: You are?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 2: Greg if you liked? IT i said that it wasn't. Bad. Greg we're on the, Air, greg y'all doing that where you think you gotta like HIS i like his Deep, greg Because i'm Sure greg goes And greg will be my wi like the ones nobody listens. To greg will be my. Witness you, remember for some, REASON i got on Some Bruce springsteen one time you did. IT i was, all AND i got the box at you got the.
Speaker 8: Box it's.
Speaker 2: Good it's a.
Speaker 8: Good Classic american, MUSIC i, Said but, great oh, baby this town ripsl bulls from real back is the. True, okay but that's, good good. Stuff but the but you're right speed he's not finishing, well all.
Speaker 2: Right somebody's. Not and he's that. Gummet somebody says That, greg by the, Way greg Love streets Of. Philadelphia. Greg somebody said that we have it, wrong that that's a different, name that the pretender song is not Called okay my city In. Ruins, okay, Well, spruce you might want to not done something that was so. CLOSE i think it's my city was.
Speaker 8: Gone my city was. Gone that's.
Speaker 2: It So. Springsto that's a little Close. Springsteen that's a little.
Speaker 8: Close my city of my city Of ruins Is Bruce springsteen.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and. Two you, pay you paid so much. Money i'm Sorry i'm saying that for a concert. Ticket you just want to be. Entertained not.
Speaker 1: Dad this is The Rick burgess show doing what he was born to, do The rick.
Speaker 2: Maybe we were. Born all, right we're. Back thanks for being with us, today and thank you very Much Text nation for weighing in on all. Things all, Right So greg And leelee is a sweet little, wife sleep on a helix. Mattress they do? This how long y'all had your? Match five? Years maybe five? Years so you didn't you did last maybe? Left you didn't mess? Around, no you, say, hey we're gonna ge as soon as this comes. Out i'm. In i'm gonna take that. Quiz and here we're gonna take. That look and If greg will take the, quiz you know it's not HOW i promise you it's not a big. Deal and that just the reason why they want the little quiz there and it takes under two. Minutes greg claims ninety, seconds because they want to know some things about your sleep habits so that so they can get the right. Mattress it's a customized, mattress Speedy. Adler it's not just some grab something off the floor and good luck to. You SID i laid on it once uncomfortably in the. Showroom never feel comfortable. THAT i never feel comfortable with. THAT i. Know do you under the old, ways like you, go, hey let's go lay on, it and everybody's like looking at.
Speaker 8: You you Know i've done, it, yes and the, story but do they feel?
Speaker 2: Weird do your.
Speaker 8: Wife and you just have like your hands folded on your on your. Chest you're, like we're just we're just, Testing.
Speaker 2: We're just testing it. Out and then the salesperson eventually, GOES i think the spoon was not a little. Excessive that's not are you kissing your wife on the?
Speaker 8: Neck no touch.
Speaker 2: It i'm just testing.
Speaker 5: It we got to do a bit where like we go in there and we lay down and start making out with our wife and the.
Speaker 2: Lady the guy in there's, like what are y'all?
Speaker 15: Do?
Speaker 2: Uncomfortable, yeah IF i were just, testing IF i, testing is maybe. Out IF i could Get shary to go along with, IT i would do it in a. Second, yeah like a hit and candy and in the employee try to figure out what's going. On, sorry you can't do. That, YEAH i was. SURE i was. Sure he was. Sure he. Doesn't cherry's not big ON. Pda, no, no, yeah that'd be.
Speaker 5: TELLING i mean any wif any other wives maybe who's?
Speaker 2: Up no? Naughty, okay we're done with that, then all. Right so what you're gonna do is tell them if you sleep on your, back your, side of your. Stomach you want to tell them if you like a soft, mattress medium. Firm they have children's. Mattresses they have big and tall. Mattresses so go right. Now they'll ship it to you directly from their facility right here in The United states Of. America you have one hundred nights to sleep on. It and with The Memorial day coming, up listen to, me people don't stay with. Me twenty seven percent off twenty seven percent off at he look sleep Dot com Slash Big vox B I G V O x right now and get twenty seven percent, off or just go to the link At rick burgesshow dot com under sponsors uh Brock. Perdy it's, Happened oh Brock perdy finally getting paid last man picked when he was up for the. Drafts Unlike Shuder, sanders he didn't have to pay take a pay cut to go to THE. Nfl that's all the money that was available to, him and he was on the league. Minimum but now he for you got to give him. Credit he didn't, Complain he didn't get his agent to, whine to, say, well my client's clearly better than y'all thought he. Was how can he be on this? Contract he, stayed stayed pretty, healthy played it, out kept playing well and Says i'll have my day IF i don't. Choke and he did. Not he kept playing really. Well and now he has signed a five, year two hundred and sixty five million dollar contract. Extension. Wow and so, Guarantee rick is a Guaranteed all, right let's find the guaranteed money here paid gregis of, course she's all about. That here it Is, Greg oh my, goodness one and eighty one million guarantee here and if he if he goes out tomorrow and never throws another touchdown path included in here is, injury won't keep that money from. Him he has a full no trade, clause the first enfranchise. History The niners have never given one of. Those brock throw it. Down, okay annually fifty three. Million so there we. Go he's been, rewarded he had and he deserves. It how about. That that's. Right he laid under his, contracts last signed for. It now now it's time for me to get. It wasn't a. Whiner nobody likes a. Whiner So perty has now moved into the the tenth highest pace quarterback in the. League Will Shader sanders have the same type? Story a? Little it remains to be. Seen it remains to be. Seen, okay So shade actually went, high a lot higher Than. Perdy oh yeah he. Did party was the last big mister in. MAGNIFICANT i think all that the elast but but you know, what this is that thing where you, say go out and prove yourself, worthy prove that you're worth. It, uh and then you'll you'll get a pay. Day and he did good For party and then and the pretty family as it is, yeah and you know you. Were you keep telling me this. Too another thing that is. Smart And i'm going over into the entertainment world of. Musicians. Uh first of, all the Text nation before we move any, further now That i've left, football back to, music they want, You greg to answer the Question springsteen Or George. Strait you have to Go springsteen all. Day you have to hear a. Rent you have. To i'll take the. Rent, okay, Interesting i'll just go thank, You, greg thank.
Speaker 11: You.
Speaker 2: Yeah by the, Way i'd. FORGOTTEN i don't know. Why to, me it was always The Denver. Broncos for some, Reason i've forgotten that T bow played for The. Jets did you feel you? Did did y'all forget? That and did he play a? Season get? There he was?
Speaker 9: There?
Speaker 2: Yeah but, Anyway President trump surrounded by what his, quote surrounded by multiple. Winners On, tuesday he hosted The university Of florida's men's basketball team because of their national. Championship. Uh and he noticed near the front of the stage was Legend Tim, tebow you know who's been up there petitioning for his ministry and the things he's, doing which is. Incredible he spotted the former quarterback and took a moment to praise. Him, Greg you're gonna love this In trump fashion and very special thanks to THE nfl legend And university Of. FLORIDA i, mean one of the greatest Players i've ever, Seen trump said Of. Tebow And i'll tell you, what as a college, player maybe the best. Ever you did blank, well and you did blank well in the pros. Too he was great despite being on The. Jets you did. Well so of course he had to throw all that. In he had to take shot The. Jets so so, anyway they Said Jalen hurts was coming next week by. Sale he worked out his schedule. Worked thank, You greg for making sure That aunt bet is kicked over. Again he was on his, honeymoon well if he, was on his hand, SAID i don't care that he didn't. Go ye is that? Right doesn't bother me at. All BUT i don't understand this new thing we're in on communication where people just won't be direct. Anymore they just want to answer a direct. Question, okay you if you did not want to, go say you didn't want to. Go if you were on your, honeymoon say you're on your, honeymoon and just stop saying things like scheduled conflict and. Everybody everybody's so general, now nobody will just answer the question even if you were, like you know, what it's all. SEASON i don't want to go all the way To washington that you can't even get people to be clear on what they're upset about. Anymore, Yeah i'm upset about what and they want just what are why don't you? Do everybody just speaks in general now just he's, big non committal broad. Statements so, anyway congratulations to party and congratulations To florida on the basketball, championship and a little shout out To.
Speaker 1: Tebow this is The Rick Burgess, show only In. America could these four men do this for a Living god Bless. America this is The Rick Burgess. Show, no, no.
Speaker 2: We're, back thanks for being with Us america having a. Blast so we ran out of, time BUT i want to hit this. Too with that update we talked about per then we got to chasing The trump and The Florida gators getting their trip to The White house and T, bow but also Cam, ward number one pick in the draft from The, titans also got his rookie contract. Done it looks like it's going to be forty eight point seven million over four, years fully, guaranteed fully. Guaranteed by the, way no negotiating, there that's the rookie. Cap but listen to. This ward represented himself in the. Negotiations oh, Wow but AGAIN i, said you, know you're pretty much going to take what they give you at this. Point, WELL i think he probably. Don't you think he'll get an agent once this is, on you would, Hope but right, now like you, said is there a need for an agent when the rookie situation is pretty much what it? IS i want to give a guy his? Cut, yeah that's. True. True, Okay so anyway Cam ward is, in does cam wardpan? Out who we'll? See, WELL i don't.
Speaker 5: Know last TIME i was In, nashville was wasn't too long. Ago the stadium's coming on, up good, night a new stadium right there on the, water right by The Nissan. Stadium so and it's it's going up. Quick there's a cam webcam if you, search you, know, Uh Nissan stadium or, whatever and they have a cam on the process and you can go and check it.
Speaker 2: Out and it's it's going. Up Qure we're now calling that camera Cam. Ward, NO i would, bad my. FRIEND i haven't followed the Cam ward story as much AS i should. Now he came out of high, school he signed with Like Incarnate. Word it was like a small, college and then he transferred To Washington state and then From Washington state To. Miami my point IS i have no idea and that this makes it even a better. Story he obviously wasn't highly recruited coming out of high, school, right that's. True that's. True the big sco. SO i saw him. PLAY i saw him play a couple of. Times he's, impressive very. Accurate he's. Impressive adler's got the Cam ward up at the. Cam, oh that's what the. Webcam, well there's a lot of themes that the audience really locking. Into. Now by the, way if you miss the first hour of the show, today catch it on the. Archives we heard From larry the Patch man about his injury that sent him to the er yesterday and involved coffee and. Lap do not miss. It, Okay hey, Bird hey, Birds this is From. Leon leon love the. SHOW i don't hear the full show every day due to the nature of my, work so apologies if this is a. Repeat since You rick And adler seemed to Like Jamie, johnson And greg obviously seems to Dislike George strait or the WORD i think he used was. Hate hey was the wrong. Word this should be. Fun take that off the, point all. Right see this person's trying to help, You. Greg Jamie johnson was ready to step his defeat as A nashville songwriter artist When George strait picked up the Song Give It, away which was a huge success on country radio somewhere around two thousand and five and. Six this monetized and Vaulted jamie's career and led to the music we've enjoyed from him over the last twenty. YEARS i bet he Loves George adler is welcome to fact check me on, this but Like, greg trust, Me i'm right, again right. Again thanks for all your hard work and dedication to, entertaining, educating and most importantly bringing the. Gospel, okay the email address here Said, Leon but he says his name Is, Joshua so whoever Different that is a huge Difference Leon's maybe he, did so he's Saying greg doesn't help you at. All That George strait basically built the foundation For Jamie johnson's career, well first of, ALL i will recant the. Hate oh, HEY i said. That you, Said, Hey, greg you said what you. SAY i didn't mean it's Just i'm not a fan of his. Music you said what you said it was it was Really i'm not a fan of his, Music that's What i'm. Saying got. THAT i, Mean i'm Glad jammie For Jamie johnson that he had a. Hit, yeah, okay all. Right but, again like somebody asked me, that, like, OH i don't, KNOW i can't. BELIEVE i don't Think i'm the only person that would Take springsteen Over George, strait that Like i'm something. RADICAL i, would you, KNOW i would. Easily and one even asked, me who WOULD i go, see, Uh George straight Or. Garth i've Seen Garth brooks. Twice OBVIOUSLY i would go See, garth very very. Entertaining it was a brag about. This we know you GOT i, THOUGHT i thought this, TIME i thought that how many Times i've Seen George, strait that'd be. None this email was supposed to bring sav to. This it was not supposed to bring. This, yeah let's don't talk about. Okay. Yeah. Yeah so, so by the, way a text NATION i don't know if this is true or. Not they're Claiming Jamie johnson got married. Yesterday, again that was one ten AND i Think George strait did the. Ceremony that's.
Speaker 5: Funny but, HEY i put On Jamie. Johnson, hey he mentioned essentials yesterday it was yard, day got out cut the yard? Whatever had it?
Speaker 2: RIGHT i, Said i'm going In his music's fantastic. Wash she would Return andy's. Text he's kind of frozen a little.
Speaker 8: Bit DO i need to? Speaking SO i need to address that email THAT i got About Jamie. Johnson remember that EMAIL i? Got what'd you?
Speaker 2: Get? Yeah SO i knew about? That, okay, yeah that He BUT i don't know how long ago was that when he was actually he got in trouble for possession of. Marijuana he, said, okay yeah that was.
Speaker 8: LAST i think it was in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Four, well And andy, said that's the reason why they haven't been in touch lately is Because, andy of course is a good source For Jamie johnson and is a development Of god and his work been working With. Jamie he, Said jamie's a little loft track right? Now what are you? Doing that's WHY i think he's a private, conversation people were saying that that these are stories in the, news are well known.
Speaker 8: STORIES i mentioned THAT i Liked Jamie johnson a, lot and somebody sent me in email and said he's not a good person to look up, to AND i was looking up to and they had a, link AND i was. WORRIED i was very worried BECAUSE i didn't know what the link was going to be a link. TO i was, like, oh, no is he you, know it's, like you, know some type of violence or you, know you see What i'm. Saying, Sure and SO i clicked the link and he was arrested for having marijuana in twenty twenty, four AND i was honestly, like, sure you know What i'm. Saying, so and, also are we surprised that this long haired country boy who's got a beard a foot long and hair three feet long that will burn one? Occasionally does that surprise? Anyone was anybody?
Speaker 2: Surprised And i'd like to look at the positive WHAT i just mentioned and won't repeat because it makes me, uncomfortable BUT i will say this he, Also i'm, serious, guys we were all. THERE i don't know why could have been an. Appointment we've never had him on the. Show he really was intrigued With Men Don't run in The rain and made a really went in started looking at, it started talk to me about his friendship With andy already asked us to you, know he was reading the back of, it so, hey who knows that that handing him of that book might be something that's? Good m hm, Uh so let's.
Speaker 8: Continue AND i wish him the best because that's that's very, serious AND i wish him the best and all. That definitely huge congratulations on his marriage That, yes it looks like it did occur. Yesterday So i'm a big fan of his And i'm rooting for him and just want to clarify.
Speaker 2: That And adler is it was was relieved it was just marijuana because he's always been for the legalization.
Speaker 8: Of, ACTUALLY i think all drugs should be. Legal, frankly you, KNOW i think you should Be It's, america you know What i'm. Saying you should be able to go out in the, woods buy some land and do meth until your teeth fall. OUT i don't care. Whatever if you're not hurting, me go do whatever you. Want you're hurting, yourself you're not earning.
Speaker 2: Me It's. America what what voice is? HE i don't know WHAT.
Speaker 8: I thought this. WAS i thought this Was. America i'm.
Speaker 2: Sorry he settled down in their Eddie Rand paul al all, Right, hey, hey hey, Bird hey. Birge my name Is. Mark interesting nobody's email is matching up with the name they're putting in the. Email i'm a listener From. Illinois he's worried about email. Addresses, well you, know when it says up tops a completely different, NAME i. Know but if he says It's, mark It's. Mark. OKAY i was born and raised In. Nashville in my, YOUTH i spent quite a bit of time with my dad's, Father. Papa he was a, papa he. Said papa was a.
