Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three oh five, Episode four of Daily's Like Ice Day. Production by iHeartRadio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. And it's Thursday, September twenty first, twenty twenty three.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what that is. You know what it means? Do you know what it means?
Speaker 1: Of course I know what it means, do you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it means it's National Pecan Cookie Day. It's also National Chai Day and National New York Day. Okay, we got it all, So shout out to.
Speaker 1: Everybody in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah you ready for that to celebrate the empire state.
Speaker 1: I'm ready. I'm in my triple reposition. I'm in an athletic stanton. I'm ready for New York Day to case go, great town, Great Town, New York. This is the state I heard there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you can make it any.
Speaker 1: Of the saying anyway, my name's Jack O'Brien, aka.
Speaker 3: What you got you got to put to little cream cheese, What you got you got to put to little onion?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: What you got you got to put a little caper, you put the little lots and now you got to choose the bagel. Realize now you want a little butter, maybe some fresh slice a cucumber. Miss me with sweet bagels at the Blunder, the worst bagel of all, you wonder cinnamon ray cinnamon, ray, cinnamon raisin, cinnamon, ray, cinnamon, ray, cinnamon raisin, cinnamon, ray, cinnamon, ray, cinnamon raisin.
Speaker 1: I can't tell if it's a bagel of bred donuts. That is courtesy of Oh Hi more on the discord. We'll give it away rhcp aka. That felt like it was never gonna end once I started doing it for me and presumably for you. I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister m Olds Miles.
Speaker 2: Boom boom, boom boom, Bone face, bone face boom.
Speaker 1: Tell me what you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna do when there ain't no more white pride. Tell me what you're gonna do when you're kicked out of blood tribe. I'm sorry, this is tribe that was yet hitting down to a body. Or would you say south Side for a party?
Speaker 1: Uh, hey, what'stric south thinking there's a party?
Speaker 2: That's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what?
Speaker 2: Bone face headed south to Florida thinking it was a party. Only to find out that he was kicked out of his little neo Nazi gang. So you know, face bone.
Speaker 1: Boom boom boone face smiles. We are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very talented actress, writer, comedian whose movie American Ish is set for release in October. Please welcome the hilarious I's a Fatima.
Speaker 4: Oh my goodness, hello, thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Oh, thanks being here. That's the that's the frog. Now that we got the pleasantries out of the way, how are you? Are you in New York, New York?
Speaker 4: And it's New York ding, It's New York Day and Chai is my thing? Like I make a that's like the best chie you'll ever drink. And you're like, I literally I did not know it was a Chie appreciation Day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on this day of celebration for you.
Speaker 2: And do you like pecan? Do you like pecan cookies? Do you like Pecan's? Pecan?
Speaker 4: An amazing pecan pie. I grew up in Mississippi, you guys, it's like in the like I make a pecan every every Thanksgiving, I host, usually I host, and when I do it, there's a pecan pie on my table.
Speaker 2: What's the secret? Just a lot of butter.
Speaker 4: It's like a tub of butter in it. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah syrup you know you have to make people make it with weird chip. I'm like, what is that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, put the chemical syrups on. That's where we get them good flavors. Right, yes, all right?
Speaker 1: Do you get back to miss Hippy much?
Speaker 4: You know what? My parents moved to Dallas, Texas after we all grew up, and so now it's like I don't really go there anymore. So that's like Dallas has become my home, even though I've never lived there. That's right, family is yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, got what part of Cippy did you grow up in?
Speaker 4: What part of Mississippi? It's a small college town, kind of progressive. Really, it's called Starkville. It's where Mississippi State University is.
Speaker 2: Okay okay, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, okay, Now and now I want to Now I want to try a Peacoan pie, and I want to try your chai, and I want to go to New.
Speaker 4: York next time.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, next time New York.
Speaker 4: Just hit me up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just randomly. I'm like, hey, you remember remember what you said? I don't care if it's a bad time for you Giving, It's.
Speaker 1: Just show up on Thanksgiving with.
Speaker 2: A napkin already tucked in my collars. I'm like, so, would have you ever had Derby pie? The pompie vary?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I made Kentucky Derby Pie. That's another thing. I've just been doing it my whole, like sense childhood. My best friend's mom's recipe.
Speaker 2: I think, Yeah, what's Therby pie?
Speaker 1: It's just pecan pie with chocolate chips, and my experience, yeah great, less.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like it better than the pecan pie. Sometimes I feel like, but I don't know, I prefer the pecan pie.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah I could. I mean, like, chocolate's fine, but I was fine with it even without the chocolate, So I see how Yeah, yeah, I'm good as long as has that of the opinion.
Speaker 1: Most things can be plussed up by adding chocolate, Like you just sprinkle some chocolate chips on a cheeseburger. I'm in.
Speaker 4: Also, the Derby pie requires much more butter.
Speaker 1: So Kentucky, Yeah, Kentucky. The other recipe that my mom picked up in Kentucky is what a hash brown cast role? And you will not be surprised to know that that is mostly butter. Yep, what is it?
Speaker 4: Just like good you guys?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I'm.
Speaker 1: Not rounds butter like just translucent. Everything in the room becomes translucent. The amount of sharing the air with past brown cast role.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oil cloud takes over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, well ISAA. We're going to get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, a couple of the things we're talking about. Uh, we're gonna look at how both parties are responding to the Auto Workers of America being on strike, a real opportunity for both of them that they seem to be squandering, just fumbling. But speaking of butter, they they are butter fingering this thing. We're going to talk about Elon Musk a job. We're going to talk about a job opportunity for anybody who's in the market. He's he's offering to implant his brain chip into human brains and the perks are great. We're gonna talk there's there's a John Wick TV show and the casting is questionable. And then we're gonna talk about McDonald's flesh burning Coffee. It's because this is back again, and actually it turns out has never left right, and it's just, uh, you know, anytime, any any story that like you remember from your childhood, where we're we're siding with the corporate, the big corporation against like a greedy person, it might be worth a second look. So we're gonna take a second look at that idea that like people are just scamming McDonald's for McDonald and what what's actually happening with McDonald's coffee, all of that plenty more. But first Isa, we like to ask our guest, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 4: H I you it's all over if you google my name. A Dirty Packy Lingerie, which is a comedy one woman show that I first performed in twenty eleven. And you know, Islamophobia is still a thing, so it's still hot and I continue to perform it all over the world and it's twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Three, so right, yeah, gillmar is still on the air, so we know it's well and truly alive for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you performed that, yeah, like the fringe too as well, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was yeah, so the Yeah, it was at the Edinburgh Fringe shortly after it started here in New York, the NMUR Fringe and then it's been to like weird ass places like I performed it at turk Monistan, which is a craziast dictator ship. I was like, where what is that? Like I had to look up on the back and it was crazy town. And I took it to Pakistan and then a bunch of times in Europe and the UK.
