Speaker 1: There we go transmitting, Hey, welcome to Monday Show Morning studio. I have a difference of opinions with Eddie. I don't feel like wings are an appetizer. Oh I feel like that's too big to be an appetizer. That's his favorite appetizer.
Speaker 2: But they're normally always on the appetizer for menu.
Speaker 1: But I would never order them as well. No, because you can just order wings from a place that's not an appetizer.
Speaker 3: I know. But if it's not a wings place, it's in it. They're serving wings. It's an appetizer.
Speaker 1: Wings is an appetizer. I'm not saying it's not an appetizer. I'm saying it's not an appetizer. To me, that's a meal. That's Eddie's favorite appetizer.
Speaker 4: When I look at the menu and I see appetizers, I want wings every single time.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what is your favorite? What is your go to appetizer? Okay, so that's yours, chips and Kso Eddie, yours is wings.
Speaker 4: Wings man and I want buffalo medium with ranch dressing. And I love it when they bring this celery in the side. That makes it feel like I've been a little healthier on that because they're adding something.
Speaker 2: They just have to be there.
Speaker 4: You actually, no, no, they always put like a little slot rod of celery and carrots.
Speaker 1: Celery is basically water. Right, You're not getting anything really by just eating the celery on top of all the bad stuff.
Speaker 5: Are you serious?
Speaker 1: It's not just water? Why would you eat celery? Celery is basically other than lettuce. Try all these nutrient a vegetable period. But he's not.
Speaker 4: He's just he's not substituting it. No, no, no, I'm adding. I'm adding it to make it a little more healthier. But now you're telling them it's just water.
Speaker 2: What's the problem.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're fried, their fried lunchbox. What't you go to appetizer?
Speaker 6: Man? I love and chips and salsa, But that's kind of not really an advertiser our joke.
Speaker 1: Spinach dip is really good appetising.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it, But you can pick whatever you want. Chips and salsa because I mean I crushed that.
Speaker 1: I'll eat Oh have you ever seen him eat chips and salsa? It's I don't think that I've saved it in my memory bank of things that I remember. It's like the cookie monster, just destroying cookies.
Speaker 5: That's amazing.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't stop. It's crazy.
Speaker 6: Like they put one sauca down and I'm like, no, no, no, Like can you bring one for?
Speaker 5: Like everybody?
Speaker 6: I need an individual And by the time they're back, I'm already done with the bowl.
Speaker 1: I like a good soup as an appetizer. I love a lobster bisk. You do love a lobster. I'll eat a lobster bisk in Oklahoma. That's how much I love it. When they ain't a lobster to be found anywhere it's fresh, I still love a lobster bisc I also love soup so much. I don't like onions at all, but I will eat a French onion soup.
Speaker 2: Do you just don't eat the onion.
Speaker 1: I don't eat the onion. I'll eat the little cheese on the top, and I'll the soup. I don't think I ever had that French onion soup.
Speaker 2: That's one of my least favorite.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it looks weird.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say it's my top five soups, but if it's all they have, I'll have that because I'll love a soup as an appetizer because I eat too much appetizer and by the time the food gets down full right, that's my problem. But Eddie and I have a fundamental difference. I don't believe wings are an appetizer. I believe they're a meal. If I had to pick one, you're an appetizer wing guy, absolutely, Morgan, do you have one?
Speaker 7: Yeah, mozzarella sticks, friede goodness.
Speaker 1: And you know who has the best ones.
Speaker 4: Buffalo Wild wings where you go to get wings for a milk boom, which is an appetizer, which is a meal?
Speaker 1: Raymundo, you have a go to appetizer. Yeah, mine's so obvious to my friends. They order it before I even get to the table. And they only pick restaurants because I love ca cd is so much. I'll see that's too big. Yeah, that's big. Nobody's the whole thing and be full. I'm the biggest case of a guy around. I will back you on the French onion soup. It is awesome. You'll lead a casity as an appetizer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so with an appetizer.
Speaker 3: If you're with more people, if you get the CACD, everybody kind of gets a sluck.
Speaker 1: A whole thing.
Speaker 4: Though, I'm still too full Ray, you like just cheese in the cassody or you like you got a steak and get meat?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do the meat, I definitely do. But I like the little spice here definitely does. Dely does. All right, that's our get to know you this morning. Glad everybody's here. Let's open up the mail bag.
Speaker 5: You send the game mail and me reading all the air to.
Speaker 1: Get something we call Bobby's mail bag. Yeah, hello, Bobby Bones. So when I met my wife, our son was only two months old. His biological dad was bad, off on drugs, wanted nothing to do with him. I ended up adopting my son when he was one. He's now six. My wife insists we tell my son he's adopted now that he's six. She says she'd rather do it when he's young, but also old enough to understand. I want to wait till he's way older, like twenty five.
Speaker 5: What should we do?
Speaker 1: Signed adopted dad, Amy, I'm gonna come to you first. You have two adopted children. Your thoughts, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: It's always case by case. I think there's a compromise between six and twenty five. A lot of room there yet, So I don't know that it means your.
Speaker 1: Life though six twenty five, which one if you had to pick one of the two twenty five they're going to find.
Speaker 2: Out though, right, Ye, twenty five's way too late.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's six, way too young.
Speaker 2: I don't know, because every child is so different.
Speaker 3: But to me, like my kids developmentally at six, like my son moved here from Haiti when he was seven, and he was almost like three years old.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he was some seven year old.
Speaker 3: You might be able to tell him something, but for him, he wouldn't be able to comprehend everything that was happening.
Speaker 1: But this child has lived here the whole time is probably developmentally average. Sure for the sake of this story.
Speaker 3: Right, but even your children that they both of my kids, yes they're adopted. But let's say my sister's got four biological children and she's had to parent each of them a little bit differently because their personality.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 3: This six year old For me, it seems young, So I would wait until they're a little bit older, but just not too long, and consult a therapist.
