Speaker 1: Mother Knows Death presents External Exams with Nicole and Jimmy.
Speaker 2: Over the past few weeks on Mother Knows Death, Maria and I have talked about a variety of news stories that involve the GI system and in particular the newest fad of weight loss with drugs like ozembic, and on today's External Exam, I thought it would be perfect if we spoke with a GI specialist, So I'd like to welcome doctor Partha Nandy. Hi, It's an honor to have you here.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks, Nicole. I like when people say external exam. When my patients say external exam, that only means one thing, so we're not doing that today, but absolutely pleasure. It's a pleasure to join me today.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here. And doctor Nandy is a gastro enterlogist as well as a holistic health practitioner, and he as a host of his own TV show that is called Ask Doctor and Nandie tell us about that a little bit. What's up with your TV show? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what happened was my dad. He was my biggest hero when I was growing up and he got sick. When you know, how long has it been now, it's been about sixteen years ago he got He was very healthy, never never really had any time to was the hospital, but he got a devastating stroke. And what happened then, Nicole, is that I was I thought it was a pretty good doc. I thought I was empathetic. I thought I did a good job. But what I became the patient because of my dad and the advocate, I realized that there's a lot I didn't know. What I mean by that is how to be able to advocate for yourself what it feels like as a patient through our health system, and also how do I how do I as a patient, not as a doctor, to prevent what happened to my dad. So, you know, I thought about how to do it. I had a friend who was a producer in la and he he talked to me and said, you know, some of the things you talked to me about, doctor Dady, we could we could do television. So it certained a television show that basically talks about empowering you know, to yourself to be a healthier which is your own advocate for yourself and your family. And that's what began, and we started in one television station in Detroit. That's where I'm from and then now you know we're syndicated throughout the country in the world. It's because when I have a simple message, is that make your health and wellness your parody, which is a lot what you're doing. So that's kind of my that's our mission, our you know, our north star. And then we called the folks that believe in that health herold. We think everybody should be a health hero.
Speaker 2: So when you went to medical school, you became you specialized in GI. Is that have you done that since you graduated medical school and did a residency in GI you've been doing that this whole time?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what happens is you do medical four years and you do residents you for three years in internal medicines. You become a specialized specialist in everything, right, which is internal medicine. And that's helpful for my show because I talk about everything. And so once you finish internal medicine, then you do three more years of being a sub specialist, which is a gastronogist. So that means diseases of the testine, the liver, the pancreas, the colon, the digestive issues. S. I liked it because you know, you get to talk to people and then be an expert. But you also get to do some procedures where you look inside the stomach with today, we had a patient that was bleeding. I was able to put a clip stop the bleeding. I think that's cool because you have a patient that's sick, you do something and they get better. That part of it. I like. I almost like counseling them for prevention. So that's why I like gastrorology.
Speaker 2: I get that GIG system is probably my favorite system too. I just I feel like I like it the most when I'm doing an autopsy or something, so I understand why you like it. So, seeing how long have you been a GI doctor for about decades?
