Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show, your war room for insider news and draft analysis from deep within the confines of Cowboys headquarters at the Star and Frisco.
Speaker 2: It is what is today, Tuesday, February twenty, twenty twenty four, and we are sixty five days away from the NFL.
Speaker 3: Confident about that.
Speaker 4: I am confident of sixty five days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. See, I got it right there we go. It was still loading on my screen, but sixty five days away and we're welcoming you into the Draft Show, presented by Miller Lights alongside Nick Harris, Saq Wolchuck, I'm Kyle Yeoman's a little bit of a lighter crew today. No Aisha, no Bobby Nobrian this week, but we will possibly have Aisha back on Thursday, and then we will keep on rolling with Bobby and Brian as well Chris Beam in the back. There is a couple weeks here, and we talked about this a little bit on Talking Cowboys earlier a Zach. But this is just the lull of the offseason because there's no free agency. Yeah, there's no combine yet, there's no numbers to go off of. It's just basically conversation week before we go to ending next week. But there's not a whole lot going on. But it's a chance for everybody to start watching a lot of film, right it sure is.
Speaker 5: We can all get caught up if you know, during the super Bowl week, like we were out there in Vegas is our station with one O five through the fans. So now is a really good time to dive in right before the combine. We're gonna get a lot of new information for the combine as well. I think some of the most fun is just what's going on with the Bears. You know, you've got all the rumors with the trade possibilities with the number one overall pick. Do they want to maintain stuff with their quarterback? I feel like much like last year with the Bears move that pick to Carolina, they are kind of controlling everything with the draft. Is it a division rival that ends up going ahead and swapping from two to get up to one, which could be scary depending on how you feel about Caleb Williams.
Speaker 4: But I do think some of the trade.
Speaker 5: Draft scenarios now are where things start to get a little juicy and fun as we start to see some of these mock drafts come out and all these trade possibilities. Really, I think you're catching my eye.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gosh, if you're thinking about Chicago here and they trade back to two, let's say Washington trades up to one, they could still trade back and pick up more, so they could from from there. So, yeah, they really have.
Speaker 4: The there are the great spots.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have the world in the palm of their hands going into this draft. I think it's a really good point. I think a lot of the things that we're still kind of answering questions with as far as the draft goes and the sixty five days before we get there is what Chicago will do, and I think there will be a huge trickle down effect as part of that. So we'll just kind of see these next few weeks go on. I think combin is gonna be a really really important time for the Chicago front office to get with some get with some people and see what offers they like for both the number one overall pick and Justin Fields or I had to bring both of them in and kind of go from there, which I would be shocked if that happens. But according to reports out of Chicago, it's not out of the realm of possibilities.
Speaker 5: All things in Atlanta is interesting. I mean, you know they're in the business for a quarterback there as well. And where they're sitting in the first round do they are they a team that wants to move up? Do they want to get into conversations there with Justin Fields.
Speaker 4: Are they looking to.
Speaker 5: Try and move from eight up into that top three? And I think the Cowboys, and I know Brian has mentioned this as well, at twenty four in the back end of that first round, I mean, depending on how many of these quarterbacks go off the board. I mean, I think there's a lot of teams that do like Michael Pennix junior, and you're starting to see JJ McCarthy go pretty high in some of these mocks, which look, I mean, I talked about it last week. I don't necessarily view JJ McCarthy as one of those guys, but other teams do they look at his skill set and say, hey, that can be one of our organizational foundational pieces there at quarterback. But at twenty four, Cowboys might be in a good position where there's a team that wants to move up that didn't end up getting their quarterback. They want to get that fifth year option, and then you can move back and trying to acquire some extra pick. So that could be a sweet spot there at twenty four.
Speaker 4: We've talked about this a couple times already, the scenarios that could play out whenever you are trading away and you're trying to pick up selections in a draft where you don't have a fourth round pick, fifth round pick, sixth round pick before the comps come in later in the process. But I think it's very likely that you could get there now if the right players there at twenty four and they sit in that draft room up there, and they're sitting in the war room, and they're having these conversations. They're saying, this guy can help us win football games right now. I think all of a sudden, you're taking the guy and you're not worrying about it moving forward because you've got a head coach that's on a one year deal that's got to win now. But if you're saying, hey, there's three or four picks down the road that we could maybe get to at twenty eight, twenty nine, thirty that could still help us win now, and you can pick up a second round and a third round player that you could play at some point down the line as well. I think you make that move. I wanted to ask the question though, because you guys brought it up. What are you doing if you're the Chicago Bears at one? Are you trading the pick or are you taking the quarterback first? Whoever it may be? In Drake May I mean Caleb Williams yea, his favorite. It's easy for me.
Speaker 5: I'm taking Caleb Williams. Yeah, because I think and I wonder your thoughts on this, Nick, but I'm resetting, you know, my rookie contract scale. I think you've seen and I think Justin Fields has potential change of scenery. I don't think Justin Fields is a bad player. Health has been an issue there. He has not had a lot to work with. He's had constant turnover at offensive coordinator. They've tried to rebuild that offensive line. He finally got a good receiver this past year with Dj Moore, and I thought he played some of his best football towards the bat Cap. So I can see another team like the Atlanta Falcons maybe wanting to say, hey, we're not in the top three. We're not gonna get one of these guys we'll trade for Justin Fields. Maybe it's their top pick in the second round, but I'm taking Caleb Williams.
Speaker 4: I think he is just that much more of a prospect. Ken. Can you get a first round pick for Justin Fields? I think so.
Speaker 5: Do you think you get a one? I think most likely a high to top ten to one.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't think these teams Knew England, Arizona, La, New York, Tennessee, Atlanta. I don't think they're trading their pick this year for Justin Fields like that. Yeah, I don't think they're doing that. But what you could see doing is maybe one of these teams later on in Indianapolis, they just drafted a quarterback, probably a bad example. One of these other teams that doesn't have a quarterback that's in the later parts of the first round. Then you turn around and you say, hey, let's go get this guy and we can ship this off, and all of a sudden, you know what it could be is one of those scenarios where it ends up being a second rounder, Like maybe it is Atlanta's second round pick forty three overall. But what you can do is put stipulations in the trade, much like we've seen with Calvin Ridley and that move that Atlanta did with Jacksonville, where if they go ahead and resign him all of a sudden, that moves up from a third to a second round pick. If Atlanta makes the playoffs, now it's a first round pick for next year or whatever it is. I mean, maybe there's types of language that.
Speaker 5: You can put in the deal, but I don't know that a team's just going to give a straight up one for Justin Fields right now.
