Speaker 1: Misspelling with Tori Spelling and iHeartRadio podcast. Hi Houston, Hi toy. I'm wearing my sunglasses right now, you are, Yeah, because I have very big, expressive eyes and I'm trying to have my poker face on right now.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to get into there, a lot that.
Speaker 1: Happened Dancing with the Stars finale last night. Oh. First of all, this is our last episode of misstepping for this season. Yes, cheers, my friend, cheers to you. We have made mirrorball oss. Yes, yes, mean mind with sugar free red bull.
Speaker 2: That unique saturated you to it.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's been a wild ride. I'm a little horse today because I was screaming so much last night at the TV.
Speaker 2: Screaming with joy and glee.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I went through so many emotions last night. I was physically exhausted by the end. I still am. Just like what happened, I.
Speaker 2: Agree with you completely, but I wasn't so I wasn't shocked by the ending. I was disappointed. I was so disappointed, which is weird because I I don't know, I was excited at the very I think back to the first episode when we first saw the our mirror Ball Winter Dance, and I was like, Oh, this is exciting. This guy's really good. And now I'm just like, I'm just kind of bummed with how it turned out because I just don't well, because.
Speaker 1: You invested, you went deep on the ride, yes, and you weren't surprised the very first episode lined up with the finale episode. We all know at this point Robert Irwin and Whitney Carson won. Congratulations to the Mirror Ball winners. Now let's digress back to the beginning.
Speaker 2: So I watched Okay, I don't know if it was like this nationally, but I found this very interesting that I watched. I watched the East Coast feed of the show coming from WABC in New York, New York City, and right before I started watching it at four fifty pm Pacific, So I caught the tail end of Wheel Fortunes during my close friend Ryan Seacress. And as Wheel Fortune ended and they transitioned into Dancing with the Stars, there was the commercial that played just before. Yes, was a tourism commercial for the country of Australia starring Robert Irwin.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: I watched a minute long commercial of Robert Irwin dancing with koalas and there were other He wasn't just him the entire time, but he was the star of this commercial.
Speaker 1: He wasn't just him. Were there other finalists in this commercial?
Speaker 2: No, there were other nameless Australian people. Okay, he was the lone celebrity in this commercial.
Speaker 1: And that is the commercial everyone viewed going right into the finale that they.
Speaker 2: Can't I don't know that for certain. I don't know that for certain, but at least in the New York market, which is the number one market in the country. Right before the show started, which everyone who's watching this is a fan, and so they're tuning in for the very beginning and probably tuning in early like I did. The last thing they see before the show starts is Robert Irwin's shit eating grain dancing with the koala And.
Speaker 1: I thought, said, guys.
Speaker 2: I thought that was insane, Like, what on earth? How is that? Okay? No?
Speaker 1: Okay? Oh god? Am I getting so much trouble here? Is there any world? Have you thought about this theory? What year did Bendy Irwin win Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Bendy Irwin won Dancing with the Stars in uh in uh Let's see he was very young. He was very young. She won. It was ten years ago, it was twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, you want to go on a wild conspiracy theory.
Speaker 2: Here, take me what if.
Speaker 1: When she won? They're like in twoenty twenty five, the ten year marker of when she won, and you are gonna go on Dancing with the Stars. And that's when he started preparing his Journey of Dance.
Speaker 2: Well, he started training ten years ago in secret. Yes, I mean they I saw someone on TikTok last night say the Irwin Empire is upon us, and like, I'm really okay, I'm really curious because we've talked about this. He's in the Zootopia movie, which is out this weekend. Yes, he's in the Zuotopia role, but he's in it. He won Dancing with the Stars. He was I think he was. Who was the first contestant to be announced, right.
Speaker 1: The first one, a long time before the reveal of the others on Good Morning America.
Speaker 2: Then over the next twelve months, we are going to be seeing a lot of Robert Irwin in Disney Company associated things. I think we're going to see him hosting the damn you know, Christmas Parade, next year, I think he's gonna He's definitely gonna do a lot dancing with the Stars stuff he's going on. He's going to be on the tour. He Witney will be on the tour. I'm really curious what else the Disney Company they're they're clearly investing in the Irwins, and I'm really interested to see what else happens in the next twelve months, because I think that would be very apparent. And I don't know if this started in twenty fifteen or if it was. It's a great theory.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm you're saying it could have started way before twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: I think maybe, you know, I don't know if Disney had any connection to their father, but when he passed, I know, the whole family obviously, everyone became very interested in the Irwins, and they're just such a They're a delightful family, like every you know. I sobbed every time the mom was on screen. It's just it is, there's a lot of details here that are really hard to ignore.
Speaker 1: With a lot of signs, A.
Speaker 2: Lot of signs. Yeah, I don't know. The other thing apart from the conspiracy, Yes, I keep thinking about the way the finales judges. Really I was trying to think about this. I'm like, are we looking at this as a season as a whole? Are we supposed to look at this like who performed the best throughout the entire season? Or is it like we're looking at tonight. Everyone who's here obviously made it through the rest of the season. Who does the best tonight?
Speaker 1: Great question? I mean that they were scoring on what they saw. Yes, the audience is obviously scoring on who they've gone on this journey with. I don't think they're scoring that night.
Speaker 2: Because I think, and I'm going to continue to say this about this recapit.
Speaker 1: You should I drink every time you say it.
Speaker 2: Ye, Alex Earle to me won the finale. I think Alex Earl was the best dancer, and the judges scores reflect that.
Speaker 1: Out of the two of them. Are you saying, yeah, out of out of all the finalists the finalists?
Speaker 2: Okay, I think Alex should have won.
Speaker 1: Last night, I went on some different emotions. Wait can we go? Oh God, I don't know where to start now because different points last night I was rooting on different people. Yes, and that's not normal for me. I've been pretty consistent about who's going to like, Yeah, Whitney loved it.
Speaker 2: I still say was robbed, like I wanted to see her in the finals so badly, and it just I wanted to see that freestyle so bad.
Speaker 1: So bad. Okay, wait, how should we break this up? We have three hours to break down.
Speaker 2: Three three dances each, so we can start with I mean here, should we just go through in order? Yeah, and just kind of we don't have to spend too much time on each dance. But uh so, uh, I'm just sorry our producer age. You made these incredible notes for us, and then I also have my personal ones that I wrote, and it's just funny saying Australian Tourism commercial with Robert Irwin. H And the opening number was great. It was so fun seeing everybody back and they peppered them throughout the show and that was so fun to see. I loved it. And I was thinking, actually, really really quick, I have a question for you, because you lived this, you went through this, what was it like. It's not that in the great scheme of things, the time between being eliminated and coming back for the finale, it's it's what like two months or something. Like eight weeks.
