Speaker 1: It's so snowy in this park.
Speaker 2: It really is.
Speaker 3: The snow goes on forever.
Speaker 2: Look how it sparkles.
Speaker 1: Oh all, this snow gives me an idea. Have you ever heard of cross country skiing?
Speaker 3: Have I heard of CrossCountry skiing?
Speaker 4: Uh? No, of course I have.
Speaker 3: I am a pretty big cross country skier.
Speaker 2: Really wait, I kind of know some things about it too.
Speaker 3: We are pretty much ski experts.
Speaker 1: High five for us.
Speaker 4: Well what are we waiting for?
Speaker 2: Let's go cross country.
Speaker 4: See Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. The gang is excited to cross countr But do you think Lisa and Callie really know how to do it? Or do they just wish they knew? I wonder how this will go. Let's find out.
Speaker 1: Are we ready?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yep? We have our skis at our palls and there's lots of snow.
Speaker 4: Yay.
Speaker 1: But kellye yeah? Why did you wear your cowgirl boots to cross country ski?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, I know you need special boots for skiing, right, and these are really special to me.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure that's the same kind of special.
Speaker 4: Billy wants to know if you like his goggles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Billy, I do like your goggles.
Speaker 1: But wait a minute, aren't those swimming goals wolves? Oh?
Speaker 4: Billy says they're pretty much the same as ski goggles.
Speaker 3: For quiet, everyone, I need to zip my first coat and now I will zip my other coat.
Speaker 1: Lisa, are you wearing two coats?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 3: That will keep me warm or hot?
Speaker 2: Let's start everyone, Yeah, huh? How do I move my legs in the skis?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How do you?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Go any skis? Who my cowgirl boots?
Speaker 3: Or slip?
Speaker 4: Slip?
Speaker 2: Sliding?
Speaker 1: Loops?
Speaker 4: Up?
Speaker 3: And by the tippy Tommy?
Speaker 4: Who are you both?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I found my alcohol?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I'm okay? How do I get that?
Speaker 3: I'm getting hot?
Speaker 2: This stinks and I don't know why.
Speaker 4: There's snow all over Billy's swim goggles. Everybody, let's pause for a minute. Something doesn't feel quite right.
Speaker 3: I agree, Yeah, me too.
Speaker 2: This was supposed to be fun, but instead it's too slippery and too hard to stand up.
Speaker 4: Billy thinks there's too much falling. Gowie, you said you were a pretty big cross country skier. Lisa, you said you were a real expert. But you're both slid around everywhere.
Speaker 2: I guess I did say that.
Speaker 3: Maybe that wasn't totally true.
Speaker 4: Do you really know how to cross country ski?
Speaker 3: I read a book about ponies who ski.
Speaker 4: I don't really know how my cousin does, and Billy has seen pictures of skiers. Looking at pictures or reading a book is not the same as actually being able to do something.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: The problem is when you're busy acting like you know how to do something, nobody will teach you how to actually do it. Oh. When you're honest about how much you know and how much you don't know, you can learn.
Speaker 2: Oh, so, how can we find out about real cross country skiing? Hmm?
Speaker 3: We need an expert. I guess we don't know anybody. Hey, maybe I can teach you, Elliott. You can't teach us because we need someone who really knows about cross country skiing.
Speaker 1: Maybe I really know you do?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 1: I go every Tuesday morning, only when it's slowing. We call it Nordic skiing.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you tell us that, Elliott?
Speaker 4: We were sliding around everywhere?
Speaker 3: Why they even up to my elbow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and all this time he knew about Norduk skiing. I mean Nordic skiing. I only started this year.
Speaker 1: I just think I could teach experts like you.
Speaker 3: But we're not real experts.
Speaker 4: Oops.
Speaker 3: I get it. You thought we were experts since we kind of said that. Yeah, Elliott, I'm sorry. I acted like I was an expert crosscountr It's okay, Lisa, I don't really know how to do it me neither, Elliott. Will you tell us more about norddok ski I mean nord DISKI sure, yay.
Speaker 1: No swimming goggles, no cowgirl boots, get it, and only one coat?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow me, everyone, we will try without polls. First, right foot forward, left foot forward, right foot forward, left foot.
Speaker 2: Forward, right foot forward, left foot forward, right foot forward, let foot forward.
Speaker 3: We're doing it. This is fun.
Speaker 1: Let's get hot chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I'm not really a ski expert, but I know all about hot chocolate.
Speaker 1: Me too.
Speaker 2: It's best with marshmallows.
Speaker 3: Yep, big ones, hold out your cuffs.
Speaker 4: Everybody, lingo kids, listeners, Thanks for cross country skiing with us. We learned it's okay to see when you don't know something. When you're honest about it, you can even learn new things. Have you tried out anything new lately. How did you learn about it? Let us know