Speaker 4: Yattle, it's a quarterback, it's a starting quarterback. I think a one is necessary, at least that's what I think Chicago would need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I understand that it really depends what team is, what team is having that discussion with Chicago. At the end of the day, you know what team is so needy where they would give up a one. I think you look at Denver, you look at Vegas, you look at the Saints. I think those are and those guys literally those teams twelve, thirteen to fourteen in the first round. Maybe gosh, I was thinking about Seattle. But if you're trading for Justin Fields and you're trading A one. You're expecting him to play this year and Gino Smith is locked in there, so I don't know, it's it's going to be an interesting, interesting decision for Chicago to make. But also any team that would be calling Chicago about Justin Fields going into the fourth year of his rookie deal, a fifth year option you know still open to be exercised. So that's a that's a two year quarterback rental basically before you have to make the decision on signing him long term or letting him walk, and or would you be okay letting him walk if you gave up a first round pick? So that's those are the questions you have to ask yourself if you're trying to trade for Justin Fields there. But I again, man, Chicago's got all of the cards right in their hand off fifty two and they're just showing I know, they're showing everything.
Speaker 5: Now I'm a little envious. You know, it'd be fun right now to be part of that bear that bears war room.
Speaker 3: Because the first time you can say that while it is.
Speaker 4: Because I mean and they got to hit on it.
Speaker 5: I mean, trust me, they're in a situation where if they end up fumbling the bag on this, You're gonna look back and say, oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: So what is Yeah. Absolutely people are gonna be losing their jobs. Yeah. I was about to say when it's fun for us to talk about that means it's probably not super.
Speaker 3: Fun decisions a lot of sleepless nights.
Speaker 5: I do want to circle back as we talked about, you know, the trade back scenario at twenty four, and you said, like, okay, depending on who's on the board, and you're right, I mean that there's certain players that you probably don't want to move off of. And as we've kind of looked at some of these mocks and we get a feel for, like, realistically the options of who could be there at twenty four for the Cowboys? Are there some names that you know, Okay, depending on who's this team that's calling, whether it's Indie, whether it's Atlanta.
Speaker 4: I'm not moving on twenty four. I'm staying home and I'm taking that pick.
Speaker 3: Are you asking are you asking do you stay You're you're staying at twenty.
Speaker 4: Foot or what?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Who would be the players where you're staying at twenty four? I'm not trading mell Okay, Jacks Johnson, Oregon.
Speaker 3: Other than that, like, I'm okay with kind of moving around. I think this tackle class is deep enough to where you can kind of take a gamble. I'm moving back three or four spots, and if you lose out on a Jordan Morgan or Tyler Geiden, you can still jump on a Kingsley Suemataiah or Goodness, I'm blanking off the top of my head right now, but there's really good tackles that you could still take in that late first round, early second round type of range. Patrick Paul I've talked about him a few times. Troy Fountain Oh out of Washington. So that's that's another.
Speaker 4: One Mary's ms from Georgia. We brought him up. Can we talk about Fountain O a little bit out of Washington. I don't know if we've hit on him specifically. I saw him mocked to the Cowboys in one specific mock draft earlier this week, but anything there, I mean it goes back to what you're talking about. The depth of this tackle class is significant. So if you don't get the America the mayor as mems early on, you don't get the Morgan's or the Tyler Guidins, you can make something happen. Why is Fonteo up there as a potential as well?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think you look at between Fountain and Fatanu, So I'm gonna go fountain O here. I think I've said Fatanu and pass shows. We're just kind of go show by show basis on that. He's got some guardflex, He's got some He's shorter, shorter wingspan, but really violent and how he plays guys in a close range. And so you see that in what he was able to do at Washington in that in that area, and you want him playing in that phone booth at the next level. That's what some scouts are looking at. So he has that guardflex that you could possibly slide him inside and you can be comfortable doing that. Where that kind of becomes tricky for the Cowboys is what do you do with Tyler Smith in that instance? Do you push him out to tackle or do you want Fountain no at tackle? I think that's something you play with whenever you had that guy in the building and you figure it out. I think if I'm making the pick in the first round, I don't I'm getting a true tackle that can play at left tackle and can be super mobile. Can be aggressive, and there's no question about him being a left tackle. That's me But I also understand the case for wanting a guy with a guard flex so you can have a little bit more flexibility there as far as what you can do with Tyler Smith, what you can do with this new kid, and just kind of go from there. But I think Fountain No definitely falls into that latter category as a guy who does have flex. If the Cowboys pull the trigger on him, then they're gonna have a lot of work to do near your training camp to figure out what his position is best at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got him as a guard. I just think he's got that guard body type. Now, you're absolutely right, violent, plays through the whistle, good body control, strength, uses his hands well like his punch gets to the second level.
Speaker 4: Can he play tackle? I do think he could, but I think.
Speaker 5: He translates best to playing kicking inside and playing guard at the next level. So if you're the Cowboys, I'm looking at it. I am moving Tyler Smith back outside to left tackle, and I'd be playing him at left guard, or maybe he ends up being a future right guard replacement if you wanted to move him over for Zach Martin, depending on how many years he wants to play there. But I looked at him and just from my tapes to because I mean he was listed at six to two. I think he ended up measuring it at sixty four, which was pretty good. So I mean, hey, he's a little bit taller than I initially thought when you watch him, just the way that he's built, I just think he fits better inside of that guard spot. But he's smart and he is a guy that you mentioned that flexibility if you have injuries across the line. I do think he's capable of kicking outside and playing tackle.
Speaker 4: I'm currently looking for his pronunciation guide. It's not easy. Washington didn't have it readily available, but we'll get there initially. But do you have anybody that you what is your short list of guys that you would stay at twenty four to four?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I don't think that Fuaga is going to make it to you there at twenty four, yes, but I would totally stay in there. So realistically, I'm with you guys on Jackson, Powers, Johnson. I do love Graham Barton. I know we got to look at the medicals. Graham Barton's the guy that I would probably stay in at twenty four.
Speaker 4: Make that pick.
Speaker 5: If a lie to Lotsuo fell to you at twenty four, I think I'd have to consider that as well, because I love him as a player similar to Jared Verse. Otherwise, outside that, like any of those tackles, I do like a bunch of these options, But I don't know that I would be oh my gosh, I love Amarus Mims so much, or I've got to sit in here and take a Tyler get in the offensive tackle out of Oklahoma. I think I would be willing to make that move back to acquire some extra AMO depending on how far that slide is, especially if you can get a one for next year potentially thrown in. I think that's something that I would consider. So I think for me, it's really just one of those center prospects, whether it is Barton Jackson, Power Johnson, or if you get one of those studs to slide to you, like a Quinny and Mitchell, the cornerback from Toledo, somebody that you're not expecting to be there. Similar to a CD Lamb draft at seventeen, when you're on the board, you're like, how the hell is Ceedee Lamb sitting here. Those are probably the names that I would be interested in the more that I.
Speaker 3: Kind of crack down this first round and what teams need and what they could potentially jump on. And this is pretty free agency, so there's still a lot that could play out in this scenario. But you look at seventeen, eighteen, nineteen twenty in the first round, you got Jacksonville seventeen, Cincinnati eighteen, Rams, nineteen Steelers twenty, what do you all four of those teams have in common? They need offensive line and you could make the case at all four of those need tackles as well. So you have to be able to be comfortable going into that first round sticking at twenty four understanding that there's probably going to be a run of offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Absolutely before you get there.