Speaker 2: Right, where was what place gave you the most unexpected like great audience, Oh that's so weird.
Speaker 4: But turk Monistan, Yeah, it's like the Yeah, I just there was some like National Treasure actor dude who was in the audience one night and he said he didn't He came up with a translator after the performance and he said he doesn't speak any English, but he was crying and he's like I understood everything you said. And it was just really wow performing And it popped in my mind when you asked me who. And I think that's the power of art and storytelling, right, And it's good.
Speaker 2: It's good, yeah, especially connect Yeah, when it overcomes language barriers like that. First.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as an artist, I've had a similar experience. I remember going to a festival where I was performing in Italy and I was watching someone else perform in Italian and it was spectacular and I got it, and I don't speak the language at all, so I think it's like, that's yeah, that's the.
Speaker 2: Power of art.
Speaker 1: That's cool. What is uh, what's something you think is overrated? You know?
Speaker 4: What I think is overrated is celebrity worship culture in America?
Speaker 1: It is terrible?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 2: But we gave up on God, so we need new God?
Speaker 4: Would live your own life, though, right, It's like really, yeah, I don't know. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: What aspect? I mean, what spurred this? And you what did you observe? And you're like, we're doing this again. Huh, we're bowing at the prostrate at the feet of the Gardashi.
Speaker 4: It's a tiny bit personal too. Well, we'll get into it later, but yeah, I mean, I don't I don't want to get into specifics because I don't want to name names. But it's for instance, it's like, I'm an artist, right, and I'm very much an independent artist, and I do sometimes work in mainstream things, but a lot of my art that I create is very much independently done. Sure, I have friends who are like, oh my god, I can't come see your show, Ey said that because this weekend I'm going to see Adele and a Pain a thousand dollars for my ticket, and I love adel I love Dell, but I'm like, bitch, does not need your thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: I need to put.
Speaker 4: Twenty dollars and bring five of your friends and come see my show. So it's like that kind of thing, and like, right now I'm dealing with this again. I have a future film coming out and we just got told by the people were working on the marketing end of They're like, oh, well, there's like two really big films coming out that weekend, guys. So it's like I'm right, it comes see yours And I'm like, great, Like we need like more of this, like you know, glitzy like whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, wait does the Americans come out October sixth? Is that what I read?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And we talked about we talked about the congestion of the calendar, the film calendar because Taylor Swift's movie comes out the thirteenth, and that caused like a ripple effect with every other studio be like, all right, that scary movie we had, we can't do it on Friday the thirteenth anymore, because that's Taylor Swift is re entering at that's.
Speaker 1: Second scariest date ten to six three.
Speaker 4: So yeah, so that's another thing that I'm dealing with my film right now. I lost theaters and screens because Taylor Swift is one of them. And then there's another really huge Bollywood film that's coming on. I'm like, God, damn it, that's also an audience South Asian, right, yeah, just god.
Speaker 1: Is it unique to America? Would you say the like celebrity worship? Is it more happen in America than other places that you've been.
Speaker 4: Do It's so weird in America too, Like why are we obsessed with the queen and like the you know, the royalty in the UK, it's so weird, Like people are having these parties to like watch marriages over I'm like, what is happening? Yeah, yeah, it's like weird in America, but you know, I think the whole everybody does it everywhere, right, the whole world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people just getting so caught up because they share the same birthday as one of the royals. I think that's really just weird behavior for sure.
Speaker 1: You know, Miles is the same birthday as the same birthday as miles.
Speaker 2: I thank you, thank you so much, thank you so much. But yeah, no, and I think, like, but it is everywhere too, Like I look, you know, I'm Japanese too, and I look in Japan, we have like it's called idol culture, Like we literally call these celebrities fucking idols, you know, And it's just this, you know. I think, why everywhere so.
Speaker 4: Much responsibility on these poor little people too. I don't know, maybe some of them also just want to make art. Guys, they just want to make just like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like they don't mind it though they like they don't. It's like a I think there's a trap where they like what they want it and pursue it with the single mindedness of Captain Ahab. But then like once they get it, they're like, oh, my life is over. I don't have like a life anymore, right, or like.
Speaker 2: I can't go to the store or every person I interact with I have to worry that they're trying to get something from me because of the status. But hey, it comes with a lot of money to rest your sad little head on.
Speaker 1: Usually when you ask them, they're like, yeah, but I would not trade it for anything. I go back to being like you no, no, no, no, no no no, what is what something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: All right, here's what I think is really underrated that I have discovered recently. Do you guys know what zo there is?
Speaker 1: I don't think I do. Okay, It's like a.
Speaker 4: Very specific spice that existed the least usually so I was familiar with zo there. But then recently a friend of mine went to Palestine to this village that her family is from, and there's a lady in the village who's like, I don't know, old lady who makes it with her own hands. And she she's like, what do you want Isa from Palestine? And I'm like, I don't know, whatever, bring me something. So she brought me a giant bag of Zosther and I have been sprinkling this ship on top of everything. It goes on top of like avocado toast, on top of fried eggs, regular eggs. I just put it this morning afternoon for my lunch on like uh, tomato, mazzarella, cheese and pesto, and then Zostre is so good.
Speaker 2: I feel like a h T E R apostrophe a R.
Speaker 4: I think zost there. It is pronounced so good it is. It just goes with everything.
Speaker 1: According to me.