Speaker 1: For us first eliminated. I just I just remember it's right before Thanksgiving, and it's like, yeah, wow, so it's a it's a tough. And I remember being in rehearsal that last week right before Thanksgiving, like every day and ordering like my turkey online, like sitting with Dina Kats who's the producer, and we were sitting in the in the audience waiting, you know, we're all waiting for your little bits to rehearse and everything, but in the ballroom. So it was like probably the day before the finale, so Monday, sitting there and I was like, oh my god, because I had been filming, so I was on Dancing with the Stars got eliminated first, which I didn't anticipate, but because of that, a movie I was supposed to do, I had to turn down. I was able to do. So then I flew to Florida. Yes, yep, that's where I did that, and I went literally from that flight home right back into the ballroom to do the finale.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: So like landed the very next morning, so I didn't have anything planned for Thanksgiving and we're there till Tuesday before Thanksgiving is on a Thursday, you know, all night. So I didn't have my turkey, and Diana's like Gelson's we will still have it. So I'm like, we're online and like ordering my turkey Gilson's. Goss is your big fan.
Speaker 2: We love you, Gelson's, we love you. Thanks for saving Thanksgiving. I was curious, like what the rehearsal was like after, because you know, I'm sure you didn't stop. You know, you're still dancing in your daily life, I'm sure, but like you're not in a rehearsal. No, how was it like going from rehearsing so hard for the first couple weeks of the show being eliminated, then I imagine it coming to a complete halt and then going back into it to do these there's several dances you have to do in the finale, yes, so yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Had to do lifts and spins and I good news is I did all my own stunts, most of my own stunts in the Everglades, so kept my body moving because to go from that extreme, you know me, I don't do anything physical, Like I park as close as I can to the mall to walk in, like I do not want to walk. I'm not that girl. But yeah, I went in and I went in deep, and I rehearsed my butt off, and like didn't like to go from that intense training seven days a week. It was wild. But so I went from that doing some stunts but like not dancing. And then when you go back in you're like in it and you're like, oh my god. So you're obviously not as like loosened up as you were because you were rehearsing every day and they're on such a schedule they don't have time to like, you know, Pasha did the best he could, but he doesn't have time to like start all over again with me, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's uh, I mean we all have.
Speaker 1: To rehearse together, so we can't even do it in you know, the the studio where they show the rooms that they're in in the packages each week, Yeah, because we all have to be there together. So we have to go to a different studio so we can have a huge space to all rehearse together. Except the finalists don't rehearse with us. Okay, they're doing their own thing. It's just all of us eliminate ones that rehearse our little bits.
Speaker 2: It was so fun to see and I was thinking about the people that were eliminated first, which Baron Davis and Corey Feldman, and it was fun seeing them back and I thought that, and I was like, kind of watching, I'm like, oh, I don't think especially, I'm sorry, but Baron Davis, I just don't see him dancing in between. But they both did great. They it's great, Yeah, it was. It was really fun to see that. So are again three dances tonight from our finalists. The first round is the Judge's Choice, where a judge gets assigned to a couple and they choose which dance they're going to do. And our first first competitors Alex Earl and Valishi Murkowsky Carrie Anne asked them to do a samba and which is intimidating, but she did incredible. I think it was great. It was so good. She had these cool like, uh, I don't know if you want to call him Tassel or fringe, these crazy pants that she wears a couple of times throughout the night, and she looked great.
Speaker 1: She did the splits Alex love its pants. Now.
Speaker 2: I was wondering that too, because Rickey wore very similar pants. Yes, I'm hoping they're the same. I don't know if they're like similarly, you know, how close they're in height or whatever. But I saw those you know, I love those pants. I was gravitating towards those pants.
Speaker 1: You'd look great.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you. I'm going to try and grab a dupe on Amazon. Yeah. It was a great dance. Carry Anne loved it and which made me happy because she chose it. She called it a refined fierceness, and I wrote down, I'm like, I want Alex to win so badly. I wanted to win so bad and I knew it was unlikely based on how things have been going, but I really think she was just has improved so much.
Speaker 1: The night before. So it was rehearsal night. Did you see that video of them rehearsing Val and Alex that's on Instagram.
Speaker 2: I'm sure I did because I followed him both now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. So I'm a like Val is one of the nicest, kindest humans ever, and he's so strong and professional that you don't always get to see that side of him on the show. And he was the one like so evolved in like spiritual and like moments where I would be like, oh, you know, in the makeup trailer behind. He would always calm me down and always had the right things to say, and he's just a really, really amazing human. So watching that video it was their last rehearsal and they were gonna, I was like, oh my god. So I like replied, and I was like, in val, I trust, like, I love you so much and I look forward to knowing you. Alex, like this partnership has broken barriers and I love it. And he hearted it back and I was just like, oh, I love it. I became such a fan of the season. This is so cool. Anyway. Yeah, I was right with you. I really wanted them to win, but you knew they weren't, right because two seasons ago he took home the mirror ball, and then last season his wife took him the mirror ball. And they have to play it fair drink.
Speaker 2: Huh Okay, yes they do. I guess it. I I just it's fresh trading. It is because I really I just shove strongly believe Alex Erle was the best dancer last night anyway, perfect ten score as deserved. Dylan Ephron in between night. Sorry, it was it's Bruno's birthday. His seventieth birthday, which is incredible.
Speaker 1: That man does not look seventy no.
Speaker 2: And he's got so much energy.
Speaker 1: My godsh have you ever met him in person?
Speaker 2: I never have No.
Speaker 1: Delightful really just as delightful as you would think, great, funny, humor, looks great person, He's amazing.
Speaker 2: I've met Derek Huff in person, but I haven't met Carrie Anne nor Bruno.
Speaker 1: They're all great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love our judges. In between the dances, they are kind of pepper in some I was calling it member this segments where they just look back on the series, the season as a whole and kind of go back to the early early dances and some of the eliminated competitors. That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: In between those moments, that's where oh, I texted you last night. But I decided to won't never make anything easy in my life. I'd like to go for the hardest. So while I had to watch the three hour finale, I also decided to make Homie meatload for my children, which I'll tell you later how that went. But yeah, so I took those moments of the flashbacks to be like check on my food, check on my food. Okay, anyway, that was good for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was afraid for the three hours. I was because you know, that's daunting and I'm more.
Speaker 1: Than the Titanic. Yeah, it's like a stance with the stars. Like what three hours?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'm glad that they had commercial breaks. But I'm visiting my mother for the holiday, and I was like, we got to eat dinner at some point. This is like prime dinner time, and so during the do you remember this segments? And during the commercials lee back to the dinner table and eat, eat a couple of bites of salad, and then go back to work and then clock back in. Uh ling something.