Speaker 3: And we've already talked about Miami's potential to jump on a guy like Jackson Powers Johnson. I think Jackson Powers Johnson could potentially go even earlier when you look at a team like Jacksonville that can make a move like that. But I think if you're comfortable with going into the to the draft knowing that that could happen, then that means you're also comfortable with trading back. So you just kind of have to see as the drafted Shenanigans play out. I think we could have some though. I think there's definitely a possibility to trade back. I think that should be in the minds of everybody. I think going back three four spots and picking up an extra pick somewhere else where, I think you really need it. I think it'd be a great decision.
Speaker 4: Can something happen in free agency to shift that thinking to say, Okay, we've done enough in free agency now it's more likely for Dallas to trade backwards?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean absolutely. I think if what would it take to get to that point, you get a starting caliber offensive lineman.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you go ahead and maybe you sign one of these centers that's going to be available in a free agency, or you make a trade for a guy. You know that you have Tyrone Smith coming back, so you're a little bit more solidified. You feel better at left tackle as well.
Speaker 4: How do you feel if you resign the guys that you are putting on the free agency market, you get Tyler Biattish back and you get Tyron Smith back, is that going to stop you from drafting an offensive lineman in.
Speaker 5: The first It wouldn't stop me because I think you know about the injury risk with Tyron, you know, and so I think you need to upgrade and have a better contingency plan there than what you.
Speaker 4: Have for the right answer, Zach.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I'm still and I got into an argument with some of the guys on the g Back Nation as well about this. It's like, no, because that's a one year deal and I don't care. The point is, Okay, if you take a guy in the first round you want him to play year one, that's great, you love that. But when you look back at the career and if he doesn't pay a play a bunch your one, and he will end up inevitably doing that because Tyrone has not proven he can stay healthy throughout a full season the next four years.
Speaker 4: Did you get him?
Speaker 5: If he's your starting left tackle, are you gonna look back and be like, man, we just didn't get ten games out of him. You're one as a rookie. No, you're not going to care if you got yourself a good player. So now, none of that would stop me from drafting alignment in the first round.
Speaker 4: I had a conversation with this with our great producer Caden Gates, who does a lot of stuff behind the scenes for the Cowboys, does a lot of stuff on the TV side of things, and he listens to every draft show, so he will hear this, and I have no problem bringing this up. But it's a good conversation, he said. From Mike McCarthy's standpoint, is he okay making a selection knowing that you as if you bring back Tyron Smith, you're not going to see your first round pick or any production out of your first round pick except for a handful of games where Tyron Smith is out. Would he be okay doing that? And my answer back to him was I think he would be because it's not a normal situation. You expect Tyron Smith to miss games, You expected him to miss time. Would you rather have a guy elsewhere that's having production. Sure, I'm sure that would be very much so welcome for Mike McCarthy. But you also have a contingency plan, so if Tyron Smith goes out, you're not automatically up a creek without a paddle. Absolutely, you've got that plan of somebody that where you can put something in there, someone in there, and confidently have your offensive line taking care of it.
Speaker 5: Right, I mean, if you have better replacements in place in games like Arizona and Miami this year, do you win those football games?
Speaker 4: It's a fair question, right, So I think it matters.
Speaker 5: It matters for seeding all of these games we've seen with the NFCS going down to some of the final weeks, the final game of the season. I don't think that it would be a reason why. I get it. It's kind of a make or break type of season. I'm just want to take the best player. And I think offensive linemen that's always a position that you can go ahead and hit and it's going to strengthen your football team.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they've been really good at drafting off, really good at it.
Speaker 5: They say, hey, this is a first round lineman, want to take him. I'm saying, hey, go ahead and do it. Being an Oro, get half.
Speaker 3: Of that guy from tol go ahead, Yeah, do it?
Speaker 4: Question all right, when we come back here on the Draft Show, we're going to go into some twitter on the twenty. We've got some great questions. We're gonna be answering here over the next couple of minutes. If you haven't put your question in yet, go on Twitter or x as they call it nowadays. At Kyle Underscore yeomans. It's my pen and ultimate tweet on there, my next to last tweet there. So go and find it. Give us your questions. We'll answer them when we come back.
Speaker 7: Right after this, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snap the.
Speaker 3: Pres scout who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 4: He escapes left. He'll run for punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands, says twenty eleven. They've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 6: I'm Darren Woods, the former Dallas Cowboy player and Super Bowl champion. When I played in the NFL at a high level, I relied on my vision to see the field. As I started getting older, I noticed my vision wasn't as good and I was getting frustrated from wearing my glasses all day. I went to Lasercare Eye Center and Doctor G talked about all the options. Thanks to technology and Lasercare Eye Center, I can see near, far, and between.
Speaker 4: Don't fumble your.
Speaker 6: Vision any longer. Visit them at dfwis dot com and tell them Darren Center they got me back on my game.
Speaker 8: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator and nonilists at Lincoln.
Speaker 9: Hi, I'm Danny mccraig, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our smoothie bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Isai or pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzles. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors only as Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 4: Back here on the Draft Show presented by Miller Lit a taste you can depend on. We've got Zach Wolchuk, Nick Harras, some Kyle Yeomans, and in the back Chris Beam doing a great job. Is always about to hit the button because it's time for some Twitter on the Tit titterre on the twenty as always gets it even better and better every single week. Okay, Tom Downey, good friend of the show, says, who wins it? A state steel cage match? From on the Draft Show, hosts go, I'm just kidding. This is not what we're going to talk about today. It would be pretty funny to talk about, but we've got only a limited amount of time. Yeah, Chris Bean would win. There you go, all right. Anthony Gibbs says if the Cowboys decided to re sign Pollard to a team friendly deal, which running back in this draft class would be the best compliment to Tony Pollard in your opinion.
Speaker 3: We've had this conversation on this show before. I think there's a couple of guys, I know, the guy that you like a lot talking about me. Yeah, yeah, exactly what we got to go with here, Bucky Irving. I think there's so much that you can do with him, and it would be the perfect transition period too. I think if you were to bring back Pollard on a one or two year deal, bring in Bucky Irving and let him sit as the complimentary type guy for one or two seasons, and it would not surprise me if by the end of those one or two seasons Bucky Irving is taking the majority of those snaps and being the being the feature guy there. I think he's I think he's going to be a player in this league for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like Bucky Irving. I think that's definitely a good name. I mean, I think Trey Benson is the best running back in the draft. If you were to take one in the second round, I.
Speaker 3: Agree with you. If you re signed Pollard, do you do get Benson in the second though?
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean I think it depends on how many years is the polar deal? Is another one year contract?