Speaker 1: Eddie, this is exact almost exactly your story too, because even younger like you adopted a baby. Yeah, baby, from the hospital and what's the deal there.
Speaker 4: We haven't told him yet because all that thing, you know, where like he is too young to kind of comprehend.
Speaker 1: Is he younger than six?
Speaker 5: He's five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and even if he was six, like say next year. I don't think that's the time yet because just developmentally is just not there.
Speaker 1: But there is a time.
Speaker 4: I think nine ten years old is pretty solid to where they understand things, So that could be the age we're going to do it. I definitely wouldn't wait till twenty five the record.
Speaker 1: I know how old dad's son is. I just need him to say it right. Also, did me asking a question here? If you bring it up and it's eddie, if you're working with your five or six year old, you've had sence a baby, Yeah, and it's like a natural part of just talking about it and they grow up just always knowing it, even not knowing what it means, but knowing it. Is that a strategy at all?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like he's mentioned stuff before like come out of mommy's belly stuff, and we've said, oh, he didn't come out of mommy's belly, not this mommy. You had another mommy that you came out, but he doesn't say okay, cool, okay, got it. So that is you're not running hiding from that yet, not at all. We don't want to hide from it at all. We want to be as transparent as possible, but we also don't want to jar them treasure. We're like, oh, what do you mean? What's going on? So you want to slowly I think yeah, slowly letting them know is a big deal.
Speaker 3: Because to your point, Bobby, you're right, like it making something, uh, talking about it in that way freely.
Speaker 2: Makes it comfortable and normal.
Speaker 3: What you don't want is for them to feel like, wait, what something's wrong with me? And this was some secret and why are we hiding it? And what does this mean? And then there's other feelings attached to that. So there is something to the just having comfortable conversation.
Speaker 1: I think what Eddie's you kids knew they were adopted though, well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because they came from Haiti to America and I'm white.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, my husband's just doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, like their dad, excuse me, is also white and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you for the email. It sounds like there isn't a right answer. I mean, there's not a wrong answer. There's also not an exact right answer.
Speaker 2: Wrong answer is twenty five. That is wrong.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's wrong too, but yeah, by that, I don't think there's a right answer. So eight it is. Yeah, I'm just declaring eight. So we have a resolution. Take a sweet second grade eight. It is thank you, good luck with this and that's that's that's some heavy but some good stuff. Right they kick it, kick it very fortunate the you're in his life, all right, close it up. We got your gmail and we laid it on you.
Speaker 4: Now it's five to clothes, Bobby fail.
Speaker 1: That Yeah, lunchbox, what happened?
Speaker 6: I have a dispute with my neighbor and I want to know if you guys think he owes me money or if it's my fault.
Speaker 1: Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 6: So we were out of town over the weekend and I was like, hey.
Speaker 1: Can you go pick up my Hello Fresh box?
Speaker 5: It's on the front porch.
Speaker 6: I thought i'd canceled it, but I got a notification it's been delivered.
Speaker 1: Hello Fresh. By the way, it's a food box where it comes preportion and you make it's real good, really easy.
Speaker 6: But so if you'd leave it out, it's gonna run right right, can't leave it out. He was like, Oh, that's what neighbors are for. I'll go grab that. Eight hours later he texted me, goes, dude, my bad. Just remember went and grab it right now. I'll throw it in the fridge. It'll be here when you get home. And I'm like, huh, So it sat out there for an extra twenty eight hours, Like I had texted him on the Saturday morning, and he didn't get it till Saturday at like one pm.
Speaker 1: Wait Saturday morning, I mean Sunday morning.
Speaker 6: Got yeah, Yeah, so he went He went over there on Sunday afternoon and got it, and he was like, dude, I just got busy, totally forgot.
Speaker 5: I'm a terrible neighbor.
Speaker 1: So now you want to know f he owes you money?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because if it's out there an extra twenty eight hours, I can't eat it.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that that like it's it's spoiled.
Speaker 6: So it would have been fine if he went right when he said, hey, yeah, that's what neighbors are for.
Speaker 5: I'll go grab that.
Speaker 6: He didn't, so now I'd feel like he should reimburse me for that.
Speaker 1: Hello, fresh couple things. Sorry for your loss. Thank you like the food? Yeah, yeah, you didn't deserve that. I also am a hello fresh person, have been in the past, and you can actually cancel it if you're like a week out and be like, hey, delay this order for this week.
Speaker 5: And I thought I did that.
Speaker 1: Oh but but you didn't.
Speaker 4: You forgot lunchbox sounds like my mad you forgot.
Speaker 1: So you can't do that. You weren't. You didn't do that, You didn't he but he did agree to help you.
Speaker 6: He did agree. He said, that's what neighbors are for. What a quote.
Speaker 5: That's what neighbors are for.
Speaker 1: You're also maybe making that quote up.
Speaker 5: That was the quote.
Speaker 1: So secondly, you could have sent him a reminder that morning as well. No.
Speaker 6: No, I literally texted him. I said, hey, it just got delivered. Any chance you could grab it? I thought I canceled it, and he goes, no problem, that's what neighbors are for.
Speaker 1: No chance he owes you money. Maybe an apology. Oh sorry about that. He doesn't owe you money because didn't take anything. He did.
Speaker 2: He already was like, oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's it, that's it. He's good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's good.
Speaker 1: This is maybe keep in your pockets. Scream over once you're even.
Speaker 2: But still what you No?
Speaker 1: Seriously, I'm just saying he doesn't owe you anything because you were asking a favor of him, he meant to do it. You could have canceled it. You could have reminded him again, but you didn't. Right, But why would I him again? When he says, hey rabbit, I thought, okay, he already he's going to get it. Right now, Does Lunchbox's neighbor owe him money? And how much? Amy?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: None?
