Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Who is this this? What's up? Jay?
Speaker 2: Is this the gecko?
Speaker 1: This is the gecko?
Speaker 2: Very very cool? What's up with me? I am sitting?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I don't know if I asked that? Did I did? I say? What's up with you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You said, you said, what's up?
Speaker 1: Fuck? I have, dude, I have like horrible I don't know how long this has been going on, but I have like horrible short term amnesia memory thing. I don't know if what.
Speaker 2: Is your long term memory? Good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think I think I think my long term memory is good. I just don't remember like names or things that people just told me, or that I've said. I don't know if it's as a result of like say that again.
Speaker 2: You'd like, do you remember your third grade teacher's name?
Speaker 1: I believe, Yeah. I think her name was miss Hellman.
Speaker 2: I think I only know one of my teacher's names from all twelve years of school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what are their names? What's give me one?
Speaker 2: Just erase it from my memory?
Speaker 1: But what's going on with you? Jay? What's up with you?
Speaker 2: Well? Well, first I want to say I'm sad I missed your show in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Ah, what did you were you not able to tickets?
Speaker 2: Not just that, but I it's been kind of scary for me to be outside for longer than an hour at a time nowadays.
Speaker 1: Ah Jay twenty eight, Chicago has had diarrhea for almost three months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in a week and a half, it'll be three months. Actually, I've gone to a doctor. Of course, I've gone to a doctor. I'm not stupid. And and they, oh my god, it's so disgusting. They made me like bring in a sample, and they went through all of the lists and they said that I have giardia. Giardia is a pest, you know what a it's. It's in water, and it usually comes from a minuscule amount of seco matter. You can get it literally anywhere. You can get it at a restaurant, you can get it licking a puddle in the street. You can get it from your own sink. So that's what happened to me. Got put on medication, came back immediately the following week. And then.
Speaker 1: Well it says also that you you believe that.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I go to my real doctor because I went to an emergency or not an emergency room. I went to urge Eka the first time I go to my real doctor room, he puts me on a different medication, does the same thing the next week, immediately comes back. So my issue with the fact that it's been almost three months is that I've been seeing this guy. I've been dating this guy. I started dating a guy just before this whole diary of thing happened. He went on a work trip out of Stay It, and the entire time he's been out of Stay It, I've been having this diarrhea. He comes back next week, and I've already told him the whole thing. He thinks that he thinks that my health is good after the first time I went to the doctor. He doesn't know that, you know, like we I, I am a I am a gay man as particpateon aff He is going to be coming back next week and I have major explosive diarrhea every other hour, and I don't know what to tell him.
Speaker 1: Are you on the toilet right now while you're talking about.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I'm in my depression room.
Speaker 1: You have a whole room dedicated to depression.
Speaker 2: Well, it's maybe I shouldn't call it a depression room. It's the anxiety room. The the where all of my ship goes. That isn't on display in my apartment all of your it's like boxes and boxes. Yeah, it's a spare bedroom.
Speaker 1: That's just because I said depression room. This sounds like kind of a good idea. It's good to like have a place where you can put it all that stuff. Okay, So your boyfriend does not know that you have been having explosive diarrhea for three months every other hour.
Speaker 2: He knew in the beginning, like right when he left for.
Speaker 1: The trip, but he doesn't know it's still going on. Yeah, and you're not sure how to tell him because it means that you guys cannot have anal sex. Yeah, tell me again what the doctor's told you about a timeline of if this will get better.
Speaker 2: Well, normally it should get better within a week. And I went to urgent care again for the second time after seeing my real doctor, and they want me to bring in another sample. But the thing is, every time I have a free day to bring in a sample, I get constipated, and then the next day I have work or I of you know whatever else going on. So I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, hold on, let me get this straight.
Speaker 3: Jay.
Speaker 1: So your doctor has told you that as part of the process of you getting better, you need to bring them a sample, and you haven't been able to because you keep getting constipated or having work.
Speaker 2: It's it's the worst because it's like on my free days, I'm constipated on the days where I'm actually Jay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jay, if you're having diarrhea every other hour for the past three months, you need to I feel like that is a priority. Is quit your fucking job if you have to. You you can't do that. You can't have fucking diarrhea every hour. Where do you even? Where do you even work? Where you can do your job with this?
Speaker 2: At home? At home?
Speaker 1: You work at home?
Speaker 2: I need to be next to a toilet at all hours of my day.
Speaker 1: Jake, take a diarrhea all over part of Jay diarrhea. Go give them the sample. What are you doing? Just diarrhea in your car? Doesn't nobody, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: It's tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, You're gonna diarrhea.
Speaker 2: In your car today.