Speaker 4: Two? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I still think I'd be interested there, But if not, I think you guys know. I do like Audric Estime from Notre Dame. I think he's got the perfect size. He's well built, strong, lower body, weaving style of runner. He's good with his jump cuts. I think he's a good player. And then to me, I'm a big fan of Jalen Right from Tennessee. I just always keep coming back to him and Ray Davis, the running back from Kentucky.
Speaker 4: But there's something.
Speaker 5: About Jalen Wright that, you know, if you want to go in the third or fourth round for either of those guys, I think that they're going to excel at the next level. Specifically Jalen Wright, who is in a split backfield there at Tennessee. I think he's got good vision. He is an explosive playmaker type of guy. I know, maybe if you're looking at it, Okay, a compliment to Pollard. Do you want maybe more of a physical, bruising type of runner to Pollard who is the burner type, and hopefully he gets that long speed back being in more eyear removed after the injury.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: I just think that he's a guy that can catch the ball in the backfield. I like jenlen Wright quite a bit five eleven, two ten out of Tennessee.
Speaker 3: I think another question to the same point is, let's say that the Cowboys resigned Tony Pollard on a one or two year deal. Does that give them a little bit more flexibility to take a guy like Jonathan Brooks who you might not have to begin the season, So you can work in guys like Mullen, Davis, Stu's fond in the beginning of the year, see what they can bring from from that perspective, and then once you get to beginning of October, you can really start to ramp up Brooks and see what he can do. From a complimentary standpoint with Pollard. Because we talked about on this show, if you don't resign Pollard, you need a back that can come in and play. Yeah, so you kind of write off Brooks that from that perspective, if you're able to resign Pollard, though, I think that gives you that flexibility of Brian Brooks.
Speaker 5: I think that's a great point. It would make me feel much better about going for Jonathan brooks. S's that could be a red shirt year and the Cowboys will know their doctor did his surgery, so they'll know exactly kind of where he's looking at. That's a great fit Jonathan Brooks. I mean, if it weren't for the injury, he might be my number one running back in the draft. I think him and Benson are won two. The other name that I'll throw out there if you just want in terms of pure compliment, kind of a bigger back next to Paulo would be Isaac Grendo, the running back from Louisville who.
Speaker 4: We got to see here at the start. That dude is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we talked about him a little big subtle, but I mean he moves so well for his size at six one two twenty five bigger back, but he can also catch the ball on the backfield.
Speaker 3: A little bit of injury concerns there hamstring, and he's had a list frank injury as well. That's same injury that Jordan Lewis suffered a couple of years ago. But a four year guy at Wisconsin before transferring to Louisville. I think he's a guy that could be that third down type of guy. But also he's got some legit speed, like he does breakaway speed. He could be up back at the next level. I think that could surprise some people too. But I think he's a Day three guy. You can get a lot of value from Greed.
Speaker 4: Maybe not the day three value that you're talking about, but I'm still I'm all over Korum from Michigan. But I just think from a even though he's got the the carries and the wear and the tear of going through Big ten seasons and being the bell cow for the National Championship Wolverines, I still think he would be a fun compliment for Tony Pollard. And you're taking a chance on a guy who had production in college and is a completely different run style than what Tony Hot Pollard brings to the tape. Sure, all right, let's play this game again, says Red on Twitter. He says, what would be your favorite same school draft combo for the Dallas Cowboys any round? But just two players coming from the same university.
Speaker 3: This is so easy for me. Jackson Powers, Johnson and Buckie are.
Speaker 4: Yeahang man, you love the Ducks, don't you?
Speaker 3: In this draft class, absolutely, There's been other draft classes. Absolutely not Dan Lanning. I think he's doing something there up in Eugene. You see what he was able to do as far as developing defensive talent whenever he was at or excuse me, at Georgia defensive coordinator under Kirby Smart for a long period of time, whenever they were starting that diners out there in Athens and bringing that to Oregon. He brought a lot of personnel guys with him to Georgia that had those same kind of philosophies and mindsets, and they look for a specific type of player and that translates to the offensive side of the ball too. They get mean, nasty guys, physical guys, big prototype type bodies, and they develop those guys at the next level so well. So yeah, I trust where Oregon's at right now.
Speaker 4: Just for Funzi's which could really help this team a lot. Let's go at T.
Speaker 5: Sweat and Jalen Ford from the University of Texas. Okay, I think you know if T Sweat. If you could land him in the second round, maybe go Jalen Ford in the third of the fourth. I'd be into that. I mean, Jalen Ford's a player. Senior Bowl invite, we know he was out there a lot of experience. We got to cover him there at Frisco Long Star. I think T Sweat We've talked about a lot. I mean, he fits exactly what this team needs. They tried to get it with Mazzie Smith, but tough guy to move.
Speaker 4: I mean, heck, you could throw Byron Murphy in there as well.
Speaker 5: But Jalen Ford's a guy that I think two years ago in terms of coverage, maybe the tape a little bit better than this past year. But I think he's a guy that can run with ty ends. You know, sometimes he'll struggle to shed and get off some of the bigger linemen consistently. But that's why you want to have that T Sweat in front of him. Some of those bigger bodies that really did a great job at keeping him clean. High motor works towards the line of scrimmage. Sure tackler big fan of Jalen Ford out of Texas as well. I mean Texas has some guys we've had drafts where they have had nobody taken. This year, you look at the University of Texas and there's some players that you really really like.
Speaker 3: I think something very interesting about Jalen Four too. He had an opportunity to come out as a junior. He was getting Day two type of love at that point. He's like, Hey, if you have a really good process, really good combine, you can go out there. You could possibly be a third round pick. Didn't have as great of a year this past season, and that's not to say he didn't have a good year at all, and he was a really big part of that defense that Texas put together behind defensive coordinator peek with Kowski, and he was a big part of what they did from just being able to kind of be a traffic cop for the defense and manage everything and do what he does in the second level. But I think there's still a lot of value you can get there. Because he's starting to slip to early Day three in this year's draft, it's a little bit deeper at linebacker, So yeah, I think there's not an opportunity to take a guy like a Jayalen Four in the fourth or fifth and get a really good value out of it.
Speaker 5: I wish it was just a little more sold on Van Pran out of Georgia. It's not like I don't like him, but I'm not in love with him, because then I could pair him with Bullard, my safety, who I adore.
Speaker 4: See I so initially I was going to make the joke of Michigan just because of how that worked out in the past, and everybody would just kind of make the joke. There are two good Michigan players that you that would help your football team. Junior Colson the linebacker, and you've got Blake korm who we just mentioned it earlier. That would be a fun little double dip. Guys.
Speaker 5: Junior Colson's he's he's nice. I think he's my number one line he.
Speaker 4: Might be up there. I have him as number four right now, mostly because I'm a coward. I need to move him up though, I mean it's because I don't want to put him above Peyton Wilson and Jeremiah Trotter Junior because I love those two guys.
Speaker 5: But Colson, why in fairness a right, Peyton Wilson is my favorite linebacker, right and the only reason I've like kind of you know, tapered off is because of the medical issues with him.