Speaker 1: Amperal quickly bring it up. I didn't realize the carrion was a flying girl.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I was screaming.
Speaker 2: That comes up in Jordan child dance. That comes up later. We will get into that. But I did not know that either. And I was so excited to learn that. And I was also excited to teach my wife what the fly girls were. She did not know what a fly girl.
Speaker 1: Was, and I was like, oh my god, my kids didn't either.
Speaker 2: So much so much we need to watch the color come on j Loo, you know, I was thinking about it living color because I did a fire Marshal Bill impression like the day before, and so like a living colors.
Speaker 1: Like on my brain signs.
Speaker 2: Dylan Efron and Danielle like got their first dance, the Passive Doblay, chosen by Bruno the Birthday Boy. This was very, very good. The shirt came off quick in this dance. Yes, he did not have a shirt on for long. He really wants that mirror ball. Now you can see the determination. The ballroom went nuts at this dance. Everyone is on their feet and Alfonso is he loves saying that the ballroom loves it. I did not. I was impressed with this.
Speaker 1: I did not either. I didn't know where you were going with that. And I was like, wait this disagreed, disagree. Wow, it's felt stiff. I yeah, I waged so much progress this season. And then that was his first dance out and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, so I'm you know, I thought it was underwhelming as well. And there's a part where he like shuffles Danielle under his leg that was kind of cool. That was the only part that I really loved.
Speaker 1: It got better, but the first part was just and then I in my brain was trying to be like, well, is this on purpose because it's a possible dobl a. Is he supposed to be stiffed like the Mauta door And I'm like but then I'm like, no, I think it just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just the ability wasn't there, and you know, it's it's funny on this The ability in this finale is so high. There's so many perfect scores tonight that like, if you get like he got straight nines, which I think earlier in the season that would have been like, oh my god, I can't believe how well he did. Now it's oh god, that's a terrible score.
Speaker 1: The finale, you get nines, You're like, you suck. Yeah, It's like yeah, home man, I just got to point out and it's been happening all season, but it continues. This is a show that's on ABC, Disney Plus and Hulu, so I'm gonna call up the Disney factor here. There are so many sexual in New Windows made that I got and I love it when Bruno makes new windows. But I was just it's like, is this okay? He's like, I'm going to watch that back later. I'm like, wait, what is happening.
Speaker 2: Yes, he said when he said that, and then also he said like, uh, wrap that up any gift and send it to my trailer. Anytime a male dancer takes her shirt off, Bruno gets, you know, excited. Yes, and uh.
Speaker 1: And he only he only does it with Dylan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's so comment to Andy Richter like it's just like yes and Andy carry him in, thank you.
Speaker 2: Uh. Dylan is very fun to watch. He's a very attractive young man. Uh. And it's funny after that dance.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: My wife Allison Lena, She's like, he's going home tonight. And I'm like, they're all going home. Everyone's going home except for one person.
Speaker 1: So he's going home tonight. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got we got to reframe. We're we're talking about here. Next up Elaine Hendrix and Alan Burson. I had the joy of reminding my mother who Elaine Hendricks was every time they showed her on screen holding up a picture of the Parent Trap poster. I just show her this. I was like, she's from the Parent Trap.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it's interesting because you watch this with your mom. The finale I watched with all my kids, so it's different generations. But I was doing the same thing. So they're like, who is she? She looks familiar. I'm like, uh, the parent trap the original. Nope, you guys wouldn't know their original. That's my generation. Lindsay Lohan. I was like, she's Meredith Banks, Meredith Banks. I was like, justice for Meredith Banks. It's all over TikTok. Anyway, I'm showing her and I was like, she was in Freak Your Friday. Like I don't know what to say to make them notice. And then my daughter goes, I know who she is. She was in Beverly Hills, Chihuahua.
Speaker 2: What a pull. Wow, Okay, great, okay wow. I didn't realize it was such a cultural touchstone to that movie.
Speaker 1: It is actually.
Speaker 2: So uh Yeah. Elaine Hendricks is great and I'm so excited to see her in the finals. I mean that song, yes, take my Breath Away.
Speaker 1: From Top gun I. This is the first dance. I cried.
Speaker 2: Me too. I got very emotional.
Speaker 1: She just it was so beautiful. And have you noticed on this journey with Dancing with the Stars she has had what some call the Hollywood glow up?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I have noticed that.
Speaker 1: Like she just keeps getting younger and more like glamor. I don't know, she looked amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. And something I keep thinking about is like, while the season's on this they keep saying that this season has been breaking so many like ratings wreck or it is voting records, just everyone's watching the season.
Speaker 1: This is they.
Speaker 2: Keep telling They keep reminding us that, And I don't know if I'm just in I'm into Dancing with the Star's bubble, I'm I'm thinking about constantly. Everyone I work with is talking about it constantly. But it seems in the past the viewership has skewed more older. I think, yeah, it's been for older people that watch it, and this season a lot of younger people are watching for the Alex Earls and such and and I think Ezra's really bringing in a lot of young people too. So I'm what I'm curious about for Elaine specifically, is like, is Dancing with the Stars. I don't want to say a launching point because these people are already stars, but like, is it going to reinvigorate certain certain people's careers? Like are we going to see more of Elaine Hendricks around after this?
Speaker 1: Okay, so historically at least this is what is what I was told every season. I always said I was offered Dance with the Stars, it was too nervous to do it, didn't do it, And when I would talk to people that were on it, I'd be like, they'd be like, it literally restores your career. Like not that people aren't relevant, but like people, every single person that does Dancing with the Stars goes on to do something else unexpected great, like a real, real career climb. Except when I did it, what happened that is such My Life's like Tori's life, like, Oh, I'm gonna finally do this climb the mountain and it's like hello, hello, knocking on doors, like all the lights are off. Nothing happened after that, but we're doing misstepping. So this there's something but yeah something, Yes, everyone says it does something for everybody's career. So Elaine Hendricks will something huge will come.
Speaker 2: For her out office, I hope because she's it was so fun to watch. I really enjoyed watching her story too. She was so great, and you know, I'm so appreciative of her doing this podcast and hanging out with you too.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see her in person.
Speaker 2: She's great and This dance was great too. She had a Derek huff chose a rumba to take my breathway as we as we mentioned from Taiga, and she did this crazy twirl. I thought she had great control over her hands. I'm watching the hands a line. She looked very good, a very gentle and tender dance, which I was so emotional.
Speaker 1: And you think you show there like you wanted them to kiss them too, like you've done in the past.
Speaker 2: Of course, I don't want everybody to kiss that's a dream.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Watch jump in ahead just a bit. But later in the near the end, they're kind of promoting the tour, the Dancing with the Stars tour, which they don't let us forget about. But we got to see dances from all the couples on the pro couples and it was like Val and Jenna, Pasha and Daniella, and there was one other. Oh I actually I don't know if there are a couple or not.