Speaker 8: Carbon papa was a working. Man papa was.
Speaker 2: A carpenter and several other. Trades he could build a house from foundation. Up often work with. Him he had things that he would, say not only to, me but other. Folks i've been listening to the stories about your, dad, which by the, way are. AWESOME i know you heard a. Lot Here's papa's favorite thing to say to. Me here's one that your dad probably would have. Liked i've never heard this from. Before but it's a. Dandy WHEN i was not even halfway done with my work by, lunchtime Unlike, papa he would turn to me and, say you're slower than smoke off a cold. Calmanar, Yeah i've heard that said a little more. Right, Well, greg he was trying to be. Nice that's a good. One i've used, it he, said if you'd like to give. THAT i would like to See greg start using that on a regular. BASIS i have used it at. Times, yeah no doubt. There somebody use it WHEN i used to work at the power. Company somebody that was moving kind of. Slow that's not gonna like smoke. Offer, okay got you? Great, Carefully, yeah let's stay with the. Way the listener from uh, hey birch a Birge, JIM i guess uh here love the. Show uh glad That speedy continues to ring the bell when you mentioned any of your travel. Destinations perhaps we need to come up with something for When speedy Mentions. Hoby oh maybe maybe the great whoopee. Whistle he, goes Because speedy Mentions hoby a. Lot, yeah, WELL i Mean, yogi Just i'll stop speaking speaking Of, hoby speaking speaking Of Hoby. Rick do you, think, hey birch a, birge this comes From. Sean do you think it's possible That speedy set up where he Took terry to eat knowing it Was hoby's, area Hoping hobby would come over and offered to buy their dinner since it was their. Anniversion oh that's a good. No, no nobody was like anybody's. Dead, no actually had my wallet in my pocket that would pay for. It i've looked at every pair of pants you've ever. Worn there's not even an ounce aware where people usually have their. Wallet it's like there's not an, ounces not an.
Speaker 8: Ounce it's.
Speaker 2: Perfect it's like they're right off the. Rack we'll be.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show can't get out of the, Car, Bunny The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show you never miss a. Minute by the, way meeting a lot of you five hour. People interesting. That thank.
Speaker 9: You that's.
Speaker 2: Great so catch any parts of the show you miss on our. Archives the weekend looks active From Memorial day. Weekend of, course we'll all be off On Memorial. Day hope all of you are as, well and we'll talk more about that tomorrow and we Celebrate show one hundred and review the first one hundred days of The Rick Burgers, show just like you would To. Presidency but this, weekend this, weekend another best Of rick And Bubba Radio gold podcast episode nineteen something like that coming out this, weekend so enjoy those memories of the past on that. Podcast all the full show archives of the week are out there on the YouTube channel of the podcast. Channel episode three Of tales from The Camp. House Young broderick will turn twenty four tomorrow and he will be turning in that episode on his. Birthday how about To, adler which we'll put it on the YouTube, channel so it'll be out this weekend for you to. Enjoy there will Be there won't be a new episode Of Strange. Encounters we're taking a week off on, that but enjoyed the two episodes that are already out. There our interview With sabin And barkley out, there and should have some more of those coming over the next you, know a week or so as. Well uh so look for those as they make their way out. There but then The Saban barkley interview obviously has been a national sports story on all kinds of. PLATFORMS i still keep SEEING i.
Speaker 8: Hit a snag on The Tommy. Teberville so that'll be out today AND i couldn't get it out.
Speaker 2: Yesterday that's all. Right you're working yourself to. Death you're you're doing a great, job, brother AND i want you to know how much you're appreciated and the audience loves what you. Do and, yeah and if you're, fine, right and if you wouldn't mind trying to get by to, DAD i got a few things at the. HOUSE i need, you all. Right so we've all been, Rotating we've all been waiting On Ryan. Greenwood mister. Floating, yeah it's chan, Okay i'm. Sorry he's doing good.
Speaker 8: Speed speedy's putting him in the grave every chance he. Can but now when he's.
Speaker 2: At the top and he doesn't, MOVE i think he's floating. Waters. CHEN i want you to, Know, chen if you go in over A Memorial day, weekend we will DO i will do the eulogy On. Tuesday there you? Okay all, right let's, uh let's talk About Ryan. Greenwood, Oh, Ryan Ryan greenwood Loves loves loves One Calvin Speedy wilburn in. Duress it's his. Favorite oh he is he if he, can if he can get a misspeak From. Speedy it makes his. Day, now remember That Ryan greenwood back in The rick And bubba. Days he's an asthma. Guy he's prone to get, walking, pneumonia any kind of bronchial. Problem he's prone to this. Stuff and when he gets to, laughing because he loses it, laughing he can laugh to the point that it affects his. Health, yeah we saw, that and we were worried about. That and he waited the two things THAT i told him he had to go. Find that is the speedies missp when he was trying to give props to the young man that can, rush that can crush the golf, ball and no disrespect to. Him, well thank, you that's. INTENTION i was telling his, dad and then and THEN i told him to Find THEN i told him to find the archive of the email that suggested That speedy might have might be special. Needs, okay how you titled? It, Hey well you think you THINK i didn't get his? Attention do you think that and get his? Attention that's a terrible. Setup Yesterday, yesterday ten twenty eight listen yesterday ten twenty eight Am Central, time eleven twenty Eight. Eastern so he finally, responded here it comes from From Ry. Greenwood stay with, me that's his first. Line so behind trying to get my ducks in a. ROW i have been, sick same type of walking aneumonia and bronchial infection THAT i had WHEN i passed out on The rick And bubby. YEARS i went ahead before looking for these archives and got a shot in three. Meds SO i was alerted by. You SO i got myself ready AND i went back AND i, listened. Listened then there's a pulse in the. Text it almost literally killed, me laughing and, coughing AND i had to fight passing out. AGAIN i had to stop listening to. Pet he went in there to bring you. LISTEN i had to stop. LISTENING i had to get out of the, car stop my. CAR i could not drive and, listen SO i just. STOPPED i had to go into. ME i went to sit on the couch WHEN i got home BECAUSE i didn't want to be in a dangerous. SITUATION i blacked. Out, uh he, Said now in true show, FASHION i still have to live out the anything for the, show and, thought what a way to go IF i die LISTENING i. DIE i could not let it go and for the. SHOW i thought it would be a great tribute WHENEVER i passed for y'all be able to say, THAT i literally died laughing of the. Show it was so. BAD i had to go back to the. Doctor, OKAY i had to go back to the. Doctor what they gave me could not help. ME i needed something. Stronger and he, Said and just WHEN i, thought he, said this is just from the. Email AND i tried to, recover and THEN i Hear speedy calling out to this person right WHEN i THOUGHT i had, it when he was trying to talk about his, career and he used another, word he. Said then then it started all over. Again SO i send, back what a wonderful update, details he, says this don't. EVER i don't care If speedy ever starts neglecting his job off the. Air never get rid of, him he, said because as a, show his misspeaks and anything he can do that is. Goofy you would never be able to pay him. Enough that alone is its. Value and, okay hen he, Goes he. Goes and then and THEN i, SAID i hope you're enjoying the new. Show. Quote please, continue. Guys it's like you are taking it to the next, level and you're building a foundation that is that that is that it is as a place that even we have never, been so so there it. Is then he passed out and then he passed out, Again so you we nearly. Killed SO i like the fact you had to go back to the. Doctor, Sorry. Zach here's the other. Thing what about him thinking IF i die? Laughing what a? Promo? Yeah he, really he wrote the show you could literally die. Laughing so it's not. Bad send that To Ken Will what IF i Had? Ken ken's at a? Graduation but what IF i had? Warning? Yeah oh, yeah that's. Good this where you going there listening to this? Show there's a possibility you could die? Laughing is that too? Strong it's? Good it is. Good now if somebody dies laughing that we we had other Than. Ryan if he's give us, though If ryan does, it we keep. Running listen at your own. Risk you, Could, OKAY i like? That, yeah oh, yeah that. Way it's a little bit of a warning. Caution, look, look they could cuss at any. Moment stuff like.
Speaker 10: THAT i.
Speaker 2: Know i've had people say on some of the things that have happened in the first one hundred days that they've choked on various drinks they've really had to pull. Over, yeah so that's that's what we're looking. FOR i have to ask you a serious. QUESTION i need you to be honest with. Me did did he really send? That or were you just making up stuff.
Speaker 1: Like you were.
Speaker 2: Reading i'll show all of you the, Text, Okay rick and makeup stuffy SAYING i didn't know the. Hour i've tried every way in the world to make you look.
Speaker 1: Better this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 16: Show you better listen.
Speaker 2: Up you, know like we say all sign you gotta find us.
Speaker 1: The voice of reason in an unreasonable, World The Rick Burchard.
Speaker 2: Show here we, go a voice of, reason so, needed so, needed the spring. Clarity this hour will check in with You america eight eight eight six big box unscreen phone calls will find their way to this, hour so we look forward to checking in with.
Speaker 6: You if you.
Speaker 2: Missed the first couple of hours, today let me tell, You, america you've missed a. Lot be sure you grab it on The Daily, archives either on our podcast channel or our YouTube. Channels, Speedy greg And adler all. Here. Uh you, KNOW i KNOW i don't want TO i don't want to continue to beat a dead. Horse is it kick a dead, horse beat a dead? Horse can you imagine the something to do with the. Horse but anytime something like this, continues it's always. INTERESTING i find, myself you, know from time to, time wanting to have a conversation with Doctor. Drew are y'all the only people with Doctor drew Pens something about Doctor Drew. PENSKE i, mean he's not quite to the level of me wanting to hang out With Denzel, washington but but you, KNOW i wouldn't mind having a conversation with Doctor. Drew he seems it seems pretty. Reasonable i've always found him, reasonable but he is a what's no surprise? Here he's talking about how absurd this new thing with president Or President biden is about suddenly prostate cancer that has AND i can't say the word. Fantasticize thank, You, greg you look at. You bud was suddenly. Discovered you, Know he's, like, NOW i wish you wouldn't use the analogy he uses considering the type of. Cancer did this but did you use this term or did he use the term about the test that it doesn't? Pass was that your term in the description of the video or does he actually see.
Speaker 8: It doesn't pass the sniff. Test, uh that's that's unfortunate now that you mentioned, it.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah that just maybe another. Phrase, yeah but but does he say that or do you use that in the description? Yourself?
Speaker 8: Uh he may say it later on in the. Clip the whole clip is eight minutes. Long, no, my But i've just found the. Why, first he mentions all his. Credentials I've i've worked on prostate patients for forty. YEARS i have had prostate. Cancer and that's Doctor drew, talking not me, right not, yet not, Yet i'm getting. There but he says that that's not how this generally. Works the timeline is, sketchy and if you guys want to hear a quick we're going to obviously not play the whole. Thing but he kind of breaks down why it's.
Speaker 2: Suspect, OKAY.
Speaker 17: I listened to scientific lectures on the topic of prostate cancer on a bi monthly. Basis number, Three i've treated prostate cancer for forty. YEARS i remember prostate cancer being a sleepy illness that we just would tell, people now you'll die of something, else or you're going to die of this. Thing nothing we can do about it. Now thanks To Michael milkin and The Prostate Cancer. Foundation it is a highly treatable, condition and there is a bit of controversy, Here so let me try to parse things.
Speaker 2: Out.
Speaker 17: First Nicole, sapfhire WHO i respect and love, immensely has gone on the record saying that they wouldn't have done A psa on a man Of President biden's, age WHICH i disagree with the strongest. Terms it's possible he and his doctors may have elected not to do.
Speaker 2: IT i doubt. It it's routine.
Speaker 17: CARE i know there's a little controversy around, it of Course i'm well versed in.
Speaker 2: That but a present ied says is going to get a yearly. Pass it's just what's going to.
Speaker 17: Happen then the fact that they said they found a nog we found a, nodule all, lo and behold this metastatic.
Speaker 2: Disease, no that did not. Happen they.
Speaker 17: Don't you don't really even do the digital rectal exam. Anymore we follow the. PSAs what is that? There, okay let be putting. UP i can't quite read these. Things sometimes they're putting up a.
Speaker 8: Tweet so it's a post From Matt walsh that was talking about the topic Of biden suddenly having, cancer which doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: That it just seems like the timing is strange as they.
Speaker 8: Made it until days before that big book is coming out right.
Speaker 2: Right for sure the.
Speaker 17: Time But i'm telling you, clinically it does not work like.
Speaker 1: This it just.
Speaker 17: Doesn't it just doesn't show up like that all of a. Sudden it's usually it can it can present about two percent of the, time maybe even four percent of. Time it can present it in a more advanced, date but usually it's an aggressive tumor that kind of gets away from you over the course of a year or two, years or five or seven, years hard to. Predict he has a grade nine of A gleason. SCALE i had a grade, six which is a low. GRADE i actually went on active. Surveillance it's possible they put him on active. Surveillance there's a lot of possibilities. Here the point is they are being extremely obscure and not giving us the, details and none of what they're saying really makes.
Speaker 2: SENSE i, mean and that's the bottom. Line so's he and he is a, doctor and he's had the cancer and he knows, this and it just it's just really it's painfully obvious that they're doing something that we all see what they're.
Speaker 8: Doing it's political.
Speaker 2: Gamesmanship, yeah did you come up with that phrase games that's your own.
Speaker 8: Phrase that's not my own.
Speaker 2: Phrase that's a good. One but he did just last down that's what it is he to use. It so also we have the fake news word of the. Day this involves The South african. President now did y'all see that? Yesterday by the, way it was in The, HEYBURGE i didn't get to.
Speaker 9: It.
Speaker 2: Yet people keep emailing me asking me how Is John? Thomas AND i have Emailed john from ALL i can Tell Living hope is, okay there's no, duress and we usually do get because they've had to rest in the. Past, hey pray for. Us we're under. DURESS i haven't gotten any kind of communication From Living hope like that Are John? Thomas BUT i did go ahead and email him directly yesterday to, say are y'all? OKAY i haven't got a reply, yet but our time difference and all that probably will. Today but, Anyway President trump just takes The South african president the task and makes him watch himself calling for the killing of white farmers and pretty had to be a pretty uncomfortable. MOMENT i don't think you And Andy blanks could have been. There. No but of course the mainstream media and the, left they called this an, ambush and this is the word they've handed. Out adler has a montage In One sea here of all of them now grabbing the word.
Speaker 17: Ambush seen in The Oval office, today the tense Confrontation President trump ambushing The president Of South.
Speaker 3: Africa next Another oval office, Meltdown President trump ambushing The president Of South.
Speaker 2: Africa President trump is being accused of conducting something of a diplomatic ambush Of south africas president in the.
Speaker 18: Office to be with, You I'm katie To President, trump orchestrated Another oval office ambush.
Speaker 2: Today Today Donald trump meeting with The president Of South africa and attempting to ambush and humiliate that Leader zolution territory where essentially he was a bit ambushed inside The Oval.
Speaker 3: Office felt like an ambush in, there kind of like The president's Of lenski meeting in The Oval.
Speaker 2: Office this was.
Speaker 1: Ambush it was.
Speaker 19: Orchestrated Little posta brought his best diplomatic self to this, meeting but nothing could have prepared him for.
Speaker 16: This multimedia.
Speaker 2: Ambush it's hand these. Out did you get THE?
Speaker 8: Txt, YEAH i got it. Already we're.
Speaker 5: Ready SO i saw Where Ernie l's speaking of the region's Last Ernie l's And Retief. Goosen we're in The Oval office while this was.
Speaker 2: Happening.