Speaker 1: You gotta do that. You've got to prioritize this day, I do.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: How long you've been dad to your boyfriend?
Speaker 2: For four months?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Four? Wait? You been for four months. He he hasn't even been with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been gone, but we we talk every day and and he's he's coming back on Monday. Jas in my apartment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know how to I don't know how to tell you that. I don't I don't know what to tell you except you just got to tell him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's un.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, it is what it is. Do you do you do? Your doctor said it will be okay in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that was even the first time I let because sometimes it resolves itself. Sometimes you gotta take medication.
Speaker 1: And have you been taking Okay, you went through two randsom medication. Are they are they gonna put you on a third one?
Speaker 2: That's what I asked for and they didn't want to put me on anything.
Speaker 1: You gotta tell you.
Speaker 2: I think like every time, every time I want to bring in a sample, my stomach gets stressed out and freezes up. It's like I have a shy stomach.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: I feel like, you know this is this is like you need a Nathan field Er esque machine that like is a backpack hidden underneath a suit with a tube from your assholes in the that can that can be kind of Yeah, that like a diarrhea suit, So that way you can live your life but still diarrhea whenever you have to.
Speaker 2: Is there a way for astronauts to like close their poop bag inside of their astronauts suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're astronauts. They've figured out everything. All. I guess what we're getting at here with this line of conversation, Jay, is that not all hope is lost for you. Listen, your boyfriend's situation. Just tell him. You have no other option than to tell him. He's going to find out. Just tell him. And I don't know how he's going to react. You don't know how he's gonna react. But it's okay. He's gonna laugh. Okay, it's gonna be Jay, It's gonna be okay. Man, if I could tell you, if it's all I feel, that's all I want to tell you, it's gonna be okay. All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just glad I haven't had a single hemorrhoid.
Speaker 1: You one day will not have diarrhea. But you you gotta go. You guys delivered that stool sample. You gotta tell your boyfriend and let it play out. Jay, I don't I hope you're freaking out too hard about this whole whether or not to tell your your boyfriend thing. You know, it's not it's not worth freaking out about.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's fine.
Speaker 1: And hey, listen, we've been on the phone for eleven minutes and I don't know how good your phone speakers are, but it doesn't sound like you have had diarrhea.
Speaker 2: No, I I have not. I actually went before I started calling. I'll probably need to go to a little bit.
Speaker 1: Jay, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 2: Uh, go to the doctor? Probably you need to, honestly, everybody dog you've got that you've been avoiding for a long time, and just get it done. Also, this is the sixty ninth call for me tonight. I got on at the sixty night call. Just want to say.
Speaker 1: That that's the magic number. Yeah, thanks for calling, Jay, Thanks for talking to me. I don't go to the doctor anymore because every time I do, he tells me how fat I'm getting. That's all he does. I don't even think he doesn't even do it in a way where it's like you're fat, and here's how what the plant? Here's the plan of how we're going to help you not be fat, but it's just he's just like, you're fat. I'm like, I knew that. I'm afraid because I'm afraid because every time I every time I go, I get fatter. And every time, right before I leave, I tell him next time I go and next time I see him, will I'll be less fat? And so I'm like lying, I should probably go to the doctor. Hello, Hi, Hi, keck Hi, what is your name?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 3: I'm calling Lindsay.
Speaker 1: Lindsey, Lindsay, Lindsay, what's going on with you in your life?
Speaker 3: So I'm kind of gonna pickle right now? Yah, my parents, My parents are kicking me out due to the guy I am seeing. I have been seeing him for about three years right now, and none of my friends will like him, none of my family members like him, but for some reason, I still like him, and part of me just wants to leave him, but then a part of me doesn't want to. And I've even tried to leave him for like maybe about four or five days, and he showed up to my work and he was asking all these questions. I blocked him and went to talk to him, and he even showed up to when I went out with my friends on the weekend and he started like causing a scene. So I don't know, I just kind of need some advice, I guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lindsey, it says here that your parents are kicking you out because of this guy that you're seeing. And it says that this guy you told the call screener that this guy is a warrant out for his arrest.
Speaker 3: Yes, he had a warrant out for his arrest. He finally went to court and now he's on parole for like a while, so that kind of makes the situation work. But right now he has a good job, he has a house and all this stuff, and he says I don't have to pay for anything, both food, and he's been keeping that promise of it, and he can be really nice.
Speaker 1: But yeah, go ahead, Well, Lindsey, I mean, okay, let's let's start here. Uh, what what do you think is the reason why you are continuing to see this person?
