Speaker 1: Second date update. One of the best parts of dating is trying out new things like activities, new activities, new foods, felonies, because you never know what unique experiences you might have and how you're gonna feel when you're with this new person. That's fine. I was jam and that's what happened with one of our listeners, Aaron, who says he went out with a new woman and she inspired him to try doing something for the very first time. Aaron, is this your first time being on a radio show?
Speaker 2: Not my first time, but conversations?
Speaker 1: Yet she's inspired you to do at least two new things. Look at you. Wow, this woman already sounds like a keeper. What's her name?
Speaker 3: Her name is Becca, Becca?
Speaker 2: I am Becca online. It was my first foray.
Speaker 3: No, really, is the first time you ever did online dating?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was always like my dream was to find a person in person and connect. And then I was like, you know what, it's been such a struggle. Nobody wants to talk anymore in person.
Speaker 1: The internet is where people go to give up on their previous so much better. But where did you decide to go for your date?
Speaker 2: Okay, so the plan was we were supposed to just go me to the bar and have some beers and that was actually good. But then I got a little out of control.
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it sounds weird, but we were drinking at the bar and then I noticed at the window there was a pond shop across the streets.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're not in a very nice neighborhood. I get it. Yess Hey, listen, I grew up hanging out at pawn shops. They are not in the nice neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you saw the pawn shop and.
Speaker 2: What And then I was like, I've always wanted to go to those, you know, can we check it out?
Speaker 1: I've never been there, So this is the new experience that she inspired you to.
Speaker 2: Yah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, oh god, it could be really romantic and magical inside.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to a pawn shop Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Well no, no.
Speaker 3: They all smell a little weird. They're sad places. You're desperate people.
Speaker 1: Go, Aaron, maybe you had a better experience, Aaron, what was yours?
Speaker 2: Like? Yeah, so we just walked across the street and she was down with it, and so I popped in looked around and I was like, I haven't I actually have an idea, and so I went put to my car. She waited for me, and I came back and I was like, I had this whole cookie jar in the trunk and my grandma gave me. It kind of looked valuable, so I was like, okay, let's see, so here's.
Speaker 1: A good opportunity to get rid of it and maybe make some money, just get an a value. Yeah, so you brought it in yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was like to the guy behind the counter, I was like, hey, how much for this cookie jar?
Speaker 1: And he was like nothing, See, that's they lowball you at first. Yeah, you got a there's a Civil War cookie?
Speaker 3: Like is there diamonds or guns inside of that?
Speaker 2: In the family for a bit and I was like arguing with the guy, was like, I was just joking. I was like, oh, well, what about the necklace that she's wearing, you know, and necklace that's a joke? Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's an obvious joke.
Speaker 3: Isn't an obvious joke?
Speaker 1: Though? What did say?
Speaker 2: I mean we're both kind of tipsy, so she kind of laughed at it. When she realized I was joking, Okay, she was like, well, actually this necklace is from her ex. So she was like, I wouldn't mind really getting rid of it.
Speaker 1: She was wearing her ex boyfriend's necklace on her first date.
Speaker 3: Choice we could just get a yea pass out. Sometimes exes give good jewelry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure, okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was nice enough. But so we started negotiate with the guy and then he was like, I'll give you eighty dollars for it, and she's like sure, and she got rid of it. So I was like, yo, drinking money, man?
Speaker 1: Wow, Wait, are you worry? What if it was worth a lot more than that.
Speaker 3: They're always worth a lot more than that. If they're going to give you eighty bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but to get rid of an ex boyfriend's necklace, it kind of feels good to get rid of it emotion. So now you have eighty dollars to keep drinking.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we went back to the bar and we spent all eighty dollars here you go.
Speaker 3: Was she just mad that she ended up having to pay for the date then that?
Speaker 2: No, So she didn't say anything about that, Like, you know, we left the bar. We ended the night with the hugs. I decided I was like, I can't drive home because I'm not. I'm like really wasted at this point, and so I slept in the back to my car. But we got her in uber.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't uber.