Speaker 1: But Alan and Emma.
Speaker 2: God, they show yes, yes, Alan and Alan and Emma. No you didn't no, I did not, h Yeah, And it was it was so fun.
Speaker 1: There's three real life couples on the show because with the pros.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was so fun to watch because then like they were getting really close and like they each kissed a couple of times, which I thought was so fun because I'm like, oh, they're they're married, they can kiss on the dance floor, which satisfied the cardinal urges I felt watching there them throughout the season.
Speaker 1: Do you know the pro Sasha because he was not on this season.
Speaker 2: Sasha Farberry, Yeah, yeah, he's been around. He's not competing this season. Obviously he's there.
Speaker 1: He's one of my favorites, such a great guy. Did you know that Emma and Sasha used to be together agent on the Stay?
Speaker 2: I learned this last night.
Speaker 1: And now Alan and Emma together. I'm like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: You know Showman's I was.
Speaker 1: On last season. A friend of mine st I've heard rumors on Reddit that Alan and Emma are together, and I was like, I'm with them every day. No, no, they're just friends. Well, wow, it was real.
Speaker 2: I love Alan Bercy. He seems so sweet.
Speaker 1: He's so sweet.
Speaker 2: He's so he just seems so like gentle and caring for Elaine, who's just been through it like this season, like that crazy injury and you know, and she's the oldest competitor in the finals. But how lucky she was to have a partner like that. He's just so he seems so great.
Speaker 1: They're really talented of matching the pros with their celebs on not just emotional needs as well. They're very skilled in knowing that, and you can't truly know it until they start their partnership. But kudos to Dancing with the Stars producers.
Speaker 2: It's so and you know, just to go to go back to Alex, my my fam hero for a second. She pointed out in I can't remember if it was in the first Dancer and that's or later on, but she pointed out that she and Val were the only partners that didn't hug on the first day she came in and they shook hands. And I heard from another from someone else who was there that when everyone met Alex for the first time, she like, everyone's hugging each other. You know, everyone knows you're going to be in this for a long time. Like so, I think everyone's like really familiar right away, and everyone wants to hug each other. Alex shook everybody's hands. She didn't hug anybody, And this person said they thought that was interesting. And now she and Val are like super close, and there were rumors that she and Val didn't get along. That was an early rumor. Was it like they Yeah, I saw it online that they they didn't like each other.
Speaker 1: But they're very, very tough love on his celebrity. He's like he he's not easy, but that's why he gets so much out of them exactly, but he's also so kind. Hmmm, do you think that's true or they just made that up online?
Speaker 2: I don't know, that's just that's what I heard. That's what I heard. I mean, there's got to be something, you know, maybe they just made it up. So back to Elaine and Allen. Derek loved their dance and I was thinking about this judge's choice one. I was like, the judge who picks the dance, it kind of works them a little bit too, you know, like they're just going to automatically love it. Is that that's something I can guarantee they have I improven wrong, I improven wrong just a few dances later, right, yes, yes, we will get into yeah. But I was like, oh, well, the when with this round, we can at least guarantee one of the Judges is going to be like obsessed with what they're doing. Derek loved this dance. They got a perfect ten, they got tens across the board and it was just it was a great It was a great dance. It was so fun come back with a little Lady Gaga dance. We got to see Scott Hoyning, he's a huge Lady Gaga fan, dance to that. So that was really fun to see. And now we're moving on to our would be champion, Robert Irwin and Whitney Carson. Derek has chosen a quick step for them to are You Gonna Be My Girl? By Jet and this so they should point out that Robert has a rib injury, and I was like, are they setting us up for him to be not very good but like kind of give him a pass because he's injured, or is it like, oh wow, look, how look how good he was. He's in he's injured too, And I was like, this is like kind of tainting how we're looking at this. But I said out loud, I was like, he could not dance the entire show and he's still gonna win. This is how that's everyone's made up their minds already.
Speaker 1: I have many thoughts about this first dance with Robert and Whitney. I came away from this dance very upset, Wow, very upset because I felt which didn't reflect except in Carrie Anne, but everyone else gave them ten. So I was like, did I see this wrong? I felt like he was friggin dragging his progue across the dance floor. Yes, in my opinion, Whinny Carson, she's a wife, she's a mom, She's incredible dancer, so skilled, so dedicated, and it pissed me off on her behalf because I was like, what's he proving here? Like it almost made her look like she wasn't in control, And there were moments where I could see on her face. I was just like, oh my gosh, what are you doing? I thought she was gonna have an injury afterwards because he was being so forceful with her, and I got pissed me off on her behalf.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I I I agree, uh, And I was watching this and I'm like, you would not know he was injured based on this dance. I didn't think. I'm I'm not saying he wasn't injured, but I'm just saying maybe it's overblown a little bit because he was being very forceful. I had I had the same thought. Uh, the doctor in the in the package says the choreo the choreo had to be creatively altered to not aggravate his injury more. And I don't know if that meant now he gets to drag around like a rag doll or whatever.
Speaker 1: Overcompment saying, I don't know what happened because they're usually on point, but it's like it's it felt like he was just going forward and like not listening to his partner. I don't know. It was odd. Didn't love that.
Speaker 2: Jez and Uh, Bruno and Derek gave him tense Darren held him the quick step King, and he had a part time getting that that out. But then carry Anne had the we didn't have the butt heard around the world.
Speaker 1: I noticed that too, because he wanted to say Queen yes, and he couldn't get the word. And then he was like what's happening and he's like King, and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: He stood up and kind of played off like he was like being overcome with emotion like Bruno exactly yeah, and then Carrie Anne's like it was okay, but and then everyone starts booing. She didn't even get I didn't hear her critique. I didn't hear what she didn't like about it because everyone started booing, and then she had to like, I was afraid for her safety, honestly, like everyone was so mad that she wasn't just giving it a ten. And she said there was a mistake, but she would didn't couldn't vocalize what the mistake was, so she gave it a nine for that unknown mistake.
Speaker 1: We'll have to find that online. I'm sure it's somewhere online.
Speaker 2: What she said, it's something. And then we go to a commercial break and come back with we have to see our beloved Daniel fishal Andy Richter, and Whitney Levitt dancing. We were calling them the fan favorite crew. Yeah, the the Yeah, everyone loves all three of them. It was fun to see them dancing again in that like kind of tower thing. That was fun. Jordan, Chiles and Ezra's as so our next Carrie Anne gave them a passive doblay to breaking dishes by Rihanna, and that's when we learned that carry girl. Yes, that's when I learned Jordan was very excited about that, as was everybody. That was really fun and I realized I don't know much about carry Ane's background, so I would like to research more because I'm sure there's more surprising things. Yes, I thought that Jordan was like dragging a bit on this. I thought she was kind of behind Ezra and it was good, but I.