Speaker 1: A couple of decades.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, so over the years you've probably seen since you deal with the GI system, you've probably seen some changes in weight loss trends. I would say, and I know some of this because I worked in surgical pathology for like twenty years, so I would say maybe ten years ago, like all the rage was sleeve gas jrectomy every day, getting multiple sleeve gas diractomies, and now it seems to be all the rage is like these weight loss drugs like ozempic, right, and now we have we have all these celebrities that have been losing weight over the past couple of years and now over the past couple of months, people like Oprah, Sharon Osbourne. They're all coming out and saying like, yeah, I use ozempic. So now it's that's the drug of choice right now. And can you explain to us exactly like what oze is and how does it help a person lose weight?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're absolutely right, And to me, it's a revolution It's like it's a revolutionary drug because it's it's working in a way that people understand it. And you know, when people did gastric surgeries like the sleep gastrectomies like you're talking about. There are multiple ways for people who are listening watching is that you know how you can you can have weight loss. One of them is kind of part of the stomachs. You can't eat and you reroute it so you physically are not able to absorb nutrients and not eat. You can't eat enough and so you physically restrict it. This drug like you talked about a zempic and it's analogue with govy. Remember zempic is indicated for diabetes, right, and for people with diabetics. Its analogue with gov is indicated for for weight loss, but people use it interchangeably. So let's talk about just so zembic. It's there's a class. It's a class of medication called semi glue tide, and what it does is it kind of mimics it. It pretends like it's a it's a hormone that naturally occurs the body. And what that does is when that hormone kind of goes up, it goes to your brain and then the brain says, aha, I'm full. So you're not struggling. You just don't feel like eating, which is magnificent for people who are like, it's always hungry and I can't stop it, right, So it does that in addition to that, In addition, it slows down by digestion by increasing the amount of time it takes for food. So in boxing, it's like a one two punch because you're not only not feeling full or not feeling hungry, but you also feel full for a longer punt of time. And that's why it's so effective. Like a lot of people, especially when my colleagues are kind of like they pukou it. I think, I think it's not so bad. I think you've tried everything else and this is the big if. Right. I had a lady Nicole, it said, and she was not obese. She said, eh, doctor, nanny, can I do it? So it's ten to fifteen pounds. And it looked good in my bathing sit like it. It's not what this is or that's to me the key. You may see Oprah like melting away, or you know some other celebrity and you can tell they're like dramatic loss. Wait, that's one thing and they're doing it. But if you're not obese, first of all, I don't think you should do that. But secondly, you should couple it with the things we talk about by being you. On Healthy Ero, we talked about five pillers. It's purposeful living. Number two is not a diet, but getting the right foods in your body. Number three is movement with purpose. You gotta move and do things, have community and spirituality. I think you got to really have a holistic approach to doing this. Let's say you don't do all five, at least move and at least have healthy foods. It doesn't mean because I'm taking we go over your ozeen bake and now I can, you know, have a juicy you know, double cheese, whatever, burger concoction, only what I want to eat. So you've got to eat better, you gotta eat healthy and move along with this. But to me, it's gonna change things because I've already seen the demands. I do endoscopy, which is basically taking a little skill going into your mouth and neuroesophagus and stomach. I do that preoperatively, meaning that I tell the surgeons, hey, this patient can is okay to have a gastric bypass. Certainty that demand nicoll is way down already, not to mention what's gonna happen in the future as we get more and more in these drugs. So to me, the grain area is, hey, what's gonna happen long term? We're talking about a couple of months, three months, four months, five months, maybe even a year, But what happens five years down the road, you know, when you've taken this drugs, So I'd like to know what the long term side effects now. But I think it's another tool in our armamentarium to be able to fight obesity, which to me is the biggest epidemic in the planet.
Speaker 2: I agree with you, and I would say that a majority of the autopsies that I do, the patient has obesity, and younger people that are that are, you know, this prime age of women that I was seeing, especially between like fifty and sixty years old, way too young to die, but all obese and just I think it's really important that no matter how you lose it, you lose it because of the comorbidities associated with obesity. But it's funny that you mentioned that about the short term weight loss for people that like me, like I'm trying to lose like five or ten pounds, just oh, just take this medication. We had a story in the news actually of a woman that was given ozempic because she was trying to lose weight for her daughter's wedding to fit into the dress. So we're talking what ten to fifteen pounds max. And she ended up having a bowel obstruction and dying because of it. And so what are some of the negative effects that you see with this type of drug.