Speaker 5: There THEY'RE pga legends From South. Africa this was very.
Speaker 2: Important they were invited to The Oval, office, yes meeting ye so.
Speaker 8: And they and they were asked about. It uh and in The South. Africa from WHAT i, understand The South african president brought them along to show that there was no white genocide going on In South.
Speaker 2: Africa.
Speaker 8: Uh and then they're asked about it and and one of them has a friend whose brother was. Killed so it's, like, well, actually, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Happening and this is exactly What. Mandela AND i didn't agree With mandela on, everything but this is exactly what he told all the black people Of South africa not to. Do right, this you, know this is not this not turn around and then try to do the same thing to The afrikaans and to The british white people that The afrikaans did to. Us and this is not about now going and seeking. Vengeance you, know let's let's govern the way we wish you, know the government had been uh and let's include, everybody et. Cetera of, course you Know mandela's gone. Now so in talking To, john he, said you, know you just have to watch the. Votes you know a lot of times different regimes are wanting to be voted in and and some are for this what's happening right. Now go get to the white people's, land kill, them take it from, them and that the others are. Not and he, said but when the ones who are calling for this kind of vengeance take, control it's it's chaos and it's a it's a rough.
Speaker 8: Environment what's his, name Rich Chief. Goosen, yeah he is also A South african golf. Crow and it was here was With. Ernie that was With ernie any he Told trump that his dad's farmer's friend have been killed and that farms are the.
Speaker 2: Firm, well let's talk About Elon Musk Yeah South, africa.
Speaker 8: Right, right he's in a lot of ways barred from doing business there just because he's.
Speaker 2: White, yeah we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show, okay are you ready to bring something to the, Table call mug and get on the. Show what eight eight eight Six Big.
Speaker 2: Fox here we, Go. America let's let's hear from. You the number is eight eight eight the number six Big vox eight eight eight six two four four eight six nine for those of you that struggle. Spelling so here we. Go all ten lines are. Opening so when we do the unscreen phone call now the preferred way to interact via phone on The Rick Burgers, show as we're experimenting with some new things since it's a new, day a new, opportunity and this has actually been a much better way than taking somebody from the, show putting them in the call screening. Room then you talk to the call screener for a. While i'm out here, Dying i'm waiting for somebody to be put on, hold you, know and all. That so really it's just much simpler just to go directly to you and just screen on the, fly protecting the audience if. Needed if your phone call is going, nowhere but this is your, opportunity because we would love to hear from, you and the calls are coming in now if you'd like to join, them let me real quick point you to Relief factor dot. Com loving thefolks At relieffactor dot. Com if you're struggling from your job or just being a weekend, warrior try to do a little bit. Better are you are the aging? Process, Man i'm just. Hurting if it's, inflammation Relief factor could be the all natural. SOLUTION i love the product already taken my first. PACK i do two a. DAY i do three IF i got something That i've. Injured, okay so why don't you go to relieffactor dot com right? Now the reason why we do three. Weeks that's how long it'll take for you to. Know it doesn't happen. Overnight they don't mass. Pain what they're trying to do is stop pain and eliminate. Pain and if it's, inflammation these four botanicals get the job done Relief factor Dot com and they do it. Naturally relieffactor dot com or go To rick burgesshow dot com and look under the sponsors. Button let's get. Started, Hello welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show you're on an unstreamed phone.
Speaker 20: Calls go, Ahead, hey, Brother rick just got a. QUESTION i just got a question For greg and y'all about a few days, back maybe a. Week so y'all talk about music that you like just your opinion on what do y'all think.
Speaker 21: Of kansas In?
Speaker 9: Boston love, it love.
Speaker 2: Them love them, both love them, both both of. Them greg has something to say About Kansas go carry On My Wayward. Son probably the best rock song ever. Written, wow got everything you. Need it's got. Everything that's a that's a legit, claim this's got, vocals it's got great, baseline it's got. Everything ONCE i rose above the noise and, confusion just to get a glimpse beyond this.
Speaker 8: Illusion got carry that so much in, it it's.
Speaker 2: Unreal Rick Burgess, show unscreen phone calls In boston's first album that as good as you. GET i was, like greatest is go right. Ahead you're on The Rick Burgers.
Speaker 7: Show, Hey Rick Patrick hagler From Pike, Road, Hey.
Speaker 2: Wow what a, Pleasure thanks for being.
Speaker 7: Here, hey just wanted to say that listening to you every, morning driving down To troy's WHERE i work and run this divers sports store down, there and just love.
Speaker 9: It love it, guys y'all keep it.
Speaker 2: Up thank you very. Much. Man great to hear from. You Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone.
Speaker 15: Calls go, Ahead, YEAH i heard a couple of days, ago, y'all talking about the bacon.
Speaker 10: Jam, YEP.
Speaker 15: I make smash burgers on My blackstone and.
Speaker 7: My wife makes the bacon jam and it's excellent on a.
Speaker 2: Burger right? Now that does sound? Good CAN i CAN i ask you the question bacon? Jam, WELL i want to ask you this the bacon. Greg i'm gonna, guess but let me let me, jam let me throw let me let me throw this at. You got? It these smash burgers are becoming? Trendy what what is a smash Burg, oh it's. Good is smashing a? Burger you? Do and it's spreads out and then around the edge gets real. Crispy. Yeah, yeah we put little weighted stuff down. On isn't that just the same burger we used to get on a. Griddle it's as the same thing home. Home it's just good on the. Grid making a big deal, Live i'm just doing thin patties THAT i. Smash don't you hate? It that's been a RANDOM i like, them But i'm not telling me it's not something new smash. Me you're, right it's not made a run as of. Late, WELL i WISH i had becoming real, trendy but you know what happens with they do. Yeah. Uh we Continue Rick burgess show unscreen phone. Calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 21: Hey, Guys hey, Buddy, hey, hey love love the. SHOW i just want want to make one one little correction to, You. Rick that video yesterday That trump showed didn't have the actual president in, it but it did have political people that that were down. There he's he's complicit because he knows all that's going, on and for him to sit in that office and act them and talk them like like he didn't know where any of those graves. Were it's just it's crazy.
Speaker 2: It you, KNOW i don't know like The muslim SO i don't know what you're talking. About. President, yeah, Yeah South. Africa what are you talking? About?
Speaker 8: You you said it was the president that was chanting like kill the, boys which means kill the white. People, yeah it. Was it was a political, rally but it wasn't the actual president himself saying that it wasn't the president deny. It he did deny.
Speaker 2: It oh, yeah he has.
Speaker 5: Denied, yeah, yeah he, denied And trump played video, going oh it's, Happening, yes, sir he played the Van bush and didn't he played the video of the fact that you obviously know this is going on because IF i can look at, it you.
Speaker 2: Can, Too, yes, right?
Speaker 8: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Yeah uh we? Continue, uh let's you, well, NO i, didn't AND i understand that for, time but everybody jumps right in the, middle And i'm, LIKE i don't have a. SUBJECT i don't know what they're talking. About but there getting to the. Point but AND i like him getting to the.
Speaker 1: Point.
Speaker 2: Boy Way we Continue Rick burcher's show on screen phone, calls go, ahead good.
Speaker 9: Morning how are you guys On, Foreigner Love?
Speaker 2: Love foreigner should be in The rock And Round hall Of. Fame it's A Travistan, yes speaking of, THAT i read an article the guy who's the singer now that Replaced Lou. Graham now he's quitting or. Retiring oh, really and they're going to like the guitar players because none of the members of the band were actually In. Foreigner, yeah the, Right but, anyway and THEN i Think Lou graham's doing some live shows with him because they're gonna have a like A broadway play about their music or something weird that's not Dare Uh we Continue Rick burger's show unscreen phone, calls go, AHEAD.
Speaker 11: I want to pack, okay.
Speaker 2: All right to heal if you Miss larry's car earlier. Today do not missing the archive whatever you, do don't you know? That, Ye welcome to The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone.
Speaker 8: Calls go, Ahead Hey, Robert Hey.
Speaker 2: Robert we continue on screen phone. Calls this is The Rick Burgers. Show go.
Speaker 11: Ahead, Hey, RICK i didn't know if you had knew this. Around i'm sure you. Do But Jamie johnson was actually born In enterprise and grew Up montgomery and went TO. Jsu that may be why he's what's so interested in the book about your.
Speaker 2: Dad, YES i didn't know all. That we actually covered that with him when he was on the. Show, yeah we did know that normally Carry you're, right AND i normally carry. It we, Continue Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, Calls go.
Speaker 11: AHEAD i wanted to just say how MUCH i appreciate you. BOOK i listened to it On. Spotify i've been with you all since nineteen ninety.
Speaker 22: Five and however present of the book is meant to. ME i lost my father On may, ninth and then two days later my mother on the eleventh Of Mother's, stage AND.
Speaker 15: I just wanted to SAY i.
Speaker 22: Appreciate and they were going through Dementsia Alzheimer's oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it's. Such it really. Is i'm glad that it's been ministrying to. You and we had other people on Text nation asking if the book was on. Audio it. Is it's not to audible, yet but as he, said did you, write it's On spotify And, Apple so, yes there is an audio. Version we'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Then this is The Rick Burgess. Show sure we played a little, Ball Rick.
Speaker 2: Burgess here we, Go. America thank you for being with us. Today you can continue to hang out and you can contact us on The Text nation or call us same number eight eight eight the number Six Big. Vox don't forget coming out this, weekend episode, three tell us from the Camp. HOUSE a lot of you been waiting on. That we have Two Burgess Bass. Battle the show goes to the camp house and to the farm and we have our own mini bass tournament and then a fish fry to. Follow, well, hey if y'all want to come down, THERE i mean we can do. It i'll cook you some fish or something like. It and so all that is. Coming it will come out this weekend for episode, Three so grab that on the YouTube. Channel Yesterday's bible study archive is there uh in in job chapter, fourteen so you can grab that. Too. Yeah the More i'm looking into this smash burger, THING i think we're just renaming. Something this has been around. Forever this was the way burgers were done to begin. With not, Really, Greg you put you put a patty on a griddle and you smash. It, Greg, now not. Us i'm talking about. RESTAURANTS i mean this has been around. FOREVER i mean this is how most burgers were. Done you you don't think. That have you ever eaten a fast food hamburger before? That patty don't look? Smashed? No yes it. Is oh, gosh you can't bring this. Up great things? Great the only places Serve greg Aided Johnny rockets. Smashed i've, Eaten i've eaten.
Speaker 8: Smash it's all.
Speaker 2: Smashed you get a, hamburger huddle house. Smashed it's. Good you. SMASHED i didn't say it wasn't. Good like it's some.
Speaker 8: New it's called a smash.
Speaker 2: Burger you need to call it like a. GOOD i love a smash, burger a restaurant. Burger the thick ones that aren't. SMASHED i like those. Two we'll make your mind. Up Like rick expends what. Mood i'm in AND i cook something on the grill YESTERDAY a smash. Them, NO i did not say at. HOME i prefer like. That let me tell you. SOMETHING i thought about, THIS i really. DID i thought about this. Yesterday And gretelberger is good to. Me sometimes the, sinless sometimes the simplest is the. Best you, know how you have these. Things you remember when you were a kid and you would, like, Please, MAMA i hope you're making this, Today Please. Mama and you know when you would come in and you see you, go, she's, oh she's Making. PHILADELA i will say that at our house on the list of, ooh and that's WHAT i call. It that's what the. List, oh that's. Good that is WHEN i see That sherry has come in or she sent me to get all the ingredients for burgers on the. Grill i'm just telling, you burger's on the grill tough to be had it yesterday sitting. Out it's so, good just so. GOOD a little purple onion on, it a little a little thick. Patty not smashing.
Speaker 16: It you didn't smash, it you know.
Speaker 2: WHAT i, mean just come from smash. IT i like to eat a smash. BURGER i don't know why we've given people, say, oh have you had a smash? Burger, yes SINCE i was the first time my mama told me to. Huddle you get.
Speaker 8: More crispy brown. Parts and especially if you THINK i don't know that if you go.
Speaker 2: Out to that grocery store out in the middle of, wherever that is where you eat the burgers inside, it it's a little odd because you're inside a convenience store and over, here over, here you can actually literally walk from your eating and buy your PEPs it off the. Shelf jay and Jess, Rick, Yeah jay And, jays that's a smash. Burger it's been a smash burger for. Day who is?
Speaker 8: That why are you?
Speaker 2: Thinking we're all thinking IT'S i do commercials like. This now we got smash. Burgers, WELL i think that's.
Speaker 8: Just like it's it's you get more crispy brown.
Speaker 2: Stuff how ABOUT i know? That but what So i'm pardon me for not smashing my? Burger what kind of cheese you put on it? YESTERDAY i don't do. CHEESE i don't go. Home i'm trying to do a little.
Speaker 1: Better don't do.
Speaker 8: Cheese you don't cheese? Now that is something to get worked On.
Speaker 2: AMERICA i MEAN i went out when girl When i'm throwing well not, no IT'S i MEAN i wouldn't get whipped up were cheese, Today but but the h some guy who don't eat cheese whipp me. TODAY i tell people about. It but you can do a cheese on your IF i. DO i just put your Standard american cheese right on, top just like you get them like the craft. SINGLES i love. That, YEAH i will say, this do you go cheese melted on patty or just add? It when you're putting your melting on.
Speaker 8: Pay as soon as you put that cheese.
Speaker 2: On you can't put it. Under why it's still. Raw but you got you gotta let the patty, COOK.
Speaker 8: I, said as soon as you flip. It so you put the put the paddy, down let it, cook flip it down down the bottom. Side that was, hot flip. It put that cheese on two. Flips, well, yes because you're not doing smash. Burger what you didn't know about what.
Speaker 2: You do is you cook the bottom, flip let it, cook flip back then. Cheese but you let the cheese come down there and melt on the Kobe jack's people make a big thing about WHERE i am on On Kobe. JACK i don't like. It i'll tell you, THIS i like it better than the regular craft. Singles, well what's wrong with you they? Getting? Then then get on your this one.
Speaker 8: Right here with bacon and it's got cheese on it because it's.
Speaker 2: Their. Smash look? Good you love, that especially IF i really want to get fat. AGAIN i like those. Pickles, yeah you've never had smashed there there all, Right i've had a. Smash just thought that was only burger there. Was they just came. Out, well you've never had.
Speaker 9: One let me.
Speaker 2: Chee WHEN i was. Shot when somebody grill, Burgers i'm, like why did't they smash? THEM i mean that's been you're calling just regular little thin paddy. Smashed the not all. Smashed they are just thin. Mostmas you're telling Me jay And Jay's. GROCERY i haven't been there it is you're telling. Me you tell Me huddle house was. SMASHED i don't think you just put on the. Ground they can literally smash. IT i don't think it was. Smashed do you guys have a?
Speaker 8: Smasher do you guys have a? Smash?
Speaker 2: Y'all you need to. SPATULER i, know.
Speaker 5: But me to say that's Not, no that's. Different, no you got to have the heavy smasher you put on it and and it's it's. Cooking y'all are. Smash that's.
Speaker 8: Different you're talking different, now, gullible that's WHAT i.
Speaker 2: DO i don't think Huddle house has a. SMASH i think its just a thin because it would. Double how do you let people get away with claim you gotta have a special thing to smash? It people get, away they're. Not you're not smashing.
Speaker 22: That you?
Speaker 2: Are you Going kobe? Cheese you think you need a special thing for. SMASHING i don't even know who you. Are the next, thing you're going to be listening To George straight and changing your. Mind oh, BOY i.
Speaker 8: Put american on the kids, burgers AND i Put Colby jack on mine Because i'm an.
Speaker 2: Adult, yeah what about Pepper? JACK i ain't bad.
Speaker 8: A project, Great i'm that.