Speaker 2: There was a I remember for a while, I remember like Trader Joe's tried to like hop in the mix there, and I was like, are we is this? Is this the correct form of it that we're indulging in here?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I mean I feel like Twitter Joe's also did like chocolate hummus or something at one points just disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jack, didn't you try it? And you said yeah and it was good. Yeah. I'm also the person who puts chocolate chips in my hamburgers. So you know, Ali Aliat chocolate every further record he puts peanut, but yeah.
Speaker 4: Hamburger, I can't.
Speaker 1: There's like a cookie dough hummus. It's not like it's just the main the base ingredient is chickies and.
Speaker 2: So don't do it.
Speaker 4: Don't do it, don't do.
Speaker 1: There's so much sugar, Like, there's so much sugar, and that is mainly what I'm in it for, is like all the sugar and chocolate chip.
Speaker 2: The hummus is merely a delivery vehicle for the sugar. Yeah, yeah, there's just something I cannot just separate the two. I'm like, that should not have chocolate near it, and it's savory not agreed. Yeah, like a berry fest.
Speaker 1: You put a little bit of that on some pretzels and you got a little chocolatey salty mixture. All right, so zos uh, people need to check it out. Z A A T A R. Yeah yeah, check it out.
Speaker 4: Put it on from like the Palestinian woman in her little village. Figure it out, people, because that's like the best door I've ever had. Honestly, it's so good.
Speaker 2: So right right right yeah, Jack, really you're like, are you looking at like where to buy it right now?
Speaker 1: That's trying to from a connect Yeah. Yeah, we could get that pretty good.
Speaker 2: I mean there's there's good there's decent markets out here that uh that keep it so well.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll talk about in a city. I'm sure you'll be able to find it. Oh yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll come right back and talk about some news. We'll be right back and we're back, and yeah, we were kind of waiting to see what the parties would do about this, you know, increasingly powerful moment for labor where yet another union major union is striking in the United States, and both parties appear to just be ignoring it or giving like very loose like lip service type, hey, we love an American worker over here, but not really you know, proposing anything concrete that would actually support unions.
Speaker 2: No, And right now it's like a race of will Trump or Joe Biden make it to the picket line first. They're like, who is gonna do Who's gonna get that photo op? Because that's really what it is. I'm not sure if the policies are gonna to back up what their actions are, but they're like, who's gonna do it? And right now the Republicans they're definitely seeing this as a way to try and like talk about how like make this thing about like they're gonna make ship all the EV vehicle manufacturing to China, which is not true, and then also talking of then also to be able to be like and Joe Byron is just getting like his pro union stuff is getting out of control, and you know, we just what we've seen this sort of strategy play out, because I mean, right now we have to remember that you know, politicians, they're they're creatures of capital who have no consciousness. So they're merely a sentient pile of political takes that are some are paid for by the Koch brothers. Case in point, Nicki Haley and Tim Scott, who are both running for the nomination in the presidential primary. Nicki Haley recently told Neil Cavudo that these these auto workers are just they're just being greedy as heck with this really bad, bad line. But hey, here we go Nicki Haley talking to Neil Kovudo about this dang auto strike.
Speaker 5: Well, I think that's it tells you that when you have the most pro union president and he talents that he is emboldening the unions, this is what you get. And I'll tell you who pays for it is the taxpayers. You know, here, from what I understand, the union is asking for a forty percent race. You know, the companies have come back with a twenty percent race. I think any of the taxpayers would love to have a twenty percent raise and think that's great.
Speaker 2: They keep doing this thing where they talk about it. It's like, well what about the taxpayers, right, It's like, yeah, but this is very specific to this union, and also how are they paying for Again, their argument is gonna be like the prices are just gonna go up, and that who pays for it?
Speaker 4: That's always a Republican argument, right, They're always trying. Yeah, they're always trying to like pay people against each other and just be like, yeah, this is like you're going to pay for us, so don't vote for this.
Speaker 2: Right, and also like like leaving out really important facts like they offered a twenty percent raise that would be like over four years. And also they're not willing to like budge on like how inflation's already eaten into the wage gains they've had from past negotiations. So it's like, yeah, this is not They're not being like something like I want double my money and I don't deserve it. It's like these people are asking for the bare minim, like a fraction of what they're actually owed for their labor.
Speaker 1: But anyway, just that her the talking point that Biden is the most pro union president, like that that feels like something that she would only think is like a diss because she only hangs out with like auto executives like h you know, like she only hangs out with people who are in the c suite of fortune five hundred companies and like therefore thinks, uh, I mean this guy he likes unions, he's pro worker, and you need this loser. And it's like you're about to try and run against him, and you think this is good for you in a democratic election.
Speaker 2: It has huge like that wouldn't be me, that's disgusting being co union. But if you listen to her own words from earlier this summer, that's exactly the reality that she operates in, which is like unions are fucking disgusting. This is her talking to some group of wealthy donors.
Speaker 5: But you know, the other thing that we did that was really important was I didn't want any company to come to South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Which was governor.
Speaker 5: I would not never wanted a US company. I didn't want them to taint our water at.
Speaker 2: All, taint our water at all. Wow, fired up, baby, fired up, fired all the way up.
Speaker 1: You see, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: Also interesting, Just to point out again, I think it goes without saying automakers have been making money handover fists the last few years, like just obscene profits. And also guess who's guess whose pay actually did go up forty percent the fucking CEOs of course. But again here she is caping for them and being like, then this is what you get, man, people just advocating for them. So it's really disgusting. So yeah, what a grim fucking take from Haley. And then we shouldn't be surprised though, because Tim Scott is also from South Carolina, and uh, let me just play this little bit of a sound bite for the other primary candidate from South Carolina because this take. I don't know if it's worse, but here, I'll just I'll let I'll let y'all decide.
Speaker 4: I think Ronald.
Speaker 3: Reagan gave us a great example when federal voice strike that you strike your fire.
Speaker 1: Simple concept to me. Use that once again. Absolutely, The second thing I would do though, is very important.
Speaker 2: This is it. The second thing isn't important. The first part was or he going, Yeah, Reagan showed us something really cool. You strike and you're fired. Mm hmm. So simple concept to me. And you know, just just a side note, it is illegal to fire private sector workers for merely you know, exercising their rights to strike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but unless Reagan's the president, in which case you can do it. Well, they were federal workers.