Speaker 2: Back with her.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm fine here. I'm still scross from the It's okay.
Speaker 3: It's responsible, Like I.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to leave my car there in the parking lot, and then my grandma's cooking jars in there too. You know, it's like with it not the cookie jar j like.
Speaker 3: It did your date see you sleeping in the car?
Speaker 2: I don't remember, but I know she got home safe.
Speaker 1: So okay, okay, And I've been able to keep the conversation going with her after the date.
Speaker 2: Well that's the thing. It's like, I haven't got any responses from her. I mean, she liked one of my texts, so I know she saw it.
Speaker 3: Okay, but she didn't send like great time.
Speaker 2: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe she regrets selling the necklace and felt like kind of pressured by you and she sobered up.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean I hope not, because I mean we had a good time doing something we've totally never done before, and I mean same with her, so you.
Speaker 1: Know, I'm like, okay, well we're going to give Becho a whole another thing she's never done before. A random fun come from a bunch of radio hosts. When we come back and do your second date update right after this second date update, you're in the middle.
Speaker 3: Of a second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here Part two.
Speaker 1: What was supposed to be an ordinary date turned into a semi drunk episode of pond Stars.
Speaker 3: With this music.
Speaker 1: It was crazy how it happened. Because Aaron saw a pawn shop out the window of the bar that they were at. They ambled over across the street and he sold his date's necklace for beer money. Dude, I mean you.
Speaker 3: Say it in that sentence exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm not even exaggerating. And they went back to the bar and drank more with the eighty bucks that they scored, until he decided to spend the night in the back seat of his own car. God's honest truth. Any of that story up.
Speaker 2: When you recapped a date like that, it's a little creepy.
Speaker 3: No, is that creepy. It just sounds like you're from my hometown. Like all of that, it's very familiar.
Speaker 1: You're one of those friends in low places. Yeah. I mean it's not the date that you envisioned for yourself, clearly, but maybe it ended up better than you ever expected. And you said you had fun.
Speaker 2: I had great time. I would love to hear her again.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that a girl wouldn't call a guy back after he couldn't sell his own grandma's cookies.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: All right, We're sure George Clooney did that one, and look where he is nowonaire. So that's gonna be you soon, Aaron. First, we got to get you out on another date with Becca, so we're gonna call her right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey is this Becca?
Speaker 2: This is Becca?
Speaker 1: Hey Becca, what's up? You're on the morning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Hey Becca, Bye, welcome to the show.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, I'm literally on the radio right now.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are so hop on board because it's gonna be a little bit of a bumpy ride, okay, because well it's actually what could be smooth. It could be because we're doing something called the second Date Update, and we're trying to hook you back up with a guy you went out with recently named Aaron.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, seriously.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sounds like you guys had a fun night together.
Speaker 4: I mean it was, honestly, it was a great first date, but it kind of like led to like a kind of a bigger issue.
Speaker 1: So what kind of a thing?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, did he tell you that we were kind of drunk and went to a pawn shop and he sold my necklace, like off my neck.
Speaker 1: On a scale of one to ten. How romantic was that to you?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, I mean it was all It was definitely fun. I mean, I guess I intended on calling him back, but I took an uber home after our date, and I I kind of couldn't help myself because before I parted with the necklace, I asked Aaron to take a photo of me handing over the necklace of the pawnshop guy. Yeah, exactly exactly. And anyway, while I was in the Uber, I sent that photo to my ex.
Speaker 1: A revenge photo. Y.
Speaker 3: I mean that that is a good revenge.
Speaker 1: Look look what happened to your sweet precious jewelry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean we had broken up probably six months ago or something, and we hooked up a couple of times and then yeah, and so like I had started an online dating profile to like help me get over him, or you know, just find other options. So I didn't keep doing that. But then this, like selling the necklace was like supposed to be the nail in the coffin, like shutting the door.
Speaker 3: And that's a huge middle finger to get in your text, Like what did your ex say?
Speaker 4: Well, he didn't really say much, and I didn't. I just honestly I got home and I passed out and I didn't really care.