Speaker 1: Think it was I didn't love it either, and that's when I was like, oh, they're not going to be in like being one. It's the finals. There was no one eliminated, like it's I know want like, well no, because we got to see them all dance. I feel like they used to do it where like in the beginning of the show, three would go home. Do I say this every like around home?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, like they would eliminate people throughout the episode and then yeah.
Speaker 1: But I just can't do that because they've all worked so hard, these three dances, but be a little more exciting, and.
Speaker 2: We kind of get because you know, when they do the eliminations, it would just be like a random group and then the two lowest scoring people and so we kind of get a version of eliminations when they because they tell us like who got fifth, who got fourth right, and.
Speaker 1: It's not the same fact.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, no, it's exactly exactly. Yeah. So Carrie Anne had a problem with this one too, and everyone started booing again, and I was like, oh, my gosh, she can be like attacked by an angry mob, like just for having it.
Speaker 1: And then and then wait, this is the one where someone said something in the audience.
Speaker 2: Correct someone someone yells is something at her and she's like, what'd you say to me?
Speaker 1: She goes, what did you say? And like she stood up like this, and I could have sworn, like her middle finger was kind of like pointed out, and I was like, oh my god, it's going to go down. Didn't you kind of wanted I didn't want her to get hurt. But I love this she.
Speaker 2: Stood up, yes, because we've talked about this before. She is a She is a lone woman up there with two guys, and she often has something unpopular to say, and I just feel like she's in a really tough position. Uh, and someone came at her. It's crazy. The notes in here say someone allegedly yelled the F word or shut up be to her, and which sucks, like let her do her damn job. My God. I know it's not popular, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do have to say she has stepped up to take on this role. That's a bit different than how she's been in the past. She's critiquing, people are booing her. She has accepted it, come into it. She used to be like, oh, Carrie Inne, she's the female, we love her. She's in her villain era. So it's like, oh, she's accepted this role. And do you think now they're pushing it further and encouraging her.
Speaker 2: Possibly because that's what gets people talking.
Speaker 1: Yes, so did someone actually shout something or was that all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's interesting. Interesting. Next up we have the Instant Dance, which is so exciting. But before we talk about that, we got to take a quick break. Okay, we'll be right back with more misstepping. Hey, it's miss Stepping. My name's Easton Allen. I'm hanging out with Tory Spelling, the host of this show. She has allowed me into her home to talk about the finale of Dancing with the Stars Season thirty four. The Instant Dance is this next round. They find out the dance and the song five minutes before they have to do it. My god, this is insane. I couldn't believe this round, like that this was the thing you have to do.
Speaker 1: So my kids are like, wait, wait, wait is this real?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: And I was like, I don't know, actually, because we don't get to see that part when all the we come back the finalists were hers separately, so oh man, and I was so focused on that, like dress rehearsal that day and everything. I don't know, but like there must be some conversation like if this is the app that you see, you pick this, like do you think anything?
Speaker 2: I don't know, because they show them preparing in the packages for anything, like they they I think they have. They make them prepare for all every dance and then they pull the one that they end up choosing and something that like I don't know if it was cooked or not, but I just enjoyed. Was when we got to Dylan and Danielle. There was a part right it was after they'd gotten changed, but before they started they come back from breaking. You could see Danielle on her iPhone listening to the song and like kind of doing things, doing moves, and I was really I thought that was cool because I'm like, oh God, like they really have to come up with this on the spot, Like that's what if it's a song that I don't know like it? I mean, I think that happened with like when they got you know, well, we have to get into Alex and Val. But Dylan and Danielle got Ordinary by Alex Warren, which is the number one song in the country and was for a very long time. I don't think they knew that song though, And and like Robert says later on that he uses this, he never figured out the counting, which I don't know if that's true or not, but he's like, I never I never figured out the counting. I had to use a song for the I used the music and I don't know this song? So how are we going to do this? And like it's it's an incredible challenge.
Speaker 1: I I.
Speaker 2: I was trying to do it, but I think, well, so first up is Alex in Val. Yes, they selected Blindfolded a chachat to Where Is My Husband? By Ray, which is a very fun song and uh, actually you know what they pointed. People were pointing this out online that the song was interesting because I don't think Alex's boyfriend has been to a taping the whole.
Speaker 1: This is the first one.
Speaker 2: I don't think No, I don't think he was there.
Speaker 1: He wasn't he was in the package.
Speaker 2: She was in the package. I know she had a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? You know I came into this not knowing who she was. But then, thank you Instagram, I went down the rabbit hole dancing with the stars. I love her now, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And he's a he's an NFL player, which is the season is going on, so I you know, I understand if you can't take time off to come to LA to watch her dance. But everyone was pointing out like, oh, it's interesting she danced to where is my husband when her husband or her boyfriend has been absent for the entire season.
Speaker 1: Interesting? And this is her second athlete that she's been with. How does that happen in life? I've never dated an athlete or a musician? Really, no, Like, how do you like, how does that happen? Like it's not like she's single, like singling out like I want to date a famous athlete? Or is that like on her that on her manifestation mood board? Who knows? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Does she hang out with athletes? Like?
Speaker 1: How?
Speaker 2: I wonder how that works anyway, we got to see her fringe parts came back on yep, an incredible dance, perfect score. I loved it. I was like, oh, she she I'm again. I'm like, I want her to win this so badly. I think she has a chance to win. But if I had to put money down like everyone else in Vegas did, it would be on Robert, which said uh. Then we move on to Dylan and Daniella, who chose a Fox Trot to Ordinary by Alex Warren. And something I enjoy is when they go up to like get their assignments, they're both wearing robes and you know, I don't know. I liked to think. I was watching like I wonder, very I won't have to just naked under there. This is kind of fun. It was fun to see. It looked like they were coming out of like a spa or something.
Speaker 1: It was fun and we're thinking that what.
Speaker 2: Is going on under the robe? I want to know, un wrapped.
Speaker 1: So that is the robe they give every contestant for the season. Each season they have a different rope, so like I have mine up here. Up here, that's so fun upstairs, my Dancing with the Stars, and it has like you're name on and whatever, and yeah, so you have that robe.
Speaker 2: When you did Mass Singer, they did, they give you a hoodie that says, don't talk to me. I I thought that was so cool and I Jana Kramer, who did one of the latest seasons, posted about it and I told her how much I loved that hoodie and I thought it was so cool, and she gave me her hoodie. I have my mask singer hoodie and now and now I got to get my hands on one of these robes. That's my next goal.
