Speaker 1: Of the Law and Order franchises, SVU is considered especially watchable.
Speaker 2: We are the amateur detectives who kind of investigate the vicious felonies. These episodes are based on. These are our stories.
Speaker 3: Done done.
Speaker 2: Yay, that's messed up an SVU podcast. We have another episode coming to you. My name is Lisa Traeger.
Speaker 1: My name is Kara Klank, and yeah, we do a podcast about Law and Order SVU. We talk about the episodes, we talk about the true crimes they're based on, and we speak to a guest sometimes. And before that we like to catch up because now we live on zupper coasts and this is our moment to see what's going on, What's up with you, what's up with me?
Speaker 2: What's up? Honestly, I really predictable. I would say it's a lot of Bravo, a lot of Soul Cycle and a lot of comedy so and a lot of you know, I bought a couple tel fars and that's just.
Speaker 4: I yeah, basic And anyway, you know what your business manager said that that's.
Speaker 2: Fine, Yeah, it's fine. Well I want a clear bag for the beach. Great, I want a beach bag, baby, yes, yes, And but that's That's pretty much it I have. I wish I had something new and exciting, but you told me about an update. What is it?
Speaker 4: What's happening?
Speaker 2: Tell me?
Speaker 1: Oh well, okay, wait, I have a little update on one of the true crimes that we have covered when we did the Sherry Rasmussen murder, the woman who is based on the other Marcia gay Hearted episode where she is she kills her boyfriend's new her ex boyfriend's like new wife, and then she hit it for years and she was an LAPD detective. So her parole, she'd been granted parole back in life, I think November or something, and recently they're reconsidering it. They're reconsidering the parole and her family is the family of the victim is thrilled, of course, but there.
Speaker 4: Can you do that? I didn't even know you can do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's basically like Gavin Newsome asked for a There's some word they use, like like I now, I can't find the word, but it's basically like they think maybe there was something not cool that went on with the decision to give her parole, and so they're asking them to like re examine it. He's asking them to like, re examine it. The parole grant for her, so how much time served? Because if it's a few decades, I'm okay with it. But if it's less, it's like you were part of law enforcement and committed crime and hit it Like no, no, no, no, you don't get to just run around town, right right, But if you serve twenty I'm okay with it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So she was convicted in March of twenty two, twelve. She committed the crime in eighty six, so she got away with it for a long ass time. No better ask back in jail, what did she do? Have sex for parole? I'm thinking two orange is the new black? But like, what was shady about it?
Speaker 2: I feel like she had a personal connection with someone and because she's law enforcement, like, there's no fucking way you murder get away with it for decades and only serve eight what I think.
Speaker 1: She served eleven when she got parole, But now they're keeping her and.
Speaker 4: I would be pissed if I was her.
Speaker 2: Fair, I mean that is that's tough to think you're out and then you're not. But I don't have like sympathy for this person, right right.
Speaker 4: And so we will see she was an.
Speaker 1: Art theft investigator, remember, and like she hid this whole fucking murder and it was a twenty seven year to life prison sentence but she got after serving eleven. I'm like, I think I need to see you up there closer to twenty.
Speaker 2: Girl, That's what I mean. Yeah, if there was double digit, not eleven, like an actual double digit. I heard it here first, eleven is no longer.
Speaker 1: Counting, no, no longer famously a single digit number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, like you also, like you also for twenty five years or something like, lived your life and hid this family, had no closure.
Speaker 4: That's like torture, you know.
Speaker 2: And your law enforcement you should have worst penalties, like to me, if you are on the side of the law, you should have were Yeah, it should be worse. You should get your fingers chopped off. Go back to Hammurabi. I don't want to say it like I'm saying it wrong. Aladdin Hammurabi's Aladdin. Yes, No, but Amarabie is I think a real person and time frame.
Speaker 4: But it was like, you're.
Speaker 2: Saying it correctly, Okay.
Speaker 4: It kind of sounds like halloumi And now I just want cheese and I love Halloumi so much. Oh my god, that's the best cheese. I love it.
Speaker 2: But I'm open to experiencing Hallumi in a way that I love.
Speaker 1: What's that place in New York I used to get delicious Hallumi.
Speaker 2: It's like right by where you live. It's Cafe Mogador. Yes, are you impressed? And oh wait, I was talking to someone I for Oh god, I have no memory anymore of anything. But they mentioned one word about SVU. They were like, oh, the child ended up being the pedophile. I'm like, did he have a bowl cut and he was addicted to porn because his dad worked too much. But they first thought it was the Jewish sect and they go, yeah, that that is what I mentioned. Like, it's just one word. Your illness is showing. Well, another illness has started. I don't know how deep you are into the new Drag Race All Stars nine. The first one, the first one, you know they released the second for us and the stuff. Yeah, the second one's available and it's pit Stop and Fashion Photo Reviewer out too, So I got a full experience.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you know, I don't know how to think.
Speaker 2: Unless you Tube tells me how to think about the Queens you know what.
Speaker 1: Were you what were you gonna Were you gonna say something else about drag Race or just that you watched it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 2: I don't love that there's no steaks like that is hard we're going to say because even for the first one where no one went home, it did have like the there were just more stakes because now we're also playing for charity. And I bet even if you don't win a lot, they're going to donate a certain minimum to your charity, right I I They're not gonna leave like trans homeless kids on the loose, like because you know their person didn't win a challenge because.
Speaker 1: The yeah, the the winners were going for money in the All Winner season, they were going for money right like that they were going to earn. I think it should be like you win this big prize and then it's matched to your donation or something like. I need there to be a reason that they're all competing like and then they're key king too much.
Speaker 2: There's having too much fun and I need a little bit of not violence. But I just want the edge that I'm not really getting. And they all know each other so well and love each other, and they revere each other and it's just a little too positive for me.
Speaker 1: You're using all of the words that I've been using on a chat with other people the same thing.
Speaker 4: I was like, there's no edge. It's like a little bit too positive.
Speaker 1: It's a little bit too like look, look, look, I absolutely get that drag is like under fire right now certain states people are psychotically equivalent, like, you know, equating drag with like child molesters.
Speaker 4: It's insane and but.
Speaker 1: Like a little bit of like drag is also like edgy and like and then it's like we just get these musicals that are like drag will save the world, and I'm kind of like, a, right.
Speaker 2: I got the same with the song. I'm like, can we just have a little more fun? I don't need a we are the world? Yeah, I don't are the world.
Speaker 4: But it's like, but like I like that they tell people to vote.
Speaker 1: I like that they like try to say we like that they had that the message is but I think that just by existing and doing what you want and doing like cool numbers and funny references and stuff like that and stuff that's edgy, Like you are existing and you are on this platform that is doing that job for you, but maybe this is coming off like my like my Barbie problems, which was like, oh, don't we all know feminism is good? But like you know, there are some parts of the country where maybe they need this hammered into them more. But I for for me, for like what drag is supposed to be, I think it's just a little bit too And I know where it's coming from. I've worked on the show, Like I know who's responsible basically for all of this, like all of this like go like cis boom ba like raw raw drag stuff, which I agree with of course a thousand times.
Speaker 4: But I'm just like and even.
Speaker 2: Though the song, like I think we both are, like.
Speaker 4: It's a little corny.
Speaker 2: They are incredible, Yeah, can tell that they're all stars, Like they truly are also good. There's not even a slip I mean there is a slip up Nina West unacceptable.
Speaker 4: Oh you haven't even seen the second one.
Speaker 2: Oh I haven't seen the second Sorry to be uh it's a ball Okay, Okay, you got it's just disgusting. You need taste, you need a little bit of taste. I'm sorry, it could be it could be bad. I don't know. You'll you'll see it. But plast Seek's amazing. I love the queens. I love them, I love them hanging out. It's just not why No.
Speaker 1: They're all gorgeous. That's why it's all stars. They're beautiful. They're gorgeous. I need steaks.
Speaker 4: I need a reason why am I watching this?
Speaker 2: Like why?
Speaker 4: Like you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, because if my friend was saying, if it's for charity, then why not just have like a new group of queens every week and just make it like that's like a new.
Speaker 2: Form of the show. They're also no one is mean, like Roxy Andrews is helping everyone and she has this positive positive and I just can we And maybe it's because I'm so used to playing Jane now, but I yeah, a little bit of sh And they.
Speaker 1: Did the read they did the reads. The reads were good in the mini and they were fun. I'm so glad because you know, I famously worked on a season where the reading challenge got canceled because they all like couldn't read each other.
Speaker 4: Because that was a young season. That's what it is.
Speaker 2: The youth. They don't like mean. The youth are different than us, and it's a it's a more sensitive positive self accepting. They don't like what's it called when you make fun of yourself deprecating? Deprecating?
Speaker 1: I don't like that, and I just feel like I need and I've been listening to a lot of Tricksy and Contio's podcast, so forgive me.
Speaker 4: I know people don't like this word.
Speaker 1: I need more cuntiness, Like I need a little bit more cuntiness, Like I would have liked that first musical number to be like them all going out being like this is why I'm gonna fucking win because I'm the shit, you know, and like doing that, and then let's.
Speaker 4: Do the little drag saves the world.
Speaker 1: Like in three episodes or something, you know what I mean, Like I don't know. I just was like that was a little I'm obviously gonna keep watching and love it.
Speaker 4: I will continue watching.
Speaker 2: Also the pit Stop, like I love when Violet Shotski comes to town and she's the second episode and your episode I guess of the pit Stop with Trixy is one of the most watched of all time, but number one, Like she really is such a bitch, but it's perfect.
Speaker 4: Who read got meic?
Speaker 2: Like that? You?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, congratulations on like all your success and becoming Violet Tatchki's assistant or something like that.
Speaker 2: I was like, well, they asked her about it, and she goes, well, she is and she's actually doing a bad job.
Speaker 4: So if someone can apply.
Speaker 2: It was Violet. But Violet, even though they're drag family, like on the pit Stop, she legit had a different favorite and like, you know, she's not she's not biased in that kind.
Speaker 1: Of Wait, I gotta get I gotta get into the pets Shop.
Speaker 4: You would love it.
Speaker 2: It's like Tricksy and another queen just talking jokes. Yeah, I just I'm so. I mean, I love Bob and Trixie. They got the jokes. They got the jokes. Yeah, they're very popular.
Speaker 4: On the internet. So it makes sense.