Speaker 1: Well, it's slowing down the intestinal motility. The movie of the of the food right, that's going through So people who already have problems with movement through your intestine can cause problems. You mentioned. You know, it's not common, it's rare. You could have problems with obstruction, which is a blockage I mean intestine. Let's say if you have a little bit of an area and then you slow things down even more, potentially you can you can make that worse. You can have problems with gall bladder problems. You could have problems with pagre titis. There's rare problems with infections. There's all kinds of you know, other side effects you can have, but the main ones are dealing with your food and your stomach not moving through, so you can have nausea, blow ding, abdominal discomforts. If you have any of those issues, don't forget to mention your doctor. People are so desperate to get this they don't They don't want to tell them anything about what's going on. Even if they know that there's possibility of this happening, they don't tell their doctor or their healthcare provider. It's important you let people know the street. If you have any yaspintestol issues, let your doctor figure that out. Any GI issues. What I mean is a nauseously the um bloating, you have discomfort, let them know, because this could make it worse. In some cases, it can make it significantly worse, leading to hospitalization. So again, it's not to be taken lightly. It's not just why eject myself and I'm gonna look great. It's more than that. And again again I'll say it has to be coupled with diet and having good food choices and exercise.
Speaker 2: Do you think that doctors that are prescribing this are giving that message because I personally have friends and family members that take these medications and they still eat like shit, they don't exercise. And one family member very close when I won't name her name in particular, had serious issues with motility, like almost had to go to the hospital, and she doesn't have great eating habits and had some kind of an obstruction, severe abdominal pain and up passing it, but then had bleeding and the rectum and everything because of it. And I don't I don't think that anyone ever really said to her, you need to change your your ways. So that concerns me.
Speaker 1: I think a lot of times, you know, we as doctors also want to keep our patients happy. It's easier just to write a strip right and have them go on their way than taking the time to say, hey, this is what's going to happen, because then comes up, oh, if so, do you think that I should do this or not? You see what I'm saying. It's harder to do that. So lots of people say, I think it'll be all right, say if your take it, because well, you've been to you've been to people like myself. You don't have a lot of time. I mean, you're in and out so quickly. And if it's just that you're here for the drug that you're looking for for weight loss or diabetes management, let's say, then you're you know, if you just write the prescription, you're on the way. So I think it's our responsibility, and this is for anybody who's healthcare professional to really let the patient. No, this is not a no brainer. It's like a nothing burner or something. It's not like taking it's not like taking something that is innocuous, right, It's something that's significant in your body that could could potentially harm it. So I think that people are not saying, hey, you know what, you could have your kidneys get damaged. Hey, you could have changes in your in your vision or worsening constipation, you know, like your pain group will get in played because I think that it's just it's just a much more involved conversation. And to be honest, some may not even know that. Some healthcare defessionals are ready, may not even know that there are these complications. So I think it's it's it's again be your and health theory. You're taking something, get to know yourself. We have resources now, get to know these side effects and see, hey, you know what. I'll go to my doctor and say I have these problems and you know the side effects. Can you think that's right for me? It's got to be a joint decision of partnership. It's not like I want to lose weight to take this all. It's a great drag and it can work. It can work, But I think that I don't think that it's something that should be taken lightly and should be taken with the direction of your healthcare provider, and you have to ask them, can something bad happen with this?
Speaker 2: I like that you mentioned about the long term side effects because obviously this drug hasn't been out too long to really know what is going to happen. In fifteen twenty years down the line with people that have been taking this medication long term. And obviously this medication isn't for people to take for the rest of their lives. It's supposed to be a correct I mean, if they're not taking it for diabetes management or something. So I don't know if you heard this, but recently a huge company, weight Watchers, has kind of gotten on the ozempic bandwagon and now they offer a subscription that you can get ozempic along with their weight loss pro which is good because they teach healthy eating habits and stuff. But do you feel like our culture is kind of like heavily going hard into this ozepic and giving up things like the regular way that you used to lose weight with, like caloric restriction and exercise.