Speaker 2: Too that's the. Worst you've never had a. Smash you don't know what we're talking. About you don't know about. It, Rick WHEN i was, five smash in the, sixties when we were, Kids, rick all the fast food, restaurants not none of them had. SMASHED i don't even know. You they DIDN'T i don't even know. You so you're telling me THAT i didn't have. Smashed i'm talking about fast. FOOD i didn't talk about fast. FOOD i did not steak and. Shake never been? THERE i think you've never been. To how are you? WHY i Think i've only been once or twice because there's none WHERE i. Live right, Ever Johnny rockets Smash burger never been a, giant Right i've. BEEN i went To helena by the way When JOHN i think it was just good. Thing When Johnny, rocketts When Johnny Rocketts, burger When Johnny rockets decided to pack up and Leave birmingham at Crushby.
Speaker 8: Rick here's how here you can use a. Spatulot but you notice he's using a stick and a.
Speaker 2: Spatch but do you see what he has there that's called a Spatulo.
Speaker 8: Yeah and then the parchment paper or, whatever butcher paper. Whatever you we're.
Speaker 2: Even pretending that there's some sort of process to making the smash. Burger, yep this's something we have to learn on. YouTube but y'all kidding?
Speaker 8: Me it is what kind of? Pickles are we? Talking bread and? Butter you go. Deal what do you do?
Speaker 2: Kosher?
Speaker 8: Kosher what dal?
Speaker 2: Deal? Deal, okay like in big.
Speaker 8: Clawss So i'll go bread and butter every once in a.
Speaker 2: While Even i'd rather do that on a, sandwich BUT i will do that on all, right just like the out of the. Jar, okay me. Too you a little knock off, it that'll be. Weird the juice'll be. Weird you got cramps that little.
Speaker 8: Bump this is probably not, true BUT i heard That chick Fil a marinates their chicken in pickle. Juice that is, correct Which i've been doing, that and.
Speaker 2: It is good urban. Legend But i've heard.
Speaker 8: IT i tried.
Speaker 2: It it's. Good got. An if you're working there, Now i'm gonna ask. You i'm gonna ask you about.
Speaker 5: That as soon as we get this score to be happy to come over to your, House rick and grill some smash burgers for you to, say don't.
Speaker 8: You at it because you don't know about.
Speaker 2: It the burger THAT i ate yesterday is the greatest burger the world has ever, known and any all burgers stand down and they bow to that. Burger did you make the patty by? Hand or was my wife does the patties by. Hand we never buy them, Already, patty and she does it really really they hold together. Great she put some seasoning in there and they're just. Fantastic and then of COURSE i grilled them to.
Speaker 8: Perfection and how long are you doing on The how long on the?
Speaker 2: GRILL i don't give a. Time are you doing? That think about you take the spatula and you and when you feel that that it's, firm you take it. Off, okay that's.
Speaker 8: Fine you don't have to BE.
Speaker 2: I, mean you're you're just a. Sudden you're talking down to me like as more of.
Speaker 8: A guest to put some time or on. It a, guesstimation probably it.
Speaker 2: Varies three, minutes, yeah probably you're talking probably, five five to seven minutes side or total total seven. Total let me ask you. This have you done the, trick whether you put the pizza eyes on, it make it, real you BECOME i, will, dude you become a weird burger. PERSON i don't do.
Speaker 20: IT i didn't know.
Speaker 2: You i've seen.
Speaker 8: People, YEAH i think that's.
Speaker 2: Gimmicky you need to.
Speaker 5: Waited cat's iron smash burger weighted the little tool you weighed.
Speaker 2: Down how about this beginning, now you.
Speaker 8: Don't have to.
Speaker 2: Wait you just smash. It you don't need to. Wait you don't know what you're talking. About you can be, light thank, you doesn't have to be heavy just so you're just gonna smush all the juices.
Speaker 8: Out, no you just put it. Down you live it, smashed and then you would cook it, right you got brown crispies.
Speaker 2: And then put that heavy duty burger. Smasher i've had these things before and, then AND i think you think you have.
Speaker 20: That you.
Speaker 2: Haven't i've seen the brown. Crispies i'm Going i'm taking.
Speaker 1: Everybody this is The Rick Burgess, show The Rick Butcher.
Speaker 2: Thank you Tex. NATION i, mean anybody ever watched THE tv Show Alice Every Burger? Mail did you put it on the? Griddle he smashed it down and he got the crispy. Edges every you paid that much attention To. Alice it's a. Diner it was a pretty good, show like every diner service Smash. BURGER i, do Like alice GO i. DID i don't like talking about that, now BUT i. Did of COURSE i was a little. Kid what DID i? KNOW i KNOW i. Did that's my. Grip, hey get me ask you. This if you heard, this this this thing and it's so. COOL i don't know if you ever heard about. It picture like a hot. Dog, yeah and they put it like on a. Stick, no and they and they put like corn. Mill you may not have heard of it. Before it's just it's this latest stream. Thing, yeah and and people are like eating them everywhere and they'll serve. Them IT'S i don't know what it's, called but they've got a new name for it. NOW i THINK i would call that corn. Though, no it's. Not it's not. That it's it's actually just a weenie with cornmeal on it on a. Stick this deep. Fried it's. Not it's not a corn dogs smash. Coin it's a it's a smash weenie that was actually arry earlier in the. Show yes it. Was, hey let's start. It can we start a trend if it gets viral that burgers are good for? You they, Are they are. Good they make me. Happy if if you take everything off of it and just eat the, meat you're fine to do. That but, then but that's the. Thrill don't you have a lot of stuff you get put on? There, yes chili on. Top i'm going to ask you a direct, question AND i THINK i know the. Answer i've seen it. Happen, Okay i've even been pressured to do. It If i'm trying to do a little bit, Better i'd like to have a bundless, hamburger, please it's just wrapped in lettuce and either lettuce or just a or just a. PATTY i THINK i would rather just not have a. Hamburger, yeah get something. Else, Now i'll tell you what you didn't. Get you didn't get a. Hamburger if you want to present it to me as a hamburger steak and then give me some, sides, Okay, yeah But i'm not gonna sit here and have sitting on my plate some patty with a piece of lettuce across, it or are just sitting in the patty and you keep telling Everybody i'm cutting back on my. Bread, YEAH i hate to say. This i've done. That, YEAH i know you. Have i've seen, it or haven't seen, it heard about, it or they just they take half of it.
Speaker 5: Off and the only reason Is terry're doing gluten. FREE i was running with.
Speaker 2: Her AND i didn't want to get a big old juicy.
Speaker 5: Burger in front of trying to make us feel, bad so so we ordered and boy was. Good there's gluten free bunds, now, YEAH i, know BUT i mean not everybody serves.
Speaker 2: Them, yeah let me all apart in your. Hand it was. Great, yeah aren't They let me tell you what needs to be. Banned go, Ahead, yeah, yeah we're ready For. God you look gluten. Free, no, yeah. Definitely. No The portabello mushroom and they act like it's. MEAT i hate. That that's the worst thing in. History IF i could get rid of. Everybody, look it's a, hamburger but guess what it's good for. You it's got a mushroom in the middle of. It just to have a piece of. Meat, yeh that's got. About i've never eaten. It i'll go, there but that's got to be the most horrible thing in the.
Speaker 6: World.
Speaker 2: Yeah when you cook the mushroom like you, Do, patty you can cook.
Speaker 8: It like, yeah LIKE i, say they, say it's like a. STEK i, Mean i've eaten mushrooms like that, before But i'm always adding some actual real protein with. It it's not going to be a.
Speaker 2: Substitute, No, no it's.
Speaker 5: Not how About Terry ran And Jimmy John's not too long ago she came out and she had me a sub and hers was wrapped in.
Speaker 2: LETTUCE i, said what are we? Doing it's not it's.
Speaker 8: Terrible the crunch is, nice.
Speaker 2: But you're doing. That you're not doing that for. Enjoyment you're just doing it for couch trying to do. Better. Uh to, me the hamburger like you're talking, about is all the stuff that goes with. It it's the it's the purple, onion it's it's it's the right amount of. Mustard it's the right, pickle it's the right. Cheese it's the all that. Is just to, say and how about, This i'll go this. Far it's the right. Button don't just pick any bun, now spend some time on. It you're, right look for you look for a good. Month how you feel about the pretzel? BUN i don't mind it because it's not. Really let me tell WHAT i hate some giant. Pretzels those are. Horrible they're, Terrible AND i thought the pretzel bunn be like.
Speaker 8: That but it's.
Speaker 2: Not it's. Not it's it's just like a dog BECAUSE i like stuff.
Speaker 8: Like a big.
Speaker 2: Pretzel the base pretzels, there they're so, salty.
Speaker 8: You got to brush half the salt the ninety percent of the salt of your.
Speaker 2: Brush no, salt and get a lot of. Mustard how ABOUT i never enjoyed those big GIANT i just don't dipping them in change and finished big giant. Pretzel, listen the the one thing that the other one. IS i don't mind a pretzel bun at a. Restaurant i'm not bringing a pretzel bun. Home you'll never see me grill out with pretzel Bu, No, no it has to be at a. Restaurant, yeah If i'm grilling, OUT i go get that twelve pack down there At Edwards. GROCERY i don't.
Speaker 8: KNOW i don't want the top of my. BUN i want the top of my buns. TOASTED i want the. Inside but the part that's my, hand the part of the bun that my hand is squeezing on my, INTERESTING i want that to just. Don't that's just a little thin layer of.
Speaker 2: Butter put it on there for just a little bit and then just get. Them oh, good punch.
Speaker 8: You on the, inside but nice soft fluffy buns on the.
Speaker 2: OUTSIDE i understand about the. Griddle are you willing? To And i've done this and it's worth. It SOMETIMES i won't put the effort, in but it's worth. It have you put your button up on the very top you know that you, have, yeah the top, tray the top tray of the, grill and let them get a little crispy up there there. Were it's, effort, Effort it, works BUT i love. It not willing to do it every.
Speaker 5: Time i'm a grill out and look to my left through My american flag flying in the.
Speaker 2: Wind sure that you don't take care of it? PROPERLY i. DO i don't put it up until you. KNOW i don't leave it. Out whatever you, do do not day, weekends do not or fly, damn do not flip the switch of these flag. People you bring it. In you bring it in at. Night you're supposed to bring it. In, NO i have a. LIKE i don't think it's light has been approved by the. Way he does not have a lot. ON i, do BUT i don't put it. Up WHEN i put it, UP i. Do it's a little solar, light solar light batteries then no sol cloudy.
Speaker 5: DAYS i don't put it up except for like you, Know, aime.
Speaker 8: It's not a, rag it's a, flag thank.
Speaker 2: YOU i. Know that's WHY i put it is?
Speaker 5: It are you mine to touch the ground, either like, y'all y'all just drag years around.
Speaker 2: Them apparently we are?
Speaker 22: You are?
Speaker 2: You fourth Of July Memorial day? Only?
Speaker 5: No fourth Of July Memorial, Day Veterans, Day Labor? Day Why Labor? DAY i don't. KNOW i just Feels american, address does it?
Speaker 2: Not WHAT i got to do with the?
Speaker 1: Flag?
Speaker 2: Huh What's Labor day got do with the? FLAG i don't. KNOW i, MEAN i JUST i would Think Labor day basically three day. Weekend you'll put it up pretty.
Speaker 8: Much you're supposed to fly to half staff till noon On. Monday you better do.
Speaker 6: That?
Speaker 2: Huh why because It's Memorial?
Speaker 5: Day you're, RIGHT i forgot. About it's gonna be tough to. Do you, know you tam set up that. Way, no, well most homes aren't the ones who carry ARE i?
Speaker 2: Am the? Flag you get that.
Speaker 8: String on, it like you, know like you draw?
Speaker 2: String what do you? Do what do you? Do stick something in the? Ground you got the start and the? BARS a fair?
Speaker 8: Question fair.
Speaker 2: QUESTION i wear MY i wear My John daily flag, shorts Which i'm sure is standing in the yard with your hands on your hip And i'm, sure that's about as offensive as you can. GET i WEAR i don't mean to be that. WAY i wear My Apollo create shorts from The Rocky. Fight do you even have a flag at the? Farm, yes don't get hung, properly don't ask do not flying? Properly it is it's in the barn in like a. Cabinet it is not not the, barn right. Eye so we when we're down, there like for when that, flag the things you decide to, sing there's something about? Me are you being? Pregnant and now that?
Speaker 8: Great did you SAY i have the stars and bars?
Speaker 10: Following, yeah you.
Speaker 2: DO i always.
Speaker 8: Forget, no that's not.
Speaker 2: It, NO i don't have You you got that With Hank williams junior face in the middle of it.
Speaker 8: And heritage not hate Grad.
Speaker 20: Is that?
Speaker 2: Truth is that? True right?
Speaker 8: There, yes that's.
Speaker 2: True oh we got to scutt. That are they really all? Right we'll talk about that top of the. Hour thanks you being with us, Today. American this is The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 1: Show.
Speaker 16: Listen you know.
Speaker 22: You got.
Speaker 1: Blood casting for The New world The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show so let's. Go so let's. Go thank you so much for being with Us. America. Ada i'm interested in the number. Nines the number nines, buddy as we start a brand NEW, iur we thank you for being, Here, Speedy greg and aber all. Here we covered a lot. Today anything you missed go grab those archives on our podcast channel or The Rick Burgess show YouTube, channel available to you every day this. Weekend episode nineteen Of rick And Bubba's Greatest hits In Radio gold the brand new podcast nineteen episodes in as of this, weekend eighteen already. Done relive some of those great. Moments also episode three this weekend Of tales from The Camp house on The Rick Burgess show YouTube. Channel The Burgess Bass battle coming this weekend as you enjoy the long, weekend so be sure and grab. That episode two Of Strange encounters the new podcast is also available to. You there's two episodes if you want to catch up on that about spiritual warfare and Yesterday's Wednesday Bible study also available to.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, So, speedy you have taken graduations and you've turned them now into parents. Barking we've been playing back some of you that have been recording the, barks and a lot of you are lacking confidence in the. Bark it's.
Speaker 5: Tough you can be all barking until it's.
Speaker 2: Time you got to be all. In So adler's got some videos today about different things that are going, on either at college graduations or high school. Graduations one of them is kind of odd a B i want to talk about a minute BECAUSE i actually think this might have been something that we all. Needed have you ever been involved at? ALL i know you AND i all of us. Here you, know in our line of, work you can end up at an event where people, say read this list of. Names. Yeah, Boy i've never been so. Happy is WHEN i went over to our, hometown Greg oxford and got to speak to The Calhoun County chamber Of, commerce and all the way up to a few hours before the, event they told ME i had to call out the awards as well as, speak and all of a sudden they finally sent an. Email, oh by the, way two of the people of the chamber are going to read the. Awards you just have to. Speak i've never been SO i was so. Thrilled you tell. It messing up people's names on important, Moments, well nowadays everybody tries to be sharp and come up with a weird way to spell. Names you ever noticed. That, Yeah i've noticed. That like signing, stuff if you, know when you get into the world of signing things for, people don't ever assume that just because it's a simple, name you know how to spell. It, yeah people spell things. Weird people people spell things. Weird i'm using a WHY i ask about.
Speaker 5: Spelling and don't ever assume someone's pregnant, yea because they might not with a?
Speaker 8: Why, Wow jordan with a. Why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah let's start. First, SORRY i just the. Universe somebody feel.
Speaker 8: Bad somebody's sitting in their car right now just THINKING i DON'T i.
Speaker 2: Know, Sorry, sorry thanks for doing. That, also, also someone said be careful when you turn the show. ON i turned the show on today and ALL i heard Was adlers say, THIS i like my buns. Toasted, yeah all, Right so let's go To university Of buffalo graduate chased by police and escort it out because he took his infant son on the stage with.