Speaker 1: Did you you were just I don't know if you want to talk about this, but you just mentioned that you went to a New York city first for you, you didn't went to a place you'd never been before.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I was talking to a friend Sam J and I had mentioned that I've never been to the Blue Note and she loves it. Oh and so I was just like getting off stage at another venue and I had an hour and a half, maybe two hours to kill until my late spot and I got a text like serendipitous from the world and that said, hey, I got a table, you should come, And so I got in a car and I zipped on over and it was all sold out and I got to be like, my friend has a table, So that felt nice. But I just, you know, I only know about jazz clubs from Sex City, but these guys are incredible and she is really in depth with her knowledge. So she's like, oh, he played on Genuine's album, he played on this album. He went on tour with Eric Abadu, like sh she knew about them, and I just the trombones were amazing. And then I told her, I go, the trombones are my favorite. She goes, everything's a boy band to you, you gotta pick one, and I go, yeah, I guess that is me.
Speaker 4: But you know, I don't, man.
Speaker 2: But the only thing that sucks is like it is a tourist, super white, old Midwestern vibe, and it's like these musicians being like can someone move a little bit?
Speaker 4: Like can someone give a whoo?
Speaker 2: Like yeah, just like families at the like at twelve, like they're tired. They went to the Statue of Liberty in the day type of vibe. And that's how I feel at Kingston Minds in Chicago, where it's like the most soulful, incredible musicians, and then the crowd is just rhythmless whites, Like I don't really know how to say it, but they're used to it.
Speaker 4: They're making money.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 4: I also I wonder also if it's like like.
Speaker 2: And I love nothing more than chair dancing, Like nothing makes me happier than sitting.
Speaker 4: And being able to move my body, like like move your upper body only. Yes, yes, we love it.
Speaker 2: I got a wink from one of the musicians because he could tell I was really trying to woo and respond in a way that wasn't as dead as so many of them.
Speaker 1: But I wonder if they're used to it because you're putting it on it, Like when you go to the zoo and you see the animal that's alone. It's like they told you these animals don't need to be with anyone else or whatever. We are used to, like why is there no response? We're comedian, like you know, like you want to and like I was at a jet So when I lived in Rome, i lived across the street literally the same tiny little street from this jazz club in Rome that's called Alexander Platz and it's where talents mister Ripley has a scene and it's like a very famous jazz club. And I went there with my Italian friends one night and I remember it's like we were drinking. I think we're probably smoking cigarettes because you couldn't you can you could then, and I was like, would just like whisper something to a friend and they'd be like like it was like the vibe was like, don't speak, don't talk to your friends. This is about sitting here motionless and watching jazz.
Speaker 2: And I was like, okay, you know that's how the Green Mill in Chicago is, like I you can like secretly get fingered in a booth. I guess otherwise you have to be pretty silent at this. I don't know. It seemed like they'd be like who knows the words? But no, you're right that they are one hundred percent used to it. But then Sam J was telling me the next night there was gonna be a tap dancer who was on Sesame Street and he learned from Gregory Hines and that he's like this, like you know, black hero. And I go but will they be performed, Like is he gonna tap dance with this crowd? And they go no, a black, that signal has gone out, like it'll be the different crowd, So I'll have to ask her about it.
Speaker 4: Is it Savion Glover? That's exactly who it was?
Speaker 2: Oh, Savion Glover is well yeah, and then they mic the ground. I wish I knew, so I could have been cooler, but they mic the ground and one of the musicians she knows plays as he tap dances. But I wonder if for certain shows there's different you know, audiences or whatnot. But it was cool and I'd love to go again. But it's tough when you get to go VIP and then what are you gonna do? Now? Just look it in general? Yeah yeah, I can't do that. Well, I'll have to figure it out. I also fail, okay, so and we'll moving. But famously, I never know when anyone's on cocaine, Like it's just kind of auffla of mine superpower. I'm always tired and I don't have it, and then later I'm like, oh, they were on coke. So I found another blind spot. I was talking to someone that's really into soul cycle like I am. And we were talking about all the teachers and there's one that's like incredibly built, like a great god. And they were like, well, he's on steroids. I go, no, they go, yo, he does is burn like anyone that chiseled is on steroids.
Speaker 4: What They're like, can't you tell he's moody.
Speaker 2: I go, he is moody, and they're like, he's burning so many calories. There's no way he is maintaining that body from just soul cycle. And I go, oh my god, I'm like so stupid. I don't know steroids or cocaine.
Speaker 1: Wilhelm and Alaska talked about this one time on their podcast where they were like, any guy you know that is just like super super fucking jacked kind of out of nowhere. And I think they were talking specific about gay guys, but they were like, he has done a circuit, is doing circuit of.
Speaker 4: Steroids, like uh you know.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, okay, Like because that would have been for me. I would have been like, WHOA a lot of protein powder? Like I don't know what people are doing to get jacked, you know, Like no.
Speaker 2: I thought he counted as macroism, Like I assume just eating a lot of protein like nipping my wildest dreams, but it makes sense.
Speaker 4: His ass is just like phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Well, I went to I went to an equally iconic place as the Blue Note. I did go to Jackson's Bar yesterday last night. I'll tell a well, listen, I am loath to give. This is Jack's from vander Pump Rules, who is now on a show called The Valley. Unless you're not a Bravo head like us, And I'm not really watching The Valley. But I think I mentioned to you before. I was going with a friend who wanted We were trying to give our friend a little pick me up night and she wanted to go there, and I wasn't watching The Valley, so I quickly watched two episodes.
Speaker 2: Have you watched your watching? I'm actually shocked you're not watching The Valley. I am now, but I've watched two episodes.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked I'm not watching The Valley and I'm going to be watching Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When I watched it, I was like, oh, this is like the natural progression for me, Like I also have kids, like and live in la and I think, like I would think that it was a fun, like you know, and they have.
Speaker 4: A lot of wild drama going on, so it's fun.
Speaker 1: So we went and when we got there, we had a little picnic table. There are so many TV setups, so it's like, honestly a really great place to watch a show. So I did watch the vander Pump reunion because I was there, and.
Speaker 4: Then that's fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we all watched the vander pub reunion and then then the Valley episode came on, and they came, like a bunch of them came. So it was Kristin came and like they were all very casual. Kristin was in like leggings like and a shirt, like wearing makeup, but like she was dressed down and she came with her dog.
Speaker 4: And then Brittany was there.
Speaker 1: Wearing a T shirt that said my boyfriend's out of town, and I was like, interesting and that could barely contain her huge boobs. I'm sorry she got her boobs done to a size that is not good for her body like that. I hate Jacks for like making her get a huge boob job. And then the girl who's the beauty queen with the three kids who just had the twins, she was there, and she was very sweet and took a picture with our friends. So it was an experience. And I had Mima's beer cheese.
Speaker 2: No was the FAA drinks good.
Speaker 1: I had already had dinner, So everybody kind of ordered wings and like buffalo cauliflower and stuff like that, and I just ate a little bit of the beer cheese with the pretzel and I did enjoy it.
Speaker 4: It had like a kick to it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what beer cheese is supposed to taste, like, do you think it's going to be successful long term? Well, there were a lot of people there for this, And the thing is is like if they do play sporting events, I haven't been to a bar like it was just like rows of TVs on every wall, and I think it would be and then picnic tables. So I do think it's kind of the I think it's the kind of place where your girlfriend will go with you to watch a sports game because it's not gross, and the menu is like a little bit more elevated than just like wings and fries, you know, but like and then there's you know, there's like a decent glass of rose on the menu. You know. It's not like going to a full sports bar, but that it has all these TVs and stuff. But there were tons of people there. They were taking pictures with everybody. They were being really nice.
Speaker 2: The best, so you said, you know, unfortunately Brittany was demolished by an old, horrible sociopath and everyone did warn her. So I don't know what I feel. But who looked great?
Speaker 1: I thought Kristin looked great, like like, Kristin looked great.
Speaker 4: And I was like, you know, cause I don't think I think she's.
Speaker 1: Looks different from vander Pump now to the Valley, and I think sometimes it's her clothing choices where I'm always like this doesn't like sit well on you this outfit. But she looked really cute and she was nice, and yeah it was it was could you ask.
Speaker 4: Anyone for photos? Okay, So here's what happened. I didn't care.
Speaker 1: I didn't really care because I just I go, I just started watching the show two days ago, like, I don't really care.
Speaker 4: But they were like they really wanted to take a picture with Kristin.
Speaker 1: So our one friend that we were with, this girl, Casey, she goes, I'm just gonna go ask. I'm just gonna go ask, like she'd had like two three skinny margaritas, and I was like, I'm just gonna go ask her, but Kristin was in like a pretty intense conversation with someone, so she like bent down and went up to her, and Kristin did not even look and her didn't even move, so she just went, oh my god. I just like retreated and was like, oh my god, that was a fail that didn't work.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: And then it was so funny.
Speaker 1: So then when I saw the conversation like kind of come to a close, I went up to her and I said, Hi, my friends really want to get a picture with you. Do you mind, And she goes, oh my god, of course. I go, my friend just tried to say hi to you and you were in a conversation. And she goes, oh, I know, I felt so bad, And I go, she's mortified. So if you guys could talk it out, like I kind of tried to like work it out. So then they did a picture with her, and then I got in a picture with the girl with the kids, Nia, the girl who's like the beauty queen that does jiu jitsu or whatever, but I don't really know.
Speaker 4: Who she is, and did she look drop dead stunning?
Speaker 1: She was so beautiful and she was like someone was taking a picture of us. Oh it was our friend Lauren was taking the picture and uh, Neo was like flash like went in and like got her phone, like put the flash on, like knew how to knew her best light. And she was not wrong because in the photos she did look better with the flash on. So yeah, that was my fun little eve last night.
Speaker 2: It was huge and I'm shocked you didn't start with that immediately.
Speaker 1: I just remember that I did that, Like I wake up every morning and I'm like, what's happened in the past ten days? I don't know my memories scrub scrubbed clean every day like I'm in fifty first dates. And we will start the episode, yeah, but I would just like to say fuck Lala, and we'll talk about vander Pump Reunion three afterward next Yes, yes she I wasn't even watching this season, but I was like, girl, you are not this is not happening for you right now, like her, your dumb are bad, Laala, You're so stupid, And we will start, okay, thank you, yeah, really quickly before we start, always go to that's messed up live dot com. Go to the Lisa's website tab to see Lisa's tour dates.
Speaker 4: She'll be on the road.
Speaker 1: You can also there you can follow rate review our podcast on Spotify.
Speaker 2: Or Apple or wherever.
Speaker 1: And then also that has a shop our promo Codes link where you can get all of our promo codes to our ads in one place. So if you've got like a gift coming up, or something you've been meaning to buy that we advertise for, there's probably a link that will get you a deal, So get to it. And now let's start our episode.
Speaker 4: We are doing.