Speaker 3: I honestly can't tell you. Like when we were when I was like single, for like four or five days, I was having some of my friends, part of me missed him and I'd cry a little bit but part of me felt like good and trigued at it that he would just keep calling me and calling me even when I was like block his numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, lindsay, listen, I think I concerned. Well, yeah, I mean I think if you anytime where you're talking about you are trying to break up with somebody and they are not respecting that that boundary, I mean that is you know, that is telling Yeah, has the situation escalated to a point where you feel as though you need to contact the police and get some form of a restraining order if he is shoving up to places you're going out in public and as you say, causing a.
Speaker 3: I mean, okay, my even my ex boyfriend that I haven't talked to in like three years, told me I need to get a restraining order. And he even contacted my parents saying that he was worried about me and all this because he texted me one day and the guy I was seeing anteing fall it and they started fighting over the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So then my ex boyfriend, like three years ago, I haven't been talking to him or nothing, he texted my dad saying like, I'm worried about her and all this stuff. So yeah, I don't. I just I don't know why I'm so like indecisive, Like I don't know, Like he's fun and I'm attracted to him, but like I think I know what the right answer is, I just can't seem to like followed through with it for some reason.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go a little deeper that you say, you you know what the answer is, but you can't follow through with it for some reason. What if you had to think about it, what would that reason be? Like?
Speaker 3: Why can't I follow through with that?
Speaker 1: Right? I mean, you're telling me that you you know what the correct course of ants, the correct course of action is, but you don't feel like you can follow through on it. Why why don't you feel like you can follow through on it?
Speaker 3: I think just because like we do have like a connection stuff, and it wasn't always like like this, you know, like the first year we were together it was, you know, great, and then kind of started declining through there, but we always said our good times. And he can be a really good guy. You know, he look me dinner and take me out and all that.
Speaker 1: But you know, you know, I don't know how much stuff I'm gonna tell you that I'm sure your friends and your family haven't already told you, but if this relationship started out one way and slowly descended into being another thing, you will not benefit from holding out.
Speaker 2: In the.
Speaker 1: Very very very uncertain hopes that it will return to what it was. And I think your time and your life will be better spent cutting your losses and finding love and pleasure and enjoyment and lifey cool stuff in the infinite other avenues that there are to find.
Speaker 3: It, Okay, I and part of me also feels bad. Is because like he's doing everything I asked them to do now and now my parents putting in the situation when he's actually like showing improvements, you know. But yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: I know you feel bad, but you know this guy, I don't I don't know anything about him or his life or what he's got going on with himself, but it's it's his thing to deal with, and you've got your stuff to deal with. And I just really don't feel like it's beneficial for you to to hold out and put your own life on pause to wait for this thing to get better. Right, how do you, I mean, how do you feel about what I'm telling you?
Speaker 3: I agree, I'm sorry not. I totally agree, but yeah, I just don't understand why it's so hard for me to like follow through with that, you know.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, I don't know. I wish, I wish I knew the secret recipe for you to to pull that trigger. And again, I don't know how much I'm telling you that your friends and family haven't already, but you should really really take some time to consider the downsides of putting your life on hold for this guy, and and then consider the I mean, well, you're twenty one.
Speaker 5: Mm what do you do?
Speaker 1: Are you in school? Are you in working?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I actually just started clinicals for physical therapy, So that's that right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, great?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 1: Do you have a lot of dear friends? It seems like you have a lot of friends and family.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And that's another thing. I feel like he ruined my relationship with my friends too, Like you'll, like, like when you show up to the bar, he was like, I'm just cussing, and like, you know, I'm just being mean to my friends. Yeah, so they don't like to hang out with me when he's around, you know, which is a problem.
Speaker 5: Mm hm.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Lindsay, you've got uh you've got a you've got a good life man. You you have a career you're pursuing. You have friends that I'm sure would graciously accept your return into their lives. And I guess, like I don't have any secret sauce for you to achieve your Nike just do it moments. But I hope at the very least you ruminates on all of the good things you have waiting for you to pursue in your life, this career. You're talking about, your friends, that you're talking about, your family, all these things that you have to really take time to lean into and ruminate upon how that time will be wasted if you use it to hold out for this guy. And I hope after doing some thinking about that, it'll motivate you to have your Nike just do it moment where you really cut it off. And I don't know, I don't know how you're feeling about your own personal safety, but if you have to, if you feel as though it is getting to that point, I would not hesitate to get whoever involved that you need to get involved. And yeah, I mean that That's really all I have to say. Lindsay what do you how do you feel about all of that.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's kind of like expecting, you know, to hear like you said, I'm hearing this from my mom, my friends and everyone around me. So that's part of me that's like I don't know, like I feel bad because I'm that's mean to them. I agree with them, But then when I'm with him, you know, I do like he's like my best friend, you know, we have good times. Yeah, this stuff like that, But I I agree. I think you're right, and I think I just need like to do it and then just see how I feel and like at least like a couple of weeks and I feel like I do, like you know, flying with everything you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, good. I hope that you do do what is best for you. Again, I I I wish I had the uh the secret recipe to get you to do it. But that is the thing is that you know your friends, your family as much as they love you, as much as they want the best for you. Unfortunately cannot make you do anything because you can't make other people do things. But I just really hope you make the right decision.