Speaker 4: It's that's kind of all of that.
Speaker 5: But man, Junior Coulson and I get it, like there's the phobia of the Michigan But he's big and you watch him in that college football playoff and he is running around with a club on his hand against Alabama in the National Championship game against Washington and he is making every single tackle and he can cover. He's a three down player, which is important. You need to look at that in today's game. Is he gonna be on the field for two downs and you have to sub ount nickel and dime packages. No, you can leave Junior Colson out there. I've got a second round great on him, but I do think he might be the best all around linebacker in the draft.
Speaker 4: I've got a second on him as well. It's like a late second right now. I think he's a legitimate player. The other one I was gonna say, though, was your Georgia connection. Why not a Marius Mimsy and Lad mcconkley at the second level the wide receiver.
Speaker 5: Get get a little funzo at the end of it. You know, McConkey is just hockey is he is so shifty. I mean he played basketball as well in high school. A smaller guy, right, So you look at the catch radius, it's not quite there, but he is so quick. He wins immediately off the line of scrimmage, the natural separation and you look at these next gen stats that come out in Ceedee Lamb. I think drank second in the entire NFL when it came to separation, which is a credit also to Mike McCarthy and some of the scheme in the design that they're doing offensively. But Lad McConkie has just a natural ability to look and he's got three to five yards, he's wide open. He dominates over the middle feast with those crossing rounds, which you know the Cowboys really love. I mean Mems I said it last week. Would it shock me if Amarus Mims we look up four years from now and he's the best tackle out of this class. No, he's got extreme talent. The question is you look at seven eight games started, but in those games where he played, he was playing in high leverage situations.
Speaker 4: Is really really good.
Speaker 5: But Lad McConkie is a fun player and he can be a factor on special teams and the hands. I mean, he might have some of the best hands in the entire class.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think something very interesting about the receiver position in regards to the Dallas Cowboys going into free agency, you don't really have room right now to take a receiver in the top three rounds. I think there should be an emphasis going into free agency to be able to have that flexibility after free agency reps. You would love to be able to grab a receiver in the third round and not feel like, oh God, we really got to hit on this guy or else.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at wins first pick, and I'm looking at McConkie in the third.
Speaker 3: That's kind of why mccaukie is not going to be there in the third.
Speaker 4: I've got him in the second two.
Speaker 3: I don't think I think he could be a late first. He could be a late first, early late one to early second. I would take him early second, but the late first it would not surprise.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 5: It's interesting because a guy that got a ton of love after the Senior Bowl was Roman Wilson from Michigan.
Speaker 4: I think McConkie's better than Wilson. I think both of really good, but I'd take McConkie over Wilson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I think there's I've talked about.
Speaker 4: I think I would put Wilson over him because of the size. Yeah, I guyes a little bit and I do like what he can do on the outside. Definitely a better blocker. I think he's a catch radius in separation probably mconkie. But in terms of size advantage, give me, give me Wilson. All that can't argue that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I talked about in the third round that I feel like there's going to be a runner receivers. You look at guys like Brendan Rice, Roman, Wilson, which I had an initial third before the Senior Bowl. Probably need to go back and you know, adjust at Jamari Thrash out of Louisville, Ricky Piersaw out of Florida, Malachi Corley out of Western Kentucky. I mean, these are all guys that you can look at in the third round and see a legitimate possibility. Jayleen McMillan out of Washington. There's there's a lot of talent I think you can find there in the third man.
Speaker 5: You take any one of those three Washington guys, you're feeling pretty good. You can throw in there too. He's really good. But I did love what you said about Coraley, and Corley's another guy. I don't think it's getting past the second round, but that dude can bawl. And then you can throw in Malik Washington from Virginia, who we got to see here at the East West Ryne Bowl, and he's a guy that might be there on day At the top of day.
Speaker 4: Three, all right, our guy Coofax says, what one player would you trade future picks to move up for in the first round. So we talked about the opposite in the first segment. It's more likely Dallas would trade back and accumulate trip picks than they would to go get a guy. But is there somebody that's up there that you're saying, I, I've got to have them, and you trade even your maybe you're only twenty five picks to try and make it happen.
Speaker 3: I don't think so, because I don't think so because the tackle the tackle class is deep. I think you're going into the draft with four or five options there that you feel like could happen at twenty four. I feel like you at least get one of those to fall to twenty four unless the team is just really dead set on getting a Jackson Powers Johnson type talent at center. They don't resign, be oddish, and they feel needy at that position. Then maybe you go ahead and jump up and grab them. But I don't think you jump up and grab anybody else from that perspective, I think you wait and see what offensive lineman falls to twenty four. If that's what you're set on doing, If you're between trading up and sticking at twenty four, then that's probably what you do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm probably not moving just because I do like Graham Barton a lot. Now maybe they don't. Maybe they look at Jackson Power shuns and they say, you know what, Barton because of the medicals, whatever it is, we're not viewing him in that same area. They don't like Zach Frazier as much. They've got a big gap between ap in the next center. Then I do think it's worth it to move up a couple of spots and solidify the middle of your offensive line. Otherwise, man, I think you would just take one of these guys that you don't think are gonna be there and they get close to your range, Like if it's an OLU Fashanu, the offensive tackle from Penn State Falls, who I think is an elite prospect. I maybe consider moving up to go get him. Otherwise, I think you're gonna stay put at twenty four. I think you're in a really, really good spot that you're gonna have a good player on the board.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about for Shana without him.
Speaker 4: I don't love he's maxed out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't. I don't love what he brings from a run blocking perspective. Really, I think I think there's a couple of lapses in past pro, but I think his pass pro is is where he's strong at. I'm a little I'm a little concerned about for Shana. There's not anything on tape that jumps out to me about for Shana. You look at Joe Alt, you look at Telisi Fuaga, you see the power of the athleticism, and not to say you don't see what the Fashanu too. But I think this might be one of those first round guys that has been on the first round board for a while. And I don't know, I don't I don't love for Shanu.
Speaker 4: I just don't see. I think he could end up being better than.
Speaker 3: Joe Old, I don't love for Shan.
Speaker 4: What do you have on him?
Speaker 3: I don't have anything on him right now, but I need to see him at Combine. I can't see how he works. I want to see him at Pro Day. I'm not giving like a final judgment on him, but I don't I would not take for Shana right now.
Speaker 4: Really, I don't know well.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's play plays with two big old braces on his knees, and he did get hurt his junior year.
Speaker 4: But I think his bass.
Speaker 5: I mean, he did not allow a sack in three hundred and sixty five snaps in twelve games his senior seasons the past, and that's really And I think he's good enough in the run game. I think he's got some nasty to him now. He can get beat inside that that's the way to get him. You can get him on the inside. But to me, I think it might be one of those tape studies like with Patrick Sartan, who came out out of Alabama a couple of years ago, where people are like he's just he's just clean. There's nothing you watch and you're like, this guy wows me.