Speaker 1: And I think that's you're absolute to me. You as a as a person prescribing, have to make it very important. Once you get your goal, you have to continue to do the other things besides the medication. Otherwise, I mean, there are studies right now that show that if you don't, if you continue to do what you're doing before these empic, you'll you'll gain the weight right back. It's not magical. Right, So once you take away the active substances that's making your brain feel like you're full and you're slowing down the speed of the stomach moving food through, you're going to gain the weight back. So it's really important to learn those habits while you're taking the drugs. If you don't have those habits, so you're absolutely right, and you know, it's not meant for them to just keep taking it forever. Some people will take it for a longer period of time because they may not get the weight loss, but it's not meant for people who are trying to have weight loss and not having diabetes. It's not forever. But again we have to let the patients know. You got to you've got to be able to understand the other two things that you do just movement, just exercise and eating well. And to be eating well, that doesn't mean that you know, you eat less. It means that when you eat the foods, make sure they're a whole, make sure they're nutritious.
Speaker 3: Make sure that they give you the nutrients you need and not just just looking at the taste and that's it.
Speaker 1: You know, like you have you know, cheeseburger for examples may taste good, but the nutrient value and the toxic value TAXX and load is huge. So you've got to be able to teach those. We have to be able to do that. Patients who come to you for this have clearly not learned this, most of them, because otherwise they would be asking you for that. So we have to be able to teach are our patients that to be able to do that, otherwise you're not how successful. It's gonna come again and again, or they're gonna be in the drug for a very long time.
Speaker 2: This episode is being brought to you today by my book, Nicole and Jemmy's Anatomy. If you didn't get what you wanted this holiday season, you're gonna want this book. It is a tour through the human body, starting with A through Z, and it tells you all the different things that could go wrong with your body. And a little unknown fact about this book is that there are multiple members of my family in this book, including my handsome husband, my dad, my aunt, and my sister in law. So check it out. You can go to thedoramatter dot com slash book and find where you can get this great book. Well, now that you're talking about toxic foods, this is a good time to get it to this subject. I worked years ago with a brilliant GI pathologist. She was awesome, and she was like very much into this, the new research of all this leaky gucks stuff we were talking about. And back when she was talking about this, this was like fifteen years ago, probably people were kind of thinking she was a quack for thinking, for believing in this stuff. And now all of this research is coming out that most people agree that leaky gut is is a thing. Could you please explain exactly what that is to our listeners?
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, that's a great question. And so if you think about where blood and poop are separated, right, you think that it's a huge barrier. It's one cell layer thick. So let's say this is a cell. You know, my hand on this side is pooh, this side is blood. So your GI tractor, testinal tract, the cells have a huge job to be able to prove that stuff that's in your poop to go in your blood. And when it doesn't do that well, people who are very insightful, like your GeOI pathologists that you worked with, called it a leaky gut because it's happened. Your gut is leaky. Stuff comes true. But now we, like you said, there's there are studies that's showing that this works. We have a fancy or name for it. It's called intestinal permeability. So what happens is that in that one cell layer thic you know, barrier between poop and blood, you have these things called tight junctions which are like completely sealed tight and it's kind of like a very very sophisticated group of bouncers that will not let anything in or let anything out that doesn't belong. So once those those defense mechanisms of your of your intestinal track are not there, stuff can get through. And you think, you say, so what you know what if stuff gets true, Well, it won't be like big chunks of stool. We're not talking about that. On the microscope level, you're having little particles which are toxins, let's say, from above from a bacteria. One of them we know it's called LPs or light bulb polysachara. When that goes in the blood stream, here's what happened ago, your entire defense system goes, oh my gosh, something happened. So you're all of your your immune systems. So I call it kind of your almost your entire defense of your body. So your white cells come in, your natural killer cells, your lymphocide, everything comes through. It comes through. If you make the analogy in your in the in the country, you have the FBI, the CIA, and the army, the Navy. Everybody comes and says there is an attack. Something's come through, and it starts attacking because it thinks something's there in that reaction. If you haven't once in a while, won't matter. But if that leak continues and you have more stuff that comes through, that's the beginning of inflammation because then these cells continue to be activated trying to get rid of whatever this toxin that's coming through, and when it continues, it can cause inflammation. And inflammation is the beginning of all disease, whether it's of the heart, whether it's in the brain and long any part of it. That's why to me, the gut and you and I, you know, a realness is the gun is such an important part of your body. Why because it's the center. It's it's it's if you can fix the gut, not get leaky gut. Change what's called your microbiome, which is the trillions of bugs in your intestine system you can help prevent disease. I'm writing a book about comparing taking your gut health and optimizing it to prevent diseases of the brain like the one my dad had, And it's it's startling what you can do to your with your gut to be able to prevent that. But to answer your question, you know this, this leaky gut is such an important idea because if you can prevent that and keep your gun healthy, then you can you can really conquer so many diseases that we that we we suffer with in our country a throughout the world. Stuff like heart disease, cancer, autoimmune disease. All these are inflammatory conditions that can make things worse.