Speaker 3: Lindsey, thank you, kick and then dying to ask you about the and then listening to your podcast and the way to work every day. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go. No, thank you for answering, Thanks for calling Lindsay.
Speaker 3: Good night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, tough thing. Tough thing again. You can never make anyone do anything, so I feel for her friends and family. It's hard when you to care. But this is something I've talked about on this fucking podcast a billion times. But it's hard when you care about a person and you feel like you know what's best for them and you're telling them and you can't. You can't fucking make anyone do anything. I and I I I can't. Uh, not me or Andy Lindsay's actual real life friends or family can can pull any triggers for her. But I just I don't know. I just to restate everything I said, I hope, uh. I mean, it's it's not like she's like, oh, I don't have anything else going on in my life and my boyfriend is my only thing and if I get rid of this, I have nothing left. Even if that was the case, I would be like nothing, nothing is better than something bad. But that's not the case. I mean she's got all this stuff in her life too, that that that she could be using the time that she's spending holding out for this guy to fucking lean into And I hope she lends into it. And I and I am and I am a gecko on the computer. Hello, how are you? I'm good? What's going on with you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So I had the thing that I was curious to get your feedback on. So I'm twenty seven now, and when I was fifteen, so a long time ago, I was diagnosed with cancer. I went through four years of chemo for it, and it's done, Like it's it's not even something that I think about now because like things are so normal now. But so last week or the week before was the anniversary of my diagnosis, and that's always a day for me to kind of look back at that time because it was such a big thing for me, Like, you know, a lot changed with that. But knowing myself that I'm a verbal processor, like to talk and I like to write, I like sometimes I'll just talk with my friends about it, like on that day. I pretty much don't talk about that very much out side of that. But I told someone about it recently who I thought was a pretty close friend, and basically the response like this is this has happened before, like in the past, you know, telling this and telling less and less people over time, but some people get really uncomfortable about it. So this person, though, like basically didn't acknowledge it. They were kind of they were like, okay, so you were in high school twelve years ago and like doing the numbers and about it and stuff, but didn't even mention the cancer thing once. So basically the question that I am asking now is like, when, if I'm going to share something like that with someone, is it on the end of like the recipient, Like is it their responsibility to be like, oh, I'm sorry to hear that or something, or is it my job to like tell it better? I guess it's kind of I don't know if that makes sense, but yeah, curious, so I would think about that.
Speaker 1: Tell me you have told this story about when you were fifteen to various people in your life, and you have been unsatisfied with their reactions.
Speaker 4: Uh, sometimes more than others. Like, well, I guess, I mean that's an interesting point. Like I've got some close friends that just respond really well and they're supportive and stuff. But if there's ever a time that I'm telling someone new about it, there's always the gamble of whether or not it's going to make things weird, because it has made things weird, and like I'm not I don't talk with this person now anymore after it.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's let's I mean, let's get really into this right now. When you say it makes things weird, when you are getting a reaction that you feel is not is a is a dissatisfactory reaction, explain to me why the reaction is dissatisfactory and why it makes you weird.
Speaker 4: Well, for one thing, I mean, in this case, it was the extreme of like not even acknowledging it. Like there's like if there's any uncomfort, like discomfort there, Like I know that, like a topic like that can be uncomfortable. I understand that. But like two, like I've had some people say, hey, like that's that's a lot. I don't even know what to say about that. But I guess the response that I've seen that's dissatisfactory is like very quickly wanting to move on to something else, not even that I'm trying to like talk someone's ear off about it. But shoot, it's hard to describe. But it's just it's it turns people off like it's it. It just can be off putting and it's visible. I don't know how else to describe that.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, okay, Now tell me what a what a satisfactory response to this looks like from from one of your your friends? Tell me what you want from them?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well, I think the people that know me well enough know that that's not something that bugs me day to day. Like again, like I said, I don't even think about it that often. But it doesn't seem like they're taking the weight of that on themselves. They're just like whoa, that's amazing or that's crazy, or like that's horrible. Like any reaction to it, I guess is better than That's really hard. I'm man, I'm having a hard time describing this.