Speaker 2: So and then he also, I remember it was like yeah, man, I'll help you guys out, like on the campaign trail, and then utterly turned his back on them. So you know, it's this is kind of the state of things. And meanwhile you have Democrats like not sure what to do here when clearly you think of like Macomb County, Michigan and how vital that's been in the past few elections, and you know, maybe it's good to side with the auto workers or workers in general, but like as you were saying Jack earlier this week, it like forces them to like if they're going to fully embrace worker rights, that means they have to do it at the expense of the corporate donors. And that's just like that's just a bridge too far, just that it's like the needle they can't thread because like I mean, we can't bite the hand that feeds. We can make noises at the workers that have them say like yeah, yeah, yeah, this feels good, but like you know, we're still yet to figure out who's going to make it to Michigan first. Right now, It's like Trump is going to be going to Michigan in the next week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's going to do a rally in Detroit the night of the next debate Republican, Like that's going to be his counterprogramming to the Republican whatever debate. Yeah, but yeah, I mean, yeah, none, I feel like none of this really matters because Trump is going to be the nominee.
Speaker 2: Like it does.
Speaker 1: I still don't see a future where he's not the nominee. Nobody has like described a coherent path for him not to be, Like even if he's in prison, it feels like he's going to be the nominee. Yeah, So it's really just like, what what is he going to do about this? And is he going to take that opportunity to actually like, you know, say the right things. Obviously we saw his presidency the first time around. He certainly didn't do any of the right things and just completely abandoned labor and the working people that you know, elected him to be president. So yeah, we know he's not going to do the right thing, But it does feel like a huge opportunity for either side from an electoral standpoint to you know, take a whack at like this. These people need help and nobody is helping them, and like, you guys actually have the power to do something about it because you're like, you know, at the heads of your parties. Yeah, right, this is the agenda, like anyone's willing to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I think it's also really not totally clear that this is actually going to impact Republicans in a negative way, Like like you're saying Trump was like, yeah, man, I'll raise the minimum wage. He didn't, And there are a lot of empty promises. And his percentage, like his support from working class voters as defined by pollsters, which are people who don't have a college degree, he only lost one percentage when he went from fifty one percent in twenty sixteen to fifty in twenty twenty. And then meanwhile, his share of non white working class voters rose from twenty percent in twenty sixteen to twenty six percent in twenty twenty. So it's there's like and there's like sociologists have been like, you know, like trying to figure out, like, how is it that in these places that has such strong union cultures that you still have these voters who break away. I'm like, yeah, I'm voting for the anti labor person. And one of the main things they talk about is that because the union presence has been just diminished, so like in such an aggressive way that like union halls and the way that union members used to interact is like gone, like where they aren't like their sort of worldview isn't reinforced by being around other union members or being near like a union hall and things like that, and now it's just sort of like, yeah, I'm in a union, but I'm also like, I socialize with these other people, and now that's kind of more my identity more so than being a union member. So you know, we shall see how it all shakes out, but it's I think they're also.
Speaker 1: Probably reacting to the fact that the Democrats aren't exactly a pro union, pro labor party at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in general, like the amount of support for unions has just gone down across the board, so there's really no one coming to the rescue aside from you know, maybe these like union leaders and things like that. So it's becoming, you know, just a situation where there's a lot of like they're shedding a lot of voters and like the wrong directions, but still aren't just doing this easy thing, which is like, I don't know, maybe speak directly to like their quality of life rather than trying to get people to be like did you see we're having a soft landing from the recession that almost happened. And people are like, I'm sorry, I can't. I have to work three jobs.
Speaker 1: I don't have time to watch the news to hear about how good the economy is going under Biden because I have to work three jobs unfortunately.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, my reality is very different than what's on CNBC.
Speaker 4: So listen, these voters aren't like there's so much of this, like the Mexicans are rapists, you know, they're like more like build the wall. They don't know their own rights, they don't have, you know, Also the life circumstances that they're in. Sometimes you guys mentioned this like you know, three jobs or whatever, there's not enough time to kind of have introspection and think about the things they need and the union work and how really voting for somebody like Trump is affecting them in the long run.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think that's the Republican parties, you know, strong suit, that's what they do. Yeah, every information and hate and then just like you know, to get what they want.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It's interesting how everything kind of moved toward the left once during the shutdown, when people were no longer forced being forced to work like all waking hours. People were like, wait a second, force and then they went back to work and we're like, never mind.
Speaker 2: Never mind, build the wall, build the wall. Building I had This.
Speaker 4: Is such a weird experience during right before the election. I remember I was in a cab here in New York City with a this guy, white guy, and he's like, I'm a third generation taxi private in New York City. And I'm like, oh, that's amazing, okay, great, And then I'm like, oh, well, we're talking about the elections and he's like yeah yeah. He goes, literally he goes, who's that guy wants to build the wall? I would vote for him?
Speaker 1: Like wow, I was like, damn, that's what.
Speaker 2: That's so wild.
Speaker 1: When you're like, you don't even know Trump's.
Speaker 4: Name, I'm like, what is happening right?
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't have don't have time for politics. I just like the idea of a big old wall because because walls are cool. Yeah, wait, what's it meant to keep out? I just thought we were trying to do something to do like a new Wonder of the world.
Speaker 1: Building the wall man, That is funny. I do wonder if that's what Trump had in mind, because remember he like had that riff on Tucker Carlson about the Wonders of the World and like, well he was like, I don't know, like maybe they should maybe they should build another Wonder of the world one why.
Speaker 4: Baby his name all over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course it would be just like that if we just let him build just a big the Great Wall of America, as Brian put it, Uh like I feel like maybe he'd just shut the fuck up and go go off somewhere.
Speaker 2: Probably need to go to the fucking Great Mall of America. Yeah, kick it with that.
Speaker 1: The Great Mall of America already exists, myles.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I'm saying, just just basking there, folks.
Speaker 1: You can see it from space. If we just let him right Trump across the Mojave Desert, like would would.
Speaker 2: Can't we just do like a gigantic light array, like a night.