Speaker 2: And do you think that this inflammation is obviously it's like more linked to processed Food's correct in a sense.
Speaker 1: The inflammation is there, but it's inflammation on the side of the cell that's going towards the blood and also on the side which is in the intestinal cell. And it absolutely it will be difficult to process ood if you have increased inflammation. But what's even more startling is that that inflammation then can then affect the rest of the body. And this is where it's exploding Nicole. Every single specialty in medicine, every disease state is finding that if you your gut held is bad, then your disease state of that organ is bad. So let's talk about the brain. In Alzheimer's time was got almost if you look at hard disease, or people with cornering our disease, or people with Crone's disease or rheumatary threaticism, there's a change in the way the gut is and the microbiome as well. In the processing of foods. You know, when you don't have the right environment, your food's processing incorrectly and your food doesn't become your friend anymore. And that's what we have to prevent it. And there's simple ways of doing it. Try not to eat processed foods. It's super simple. Try to eat foods that you can see. Maybe even do the unthinkable. Go into your kitchen and actually use it and not use your phone to have somebody deliver it, so you can take your rolling chair and go to the door, pick up the food, go back to your couch and eat it. I mean, when you do that, it's so unnatural. For human beings throughout history, we'd had to hunt and gather, we had to move around, get our own food, real foods. That's what we've been looking at for millions of years. Right, all of a sudden, in the last fifty you've got everything changed. Right. Food's made in the factory and given to you. You heat it up in this thing called the microwave or whatever, and everything's made in a factory. If we can just go back and find foods that your body is used to, like whole vegetables and fruits and things that are the meats that are not made in little tiny you know, coops where artificial growth is happening for meats. I mean, if we eat food the way we used to, then we'll do well. Why because that's what's brought us here for all these years. Now, in the last fifty years, everything's changed. So back to your question about about the gut and leaky gut, because what the what the microbiome and the gut does not like is everything that we eat. Let's have a box of cereal because that's shown on TV full of processed foods, full of artificial sugars. Or let's have a slice of pepperoni, pizza sec an atomic weapon against your gut. Bad farms, bad fat preservatives. I mean, your gut doesn't know what to do. It's like it's like, oh, I'm like and it's shaky, you know, microscopicalleen and so that once in a while, I'm not crazy, you know, I have kids that birthday parties do. I have a slice of beets, absolutely, But when you make that slice of pizza or your burger or your fries every single day, which a lot of people do, or your TV dinners or your process foods every day, then your body can't handle it. It goes into overload. Leaky gut happens, you have inteslino permeability, the beginning of disease. And is it a wonder that I have a thirty five year old personal colmb cancer that I'm talking to a twenty nine year old saying that, my god, they told me I have breast cancer. Like, we're just shocked and bewildered that all the stuff is happening. But the crack that we put in our bodies, and that's just the food we're talking about, not to mention the unbelievable amount of stress that we put on ourselves. Right, all those things lead toward the healthy gut. But we can make the simple practices that you do every day that can reverse that. And the quicker you do that, and and the younger you are when you do that, the more prolific the changes are.
Speaker 2: So you have a guide on your website that people can can look at that tells you it's kind of cool because it's like a quick if you if you have to eat processed foods, here's how to make better choices. Kind of yeah, And what.