Speaker 1: I ask you another question, and I don't and I don't know what you have thought about this before, but I asked you this genuinely. What why do you Why does it matter to you how people respond to this?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, I guess it's at this point in time, the people that I'm sharing it with are people that I want to know about. A big, a pretty big part of my life, so like, I don't know, it's just that desire to be more fully known as a person, like getting I don't know, just in my background. Sorry, man, I feel like i'm what was the question again.
Speaker 1: I was asking you. It's okay, man, don't don't. Don't stretch yourself out about trying to find, you know, a perfect answer to any of these these questions. I'm just trying to sure find out. I asked you why it's important to you that people respond a certain way to this?
Speaker 4: Oh hmm, that's an interesting question. I'm not quite sure if I answer that.
Speaker 1: Because here's the here's here's the thing is this is a heavy This is to me like a heavy focus on a thing that's outside of your control. I don't know if you're looking at this as like some form of a I don't know if you're looking at this is some form of a litmus test, like you're almost testing people to see if they are, you know, whatever, supportive. But I think if you're going around having heavy expectations of how other people should react to this thing, you're tripping yourself up here.
Speaker 4: That's really interesting.
Speaker 1: I think you're tripping yourself up with this.
Speaker 4: That's super interesting. I guess even broader than that, Like I know that I'm pretty I like talking about more complex topics. I know, I'm kind of philosophically inclined, and I like just thinking and talking and doing art and talking about art and stuff like that. So I feel like, to me, this is something that has I mean, again, it's over what is that twelve years ago that this happened, So it's pretty.
Speaker 1: And so you can't you were just it's funny to be you were just doing well, it's funny to me that you was doing math because you were you were upset at the person who was who was doing Who's doing math?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's hilarious. Yeah, I guess ILL have to say is that, like it is more normal for me and have the expectation on the people for hearing that afresh, Like it is not like a fresh story for me. So when I go back and tell people it is pretty like it's like a normal thing for me at this point because it was so long ago when I've like accepted it as such. So that's interesting about the expectations.
Speaker 1: I just I mean, dude, if so you're telling I mean you you've you've like let me if I can bring up a few things that you've brought up over the course of this conversation. You you've told us, you you you, you kind of brought this up like, hey, this was twelve years ago. This isn't even something I really think about that much. It's just a thing to share with people. This is what you do. Is that accurate? Is that the truth?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay? So when so when you tell it to people and then to them they're like, oh, twelve years ago you had cancer, okay, and then what's going on with the fucking Mets this year? You know, like why why is that? If they're taking it as much of a thing as you take it as, why is that an issue for you?
Speaker 4: Super interesting? Uh, you're blow on my mind now, that's uh, that's a really interesting point. It's kind of like I want them to understand the severity of it, but also that it's not a big deal, like it can't be both hanned. Yeah that's interesting, man.
Speaker 2: You you you want no.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, please, I want to hear what you what you felt, but I.
Speaker 4: Do have thing to even just hearing you repeating my questions back to me is kind of like, oh, my god, Like, that's just not a way I've been seeing it before.
Speaker 1: So okay, good, No, I'm glad you're thinking about this. Well, just dude, just in general, you know, forgetting about you know, we're talking about a severe thing. Forgetting about that, we're talking about a big thing in your life. Just in general, having expectations of how other people are going to react to you or should react to you, and then getting disappointed that those expectations is just going to trip you the fuck up. So try not to have those expectations. You said, it happens a lot in other areas. And that's the thing. It doesn't matter what we're talking about. If you having these expectations of other people is going to respond to things, is is not going to do you a whole lot of good. Unless if you are unless if you're like navigating a relationship with someone and you are openly expressing to them what you would like from them. If you're doing it like that, I think it's a good thing. But if you're just like quietly hoping that somebody acts a certain way, you're not going to get anywhere. And if you're getting upset that they don't, you're just gonna lead yourself to more upset in this.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah, man, Well how about that. I've been really helpful and illuminating.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: I'm glad. I'm glad. Is there any aspect of any of this or anything that we are any fucking anything or something about the Mets that you want to say before we go?
Speaker 4: I don't know anything about the Mets, but I hope they play well this year.
Speaker 1: I hope they play well too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, thanks for talking, Lyle.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling.
Speaker 4: Nick had a great night.
Speaker 1: That was that was interesting to me. Nick had a thing. I'm just sitting here with Nick trying to understand his thing. The best that was a little bit is it was difficult. This is what I'm trying to do here. Nick had a thing. I'm trying to understand this thing. It was a little bit hard for me to understand, but I'm trying my best to understand it. And then as I go through to try to understand it, Nick is like, oh fuck, I don't even understand this thing. And so now both of us are on the same side of the court trying to understand this thing. Then the thing unravels itself, and then Nick maybe goes, oh maybe this isn't a thing. Or maybe I haven't haven't looked at this thing, you know, closely enough. Maybe I haven't even under tried to understand this thing. That's kind of what I feel like happened there.