Speaker 1: Deception, very a very vague title for season four, episode two. This baby came out two thousand and two, and I've seen this one like twenty five times. This is one of the ones I've seen so so so many times.
Speaker 2: I would say a favorite for sure. You know, I'm not lighthearted, but no like soap operash totally. It's very death and sad. But and it took us forever because we really pushed for the guests. Yeah, we tried hard for you, and I wanted tot get her hands or any of it, any of them.
Speaker 1: We went through friends of guests we've had on that are friends with these people, and we still couldn't get anybody to commit, but it's fine.
Speaker 4: We needed to bring you the episode so their loss. They didn't get to talk to us.
Speaker 1: So we open on Olivia talking to a little girl named Chloe in a school library and they called in the big.
Speaker 4: Guns because Chloe drew something weird.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The picture is of her, her mother and her half brother, Kyle, and in the drawing she's crying and her dad's not in the drawing because he's out of town. And Olivia is like, is someone hurting you? And she says, I don't know. And she's super cute, this little girl, She's very cute. And now Elliet is walking down the stairs of the school talking to Chloe's teacher, who says Chloe's usually happy and outgoing, but lately has been withdrawn and she noticed bruises. I mean, this is classic when the school should be calling law enforcement or authorities. So Stabler says, we're going to take her to the hospital for an exam, but the teacher is like, well what do I tell her? Extremely high strung dad. He's a yeller, a corporate mogul type. His name is Laurence Fuller, and Elliott recognizes his name because Fuller Telecom is on his cable bill.
Speaker 4: So it'd be like if you were a.
Speaker 1: Teacher and one of the guys at your school was named Spectrum or something like that for me. So the teacher adds, oh, and her mother is Gloria Stanfield, an actress, which is such a Neil Bear name like these are. This is episode is from the Neil Bear like generation, and that just feels like Gloria Stanfield sounds like an old timey actress from the forties, and the teacher's like she did a few movies about ten years back, so it doesn't sound like she's still a popular actress, but enough that she has some name recognition. Back to Olivia talking to Chloe, who says she sat in the picture because quote, Mommy loves Kyle more than me, and she reads him stories but not her. They close the door and she's not allowed to go in there, but one time she went in because she heard noises and she thought mommy was crying, but they were playing in bed with no clothes on.
Speaker 2: Done.
Speaker 1: Done, We're at the credits. Okay, what's happening here At the hospital. The doctor is telling the detectives that Chloe shows no sign of sexual abuse, just bruises on her shins, which is typical of a five year old.
Speaker 4: And I can back that up.
Speaker 1: Rosie is bruised, baby healed wrist and tibia fractures though, but she doesn't remember how she got them. And then the dad is there and I recognize him immediately. And the actor's named Tom Mason. He has seventy five IMDb credits and he has acted for decades.
Speaker 4: Is that how I know him?
Speaker 1: No, I know him because he is from a classic episode of s You called Families, and he plays Jason Conner, a man who has two families and acts that accidentally leads to a brother and a sister.
Speaker 4: Fucking.
Speaker 1: This is a favorite that Lisa and I have done at our live shows and we love it. I mean, it's not based on a true crime as far as we know, and that's why we haven't done it on the pod, but it's a classic one of the camp y, are or crazier episodes with the line.
Speaker 2: I had sex with my sister, So.
Speaker 4: We love that.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: Here he is Lawrence Fuller and he wants answers on why his little cloak clow is in the hospital, and so the detectives get some info out of him. They're like, what's with the tibia the wrist, and he's like, oh, she was three, she fell off a slide.
Speaker 4: That would make sense.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't remember that, really, because I think that kids don't really start making memories until they're four or five, which is like, why am I spending money on these birthday parties?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: Elliott breaks it to him that Chloe seems to be indicating that there might be a sexual relationship going on between his wife and his son. So, just so you know the family dynamics, the son Kyle is from the dad's previous relationship. The guy is wavering between pissed at the cops but also suspicious of his wife, and he's gonna find out what the hell is going on here Back in the squad room, school records show that Kyle Fuller was a pretty normal, well adjusted kid until his mom dies in a car accident when he was in the second grade. So after that, behavior problems ensued. It got worse than fifth grade fighting an outburst, and that was the same year that his dad married Gloria Stanfield, so Craigan's like, well, maybe he was adjusting to his stepmother, and Munch suggests maybe the stepmother pulled a Woody Allen way back then and Woody and soon Yie. If you know the story of Woody Allan revealing he was in a romantic relationship with his adopted daughter Sunnyie who is now his wife, that all broke in nineteen ninety two, so ten years before this episode, but you know, the reference is there. Finn points out that having sex with a seventeen year old isn't illegal, but live is, like he turned seventeen last month.
Speaker 4: Do you think it just started like on his birthday?
Speaker 1: And this is back when Finn was still very black and white about the law, so he doesn't really care that like this woman, what this woman means to this kid as like a mother's son relationship as long as no laws are specifically being broken. So Benson argues that at a minim this is not a great environment for little Chloe, and Craigan sends Munch and Finn to go talk to Kyle. Elliott suggests they go speak to the quote hired help, and Craigan tells everyone to chill and to be chill.
Speaker 4: And discreet.
Speaker 1: So he so obviously we caught right to Munch and Finn marching up to this kid at his private school quad flashing their badges in front of all of his friends and being like, Hi, we're SVU. It's like, very subtle, just as Craigan was like, be discreet, guys, They're like, hello, son, we are the cops from the sex crimes. So Kyle is played by Jonathan Bennett, who I'm sure you all recognize as Aaron Samuel's from Mean Girls, which he made two years after this episode, And it looks like SVU was one of his first big acting jobs, and he just really looks like a baby here. He even looks older as Aaron Samuels a couple years later, of course he is, but you know it's a jump. They asked him if he's talked to his dad, how are things going at home, how he gets along with his stepmother, and he's like, if you think my stepmother and I are.
Speaker 4: Sleeping together like sex, that's just sick.
Speaker 1: She's been my step mom since I was ten, And it's like, dude, these detectives have seen way worse. But he's denied, and I deny at the Fuller Home, a vaguely British woman is telling Benson and Stabler that she signed an NBA and she can't tell them anything, so they threaten to call the IRS on Mary Poppins and tell her if they find out Gloria's bank sucked up.
Speaker 2: I don't like when they fucking bully the working class like this.
Speaker 1: The people that are gonna lose their jobs. I mean, we saw in the episode Abuse with Hayden Pantier.
Speaker 4: We saw another one we just do on the road.
Speaker 1: Sorry everyone, but the nanny gets deported for talking to the cops and.
Speaker 4: She didn't even give them that much information.
Speaker 2: Sorry if I also said working class, but I didn't know.
Speaker 4: You know, the staff, they are staff for these people, and they probably are immigrants.
Speaker 2: They're so vulnerable, and I it's it's like, stop it.
Speaker 4: I hate when they do things I don't like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So basically they just threaten this lady and they go, if Gloria goes down for banging your step son, you're going down with the sh Is that what you want? So she gives it up and she's like, okay, Well, a few weeks earlier, I walked in on Kyle and Gloria and she was kissing him in an unmotherly way. And then liv gets a phone call and the woman's like, but I hardly saw anything, and Live says, well, my phone call, says La. Gloria's back in town. She's at her lawyer's office, and our presence is kindly requested. When they get to the lawyer's office, Gloria is on the phone and just like cutely waves at them like they're fans. She's like, hi, you know, like and Gloria is played by Sherylyn Fenn, which the Twin Peaks heads like me No is Audrey Horn. I think that was her big break. She was in a bunch of other stuff, but Audrey Horn her role on Twin Peaks. She plays like a high school fem fatale kind of. She's just like a super sexy high school student. And she got nominated for I believe Emmy's and Golden Globes and stuff for that award.
Speaker 4: I don't know if she want anything, but that to me is where she pops.
Speaker 1: Also, I have famously talked about one of my Clank family classics, just one of the guys is where the boy goes undercover the girl goes undercover as a boy at a high school so she can get work on the school newspaper or some shit. And Audrey Horn aka CHERYLN. Fenn is in that movie. She works a ton right now too. She has an extensive IMDb. Her lawyer is an actor named Gerald G.
Speaker 4: Bammon. And I was like, how do I know this guy?
Speaker 1: And he's in the McAllister family and Home Alone, he's the uncle, the uncle Home Alone.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I go, I'm like, I know this man and yeah, home Alone baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was that was a thrill.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, he's definitely at the at the dinner where they talk about how fuller what's the bed?
Speaker 4: Go easy on the PEPSI fuller? And that's little Kiaren, isn't it? I think so, isn't Kieren?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Almost positive, yes, Oh my god. And the pictures of him, he's so cute. Fuller is so cute. Oh my gosh, these kids, Yes, because like McCauley and Kieran are kind of the main I know I've heard of Rory, but there's a right, yes, the one about the medication, Yeah, yes, no, that's her no al abtril one of our with me.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 1: Gloria finally gets off the phone and Stabler's like, how are the Hampton's And she goes dull. I mean, she's just like chit chatting, like there's not a huge accusation against her on the table.
Speaker 2: But then she gets down to business, acting like like this is legally blonde, you know, yes, yes, like she's at the spot not not the seriousness that we want for.
Speaker 1: Yes, she is not affording SVU the respect that they have become accustomed to. And she gets down to business pretty quick. She denies having a sexual relationship with her stepson five.
Speaker 4: She makes up stories. She said she would never hurt her.
Speaker 1: Stepson five is young, but like Rosie's five, and she wouldn't like completely invent seeing two people wrestling in bed naked, like you know, like that's I don't know, five, maybe three.
Speaker 4: If she says something happen like that, I think something like that happened.
Speaker 1: But now everyone is having a meet in Cragan's office and they've really got nothing, and Live knows in her gut that something is up with these people. Sablor pops in to let them know that they just got a domestic disturbance call to Chloe's school, Laurence and Gloria are fighting over who's taking the daughter. So when they get to the school, the two parents are taking turns screaming at a uniform police officer who's really just standing there taking it.
Speaker 4: And Lawrence goes, she raped my son. Who knows what she did to my daughter?