Speaker 1: We want people to do is be real, right, So we'll give you a guide and say, hey, you know what, this is toxic, this is not, and so you can you can look and choose and see what you can do because.
Speaker 3: To us, excuse me, to me and the little people that work with me, we want to make it simple.
Speaker 1: If it's complicated, then and it's bad. So this guy is gonna be simple. You can read it. It's written in normal language, it's understandable. So yeah, well, we'll be happy to give it to your your listeners, reviewers whenever if if they choose to have it.
Speaker 2: And you are also sell some supplements on your website, and there are mostly vitamins that are what they're really good for you, obviously, and with the processed foods and everything, we're not getting a lot of those those things. Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's happening is that our soil becaus is devoid. We have over you know, farm land put so many what are called you know, GMO products and seeds basically sucks all nutrients out of the soil. This is an example. So let's say you eat a cabbage now versus nineteen thirty five, it's completely different. So what was happening in my medical career is I would get patients coming with these big old bags and say, doctor, that come with fifteen supplements. What should I take? What shouldn't I know? Said yes, no, yes, no, And I said, you know, to our team, I said, you know, why don't we create our line so I can curate it and let people know. We went to manufacturers and see how they actually made it and what their sites look like, and that I wanted to not just say here's here's your vitamin D, here's your vitamin K, here's the nutrient supplement that you can take, but rather isn't nutrient dense. So you look at let's say grocery store and you have like a vitamin D, it may come in a form that's not bioavailable. What that means is you take it and it seems like the same number as let's say that what we pick, but ours is more bioavailable, so more stuff gets in your gud. So we're careful to make sure that the manufacturing is appropriate, that the product is highly high quality, so that we would take it in our family. So and I mean we did that because for many, many years I've been curating it, so we decided to do it our own. It's it's from the Healthy Real Pharmacy, and it's just you know, it's my name part and any MB supplement. So yeah, if anybody wants to know more about it, I'll get some more information for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's good because a lot of times, like I just order my vitamins off Amazon, which is probably a horrible idea because who even knows who's making them. So it's nice to think I could get them from a trusted a trusted source. But before we let you go, we want to talk about a couple of news stories that we that we covered over the past couple of weeks. One you'll find these really interesting because they're GI related and they all have to do with foreign bodies, which is always everyone's favorite subject. There was a woman in Spain who said that she was choking on turkey and she tried to get the turkey out of her throat with a toothbrush, and then she accidentally swallowed the toothbrush and they had to do an endoscopy to remove the toothbrush. And my first thought, as a as a person that worked in pathology that's received all of these foreign bodies that you guys take out, I was I thought, I don't know if that's exactly the story, because I've received so many large things like pens, butter knifs from people that were boleemic, and I have heard that the gag reflex is not what it is when people are inducing vomiting so much and they stick larger objects down there to make themselves throw up, and that that is what I think how the toothbrush got down there. But again, I think it's possible she was trying to dislodge something, but I think the more likely story is that that's how it got there.
Speaker 1: And then you know you're right. We see the wildest things people put in there, and I just thought, well, just be honest with us. We're not here to judge you. You know, people you find things the rectum, they go, oh, I was just I just sat on it, and it's just like, okay.
Speaker 2: You that did not happen.
