Speaker 1: It is time now for my Strawberry Letter for today, and if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to Steve HARVEYFM dot com and click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this letter right here, right now.
Speaker 2: You never know it could be yours.
Speaker 3: You never know it could be yours. Buckle up and hold on tight. We got it for you here. It is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 1: Now if you thank you? Subject, What would you do in my situation? Dear Stephen Shirley, my wife. My wife had a side dude, and I'm trying to figure out my next move. She admitted to having sex more than a few times with the guy that she works with. She said it was over and she wanted to come clean. I told her she could keep seeing him because I was done with her. I started sleeping on the sofa in our bedroom and I let her have the bed. Then she started staying out all night, and she said she might as well do whatever she wants to do since I didn't want her anymore. For weeks, she begged to have sex with me, but I just couldn't do it. I still can't. She used to yell and scream at me at night, late at night, so our twins quickly caught on to what was going on. She figured since they're eighteen and grown in her eyes, that they should know what was going on. They sided with me, and now they won't speak to their mom. They want her to move out, but I cannot put her out because it would make me look bad.
Speaker 2: I have a respectable.
Speaker 1: Job and the rumors would be bad for me in my professional and personal life. My best friend said that I should forget what people think and move on with my life. But it's not that simple. My wife and I have spent all of our savings on the children, and they both got new cars for graduation. I cannot afford to start over. I'm fifty four and broke. The twins will be moving out eventually, so I'm holding out until I can move into one of their rooms when they leave. The tension is heavy in the house. So if you were me, would you move out and start over from the bottom or stay in the house. Wow, I mean, there's so much going on in this letter from your wife cheating to her coming back, and then wanting you and saying it was over and it's a guy at the job. Okay, you say you're done though, right, you said you're done. So if you're sure that you're done with this situation, why don't you and your wife get a divorce? And never suggests that to people. That's your own, you know, situation and problem to work out. But in this case, since you're done and she'd cheated, you can, you know, end this marriage, sell the house. The money that you make off the sale can be split between the two of you, and hopefully it would be enough for you both to start over. You're the one that wants to start over and it's done with the wife. The money you make off the house, like I said, it can be split. Hopefully you can you you know, can find something reasonable. You're not alone, I have to tell you that, because most men hate the idea of some side dude sleeping with their wife and being with their wife in any kind of way, and they rarely take their wives back.
Speaker 2: So you're not alone in that area.
Speaker 1: Women, on the other hand, are the ones who will forgive their husbands, you know a lot of the times, not all the time, but they do it at a more steadily paced than men. I'll just say that they stay with the husbands usually. It sucks that your wife's cheating has turned your life upside down and messed everything up. It sucks that your children are no longer speaking to her. She's ruined that relationship. This is a mess. And yeah, I do think that you guys probably should split up, make a clean break. You get your own space, and she has her own space. Nephew, Tommy started from the bottom. Now I'm here, all right, let's try to break it down. Tom going to try to give you some ready to live approach. How about that something that's gonna try to make some sense that if I can. All right, I've been mad with myself twenty five years, twenty five years, so maybe I can help.
Speaker 3: You with just what what a normal relationship look like. Ain't no side, dude, ain't no sex. A few times with somebody and that that ain't that. It ain't out all night hanging out. I don't know where you're at. You coming and going like you want to. Uh, you ain't in the house acting the food big and for sex. You ain't screaming to the top of your lungs in front of the kids now they know what's going on. You live in a mess, so you try and hold on. You're trying not to start from the bottom all over again. Well you may have to. I think you got to. You're gonna have to start somewhere, but you got to put an end to this mess that you're in. You already you pretty much have decided you don't want this no more, and I agree with you. I wouldn't want this either. I would not want to go another first. So now you're sleeping somewhere else. You're waiting on one of the kids to leave so you can sleep in that room while we doing all that? Why are we doing all that? As Shirley said, let's get rid of his house. Let's at least have a conversation enough to say, we're gonna get rid of this house. Whatever we get, let's just break it down the middle. You go your way, out, go my way. That's what you want. But you're also worried about what other people think. And that's your problem. At this point, when everything is broken down to beat this band, they can't be about what everybody else think. Probably half the people see what is broken anyway, So quit worrying. About that, worry about how you're gonna fix this, and how you keep your relationship with your children. That's what's important. How do you take care of yourself, how do you keep your relationship with your two children and make sure that they're straight as they get ready to go off to school and they get ready to start their adulthood. That's what you want to be focused on. As far as her, Let's figure out how we can resolve this in a man of where it doesn't explode. It doesn't explode the way she do when she in there trying to have sex and you don't want it no more. Let's let's just figure out how can we do that. Now here's a yes. Because the last thing you should be wanting is to live in this house. It's too much to happen in this house, all right, It's got too many memories in it. You don't want to be here. So I suggest a nice let's just I mean, they're not gonna like it, but let's just start Saturday morning a nice little garage. Say just start bringing start with one room, just start bringing everything, putting it out on the yard, and we're gonna start making a little money so we can start having some coins so we can eventually we go another two weeks. We probably gonna have a whole living room, dining room out there. We get rid a piece by piece.
Speaker 2: All right, nephew, thank you.
Speaker 1: Coming up, we'll have part two of our responses to this strawberry letter at twenty three minutes after. The subject is what would you do in my situation? We'll talk about it right after this fell hall car too. You're listening hardy warning.
Speaker 4: Show ever notice your floors still look dirty even after you mop. Power Mop gives you a deeper clean you can see and feel. Unlike stream mops sore for power Mop absorbs more dirt and locks it away even and hard to reach places like behind the toilet. The new micro scrubbers deliver thousands of tiny, deep cleaning actions for results that look, smell, and feel clean. No more dirty floors. Try the swear for power Mop, love it or your money back.