Speaker 1: No and none? Okay, Eddie, zero dollars. He doesn't owe anything. I mean he forgot. Okay, he was doing you a favor and he didn't do it.
Speaker 5: He forgot.
Speaker 1: If it's like feeding the dogs and the dog's eye, that's different, that's trouble. He knows you a dog, Yeah he was.
Speaker 3: Let's say he said sorry, I can't. What was your next plan? I mean, because it still would have been.
Speaker 6: I would have had to text someone else. Throw it to another neighbor that lives a block away. You know this guy lives two houses.
Speaker 1: Down, but he cannot be trusted anymore. True, you learn something, so I don't think he owes you anything.
Speaker 6: Let's say you have an Amazon package coming and you know you're out of town and you say, hey, will you get this? And they say yes, and then it gets porch pirated because they never go get it. Not their fault, though, dang man, you got what let's say, what are your Let's say?
Speaker 1: Can go on forever. It sucks. I'm sorry that happened to you, but it's you can't like charge him for it.
Speaker 5: But I had to throw the Hello Fresh away terrible man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we figured. I'm sure you gotta say the spices, did you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well there he got some.
Speaker 5: Of the produce.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no, no, it's in there with the meat. If then you want to grates the lunchbox, go to our Facebook page. It's time for the good News Lunchbox.
Speaker 6: Wesley Swainston is an active duty marine and he likes to go for training runs. He run, run, run, but he always has a dog with him, and if you notice, it's not always the same dog. It's a different dog pretty much every day because when he goes for a run, he stops by the local shelter, gets a dog that needs a forever home, goes running with him.
Speaker 1: Post the runs on social media and that's how a lot of the dogs get adopted. I love it. One also that he trains the dog because he just doesn't grab a dog and go you're going to run a marathon? That sucked for the dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Secondly, is Lunchbox allowed to yell? Who row?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 1: Marine?
Speaker 5: Only?
Speaker 3: I'm uncomfortable with it. I feel like you are would be a marine.
Speaker 2: To do that?
Speaker 1: I would think so too, but I don't always know the rules neither. What about semper fi? Is that that's marines right?
Speaker 5: Temper five?
Speaker 1: But like, you don't slut, but lunchbox is a yelling seper five right, Like I'm just asking if him yelling who raw is lunchboks? Are your thoughts? Ah?
Speaker 2: I think he's uncomfortable too.
Speaker 5: I'm looking, I'm googled Google.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to google it to see if it's okay.
Speaker 1: And he was just in the moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I only got out recently.
Speaker 3: Nothing but love and respect, Right, it's not disrespectful?
Speaker 5: Are you saying that?
Speaker 1: Or is the Internet saying right? And then who on the they.
Speaker 6: We're all good red it says it's not disrespectful?
Speaker 1: So who? Well, I would not, No, we don't. We don't know the rule. If anybody out there wants to let us know the role, please do you can d m us or leave us a voicemail. And maybe there that's Lunchbox being respectful, like doing their thing. Maybe not though, Yeah, inside I don't know.
Speaker 6: I was just to be nice to Wesley because I mean, he runs marathons and when he's training, he gets dogs adopted.
Speaker 5: So I was trying to.
Speaker 1: Give him like his you know, we heard the whole story trying to give us cookies. Yeah, that's weird for you to say too. All right, thank you, that's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. We're trying to build a house for a hero. US Air Force technical Sergeant Daniel Beasting comes back to my rat. Lots of stuff going on with him physically mentally, and he has a house that was made just for him and his needs, except the hurricane hits it and wipes it out. And so we're stepping in as a show as the b team, you guys, And we have a whole line of new Pimp and Joy, which is hoodies and hats and t shirts and just go to Bobbybones dot com and it's our whole it's American line. We're doing it because well we should. And also July fourth's coming up, and very American things that you can wear during July fourth and you will get it in time.
Speaker 3: Right absolutely, And yes, Pimp and Joy is spreading joy and spreading joy to veterans. It's American. So the new line is so cute, you're going.
Speaker 2: To love it.
Speaker 3: We can't do this without our listeners, so it's really amaz But also old Pimpinjoi items that are still up on the website, those all go towards the veteran too, just to clarify for.
Speaker 1: People, Bobbybones dot com. And we don't keep any of the money. We're not getting to cut, no cut. Everything goes to build this home for this hero. We built seven seven houses the last seven years. Let's go with eight again, Bobbybones dot com. Right now, if you want to get in and help out, let's talk about etiquette manners, that kind of thing. If you go to somebody's house, do you still bring something? So Morgan, you're going you have a boyfriend, yes, a man in uniform. So now you're doing the tour basically orhere you're going to meet a lot of his people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm meeting a lot of friends, a lot of family, and I'm going to all these different houses and events.
Speaker 1: So when you go to somebody's house, what do you do?
Speaker 7: I always bring something like I've brought a bottle of wine, I've brought a plant, I've brought a dessert.
Speaker 1: A plant. Wow, that's nice.
Speaker 7: It all depends on the information he gives me about the people, and then I get them something based on that, and so that's what I've been doing. But he was like, I don't think you need to do that. That's okay, you don't bring anything. They're inviting us over.
Speaker 1: I think early on it's it's pretty good. It's like being slightly overdressed when you're not quite sure what everybody's wearing, versus being slightly underdressed when you're not quite sure what everybody's wearing. Because if you're underdressed, you feel like a fool. If you're overdressed, you just feel good, or you can actually loosen it up a little bit. I think it's great you're doing that. I think that's eventually going to fade out either the second time, especially close people. If you're invited to like a dinner party with people that you By the way, what the heck's even a dinner party. But if you're somebody like grilling, I know, right, I just see that stup on TV. But if like, somebody's grilling and you kind of don't know them and they're having to get together, I get it. But if somebody's like, come on, I think it's great what you're doing because you're slightly overdressed and I like that, But what's the etiquette on it? In your mind? Amy, Oh, I would.