Speaker 1: Array that you could see from space. You could just see his name from outer space. Maybe we'd be good.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: All you do is it's like it's like Speed where they were showing Dennis Hopper that like video footage on the Loop to have you think everything was under control. You just do it once you capture it and you're like, oh, yeah, you want me to pull up the space feed Donald here it is hopin there.
Speaker 4: You go my man to pitch him this idea, you guys. Will he trade that in for running for another election? Will he do it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yes, it's all because he's like, I can't go to jail. So that's if that's not on the table. I'm sorry, it's then I can't. I can't agree.
Speaker 1: And the version in his head would have to be they were begging me for they they they were begging me to let them put my name on the Majave Desert.
Speaker 2: I guess if you just did that kind of like third grade psychology and you like begged Donald Trump to do like those certain things, like like you gotta do this please, you know, just he's like, eh, the powers on my side.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of you know, job recovery, Elon Musk is now hiring looking for some human volunteers for his brain chip, looking for people with either quadriplegia caused by spinal injury or als to get the implant, with the goal being to grant people the ability to control a computer, cursor or keyboard using their thoughts alone, which would be very cool. But yeah, the musk of it all.
Speaker 2: No city would be cool, but the musk of it all.
Speaker 1: The musk of it all. Yeah, I mean, so there's a couple mitigating factors. First of all, it remains to be seen how many people will rush out to volunteer for this study, considering that the company reportedly killed roughly one thy five hundred animals during testing to this point, with some pigs being euthanized allegedly because the device was implanted in the wrong position, which that feels somewhat haphazard.
Speaker 2: I think all they have is that one video of the monkey that was playing pong with its mind still is like that one shining example of like, look what it does, dude. This monkey played pong without a controller, just using its mind, and then we had to euthanize it fifteen minutes later because it was in the wrong place.
Speaker 1: Because it beat Elon at pong and she doesn't allow that sort of thing. Uh. But yeah, you know, at least participants in the incredibly risky study will be paid nothing nice. Yeah what do you mean by that?
Speaker 2: For sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you will be compensated for study related costs, such as travel expenses to and from the study site. Like how specific it is, Like it's.
Speaker 2: Basically like, we'll pay shipping for your corpse so we can do this fucking experiment on you. How's that? How's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Which is wild because he is the world's richest person, but he just, you know, I feel like he is. This is all part of his goal for himself to you know, to try and turn himself into RoboCop so he can fly to Mars and uh, you know, repopulate half half a planet with his seed.
Speaker 2: We brought it back to Detroit with RoboCop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, there you go. Always always get you right. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back and uh, there's a new John Wick spin off TV show on Pacock. It's called The Continental from the World of John Wick. For people who love John Wick really want to know about the inner workings of that hotel. I actually don't know how much are they Are they going to like get real into the minutia of back of house and right right of what it takes to.
Speaker 2: Run a hotel that's kind to contract killers? Yeah, is that the deal is that I've only seen the first I've seen like one and a half John Wicks. That's really that's like the hang, remember, because when y'all went all together, had a dang baby at home that I couldn't just bring. I couldn't bring a new born to on Wick, So you know, that kind of fucked my night up.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you totally could have and the baby would have followed everything perfectly. But yeah, I don't know. I find the reviews for these movies to be somewhat out of proportion to the quality of the movies. Like I think that whatever is resonating about John Wick, like we're going through something and like these will be movies that we look back on and we're like, huh, we really we really fucking loved those things. Huh. There's a TV show. Yeah, But anyways, the reviews for the show are I guess it's a prequel about the character played by Iamic Chane in the movies. The reviews are mostly okay, but it does seem something One detail keeps coming up, and that's the fact that it features mel Gibson. Oh sick, a little bit of stunt casting. Mel Gibson.
Speaker 2: I Yeah, I feel like there are a few of them are just looking at it doing a curse research of like entertainment sites. Some mentioned like Mel Gibson explicitly as part of the review in the headline, and then others were kind of like whatever, but definitely there are a lot of reviewers are like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: Yeah, some people are kind of bothered because, I mean, this is a franchise built largely on Giano Reeves being like very nice, unproblematic and also really fun to watch killing people, and now that universe like hinges on Mel Gibson, which just feels like a weird fit. He apparently plays like some crime boss who at one point viciously murders a gay man, which is cool, So why was he cast that? What this is?
Speaker 2: This is the part that really bugs me out is when they asked the producers, Yeah, fucking why Yeah, Albert.
Speaker 1: Hughes from the Hughes Brothers, uh, from Who May Menace to Society? Like that movie that completely changed my life when I was like twelve. I was like, oh my god, this is the coolest fucking thing ever. He defended the casting of Gibson by claiming the personal stuff is not my business to talk about this the fo. I love it.
Speaker 4: When Hollywood has this amnesia and it comes to certain people, they're like, oh, we don't. Yeah, he's an abuser and like whatever, molested children, but that's his personal thing. It's I mean, I'm not talking about mother, so I'm just talking in general. In Hollywood. Also, like when it's a guy, they're so forgiving, too forgiving. It's like, oh, that's lunch. She was right by an executive.
Speaker 1: She's a whore, right, like j Jackson's Janet Jackson's nipple was out. She's at it all.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, right, she's that's it done. Yeah, it's so crazy to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this this quote is really something where he says, I cast mel based on his past work that I grew up on, and I think he fit the role perfectly. I think once fans see it, they'll understand why the personal stuff is not my business to talk about. I'm like, first personal, this guy was using the N word in jack. I think, as you said, in ways that like you had never even imagined or heard before.
Speaker 1: Like some of the most disturbing shit I've ever heard, Like the words he was using, the context he was using them. Also, just the sounds like the gueneral sounds he was making. There's like the clips where he's like, yeah, it's just like fucking terrifying, Like you ever look at like from a an industry that is very quick to be like I don't know, like once you know this thing about them or once I've seen them play this in this movie, like they're still like very hesitant to cast a gay actor as like a straight man in a movie, and right like there are closeted leading actors like to prove it like to this day, the like Hollywood executives are, they can't get around like certain aspects of people's reality, like real life personality, but then they have really short term memories for some things like you know yeah.
