Speaker 1: All right, guys.
Speaker 2: Injuries from the game, uh Tatum Bethune had a knee, didn't return. Post wim CEO Bernardo Green finger he returned. Cowing had a concussion, never returned. Jews cleared the protocol, he returned. Bosa hip slash Obleak did not return.
Speaker 1: Go ahead. Just coming off the field.
Speaker 3: How do you how do you.
Speaker 1: Explain what happened today?
Speaker 4: Just what are your thoughts about what transpired?
Speaker 1: Just extremely disappointed.
Speaker 2: I thought we had a chance to put them away a number of times throughout the game. I thought the penalties we had on a number of drives just killed us.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I thought we had some good momentum and then had a penalty that kind of ended the drive on two big drives that cost us points on both of them. Still should have put it away there on that last drive, and I had every opportunity to and missed a couple opportunities to do that. And when we did that, we gave them a chance. And I thought our defense played great all game until that last drive. But let them hang around. And when you let people hang around, that's what happens. Before the very last one there you had a fourth and sixth I think, and then they called time out and then it seemed like there was another stoppage of some sort.
Speaker 1: We didn't get an explanation what what happened there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought they called two timeouts in a row, so I thought there was a penalty.
Speaker 1: They said that they didne it on the second one. So it's playing well.
Speaker 3: But when Ginos gets those two big runs at the end, But is that a breakdown or is that just him making great plays?
Speaker 2: No, it's not a breakdown. It's just getting through the d line. Everyone was in coverage. One was verse zone the first one. The next one I believe was a verse man. The you know, no one was opening the rhythm of the play and you got to keep him in the pocket.
Speaker 1: And he broke through there.
Speaker 2: And especially on the touchdown run, guys and man coverage, how their backs to him and can't let him out of the pocket there?
Speaker 1: What was this issue?
Speaker 4: Was the same thing he was dealing with all week and.
Speaker 1: It just went No, I think it was a different one. Yeah, team has talked.
Speaker 3: About you've talked about second half surges being better in the second half. Hasn't quite happened yet. How disappointing is that? How can you put your finger on why it's not happening?
Speaker 2: Yeah, didn't happen because what I just answered in this game, you know, we had our opportunities to win this game. I'm i gonna talk about the whole second half. The second half just started of the season of that's what you mean. And we won last week and lost this week. And I thought we had every opportunity to win this game and we didn't get it done. So gotta make sure we find a way to win next week.
Speaker 3: That Ota had a separate yeh, hip intry?
Speaker 4: Is it the other hip?
Speaker 1: Is it? Yeah? The other one? Not hip oblique? You're a Christian that.
Speaker 3: You haven't been able to get the running game too consistently? Is that just locking there? What are you saying on not being able to.
Speaker 4: Kind of pop one?
Speaker 1: I think we didn't. We didn't break a big one today.
Speaker 2: I mean last time versus I think we had a one seventy four yarder and one thirty eight yarder today. It was some solid running, but no big ones. They did a good job now letting us get through their secondary and but you don't get a big one, it's it's it's tough to get those yards rocked as everyone did some good things and missed some things.
Speaker 4: Jwan Jenning's obviously had a pretty good game fourth quarter.
Speaker 3: How much do you guys missed George kill though?
Speaker 2: It seems like whenever he's out of the lineup.
Speaker 1: It really does affect the offense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whenever you're missing good players, it's always a big deal.
Speaker 1: You know. It's you know, we went a little extra.
Speaker 2: You know, we played Jalen Moore a little bit at tight end today, you know, something different to help with that that. Eric stepped it up and did did good, especially showing up this morning sick and things like that. But yeah, it's you know, George is a great player, so it always helps when he's out there.
Speaker 1: Any kind of setback or was that just from the irritation? No, no setback, just kind of go would have been too risky.
Speaker 5: Would you say to the team about this loss?
Speaker 2: Kind of exactly what I just said to you guys, Like we had every opportunity to run away with that and put it away, and thought the defense did a bunch of that, you know, especially getting that turnover in the third quarter. Felt real good about going in and scoring and kind of overcome the penalty. It happened on two of our drives that cost us points I think at the end of the second half and also in the beginning of the third quarter. You know, the other drive in the first half, the other punt, I know, the we had the the turnover on that one drive in the first half. But it's when you have opportunities to do it and it hurts yourself with penalties and a few missed opportunities. You got to finish it there at the end. And it was disappointed because I thought the offense had every chance to do that and we didn't get it done there.
Speaker 4: And having such a strong game up to the point of where he got hurt. How debilitating is it to look, you know, forybody to look and see the defensive player of the year standing on the sidelines when the games in the balance.
Speaker 2: I mean, we don't think about that in the moment. I mean, just like his question with George, you know, you know, helps on it and when Nick's out there, especially on the last drive and stuff. But I thought we had a couple opportunities to get to them. I think we did get a sack or two on that last drive, but him getting those two scrambles killed us a lot in this game.
Speaker 4: Was he leaving the pocket pretty maturely?
Speaker 1: We're guys like getting open on those places.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's been scrambling every game all year, so sometimes it's cause he has a lane, sometimes cause someone's not open.
Speaker 1: I mean there's it's.
Speaker 2: A different one to every single play. There's never just one narrative on when he scrambles.
Speaker 5: I think that mentioned that Botha was able to play through the hip injury last week. Clearly he wasn't able to play.
Speaker 1: Through it was a different hip inure Y, Yeah, that was the other hip.
Speaker 4: It was the other hip.
Speaker 5: My question is the seriousness of this hip injury. Do you think it would be like similar to Kittle's situation where he was able to kind of practice this week but didn't it was it able to go? Do you think it's the same for both the next week or you're not so.
Speaker 4: Sure right now?
Speaker 2: I hope so, I mean, I don't know anything about what I told you guys. It's hip oblique and it's his other hip, and he couldn't return to the game, which means it was bothering him. So we'll see how he is tomorrow, hopefully, it's not too big of a deal.
Speaker 1: But that's all we really know right now.
Speaker 3: Challenges Was they telling you upstairs that there was clear calls or was it order line even when you're through the flag?
Speaker 2: I mean, w W, Now you're not totally one hundred percent sure. We felt pretty close to it. They went hurry up on both of them, and I thought it was too big of a down to risk it. You know, it's I you know, I still believe that they were out, but you can't totally tell what the camera angles and when it does go that way and you can't fully see it with the angles, they're not gonna overturn it.
Speaker 1: That's it, alright, I guess m