Speaker 1: It is time now to recap the Strawberry letter. The subject is what would you do in my situation? Mann wrote this letter. He said his wife has a side guy, side piece, side dude, and he's trying to figure out his next move. His wife admitted to having sex more than a few times with this guy.
Speaker 2: It's a guy from work.
Speaker 1: She said it was over and she wanted to come clean, so she was honest about everything with her husband. Her husband, needless to say, did not like this. He says he is through with his wife, but they're having some financial difficulties because they both used up their savings to buy their twins cars and so he says he's fifty four and broke now, so he doesn't have anywhere to go. Basically, he's waiting for the twins to become eighteen so he can move into one of their rooms hopefully.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 1: The tension is really heavy in the house. If you were me, what would you do? Would you move out or start from the bottom or stay in the house. Meanwhile, his wife is still in the house and she's screaming at him every night to come and have sex with her, but he won't do it because again he's done with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Junior, what do you say? What I say?
Speaker 5: You know, like times said, he'd been married twenty five years, you know, and he got a healthy marriage and that's good. But I'll tell you right now, you can be married four years and know this ain't right. You could be married yesterday and know this ain't right. I just don't understand this. She came in and confessed she had a side and she had sex with him a few times. Now you sitting there listening to this, I don't know what we're doing here. We're doing way too much. This is way too much we were doing. You know, we be being kind way too much. We've been doing way too much. We sleeping in different areas in our own home, way too much. Because of a confession that she made that she's sleeping with another guy that's a cowork. We're doing way too much.
Speaker 2: And so what would I do. I'm not leaving my home.
Speaker 5: This ain't where y'all having sex at. I'm not leaving. But you finnah go. You finna get out, You finna go. This ain't even healthy. You ain't got to take this. You do not have to take this. This is what you don't understand. You keep talking about what should I do? You're not doing nothing.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You wrote us, so that means she's still in there.
Speaker 5: You didn't it took time to write this letter, but you let her stay. This is what you're doing. This is not a great position for you to be in. You're doing way too much. Your kids got to hit us too. Now she's so crazy. She said, I'm the eighteen, so I might well gonna tell them, And the kids got enough sense to know, well, Mama, you wrong.
Speaker 2: The kids know.
Speaker 5: So if the kids know, then that means you should just protect your children, and said you are the ones that gonna be gone over that with your man gonna be that gon't be what your side do because you don't want her to know you ain't got to have sex with her.
Speaker 3: It ain't.
Speaker 5: It ain't gonna be the same.
Speaker 2: That's that guilt sex.
Speaker 5: Like, if I just get them back in this bedroom, I can fix this.
Speaker 2: I can stay.
Speaker 5: No you can't. No, no, you can't. You can't fix not set Saint Finn fix it. It's gonna it's gonna make You'll be in a whole world of hurts after that. So what you do is says, she don't want to leave. Let Brenda start coming over. Not your side chick, Brenda, your main chick.
Speaker 2: Now let her see Brenda. Let let Brenda come in there.
Speaker 5: You need somebody who understands you in eye contact, that makes statements.
Speaker 2: That's the woman you need. She don't deserve you.
Speaker 5: And look you there in your eyes, she don't deserve you. You better than that.
Speaker 2: M hmm.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be here for you.
Speaker 2: See, you need.
Speaker 5: Somebody to build you back up. God, she got somebody. But it ain't gonna be the same though, because he ain't the same man you are.
Speaker 2: That's the fine. He ain't even half the man you are. Wow.
Speaker 5: See that that's a that's a cheap way for him to say, I got you know you didn't. You freed me, is what you.
Speaker 2: Did, because now I know what I got. Now you know what you got? Uh huh you you you got?
Speaker 5: You got somebody who never appreciated you. The only thing you got good at this whole deal is your kids. You ain't broke, you rich. You got to twins. That's who you're working for. Man, you don't need her.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, we're running short on funds, though, we're running short on funds. But just just a recommendation. They twins, can't we They pretty much go everywhere together? Can we.
Speaker 2: Together? Day?
Speaker 5: You may have to, you know what I'm saying. Outfit Somebody go with a shirt, somebody go with a jeans.
Speaker 2: Find a different time you ain't. Haven't got y'all not gonna look like for a while.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you guys something. You can't go ahead? Did I go ahead?
Speaker 1: I want to ask you guys something as men, because I know this is hard. You know, more women forgive their husbands and take them back when they cheat than men take their wives back when they cheat. Why what is that is because you guys are so territorial or what is that about that men don't usually take their wives back after their wives cheat.
Speaker 5: I got you a house, I got you a car. What do you mean I'll give you a place. I've given you safety. You find it in somebody else. They ain't got to do it. Get everything that I built and didn't got to put in no work. That's where you need to be.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't think a man can get U the visual out of his head. Yeah that's someone that's someone that's been with what's his I don't think a man can get that out of his head. The territory for for for women who have been able to get it out and.
Speaker 2: Go on and and uh some women, yeah, you know a lot of them.
Speaker 3: Move on and accept your apology and keep it moving and fix your relationship. I bout down to them, but but for men, it's that visual, not that you saw it, but you are imagining it. You're just not gonna ever get that out of to It's just not gonna leave your head, all right. That's why I don't understand this whole threesome message. I can't get that out of mind, all right.
Speaker 1: Leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram at Steve Harvey FM, and check out the Strawberry Letter podcast and the free iHeartRadio app coming up next to this Junior and sports talk.
Speaker 2: Right after this, you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show