Speaker 1: You want my robe.
Speaker 2: I don't want to take a robe from your toy that belongs to the Smithsonian. You kidding me? Oh my god, don't Felderman get his robe.
Speaker 1: He'll give it to you.
Speaker 2: Uh so, Yeah. Next up Dylan and Daniella they fox Trot.
Speaker 1: That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: It's hard and five minutes to prepare. You know. The whole season they keep saying Daniella is a ferrari. You know, you got to be the leading man, but it's so hard because she's such a powerful dancer. And I could see that come right back with this one. I felt like Daniella was leading this. He was carrying it. I thought that it was I thought that it was good, but also I'm like, oh, he's not He's just doing what she's telling him to do. The judges loved it. They went crazy. I believe, you know, I gotta look ahead. I think this is the beginning of where every single dance is a perfect ten from here on out. Oh there's one. There is one dance that is not a perfect ten for the rest of the show, one or two.
Speaker 1: But I mean this instant dance. You really, this is where the celebrity has to completely just trust their pro yes, because they are either saying it out loud to them, reminding them like you know, like foxtrot, like this move that move, squeezing their hand, pushing, guiding them. Obviously, it's easier for the male professionals to guide their female The females are with men and they have to like where Daniella and yeah, she is a powerhouse, so no doubt. She was just like, just trust me and let's go.
Speaker 2: After their dan After Dylan and Danielle, I was like, oh my, I wrote down, like, you know, I was convinced it was gonna be Robert and now I'm not so sure. I wonder. I'm like, there's a chance because Robert's first dance was not that great, and I was like, you know what, maybe I'm wrong. Like I could see Dylan waiting this thing now like everyone's loving him tonight.
Speaker 1: This is where I thought the same thing talk about this wild ride. I was like, oh wait, he could take it.
Speaker 2: It's all going to come down to the fan votes, but everyone's just getting perfect scorests up. Elena and Allen dancing a quick step to you Can't Hurry Love. She she missed a couple moves and it wasn't perfect. But something I liked about the dance that is I was watching her face and you can tell she's having so much fun. Yeah, she was having so much fun, which just made me happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I'm sorry I got so fixated on this, but after their dance, I heard Alfonso say head on up to the AT and T Skybox, and I was like, has this thing been sponsored the whole time? And I just am now noticing or is this just for the finale? And it was sponsored by AT and T at least last night, so you know, we got to see the AT and T Skybox. He ain't called that every time, but I did I know that. So they did not get a perfect score. They got straight nines for this one. And you know, she's having fun. That's what this is about. We're having fun and we're learning how to dance. Robert Irwin and Whitney Carson at chaw Chaw to Cake by the Ocean by d Nce. I he.
Speaker 1: What this is? Where I thought? I was like, oh, maybe we all have this wrong and he can't dance unless he's perfect trained for each I thought he he didn't do great in this like he. I thought so too, okay, but they got sons.
Speaker 2: They did, and that's when I was like, what the hell is going on here? Because I wrote down like he says in the package, like I don't have I don't know how the counts work. I have to use the music and I don't know the song.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And watching the dance I can see he was like visually checking in with Whitney so much like is this right? Is this right?
Speaker 1: And like, oh, you know how he's checking in After he dragged her across the dance floor, I mean now and now it was like reversal of like power. He was like, oh help me, I got nothing here.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's but you know, obviously I was wrong because.
Speaker 1: They I was wrong too. They got all tens, they.
Speaker 2: Got straight tense and you know, I don't want to rag on Julian have too much, but I did find it very funny that Confetti went in front of the teleprompter and she did not know what to do and I felt bad for her, but she I missed that. There's a part where when she's talking to them in the skybox after they get their perfect tens, they shoot the confetti cannons yet again and she's like, there's a glittering front of the prompter. Well I missed that, and I was like, what was the prompter saying back to you? Sorry? I thought that was funny, And next up.
Speaker 1: Into a pan at that point, yes, go on, yeah exactly. Uh.
Speaker 2: Jordan and Ezra our final instant dance. They chose a tango to I Like It by a Lesso and Nate Smith, and uh, it was good. I was excited to see Ezrad. I'm just excited to see Ezra in the finals. You know, he seems so pumped on this. That was just fun to see him do every part of this.
Speaker 1: So that was cool.
Speaker 2: Great, they were hoping for a tango. They got the tango.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Really good footwork, cool kick move. They're great, much better than the first dance. I thought they got perfect tens uh and then the final round.
Speaker 1: At this point in this three hour show, I'm like, just get to the freestyle. This is all freestyle.
Speaker 2: Yes, I can do.
Speaker 1: Without the instant dance. If they want to cut an hour out, I'm just saying, next year, do you know agree?
Speaker 2: Do you know? I like I liked the instant dance because I thought, I don't know how you know, real it was, but I liked the idea that like, oh, let's see how well they can do this with no prep, Like do they really have it? Or is this just like I don't know, I kind of liked. I kind of like the instant dance. I think if we make it shorter, I'm sorry, but I think we just get I want less uh less little packages and to remember the you know. But it was also fun to see everybody from from earlier in the season the freestyle again. Everyone's been looking forward to this all season. This is the big one. This is so it seems like there's no limits to this dance.
Speaker 1: Right, This is where you see crazy moves whatever, like the celebs they're are best suited for. This is the dance they're pro just jams at pack with.
Speaker 2: There's like crazy props and costumes and backup dancer. It was so cool.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is where my kids, because they don't watch this consistently, they watched you know me on the you know where I got Illuminade and they came to the finale, but they were just like, why are there so many backup dancers? I'm so distracted. I'm like, oh, because this is the big one. I was like, you're gonna see props, You're gonna this is they pull out all the big guns here and they were like, we just want to see her dance.
Speaker 2: I love it. I think it's so cool. I got excite, so fun. I mean yeah, this first one from Alex and Val they danced to. It was a mix of Man Eater by Nelly Fortado and sports Car by Tate McCray. And this was a music video. I mean this was like she jumped off a seal structure. She had the crazy outfit.
Speaker 1: This was the matrix moves with that yes, with that costume, I was like, it was a chills I was crying. I was shouting. I was like those boots. I was like this, she is it? Sorry?
Speaker 2: It was yeah, so bad.
Speaker 1: Even though I knew you wanted it from the beginning with her, but like this, at this moment when I saw it, I was like they must win.
Speaker 2: Yes, And at that point I was like, oh god, this is I mean, she's had perfet Every dance has been a perfect ten, so she's got a I want her to wait so bad. But yeah, oh well it was. It was so great. I can't wait. I want to watch this dance again. It was just so I loved it so much. Dylan and Daniella dancing to Something in the Heavens by Lewis Capaldi. He did this really cool handstand that I thought was cool. He picked up so at one point he like throws Danielle in the air and then kind of catches her. And then right after that she does this like running jump at him from the stage and carter again.