Speaker 3: Take something, especially her first time she's meeting. It just helps, like you feel better going in there and she's right on with what she's taking. Maybe even a candle sometimes might work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about a puppy taking?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, nothing too over the top all.
Speaker 3: But then yeah, the more you hang out with them, obviously, I think that even the second time, you don't need to show up with something else. However, like you said, Bobby, if someone's inviting you over for dinner, even if you know them like really well, you probably talk to them more and you'd be like, hey, what can I bring? What how can I contribute aside? And you contribute that way. If they're like, oh, don't worry about it, then showing up with the bottle of wine still makes sense because they're there if.
Speaker 2: They have wine or margerite?
Speaker 3: Do is there something like you can contribute in that way because they're so just dinner.
Speaker 1: The effort, Yeah, more than what you're actually bringing. I didn't realize wine was so cheap. It depends what kind of wines. No, I'm talk about. Wine is the grocery store. You can get eight dollar wine you can get Yeah.
Speaker 3: You new it's real nice sometimes.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't. But it doesn't matter how it tastes because it's just the effort. I don't drink. So somebody brings a bottle of wine, I'm like, wow, how many hundred dollars this cost? Looked it up the other day? Six bucks?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 3: The wine pallette, I don't have it because I blindfolded myself and taste tested like a twenty five dollar bottle line and a four dollar bottle line, and I couldn't tell the difference.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox, if you get invited somewhere, because I feel like your sensibilities will be different.
Speaker 6: This is so stupid. Why are we taking items to people's houses? Well etiquette, It's like if it's a pot lug and they say, hey, can you bring chips and saucer?
Speaker 5: Can you bring the dessert? Okay, But if you're invited.
Speaker 6: Somewhere and they don't tell you to bring anything, there is no need to bring a present. So every time I go to someone's house, I'm supposed to bring a present.
Speaker 5: This is stupid.
Speaker 6: Every time ever, I okay, So every time I meet someone, I have to bring them a present.
Speaker 2: If they're having you over, you.
Speaker 1: Have to get mad about it. I get quite angry just talking about what the etiquette is. We're not even forcing him to bring anything.
Speaker 2: What about if we ask him this?
Speaker 6: So every time someone comes out of Morgan's house, why didn't she invite those people over so she gets the gifts.
Speaker 2: That's not what it's about. That's not what it's about, you know.
Speaker 1: Instead of a bunch of cool gifts, it's like, ooh, I'm so happy I have this. It's mostly just the gesture of someone thinking ahead, going I am coming to your house. Since you're inviting me in and it's an early time, I want to show my appreciation by thinking a little extra than just showing up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like or I brought my favorite cookies or something like that. I thought you might enjoy and lunchboks. I think if you had people over, you wouldn't mind if they showed up with a gift for you.
Speaker 5: But I wouldn't have.
Speaker 1: All this being said, I never remember my wife from ours. I never remember to take any Also, I don't go to people's houses, like right.
Speaker 2: It might be a male female stag.
Speaker 1: Three last time with anybody's house nineteen ninety three thing, Yeah a bit, it's been a bit, but I don't don't. I don't remember that stuff.
Speaker 4: And you might be right, it could be a girl thing, because like, I've never done that, well remember taking anything in someone's house.
Speaker 2: Morgan's Boyfriend's like, hey, you don't have to worry about that.
Speaker 3: Whi's true, we don't really have to worry about it, but it's just we like it.
Speaker 1: Would you ever be annoyed if you invited someone over. Let's say you were you were grilling out and you invited like eight people and there's a few people that had ever been over for a girl out. Would you be invited if they showed up with nothing?
Speaker 2: No, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox did that like ten times in a row. I'm like, you know, that's just what he's gonna do.
Speaker 1: Right, because you wouldn't have even thought about it.
Speaker 6: Because if you're grilling out, you're saying, hey, I'm making the food. Come over if you want me to bring something, to say, hey, can you bring the baked beans or something?
Speaker 1: But would you say can I bring anything? Or are you just waiting for them to tell you to bring something?
Speaker 6: Waiting for them to tell me because they're the ones, they're the ones hosting, they're the ones having the party.
Speaker 1: But you wouldn't even suggest is there anything I can bring? Even if it's like a false ask, when you really hope they say no, you're doing I guarantee you.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox's wife says to them, is there anything we can bring? Oh?
Speaker 1: She like hits them on the back. Yeah. Right after he hangs up, she calls him back.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you as this though. If you take, like say, a six pack of beer or a bottle of wine, right and you have to leave it no no, no no, and you put it on the counter and it's been an hour and no one's drinking it, oh, you feel like a loser, like well, not only that, but you kind of want it. Can you open up the bottle of wine that you brought, I don't know to start drinking it.
Speaker 1: Here's my We used to do cakewalks at church. Well those are cool, yeah, and everybody would even at school, mostly at church. Everybody would bring something and when no one would they win and never pick mine. I'll be insulted. Like, is that the one where you walk around the chairs and tell the music's not Yeah, it's kind of a version of that, or that. The cake walks a bit different. There are all these like standing places and everybody walks around and you stop and they draw a number. No one loses. But when somebody wins, like number eleven, and you're like oh, and you go to the table and you pick one of the cake or cupcakes, but they're not picking your No. I went to pick a wiggle and got six cupcakes. It's certain color that I thought was finn Nobody ever picked it. Like that, you feel like a loser getting picked in dodgeball again.
Speaker 3: A potlugant church on Sundays, like the castrole dishes, there would be some that would be basically empty and then some that barely even dimmed, And I would put those on my plate just becuz.
Speaker 1: Oh, you're saying it wasn't your stuff. You just feel bad for that person, Like.
Speaker 3: No one has even dipped into this, So I just put a scoop on my plate.
Speaker 4: That was fine, And that's not fair. How do they know it didn't taste good? Like just because of what people are eating, probably because it's or did someone take a bike?