Speaker 2: And also like I'm like the stuff with Mel Gibson was all very public, but yes, that's fine. It's not like you're prying to be like do you have a take on him being like a vile racist, anti Semite? Is there anything about that? Like because he's come out and like these are his words, and I'm like, man, Albert like just fucking say you're a Mel Gibson fanboy and you're just not bothered by the heinous shit that this guy says, because you're fulfilling some like sadass like wish you've had since you were a kid. That's what that sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's also been famous and a successful director since he was a kid. Like they directly managed to society when they were like fucking like teenage. They're so young when they made that. So you know, it's not not to excuse anything, but just as context that this statement reminded me of, I was like, oh, yeah, you are. You've been famous since before cell phones were a thing, right, And but yeah, it's just I don't know, every time mel Gibson gets put in a movie or in anything, I'm just like, it's it's just really revealing about like what the powers that be in Hollywood, like what they secretly, in the privacy of their own hearts, think is okay versus what bothers them, you know, because they are bothered by they're like, hey, you just you know, am I gonna believe this guy is an action hero when I've seen him like on the Red Car with his husband, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Right right right then?
Speaker 1: With mel Gibson there, you know, for some reason that doesn't bother them, and that's not something they would ever come out and say, but they say it with their actions and with their casting decisions, right.
Speaker 2: Right, right. Yeah. I thought it was like for a while, it was just one of those things. I was like, oh, yeah, maybe he is gone for a while, and then it was like one thing after the next and next thing. You know, it's like people are just having to write about mel Gibson again. And some people are like, you know, point to the fact that he's just been scandalized since the beginning, or at least in the last fifteen years, and then others are just acting like, yeah, and mel Gibson's back in the soon, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Huh Okay, Like remember this guy from Lethal Weapon?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm like, no, I remember him from the terrible calls to his daughter. Yeah, that I can't shake from my memory.
Speaker 4: Oh was that that was?
Speaker 2: Was that his ex wife?
Speaker 1: Then? Yeah? The calls to his the mel Gibson calls were calls to his I think fiance who was young enough to be his daughter, but not to his daughter. Uh. The calling someone a rude little pig when they were like five years old was Alec Baldwin.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, see I forget and also someone else's was just like.
Speaker 1: And he turned out. But isa as somebody who has you know, like you said, you've been in lawn or you've been in like some mainstream stuff like what.
Speaker 4: I've been in the ship for long enough. Long enough you'll end up doing ship.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, and be extremely talented like yourself. But what uh like when when you see a story like this, like what what what does it make you think about? No?
Speaker 4: I think it's like the look, we all know it, right, It's the old boys club. This is what Hollywood is, and they just like kind of you know, these old executives. They want to see themselves on screen. So this guy whatever, he's a fan of you know Mel Gibson's it's great. So he's like, yeah, well I want to put him up on the screen, and that looks. It's like you know, for me and a lot of my friends, it's like people of color women, it's just like so complicated because again you just said it, it's like we're talking about people being gay, you know, and then they can't be a superhero. But for us, it's like, oh, you're a brown woman, then okay, you'll just you'll play battered and abused and that's all you can be, you know. And I mean there's a bit of a shift. It's nice. It's nice to just play a doctor on Law and Order and that's something to do with my ethnicity for change. But it's taken me, like I've been doing this for twelve thirteen years. I've been in this industry. You know, it's taken that long for us to get to this point. It's twenty twenty three. It's nice, but you know, a lot more needs to happen. Yeah, we keep telling these same stories, like why do we need to do a prequel to John Wick? It's fine, John Wick is cool. I'm like, okay, we also tell other kinds of stories.
Speaker 6: Ah.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing is that the movies made a lot of money, and then that doesn't require me to think too critically about the things we make, because then I can use the watching my industry.
Speaker 4: That's all of Hollywood, right, It's like, what's made me money, let's just do it again.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Forever there was like this myth that was being perpetuated, like people, films with people of color don't do well. Black films don't do well. Films with female leads don't do well, and then none of it is true. Right, it's all been proven.
Speaker 1: Because Denzel Washington's my favorite actor. Okay, I am not saying not to do The Equalizer because I don't like Denzel Washington. What I'm saying is nobody will go to see this movie because other people are racist, and therefore we should do a fifteenth movie starring someone named Chris. You know that that's the only type of action movie that people will say and then they find out to be wrong, like always, they're fucking so dumb.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, and but it like even like with McKinzie, like the capitalist specialist and analysts who come in, they're like, y'all, you'll make more fucking money if you just include more people in the fucking everything we're telling you this as the people who are like, this is how you fucking turn the cash machine on, well, they won't believe.
Speaker 1: Like they won't believe you until like a bunch of people who went to Harvard and have consultant on a business card come in and tell you the thing that anybody who's witnessed the rise of fest and the Furious for the past thirty years could have fucking told you, you know, right, But yeah, yeah, yeah, but what does Pete Buddha, Judge's college roommate have to say about it? That's what I need to know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who knows? Who knows?
Speaker 1: All right, let's talk some flesh burning coffee, because it's happened again. McDonald's is getting sued after an eighty five year old suffered first and second degree burns from coffee ordered in a San Francisco drive through. The woman had to go to the emergency room after McDonald's staff refused to help her was left with a slew of medical expenses. Scarrrang and this story should be familiar to everyone who was around on the nineties because there was famously a lawsuit over a hot McDonald's coffee. It became a national punchline, and all the jokes were in the direction of you believe these people their surprised coffee's hot, and they spent coffee on themselves and they get a million dollars with this stuff for kidding me.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of bad stand up around, like caping from this seventy nine year old.
Speaker 1: Oh you never had coffee before? Yeah, yeah, that was one of the things that I don't think I realized. So the person in that lawsuit, and by the way, it was bad stand up, and it was like a monoculture where like one of the most watched things every night was Jay Leno doing bad stand up, you know, right right, just like saying these fucking terrible jokes. But so, the person in that lawsuit was a seventy nine year old woman who just wanted McDonald's to help pay her medical bills after she was hospitalized for eight days and required skin graft surgery as a result of the super hot coffee scam. Scam.
Speaker 4: I want to know where this was. Where did she get burned on her legs? Just in her lap?
