Speaker 1: It's Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, what can you make the volume louder? Because I notice that I have to make my volume like all the way up to like thirty five forty.
Speaker 1: All we have to do is just yo, you.
Speaker 2: Can't turn the volume up louder on the mics.
Speaker 1: I can after in post production. We'll do that, Andrew. So hopefully you're hearing this at the perfect volume because I fixed it after we talk.
Speaker 2: So are we starting over?
Speaker 1: Nope, that's all in. Okay, it's Serial Killers episode nine. Thank you for letting us get this far. I'm Scottie B.
Speaker 2: And I'm Andrew, and today is.
Speaker 1: We were going to do a special peanut butter explosion Today's day because one of our Twitter followers, Christina, suggested that we do all peanut butter.
Speaker 2: I love peanut butter.
Speaker 1: So I have six peanut butter cereals. Oh God, can we do six? Or do we break it up?
Speaker 2: Or I'm going to make an executive decision. Okay, we are doing a two part episode. Okay, so here's what we'll do. Because I have two cereals that are just peanut butter. Yeah, and then I have four other cereals that are chocolate peanut butter.
Speaker 1: So let's let's do it that way.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Do you want now, do you want to start with the chocolate peanut butter or do you want this episode to be strict peanut butter.
Speaker 2: I say, we give our listeners what they want. Let us do a quick episode and then episode ten. You're getting four different cereals done.
Speaker 1: All right, So this is going to be the peanut butter only episode. And for this episode, we have you ready for this? Yes, of course, I'm.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know that we've already done a cap'n Crunch a few back, but there aren't there actually aren't that many only peanut butter cereals. Okay, So when I was at the store looking, I had a box of Coshee peanut butter in my hand. I'm like, oh dude, I'm not eating Kashi. No, that's nobody that listens to this wants cashi.
Speaker 2: I feel like we got to do a healthy cereal day too.
Speaker 1: Well, we will, when they make one, we'll do it. Goshi isn't healthy, No, it is, but that's not one that I'm in. That's cardboard. I'm not eating.
Speaker 2: Cashy Okay, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I might maybe one day if they make like chocolate overload Kashi. Maybe I'll have that so.
Speaker 2: When it becomes unhealthy Kashi, that's I'm gonna buy Kashi. Yes, it also, how many times can we say that in a sentence? Kashi Kashi Kashi? Okay, okay, thanks, thanks for supporting me on that one, Scott, really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Sorry, buddy, co host, my friend. All right, so anyway here we're gonna do cap'n Crunch peanut butter crunch.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Okay, this is one of This is an all time favorite cereal for me. I love cap'n Crunches peanut butter crunch.
Speaker 1: Can you read that to me?
Speaker 2: Oh? Can you turn read that? Read that? Give oh god, read it. It sounds like a scento. What does it say, give me that peanut butter crunch? Yes, that's my capt'n voice.
Speaker 1: Well, well, actually the capt'n voice has changed many times over the years. You know, because a bunch of capt'ns have died. So why would you say that, Well, because they just have.
Speaker 2: You got morbid on this podcast, Scott.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I did a little bit of research and cap'n Crunches peanut butter Crunch first came on the market in nineteen sixty nine. Wow, I didn't know that it was that old. I really didn't. It's been around for quite some time. And what I'm gonna do is I have this commercial from nineteen seventy eight. It's the oldest commercial I could find, and you could hear the capt'n voice and this is like, well here, you might recognize the voice on like Saturday Morning cartoons, okay, from back in the day.
Speaker 3: I mean, you need a balanced breakfast every morning, and cap'n Crunches peanut butter cereal can be a part of it. Whenever there's peanut butter cereal, proably always comes a run. Sometimes I wish you'd come a watchers now.
Speaker 4: From cap'n Crunch Magic Tricks. These are around four magic tricks in all, a funny fishing hook, a nail, a screw, and a safety pin. You can fool your friends with magic tricks, two in each specially mark box of cap'n Crunch cereal.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, first of all, there's no cool toys in cap'n Crunch anymore.
Speaker 2: No, they don't do toys anymore at all.
Speaker 1: Right, And did you see in the YouTube video that I was playing right there. It's like this screw goes through the fingers. It's one of those dumb magic tricks with a safety pin through your arm.
Speaker 2: What was going on in the seventies that they're like fool your family into thinking you got like bodily harm.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that was fun for us kids back then, and then now there was an updated nineties version. Well for you heard Smedley the Elephant, right, Smedley the peanut butter elephant. He was he was all you know, because elephants like peanuts. So Smedley was the mascot for Captain Crunched peanut Butter back in the day.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, I feel like cereal was an art form. Back then, they came up with a universe that this person lived in. Nowadays they're like, he's a capin, he has berries and.
Speaker 1: He drives a ship. Us a ship. Well wait, so, so in the nineties there was a bird that hold.
Speaker 2: On the peanut butter magically filled with my peanut butter crunch. Cereal. That's sweet, tasty peanut butter crunch is gonna be ours.
Speaker 4: What soggies they're taking the peanut butter crunch.