Speaker 1: And then Gloria goes our daughter, and it's like that's not the most important part of the kid, the accusation, and he's calling her disgusting. She says he's a liar trying to evade child support. He threatens to kill her if she touches his children. She tells everyone he's the abuser. He hits her and the kid. Live says they can fight it out in family court, but until then, the kids are going to be in the custody of the state, and that shocks both of them. Live emerges from a classroom carrying Chloe, and it's like, you guys have too much money to be doing this kind of thing, Like send a nanny to go get her at school and then you can fight over this privately, like you know, this is how kids get removed from homes. Live emerges from a classroom carrying Chloe, while Stabler calls Munch to do an emergency removal of Kyle at the little preppy Kyle Private School, which looks like a college campus. I mean, I'm like, sure they shot it at Columbia or something. All the little preppy boys file out. They ask his two dorky friends where Kyle is, and they're like, uh, he left. They start digging deeper and these two are leaky faucets. They're like, oh, yeah, she and Kyle got along really well. Everyone knows about Gloria. She's very open. She likes having guys around. They go, she doesn't mind if guys look at her, and I'm like, lol, are you the guys? Because you are teenage children? And she wears see through clothes and is always giving people back rubs. Kyle it it's not his real mom, so who cares, And they wouldn't be surprised if he's banging her, but they don't know for sure. So now at the precinct, we find out Chloe is with an aunt and an uncle, thank god, and they can't find Kyle. So Craigan tells Benson and stable Or their day isn't over yet and hands them a piece of paper. The music swells, so something is afoot. Now they're at the Stanfield Fuller house and Stabler's filling in Munch and Fin. The doorman called it in. No one heard a struggle, so I guess they've received a call. That's what the piece of paper is. No one heard a struggle. Where's the rest of the Adams family? Munch quips and there's no forced entry, no robbery, and then we see dun Dunn Lawrence Fuller on the ground with his head bashed in. He is no longer living. So that's the end of act one. We got a lot in on this show for the first part. Okay, So now a poor man's Melinda Warner is they're giving us her findings. This is just not who we've become accustomed to dealing with, but she is a medical examiner and she's like, there was a blow to the back of the head was likely the death, but impact wounds to the torso, thighs, fore arms. The murder weapons seems to be a baseball bat. And then Munch is there holding it going this one because he found it under Kyle's bed. The doorman is now giving them a minute by minute report of the family's movements. Mister Fuller came home at eight o'clock. Gloria left twenty minutes later, Kyle left fifteen minutes after that.
Speaker 4: He says, Kyle seemed a little upset.
Speaker 1: No one enters without signing in, he says, and he shows them the sign and she suddenly Kyle shows up, going what's up? And he has a huge shiner around his eye, like big black eye. And Finn breaks the news your dad is dead, and he's like, okay, he does not seem shaken up, and Finn points it out, like you don't seem that upset. Cut back to Mary Poppins, our nanny slash house woman.
Speaker 4: I don't know what her job is.
Speaker 1: She seems like she's in charge, though, and she came by to check on Gloria, who was very upset about the whole Chloe mess at school. And this woman's name is no, I wrote Mary, and I'm trying to say her name is Mary, but I just keep calling her Mary Poppins because we have not named her. Mary wanted to make sure she was all right, and she thinks it's impossible that she murdered mister Fuller, like impossible that Gloria could have done this. And now we're in cement Bar's room and Kyle is claiming that the shiner came from gym class and Munch and Finn are questioning him.
Speaker 4: He's like, where was I I went for a walk.
Speaker 1: They say things must have been tense between mom and dad, but he insists Gloria did not kill my dad. Munch asked how many school uniforms do you have? And he goes six and they're like, well, where's the one from today? They must have counted five in his closet. He says he changed after school and Munch cracks that bloodstains don't go with the school colors. Craigan interrupts them and pulls Munch and Finn out. Turns out Kyle has lawyered up, but he never asked for a lawyer. But a lawyer is there and guess who it is. It's the uncle from the McAllister family, Gloria's lawyer, and he is there with Gloria. Elliott brings up this is a possible conflict of interest because Gloria is also a suspect. But the guy says if charges are filed, Kyle will get a new lawyer. But until then it's all good. Gloria says she'll talk without a lawyer, even though her lawyer advises against it, and she says, I have nothing to hide. So in an office with Benson and Stabler, we're in more of a blind's wood room. Gloria tells them that she has no idea what happened. She went to a hotel that night after how her husband was at the school. She needed to not be in the home. She only went home to get a few things. Her step son was there. She tried to explain to him what happened, and he got pissed. Lawrence walked in. They started fighting. Lawrence got physical as usual and pushed Kyle. She couldn't stand it, so she left. And they're like, you left your husband there to push around your step son, a man you've outwardly told the police is abusive. You're like, bye, Kyle, good luck. I hope lacrosse practice helps you beat up your dad. She says, I couldn't stop him anyway, and she tried, and it only one time and it only made things worse. So I guess when they fight, she can't get involved.
Speaker 2: She says.
Speaker 1: The hotel will confirm her story. And they go, was your husband still breathing when you left? And she says, I didn't kill him. I had no reason to, and is like, I can think of a couple custody of your daughter inheritants money. Gloria goes, he made me sign a prenup. He always believed I was a gold digger at heart, and girl, you kind of seem like it. The money goes to Kyle and Chloe intrusts which I am not allowed to touch. So Kyle and Lawrence were fighting when you left, and she's like, yes, but Kyle didn't do this, and they go, but you left, so you don't know for sure, and she's like, I just lost my husband and my daughter. I'm not gonna help you frame my step son. So now we're talking to Cabot. She's like, who looks good for this? Like come on, and they're like, well, the murder woman weapon was found under the boy's bed. They think it's probably not Gloria, and it turns out his prints are the only ones on the bat as well. Cabot tells them to arrest Kyle, so they barge into interrogation where his lawyer demands that they arrest him or they're leaving, but that's just what they were coming to do. So they slapped some old cuffs on little Kyle and they mirandize him. They walk him out, and Gloria's there telling them you've made a mistake, and Finn is like, well, we're ready for your confession whenever you want, babe, and the lawyer says he'll have Kyle out by the morning. She touches Kyle on the shoulder and says, don't say anything. I'm getting you a lawyer. I'll take care of everything. Don't tell them anything. So now at arrangment, guess who's representing Kyle our guy, Trevor Langan personal laundry spokesman, mister Marishka Hargatea.
Speaker 4: And he's so hot.
Speaker 1: He's very hot now, but he's very hot in these early seasons as well. You can see this is probably around when they met and started falling in love. Kyle pleads not guilty, and Cabot's like, this kid is rich as fuck with zero responsibilities or ties. He is the definition of a flight risk. He could be living in the Caribbean in like two seconds. He turns back towards Gloria, sitting in the courtroom and they share a look Kyle and Gloria. So bail is set at a million dollars and he has to surrender his passport. He'll make bail in five seconds. Cabot complains to Benson and Stabler and they figure he didn't pull this off alone. Cabot says, find me evidence and I'll charge her as a co conspirator. They want to check the hotel, but they can't get a warrant to just browse. They have to be looking for something specific. So Benson says, Kyle's school uniform, if he was wearing it, it's a bloody mess, and Cabot's like, I'll go get you a warrant. So now at the hotel, they demand Gloria's room number and the concierge goes, I can tell you the room number, but she's not there. I arranged a car to take her to JFK. And they're like, was her son with her? And the guy goes, well, he was young, but I'm sure he wasn't her son, not the way they were acting. So this concierge is spilling, and obviously some canoodling was going on at the precinct. They're trying to figure out what flight these two are on. They left on a flight to Dulls this morning. They're already back, they landed two hours ago. Wild back at the hotel. The concierge is taking them to the room, but warns that the guests might be inside, and Benson's like, let's surprise them. Grab the key, click clock. They're inside the hotel room and we see a couple having sex, lady on top. Kyle goes, don't come in here like a true seventeen year old, like the most seventeen year old thing to say. Well, I get out of here, and Stabler's like, bro, did you not get the memo about not leaving the jurisdiction.
Speaker 4: You fucked up?
Speaker 1: And Gloria is like, we didn't do anything wrong, and Benson is like, bitch, get up, get dressed, and have your lawyer meet your child molesting ass down at the station. Ky goes, we don't have to say anything to you. We're married now done, dun so fuck.
Speaker 2: I want to know the details of the laws because I do believe like you shouldn't have to speak against your partner if you don't want to, but you can right like it just seems like a way to silence victims of abuse.
Speaker 4: Maybe I don't know, Like.
Speaker 2: I don't get I I want to know more.
Speaker 1: I know, like the purpose of it is like, oh, but I confide it in you because you're my what it's like you can't tell a therapist can't say anything either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's different. They take an oath for their job. Yeah, Like they go to jail like yeah, or lose their license, like they have seven lawyers have to like if you're just married, is that in your marriage certificate?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's just these came from old time shit where it's like men can say anything they want to their wives, criminal or not, and they have to keep those seats like they it's not they can't say anything right, Like don't you think I mean, we have to look it up, Okay, I mean now we're getting everything on AI every time we look anything up. But it originated in eighteen fifty three a Section three of the Evidence Amendment Act. It's based on the idea that the sanctity of marriage is so important that no spouse should be forced to testify against their partner, even if the subject of the communication is important to the public good.
Speaker 2: But you can, right, it says, are you.
Speaker 4: I don't think you can?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Can you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: However, it does not apply to communications made before marriage or after divorce, or to communications that involve planning or assisting with a crime or fraud. The privilege is also evoked if the communication was made in the presence of or.
Speaker 4: Could be overheard by a third party.
Speaker 1: So if Jared says something to me in front of you, Liza, it's open season.
Speaker 4: If you look it up.
Speaker 1: The line that is highlighted from Wikipedia says, deriving from the legal fiction that a husband and wife are one person, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: My question that nothing is answering is can you testify it? Yeah? Can you? Why can't that be an easy, quick little google thing, Like why is this so hard?
Speaker 4: Can you test it? It can't be compelled to.
Speaker 1: It prevents one spouse from testifying against another in criminal or related proceedings.
Speaker 4: Pillow talk privilege.
Speaker 1: So I think it's like you can't because I think there have been times in this show where someone's like, all testifying, They're like, you can't. Spousal privilege. So I don't think you can even if you want to.
Speaker 2: Oh no. Think of this as like the Fifth Amendment privilege. If the witness agrees to wave the privilege, then they can testify, even if the party would rather they didn't. But this is this has reddit, this is yeah. Speedy John wrote this nine months ago, like, I'm sure we're going to get We got a lot of lawyers that listen to us.
Speaker 4: Let us know.
Speaker 1: But I bet it very It could vary state by state because I think spousal privilege is different.
Speaker 2: Person volunteers to testify against their spouse, they may the state doesn't care if people ruin their own relationship.
Speaker 4: Oh but they don't have to, got it? Okay?