Speaker 4: He watched a J. C.
Speaker 5: Horn and it's like, Okay, he's a little bit more sex last year. I just think Olu Fashanuho just gets the job done.
Speaker 4: And which one do you need in this organization somebody that just gets the jumps on the job done. Yeah, that's fair. I mean, just that's throwing it out there. I like it, I really do, because not everybody sees the same prospects the same way, and you could end up being right about them. I hope you're not right about them either.
Speaker 3: I never wish on anyone. Yeah, I hope I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, you probably don't bleep yourself such a lie. You hope you're wrong too.
Speaker 3: I'm a hater.
Speaker 4: You brought this up a little bit earlier, and we got one more question here on Twitter on the twenty and this one says, could the Cowboys go offensive heavy in the draft and use free agency that fill the voids defensively? I kind of want to modify the question a little bit. Do you feel like it's more likely they go defensive heavy in the draft or defensive heavy and free agency as opposed to going offensive heavy and free agency.
Speaker 3: Well, when I think about that, and I think about possibilities, I think about the linebacker position. So and I don't feel like you can if you sign every linebacker you love agency, I still feel like you gotta go draft one. So linebacker position, you're gonna have to draft one defensive tackle. There's an opportunity to bring Hankins back, and if you if you bring back Jonathan Hankins, then you know there's not as necessarily as big of a need to get another one in the draft, especially early on. Yeah, this is a good defensive tackle class. If you want to take one of those first couple of days, man, you might be able to hit on one. But is it asking would that be a comfortable scenario, basically going heavy defense in free agency and then focusing on offense in the draft.
Speaker 4: I think it's which one's more likely to happen. It's not necessarily a comfortability, but what would you believe is more comfortable for this team?
Speaker 3: Yeah, going going offense heavy in the in the draft, for sure. I mean that makes sense. You got to get an offensive lineman, ye in the first couple of rounds at least you're hoping that you know, there's a running back that gets taken pretty early as well. Wouldn't be surprised if there's a receiver on Day three that gets taken. So, yeah, you would, you would have to look at that for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I do think defense is the move in free agency because I think there's some tackles and some linebackers. But I agree, I don't think that that means, Okay, if I fill this need in free agency, I'm not addressing it in the draft at all. Yeah, And I wonder with your new coach that you have is Mike Zimmer and we've seen them in the past, whether it was Dan Quinn when he came in or whatever defensive coordinator is, they will it seems like, take some input of what are some guys you want here? So could that end up being all right, we're gonna be a little bit more defensive heavy in some areas, I think potentially. I think the first round for me is going to be an offensive player and then there'll be a running back selected. The rest of the draft could definitely be defense, and that would not surprise me.
Speaker 3: Do you think there's a need for a receiver in Day three?
Speaker 4: I think there is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I absolutely think they needed a receiver in Day three if they wanted to take a receiver earlier, because I think there's going to be a run in the second round. If they looked at one of these second round receivers and said, you know what, we need to take our guy here. We've got him graded, he's the best player available, I would not be upset with it. And I also think that we've talked about it. Corners a sneaky need for this football team. And then I wonder about safeties. Mike Zimmer loves to do a lot with his safeties, puts a lot on their plate. We saw with Harrison Smith in Minnesota, and there are some safeties you watch in this draft class. We've mentioned several of them. Jayden Hicks last week, Javon Bullard I think could fill that, Cameron Kitchens from Miami. Some of those guys that you look at and I think, like, dang it, Mike Zimmer's probably going to really really like this dude. So safety and corner I think are also two positions. I wouldn't be surprised if they addressed as well.
Speaker 3: Day three receiver that I think would be the perfect fit for the Dallas Cowboys Jordan Whittington out of Texas. Yeah, former five star guy out of Cuero down in Central Texas want a state championship down there with them with the Gobblers. But he's physical and long speed. He battled a lot of injuries his first few years in Austin, and I think that kind of stunted his development from a certain standpoint, and they kind of recruited around him or recruited over him. They brought in Xavier Worthy, they went in the portal and grabbed ad Mitchell. Those are two receivers that we see at the top of this draft, but I think Jordan Whittington, had he had the opportunity to be a feature receiver in this offense this past season, we would be talking about him in same light. I really do believe that he's got legit speed with a big frame that he has, super physical, He can make those contested catches. We saw him make a huge catch in that final drive that Texas had in that semi final game that got them in position to potentially win it. And I think where it becomes a really even more emphasized perfect fit for the Dallas Cowboys. We see what happened last year whenever CJ. Goodwin went down. From a special team's perspective, yeah, I think Jordan Wddington is going to be a special team's demon at the next level from a gunner as a gunner, so I think instead of Jalen Tolbert or Sam Williams that you're rolling out there, you can trust Jordan Winnington to go out there. He's a high IQ guy, high character guy. I think he'd be perfect for this team.
Speaker 5: I think you nailed when it comes to Jordan winning Team. The only issue is the injury history, right, He's the guy that just struggled to stay healthy.
Speaker 4: But he did.
Speaker 5: And I do think if you're looking at a guy that you want to hit and take a flyer on and on day three, he's certainly at the top of the list. There's no question about that. And I love the special teams versatility that brings as well. When you go back and watch that state championship performance will not really necessarily go but that is one of the best I've ever seen it.
Speaker 3: It's probably it's probably probably the best state championship incredibly. Actually Number one is probably Jonathan Brooks, and then two is probably Yeah.
Speaker 4: Welcome in the Friday Night Stars. Everybody glad you're with us, No, we're on the Draft show. Finishing up here on Twitter on the twenty. But when we come back, I want to talk a little bit about the safeties. You talked about that as a sneaky need. We've hit safeties a couple times before, but could free agency possibly play a factor into that as well? In which safeties do you expect to show out in Indianapolis at the combine? Who's going to light it up when we come back more of the draft show right after this.
Speaker 10: Hi, Drew Pearson, former Dallas Cowboy and now Pro Football Hall of Famer. Here, if you're struggling with your vision and tired of those contacts and glasses, don't throw a hell Mary go where I went. Laser Care Eye Center, the official laser partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Drew, thank you so much for trusting us with your vision correction procedure. At Laser Care I Center, we offer six different vision correction procedures to help patience.
Speaker 10: Check them out at dfwis dot com. Tell them Drew sent you.
Speaker 4: Hood.
Speaker 8: In a stressful world, Lincoln provides balance and calm amidst the chaos by creating sanctuaries that move you through the world with ease. Our vehicles make your time richer and more uplifting with human centric design, intelligent technology, and powerful performance. As the official luxury vehicle of the Dallas Cowboys, driving a Lincoln is just another way to show your team pride. Experience our full lineup of luxury vehicles, including the Corsair Aviator, Navigator, and Nautilists at Lincoln dot com.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And they snapped the Prescott who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 3: He escapes laft.
Speaker 4: He'll run for a punks down. Just like football.