Speaker 1: Be like, don't get that one? That's interesting too. Usually it's some vegetable medley typing though that nobody wants to eat it, like some healthier like keen law or something. What's lunchbox? This thing he likes? Oh peanut, there's something else that he knew. It's probably ghost something?
Speaker 5: Is this guy? That stuff's good? Man, it's just like Rice Morgan.
Speaker 1: I think you're nailing it. Take stuff. Better to take stuff and be a bit too much than not take anything, and then to be like dang, better to be over dressed than under.
Speaker 6: And now you have to do it for the rest of the time because you started with some of the.
Speaker 1: Early times just early new friends. Yes, even a year from nom it's brand new and second thing not if you're just like swinging by to pick them up or going in for a few minutes, but Yeah, if you're like there for an hour plus you take.
Speaker 7: Something, Yeah, I feel like it shows appreciation too.
Speaker 1: I don't do it, but I do think do as I say, not as I do, because I don't remember and I don't go places. Says three. I'm not a big ghost guy, meaning I think if there were ghosts, and there may be, I don't think they'd let us see them, or we could see them, or they're just chilling and they like I wish you guys could see me and they you can't. Okay, fine, it's Scuba has said he had a ghost go in his body once, like go for a ride and then come out like his nose and he just started crying. And so remember that story.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, the ghost used him as a conduit to get out of the house or something.
Speaker 1: I believe, went up his bike, came out his nose after he took a nice joy ride. Yeah, good kid. But I'm not a big ghost guy. But I'm also not a guy's like there's no such thing. But I so Morgan thinks now after spending the day with Scuba, the ghosts actually follow him around even today.
Speaker 7: Why, well, so it was in a hallway Scuba, Steve was running around like crazy, and he walks past me, and all the lights just flicker as they're following Scuba.
Speaker 1: Is it possible the house was so old that when he was running, it was like knocking the wiring.
Speaker 5: YEA, true.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen to anybody else.
Speaker 7: I mean we were walking around the whole time. Everybody else was moving around and no lights were flickering. But Scuba walks and it follows him. This wasn't just a flicker of light random in a corner. It was where Scuba Steve was as it was following him. And I couldn't believe what.
Speaker 1: You notice that Scuba was this upstairs by chance? No, it was everywhere you went.
Speaker 8: You don't even notice, Okay, because what's weird is yesterday, when we were doing all this were I had this envision or this thought of my grandfather, because my grandmother's not doing well. She's in hospice, and so there was this Marshal like amp that was converted into a speaker box and I was like, oh, Marshall, it's my grandfather's name. I was like playing around with it, and just in all these memories of him came up, and I got pretty emotional. So that's actually kind of weird. I wonder if it was my grandfather see a.
Speaker 1: Lot of ghost guy. But when you say something like that and it does that story if true, I'm assuming you didn't make that up. If so, no, no legit. But like, that's pretty cool to think that possibly that could have happened.
Speaker 4: But why would his grandfather be with him? Wouldn't his grandfather want to be with his grandmother?
Speaker 1: Well, but you're you're using the logic of organic bodies. Yeah, six hours. Yeah, he could possibly be in two places at once. You're you're saying a ghost has to be singularly in one place. It's not like our bodies.
Speaker 3: Now, he could be okay, good, Yeah.
Speaker 1: You're you're assigning human form take things that aren't human. You're right, by the way, Why am I fighting for them? Because I don't believe in him?
Speaker 5: I don't know, But Scuba sounds very convincing.
Speaker 3: But it could be too that Scuba's open to it, since he's already had ghost encounters.
Speaker 1: Right up his open home.
Speaker 3: And so when he sees the Marshall Speaker and he he thinks of his grandfather, he's inviting his grandfather to appear when we're closed off and you never even think that that could happen, then maybe we shut off opportunities.
Speaker 1: I'm down with that because I would not say that's wrong. But I don't know that him being down with that makes it happen, right. I know Morgan saw if Scuba was like I saw everywhere I went the lights flickered, and we're all like, shut up with your ghosts flying up your keystairs.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 1: But Morgan's the one who saw and Scuba didn't. But Scuba has a story about his grandfather who's passed away his name. That's a little coincidental.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and my nun is in hospice, so I think he's trying to be there for me to kind of like make me feel better about it.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Oh, I I want a jury. I now believe in ghosts, just that guilty guilty of being real.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm sorry about your grandma's Scuba.
Speaker 1: Yeah, me too. I'm too obsessed with this bit though. It have feelings, so sorry. You know we had a good life together. Well no, no, oh boy, So what do you think, Scuba? Do you did you notice that at all? You know?
Speaker 8: I think physical nothing physical The only thing that that was that could relate to that is me thinking of my grandfather. Because of my grandmother. I didn't see or feel or nothing. So that's weird that Morgan saw something and I didn't even feel it. Morgan, after he tells you that story, what do you feel and think?
Speaker 2: Oh, I already I already believed it as soon as I saw it.
Speaker 7: Once you see something with your own eyes in that situation, how it just came across in my brain.
Speaker 1: I was like, there's no, that's a ghost.
Speaker 7: There's absolutely no way that's anything else.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I hear you. But I could always find a reason that it wasn't a ghost. Like even my head was like, we were an old house. Yes, if he's running, listen, Scuba's not one hundred and ten pounds. He's an adult man. And if he's running, what adult man runs down a hallway? And maybe it's an old house and the wiring shakes or something, sure, or maybe you were drunk?
Speaker 3: It was it?
Speaker 4: So was it like dimming of the lights or was it like oh, out and then back on out and back on. Yeah, it's a short that's what I thought. Yeah, it was it like as he was running was like no.
Speaker 1: Sound, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was just how it was moving.
Speaker 7: The lights were moving on and off as he was running. It wasn't like the whole hallway went off. It was like following him, like a.