Speaker 5: And I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about the Mets. And I appreciate Nick for Sharon. What's going on? What's up with you?
Speaker 2: Hi?
Speaker 5: So we're Kevin and Olivia? Uh and uh sorry? If you hear some dogs running in the background.
Speaker 1: Which one which one are you? Are you Kevin or Olivia?
Speaker 5: It depends on the day.
Speaker 1: I guess no, dot doesn't. There's which one are you?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Kevin or Olivia?
Speaker 2: Kevin?
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 1: You're Kevin right now. You don't have to you don't have we You can just tell me the answer to the question, are Kevin or Olivia?
Speaker 5: I'm Kevin?
Speaker 1: Okay? All right? That was it is not everything has to be like a crazy riff, you know, for sure?
Speaker 5: For sure?
Speaker 1: And then she's there's the other You're not what's your the other person's name?
Speaker 5: Olivia?
Speaker 1: Kevin? I'm sorry is mean to you just now, but I don't I don't regret it, because it was kind of fun, you know, I feel like I tried it. I feel like I try to be nice to people usually and then I'm like, all right, once I'm nice to enough callers, I feel like it earns me. I can be mean. You know, I don't know. I don't have an exact I don't have like an exact formula of like how many me being nice to call her as equals I can be mean to one, But I feel like for every five that I'm nice to, I can be I can be mean to one as a random number. That's not the system. But okay, Kevin. It says that you and Olivia are a couple.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 1: It says that you guys are sexually adventurous.
Speaker 5: Oh, she was actually telling me that I shouldn't said that, and just like the blunt and say we're swingers.
Speaker 1: Okay, I feel like sexually adventure I feel like both of them are fairly blunt.
Speaker 5: That's fair, okay, But everybody has a different definition. I think of an adventurous, but the swinger one kind of only means one thing.
Speaker 1: That is a good point. That is a good point, cheers man.
Speaker 5: Good to hear.
Speaker 1: So it says here.
Speaker 7: That you had a uh an experience the you that you both describe as interesting but weird with another couple, and you wanted to talk today about that.
Speaker 5: Yes, correct, there was a couple of couples. Actually, there's a.
Speaker 1: Couple of couples. Can I want to I feel like I've talked to you for three minutes. I should talk to Olivia now.
Speaker 5: Shoot, she says no. But yeah, I asked. She said no, she does not want to. No, I guess not. But we do want your advice.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, she didn't have to talk if she didn't want to. Okay, yes, tell me, tell me what's going on, keV.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no problem. Uh so, Uh one of the couples is actually I think the first couple that we met up with when we started doing this, and uh, they were back in town and they invited us to their friend's house for a for a you know, swinger party, and uh, you know it was a stranger's house, but we were glad to be invited. Uh. We brought you know, snacks, made sure that we weren't uh we weren't just like I don't know bo guardian is the right word, but you know, like we wanted to show up and be good guests, you know, don't show up and t handed type of stuff, and uh yeah, we were having a blast. We had some drinks together, some other stuff that I probably shouldn't go into. But uh then, uh, it turns out that there was supposed to be another couple there and this was it wounded up being just one guy, and so it was an odd number that night. So that's already where it starts to get weird, because uh yeah, it's like we've got I feel like everybody's got their own rules about this kind of stuff. And uh yeah, I mean we didn't mind it when it was just the drinking and the chatting, but then it gets to the bedroom and that's when it starts to get a little uncomfortable. But uh, I mean I think because we're so new, we were like not not sure what to say about it. Uh And I know that's definitely on us for not for not speaking up, you know.
Speaker 1: So, I mean there were five.
Speaker 5: There were seven total, seven totally.
Speaker 1: Seven oh seven. I mean, look, okay, I mean look what. Yeah, by the time there's seven, it's like, is there is there we even going to notice that there's an odd number.
Speaker 6: We definitely noticed, We definitely noticed. He was like watching every.
Speaker 5: It kind of put us on edge, you know, like we we had to keep looking over our shoulder and make sure that made sure.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, wait, wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, Olivia, Yes, do you want to talk now?
Speaker 6: I just was saying that with seven people, it was definitely weird because he was like sitting in a chair like watching everybody, and it was weird, and we kept being afraid that he was going to get up and try to come join in.
Speaker 1: Well isn't that the I mean, you guys went to an orgy?