Speaker 8: Him, yes this, knucklehead this, Knucklehead, well the school told him that he couldn't do. It well there and, well initially they said he, could and then they said he. Couldn't there is y'all insane footage of this dude just running up there with his baby in his, arms and it's a little uh it's is it really that? Important? Yeah this is The university Of. Buffalo and look he's running with the.
Speaker 2: Baby and the baby has a cap and gown.
Speaker 8: On that's.
Speaker 2: Hilarious that is very.
Speaker 8: Cute, okay that's. Cute crowd goes. Nuts and then the police follow.
Speaker 2: Him, okay so if they can't, you what are they gonna?
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 1: Well what she.
Speaker 2: And the police seems kind of. Laughing she had a? Gun so why was a real? Cop? Yeah, YEAH i, know but why? What what rule is he? Broken you can't bring your get on? Stage they told him not, to and obviously you have to have. Rules uh you. KNOW i mean this from a man who, barked, well thank, YOU i don't thank.
Speaker 8: You he's watched this man. Running look he acted like he was all not gonna do, it and then here he takes off and, yeah look behind, him look behind him chasing. Him, yeah so here he is in. Trouble here he, is he's kind of slow walking.
Speaker 2: It watch him get up and chase him and he starts to.
Speaker 8: Run now you can TAKE.
Speaker 2: I don't understand why you. Can't and if you had somebody else's. Baby, sure shift the cost and shot him.
Speaker 7: My.
Speaker 2: Watch but why why are If i'm coming up there in orderly fashion with my kid and a little tiny cap and gown with, me what why is that so? BAD i, mean if it's not the, rule you got to follow the. RULES i got, that it's not worth signing.
Speaker 8: Everybody everybody's going to start bring their kid then you got?
Speaker 2: It gets did you see the one or you might have? IT i haven't looked where the principle makes the kid go. Back YES i. Did he's like he comes at it and he's, like it's like you, know it goes up to, me back and he goes back and has turned around and walk. Up so here's the other ONE i was talking. About this is not a bad. Idea colleges are using A i name. Readers that's not it'll mess. Up uh is A i ready for? This we're giving it giving him the responsibility too.
Speaker 8: Fast so every kid was given a, link and then this link took them to a spot where they were supposed to phonetically spell out their, name like if you have a, weirdness write it. Phonetically then the app understands it and then it plays it back for the student before they even get on, stage to make sure the app is saying it. Right then they get on the stage and a person just scans their, phone so instead of having a slip with your name on, it it scans your phone and you can hear and it's Pretty the voices are pretty, good all, Right so they scan the. Phone that's it and it's.
Speaker 23: Instant Sophia, Cicero oh Even.
Speaker 8: Cia.
Speaker 2: Sabrina. Ellie, okay That's Jeremy. Brosneck where are we on? THIS i kind of dig.
Speaker 8: It it's like he, said a grocery store scanning the. Tops if you pick your own, VOICE i guess you can pick your own, Voice caitlin.
Speaker 2: AGAIN i WISH i could pick Like gary or. Something, hey somebody's going to crack into. That put some offensive, Hey Christopher eagle And shanaia Black, Well Shannaia, black Shann Twain, black you, know, star somebody will crack and it will Be. Harry but now you're, right AND i and are people, thinking would you WOULD i be willing to give up that moment for?
Speaker 7: That?
Speaker 2: Probably? Absolutely? Probably all? Right no more deep, voice don't you dare say? It don't you dare say. It somebody, SAID i dare you to bring that The memphis and. Truck that's, FUNNY i know what You, no no way they can remember remember that and you and you know you don't have any room to talk because you once did that live on a. Remote but don't do. Anything there's a certain things A ryan brilliant cut. Down all. Right we've said. This we've said this many times on the, show talking to the, owner you, know even our own, Days, greg even our own, dad who of course is a big topic right, now again claimed that he only used words that were in The, bible even though there were some he. USED i never, FOUND i never. Found there's different sensitivities that people have and then their. Stuff But, greg and then there's those those those those few words that the entire world has agreed, on the entire world has, said, no we all find out how right And speedy pulls out one of. THOSE i, mean there's not one, person not one person live that would have looked at that word that, said, oh that's not offensive at. ALL i remember the sales people even. Cringe the sales manager took a knee right in front of the glass case because he was there to make sure everything went. Okay hiding the guy. Owner he just kind of stood. Down it's, like, yes like he was in. SHOCK i cat of, COURSE i kept trying to but when all.
Speaker 23: Those people showed, up he. Was he was excited about, it coming to see What speedy was. Advertising all, RIGHT i need a, shower.
Speaker 1: Been, over.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess. Show he has Known Greg bridges for his entire. Life upset.
Speaker 2: Burchase that explains a lot from Text. Nation uh, hey, Guys i've already gotten a signed COPY A Men Don't run in the. RAIN i need six more for Various man family. Members what DO i need to? Do get it From rick burgesshow dot com Or? Amazon, OKAY i can answer. That if you don't care about them getting, Signed amazon's. Fine but if you want them, signed the only option are our, websites Either rick burgesshow dot, Com themanchurch dot, com Or burgessministries dot. Com amazon does not have a click here for a signed copy, option so if you want to sign, copies you need to go back to our website and use that. Link if you don't care about it being, signed Then amazon's. Fine let me point you To fatty. Fifteen dot com slash Big Box fatty. Fifteen you won't forget that. Name but what is this all, About, Birch, Well i'll tell you there's a number of different products that we love to talk about here on the, show but there's never been anything quite like, this not like fatty. Fifteen it's pioneering health at a sailor. Level developed by doctor in collaboration WITH Us. Navy fatty fifteen is the result of years of. Research you can see the whole story there at their. Website what they wanted to do is to try to isolate the good. Fat do you remember when everybody, said, oh you got to get to get to the fat, out fat free and then we, whoa wait a, minute there's some good, fats and that really one of them that's good for brain. Help so we need to put that back in our bodies to help protect us against age related. Breakdowns LIKE i just, said essential fatty acids are critical nutrients for the body and need to support ourselves and sustain good. Health but many foods contain a mix of the good and the. Bad fatty acid always sounds Like i'm saying something else fatty. Acids that's, hilarious but, anyway there's one that really everybody wants to go, after AND i can't pronounce. IT i think it's penta decontiac or. Something bottom line is CALLED sea. Fifteen let's go WITH cea. Fifteen fatty fifteen is the first supplement of pure essential vegan friendly. ADDLER ce. Fifteen one a day is all you need to, take and we can get them at fifteen percent off ninety day subscription right. Now this is a great. Product go look at the Research fatty fifteen dot com slash big, vox or go To rick burgesshow dot. Com you'll find it right there under the. Sponsors But rick spigging a fatty acid a thousand pounds sisters was on last Night tammy rode a zip? Line no she? Did she?
Speaker 20: Did?
Speaker 8: What how did?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 2: Zipline? Dude did she's down to like two? Thirty no way from nearly eight? Hundred and how did it? Go she loved? It, Rick she never got to do anything like. That she was typically there or did you get to hold her legs up when they put? Her they got seat? Here it is good, night we have it checking, ma check my, gosh what is? That looks like a roller? Coaster oh, Yeah look she's going for skin. Removal what do we?
Speaker 8: Do skin was like a. Parachute oh but.
Speaker 2: She still has big. Hands oh, yeah h about to make your. Chicken they just fuck the. Chicken what are they, doing? Y'all all the winds doing. That there's like a.
Speaker 8: Parachute i've heard of bingo, wings but That's ridiculousler could no.
Speaker 2: Bless her brother and he is. Funny oh bless her. Heart so you watch? That oh, yeah how do you do? It it's, hilarious? Hilarious how did you get past all?
Speaker 17: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah you know. Whatever he's got a strong stufm it he. Does but she's she's been accepted for skin. Removal you gotta Get oh so they're going to start helping around a little. Bit. Yeah she weighed nearly eight hundred pounds or it's between. YOU i think either six to seven hundred seven eight. Hundred she has to feel she's down to thirty something, Sweety what do you? Do she she has to feel, bad of. Course see if we can fix mama's mouth on, her she'd put her in for. That she does have a. Gap she.
Speaker 8: Weighed she Weighed her heaviest weight was seven hundred and twenty five.
Speaker 2: Pounds, okay, wow, wow, WOW i know what three o five felt. Like it wasn't. Pretty look every one of, them all the, siblings and they're they're all like her. Brother they showed him in the. Past he was. Gigantic, Really, yeah have they lost? Weight, Yeah and you're, saying but you're saying because they are the genuine article of white, trash that's the. Weight so the weight that doesn't make it. Better, no, yeah it a little. Bit do you wish that they had already transitioned, though to looking a little more normal because they all look a little bit the. Monstrosities yeah's.
Speaker 8: Monstrosities you know that?
Speaker 2: Skin and now she got the first word that just came out of. Nowhere it just came right Out. Rick she's got a goose on that beat the BAND i.
Speaker 8: Love you can see her balls in.
Speaker 2: There it's like her bones are under a. Blanket all that or. Harness but. Looks but here's the sad. Part she, said growing up she never got to do anything like that because she was too. Fast good for, her and that they waited had to wag on in before they let him do, that did? They, yeah brother barely made, it but he made it. Limbit, yeah so you pulled for, him, like do you talk to The come, On, tam you'll Be did all of them make? It they get To, yeah they all got. Zip how'd the brother? Do he did? Good he had kind of rough. Landing he was pretty. Good it's. Funny so now what's the other, sister purple?
Speaker 15: Hair?
Speaker 2: Amy did she get to do? It amy didn't want to do? It she, Refused she, Refused she. Refused amy wouldn't do. It how heavy?
Speaker 20: She?
Speaker 2: Now she she's not. THAT i mean she obviously a little, large but nothing in her? Twos oh She oh, yeah but she's real? Short how? Short how short of? THAT i don't, Know. TAMMY i don't think she's very. TALL i don't. Know i'm just. Saying but But amy's, mad because everybody's. Mad she's getting married to some guys she hadn't. Known but about a, month of, course she just got bit by a camel and the police found marijuana in the car and arrested. Her that was now they got to go to, court and that's what you get. For she had a medical, card but she was in the state she was. In doesn't. Reckon now that's what you get for kitching a ride With Jammie. Johnson we've moved past. That we, did we, did but ANYWAY i. Stopped you'll get a kick out Of tammy on the zip, line, right that zip line that looked pretty. Fun, yeah it was like a METAL i like that zipline better than going across an. Area, yeah like a roller.
Speaker 8: Coast it's just a roller coaster where you're by yourself.
Speaker 2: And you're kind of sitting in a little.
Speaker 5: Seat, yeah because she's not holding she is she wearing a sleeveless shirt or those sleeves just struggling?
Speaker 2: Up how about a thin long? Shirt? Yeah how do how can we have to keep watching? It she's just a Grinning she's missing that. One, yeah she could ask the brother says fat people shouldn't leave the. BRAND a good. Point why he comes up like? That he, Laughed he's. Funny what if you had A smashburger while watching? THAT i would be in? Heaven this have you heard about this new and you get a bun and there's like a windows right? Right like something? New rick acts like Smash burger's this whole LIFE.
Speaker 6: I Have.
Speaker 2: And i'm thankful for. THEM i love. THEM i think they're. Great and now at least if we want to have a name for, him that's. FINE i like.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: Chrispyan i'm thinking about a place That right Now i'm doing a commercial for this got. Them i'm gonna go check it. Out say what's? Up? SO i, MEAN i love. ONE i just didn't. Know you didn't know there was such a comeback at. Them now we'll, back we'll come. Back i've got somebody's asking me HAVE i seen The Brett favre? Documentary did you go?
Speaker 7: In?
Speaker 2: No But i've got some emails of people warned me that it might be not be a rough, riding you, KNOW i just you know how you just. DON'T i, mean because the things that are in there have already been. Covered some of it they've gotten, passed you, Know and it seems like there's been some, resolution except for has all of it been? Resolved is this just a little about? That what's the current? Money is that still out there that may be? Settled i'm not? Sure oh, yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah is he still in legal?
Speaker 2: Trouble i'm here and you've worked out.
Speaker 8: He's still involved with The mississippi welfare Stand, okay he's not been criminally.
Speaker 2: Charged we'll be right back to stay.
Speaker 1: Closer this is The Rick Burgess. Show they are the uncles your parents warned you, about You Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show all, right here we, Go. America what's going?
Speaker 8: On thanks for being with us.
Speaker 2: Today you got The Rick Burgess show approaching day one hundred, tomorrow So Lord, willing if we're, here we'll work through one hundred and midst some of y'all that are coming from all over for the box seats. Tomorrow so looking forward to. That, UH a couple of things we need to look.
Speaker 8: At birch emails roll and. Then but we ain't turning Back Big fox in the. House we're turning it. Loud The Rick Burgess show was rocking the.
Speaker 2: Crowd keep coming questions from email email stack.
Speaker 8: Time but we're on the.
Speaker 2: Goat we got to stack email. Again we're From.
Speaker 8: Haybird Hey, Burch Hey, bush what's the words to?
Speaker 2: Day Big fox in the. Studio we're. Here this sleas all, Right so just dealing with what we are just talking about The BRETT Farv what is it called On? Netflix they got this is a series they're Called.
Speaker 5: Untold UNTIL i just talked To hoby what he? Said he, said Tell rick do not watch, that all? Right he got he, said he got thirty minutes in had to stop.
Speaker 2: It, well some of it in the. Documentary well let me read this. First Uh Sean Hey Bird Jay birch out of out Of florida started watching the, documentary Warning, rick there's another reason you don't want to. Watch Brother Jamel hill is commenting in. It, OH i bet you. Can't she's one of the.
Speaker 8: Experts. Yay i'm just glad that you probably won't bring race Into.
Speaker 2: No, no never. Does also from the Text, nation you know somewhat. Reliable the Text nation, says have y'all heard that the forest are selling their house In? Hasburg you've been there and you. LEFT i didn't say it off Text. Nation you left one sougan. There, remember, well because you told me to what you, got you dared me. Too my back have to tole. It But, rick it was unfortunate TEXT i got from him location. Check you don't gonna Believe i'm at when WHEN i was sitting on the toilet In Brett forbes's, HOUSE i had to text. You that's WHEN i, Said, hey maybe Texting texas Civil come.
Speaker 10: ON i HAVE i have.
Speaker 2: Already, OKAY i thought that was over the line for you to do an upper. Decker, no none of. That all, right that's. Horrible the thing about this, is And i'm not being this this this applies to any. Documentary first of, all there's things in the documentary that we already know and he's already worked through and has been. Resolved but in his marriage and in his. Family so they're going back to old, stuff you, know which we all none of us raise Your hanfew want to be held accountable for everything you've ever done in your life in the. Past, No so in this other, THING i don't know the details of what's going on with, this you, know the welfare thing In. MISSISSIPPI i have no, idea.
Speaker 8: But you KNOW i can give you an update on, that by the.
Speaker 2: Way, yeah but you know the way the thing about documentary, says we all know if there's it's kind of LIKE i look at documentaries the WAY i look at marriage. COUNSELING i don't think anybody should even remotely do marriage counseling that, ever in a moment without both people in the, room if they're not both in the, room you're Never you're not gonna get. Anywhere you got to be in the room Where sposa, says who woll that didn't? Happen, no, no, No and then in what documentaries to me are, LIKE i can show you a. Documentary now if a documentary, says this documentary will now be completely, comprehensive and you will see the, person whoever it, is in this, Case brett faarv giving his side of the. Story you hear other people given their side of the, story and you're gonna hear the investigators their side of the, story and we're going to get all the information anything that just involves one part of the narrative and you never hear the other person, say, well let me clarify that or let me answer that. QUESTION i can put a documentary out where you would Think Brett farr was the greatest man who ever walked the. EARTH i can also put one out that, says, hey he's horrible and all of this it's just according to who's doing the. Documentary but really it ought to. Have we ought to have when we're doing investigative reporting or, documentaries here's everybody. Involved and if you can't get everybody, involved you probably shouldn't do. It that when people don't get a chance to defend themselves or our answers tough, ques our answer hard questions are confirmed that what happened is you, know not, good but anything in the past that people have already worked, through and then you bring it up again like it's current that that for, ANYBODY i don't find that that's a. Slag, yeah AND i just.
