Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Nathan Hager, joined by Bloomberg's Valerie Titel. Starting off with a stock that may be moving on social media headlines, val Tesla.
Speaker 2: Good morning in the.
Speaker 1: News yet again, Elon Musk and Tesla. Their shares are rebounding two percent in pre market trade on some decent volumes. That comes after the CEO Elon Musk, posted on x just a few hours ago saying that quote, I regret some of my posts about President Trump last week. They went too far. Maybe it's paving the way for the friendship to return. Might be too much of a stretch. But whatever, Tesla shares are seeming to like it this morning, up two percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they're also waiting for a Robotaxi rollout as well for Tesla, so that could be adding to some of the positive sentiment.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: Negative sentiment though, this morning for Lockheed Martin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. Lockheed Martin ticker LMT is down nearly two and a half percent in pre market trade. It comes after the Pentagon has cut in half its requests for its signature F thirty five's, dealing a blow to Lockeyed, the top US defense contractor. The number of F thirty fives requested dropped from twenty four from forty eight, so cut in half scaling back of the F forty five's requests may reflect one way the Pentagon is dealing with Defense Secretary Pete hegg Seth's plan to reduce military spending. Manned aircraft were not among one of the seventeen areas that heg Seth protected from cuts back in February, but one area that he did safeguard was the air Force newest drone program. And to that note, we have shares of Ouster jumping twenty seven percent after the Department of Defense gave it some approval for unmanned drone aircraft. So some winners and losers to the defense Department of Defense pulling back on spending.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, Okay, so we saw some headlines about how General Motors could be trying to get around tariffs. How's General Motors doing this morning?
Speaker 1: GM is outperforming, not by that much. It's up by less than one percent, up by three fourths of a percent on a plan production shift to the US from Mexico. GM plans to invest around four billion dollars in its US plants over the next two years to boost output of some of its top selling gas powered vehicles. This comes as the company works to manage President Donald Trump's tariffs on Mexico. Plants in Michigan, Kansas, and Tennessee will expand finished vehicle production. Moving this capacity from Mexico into the US, GM plans to add between three thousand and four thousand US jobs, and the shift marks one of the biggest pivots yet by an automaker in response to Trump's tariffs. It's GM up nearly one percent this morning.
Speaker 3: And finally, Valerie, it looks like this could be the morning to be an investor in quantum computing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, quantum computing stocks have been given a boost by some comments from the Navidia CEO. You have the likes of quantum computing up almost eight percent, S'ghetti Computing, ion Q up around four percent. Justin Huang had said in a conference at Paris that quantum computing is reaching an inflection point. It is quite a bullish shift for the Navidia CEO, who previously said that quantum computing technology was ten to twenty years away from being useful, so that sector having a bit of rebound on Jenson Chuang's bullish comments.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout today for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.