Speaker 5: I guess so. Yeah, but like I said, like a lot of everybody's got different rules and okay, it's certain, yeah, certain things weren't communicated.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 5: And also, by the way, well this guy was not supposed to but we we thought that he had a girl and she couldn't make it. We don't know if like they had like a falling out or something, but it seemed to us like he might have gotten dumped. And uh, yeah, he was invited for I don't know. I mean, they knew each other more than we knew them, so we couldn't, you know, say anything about who they were having over to their house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So Okay, so this guy was there, it made you uncomfortable? And then how did this lead to what would you describe as a I mean, did this how did this situation kind of progress?
Speaker 5: Okay, so it gets to get a little bit later. Everyone's having fun. This guy is sitting in his chair and like two of the girls are you know, playing with him. But we don't really like to do that with single people. That's kind of one of our rules. Got so, uh, that's fine, Like if they want to, if they want to, you know, hang out with him, that's fine, But it also kind of leaves it leaves an extra rod, if you know what I'm saying, Like, yeah, there's there wasn't there wasn't enough women to go around for this many guys. Ah, if if you wanted to like be one on one, I guess, And like I said, just look like like the uh the fear of having not a fear, I guess, but like just having to look over our shoulders and make sure that nothing untoward was going on on our end, because like you know, you're you're not always going to be able to to look at who's in these situations. You're not always going to be able to see who's who's in your periphery.
Speaker 1: I guess sure.
Speaker 5: So we wanted to make sure that only the people that were consented to were touching this, you know, right.
Speaker 1: So well, okay, so I mean it says here, uh that the couple that you went swinging with, it says you've you seem like they were upset at you guys for quote talking about bisexuality.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, that that's kind of is that the issue there?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: What yeah, no problem? Uh so, uh that part is more related to me. Uh and I think what kind of There were few things that kind of brought that up. One of them being this odd number and not knowing what to do with that extra guy, and then another one being the drinking and the other stuff that we were talking about. Let's just say that we were feeling ecstatic. Uh and uh, I get a little like touchy and grabby, and I hadn't done it in a while. So I was like, well, let me vocalize this and see how see how everybody's feeling about this, because like, there's an there's an extra dude here, what do we do about that? So I asked, hey, how does how does everybody feel about like it?
Speaker 2: Wasn't odd.
Speaker 5: I mean, it wouldn't be obvious to everyone, but I mean, I think the majority of people are okay with like girl and girl stuff. But I felt like I had to ask, so, how do you guys feel about like guy on guy stuff? And I think, you know, in the back of my mind, I was thinking, because there's an extra guy, like, somebody's got to you know, make sure that that you know every like everybody's involved.
Speaker 1: I guess so you you were about to take one for the team and hook up with this extra guy, you could.
Speaker 5: Call it that, sure, Yeah, I mean mainly so that, like so that the three guys that were in a couple could could have their own their own their own girls, their own lady partner, not not their own, but you know, so that the three guys that were in a couple could have a swapping situation and not have to worry about this extra guy.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm having trouble keeping track of all these numbers, but continue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought I thought that that's kind of why we called because it was it was it kind of frazzled us, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So, so so you vocalized to the group, hey, is it. Okay, if I hook up with this one guy that's sitting here, yes, yeah, okay, what is what happens?
Speaker 5: Not specifically him, just like just a guy in general, just so that like so that everybody would have like somebody to be with.
Speaker 1: Okay. So you're you're like, hey, do the other dudes here also like dudes and one hook up with me? Yes exactly, yes, yes, okay. And then what happened?
Speaker 5: Uh, Like I said, I think the kind of the mood started to turn a little bit, so maybe not sour, but definitely tangy. And we went out to get like a like a I don't know, something to drink or something. We stepped out of the room and the guy that invited us, the guy that invited us there, uh kind of uh took us, took us aside to this other room and like expressed to us, hey, you know, like I'm not going to judge you for something like this, but there are people in that room that get turned off and don't feel comfortable with talking about stuff like that. And you know, like we were all inegraated. So I was like yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, okay, but you know, after a couple of days of thinking about it. I'm like, why didn't this come up when I asked the question, why did we have to go into like this separate room and be talked to about this like we're children rather than just everybody like talk about it as adults. And yeah, they haven't gotten black.
Speaker 1: What did what Olivia is just say, I want to talk to Olivia.
Speaker 6: Oh just a that night. They haven't like contacted us really and we've like tried to talk to them, and they've been like very like cold and short with us, and we're like, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: I guess, And so I.
Speaker 5: Guess the main I look, I mean look it.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, tell me what the main the main question is, I.