Speaker 5: To have hell on, here it loses a lot of. Credibility AND i don't know what's going, on but for her to be on, there come.
Speaker 2: On And i'm not a. Defender AND i, Mean brett AND i have been at best an acquaintance for a period of, time you, know And i've always found my interactions with him and his family to be very. Positive BUT i don't you, know it's been a long time AND i don't know everything about him in order to see about. Me you, know we don't finish off. WELL i, did that's when we were a little bit. Closer. Yeah but, anyways the update on The Mississippi state welfare or you, know complex, Scandal.
Speaker 8: Yeah just legally we're. Standing he's still involved in a civil. Lawsuit the state Of mississippi is seeking to recover over seven hundred thousand in interest on funds that were allegedly. Misspent he has already repaid one point one million in speaking fees that were deemed, improper but the state is also pursuing additional funds related to a concussion drug company and a volleyball facility at his alma. Mater that's just where it. Stands he's not been charged with a he's not been criminally.
Speaker 2: Charged here we, Go hey, bird Hey, burge here's the. Suggestion what do you think about? Tomorrow since you guys are going to hit the one hundred, show maybe doing a version a. Lot you should do the Giant game Of rick And Bubba, knowledge, which by the, Way i'm not sure how WELL i would have. Done But i'm going to tell you. SOMETHING i haven't missed a show on the one hundred. DAYS i THINK i would own this out Of, Kenton. Tennessee how well does the audience know the new show the first one hundred days in a chance to win and? Something not a, suggestions that's only one hundred. Days BUT i just like the fact that he's been with us the whole. Time, yeah not a bad, idea but speedy don't? What, yeah hey, bird J. Burge this comes From Jeremy. Hello my name Is. JEREMY i wanted to drop a message saying thanks and how MUCH i appreciate the new. BOOK i lost my dad In. October he was a lot like your dad in many, ways with the way that he carried himself and the stature that he. HELD i am From kentucky, originally but have lived In england for the last twenty one. YEARS i have been listening to The rick And Bubba show SINCE o. NINE i watched The Bible studies On wednesday From. ENGLAND i have been A christian SINCE i was sixteen years. Old i'm now forty two AND i like reading this book and every chapter has a biblical, application AND i like the questions at the end of the. BOOK i bought the audio book and listened to it in less than sixteen. Hours you and the guys have helped me through times WHEN i miss home and on more than, once have been The south on my spiritual pain through the. Show thanks for. Everyone thanks to everything you guys do and everything the show. Does, FINALLY i know you hear it a, lot but the, books the books mean a. LOT i, LAUGHED i, cried AND i was mesmerized by the new. Book i'm considering using it as A bible, study going chapter by chapter and listen to the chapters and then listen to the. Questions it's helping me remember my dad without immediately wanting to feel. Sad it's actually been quite. Healing well how about, That jeremy out Of, england and so thank you for. That appreciate.
Speaker 8: That hey, bird He.
Speaker 2: Burge this is From. FREDDIE i can't tell you how MUCH i enjoyed the. BOOK i, too am the son of a high school football coach from the. Eighties so much of the imagery that you share in the book bring back memories from my. Childhood what a testament to a great man and a roadmap to biblical manhood in a world where what's biblical often gets labeled as toxic without that actually being true because it doesn't provide. Context thank you for the continued investment in the in, men your determination to lead them to find their purpose In. Christ love the. Show and this is actually from a, coach say, coach, yeah so so how about?
Speaker 1: That and?
Speaker 2: Uh and then of course we've had you, know some others that they came in basically still mad At greg About George. STRAIT i didn't get any of, Those, okay good, right and other people THAT i will say this. Either there was a couple in here with some that that had something to do with, music But i'll just send them on to, you, okay, Okay here is another, One. Greg this goes to. Us Hey, Burge Hey, burge this is From. Patrick this is gonna involve dad as well as you could imagine with the book rolling right. Now several years. Ago this was back on The rick And bubba's. SHOW i recall you And greg had a habit of tormenting your, boyfriends and one of those turned out to be one of your dad's. Kickers. YEAH i can't recall what y'all did or what you told, him but he wounded up getting the, Yips and IF i recall, correctly your dad found out about this and gave both of you and called both of you, severely saying that this kicker was going to had a lot to do with whether he was going to keep his job or. Not and now y'all ruined. Him. GREAT i don't know if it was at that, point but, yeah we did tell him his uniform looked different on him than everybody, else's and we asked him is that like my, design or he got in his. Head, yes he's asked stretching. It he's, asking is that story in the? Book it is. NOT i kind of you, know sometimes you need to let sleeping dogs. LIE i did not want to bring that. BACK i know he's gone, on but our sister's still alive and. Well at one, time, yeah at one, time that kicker actually held the record At Jack. State don't know until until We, yeah we told. Him we just kept, going how your uniform looks different? NOW i, SAID i, said are they cut different? Ones? That does that helped? KICKING i don't, know because he doesn't. Know it's just like everybody. ELSE'S i, said, well they don't look at the, show somebody. Don't you didn't look right on You and he started, missing he started missing extra four and you'd see what they're. Going and dad found out about it and, said what in the world y'all done to the? Kicker, GOD i, said we just rasped him a little. Bit then our sister's Boyfriend, TOM i remember even, going, no it's the same uniform everybody. Has we really got in his head to she didn't have any business dating the. KICKER i, know of, course he's a nice guy though he, was but he was a. Kicker pretty gull of.
Speaker 8: Him he wasn't part of a.
Speaker 2: Person well they together, ANYMORE i will be.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick burgess show.
Speaker 9: In the.
Speaker 1: World it embraces. Mediocrity they Are friday the Leak Burchers.
Speaker 2: Show that's, right, baby almost complete our personal one hundred, days well as sess on tomorrow's Program. America, well somebody On textanation knows who the kicker. Is good, guy serious, guy good. Guy we're just mad some. Weather we liked, Him yes we Are. Textonation you're. Right let me tell you that that's who it. Was any player that had enough guts to ask my sister out and come to the house and eat and, stuff you got respect that you. Got this is where y'all. Feel he had no. Sense it's one of the, other one of the.
Speaker 8: Other so y'all liked, him, yea y'all respected. Him he liked your sister puts you run him off because he was a.
Speaker 22: Kicker he was a.
Speaker 2: KICKER i didn't like. IT i like him playing in a real. Position but, yeah oh le me a funny little note about this kicker, too and the text person doesn't know who it. Is And greg mentioned the break he could also punt the lights out of. It, yeah But dad didn't realize one little thing he couldn't. Catch, yeah so he couldn't catch a. Snap So dad puts him out there to, punt and he's, like, hey this guy can really boot, there you, know you, Know and of course he fumbled a snap right through the end zone and then he, realized wait a, minute this guy can't. Catch so you're still talking about him a bad person if you can't can if we can still talk About Brett forrest, pass we can talk about this. Kid it'd have been like If greg was a. Punter you, Know, Hey, greg how you? Doing That's? GREG i don't. Know regg's just moving along. Here you just talk about a Sudden you have talked about the ball. Game he you'd like him to have better. Hand he don't make him a bad person because he can't care missed the.
Speaker 10: Ball he was.
Speaker 5: Thirty short and he remember down In Willie ball we were up against them boys AND i needed.
Speaker 2: You. Greg you're, right should you judge a person on whether they can catch or? Not But i'll be honest with. You i'd rather somebody be able to. CATCH i would IF i had. To you, KNOW i had a, choice, RIGHT i mean you got a. Choice people hang out with some that can't catch something that. Can, there it is probably the way that.
Speaker 22: Can.
Speaker 2: YEAH i don't know WHY i think he can't, catch no. Reason i've played catch him before now he worked on. It, yeah play and we hold it Against, yeah well we'd have, won, right don't tell you what what he got kicked, though right of the. Family, yeah, okay SO i remember exactly where it happened in the. Yard, see you're the one you walk by. It you think was that the difference in the. Game, well we would have converted AND i think. Scored we were up against it, man and he was open, too wouldn't.
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: Yeah oh so? Open you delivered it, right run a six yard. Hitch turn. Around now you're you're in. There, yeah now you're the. ONE i, mean the football couldn't have hit him anymore and he's going through his hands. Up now you're. In i'm sorry we brought it. Up look it. In it's just catch with your, hands not your chest. Set that's where you mess.
Speaker 5: Up and if you're gonna catch with your, chess get them hands. Up so but he knows we talked about.
Speaker 2: It watch it into your. Hands not that, hard all. Right here we go a couple of. Things so this one is In New. Yorker do you remember the statue that just came out of? Nowhere oh, yeah In Times. Square it Wasn't Times, square, right, yeah we it really didn't make any, sense and it was a big statue of everyday, person an everyday person who happens to be. Black now Pitching, greg and here is A New yorker and this is A New. Yorker this isn't. Us he's gonna Wester, greg have you screened? This this is idler? Now but he And greg won't keep telling me to play this, video so it must be. GREAT i go with. It so here's A New yorker describing the, statue explaining.
Speaker 8: It she was, asked this is An African american, woman asked what she thought about This African american woman Statue.
Speaker 2: You can use black?
Speaker 8: Now, yeah you're.
Speaker 2: Right, wait we're back to be a reduce black. Again, Okay right here we go the bad representation for black.
Speaker 8: Women it's actually.
Speaker 2: Horrible so many successful black women out.
Speaker 8: Here why did you have to Put.
Speaker 16: Laquisia that representation Is. Laquisia the box rays on my.
Speaker 8: Head that's added to you, know like that's a bad.
Speaker 2: Representation it's so many successful black women. Beautiful you had to go dig up.
Speaker 8: Laquish that's a slap in the.
Speaker 2: FAITH i couldn't wait to get her to see if people taking pictures the young lady took a picture between the, legs they make it a mockery of.
Speaker 8: Us oh that's.
Speaker 2: Funny that's, FINE i admit that's. Funny, yeah it's. Funny so of all the images y'all could have give, us you give us a. Clisure that's that's A New yorker saying. That that's the. Question so, also, SPEEDY i think this is perfect for. Me have you have you seen this other video that editors. Got there's a website that allows you to fake your. Workout have you heard about?
Speaker 1: This, yeah only In.
Speaker 8: America these pictures of their routes and their, times and look at.
Speaker 10: ME i did.
Speaker 2: IT i did.
Speaker 8: It, YES i did twenty miles.
Speaker 2: Today BECAUSE i know all of us. Were we couldn't wait to find out what they did physically. Today, yeah we want, it we want we want to we want to know how far you. Ran we wonder how difficult it.
Speaker 8: Was, Right so what you can do is go to fake my run dot. Com that's, Hilarious, yes fakemrun dot com and you can just draw a.
Speaker 2: Route i'm gonna give myself this, unbelievable.
Speaker 8: And then you can even and then it aligns the path to the road and there's your route that you supposedly just. Ran look at, Me i'm amazing you can you can change the pace of what you want it to, be and then you put the date on. There and then fakemrun dot com will let's download this run and, say.
Speaker 2: Look at, me, everybody we're living in miles you just. Ran, yeah well it's a fake. World you might as well have a fake. Run if you don't think there's a lot of people taking advantage of, that you're. Wrong i'm telling. YOU i guarantee, you and they're not letting you know the, Kid, No i'm a. Bragger, well this is the, thing and it's my first time it has been talked. About but one of the, things and of course on that documentary that we talked, About Social dilemma really explains. It it was really never the intent those that created the social media platforms have admitted we misjudge how weird people. Are, yeah we. Didn't we didn't know that people would put a lot of weight on how many likes they get from total. Strangers we didn't know people would put so much weight in the opinions of people they don't. Know we didn't realize that people would obsess over this to the point that they started creating fate lives because they thought it made them look. Better do you realize that if you've created a fake life that you actually don't, live what benefit is that to? YOU i, know because people you, go, well people THINK i live a better life THAN i, Do but the reality is that you. Don't you need to kind of learn to deal with. THAT a lot of that out, There, yeah and maybe overcome the things you got or you, know the reality of it. All, so and i know we're not the first people to say, this But i've heard pastors talk about. This i've heard counselors talk about. This just to, society please stop looking on people's social media and comparing yourself to. Them they're all making it. Up, yeah it's nothing. Good you never ever see a family go, WELL i had to go get my son downtown for a dui last night and bail him out of. Jail here's a here's a picture of. Us here you, stand. Mugsho he's still a little hungover the, picture but here we. Are just want to document. That, YEAH i.
Speaker 8: Freaked out on my family last, night ruined. Dinner just wanted everybody to.
Speaker 2: Know nobody posts those kinds of, things, Right Uh Text nation rate with a good. ONE i need it for the crap run you take this? Thing you. Know you pull me in last year and we're both as are you are you? Going i'm gonna keep you out this?
Speaker 12: Year?
Speaker 8: No keeping you?
Speaker 2: OUT i Think i'm. IN i Think i'm. In i'm planning on running NLESS i get hurt, again or we could just.
Speaker 8: Run dot.
Speaker 2: Com, Yeah, greg be. Careful he may plan to be there and then decide to throw a trip mint the last minute and think he can make it.
Speaker 1: Back that's.
Speaker 2: True i'm not going to depend on. That you can't say, anything, nothing.
Speaker 5: Nothing they talked About Andy blake's private conversation on there.
Speaker 2: Today NO i.
Speaker 1: Did this is The Rick Burgess, show.
Speaker 8: Prockcasting from the rear.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: America who's ready for a brand new? Hour are you. Ready who's?
Speaker 8: Ready it's time for The Rick Burgess.
Speaker 2: Show The gang's all, here S, Beeedie greg And adler brand new hour starting. Now we'll try to get some of your phone calls in again this. Hour AY d eight eight the number Six big box and you can text at the same number In Text, nation of, course is weighing in on. Everything welcome back to this, Hour, ander go to your. Email you got. It, okay this absolutely slayed me and it's something we weren't going to talk. About we're gonna let you know the Men don't run in the rain book kind of once we get done promoting. Yet i've done all the appearances and all this kind of, stuff and they'll come a time where it'll just be an evergreen and be out there and you can enjoy. It maybe a reference here or. There somebody brings it up Because greg has a book coming out, too AND i. Didn't the audience has discovered. It they're forcing us to talk about, it and so somebody's even found the, cover oh, boy Of greg's. Book here it is men don't listen To George straight A jerks reflection on how he doesn't know jack about country music By greg burgess that right. THERE i don't know who put this. Together that is? Hilarious is? Funny isn't that? Good and ACTUALLY i do have a book called that you do men don't listen To? George CAN i ask you a questions reflection That i'm going to take that And i'm posting it by the way, Today.
Speaker 5: If your grandkids listen and they, Said, papa, YEAH i Love george, straight listen to this.
Speaker 2: Song. LISTEN i listened to a lot worse than, that with the kids having maybe shark all, That. Papa can we get Down marillo by? Morning? Yeah again On. PAPA i mean When ellis was just old enough to talk good AND i, WAS i went by and picked him up and for an hour and a HALF i had to listen to you got a friend in, me over and over, Me, papa friend of, Me. Papa every time you go off you friend of, me friend of, me friend of, Me, Papa i'd have to hit. Remind so, YEAH i CAN i can Handle george? Straight Rob, adler CAN i ask you.