Speaker 1: Okay, I got yeah, her stomach and leg interesting, So she so this is the crazy thing. She offered to settle with McDonald's for twenty thousand dollars. She was like, please, just like my bill, I want is for you to cover what it costs to get skin graft surgery in this country, something I required because you serve your coffee too fucking hot. And they decided McDonald's was like, we're gonna fight this. This is an unfair injustice to big corporations everywhere, and America at that time, because we were going through something, was like, yeah, leave McDonald's alone. Essentially, we've always.
Speaker 4: Been going through something, so let's.
Speaker 1: We're always going through something. It's just it takes time of like you know, takes a little while to look back and be like, oh right, we just loved corporations.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before we had some the beginning of any semblance of class consciousness too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had it for a while and then the eighties and nineties happened and it just fucking completely evaporated. But anyways, the jury awarded her more than two point seven million dollars. The judgment was ultimately reduced to six hundred and forty thousand dollars, far less than you know, the Toby song, which I don't know if you guys remember this, probably I didn't remember it because I don't heith, but he had a song with the lyrics Plasma getting bigger, Jesus getting smaller, spill a cup of coffee, make a million dollars. So bars, yeah, but yeah, just about how America is going to hell in a hand basket. The So McDonald's was happy to take the case to trial because the publicity actually helped them thanks to their smear campaign intended to deflate the public backlash, and in the public eye, the victim was viewed as a scammer trying to make money off of a spill that was totally her fault, because, after all, coffee is supposed to be hot, right, the coffee is excessively hot, that's what the jury found. So it's around one hundred and eighty to one hundred and ninety degrees. That is how hot McDonald's serves their coffee. The optimal drinking temperature for hot beverages is around one hundred and forty two one hundred and fifty degrees. But McDonald's was in the middle of a promotion saying that their coffee would still be hot by the time you got to your desk at work. So they're like, pick up the coffee on your way to work. It's still going to be hot when you get there. That was an actual ad campaign. They were serving it way too hot. They got sued a number of times. This is the one that got publicized. Was one of seven hundred lawsuits related to the tempe ofture of McDonald's coffee. McDonald's and it never went away. They were just this is a thing that corporations do, Like this is the thing that that they found car companies will do where they're like, yeah, we know this car is going to kill probably like two hundred to three hundred people because of this like manufacturing defect. But it's actually like what we're going to lose in the lawsuits is actually less than what we're going to lose if we do a total like product recall to fix the de effect. So like corporate, yeah, that's.
Speaker 4: Every corporation, right, Well, look at the food we eat, and look at all the shit that's in it that's killing people, Like there's carcinogens literally in things like parts like coke or whatever else this name one, and corporations don't care. They know it's going to be killing people. They're just like, yeah, we're just gonna sell it.
Speaker 2: They're just good.
Speaker 1: That's like they're good saving money. We like, I think we swallowed that a long time ago and need to like spin it back up and like re evaluate it. Like that assumption that they are just going to kill us in order to make more money, like that is that's like absolutely good, right peak bad guy shit Like that's not that's unacceptable as a way, like, especially as we've gotten more and more towards like down the road of letting these be the ultimate decision makers, Like that's these are the people that the president is so afraid of that he won't even like side with unions even though it would be like unquestionably an electoral politics win, because he just can't because these are the people who actually make decisions. But yeah, so for instance, with the McDonald's thing, not only did we like totally side with them when they burnt a like grandmother and like refuse to pay for her medical bills, they have continued to have like predictable burnings happen from their coffee because they have not changed. They are still serving their coffee at one hundred and eighty to one hundred and ninety degrees fahrenheit instead of lowering the temperature and the other thing, even though they no longer have the like still hot when you get to work at campaign, it makes it like their coffee, I guess stays a little fresher when it's that hot, and so they don't have to make pots of coffee throughout the day. So keeping their coffee like scalding hot, like dangerously hot when it served you actually saves them a million dollars a day. So that is why they do it, because it keeps them having to rebrew the coffee like every couple hours, so they can just like keep the super hot coffee all day basically, and you get less fresh coffee that can badly burn you and send you to the hospital, but it doesn't. And the trade off is that McDonald's gets to save a million dollars a day, and we are tacitly approving of that. Basically, this is.
Speaker 4: Insane, you know what. I also feel like i've been lied to about McDonald's right now, because so I don't drink coffee, but I do drink tea, and there's a McDonald's by me, and sometimes I swing in and I just like, grab a tea and go, and they refuse to put the tea bag and the no, they'll put the milk in and the water in, but they refuse to put the tea bag in. And I asked someone. I was like, well, why didn't you just put it in and mix it all up? And they're like, oh, no, no, we don't do that because it's a safety issue because you know, we don't want touch, we want you to open the lid and do it. So basically it's not us to open Yeah, it's this whole explanation I got, And now I'm like, I feel like they're just lying. What's up, McDonald's. You won't change the temperature of your coffee, but you won't put the tea bag in the tea Like what's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, huh Yeah. It seems like they're like, no, that shit burns people. We don't. We don't fuck with that. That's on you all.
Speaker 2: Your Yeah you drink that. Nah, I miss me with that. Nah. Yeah it is wild. But again, like you're saying that, they know, it's like, well, we can absorb hundreds of people burning the shit out of themselves with the coffee because at the end of the day, the payout is going to be less than the money we save every fucking day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like we could.
Speaker 2: We could do about fifteen of these a day and we're still good as long as we keep that shit. Because the boiling point of fucking waters like two hundred and twelve degrees and you're serving it at one ninety, Like come the fuck on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Like the I guess proper brewing temperatures between one ninety five and two hundred and five. But then you like usually the coffee then sits for a little bit and goes down to a temperature that is safe to drink and handle, and like trying to drink coffee at that temperature, you can't taste anything, Like.
Speaker 2: No I could drink I could drink pea that was one hundred and ninety degrees and I wouldn't know. You'll try, and I tell you how steros to improve it.
Speaker 1: It's sterile, Jack, and I'm tired.
Speaker 2: It's tired of saying it's a sterile COVID cure. But here we are, here.