Speaker 5: Suppose, Yeah, like basically, how do we breach these topics with people that you know, we hope to still consider friends. But like if if they've got like not very good reasons for uh, I guess, you know, separating us from the group, then we probably won't want to be friends with them. But we want to know how to start this conversation.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I can, I mean, I have all right, I think I understood everything you just told me, but I I am.
Speaker 5: If you want to reiterate, go ahead and.
Speaker 1: Then where I am eighty percent charge just understood everything you just said to me.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a passing threate.
Speaker 1: You asked me. You you said, Okay, how do we iterate? I mean you you? You did? You said to the group, hey, are you guys cool with guys hooking up with guys? And you did it? You said it. You you asked, just now, how do I articulate myself to the group? You? You did? You articulated yourself to the group in a way that sounds to me very clear, very vocal, and so great.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: The group reacted in a way that is unfavorable for whatever reason that I think is almost not even worth speculating upon. And they reacted however they reacted. It's whatever. Different things make different people uncomfortable when they're in a situation like that. Okay, and you want to be and your thing is that you still want to be friends with these folks.
Speaker 5: Yes, uh, but obviously not if it's like a like a I mean, the that's sort a big word out there, Like if they're bigoted about it, then we definitely don't want to see them again. But if it was just like an uncomfortable thing, and like maybe they didn't know how to vocalize it. That's totally understandable. But we want to be able to start this conversation that we're having.
Speaker 1: With you, okay, with them with do.
Speaker 5: You do you?
Speaker 1: Okay? Okay, all right, all right, okay, I think I'm starting to understand this more now you are interpreted, Okay, you are interpreting their reaction to you asking the group if guys in the group can hook up with other guys as a homophobic reaction.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 5: That's the that's the problem is that we're we're running all the scenarios through our head and we just don't know which one, which one it could be, But we want to find out, So we want to ask these people, but we don't know how to bring it up.
Speaker 1: What exactly do you want to ask them?
Speaker 5: So like basically like are are people upset with us? Or like did we make did we make them uncomfortable? Like why didn't they want to Like it's several questions. Why didn't they like want to keep talking? Uh uh? Why didn't they talk to us instead of sending somebody else to send the message? And ultimately like if they still want to be friends.
Speaker 1: Okay, Kevin, uh And Olivia, Okay, listen, I think I think, uh, from from where I sit this thing and I don't know. I don't know you guys, but I guess from where I sit right now, this thing that was supposed to be a fun adventure for you guys has turned into something weird and anxious and stressful. Yes, And so I would just if if you have had a bad experience for whatever reason you know, I mean, it sounds like you don't have enough information to to to label it correctly, just tell these people, just Kevin, if I were you, I would just tell these people you just want to be friends with them, and then and then if you and your partner desire to swing again, go find another group to swing with. I I believe it as simple as that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Olivia, Olivia, what did you want to say?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: I like your answer. I think that's a good answer.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: I hope you guys have a good are you guys? Seem like you're gonna have fun with your lives. I hope you keep doing that. Of course, thank you? Is is there anything else you want to say to the people the computer before we go.
Speaker 5: You guys need to honestly, you need to share all those links that you see in the corner. You need to share those with everybody that you know and pump up the numbers on this stream. Oh yeah, okay, send people to therapy, get go, send people to Lyle Forever, send them to these guys, to this guy's links, because I want to see those numbers get bigger.
Speaker 1: You guys, don't put me on while you're having the orgies, do you.
Speaker 6: Yet?
Speaker 5: We will? Now?
Speaker 1: Okay? Cool? Because I feel like if you're if you're talking about sharing new people, yeah, that would get that, that would bring up the numbers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to you guys soon, right on.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Lyle, Love you.
Speaker 1: Okay. I feel like I blacked out for that entire call, but I that's why I said I understood about eighty five percent of it. Swinging sounds fun. I don't know. I feel like that that could be interesting. I've never been to an orgy before, but I would. I don't know if I you'd have to get me there first. You never know how you're gonna you never know how you're gonna react in any situation. Really, you can hypothesize, but you never really know until you're there. I would stand like if I I would observe an orgy, for sure, I would observe one and be like, that's an orgy. But I don't. I don't know if I would take place in one. Just yet, I don't. I know. I genuinely don't know. I wouldn't know if I'm there, but so I don't. I don't know if I would, how I would stumble upon one. I don't think I would go actively seek one ounce, but I don't know. I travel a lot, I go around places. The chances of me stumbling upon one is not out of the question. So who knows. Maybe one day I'll find out. But I'm not wearing the suit. Maybe i'll wear the suit. I don't know. All questions that maybe or maybe not one day be answered goes on the line, making your phone calls.
Speaker 2: Every night, the.
Speaker 1: Beacon goes to his hide. He's teaching you cloud in the men of your life. Money's not ready an expert