Speaker 2: Bert Crunch.
Speaker 1: You wasted, no guys ling dum.
Speaker 2: Peanut butter crunch is a yummy barn of a breakfast. Yeah, I'm just gonna say it like it sounds like the cap'in has been doing heroin? Why is the cap'n speedballing and then being like mustyrill.
Speaker 1: Well, these commercials used to be stories. They were like little cartoons when we were kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also, it was a whole adventure and it was thirty seconds there of the saggy is trying to steal the cap'n Crunch peanut butter. Anyway, you know what, less talking, more crunching.
Speaker 2: Oh God, shut your mouth, Scot.
Speaker 1: Can we do hashtag?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: More crunching, more crunching? All right?
Speaker 2: So I feel like we're adding a hashtag double crunch because it's a two part episode. Do you like what I did there?
Speaker 1: I did smell.
Speaker 2: I love peanut butter crunch is one of my favorites.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not that's natural peanut butter. Hold on, it is, Yes, it absolutely is. That is naturally flavored. I think. Okay, I don't know. There's a joint peanut butter on the front. It must be natural, right, all right?
Speaker 2: They don't do okay, so like they don't do toys in any cereals anymore.
Speaker 1: Every once in a while you'll get some cereal that has a toy, but they're not extravagant like they used to be. It's like, you know, it's like a little squirt ball or something like that that is worth like ten cents or not even a right.
Speaker 2: They got it from Oriental Trading Company. They ordered too many, and we're like, oh, we could just put these in cereal boxes.
Speaker 1: Call it a day, all right. So now it's one percent milk today, Just so you know, I think we're gonna that's gonna be our new standard is one percent milk. What are you doing there?
Speaker 2: I just really love them, so I was gonna preview it.
Speaker 1: You're about to pick one out without any milk, right, go.
Speaker 2: Ahead, go ahead, thank you?
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: One of my faves.
Speaker 1: You ready? Oh yeah, one I have. You know, I'm not sure if I've ever had this cereal before in my life. It's entirely possible that I've never tried this before. How I don't know, because there's thousands of cereals, I just may never have had this one.
Speaker 2: This is one of the best cereals of all time. This appears to me like the milk is so good afterwards too. On this one, it.
Speaker 1: Looks like the Reese's Puff cereal, which will be coming up in the next episode, but without chocolate.
Speaker 2: Spoiler.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: M wow, right, not really qunchy and the creamy peanut butter makeship.
Speaker 1: I can't believe how qunchy that is.
Speaker 2: It's perfect. And this is another cereal that if you leave it in the milk gets a little soggier.
Speaker 1: But there's still the crunch element to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: That's what. That's it.
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 2: I told you this gets four bowls and a spoon for me.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're going already yep.
Speaker 2: Is it as good as Lucky Charms? No? But does it stand on my pantheon of cereals? I'm sorry what the pantheon of cereals?
Speaker 1: Like a totem pole with cereals on it?
Speaker 2: You know what, We'll just go with that. So good.
Speaker 3: I really like it.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that Smedley. I O doht know. There's an elephant on the back of the box in a bathing suit.
Speaker 2: I wonder if like the Why is there.
Speaker 1: A parking meter on the beach. I don't know. Maybe it's one of those fine the crazy things that don't belong scenes.
Speaker 2: No, it's literally just a vulture sitting on a parking meter.
Speaker 1: But well, I'm I'm going I'm gonna do four balls on it. It's really good. Yeah, it's really good. So four bowls and a spoon from you and four balls from me.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, love it?
Speaker 1: I like that now.
Speaker 2: I also love that when we compare them, like, just how much cereal we eat? You eat the whole thing. I have a couple bites. I'm like, that was good.
Speaker 1: You're like, see my belly.
Speaker 2: You eat the whole thing. I taste it. You're like, oh, in order to taste it, I need to eat the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm genuinely enjoying it. However, you know, we just do cups because you won't allow balls. If we did balls, I probably eat the whole ball.
Speaker 2: So you'd be eating four six bowls of cereal today.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Listen, I understand that this is a cereal podcast, but maybe your health should come first.
Speaker 1: No, our listeners come first, my friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, is that what you're gonna say when you're six hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: Like, no, now this cereal. Ronaldo actually pointed this out. I think he's in California, big fan of the podcast. I've seen this in stores. Post somehow has gotten like the rights to all these different like this is this Okay, so this is Nutter Butter cereals.
Speaker 2: I love Nuter Butter.
Speaker 1: So they have Oreo Cereal, they have the They have the a Nillaway for Cereal, which I'm a little frightened about because it's banana with marshmallows in it. We might go there, we might not. Some people have asked us too. I'm not sure if I can do.
Speaker 2: It, you know how I feel about banana cereals.
Speaker 1: But so Post is licensing all these brands and they're making cereals at them. They have a host of cereal now with powdered doughnuts and honey buns too, which we're gonna have to do. How could we not.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever had a honey bun.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, it's been quite a lot. Sometimes they call them bear claws, I mean back in the day. I think I don't eat those anymore, but we're gonna have to try anyway. Post is like they're running the gamut with all these these licensing deals. Even I think Sour Patch Kids is them. Also. I'm sorry, but someone, a bunch of people reached out and we have to do them.