Speaker 1: All right, So now these two are fucking married. This is full like you know, creepy Woody Allen Sunny Territory they walk into At the top of act three, they walk into a woodblind's room where Gloria is sitting, and she immediately wants to know where Kyle is. Sabler explains how his bail is being revoked and his teen ass is going to Rikers. So I hope you're happy, bitch, because Rikers is no picnic. The lawyer is like, nothing here is illegal. He's seventeen. You have no evidence it started before he was seventeen. Gloria is still like, I never abused him. We're in love, and they're like, you're in love with a boy you've raised since he was ten years old, sweetheart, that's not love, it's pedophilia. She says, nothing happens until after he was seventeen a month ago. Bitch, please, Benson goes, you must have given him one hell of a b Day present. It's like, so you're saying you fell in love with a seventeen year old in the last thirty days.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Gloria says, I'll take the blame. I was lonely. My husband was always gone. He had touched me in over a year. Kyle knew I was hurt. He only wants me to be happy, and I want that for him. It might be wrong in your eyes, but we can't help the way we feel. And the lawyer is like they're not blood related, and like, okay, but what a coincidenceaid They got married in the middle of a murder investigation, so now neither can testify against each other.
Speaker 4: Spousal privilege as we talked about, so.
Speaker 1: At arraignment they have to explain to Judge Alan Ridnore that Kyle violated the terms of his bail by traveling to Virginia, where they allow people to get married without a waiting period or a blood test, and allow under seventeen to marry with permission of their legal guardian, despite the fact that he was actually marrying his guardian, who is currently under investigation for murder and child abuse.
Speaker 2: Lol.
Speaker 1: The judge revokes bail. Congratulations on your nuptials, young man, he says. Outside the courthouse, Cabot says they should cut Gloria loose. They don't have anything on her and the marriage seems legal. So they run into a swarm of reporters. It's always hilarious to me, like the big crowds of reporters that come out for which cases at the courthouse. So they run into a storm of reporter's yelling questions, and one dude goes, does Gloria Stanfield's pregnancy have any effect on the child abuse allegations? And Benson and Stabler want to know where this dirtbag reporter got his info, so they pull him aside. He says he will not reveal his sources. He works for the National Probe.
Speaker 4: Lol.
Speaker 1: Definitely supposed to be National inquirer. He claims she's knocked up three months along and the step son is the father. He says he knows because she brought him to the appointment. Use your brain's, honey, why else would she marry the kid? So at Riker's Munch enters a holding cell where Kyle and Langan are hanging out, and he goes he walks in by.
Speaker 4: Going herd, you're going to be a daddy.
Speaker 1: That true, and they they keep trying to get him to confirm it, but Langan knows their games and he's like, my client has no way of knowing the paternity of Gloria's child. And Kyle has this smug little smile on his face when he tells them that anything Gloria told him was after they were married, so he doesn't have to answer.
Speaker 2: Ugh.
Speaker 1: The next scene is Benson open a car door as Gloria gets out with a ton of shopping bags like a movie, like nothing with a brand you can see, but just like you know, she's been shopping and women do be shopping. And Benson opens the car door and she goes, thank you, Detective Benson, and they say chivalry is dead. It's like she's a woman you're weird shopping for your husband's funeral or maternity clothes.
Speaker 4: And she goes a little bit of both, like she's.
Speaker 1: Being very whimsical for how serious this situation feels.
Speaker 4: But you know, she knows. She thinks she's gonna get away with everything.
Speaker 1: They tell her she has to take a paternity test either now or when the baby is born, but later means six more months of visits from them, and she goes hit up Kevin mckowster's uncle, he'll set up the test and just scurries into her building. At the crime lab, we've got Hattie Bert Trevor aka Friend of the Pod Daniel Sunjada turns out that the fetus DNA is not a match to Kyle or his dad, so somebody else is the father. Liv gets a quick phone call and when she gets off, she tells them some wild news. Gloria Stanfield is in the hospital. She's been reaped. Wow, what's happening at the hospital. The doc tells them that she has bruising fluids, all the signs of sexual assault, but there are there is no signs of trauma to the baby. So they go into the exam room and ask Gloria, who did this? She says she doesn't know, and they're like, some stranger happened to do this, Like while all this other stuff is going on, Like you know who did it. You were sleeping with him. Everything you've told us has been a lie. You want our help, give us this guy's name. So she coughs it up, Frank Barbarossa. And that's like a thing I always remember from seeing this episode so many times.
Speaker 4: It's just like the way she says, Frank Barbarossa.
Speaker 1: And she had a fling with him months ago and thought he was over it, but all this time he's just been thinking of ways to hurt her, and he's the father of the baby. When he found out she'd married Kyle, he went nuts. Then she says, I really did think Kyle killed his dad and I was trying to protect him, But now I think it was this Frank dude. Frank allegedly went off on her and said it was her fault, she'd been playing games with people and if she didn't that he'd do the same thing to her that he did to Lawrence. So she's saying he claims to have confessed to the murder and that's the end of act three. So now top of the final act, Munch and Finn are at the gym and they find a musclehead named Frank Barbarossa and he's working out. They arrest him. He looks clueless and he's genuinely worried. When he hears Gloria's been raped.
Speaker 2: He's like, just sit, okay.
Speaker 1: So Finn is downloading Daddy Craigs through the fishbowl glass as Frank sits in the cement bar's room, And that is the most TMU sentence I could ever say.
Speaker 4: Finn is downloading.
Speaker 1: Daddy Craigs through the fishbowl glass as Frank sits in a cement bar's room, so we can put it on a T shirt. Munch reports that Frank was in the building because he trains other people in Gloria's building.
Speaker 4: He's a personal trainer.
Speaker 1: He was with a client the knight of the murder, but ended the session early, which leads thirty minutes unaccounted for. So now Finn and Munch are there interrogating him and showing in pictures of Gloria's injuries, and he's.
Speaker 4: Like, I love her, I would never lay a hand.
Speaker 1: On her, like you know he's this kind of guy, and he says I was home alone the night before and goes, well, she fingered you. And I really hate this phrase, like when it's talking about accusing someone, Fingering to me means one thing, and people are not doing it to each other in a law enforcement setting.
Speaker 2: I feel that there was a comic back in the day in Chicago had a joke about this about like why would you say finger blah blah?
Speaker 4: And I was like, what are you talking about? Like, I didn't even know that was.
Speaker 2: A saying until I heard this person's joke saying how crazy it was? Yeah or yeah, fingering is clearly something else.
Speaker 1: What's the movie Freddy Got Fingered? Isn't that supposed to be somebody got amused?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Isn't that isn't the content? I don't.
Speaker 1: I actually haven't seen Freddy Got Fingered. If you can believe it, it's.
Speaker 2: A dark comedy. Okay, directorial debut. Let's see a cartoonist trying to put it's it's the it's the sex fingering.
Speaker 1: Ew and they just he just made a mainstream movie called Freddy Got Fingered, and they let that happen.
Speaker 4: That's wild. He had a choke holed on society.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like, imagine it's a movie that's like Susie Got eaten out. Like I don't know, I just can't imagine that that would be a movie title.
Speaker 4: But okay, way to go, Tom Green getting well, let's right, Susie got eaten out.
Speaker 1: Let's really it. Well, I think the literation helps. Freddy got fingered. Yeah, but Jesus, okay, Eleanor got eaten out, Edie got eaten out Edie. It's about and it's about one of the Grey Gardens women's Okay, so.
Speaker 4: He's in the building. Okay, uh okay. So this poor dumb dumb does not get what's happening.
Speaker 1: He's like, I didn't do anything, and they tell him his parole officer hasn't even been born yet, which I feel Finn does say all the time, your parole and stable, Like, your parole officer hasn't even been born yet. We've heard that a lot. They think the motive here is he's jealous of all these rich people that he trains, and so he knocks up the actress, he kills the husband, and he sets up the son so that he can like step into this life of like the rich and powerful, and they're really grilling him, and he looks scared. As he realizes, like what's going on, he starts calling Gloria a lying bitch and says he's going to kill her, and then he asks for a lawyer, so he's had some kind of realization. The gang is chatting about Frank getting a lawyer. They're waiting on DNA, but when Benson comes in with the cell phone, luds she found something interesting. He got a call the knight of the murder at eight point forty from a payphone at the deli across the street.
Speaker 4: You know, for the young people. Payphones used to.
Speaker 1: Be kind of everywhere, and now they're just a relic of old times. But that's how I used to call my parents to pick me up. So either Gloria made the call or Kyle made the call. But why would Kyle be calling his stepmom slash wife's boyfriend, So it was probably Gloria. It makes more sense. Why does she call him minutes before he kills her husband? So they go to the deli. The deli owner says.
Speaker 4: Oh, that Gloria is a real diva.
Speaker 1: She wanted an autograph and she acted like I asked for an autograph, and she acted like I was stalking her, and he's like, screw her. She's not that good of an actress. It's like, well, you did want the autograph, sir. She made a call at the payphone, looking out the window for a few minutes, and then made one more call and then left, and it seemed like she was waiting for someone to come out of the building. He did try to eavesdrop, but he got nothing. So this deli owner is a citizen detective. The next stop is back to Sexy tech Bert Trevor, who asks them the age old question, what did you do to my sperm? He says, there's no way this came off of a rape victim. The sperm tails are bent, which I remember this from this episode that when you freeze sperm you it does affect it like it does you can tell, So I this is like, you know, another place where SVU told me taught me something about forensics. So it does match your guy Frank frozen or not, but it was frozen. And also there's spermicide in there, like from a condom, So Gloria clearly saved the spunk after having sex with Frank. Froze it planted it on herself to set him up for rape and murder. So in the next scene, Frank is being defended by friend of the Pod Joe Marie Lawrence as defense attorney Cleo Conrad. But earlier they mentioned that they had to wait for legal aid to get there for Frank's lawyer. And I don't think Cleo is a public defender like she's she just she defended mister Landrix aka Bosh in the episode we just covered Resilience. She's done Erica Christensen, Agent Lauren Cooper, the Little Psycho Boy, and the cal McLaughlin episode. Like I thought she was kind of a pricey lawyer, So I think I think I found a continuity error for the wiki, if anyone wants to add that in there. Anyway, she tells them to drop the rape charge and they'll agree to murder to minimum sentencing recommendation, and Cabot's like, hellol, why would I do that, and either like, he'll give you Gloria. So Cabot agrees to the deal if he testifies and we can corroborate the story. So Frank spills the bitch set me up. He didn't care about the money. He would have done anything for Gloria. He admits he killed the husband, but only because Gloria told him to. She set it up, called him, said the husband was crazy and was going to kill her if he didn't do it right. Then, he says he didn't do it for money. Gloria was afraid for her life. He used to knock her and the kids around. She said if he was out of the way, they could be together. But he uh, but that you know, Lawrence would never let her go. So Cabot's like, Babe, her complaining about her husband being an asshole doesn't mean that she asked you.