Speaker 1: Movie where it's like click click click click click. I would like to say, if any ghosts are listening, I'm not a ghost hater in any way whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Welcome them.
Speaker 1: Welcome, Yeah, what's up, buddy.
Speaker 5: Welcome.
Speaker 1: If you're real, that's freaking amazing. I love it. Ghosts ghosts twenty twenty four. You don't put them on the ticket.
Speaker 2: We're calling the ghosts.
Speaker 3: You could also just say, like the you know, I feel the presence of us my mom if you, Bobby, you ever felt the presence of your mom?
Speaker 1: Nope?
Speaker 2: Like, well, who is it we were talking about?
Speaker 1: I find a way to not think that's real. I dream, I have dreams my mom's come to be in my mom's alive, but I think I'm probably just thinking about it, so it comes.
Speaker 2: Ah, well, or she's coming to you in absolutely I mean.
Speaker 1: Your grandmother one where the guitar fell out there again the air condition came on or something right around that time.
Speaker 2: Right, you can always explain abso want to science.
Speaker 1: I'm big science guy.
Speaker 7: I will also say that there was another witness to this, not on any of it in the show, somebody that was working there, and we both just kind of looked at each other like and we felt it.
Speaker 1: It just fell off. So this witness that Morgan's talking about, Morgan was like, somebody witnessed it. I think his name was Gerald. We went over and it was like who I was asking, like, who's Gerald? And they were like, Gerald has lived her in a hundred years.
Speaker 4: He died.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly. Well, Scuba, does that make you feel good, like like a bit of piece because she's saying this and mate, possibly that's what happened.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it does because I was thinking about him, and whenever I think about someone like that who has passed, I always kind of a little bit inside me is like I would like to see them. I don't know if I could physically handle it, but any sort of sign will be really cool. So even though I didn't see the sign, I'm affirmed by Morgan saying she saw So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Gerald, I lived here straight, Gerald Gerald, here's a picture him in nineteen twelve. And Morgan's like that's him. That's him. He was just here. I like it for you, Scuba, thank you too.
Speaker 5: I like it.
Speaker 1: And I'm sorry about your grandma. And if your grandpa's chilling, that's pretty cool it is. I mean, he's looking out for you. And if there's a short in that house, I should fix it because it's a fire. Hasn't. There's an episode of The Bobby Cast that's up. It's me and Zach Brown at my house for an hour. And I've never hung out with Zach Brown for an hour. I've hung out with him fifty minutes. I've hung out with him outside of the show for twenty minutes with other people, but never for an hour. And we just we go to town and we're talking about him and Bruce Springsteen are kind of they're buds, kind of yeah, And he was talking about the best advice that Bruce Springsteen gave him, even Springsteen.
Speaker 9: I remember the time I talked to him. I was like, tell me something, that's the most important thing that you can tell me for my career. And his reply was, you need to sweat every day for an hour.
Speaker 5: I don't care what you do.
Speaker 9: Just go go find a find a place walk, run, work out whatever it is, sweat for an hour a day.
Speaker 1: And after he told me that, I was like, all right, he's a boss.
Speaker 5: I gonna do that. So he did it.
Speaker 1: He's ripped. Huh, he's extremely strong. Yeah, he's tattooed. I mean again, I've never spent an hour with them that close. It's very intimate thing to do the Bobbycast because it's just us. We were relying on each other to get through the hour. He accidentally revealed the big residency they're doing in Vegas, and that don't the Bubble, the Dome, the Sphere, the Sphere. Yeah, yeah, they're doing a whole residency there.
Speaker 9: Next year we're going into the Sphere. We're gonna do a residency of the Sphere. When I went to see the thing when you two was loading in before the building was open, and saw what it was and the possibilities or whatever, it's like, this is my moment, this is my moment to create something that so far exceeds everyone's expectations. That we're in a different category now and that's our plan. So March next year, you have to come to.
Speaker 1: See us at the Sphere, right, you have to. I know, mostly they don't mean that. It sound like he meant that.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I think it's like you have to come, as in like if you want to have a good time, you have to come. Like that's implied more than like you, Bobby, I need you to come so I can have your input. Big difference there, But check out the Bobby Cast. Go search for it wherever you get your podcasts Amy's Pile of Stories.
Speaker 2: I do believe in true love.
Speaker 1: I think love is something that you have to work for to have it deeply. I think you can get to true love, but I don't think that it exists in that you find a true love. I think you work for true love. I think you it's like success says, is it just thrust upon somebody? You have to actually work to get real success. Some people have to have given to them, but that's not success. So my answer as does it exist? Yes? Is it out there for everybody?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 1: Not those who don't put the work in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or they're not they're totally not open into it.
Speaker 3: And that's different than like a soulmate, because I used to think that there was just a soulmate. You're this absolutely one person out there for you, And I don't know. I think we all have the potential with being with people. And to your point, Bobby, when you work at it and you have that love, it can be a true love.
Speaker 1: What I have learned is love is not based on all the good things. Oh bad love. Good love, No, not bad love. But sometimes you have to go through bad crap to develop different parts of that love. Like some of those muscles don't even work until you have to go through bad crap together.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a good point.
Speaker 3: And in the survey it said that one in ten married people who believe in true love say they've actually never experienced it before.
Speaker 2: So that made me sad.
Speaker 3: And to your point, it means maybe they just haven't had certain life experiences together, or they're not working towards having that true connection.
Speaker 2: So let's all do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't, it's just words, but I do think that it's an investment and once, at some point, that investment pays off in a great way with some people, more than your marriage.
Speaker 3: Is probably the most love you've ever felt allowed yourself to feel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nineteen ninety nine Arkansas beat Tennessee. Though after ninety eight when we fumble like that's set close second, though, that's a close second. We have fumbled. Ninety eight Clinch Starner fumbled and we've gone for the national championship and it's ugly. But ninety nine we came back and Anthony Lucas touched on past. That was that's close second. That's well, we can't be serious. No, I'm serious, a hard tech bro. What else.