Speaker 7: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 5: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're a crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 9: Hi, I'm Danny mccraid, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you what's that sound. That's the sound of us magically transforming our Smoothi bowls into two new decadent flavors. Dig into a cool Isai or Pataya bowl, handcrafted with crunchy purely Elizabeth Rinola fresh strawberries and finished with the velvety chocolate hazel nut drizzle. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want to munch. And that's the sound of you making them disappear. Smoothie bowls now in two new decadent flavors, only at Smoothie King. The official Smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Is the Dallascowboys dot Com Draft Show.
Speaker 4: Back. You're on the Draft Show, wrapping things up here on this Tuesday, sixty five days away from the NFL Draft in Detroit, Michigan. Back alongside Zach Woldchuck and Nick Harris. We've got Chris Beam in the back. We'll have Aisha Morrison and Bobby belt on later in the week. But glad you're with us here on the Draft Show. We talked a little bit about this earlier. Zach, you said safety a sneaky need for this Cowboys team. Jay Ron Curse is an undrafted or an unrestricted free agent. There's lots of question marks around the safety position now that Dan Quinn has taken the job. In Washington, we talked about some of these top end safeties Tyler Newman from Minnesota, Cameron Kitchens from Miami, Kayln Bullock from USC Javon Bullard from Georgia as potentials there. I want to know who's gonna light it up from a team speed standpoint, from a combine standpoint, anybody jump off the page, and what we can expect next week in Indy.
Speaker 5: I mean, I do think Bullock should run well, yeah, that was my first guy, right like Bullock should should be a guy now, and I think he's a corner like for me, I'm not I'm not a fan of Kaylen Bullock at safety. He's just too darn skinny and I don't think he tackles well. So I would feel three to ninety Yeah, I'd feel very nervous about playing him in the back end or I mean, look, you can move him in, maybe he can slide in on Nickel packages and play some corner, but I'd probably move him to the outside. I think he's a guy that could run in the four fourth. I think my guy Javon Bullard, who is a little bit of a shorter dude at five ten. I think he could run really, really well. I'm excited to see Tyler Nuban though. Tyler Nuban I think could make some money if he ends up running sub four or five. I think he's a dude that is going to end up maybe being the first safety off the board there from Minnesota.
Speaker 4: He's my number one safety by it.
Speaker 5: And I can see that right because he's one of the most complete players that you've got at that position. Those are some of the guys that I'm excited And then of course there's Cooper dejan from Iowa, who I do think is a corner but some people might view as a safety. I think he could play either. You saw him just be an absolute special team star there. Potential first round pick. How does he end up testing as well there in Indianapolis. Those are some guys that would kind of keep my eye on. Cooper gen Dejeene d Gen, I like Dejeon. I think I play it that way too. I was like, maybe he's not French.
Speaker 4: Though the gene just doesn't sound as good. Gene.
Speaker 5: We're gonna have to have a talk with you, Cooper, Hey, can we switch this to dejeon de Jon?
Speaker 3: I know you love Javon Bullard and I do too. I think he's a really good safety. I think he's a guy that can go comfortably. Day two.
Speaker 4: I thought you're gon, dude a little bit.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's gonna test well.
Speaker 4: You don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think he's.
Speaker 4: Gonna You don't think he will run well good forty times?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Yeah, I don't think he's gonna test well.
Speaker 4: So that's fine. Slide a little bit. I'm okay with getting a little defensive their first place.
Speaker 3: We're about to find out about the cage matches.
Speaker 4: That's my one guy. I can't.
Speaker 5: I cannot take any slander on him. I'm telling you he's gonna be a step I.
Speaker 3: Think he's good though. I think there's some guys that have instincts that overcome a lack of athleticism or lack of speed in other areas. I'm trying to think one off the top of my head.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 3: There you go, Javon Bullard feels like one of those guys that will just be able to carry on instincts and carry on his football knowledge and what he does from that defensive backfield. Love what he does. Here's kind of a later guy I think into comfortably into day three, Keaton Ola Dappo from Oregon State. He was a senior ole guy, really lengthy. That was the thing that kind of took me away. And he's able to cover a lot of range as a result, and he ran really well too, and being able to get to the ball and fly to the ball. He's a guy that affected the game at all three levels. At Oregon State. He was getting sacks, tackles for loss, and then he was also getting interceptions and pass deflections on the back end. He's a guy that I love as a three level type of defender, and that's what you love to see from the safety position. And I know I've talked about it with Tyler Newman about how he can approach the running game and get into the backfield and identified it so early on. I think Oladappo has those same type of instincts, but maybe a little bit more of aggressiveness from Ola Dappo that kind of allows him to throw himself out of the play at times. So I think that's why you're probably looking at day three value there. But if you're looking for a guy that could probably test pretty well, I think Ola Dapo is going to be one of them.
Speaker 4: And you're talking about these later picks. I don't know if this guy even is categorized as a later pick, but I want to talk about him maybe late day two. Jayla's Hunt from Houston Christian. Okay, what do you guys know about him? Six foot three, two hundred and fifty pounds. He played at Houston Christian, so he's not too far down the road. Is this somebody that smaller school, smaller competition, but he's starting to gain some real momentum here since the Senior Bowl, since going into to Combine time got an invite. Is what are you looking for for him?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So Jaylex Hunt, he was out of Florida and was initially a corner coming out of coming out of high school Houston Christian under their head coach Braxton Harris. He came over from Campbell really good developer as far as being able to identify guys that might be able to find some sort of positional change. So he went to Cornell as a corner oddly enough, and then went to Houston Christian and they beefed him up and put him on the edge, added like forty pounds to his frame six foot four. Hey, we're going to add some weight to your frame. We think you can be aggressive as a pass rusher. That's exactly what happened, and he went to Houston Christian in two seasons, was really productive down there for the Huskies. Obviously not playing in the best of competition in the Southland, but I think there's an opportunity for him to be able to go to the combine, be able to kind of pair what he did at the Senior Bowl against some really good competition to make some things happen. He had some reps against Tyler Guidan out of Ooklahoma at the Senior Bowl where he was really able to flash. He is athletic, he is violent. He's a guy that I found midway through the season last year and I just kind of tracked as the year went on. He's a really fun guy that I think he won't be ready year one, but I think once you get him developed he could he could. He has a very high ceiling, thirty four inch arms.
Speaker 4: Thirty four inch arms that everybody at home might be asking, why are we talking about an edge rusher in a safety segment because he played safety initially, and that's not an intro like, that's not a normal transition. You're going to play corner like you said corner at Cornell, then he plays a little bit of safety. Now he's playing edge rusher like. It's one of the more intriguing conversations of the entire draft. And is he gonna play safety at the next level at six three, two hundred and forty eight pounds. No, he's not playing safety. But will he rush off the edge and have some nimbleness to his game and doing so? Absolutely so. It's a fun, I think thing to look at whenever you're talking about a guy who's making a position switch that's not normally seen at the next time, if the any viewers are out there are more curious about diving into Jaylex Hunt, go look at his game against Lamar on September thirty I of this past season. Okay, good to know any other safeties that Dallas could be maybe looking at. Whenever you go into a day two, day three standpoint ooh, day two day three for safety.