Speaker 4: To kill him.
Speaker 1: And he's like, well, how do you think I even got in there? She gave me the security code, and Cabot's like, that proves nothing. But you're like a trainer. You've probably have been in there.
Speaker 4: He says.
Speaker 1: She told me where to get the baseball bat and told me what to do with it when I was done. It was all her idea, and Cabot is like, sweetye, Unfortunately, right now you are the only one going to jail for this crime. I need something I can prove. And then poor Frank just sits back and looks bummed, and he's like, I guess she's gonna get away with it. Like again, sir, well you didn't have to murder somebody for a woman. That's probably not going to go great. But in the squad room, Cabot reconfirms that nothing Frank told them is good enough to arrest Gloria. Munch points out that they got the calls from the payphone, and the second call she made was to Kyle Sell. I figured she called to get Kyle out of the house, and now he's sitting in Riker's thinking that she did do the murder and that he's protecting her. So let's get Kyle to testify to that, and we've got corroboration. And Gloria goes down and Kabot goes, Okay, well, hurry up, because I'm getting the charges against Kyle dropped tomorrow morning because another man has confessed to doing this killing, So he'll be a freeman by noon and a dead man. Finn adds, now that she has access to all Kyle's cash, there's no reason to keep him around anymore. So remember those trusts that she talked about. Now that they're married, she would have access to the trusts as his next of kid. So she's really thought this all fucking through. So now they're at Riker's trying to convince Kyle. He does not believe the killer is his mom slash wife's boyfriend, and he doesn't believe that she set him up. The weapon was your baseball bat. It was hidden under your bed. That was Gloria's idea. They break it to him that his wife is having another guy's baby. The music amps up, so maybe Kyle is starting to get it. He still doesn't believe it, but Langan gives him a nod. So I'm a little confused here. If she wanted Kyle to go down for the murder, why did she make up the rape, Like she had to know that they would find out that Frank did the murder, so Kyle would get off and she'd have to stay married to a fucking high school student. I don't really get why she made up the rape at this.
Speaker 2: Point, Like she's an actress, she's just i know, doing research.
Speaker 1: She could have just let Kyle go down for the murder and then she still gets access to all his money, right.
Speaker 4: She loved him on some sort of level.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually as well, Yeah, yeah, and she's fine to let Frank Barbarossa go down. So he says, that night when she called, she told him to leave and that she was going to take care of everything. So I guess we're Our point is proven here. He's now, Oh, no, they weren't married yet and rhen He says that the night when she called his cell phone, she said leave, get out of there. I'm going to take care of everything. She said she loved him and that they would be together. So now cut to Gloria getting out of a Mercedes walking to Ahi met clinic Benson's Stabler shop er outside they're like, oh, so you're getting rid of the baby too, and what about little Chloe? Like has anyone talked about what's happening with her? Is she part of Gloria's plan at all?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Kyle shows up then at outside of this clinic and Gloria walks up to him so awkwardly and guiltily and goes hey, and he's like, what are you doing? And she goes, I told you why I can't have the baby. We agreed that this was the best thing for us. He says, right, but you said it was mine, which proves we were having sex before I was seventeen, and she says, Kyle, this is for us, and he says, no, it's not. I know the baby isn't mine, and if you want to kill it, go ahead. I don't care anymore. Just tell me something. This whole year we were together. Okay, so they've been fucking since he was probably fifteen turning sixteen. Was it all part of your plan to make me love you so I would do what you wanted.
Speaker 4: You didn't have to do that.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to pretend I already loved you, Gloria, I can't remember when I didn't.
Speaker 4: So she says, I do love you, Kyle.
Speaker 2: We're mary.
Speaker 1: That's why I don't want to another man's baby. I only lied to you because I thought you were too young to understand, but not too young to marry me. So then Kyle slips a paper in her hand and it's a petition for divorce. The cops start to cough Gloria and tell her she's under arrest for murder. She tells Kyle, you don't know what you're doing, and he says, I know exactly what I'm doing, mom, and that's dick wolf baby, Damn, I.
Speaker 2: Always love an episode where there's deformed sperm.
Speaker 4: That's the smoking.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, well what was it in the episode in the color it's like the meat one, yes, but also in manipulated, manipulated. She's got something light paces in her spit, like there's something in the spit that, yeah, shows that it's from a BJ Anyway, we love, we love different states of sperm on this pod.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be right back. So this crime is wild and obviously sad. There's life loss, there's fucked up shit. But it reads like the Gonzell episode, like it's kind of wild the things that are happening and that other finance guy like it's just pretty wild. And it happens in Florida. Okay, so it's in Florida. And this case, according to the Daytona Beach News Journal, had everything. Murders, swingers, adultery, incest, a drug addled attorney, and a vixen for a defendant. Woo, this case has everything. Virginia was a native of Lake Wales, Virginia, and that's funny.
Speaker 4: Virginia, Virginia.
Speaker 2: And she says she was subjected to sexual and emotional abuse in a poor household. So you know, very very classic kind of upbringing of MANIAX. Her husband Norman Larzola. But like, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 4: How lars Larzella Larzellae.
Speaker 2: So her husband Norman Lazzellaay, we're adding an extra l Larza Laire Larsa Laire.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Norman and his wife, Virginia, they were at work March eighth, nineteen ninety one, at his dental practice in Edgewater, Florida. He was standing near a hallway. He heard a noise coming from the back of the building, so he turned the corner to see what the noise was. He saw a masked man armed with a shotgun, so he ran away, trying to get to the front of the building. He was closing a door behind him, but a buckshot pellet went through the wood doors and entered his chest. The gunman fled the scene, and Virginia called nine one one. One witness, who was a patient in the waiting room, said she heard the dentist say, Jason, is that you? Who is Jason?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 2: Asked? That was their eighteen year old son. So Virginia went over to her husband and placed her lips over his nose and mouth and smothered him that no one else could hear him name Jason. And this is according to the Daytona Beach News Journal in a quote from police detective Dave Gammle. So Gammel and everyone's kind of a wild person, so like Gamal also played Santa Claus for local kids. So a detective and a local Santa Norman sadly died in a helicopter. In the helicopter on the way to the hospital. He was three weeks away from turning forty years old, a young man and because of this death, the murder of the gunman everything There was a two month investigation which got pumped to full force when another witness came forward with detailed instructions on where to find the murder weapon. So, six weeks after the murder, ish eighteen year old Steven Hidell told him the detective that he knew where the murder weapon was. That he was someone that worked odd jobs for the family, and so did a friend of his, Kristen Paul Mary, who was a reception to the dental practice.
Speaker 4: So he was like a handyman.
Speaker 2: She was a receptionist, and he claims they were ordered by Virginia to rub acid on the murder weapon, encase it in cement, and get rid of it. They drove sixty miles to north to Saint John's County and dumped the evidence and Pellicer Creek. Pellister Creek. Okay, I'm sure people in Florida will hit me up, so into this creek. A dive team ended up recovering the weapon on May third, and while divers searched, Gamble stood on the bridge with a shotgun watching for alligators.
Speaker 4: Florida.
Speaker 2: Okay. Apparently the cement found inside the family home matched with the cement used to encase the weapon. So then when they got her, police found her driving out of town with a purse stuffed with cash and gold. And that is the makings of an innocent Yeah, I think innocent person. I think it's cash gold in a purse speeding out of town. And she also kept lying to the authorities throughout the investigation. Her description of the gunman kept changing. She and assisted that someone had come to rob the place, but no other evidence led detectives to think that it was anything but a planned hit against Norman. So Virginia and her son Jason were both charged with first degree murder, but and more Virginia info, just to go backwards.
Speaker 4: She had been married four times.
Speaker 2: She was investigated in nineteen seventy five on suspicion of trying to murder her first husband, who was shot during an ambush along a dark highway. He was there because his wife told him to go there because to help her cousin who was having car trouble, but instead he was shot by a stranger but lived. He was shot so many times, but he did survive. He ended up not pressing charges because he didn't want to break apart the family. And the son that they had together, who was a toddler during this time, was Jason. So maybe a little dexter energy born from blood, okay, but also oh, she was a teen when she got married to this first husband. His name was Harry Mathis and at the time she went by Gail Mathis and they stayed married for another two years. After all of this attempted murder stuff, and you know, I was upset that she was like married as a teen, and it was because she wanted to escape being molested by her father and that was the way out. Her sisters quoted saying, like they were all molested, but she had it the worst and once she left, she never came back. So in nineteen eighty two, after the divorce, she then married Florida Highway Patrol trooper and they got separated in this within the same year. She accused him of pointing his gun at her, but he cleared up the accusations AKA he is a cop.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But they were fully divorced April nineteen eighty three, two months after she already married again.
Speaker 4: I hope that makes sense.
Speaker 2: So during the divorce, she already married another person, a former Valucia County building contractor, and that was done by August nineteen eight three in an annulment she done. Yeah, busy. She then met Norman on a weekday afternoon in nineteen eighty five when she went to a dental office and she met a dark haired dentist named Norman and they married quickly June fourteenth, nineteen eighty five. Married. The news Journal also discovered that Norman did file for divorce in nineteen eighty nine, and he fought for full custody of all the children and he adopted her children from previous marriages as well, and court filings he described his wife as suicidal, drug addicted and a thief. She operated under aliases, falsely claimed to have been a doctor, or a financier or an heiress to a fortune, and this stayed true because some of the articles I read were like, oh, this is about a socialite, but she's a liar.
Speaker 4: She was never an heiress to any fortune.
Speaker 2: But then in nineteen ninety he did drop all the divorce proceedings and they reconciled. Reconciled other things that happened during their marriage. So Virginia was accused of embezzling thousands of dollars from builders in Ormond Beach, Flagler County. She paid restitution and the case was dismissed, but she was okay. She introduced her husband to the swinging lifestyle to salvage their rocky marriage, a plan that's sure to work. So since she was a cheater, she thought it was a great way that they could have sex with other people without the deception. So he did agree to it, but she still had affairs behind his back. One of her lovers was an exotic bird importer, and she offered him fifty thousand dollars to kill her husband.
Speaker 1: He declined, oh my god, so he's out of Wildlife. The episode Wildlife, I mean, this is amazing. This is like a real cast of characters.
Speaker 2: That's what I mean. And it gets wilder and wilder and more kind of like out there. But yet at the end of the day, we do know there was a tragedy that occurred. But the case, yeah, like to have an exotic bird importer be your lover, you know it is. Yeah, it's one of the cases where you're like, how is this not more well known? Well, it was like during the time, it was everyone it's so splash she but we were young, we were young. Yeah. So she also offered twenty five thousand dollars to a new and a new motorcycle to another man she was having sex with.