Speaker 8: A second grade you had to hit? Rewind were you listening on the cassette?
Speaker 2: Tape what we? Replay CAN i ask? You some of us have Those what are you doing in the commercial breaks on? YouTube? Yeah fill on the. BREAKS i look up sometimes and what what is?
Speaker 22: This what are you?
Speaker 8: Doing those are clips from, yesterday clips from my last. Week clips we haven't used on the. Show So i'm filling the brakes during the eight O'clock.
Speaker 2: You narrate and do little. THINGS i hear you talking in.
Speaker 8: There, YEAH i set it. UP i explained what it.
Speaker 2: Is one time he was cooking chicken or.
Speaker 8: Something, yeah yeahs. Floating we talked about smash, burgers and SO i played a Smash burger clip. Earlier, okay all, right so pertinent to the, show.
Speaker 2: Little, topic little. Thing, yeah, yeah well good people seem to love. It good good.
Speaker 8: Work and people seem to people do seem to like.
Speaker 2: Good and people also are very concerned about Mister. Chin And speedy keeps feeding that punt intended seeing him at the.
Speaker 8: Top he's not moving they do when you're he's looking for. Food he's not.
Speaker 2: Dead chin right, there looks he looks. Great if that's the original, chin that is the original. Chin that's all he's got to. Do that's his. Life he's a. Fish what do you want him to?
Speaker 5: DO i don't life does a fish have Greg look at, Him look at, him trying to, look trying to see videos.
Speaker 8: TOO i think he loves the.
Speaker 2: VIDEOS i think he's a little. BIT i think he. Overeats he would if you'd let.
Speaker 1: Him oh, yes.
Speaker 8: Yes overfeeding is a much bigger problem in the fish aquarium world than.
Speaker 2: Underfeeding, okay, say, look he just does he's. Chilling are you taking him moving?
Speaker 8: Now it's it is a long weekend when nobody's taking him.
Speaker 2: Home nobody's taking him. Home, rick you said you would do, it or at least stop by the studio and check on.
Speaker 8: Him oh, yeah, yeah y'all just pop in like a dog watch watcher. Would, yes, Yeah, okay who's On who's On? Sunday and who's On?
Speaker 2: Monday, Right i'll check on him On. Sunday, okay you're gonna put some drops in there and clear the water up a little.
Speaker 8: BIT i THINK i need to wash my fingerprints off the.
Speaker 2: Bowl, okay that's what'd you eat some of that check mix and then handle the boat? Much, okay eat some. Cookies harvard scientists discover cheap common supplement that reverses. Aging saw. THIS i want to take a shot at what it is, WELL i, KNOW i, know you, know you, know AND i do this as. Well do you do? ENOUGH i think? So mm, hmm we say five thousand, no's we'll get to. It it's VITAMIN, d not just VITAMIN d rect on vitamin DS's ALL i say is. Three, well it didn't SAY d three in? Here what the one? Does? Yes down, here it doesn't right. There over a four year, study participants who took VITAMIN d three had less damage to THEIR, dna a sign of slower. Aging it was like turning back into the three years of aging compared to those who took a dummy. Peel The harvard affiliated researchers said viamen D d three. Yep given the study was relatively, short the team said the results are promising and they've called for longer research to be. Conducted, however they caution participant in the, study the ones who got THE d three took three times the generally recommended VITAMIN d. Intake they. Took they took two THOUSAND I E I u in the pill form every. Day, okay that is one that is one three point five ounce serving of. Salmon, Greg, yeah well you don't have to eat. That though they were still in the safe range of four THOUSAND iu or. Less experts have worn taking too much of item OF d three can cause calcium to build up in the, blood leading to some issues like kidney. Stones, whoa, whoa you turn the clock, back but you're gonna have kidney, stones. RIGHT i Think i'd rather just dow my regular thing and not have kidney. STONES i Think i'll just Be BUT i do TAKE d three every. Day, OOH i don't know how. MUCH i can't, remember BUT i TAKE d three every. DAY i Think i've got a little. Capsule i'll take you every. DAY i know you're supposed to once a, week not once a. Week. EVERYONE i had some dose that you took once a. Week do you did you hear any of?
Speaker 13: That?
Speaker 2: Yeah when when were you ASSIGNED d three once a? Week one? Time from whom my blood?
Speaker 1: Work Dr?
Speaker 10: Moore?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah? Once was this on the top? Two, no it's just they just check that in your blood work if you had you have to check. LATELY i go back then next. Month do you know about the way you? Act you were inviting Fish by the, Way i'm convinced that the vox seats their. Desire is that what you get from the. Sunshine is that what you get from? Sunshine? Yes, okay mm, hmm is that the one you get from? Sunshine? Somebody somebody's glasses slide down.
Speaker 22: Right?
Speaker 2: Now are you TAKING d three right? Now at? ALL i THINK i.
Speaker 18: May and it's not once a, Week, no, no it was once a. Week it was this a huge nose on field of, greens in field of. Greens it, is So i'm maching field of, greens and you're also.
Speaker 2: Doing all that other man twenty? Percent probably? Right and how?
Speaker 5: Much if you take too, many too many, vitamins you'll just pee it. Out you're wasting your.
Speaker 2: Mind well until you get a kidney. Stone, yeah then what are you? Doing what are you taking too? MUCH i don't. KNOW i have it right in, there you see what it? Is Really, yeah BECAUSE i think you're taking too. Much you don't. Know are you having your? Issues? You?
Speaker 11: Sure?
Speaker 2: WELL i. DON'T i don't want to talk about, it he.
Speaker 8: SAID i don't think he did.
Speaker 2: IT i finally get. IT i finally, heard he. SAID i don't. Think i've always wondered what the audience says he, Did AND i JUST i finally heard. Heard at least that's WHAT i. Think that's WHAT I, greg that's WHAT i. Think that's WHAT i. Think THAT i was across the. Room you don't even that's WHAT i think THAT i want to have a look at. THINGS i don't. KNOW i, don't Said dita And. Rick, Sorry, rick good. Morning oh wow is that five five? Thousand that's a little. Money, no it's not. Speedy google. It, WELL i just read, that Asked Blake. PRIME i just read the. Story i'm just d THREE k. TWO i, MEAN i don't want you to. LISTEN i don't want you to think that is that you're saying THAT i was across the. Room there's no Way i'll could. YOU i think SO i GOT i think, So. GREG i thank, you thank you very.
Speaker 1: Much the.
Speaker 2: Water you didn't have to, do but you, did but you, did they, did AND i thank.
Speaker 22: You five.
Speaker 2: Thousand that's a. High did you get that at some just? Store probably the SALE i like to, see by the, WAY i GOTTA i just don't want to see you after it was, Right hoby told him take. It, no, YEAH i tell you what you need to take. It you're, poor old. Doctor you don't listen to. Nothing he, said you can't get the time. Back he talks A he's gonna sit down and go, Said, greg you're gonna do what we just gotta have you been doing? That and he's gonna, like what are you? DOING i THINK i? DID i Drinking naddie day that WHAT i was supsed to?
Speaker 1: DO i don't.
Speaker 2: KNOW i don't, Know but After, Greg i'll think about.
Speaker 1: It this is The Rick Burgess, show the man who was bold enough to point told that there is no such thing as dog. Years dogs just don't live as long as human As rick. Birches it's just a.
Speaker 2: FACT i, mean it's all, right it's, back all, right here we. Go thanks for being with us, Today. America, wow there's Somehow Text. Nation i've had a kidney stone every year for the past twenty three, years nor as. Hell wow does that ever get? Routine another kidney? Stone bob won't be able to come to lunch for to. Day you got that kidney stone? Again have you gotten to where you like know what to? Do let's get through, it let's be done with. It AND i don't. Know, wow every year for twenty three years from The Text, Nation Hoby city that you're clear on the VITAMIN d y'ah ain't. Right y'all can discuss. Later, hey have you been thinking About Memorial? Day and soon As Memorial day weekend is, Over dad's Next Father's day here? Comes how about? This he's gonna love this By raycon Dot com slash Big. Vox Get dad some of? These he. Look he deserves to be able to relax a little, bit, recharge enjoy his Favorite MAYBE i don't know radio show archives on his. Own maybe do the audio version The Men Don't run in the. Rain maybe he wants to hear the music that he. Loves Crystal Clear, sound thirty two hour battery, life multipoint. Connectivity look At dad pairing two devices at. Once also active noise cancelation bug. Off dad's listen to what he, wants gets in his own. World, also don't forget the price point very dad, friendly about half the price of the other. Brands, Plus dad will love. It did you get a deal on? It hey? Son hey? Daughter did you get a deal on?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 2: Man that's? Great what would you pay?
Speaker 7: For?
Speaker 2: No, See dad loves it and then you get an additional fifteen percent off at By raycon Dot com slash Big. Vox dad will love hearing about. That it's a, difference you, know between mom and. Dads sometimes you keep things from mom if the if you if you've got too good a, deal she'll take it like you didn't. Sacrifice dad loves to know you got a deal on something because he thinks that's. Cool so go To Rick burgess show dot com under sponsors and Get dad some of these everyday. Earbuds he is going to absolutely love. Them all, right a couple other. Things i'm afraid that we're gonna have to release The adler. Cracking you, know there's two crackings in.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 2: Boy we Got greg and then you got The adler. Cracking what would be smaller than a? Cracking it's a different.
Speaker 8: Boy release The philip.
Speaker 2: McCracken release The philip mccra repeat. It you're, terrible that's. Funny what about the baby? Cracking, no he didn't like.
Speaker 8: A release The, Wolverine No Honey, Roger No Tasmanian, devil.
Speaker 2: Now sonic The. Hedgehog how about what.
Speaker 8: Did y'all used to call? Me like a forest creature or?
Speaker 2: Something, yeah woodland, creature wood, creature, yeah woodland. Work it works all. Right but, anyway we're about to get a speech on this. One i'm glad that Doctor dosney's not. Here here Is rohn De, Santis Governor florida officially becoming the second state in the country to ban. Something here we go fluoride in the.
Speaker 3: Water we did this because, ultimately medical intervention should be based on informed. Consent and you HEARD Rfk junior talk about some of the studies that have done with excessive fluoride. Exposure and so when you're adding it to the public drinking water, supply it's effectively forced. Medication, yes use fluoride to brush your teeth and, mouthwash and people do, that and it can have benefits for for dental, hygiene but why would you force people to have to do the risks that are associated with. It people have started to take the evidence more serious sleep particularly in light of a lot of the failures of the medical establishment DURING. Covid so, ultimately we want people to have a. Choice if you want to add floor idea, water you have the right to do. That if you want to just use it for your dental, products you can do, that but we shouldn't be forcing it and everybody's drinking.
Speaker 2: Water release the. CRICKING i LIKE i like. IT i like just the cricket, release release the, Cricket, well little. Cricket what about the crackling about the, cracker release the.
Speaker 8: Cracker, yeah at the.
Speaker 2: Cracker so you love, this don't.
Speaker 8: You, WELL i, mean, look you guys are trying to pit you're trying to pit me against Doctor. Dunney, no which is not. Accurate you're not accurate at, all y'all saying, That OH i ambushed him on the air like some mainstream, media you know, parents done.
Speaker 2: It, deliberate done it and done it.
Speaker 8: Deliberate and what Doctor dunney did was very helpfully clarify the. Differences you've got different kinds of. Fluoride you got like the topical kind in your mouth and then The florida floridated. Water what that floridated? STUFF i Think i'm saying that. RIGHT i think that's a word it.
Speaker 15: Is it's.
Speaker 8: Different it actually goes through your bloodstream and it's not like you're not like not like your. Toothpaste it's not working the same. Way and, why you, know why why doesn't the public know this? Stuff SO i honestly just appreciate Doctor dunny explaining that to. Us and it wasn't a war between us.
Speaker 2: Yell no one. Yelled why did you say let's get on the?
Speaker 8: Mats none of.
Speaker 7: This is why did you?
Speaker 2: Roll and at the END i didn't think it was right for him saying take any litter with. You, yeah once you go hang out with any, LETTER i just about release THE. G release THE.
Speaker 8: G that's a little close to release the. Gay AND i think you guys would start saying.
Speaker 2: That that's a good. Point don't plant that seating GREAT i never. Thought but what you're saying is this is a good thing and other should follow. Suits so Now florida the second state to ban fluoride in the public water. Supply people can choose how much fluoride or if, any they want to take on their, own not being forced into their water.
Speaker 8: Consumption WHAT i love About Rhonda santis when we saw it IN covid is that he doesn't take advantage of a crisis or a situation to grab more. Power that is that's the ultimate, test that's the ultimate test of a good. Leader are you are you trying to grab more power or are you trying to give the power to the. People here he is talking again more about that and the fact that THE ada is objecting To florida banning.
Speaker 3: Fluoride, well with all due, respect they want to make this decision for other people because obviously you can use fluoride for dental.
Speaker 2: HYGIENE i do. IT i think everyone does.
Speaker 3: It what they're saying is they don't trust people to take care of, themselves so you have to force it in their drinking, water so you can fluoridatum that. WAY i think we're better off letting people make their own dis sessions when it comes to, this and SO i understand that there's different entities that believe in these forced. Interventions our view In florida is that we've got to focus on informed, consent and that's what we've done.
Speaker 2: Here of it what a. Concept of, course the people people who don't like the santis are also the ones that we've talked about this on so many. Things they're very selective about where they want choice to. Be they, love they love for human beings to have, choice sometimes on preferred. Things my, body my, choice.
Speaker 5: That kind of THING i, googled or smaller than a.
Speaker 2: KRAKEN i have come up with some things that we can.
Speaker 8: Release it's not really the focus of this. SEGMENT i don't think.
Speaker 2: Release something about. Florid but we're release the. Squid oh that's, Good oh the. Squid, yeah release the. Beast oh that's. Good you know you don't want to be associated with.
Speaker 8: It and THEN i throw my take MY i ripped my shirt.
Speaker 2: Off at LEAST i release the oar. Fish, no release the. Shrimp. Released that's. Hurtful that one.
Speaker 1: Urful that's.
Speaker 2: Hurtful release.
Speaker 8: Release The let The eagle, fly and then you'll play that sound of.
Speaker 6: It.
Speaker 8: Yeah and then we listened to all Of Free, bird and THEN i make my.
Speaker 2: Point release The eagle and we and we will not cut the guitar solo. Short release The eagle because he's also. Patriotic release release that that fella right. There he Loves. America he. Does he's doing fly a. FLAG i remember you.
Speaker 8: DO i don't know why at my. House, WELL i know we're not gonna do it. Right i'm gonna do it wrong like.
Speaker 2: YOU i don't in the, army he lost us right, OFF.
Speaker 17: I, did.
Speaker 8: UH i REMEMBER i was doing a bit one. TIME i don't even know WHAT i was, celebrating BUT i ran out with like The american flag over my shoulders or.
Speaker 2: Whatever did that In. January, yeah AND i dropped it on the ground and it was. Accident release the ferret. Y, yeah.
Speaker 1: This is The Rick Burgess. Show get on the. Show no by calling one eight eight eight Six Big.
Speaker 2: Fox who's, Ready. America all ten lines opening for. You let's go find out what's on your, Mind ask a, question make a, comment, whatever and we'll go rapid. Fire because it is unscreen phone. Calls this has become the way we get things done here on The Rick Burges. Show it actually works out so much better than screening and holding and coming in doing it that this is. Go let's just get let's get out on the.
Speaker 8: Edge let's get out.