Speaker 3: So a mom on TikTok is going viral because she's also a psychologist, and she says that she never returns the cart at the grocery store because she has two young kids and once she gets them buckled up in the car and she's unloaded the groceries into the trunk, she can't leave them and go return the cart to the little cubby or back to the store.
Speaker 1: This is easy. You park near the cubby, then correct, you part near the Yeah, I take her license away. That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: I thought if I learned that this was my therapist, I would think, Okay, well, I'm not sure that I can trust what you're ever telling me anymore, because I adamantly just agree with this and the fact that you're standing so firmanent that you're going viral on TikTok.
Speaker 2: It's like it's got to let some things go. But she's like, no, I don't need to take it back. It's not my responsibility.
Speaker 1: It's not her responsibility, but it also it's my responsibility to go. I don't like her that much and that she doesn't have I feel like she doesn't really factor in other people's emotions. Job where Hey, I saw my feeling is I don't like her. I bet she puts it behind another car too, for sure. Hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, some people just leave it.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 3: This whole survey was done around it, and it's like, well, some people are like, yeah, I normally return it, but like if it's raining, I'll just leave.
Speaker 1: It when my car leave it. But I can not like you, correct, so, but you can't leave it. They do have people. I listened to the hobby lobby. I had to get carts lunchboxs had to get carts at Sam's Club, episode four nineteen.
Speaker 5: No, it was it was started at sixty four fifty three. My career ended at sixty four to sixteen.
Speaker 2: Correct, So all right, but unanimously in this room we all return cards.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I'll take it all the way in.
Speaker 5: I'll take it all the way to the store. You don't take it to the store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe them.
Speaker 1: What put it there was somebody And that's nicer, yes, because they don't have to go all the way around. But again, as someone who had to drag carts, it sucks. So you take it the store.
Speaker 4: It's much easier, less cars to drag. Okay, well, you got kids buckled up in the car, you're not taking Sometimes I just take kids to the store for no reason, and I still do it. I just pick up kids sid road. You guys go to the store, all right?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 2: Siliucomb's obviously has a lot of money now.
Speaker 3: But his first gig was near his college campus in Boone, North Carolina, and he said he played country covers and it was one dollar to get in the door, and there was like one hundred to two hundred people there.
Speaker 2: So you know that's what he's making. And then you got banned to play.
Speaker 3: Split it all up, and so from going from one dollar to now, probably how much you think he makes per show now.
Speaker 1: Well, the stadiums, they're a pretty good deal.
Speaker 2: It's probably not bad.
Speaker 3: So this is just a story and a reminder of hope, and you too can be like homes, but sometimes you got to start. Like he was grinding it out doing what he loved to do, even though it was just like a dollar a person to get in the door.
Speaker 1: He probably, this is an interview from is on a stadium tour four or five million bucks a show? Now that's growth gross. He probably, I mean he probably nets a million bucks a show on those stadium shows. With stadium shows, yeah, I would tour every day of that year. You can't, though there are only so many states like every day in like arenas. He probably is netting three four thousand dollars a show. I'm just guessing. But based on oh my, I mean, so.
Speaker 5: Stadium show, you can do fifty.
Speaker 1: In a year. But no, you can't just do one hundred, man.
Speaker 6: You have to No, no, got, it's not unliss okay, and then peace out for the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: Amy you good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So that Luke shared that on an interview Dale Earnhardt Junior's podcast.
Speaker 2: So if you want to check out the whole shot, you can.
Speaker 1: Speaking of show's Tuesday, January June twenty fifth, eight seven Central and ABC It's CMA Fest three hour television event. Jelly Roll Ashley McBride, It's gonna be real good. Cody Johnson, Jelly Roll, Hardy Luke, Bryan, Ashley McBride, Brothers, Osbourne, Bailey's Immermann. I could keep going, but you get the point. Cmafest dot Com Slash TV Dash Special But Tuesday, June twenty fifth, eight seventh Central on ABC and then the next day on Hulu that was Amy's Pile of Stores. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 4: Ready, It's ten am and Charleston, Indiana and Zoe. She wakes up because she smells smoke. She's like, oh my gosh, what is that. She opens the door, she sees an orange glow.
Speaker 1: I think there's a fire.
Speaker 4: So she reaches over, wakes up her twin sister, who's sleeping right next to her. Wake up, there's a fire. They both get up. They go to the next room where they're twin cousins. Are twins for this family only two sets. Their twin cousins are sleeping. Wake up, they're three years old. Wake up, both of you guys.
Speaker 1: Wake up.
Speaker 5: Now. We gotta get dad.
Speaker 1: So they all they go wake up dad. Dad's like, what's going on. There's a fire.
Speaker 5: Let's go.
Speaker 4: They all get out of the house just in time because the house was a total loss.
Speaker 1: Do you have fire safety plans at your house? Is with your kids, Eddie Amy lunchbarks. Yeah, we have a fire blanket, fire blanket. Yeah, we've thrown like a route, you know, like this is the downstairs out the front door. Well no, it's so yeah, downstairs for sure.
Speaker 4: But we have these ladders in everyone's rooms where like, that's good thinking, put those ladders on the windows.
Speaker 1: Problem is, once they get old enough to want to go out, you just give them away to get out of the house. No, no, no, those those they're sealed, so I know they've used them unless they go by another one.
Speaker 3: You wait, you're telling me in case of fire they have to take time to unpackage them.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah yeah, but it's an easy seal. But I mean, like, once that seal is broken, I know.
Speaker 5: They've used it.
Speaker 1: But it's also like break glass in case emergency, right yea, so we can't use it again. My point is they could go buy another sealed one put in their room, so you stop giving them ideas. Use the one to get out and that can always be their get out one while they have the sealed one. No, no, dude, I bet you their minds haven't even gone there.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, you aren't going to sneak out. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are your parents?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I just really don't.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox anything with your kids. I know.