Speaker 5: I mean I wonder about you know, you've got some local guys from TCU, like Bud Clark, is an interesting player. A Keen Dent from Florida State is another name that's interesting. Yet he's a guy that I've liked. A couple of forced fumbles that I've watched on tape from him. I think he's a good athlete. Six one, two oh three. I wonder what he's going to run. And then I know Bo Brady's been brought up. I think i ushuld brought him up out of Maryland as well. That could go day three tackling machine. You know, six passes that he broke up last year, a couple of interceptions as well. I think Bo Brady's an intriguing prospect. And then Vaki the safety from Utah is another name that I've seen some people are really really high on as well, that could go in that range.
Speaker 4: Tell me about him. A little bit six foot to eight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he might be a little bit shorter to what you're looking at, but I think he's a guy that can go fourth, fifth round. Two passes defended. I think he had fifty tackles last last year, a three passes broken up. You know, he was a guy that I think he was out there for the Senior Bowl. I don't know if you got to get eyes on him out there, but I think he had a decent week of practice and when you were watching him in some individual drills, he stood out to me and it was like, Okay, this guy can move a pretty well. And granted he's not the super tall guy like we talked about Bullock from USC, but Vaki is a player that I think versus the runt could be could be strong there as a safety.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whenever I was looking at Utah safeties at the Senior Bowl, Colt Bishop was the guy that I really Yes, Cocky's good, but I liked what.
Speaker 4: Brought to the scene, which is probably better.
Speaker 3: And I think that's that's a fun late day to early day three value that you can look at foot one, two hundred and eight pounds and he's a game manager back there in the.
Speaker 4: Well and bitch also blitzes.
Speaker 5: I mean he's a guy that got some pressure on the quarterback to Yeah, cold Biship's overall a better player.
Speaker 4: Is there? Just from an overall standpoint? Whenever you're looking at this safety class, is this a short lived safety class? I mean I feel like we're we're tossing around the same ten to twelve names that are going to be taken throughout the weekend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think you're probably right. Does but those but those players are good. I mean, the top end of this thing I think is really really good. You're gonna get some. But you're right, it does not stretch like we talk about with receiver some of these other spots.
Speaker 4: There you go, anything else? Anybody want to do any? Tell me more? What was the best player you watched this week?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, gosh, that's a that's a tough one. Let me let me let me break this.
Speaker 5: Can I give you guys a player that I wasn't ready as as a big of a fan on as some others are. I mean, do you guys like Marshawn Neiland the Edge from Western Michigan.
Speaker 3: I see I like him at Senier Bowl, And I went into Senior Bowl thinking, Okay, the G five guy. I love seeing the G five guys that are getting those day one, day two.
Speaker 6: Love.
Speaker 3: Okay, what are they doing to dominate at that level? I didn't see that from his film. I love him at Seniors Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so and maybe he's a guy you get up close and personal with and but you watch the tape. For me, I was expecting to jump out and I wanted to see somebody that dominated against the Central Michigan's when you play there, because he's an edge out of Western Michigan sixty three two sixty eight. You know, I think he's one of those He ran track in high school, All conference high jumper as well. You know, he's athleticism translate on translates on tape. He's quick off the ball, lots of hand fakes to set up linemen. On his rush the bull rush, he can push tackles back into the lap of the quarterback. But to me, he's one of those guys where he kind of rushes himself out of running lanes a little bit, gets knocked on the ground, doesn't always set the edge when you want him to. I wasn't as high on Marshawn Neland as I was expecting to be after watching him, But maybe I need to, you know, see how he tests and interviews in some of these individual workouts as well with some teams.
Speaker 4: Maybe he ends up raising his stock a little bit. You know. It's funny you mentioned the Senior Bowl specifically, and there were times in those practices where he was shedding blocks. That's not what he did on his film. No, he struggled to get off of blocks in this film. And then whenever you got him to the Senior Bowl and let's say the game at that point, you're trying to make money as a small school guy, like you said, you're going with an added emphasis of Hey, they say you can't shed blocks, you gotta shed blocks. Can't he do that in game time action at the NFL level? I kind of I have a little bit of pause on that, but the way that he was able to do it at the Senior Bowl shows that it's possible.
Speaker 5: And he looks small. I mean, he's the guy that I think is going to need to get a little bit strong.
Speaker 4: Not very long. No, he doesn't have a ton of length.
Speaker 5: There's some traits there you look at the quickness, but not as high on him as I think others are.
Speaker 4: Interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's a guy that I really enjoyed out of the Senior Bowl and was able to watch more over the course of the last week. And I think I may have mentioned him on the show already, but I want to dive into him a little bit more. Jamary thrash receiver out of Louisville man If. He's almost an exact proto a prototype of Jalen Tolbert, like they have very very similar traits. He's not the tallest guy in the world, but he can still go up and grab it. He's really decisive in his route running. He can make some things happen in the short to intermediate game. He was a transfer out of Georgia State and was really productive for a Georgia State in his junior season. He was an All American Honorable mention coming out of his junior year, transferred to transferred to Louisville and still had an eight hundred and fifty plus yard season. Was really good with the Cardinals. That was a really good offense this past year and he was one of the feature weapons in that offense. Shined at the Senior Bowl. He's physical in route running. He made DB's guests. That's what I put as the notes as far as coming out of his performance and mobile. I think he's a third round guy comfortably that could really shine. I think in the right system. Get him in a system where the offense has really spread out, they get a lot of things going west Coast type of system, and I think he could he could really thrive at the next level, thriving, thrash the show, Thank you ever put.
Speaker 4: Him as a thumb nail, and then the end of it all cool? All right, Well that does it for us here on the Draft Show. We'll be back on Thursday, eleven am Central Time to break it all down for you and keep you rolling. We're gonna do some mock drafts on Thursday. We're gonna do some scenario driven mock draft.
Speaker 3: Sweet right, Yes.
Speaker 4: That was the plan, and we're gonna put together some free agency, a mock free agency, and that see how that changes things for the Cowboys to move forward. All right, that's what we're doing Thursday. So we got a lot to look forward to. Hopefully we'll have Ayisha and Bobby back in the fold as well. Brian on vacation this.
Speaker 5: Week and then he's gonna be in uh surprise, in Arizona, Arizona for.
Speaker 4: Spring training next week. So won't see Brian for a little bit. But guess what, you're covered. We got you going for the next couple of weeks, and then he'll be back for the Draft Show right after spring training. After that, so that's the plan for the Draft Show moving forward. For Chris Beem, Nick Harris, Zach Walchuk, I'm Kyle Yoma saying so long. We'll see you next week. With more than Draft Show presented by Miller Lite, this has been
Speaker 1: A production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club