Speaker 1: You saw the package, right, yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yeah, And also I would be afraid if I were Dylan because she's already broken his nose once. Is this gonna happen again? There's so much like velocity coming at him from Daniella. Uh, this was a great dance too. They they they have water at the end of it. It was it was cool. I loved it this episode.
Speaker 1: I had just watched Alex and Baal and I'm like, they must win, And then I watched the freestyle with Tone and Daniella crying championing him, and I'm like, okay, here I go on this ride. He must win now on behalf of everyone, like he is our champion.
Speaker 2: I don't know, champion, Yes, yeah, what a I mean, you said it best. But what a roller coaster this this finale. It's really you know, it's funny because we we went into this whole thing kind of knowing who was going to win at the very first episode, but but we still were unsure at the end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so uh yeah, this it was great.
Speaker 2: And the you know what made me emotional was hearing Bruno talk about this dance. That made this was the second time I cried. Was he he said something. Let me see if we have the exact quote here, but he said, uh, it was beautiful and poetic. You've captured the elusive qualities of a dream, beautiful imagery I will never forget. And that I was like, what A like if you take out everything that this is a competition show and is a reality show and there's like a trophy and everything, but like just people learning to express themselves through dance and to create these images and express this these emotions. I just I was like, what a It was just a beautiful way to to summer. I is what what we're watching here? And I was like, this is this is art that we're experiencing, and it's so fun to.
Speaker 1: Watch art that's It's exactly what it is.
Speaker 2: So before we move on to Elaine and Allen, we get to see a dance from last year the Raining Mirrorball Champions their last few moments as the reigning champions, Jenny Johnson and Joey grazz a day and they did a little dance that was fun to watch. It's fun to watch him like rehearse after having not danced for probably a year. Yeah, and uh and but the thing I really loved about this moment was I don't know how I was trying to describe it to my wife, but there's a there's a like a little clip that they play before every dancer that they filmed at the very beginning they're all in like the blue suit like wardrobe and yeah, it's like Dylan and Danielle like playing with like with a disco ball with mirball. Yeah, and they before Jenna and Joey performed or did dance, they played the one from last season that they had filmed, so like Joey's hair is like really like they look different because it's from a year ago. And I just thought that was kind of fun that they broke that out of the old hard drive and play that little club.
Speaker 1: So there's a promo shoot that we all do before we even start the show. That's the first day, like we've met our partners. We maybe rehearsed one or two days and everything, and then we do this promo shoot where you're like all dulled up and pretending to do stuff, the mirror ball and all that.
Speaker 2: So it's first. I just think it's it's fun to break out that old that that call so Elaine Hendricks and all and Burston, Oh my god, this one was. I thought this was so fun. I loved this.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 2: They dance to I hope I get it from a chorus line, which.
Speaker 1: I'm a big chorus line girl. So I was like, yes, you know, my kids are like this. I'm like, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: This was so rad This was Broadway. I mean, this is a blown play. It was crazy. It was oh my god, like the sets, the costumes, Uh, the costume, all.
Speaker 1: Of the actors, like all the other contestants.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Andy playing the director. It was what a fun thing to watch.
Speaker 1: Just oh sorry, just to start it off, they go, it's like you're going in for the audition, and it was so the metaphor of her partner is Alan, and then Alan's real life girlfriend Emma is there, and it's Elaine and Emma going up for the role together, the oldest one there and then the young partner. I thought that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, so and uh Lisa and Walter was there as the scene behind the desk.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It was yeah, it was. It was awesome. I just loved it. It was so great and it was so good.
Speaker 1: I knew when I watched that freestyle it gave me such joy. But I was like, she's I didn't I didn't feel she was gonna win at that point. That's why that's when it clicked for me, like she's not going to win this, but I was fun to watch everything about it.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we got to see it. I'm glad we got to see that. And then uh, Robert Win and Whitney Carson uh showing off these working through this rib injury. Get getting very emotional in the in the package dancing to Black and Gold, Uh and the Knights black and Gold by Sam Sparrow and the Knights by v She This this was this was a great dance.
Speaker 1: It was flawless.
Speaker 2: There's a crazy tumble from from Whitney that was really fun to watch, great footwork.
Speaker 1: And then I'm brilliant choreographer.
Speaker 2: She really is, She's she is. I mean, she deserves this mirror ball. Like I was happy about her winning it because she truly deserves it. She and he is a great he's a great answer to me, like there's extra extra things at play that made it weird, but she but they're both incredible dancers. They deserve this win.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Bruno made me cry again that when he said I'm gonna cure up saying this when he's like he sees you, that was like, I don't know that. That made me so emotional, And that was the.
Speaker 1: Point in the program that I started crying again, and I was like, I'm a dick because I was like, oh, this wild ride and like and then of course, like I heard that and I was like, oh, yes, like it's not been an easy journey his life, his family's life and publicly and it took me back again and I was like, Okay, this is beautiful. He's gonna win it, but this he deserves. Like it's so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so hard, but in credible dance and a perfect tens score. Everyone gets perfect tens here. It's it's just funny. This is just such a great part of the show to watch. And now our final dance more yep. Our final dance Jordan and Ezra dancing to bow Down by Beyonce and motivation by Normani. Normani, who competed in the past on Dancing with the Stars and who joins Jordan for the dance. H great use of chainling fences in this dance so cool. I I loved it. I thought it was it was funny. When Normani joins her, I was like, is this okay? Is this allowed to have the artist behind the song? But I'm like, it's a freestyle and everything's okay. There's definite.
Speaker 1: The last movement of the finaley.
Speaker 2: I had the same thought when when Bindi came out. I think it was during I can't remember. It was after dedication week. But Robert another dance where his sister came out and joined him, and I was like, has this okay? How is this fair?
Speaker 1: I'm not saying a word. This is where I got publicly attacked in the press. But his fans.
Speaker 2: It was fun to see Normani out there. I'm a big Normani fan personally, so that was really fun. And Jordan did a she did like a triple spin, which I think is like a seven twenty or something or maybe I can't remember what the degrees are, but she was crazy. I don't know how she's a gymnast, she's prepared for this, but like, oh my god, it's just so much athleticism and physicality in this dance. It was incredible.
Speaker 1: Okay, so this is I feel like I was like I couldn't make a decision this whole episode because every time, so I'm at this point, I'm like, you know, they're not going to make it whatever the first two dances, I watched this dance and all of a sudden, I'm like, oh my gosh. First of all, I love it, Ezra. I'm friends with Ezra. I loved watching him shine. He's a brilliant choreographer. This is only his second year as a professional in Dancing with the Stars, and he was eliminated first last season. He got to go all the way this time and create such an amazing freestyle, and I was like, look, how brilliant he is. I thought she was brilliant. And this is when I changed my mind once again, and I stood up and I said, oh, yeah, yeah, guys, take it.