Speaker 6: We don't even talk about fire safety because I don't want to terrify my kids about a fire.
Speaker 5: Got it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and that's really what works. That's probably not the right talk about it. Yeah all right, thank you. Good story. That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. Lunchbox found the story where people are renting their backyards to people so smart for like kids to play her for Oh no, no, no, no dogs, it's a dog park.
Speaker 6: Ten dollars an hour. You can bring your dogs over and play in my backyard. They're making thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know about. I don't know about.
Speaker 1: Here's the story here from Yahoo. Emily owns a house with a big backyard. It's about sixty miles from downtown Chicago. A year ago, she started unning out her backyard as a private dog park, charging ten dollars an hour. The income she has earning from the side hustle through the app, sniff Spot has helped the single mom of too. While it's not a large amount of money, it covers nearly two mortgage payments throughout the year. Additionally, it's allowed her to purchase new tires for a vehicle, handle some bills.
Speaker 9: Uh so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't hear thousands.
Speaker 6: That's thousands mortgage, if that's what I'm saying. So, guys, this is our chance to open a dog park. I feel like I live in a dog park. I'm being honestly exactly anyway.
Speaker 5: And that's why it's perfect.
Speaker 6: People would pay more than ten dollars an hour to come hang out in our backyard.
Speaker 1: Oh you want to like charge them the lunchbox celebrity rate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so you just want to give them your address.
Speaker 5: You got to do.
Speaker 1: Background checks, but yeah, you're gonna do background checks on every single person that gets on the app to come and rint your backyard. I'm looking at this at the sniff Spot. Eight dollars an hour fully fenced point two five acres. See ten dollars an hour fully fenced point oh six acres. But there's a toy in it. How cool? Twenty dollars a dog per hour. And this one's fully fenced point six acres. I mean it's all over. Yeah.
Speaker 6: You throw like a little old dog pool out there so they can swim. I mean you can charge more cost. I mean it's just a little baby pool of plastic. Can get it from Walmart. Throw some water in it.
Speaker 1: You gotta clean it all the poop.
Speaker 5: Hey, you gotta clean your own poop. You do it to dog parts.
Speaker 1: I don't poop in the yard. Oh you mean, I'm gonna pass on this one, But I think it'll be funny if you did it, I may try it out. You have a fully fenced in yard.
Speaker 5: I got a fully fenced in yard.
Speaker 1: It's probably about point one acres.
Speaker 6: Point one point Oh, I don't know the difference.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't matter. It's time for Amy in the morning Corny, The morning corny.
Speaker 2: What do you call a Christian tobacco store? Holy smokes?
Speaker 1: That was the morning Corny? All right, country music lyrics. Here's the example I'm gonna give you and friends in Little Place is by Garth Brooks. What did he ruin by showing up in boots.
Speaker 5: Affair? Black tie affair?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's an example. No need to fight over at kids, it's a black tie a fair. But the answer would have been a black tie afair because we go blame it all on my roots, showed up in boots and ruined your black tie fair. That's how it goes. So it's trivia questions about lyrics. Okay, write your answer down. There are five of these. In Amarillo by morning by George Strait, the singer is traveling north from what city? In Amarillo by morning by George Strait, the singer is traveling north from what city? Could be it? Five seconds and lunch you in? Yeah, what do you have?
Speaker 5: San Antonio?
Speaker 1: Eddie, san antone? Amy up from San anton Yeah, Amarillo by morning up from San anton Good job everybody. It's this a fun game.
Speaker 5: Huh Yeah.
Speaker 1: Tricky little tricky question two. In the chorus of Tim McGraw's song something like that, what kind of stain did he have on a shirt? Hold? Amy's in lunchboxes in Eddie is still coming up in the chorus of something like that from Tim McGraw, What kind of stain was on a shirt? I'm in lunchbox barbecue, staying on my white T shirt, Amy Barbecue staying Eddie Barbecue. Yeah, I had a barbecue, staying in my white T shirt. She was killing me in that mini skirt. Nic shop, No missus, good job, everybody, next one. What are the names of the couple in the song She's the Love of the Boy by Trisha Yearwood, Oh, Lunchbox might take the lead out, but he couldn't have written it that fast, but he got it. I mean I have names, he announced it prominently. I'm in I can't and this is the one song he knows.
Speaker 2: I can't unhear these two names, and I have no idea of the right.
Speaker 1: Everybody good, Yeah, Amy, what do you have? Katie and Tommy Lunchbox?
Speaker 6: Katie and Tommy, Eddie, Katie and Tommy's okay, Katie and Tommy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Katie looks Tommy like I still look at you. She's in love with the next one up. In Heads, Carolina tells California by Jody Messina. She's got people in Boston, But what city does she ask? If your daddy is still in the guys are too quick? In Head's, Carolina tells California by Jody Massina. She's got people in Boston, But what city does she ask? If your daddy is still in? I'm in alright five seconds, August, I think HM time, lunchbox. I need to answer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got one.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, Santa Clara, oh h incorrect, Amy Eddie des Moine correct? Can you sing the line?
Speaker 2: And daddy is still in the moon?
Speaker 1: I got people in Boston. Ain't your daddy still in the mon?
Speaker 5: That good?
Speaker 1: Last one unless we go to tiebreaker and Jacoben's song Barefoot, Blue gen Night. What was the name of his buddy that had his dad hook him up? Good? I'm in the wind lunchbox Forrest set a shout out.
Speaker 6: Shout out to Forest because I don't know the answer and they hate it, so it wouldn't matter.
Speaker 2: Is it Ricky?
Speaker 1: No, it's Frankie. It's Frankie Kindia Horns on the hood. My buddy Frankie had his dad hook him up good. Join five for five the winner,