Speaker 1: No way a jurbil gets inside of you because you sat on it. You know, people put the most amazing things of the rectum and their mouth. So people I've seen razor blades, I've seen obviously crosses, I've seen every kind of device that's put in. And then you know, from the other hand, anything that's stimmylates, you know, the rectum, they'll they'll put in all kinds of arbitrary devices, the things that that you'd be surprised about it. And I just I just thought, I'm just be honest, We're not here to judge you. And it's the hardest thing is taking those out safely because people don't understand that and you put it in, you know, to take it out without tearing the esophagus, for example, we have to grab it and pull it out so slowly because you could basically feelay, the esophag is coming up, you know what I mean. And so on the rectum. You know, the sphincter zone is there and you have to be able to retrieve this without damaging the finer done something sharp. I mean, so it's it's listen, that's why you know we trained to do this, but it's it still amazes me all the crap that people put their bodies and uh, and they have very creative stories and holid cock there and the people that come with them to explain. You know, I add somebody who's mistressed and try to do something with him and and and got stuck inside the rectum and then you know, creative stories that come won't put this amazing, but it's just human nature and you know, people will continue to be people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I imagine it's probably the most embarrassing day of some person's life if they have to go in and say that and everyone knows, everyone knows how it got up there that you know, we're not we're not stupid, but just wrapping up since it's since it's holiday time and we're giving kids presents and stuff. That was another big one that we've been covering in the news is toys that have been problems. One of them is the water beads. I'm sure you have kids, right, so you you probably know about these causing obstructions and the magnets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I have a four year olds, so to constantly tell them not to put those things anything in his mouth. But you know, the the thing is that you have to you can't just come on having common sense as your little kids. So you're exactly what I think that water beads that are going to swell with water which is in you're intestine can block you know, if you block the intestine, it's more than a small problem. It could lead to surgery. So we have to tell parents you gotta be You've got to be more responsible and keep it out of the reach if you're going to have things that are going to give you problems. Any any small object you know, is important to keep keep out of the way of kids. And it's not just this is not just something with the holidays, but you know a lot of us like those those detergent pods. It's one of the most common reasons why kids can have toxic reactions in their esophagus and possibly die because they swallow it because it's colorful. You were seeing those things that look like I mean, you can be fool that it looks like candy ors that you put in your mouth, and can you imagine that you're you're putting detergent in your esophagus. It's one of the most horrific things I've seen that, So I beg parents do it. Don't put in the lower shop, but as high as possible so kids can't reach them. Give them the fear of God that this is horrible for you. So we've got to really educate our parents, and we as healthcare providers, you know, and you're doing a great shop in disseminating this kind of information. You won't think of it, but only it just takes one time to make a mistake and your kid's dead.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, it's so terrible.
Speaker 1: Anything about it. I mean, you literally watched this thing does like rip off your soft figures and obliterate it. It's it's it's horrific. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then even if they survive, like, what kind of quality of life do you have with all those surgeries that you have to repair it.
Speaker 1: It's just getty.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine going through that as a parent. It must be terrible. Well, thank you so much for your time today. Do you. What are you working on any new projects you know talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm looking at my book and the book is basically talking about healing your gut, fixing your mind. So I'm almost ready to send it over a publisher. So it'll be coming out very soon. And we're working on a probout it that will help us to be able to connect the the mine. So I'll be coming out with that and we'll be on our website.
Speaker 2: Oh awesome, that that sounds great. I'm actually really looking forward to that. I I didn't tell you this when you were talking about it, but I just recently had an experience with that because I stopped eating gluten like a couple years ago now because I was having such excruciating migraines and none of the medications they were giving me were working. So I finally just decided to stop eating gluten and it healed me basically. And for some reason, I decided a couple months ago that I was going to officially get tested to see if I had siliac. So I was going to eat gluten for two weeks so I could get my endoscopy done. And not only did I put myself through hell, but my family too. And it's interesting that you're saying that because I had obviously, like I went down the line of all the things I haven't been able to eat for the past couple of years, Like, Okay, I'm going to have a McDonald Tamberger this day, and I'm gonna have a Dunkin Donuts this day. I went, you know, and I felt fine. I ate it, and I said, oh cool, I'm fine, Like maybe I could eat gluten again. And then just having it. I only had one serving of it every day, but within a couple of days, I was so sick it was nuts. So I'm back on my gluten free diet and I'm very happy. But it's a real thing. It's a real thing, trust me. Like, so, thanks for being with us today. And that was really great information. And I loved how you talked about the layer between the poop and the blood. It really it makes a lot of sense, and I hope people get a lot from that. Thank you.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me. I appreciate it. Hopefully we can talking in.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to mother nos death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologist assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show, my website, and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room, or hospital. Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts. Thanks n