Speaker 1: We are of well Ia. Such a pleasure having you on the show. Where can people find you? Follow you, watch your movie, all that good stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm on all the socials. The film is on all the socials as well, So the film is just just American Ish film. It's also on our website americanishfilm dot com. You can go there and see our all of our upcoming theatrical release stuff that's happening. And you can just find me at Isaa Fatima. And we actually in New York have a stand up show coming up called Muslim Girls DTF who stands for discuss their faith? Wink wink.
Speaker 1: It's part of what else?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You did, that's right? What you think? Is there something.
Speaker 2: Something?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So that's going to be a part of New York Comedy Festival this year on November fourth, s City Wine Ery in New York and then maybe we'll take it on the road and come to another other cities as well.
Speaker 1: Dope.
Speaker 2: And the movie is going to be on demand too, yeah, at some point as well.
Speaker 4: It actually is. And I can't share that information at home, but I will, Okay, No, I like that that it Yeah, Okay, let's let the ink dry real quick.
Speaker 2: And I know that theatrically it's New York, Arizona, and California. Did I read that correctly?
Speaker 4: For American issues? It's coming theatrically in those three states for now.
Speaker 1: And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: So there's a writer who I know. His name is Saber Peersa that he just recently posted this on Instagram and I ordered the book. But he was a writer on Moonnight? Are We one of the better? I feel like it's one of my favorite shows in the genre. He posted a link to a book that a bunch of Hollywood writers on strike have created, like a picture book. It's called Elves and the Shoe Upmakers. And if you buy these books, all of the proceeds, one hundred percent of them go to artists currently on strike.
Speaker 2: Oh dope, Okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And they have an Instagram and you can find them there.
Speaker 2: No oskay, Now when to get that Elves and the Shoemaker.
Speaker 1: Okay, Miles, where can people find you? Is there a workimedia you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: You can find me pretty much everywhere at Miles of Gray if you're able to input something like that into the social media platform. And also find Jack and I on our basketball podcast, Miles and Jack Got mad Man. You can also find me on the true crime show The Good Thief. Or we're on the search for the Greek Robin Hood who was actually kidnapping millionaires and redistributing the wealth to the people that kind of needed it, but also including himself too, We're not gonna lie, and also he needed it too, but also the farmer that he stole the tractor from to do a bank robbery. He got some cash to you know what I mean, And a note that says sorry, I had to use your tractor. I filled it up with gas. I'll do some cash, no hard feelings, and also find me on four to twenty talking about ninety day fiance with Sophia Alexandra. Let's see a tweet or.
Speaker 1: Why oh he needed a tractor to do a bank robbery like I Jack. Everybody's wondering this. Those those are so slow. There's the slow vehicles on the highway, slowest vegas. Sometimes you need just.
Speaker 2: To be an obstruction in a road, you know, so you can make your speedy getaway. It's not like you like this is my getaway tractor.
Speaker 1: Right. Oh okay, gotta got it all right.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you need the horsepower to move some things, you know. Let's just tune into the show. Tune into the show and too. I like it is from Eliza Skinner at Eliza Skinner tweeted The thing about the Hollywood strikes that I don't see anyone covering is the blatant disregard and total lack of respect that the AMPTP has for the audience, their customers. They're committed to making them pay more and more for a lower quality product. This thread goes on they don't care what the audience wants, and they don't care about making better content for them. They only care about making cheaper content, for instance, room size. These companies have learned that you can make a sitcom with fewer writers, so that's what they want to do. And it goes on for more, like a little bit more. But it's it's truly a thing that I think a lot of people are missing, even consumers themselves, is that this whole thing is them also trying to dumb down, like what we're just calling it content. It's not art, it's not television, it's not cinema. It's fucking content to serve ads in front of or just to siphon up subscriptions. Yeah. So anyway, I think that is something that we can talk about more.
Speaker 1: You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore, O'Brien and and on threads if Elon Musk decides to make me pay for Twitter at Jack Underscore, Oh underscore, Brian Uh. Some tweets that I've been enjoying. Harris and wy Rob's tweeted two truths and a lie, Oh you mean a regular conversation? Cold Healing tweeted it's cute how they call a arugula rocket in Europe because they never figured out how to go to space and that word was open and then drill tweeted. Gaming scholars are now agreeing that Luigi's mansion became haunted from a quote jonestown situation. You find us on Twitter at daily Zeikeist. We're at the Daily Zeikeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website, dailyzeikeist dot com where you post our episode done, our footnote throw link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Hey, Miles, Yeah, I mean I do. Just want to remind everybody yesterday's was absolutely absolute master class bang banger.
Speaker 2: It was a banger.
Speaker 1: Been listening to it NonStop. So I just want to give a nod to that one, the one about uh, you know, jerking man NonStop, endless drinking man and just a.
Speaker 2: Lot of London slaying that you're gonna have to Probably some people might laugh at you as you said it.
Speaker 1: So good is like a techno mixed with rap song that it is. But do you have a new one?
Speaker 2: I mean I've got a new one. It's it's look, you can't you can't just have non stop neck breakers on here. We're going to be held liable for any kind of neck injury.
Speaker 1: Okay for just just just pulling off the doors to get sued for a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but guess what, we'll fight it. We'll fight that, Okay. So what I want to do is something I've been listening to a lot of slowed down you see on YouTube, because that's just like on TikTok you just see a lot of like just tracks that you're so familiar with, Like, how about if we do the half pace with the most haunting reverb. But this is a version of Big Thiefs track simulation Swarm, but it's the slow down reverb version and that guitar solo, it's like it kind of hits like Joeline at half speed. Because I really like this track in general. I love I love the lead singer and her songwriter and yeah, anyway, it's all good. It's all good.
Speaker 1: So this is simulations.
Speaker 2: You know, her majesty kind of gives you know, puts those Caucasian artists in front of me, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And I'm like.
Speaker 6: Rhythms yeah, but that guitar solo is fucking wild out, like to the point where I was just on a YouTube rabbit hole trying to see if people could even rip the solo the same way that I think Adrian is the name of the singer of Big Thief.
Speaker 2: How they play it. So anyway, check this out, but just search simulation, swarm, reverb, slow down YouTube check this out as haunted.
Speaker 1: Yeah all right, well we will link off to that in the footnote. The dailyse Eite guys is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending, and we will talk to y'all then Bye bye