Speaker 2: All home, take it home. It was so good.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have been mad if they won.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, me either. But then, but then, and you know, Carriean agrees with you. She stands up and says, that's the best freestyle I have ever seen. Oh, in this entire we have.
Speaker 1: To make notes that throughout the show, Carrie Ann gets more fired up, and every time she puts her paddle up with her score, she's pointing at it and putting into the camera like telling the audience this is what it should be.
Speaker 2: Did you know that I did doing that? I'm like, well, yeah, so here we go. Well, after an incredible round of freestyles. Uh did not disappoint at all, exceeded expectations. We now have to get to the final elimination, themate elimination, the winner, and my god, did they drag this out. They teased it so much. They went to commercial break two different times. It was crazy. So they go to break, we come.
Speaker 1: Back, they announced, Yeah, it goes so there's lights everywhere on everyone, and as you're announced eliminated, like fifth place, fourth place, it just goes dark on you. Yes, and having in there in person, it is palpitable, like you watch it and you're just like.
Speaker 3: You feel it, but you feel it through the TV as well. Yes, So okay, fifth place, Elaine and.
Speaker 1: Alan, Elaine and Allen, it goes dark. Were you shocked?
Speaker 2: Now? I was not shocked at that point. I was they'd done so well. But I was like, at this point, I think Elaine's gonna be the first to go.
Speaker 1: You did me?
Speaker 2: I thought it was either me, Elaine or George, even with that incredible freestyle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I want to know what place we would put them in. It's our final show. Yeah, when that went out, I was like, okay, I really loved her and championed her, but I guess, yeah, someone's got to go first in this there we go.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I would. I would have put her that I was aligned with that. Fourth place, however, I would have changed.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm gonna take you through my timeline real quick. I couldn't stop what was happening live and I couldn't stop. The meat loaf was done, the timer was going off. I freaked out. My brain couldn't think fast enough to say pause. The TV I ran and I could hear. I went back and watched it afterwards. Fourth place, Dylan and Daniella. I take the meat loaf out and I fumble it and it goes flying No, and it was slowm on my head, whoa, like there goes Dinner. It was like a football play. I saved it, like it didn't go everywhere.
Speaker 2: It was like it.
Speaker 1: Meatloaf was saved. Dylan and Daniel off though I was fourd he is America's champion. How could they put him in fourth? He should have been third?
Speaker 2: I I agree, I agree completely. I'm sorry, but I would have put Jordan in fourth. Jordan and Ezra. That was crazy And at this point, I mean, you're looking at the final like everyone's only a couple of points away from each other in terms of the judges' scores. This is entirely audience voting at this point. I think that determining the winner is what I what I think. I don't know for sure, but that's what it seems to me.
Speaker 1: Uh so, which surprised me because West Coast does not vote based on the performance. They have to vote just who they like best. They haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 2: It just anyway, it's crazy, it's it's, yes, a major flaw with this system, but this is how it is. I guess, you know, I'm curious. How did the voting work when it was on Disney Plus? Like, do you remember the year maybe it was? Was it not your was it your season? There was a no, maybe it was before. There's a couple of seasons where it was on Disney Plus and wasn't on ABC.
Speaker 1: You remember this? I didn't want to live during that time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how the voting worked because like or was it the same? And they just went if you were on these coasts, you just or West Coast you just couldn't watch it and it wouldn't stream until a certain time. But I gotta I gotta look that up. Interesting anyway, third place Jordan, Chiles and Azrisosa. I would have I would have put I would have put Dylan there. We would have swapped them. But also, you know, exciting for Jordan to get so close, yeah to winning. She was saying that a mirror ball is a bigger deal to her than a gold medal, which blew my mind because that's the highest achievement you can get as an athlete. But she wanted this dancing trophy.
Speaker 1: On a uh and put in.
Speaker 2: You know, just call it like it like I see it.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then before they got down. So now we have the last two, Alex and Robert, and they go to another commercial break, uh and uh we have to We're sitting there just I'm going, oh my god, who is it going to be?
Speaker 1: Were you looking they're like body language between the two couples.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes I was, And I was trying to figure out because they're they're staying on either side of Alfonso and Julianne. I think Julianne has the card with the winner, and I was trying to see if you. I interviewed Clay Aiken a few months ago and he and I asked him about how did it feel when you learn you got second place to Ruben stuttered on American Idol and he said, when Seacrest opened the card, I looked over and I could see it, so I like three. He's like, if you go back and watch the tape, you can see I start to smirk and then I like grab Ruben's shoulder or something like he knew, like you know, three seconds before it was announced, and I was I was watching to see if like one of them could see. They both had their eyes closed.
Speaker 3: Right, everyone closes their eyes like yeah, And what a moment, Like what a what a few seconds.
Speaker 1: I was shaking because I knew what was about to happen. And all I kept doing is looking at Vowel's face, and I was like, he knew, don't you think he knew in his heart? He's like it's not gonna be It's not gonna be us, and he was just smiling like you know, like it's it's okay. Alex did too, didn't she?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think they did.
Speaker 1: We all know.
Speaker 2: And before they announced that we get to hear once again how many people voted one of and they said one of the closest finales of all time, the Gap between them was just a few.
Speaker 1: They say mere votes. They say that every season.
Speaker 2: I know, I like to think that it was. I voted ten times for Alex Earl, so I wanted to make sure my voice was heard. And then we find out the winner is Robert Irwin and Whitney Carson. I heard someone on TikTok say this, the Irwin Empire has begun. He the second win. I mean, I don't know if this has been done before. There's two mirrorballs in a family and in a in a immediate family. That's like crazy.
Speaker 1: The Irwin Empire has begun. That is wild. I believe that is correct. I believe in ten years from now it's going to be like Kardashian who wow.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well I'm going to go back and listen to our first episode and see what we say about because I have a memory of both of the same. Oh yeah, Robert Owen's going to win this one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, same, ok.
Speaker 2: We gotta find that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any clip a clip reel of just us every episode he's going to win.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, yeah, so he's clearly with the winner here. But it's so fun to watch. This has been so much fun doing this. I'm gonna I'm going to miss this.
Speaker 1: What happens?
Speaker 2: Are we going to do this again next year? Are we going to do it again next year?
Speaker 1: We have to, Yes, next season.
Speaker 2: Yes again. It was a blast.
Speaker 1: Oh this is our last chance for this season to say it. Are you ready to miss step out of here?
Speaker 2: I'm ready. I love you, I love you too,