Speaker 2: Why would I want a sour cereal?
Speaker 1: I don't, but we're gonna have to try it just because it's there.
Speaker 2: Milk and sour those are two things that I feel like I'm getting nase just thinking about it.
Speaker 1: All Right, So this is Nutter Butter. You like Nutter Butter cookies?
Speaker 2: I do, but I feel like this is gonna be overpoweringly.
Speaker 1: I don't know they're shaped, but I hope they're not like the cookies. I really don't want cookies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little worried about this one. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: Please don't lie. There's some good No it don't love that face. They smell like delicious peanut butter.
Speaker 2: If your peanut butter smells like sawdust, what are you talking about that? It does not smell like peanut butter. It does.
Speaker 1: It smells like a Nutter Butter cookie. And it says made with real peanut butter.
Speaker 2: That smells like it's right off, like a factory assembling line. I am not enjoying the smell.
Speaker 1: I think that they're supposed to look like peanuts, but they do look like fish, right.
Speaker 2: They look like mutasa peanuts.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, it looks like.
Speaker 2: The peanut actually asked for mercy to be killed. And no, get in the box.
Speaker 1: You're already like, poop it all over this. I I think I'm about it. Let's see, I was.
Speaker 2: This way too last week with the frosted lucky charms, I think, or one of them, and then I roasted oh fruity, I think, yeah, I'm surprised with that one, right, because of the marshmallows.
Speaker 1: All right, we can use our same spoons, right, I don't want any of the you know, earthy people yelling at us. Who the earthy people?
Speaker 2: Who's the earthy plastic? Well, okay, those.
Speaker 1: People, I love you people, but I'm still gonna use a plastic.
Speaker 2: We use paper cups, so that's our compromise.
Speaker 1: But it's coated with plastic. Okay, So here's yours, nutter butter cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it smells terrible.
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: It has an overpowering smell and.
Speaker 1: I can't different noses, different people. Let's take a bite. You ready, Okay, not a freaking nutter buttered cookie. What that is? Yeah, there's just cookies for breakfast.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I do this this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just tastes like I'm eating. Okay, So if I can make a comparison, and maybe this is just my personal preference, the cappin crunched peanut butter tastes like crunchy peanut butter. The Nutter butter cereal tastes like.
Speaker 1: Smooth yes, creamy yes.
Speaker 2: And I am a crunchy peanut butter fan, so I am not a fan of this one.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna tell you what. The Nutter butter cereal tastes like. It tastes like you're just sucking the cream out of the middle of a nutter butter.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I freakin' love it.
Speaker 2: That's a personal preference for you that it's delicious. I'm going to give this two bowls. Wow, I'm not a fan for for.
Speaker 1: A peanut butter. If you are a peanut butter lover, see, that's the thing. I like peanut butter, I don't love it. If I love peanut butter, this would get a way higher rating. But I'm I'm going to give it four bowls.
Speaker 2: You really cut your mouth.
Speaker 1: I'm not kidding. This is really good. I like the cream from cookies, and that's I can't stop eating this.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that's good for you.
Speaker 1: Then, hey, you know what, that's why there's two different opinions.
Speaker 2: That's why our chemistry is dynamic on this podcast.
Speaker 1: That's right, everybody, So I'm happy with both of them.
Speaker 2: No, it's Captain all the way. He is the Captain America of my serial Avengers.
Speaker 1: Guess what what Captain Crench Peanut Butter goes to three bowls in a spoon For me, I'm dropping it a spoon because I like this one way better.
Speaker 2: If I could drop kick you right now, I will see.
Speaker 1: I can't stop eating this. It's really good.
Speaker 2: You need help, I do. I am not a fan of this cereal and listen, it's good. But it's like, just eat a cookie. It's the same thing.
Speaker 1: I don't eat cookies.
Speaker 4: You do.
Speaker 1: That's a whole other podcast, folks.
Speaker 2: Maybe we'll tease it and then do it an episode ten.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're at fourteen minutes already. We gotta go where do we go? And we have to go do the next one. It's too long. People don't want to listen this long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh look, oh sorry, you have the attention span of a goldfish. Yeah wait what what?
Speaker 1: See? All right? Well, thank you for listening to episode nine, Yeah of serial Killers. The next one is ten.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: We've done ten episodes.
Speaker 2: Next, I'm gonna I'm just gonna say it. The next episode. It's not ten, it's episode X.
Speaker 1: No, I like ten. No, it's episode I'm not calling that phone and X. It's a ten X. Okay, we have to go. I'm gonna go cleanse my palate and more peanut butter coming up next. Thank you for listening to episode nine of serial Killers. Follow us on Twitter please serial Killers PC. That's cereal with a C.
Speaker 2: Yes on Twitter, yep, and uh yeah, follow me. I'm Andrew Pug.
Speaker 1: And I'm Ze Scotty B. So thank you much. We'll see you in a bit. And until then, Crouch said the captain.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I hate this