Speaker 4: He also said no, thank you.
Speaker 2: Then, in a direct quote from the Daytona Beach News Journal, there was one other sex partner. Las Larzlary felt she could manipulate done done. Her own son, Jason, didn't refuse and was offered two hundred thousand dollars to kill his adoptive father. God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least in the episode they're not blood related, but here they are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, full incest, Oh God, full incest.
Speaker 4: So we can take a moment for that, okay.
Speaker 2: So, Dorothy Sedgwick was the special prosecutor who was lead counsel for the state, and Jack Wilkins represented Jason and Virginia, but they were tried separately. He mostly represented drug dealers for cash and this was his first capital murder case. There were a lot of witnesses called to the stand, including some lovers who all testified that she offered all of them thousands of dollars to murder her husband. Oh my god, you can't trust a loose lover, Okay. All the lovers said that she was abusive and manipulative and hell bent on eliminating her husband, and throughout the whole trial she was popping breath mints. She couldn't stop. Wow.
Speaker 4: Interesting detail.
Speaker 2: There's all these little details that like aren't pertinent to the case, but it's just like, what is happening?
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: So, prosecutors said that she killed her fourth husband to receive two point one million dollars in a life insurance money the situation. When her incest lifestyle and drug use and cheating was brought up in court, she did cry and she was really like embarrassed, like tears streaming down her face. Otherwile things that came up in court. One that Jason the son was having a fling with Heidel, the most critical of the state witnesses for the case, who said that he had the weapon.
Speaker 4: You know, oh my god.
Speaker 2: And we're going to learn more about Steve High but he sadly did take his own life in nineteen ninety nine. And on February twenty fourth, nineteen ninety two, she was convicted of ordering the execution style murder of her husband in Edgewater, Florida. So that was a first degree murder charge. And then on March fifth, they recommended the death penalty. This was the jury's idea. They recommended death. They only deliberated for just one hour to put this woman to death. Now that really reminded me of Eileen Warnos. And I don't know if you remember that case, but like how gung Ho Florida was, how they didn't really talk much, that they sentenced her to death immediately, and like the pastors and all these people that were fighting for her death, fought for like the saving of all these men who've killed dozens of women, and just how like there's like a bloodlust for yeah, Florida.
Speaker 1: But because I'm also wondering if they introduced at court her upbringing, like if she was from like that, probably mentally damaged her forever.
Speaker 2: Like Kara, worse than that, Okay, Okay, it's worse than you can even Okay, So what happened in this trial, but you're gonna get okay.
Speaker 4: So she you know.
Speaker 2: She was sentenced to death and she was on death row with Eileen Warno, So I was like doing research, going damn, this really kind of reminds me of Eileen and the fact that there was abuse and then such a quick jury decision to murder like an abused woman. But Deirdre Hunt was another killer on death row with her. There was like a few women, but holy shit, Eileen and Virginia didn't get along, and at one point they were in the same wing together and Warnos attacked Virginia and caused one of her breast implants to rupture. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a wild This is wild. This is a television show. It's insane, Okay, keep going.
Speaker 2: So in two thousand and eight, her sentence was reduced to life in prison because her attorney had unethical and criminal behavior that actually landed him in federal prison in So you're thinking, oh, they didn't bring up her abuse during the trial.
Speaker 4: Now, this motherfucker was out of his gourd.
Speaker 2: He had a full on drunk drug problem and he would wear dark tinted glasses to court and he was very Sonya Paxton. There was a bar at the office and he would come to court smelling like booze. They say it was vodka, cocaine, and meth. And he does deny this claim, of course he does.
Speaker 4: Olivia, don't do this to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, please, We've all seen Sonya Paxston.
Speaker 4: Have a fucking drunk court meltdown.
Speaker 2: But he was eventually convicted of tax evasion, money laundering, and other charges, and he did serve time for his con So he was convicted of sixteen felonies and served four years. And the cherry on top was he was also romantically involved with the court reporter.
Speaker 1: Like you just want to give Florida the break sometimes, but they keep coming back with more stories.
Speaker 4: Like this, like this is so Florida.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, there's a reason Taylor wrote this song Florida. Yeah, okay, But he also, on top of everything, he just sucked. It is reported by the Miami New Times that he spent less than three thousand dollars on her defense. The prosecution entered seventy pieces of evidence, and Wilkins countered with one just one day of defense. He did not enlist even one expert to refute anything. And Florida has the worst capital justice system in the nation. They have exonerated more people than any other state since nineteen seventy three.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Orange County Judge Mark Lubette is quoted in the Miami New Times saying, in quote in Florida, circumstantial evidence like in Virginia's trial can put a needle in your arm end quote. And so at first, like I said, she was sentenced to death. She spent fifteen years on death row at Laurel Correctional Institution in Osala, Florida. She now is being held at Homestead Correctional Institutution in Florida City, and with good behavior she might get released in twenty thirty four m and she will be eighty one years old at that time. She does maintain her innocence, and she says that my reputation convicted me, and I never got the benefit of the doubt during the time Norman's parents gained custody of the youngest children. If you were wondering where the kids were now before Jason's trial, remember they were tried separately. He ended up firing this lawyer for conflict of interest, and thank god, I mean or not, I don't know, but his instinct of Wilkins being not good is true. So Jason ended up hiring this guy named Wesley Lasley to cover his case. This guy drove a Porsche, wore a thousand dollars suits penthouse condo, and he only did murder one cases, which she called the super Bowl. According to the Miami New Times, he monitored to Virginia's case and he was disgusted at how bad the defense was. He ended up finding a ton of evident that would have helped Virginia's case little like little errors everywhere, and like she didn't forge the signature on her husband's will like was brought up during the case. Also, the notary signature was genuine, and a life insurance analyst confirmed that the amount of policies weren't excessive and it's like a totally normal amount for how much this dentist was making. He also found evidence refuting that the cement was the same. He says that if this was brought up that they didn't mix the concrete in the house and it wasn't in the same place, she would have been acquitted because it would have shown like they should have been impeached. Like that means there was perjury and lies with the with the guy and girl because it wasn't the truth. So like, I guess he found evidence that the cement was fully different. And also infok came out that hide Out had bad qualities and he was like a monger, money hungry liar as well. But this is all from a defense attorney, so like he's just as untrustworthy as everyone. But like you know, he is saying that they got a lot of evidence that this guy was not trustworthy at all and that another friend testified how Stephen was like violent as hell, and he basically this new attorney argued that Hidell was the shooter the whole time and that's why he had the murder weapon all along, and it was in his house and he put it in the creek. He says, how often does someone have the murder weapon of a crime that they did not commit, And this is the Miami New Times. So and it got like really competitive. Dorothy the DA approached him and said, I've won thirty two straight capital cases and this is going to be number thirty three. And Lasley replied, get ready to be thirty two and one. So her son was tried the year after her, and again so much more evidence, and in a shocking twist, the jurors acquitted him of all charges. He was fully acquitted. Lasley straight up was like Heidel did it, and then Heidel got immunity and lied to save his own ass. The courtroom was in stunned silence. Jason hugged his attorney. He drove off after court in a Sheriff's deputy squad car yelling I'm free. It's the best feeling I've ever felt in my life. He then enlisted in the US Navy, and in terms of his whereabouts, that's that's it. And then David Henry, an attorney with the State Capitol Collateral Regional Council who tried to vacate her conviction, like says, like, how does the shooter get off but the mastermind of the shooting be guilty? Yeah, Like that doesn't make sense because all of the evidence is like she made her son do it and she is guilty, yet he is innocent. How does that work? And he thinks, like this David Henry guy, he thinks it is an unsolved murder. And that was to the New Times and the bottom line as there was more than enough reasonable doubt. If we don't know who the actual shooter is, we have doubt. But she is serving a life sentence and he is off.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like it's like it kind of be It sort of sends a message that like you know where a murder weapon is, don't say don't tell anyone because you could be accused of being the person.
Speaker 4: But also, like, what.
Speaker 1: Did the lawyer say was Steve Hydell's motive?
Speaker 4: Why did he just want to kill this dentist?
Speaker 2: Well, maybe Virginia did pay Steven like he was there, he was just there defending Jason. So and the mom that's found guilty, so in his head like maybe that was it, like she hired this other guy and not Jason.
Speaker 1: And then they didn't let in the witness who said Jason, is that you who heard that? You would have thought that would have been like a really like a smoking gun kind of fuck this case is insane.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah. And I didn't find any like New York Times or Washington Post or like any national type of stuff. There's a snap and there's like other stuff like docu style or whatnot. But the fact that there wasn't national, like all of my resources are local Florida paper.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I don't think Jason seems like he had a great life. He went from mom like husband to husband with his mom who had been affected by trauma and was clearly not in her right mind, and then they had.
Speaker 4: A sexual relationship.
Speaker 1: It's like I didn't necessarily want this kid to go to jail, but he did do it.
Speaker 4: I feel right, well, I don't know.
Speaker 2: And then because of all this, I'm having like a Scott Peterson moment where I'm just like, for Jinga doesn't deserve this, like if there's reasonable doubt, like you can't do it.
Speaker 4: And her lawyer did suck.
Speaker 2: And so that's why, Oh, I don't know if I mentioned this, but that's why her death sentence was turned down to a life sentence was because of her lawyer's actions. Yes, you said that, I did, Okay, Yeah, So it's like she had this bad fucking attorney who didn't do a good job, and Jason just sat there letting his mom go down. Then fired him and got a better attorney, because like, why wouldn't he be like, mom, this attorney sucks, Like get a better.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, what a fucking case.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you know, I hope Gloria Stanfield and Eileen warn I mean the fact that she was like in jail with in prison with with Eileen Warnosen, that the popped Breaston plant.
Speaker 4: I mean, you really can't make this shit up.
Speaker 1: Crazy anyway, we don't have a guest today, so let's just get right into our post mortem. So yeah, no guests this week, so we can dive right into our post mortem. What an episode. I mean, it's it's a classic to me this one. I a little baby Jonathan Bennett. We got Audrey Horn from Twin Peaks, and a lot of step Son setting people up, setting up your personal trainer for you know. I mean, it's like literally this is from a telenovela. This episode.
Speaker 2: Uh well, also, you know we we mention Mean Girls and he's out and about. But I did share a joint with Damian and from Mean Girls when I was last in La and That was really exciting because he's winked at me once, but I have never talked to him, so that was kind of fun.