Speaker 2: Here let's get wrong with. It if your call's going, nowhere you're. Out we'll just move. On but dial it up at eight eight eight the number, Six Big, box and we'll chat with you now while those calls are coming. In AND i want to make you wear of a couple of. Things Seminole, Texas Greg Seminole, Texas june seventh and, Eighth i'm honored to be headed, There Lord. Willing i'll be there On june seventh and. Eighth the men's thing will be that evening on the, seventh and Then i'll speak at both services That sunday the. Eighth those details are at the manchurch dot. Com, also if you would like to get a free copy Of Men Don't run in The, rain opportunity presenting. Itself So june the fourteenth In, Birmingham i'll be at my home, church will be hosting our next men's. Gathering because we do the strategy from the manchurch dot. Com you remember we Had Jared hudson on the Show oh, Yeah Special Forces Covenant rescue all. That he's our speaker and if you, go there's no charge at. All you just need to. Come but we want you to register so we know how many much breakfast to. Make it's gonna be a men's breakfast on the, fourteenth The saturday Before Father's. Day the first one hundred men who register get a freak copy Of Men Don't run in The. Rain And i'll be there too if you want me to not. It if, not no big.
Speaker 5: DEAL i Wish Jared hudson would come into the studio and Tell GREG i LIKE i Like george, straight what you can do about?
Speaker 22: IT i?
Speaker 2: Know and you see what if you start like sucking your Thumb i've Known. Greg i've Known greg his whole, life AND i would like to tell all of you out there in The George Straight, nation it truly is time to leave him alone because because if you, don't it's it's about to Get he's about he's about to gloss. Over, yeah and he's not gonna care how you're about your feelings at. All AND i would just back off of, HIM i really. Would of, course we're kind of pulling for. It all, right let's. Go we continue to the. Phones we, Go, uh let's. Start hello, here you're on The Rick Burgess. Show unscreen phone.
Speaker 9: Calls go, hey, guys yesterday y'all talking About Dolly parton's sister and you showed the pitcher or her And Dolly speedy asked it says. TWINS i don't know if it's twins or.
Speaker 2: Not but all, right thank.
Speaker 7: You.
Speaker 2: HANG i knew where that was going out hear him. Out, NO i heard your little. COMMENT i heard your little. Comment maybe you don't know where that was.
Speaker 8: GOING i have a really good.
Speaker 2: Idea, Listen Hank hill was trying to make a. Joke he did a good.
Speaker 1: Job, yes, yes you know.
Speaker 5: People that have a lot of kid, time meaning that they're always around their, kids and then they get with the, adults AND i think this is WHAT i.
Speaker 2: Think this is like therapy for him. Too he tries to go adult too. Quick, yes, yeah that's here you. Go here's twins. Again by the, WAY i said your we're Going Rick Birders, show unscreen phone, calls.
Speaker 15: Go, Ahead, hey, GUYS i think the theme song you guys have For hoby For speedy should be let me tell you about my best friend.
Speaker 2: From The courtnership Of Daddy's. Father do you remember that? Show is That Let's Date ourselves right? Now oh, yeah let me te that? Show AND i remember the. SONG i remember. IT i never understood the titles Of kid The courtship Of Eddie's. Father? Weird what does this? Mean Harry?
Speaker 8: Nilsen who are all these people he's?
Speaker 2: Dating, Hello we're just. Friends Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, Calls.
Speaker 15: Go, Ahead, Hey, Rick, HEY i got on your website yesterday try to order a pizza to, go and ALL i got was this book and it wasn't even.
Speaker 10: Signed that's so.
Speaker 2: Good that is so good.
Speaker 11: This.
Speaker 2: Book Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, Calls go, Ahead.
Speaker 15: HEY i was just going to see if you guys had heard anything About trumps still getting passed last, night about the no tax on, tips no tax on overtime?
Speaker 2: Doubt are you all talking about the big beautiful bill? Pass did the big beautiful bill pass last?
Speaker 8: Night now's the? House?
Speaker 2: OH i just still got to go to The, yeah we, continue unscreen phone. Calls this is the Rick Burgers, Show go, ahead all?
Speaker 6: Right SO i just wanted to Defend greg for a moment on The George straight. Thing first of, all the only reason folks like him is because they think they're supposed.
Speaker 2: TO i tried.
Speaker 6: Well second of, all he's just an average. SINGER i, MYSELF i myself can sing as good as or better Than George.
Speaker 2: Straight you give us a little let's, sening.
Speaker 6: BOY i, MEAN i ain't scared amery a little.
Speaker 7: By morning.
Speaker 6: From signing. Town everything THAT i, got it's better than What george has.
Speaker 2: HOME i, AGREE i think you're.
Speaker 8: Better come, on.
Speaker 2: Take it on, back take it.
Speaker 8: Back that guy can, sing, Man this guy got.
Speaker 2: Pipes Rick Burgers, show unscreen phone, calls go, ahead you should sing.
Speaker 4: Semono, hey, Y'ALL i was calling.
Speaker 24: Because y'all were talking about the graduation stories earlier in the, show AND i just had. One WHEN i graduated in twenty, ten me and my twin, brother we were at the graduation rehearsal and the guy that was pronouncing all the names was Our english, teacher and he was like really like, proper like the whole school pronounced. Everything, yeah try to be real. Sharp and during our rehearsals he told he was like going through our names to make sure we were pronouncing him. Right and my brother's name Is Hunter, edward but he told This english teacher that his name Was Hunter. Gatherer and so during the he looked at me like for, confirmation AND i just shook my head like, yep that's his. Name and so during our graduation he had to pronounce my brother's name As Hunter Gatherer crossley and my parents like totally like they had no idea what we were up. To so they were just looking, around, like what is going?
Speaker 2: On you know what your brother would have, been it's not he would have fitting great hanging out with. Us yeah that is, good and, yes you're. Right we Continue Rick burgers. Show unscreen phone calls go, ahead, okay unscreen phone, calls go.
Speaker 15: Ahead good morning, sir all time listeners as the mid. Nineties love the, Show. Greg i'm with. YOU i wouldn't go See george straight if he was performing in my. Backyard BUT i have a, question slast. Request can we? Please can we please Get stuart and those hot dogs stand they call in occasionally check.
Speaker 2: In you KNOW i might can make that. Happen. Please it would be, difficult BUT i think it's. Possible, yes really, busy all? Right those of you that yesterday got real concern about on the text nation and in the chat room for the tubers About larry the Patch man and his. Injury now we got an update early, today also known as the fire down. Below but thank You. Greg that's been that's been so long. AGO i don't know WHETHER i think because he calls so, much this machinery actually shows me that he is in this group of calls out. Here maybe he is he feeling?
Speaker 1: Better is?
Speaker 2: It it may be an? Update those of you that don't know what, Happened, larry would you like to tell the audience what happened that didn't?
Speaker 4: Know, hello, Record Hey. Larry what happened WAS i had just made a part of coffee.
Speaker 10: AND i had just poured.
Speaker 4: It tigger the cat that turned the weed eater on knocked over the cup and landed square in my?
Speaker 8: Lap where did it hitch Eat?
Speaker 20: Larry right in the.
Speaker 2: Grain it's so, So, larry are you trying to update us on how you're? Doing what is it peeling?
Speaker 10: Yet right?
Speaker 4: Now it's, red it's, Eggs it. Burns i've got elavera on it now turning.
Speaker 8: Green, hey, hey before you let him, Go, larry do you Like george?
Speaker 2: Straight? Yes, oh, Okay carolyn spoke. Up Is carolyn helping you with? Injury she is right, Here Rick, burgess what your wife wouldn't help you if you had some? Injury what do YOU i mean that she's there for? Him she's just help? Her, right, well we help you Feel arry, Better, Larry. Larry and so it's so it's still burning though still, red.
Speaker 10: All right that it hurts like. EVERYTHING i.
Speaker 4: Mean imagine a fresh hot pot of, coffee a hot cup being knocked over by a cat and the whole cup landing your.
Speaker 2: Lap i'm, good, yeah, yeah, no it's not. Good And carolyn get rid of this.
Speaker 8: Cat enough.
Speaker 2: Snuff he's trying to Kill. Larry, yeah we gotta do something about. That tiger's got something Against. Larry, YEAH i said too many. Patches do you See tigger on the on the television special when they did? It Tiggers tail going across the. Camp by the, way more updates from The Rick Burgess, Show, store The patch and the challenge. Coin it's getting. Real it's getting.
Speaker 8: Real showing shy.
Speaker 2: To make it a. Struggle we'll be right.
Speaker 1: Back this is The Rick Burgess show in a world that has gone. Nuts they are here to well to point it up the, week we'll just show what Of.
Speaker 2: America so for a lot of you are time together for this week for today winding, down we'll Be lord willing back for another show. Tomorrow if this is winding down for, you catch see archives. Today there's a lot you don't want to. Miss go back and. Grab we'll update you too tomorrow on things you can look for Over Memorial day. Weekends you don't miss that box seats join Us Burgess Ball battle tomorrow as. Well, okay so some stories that are out there and. ADDLER i know we don't have this on the list and it doesn't really matter if if you find it or, not but it does. Appear there is some sort of TikTok in. This when was the last time that any of the, guys all of you, here when's the last time you were you dined at A Cracker? Barrel about month and a, half month and a, half about three, months three months last, year last. Year it must have Been Mother's. Day that was quick because it is a not just a. Restaurant but did you teach a. Side it's a country store and a. Restaurant it is the. Coast, well just look at the. CAR i remember when it was kind of odd when they did the deal With Duck. Dynasty they learned a bit of a lesson. There then they started putting alcohol on the. MENU i found that to be. Strange, well now there is A Cracker barrel, fan AND i don't know if this is going to be all across all The cracker barrels they have barrel old country store restaurants have been around since sixty, nine But Cracker barrel may be losing its charm amid a physical. Makeover according to. Some this Is Rachel, love thirty eight year Old tennessee, resident self Proclaimed Cracker barrel, fan caught the restaurant changed attention because she went on social media and she was noticing That Cracker barrel has taken away at one of her restaurants as she, goes all of the antique stuff on the walls all, Gone, yeah all. Gone they're, updating and she says it's got thousands of comments people who disapprove of the new. Look they prefer the original setup of the walls just. Bear they're priming it and they're just gonna paint it. Brown the interior decor also has been. Altered no antiques on the, wall and are they just? Painting and she's. Overreacting it's a real.
Speaker 8: Total it just looks more.
Speaker 2: Modern are we okay with?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 2: GUYS i mean they're taking the old washborn? Down what's going? On to y'all's?
Speaker 5: Point you sure they're not taking it down and then redoing something on the wall and gonna put it back.
Speaker 2: UP i don't. Know you, know they got good grill. Chicken Cracker bell Has Cracker barrel has been testing good various levels of, remodels so they're, okay, okay says we've been very transparent about our platform and transforming. It uh some good. Food who? Cares this Is Sarah, moore who is the chief marketing officer At Cracker. Barrel we haven't hid. This one of our strategies is centered around the physical guest. Experience do we want the physical look Of Cracker barrell to? Change oh, wow.
Speaker 8: Here's From Cracker barrel's Actual instagram. Account, okay and let me reload this page and make sure all my music is. Off, okay check this. Out this is from their.
Speaker 2: Page. Okay I'm.
Speaker 19: Brent i'm the district manager here At Cracker, barrel AND i want to show you inside of our newly Renovated Mount juliet.
Speaker 2: Store come on.
Speaker 19: In now that we're inside the retail, store look. Around, wow look how bright it. Is our guests stopped and they just are amazed at how bright and now. Open they think we've added On it looks so much. Bigger and look at the dining. Room we've got all new, lighting new, seating new tables and. Chairs we still have our staples, here we have our beautiful, fireplace we have all of our great decor. Here and look we've added bookcases where we used to have. Lights it really opens the dining room. Up, yes they're loving these vintage leather. Chairs you might not, notice but we've even added sound buffering in the ceiling to make it quieter in the dining room so you can enjoy your company even. More we might have refreshed some, things updated a little, bit but don't you.
Speaker 2: Worry we're Still Cracker.
Speaker 8: Barrel we can't wait to have you.
Speaker 2: In come on in and see. This i'm okay with. That i'm okay with. That that didn't like that big a.
Speaker 8: Change it's much big of a.
Speaker 2: CHANGE i wouldn't have noticed. It you wouldn't have noticed. It do you agree with Text? Nation they don't think the food's as good as it used to. Be, oh we will talk about. That that was before they painted, something but STILL i mean had good. Grows take the dusty stuff on the.
Speaker 22: Wall.
Speaker 2: ANYWAY i think adding alcohol to the menu is. Odd most of my Experienceial Cracker. Barrel when people, arrived they were, drunk but it was from somewhere. Else and now they're now they're actually getting in the bread that feels. Wild my pancakes last summer and as good as they NORMALLY a really WON'T i will, SAY i. Will it's good that, overall one thing That i've noticed AND i never cared about this as a stupid little, kid BUT i remember my mother and now my wife are. Sticklers for. This they do not like if they're at a restaurant and their food comes out, cold they hard HOW i want it? HOT i, remember not. Caring do they have?
Speaker 6: You?
Speaker 2: Yeah NOW i care?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah do they still have the little thing where you get the golf te's and that's that's. Funny it's. HARD i were thinking the same thing WHEN i used to. Go but we actually own one of them one, time AND i figured it, out BUT i forgot it as good as it used to. Be terry will call cracker barrel in a, SECOND i think it. IS i rarely rarely eat. There. NOW i will say the last, time my pancakes weren't as good as. Normal AND i don't know. WHY i think the breakfast hasn't fallen off. MUCH i think you're your dinner and lunch items have fallen off a little. Bit AND i know you are tired of hearing. It but the grilled chicken is actually better the third. Time, fact, man bring that up, here real. Chicken, yeah Turner. GREENS i don't know meat loves not.
Speaker 8: That, yeah there that was district.
Speaker 2: Manager people say they don't go. ANYMORE i don't know was the last time you said you went or have. YOU i haven't been in a. While, well, well the last TIME i. Went my, goodness wait a, minute do we know?
Speaker 8: Him do we know?
Speaker 2: HIM i don't. Know, look, well where's? It it looks. Familiar there's a lot of people look like. That USUALLY i will Everywhere sherry Is shery's not gonna call It sheerry's not gonna call cracker barrel the guys THAT I but we all been so. Busy we're not eating lunch regular. ANYMORE i had a little regular lunch group and somebody would call it there every now and. Then but that lunch group is not really holding together like a. Once. Still we're all too busy and one of, us, unfortunately is very very. Ill so it's So i've kind of lost that, rhythm by the, WAY i think he was the key to rhythm on that lunch. Group, man we don't do well without. Him, yeah but but we. H So i'm not that used to rotate about every like once or twice a, month BUT i haven't done it a long. Time it's not, well you, Know i'm trying to do. BETTER i, mean if you're trying to do, better they ain't really the place to. Go and if we're going there and eat the. Food that is to do. Better you received that somewhere. Else i'd rather go to like a good old local breakfast. Cafe you, know it's just just get in. There oh h is? That how about? This is there anything like locally like owned and? Operated oh, yeah, yeah and let's and let's be. Honest anytime you're in a place like A gatlinburg Or pigeon forward to somebody calls pancakes. House pancake. House oh my, goodness you know we got one In birmingham. Downtown this legendary and been around a long. Time. YEAH i used to walk. There oh, yeah hey what About, AHA i haven't been there in a long.
Speaker 8: Time, good it's, Good i've.
Speaker 2: BEEN i ain't got to set up about. It, BUTLER i didn't know you could walk to that pancake. House, yeah it was. Dangerous it's good. House Cracker barrel's chicken, Though, Greg and there was a waffle house right.
Speaker 8: Next to the. Dip, true you could double dish and then and THEN i can go To Cracker Barrel.
Speaker 1: Cracker this is The Rick Burgess. Show