Speaker 1: Daniel friend Daisey right, yes, yeah, I met him on drag race. And then also when I went to the drag competition that you would not the drag competition the lip syncing competition at a gay bar in LA that you and I judged once. I had gone to the one before and he had been competing.
Speaker 2: He had sang, I want to compete, Jacob, I wouldn't be good at it. But also I feel it happens more in female prisons than male prisons, but I do like that all the criminals do end up together or they hang out or if like you're the most notorious, like you know how like Eileen Warnos and Virginia were at the same prison. I feel like it happens more with women prisoners than male ones, but they all end like the fact that Jen Shawn Elizabeth Holmes together and hanging out, like yeah, it's I don't wild.
Speaker 1: I don't really feel like I ever hear like, oh yeah, al al Capone was in.
Speaker 4: Jail with I don't even I'm like making.
Speaker 2: Up gangsters, so the one where a lot of people were was I feel like a lot of people were with Charles Manson and didn't get along with him. I feel like we covered a crime where like she didn't get people Charlie Soon, Oh, Charlie Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, Charlie Manson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's the I'm sort of like, I think that's so.
Speaker 4: Wild that they were in jail together. It didn't like each other.
Speaker 1: Because also it's like, also Eileen Warno's as you did the research for your crime. When we covered the episode Chameleon, like, she wasn't like a bloodthirsty killer. She kind of killed out of self defense most of the time, right, Like, and she had had been like she had been completely abused as a child and stuff, and like this woman Virginia starting a relationship with her son and then killing her husband, the dentist. It didn't really feel like they. I wonder if they when they met in prison, Eileen was like, no, you're just like, honestly kind of a sick fuck. And I was doing this because I uh, I was trying to these johns were trying to hurt me, and I had to kill him.
Speaker 2: I think maybe the first John was necessity and then and then she loved it.
Speaker 4: I think, well, because I think it was the.
Speaker 2: Like they represented everybody that ignored her and abused her in the past, and her dad that molested her. Like I do feel like, you know, you get triggered or maybe they said one thing or something and then it's like fuck yourself. Like I can I can see having it make you feel better, like smoking a joint, like a nice release. If I was a kid like I, I bet if you're a killer, killing probably makes you feel good after versu if you killed someone and you're not a real killer on the inside, you might be panicked. You might be.
Speaker 1: Like what I created this benevolent feminist character of Eilean more Nose in my head, where I'm like, she's just.
Speaker 4: Killing people that are trying.
Speaker 2: To hurt her, Like I think it's started that way. I think all these gens are probably bad people. I do you know murder is bad? To quote Gypsy Rose, I actually just watched a TikTok of Gypsy Rose. I think she's about to get into the category that I like Secrets from Prison and she was. She was doing a recipe for at home red Bull that she would make in prison and she still has it sometimes.
Speaker 4: So it's like folgers.
Speaker 2: You mix it in with water and then you put in crush Jolly Ranchers fanta and there was one more pink ingredient and then you mix it up and drink it and it gives you the jolts you need.
Speaker 4: But anyways, right, murder's bad.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think what I remember from all that research was just that women get sentenced to death so much faster. Evidence wasn't brought on, the jury didn't deliberate, and you have the Ted Bundy type figures who truly murder dozens and dozens of women, and they get people trying to get them off the death penalty, and yeah, you know, the jury's really thinking about it, and you have this woman and I think in like two hours they were like, yeah, I murderer, bye, and just that kind of thing.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, I don't I don't know anymore. I really don't know.
Speaker 2: I guess.
Speaker 1: So what have we learned from this episode? Leave the teen boys alone? Please don't fuck your child? Is that or your stepchild or your step I don't really care about the blood anyone that you've had a mother like role in their life.
Speaker 4: I don't care if you haven't seen them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, teacher, neighbor, leave the children alone. That we should start a charity called leave the children Alone.
Speaker 4: Leave the children.
Speaker 1: Let this boy play lacrosse in peace, for fuck's sake, Jesus talking about the guy in the And.
Speaker 2: It's really tough because so often when it's like an attractive older woman and a young boy, people don't want to even take it seriously.
Speaker 4: They're like jazzed about it, and yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Like, lucky guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the lucky bastard disease or something like that, or yeah, it's so fucking o. Wait, but I was gonna say someone was scared to tell me something they were like and then it was the most benign thing. I was like, I just researched a man who raised like a child to be a pedophile to in a van, Like nothing you say can harm me, nothing like it was just such a not even gross thing. I'm like, you don't even know where the depths of my brain have gone. And all of you listeners as well, I'm not letting you off the hook. We're all fucking maniacs.
Speaker 2: And it's just it's tough the threshold other people have and I was just like, you.
Speaker 4: Know, there wasn't there like a TikTok trind a while ago.
Speaker 1: That was like, you think you can hurt me? I did like this in third grade or whatever. It's like, you think you can hurt me. I literally research a man who raised a child, like stole a child and raised.
Speaker 4: Him to be a pedophile.
Speaker 2: I'm in casting steel or even the bear thing, like, it's like you don't even know the depths of what your fellow man can do.
Speaker 1: Oh, somebody messaged us about the bear thing. That was so interesting too. It's like, look at it, look at it factually. Statistically, when you look at the statistics of bear of bear deaths, there's been like one in the United States in the past year. And if you look at how many deaths are caused by men to women, please.
Speaker 2: You know that is good. I'm feeling thank you for writing that in Yeah, let's look at the numbers, bitch. Yeah, rather meet a shark too? About that?
Speaker 4: How about that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: And that submarine? Oh god, remember that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the submarine that haunts me. That is truly haunting to me like that.
Speaker 2: Oh, actually, when I was eating alone in Santa Fe, I met in a really cool lesbian couple was sitting next to me celebrating their one year wedding anniversary, and I asked, oh, how was the wedding? You know, I love weddings, and they started laughing and basically one of the brides, her mother died the morning of the wedding. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and my god.
Speaker 2: So this is like their one year and so they went on like, you know, a woo woo kind of trip Grand Canyon, New Mexico.
Speaker 4: But that's I digress.
Speaker 2: We fuck now. I forgot because I got into I got so into the wedding. Why was I taught? But we got into the podcast. Oh, I started about Casey. That's it. We started talking about the podcast because one of them loves law and Order. And then I, you know, famously Casey came up with soft straight right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I was bringing up our He's.
Speaker 2: Our favorite soft straight Yeah, because sometimes when we talk about the bears in the me, I would rather meet Casey than a bear.
Speaker 1: Sure, woods, Yeah, but you don't get to pick the man in the scenario. So you got to go with the numbers.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, I could just but you Yeah, but I was that's the nicest thing you've ever said, should say lots of nice things. But I was explaining to this couple about soft straits and they were like laughing so hard.
Speaker 1: I think I'm married to a soft straight. I think Jared's a soft straight for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think I've told him that. But it just makes sense because you know, Casey, when we rile you rail about all this, He's never afterwards gone, well, you know, I actually am okay, you know what I mean. It's like it's just such a thing that doesn't happen often.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's true. Jared would argue with me more.
Speaker 1: But if I ran in him in the woods, I could kill him in a second, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's gonna argue with me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, that's so amazing. Yeah. Cool. There's a couple coming to one of my shows and I'm like, I think you guys are going to break up after keep us posted. I could. I just know what I know what I've heard about the boyfriend that like, I know he's going to have an issue with something like I just I can sense it in my bones. So we'll see.
Speaker 1: I love that people are bringing like I think every woman should be required to bring their spouse or their male partner to a Lisa Trigger Comedy live comedy performance to as a litmus test.
Speaker 2: There was a man yesterday alone in the front row. I was not Yeah, I was kind excited. Ye love that, Oh god, And that's bless everyone that I've run into. I've run into a bunch of our listeners all across the city.
Speaker 4: It's nice. That's so nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really cutie people respect. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love everybody I've ever run into. All right, well, no, I just ran into somebody.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I just ran into somebody at my comedy show last week and she was inside the bar and I go, are you coming to the show?
Speaker 2: She was like no, and I was like, okay.
Speaker 4: She just wanted to tell me she loved my podcast but wasn't coming.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah's my student. They're surely humiliating because sometimes people will approach me and then I talk so much that they're like okay, bye, like they're over me at one point, or when I go do you want a photo and they're like no, I just wanted to say so say hi.
Speaker 4: All right, let's get into what would sister Peg?
Speaker 2: Do you guys know?
Speaker 1: This is our weekly segment where we direct you towards an organization, a blog post which I love to say to keep myself young, a documentary, something that gives you more info about what we talked about today.
Speaker 4: And you know, I think that we're talking.
Speaker 1: About these the stereotype is that a young boy who's involved in a relationship with an older woman or something is that it's a relationship, and it's not.
Speaker 4: It is sexual assault.
Speaker 1: And so I wanted to point you guys to the organization called one in six. It is an organization named for the fact that at least one in six men have been sexually abused or assaulted. The group was formed in response to a lack of resources addressing the impact of negative childhood sexual experiences on the lives of adult men, one of the many underrecognized aspects of childhood sexual abuse, and they offer free and confidential online support groups, training, and male survivor stories. So, yeah, like when you talk to someone who's like, I lost my virginity at twelve, that's not really what happened. So for more information, you can go to one in six dot org. And as always, I will post this as a story on the day that this episode comes out, and it will be saved forever in our WWSPD highlight on our Instagram page, which is That's Messed Up Pod, and I hope you're following us.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for that.
Speaker 4: It is a topic that I feel passionately about.
Speaker 2: And next week we will be doing fast Times at the Wheelhouse from season twenty three, episode five.
Speaker 4: It might be called something different. Yeah, the drill. We'll get onto it.
Speaker 2: Just get on fucking Hulu, get on Peacock, and get to season twenty three episode five. We'll discuss everything that seemed authoritative and rude. But I am obsessed with you and I am gentle. Thank you, Bye, got ex next week, That's Messed Up as an exactly right production. If you have compliments you'd like to give us or episodes you'd like us to cover, shoot us an email it That's Messed uppod at gmail dot com. Follow the podcast on Instagram at That's Messed Up Pod and on Twitter at messed Up Pod, and follow us personally at Kara Klank and at glitter Cheese.
Speaker 1: As always, please see our show notes for sources and more information.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much to our senior producer, Casey O'Brien and our associate producer Christina Chamberlain, and to our.
Speaker 1: Mixer John Bradley and our guest booker Patrick Cottner.
Speaker 2: And to Henry Kaperski for our theme song and Carly gen Andrews for our artwork.
Speaker 1: Thank you to our executive producers Georgia hard Start, Karen Kilgareff, Daniel Kramer and everybody at Exactly Right Media dot