Speaker 3: So, okay, that's good. It does sound like you're over him.
Speaker 1: Done, Now what's the issue? What's wrong?
Speaker 4: But then the next day I woke up to my door, knock at my door, and it's my ex holding the necklace?
Speaker 3: What what? Did he go back to the pawnshop?
Speaker 4: He had done some investigative work and figured out which pawn shop it was, bought the necklace back for three hundred and twenty dollars. Oh this is how much you mean to me?
Speaker 3: Oh and he still wanted to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is really sad. Yeah, that's how men operate. We operate on sad.
Speaker 4: So not every man, not every man does that, do so, I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Hate him enough to pawn the necklace he gave you and then send it in a text like.
Speaker 4: I was drinking. I was drinking, still talking.
Speaker 3: Let's guess what happened next, or you just tell.
Speaker 4: Us we didn't hook up, if that's what you're implying. But I did invite him and we talk things over, and honestly, I mean it was so unexpected, like it was hot, Like it was hot for him to go through all that trouble and then take three hundred and twenty dollars to get it back.
Speaker 3: At that point too.
Speaker 1: You text an in vote right now seventy five nine two hot or not? He didn't spend over three hundred dollars on it, that is nice.
Speaker 3: I mean, what was it worth to begin with? Did he ever tell you?
Speaker 4: I don't know. He never told me, but it could have been more than I was something to say, hello, hello, Aaron. Is that Aaron?
Speaker 1: Yeah? That's a.
Speaker 3: I think your ex boyfriends in the back room.
Speaker 1: He's been listening on the other line this entire time, wanting to jump in.
Speaker 4: Are you serious, yeah, Aaron?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So wait, hold on, So you got back with your exes that you looked up with your exits.
Speaker 4: I did not hook up with my ax. But we have decided to I think no, I mean we want to try you know, we're trying it again. It's like, I mean, we had a fun day, and I mean, I think you're a really great guy. I was one hundred percent anticipating having a second day with you.
Speaker 2: I'm just being really honest, like this really hurts actually, like really you want to try that again instead of trying something new, like we did?
Speaker 1: You get very risky. Aaron basically teed up her ex to like, yeah, this home.
Speaker 2: Yeah I didn't. I didn't mean to do that. It just happened, you know, I mean honestly.
Speaker 3: I know, but you thought that you were ridding her of the X instead of you know what I mean, Like you're you're getting rid of the necklace. We're washing ourselves clean, We're moving forward.
Speaker 1: You were probably just asleep in your car when he was across the street.
Speaker 2: You're the good things happened. So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: You're in your car.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm sorry, Oh god, Yeah, I didn't want to leave my car. Look, I didn't. He didn't. I didn't want to leave the car there and I couldn't drive home. You know drunk, I was no.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm glad you didn't drive home, but I definitely didn't think you would sleep in your car.
Speaker 2: Look, I think I think you're great, and it's just a gesture of money. We had a great time, he just said, with money.
Speaker 1: I think that's important to keep in mind here. And also it's important to keep in mind that she hasn't hooked up with her ex boyfriend yet. So with that being said, I think I'm going to propose the two of you go out on another date, you and Aaron, and you can use it as a competition now to see who do you want to get with.
Speaker 3: More or maybe Aeron will lead you to another Rex and then you can.
Speaker 4: Good God, this has already been like kind of a shock to the system. But I mean, oh, but I think it's I feel I feel like a second date. Would that would that be awkward?
Speaker 1: I mean your new boyfriend. Yeah, only if you're wearing that necklace again, that might be a little.
Speaker 3: Longer just talking.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, look after a couple of whiskey sours, whiskey cokes, whatever you want, we're gonna sell that thing again.
Speaker 3: Oh let's see how many times your exploit frien will buy.
Speaker 1: It that.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 1: Come on, go on one more time, and we'll pay for it. Yes or no?
Speaker 4: All right, if you guys are paying for it, I will do a second date.
Speaker 1: It's a sloppy second date, just the way that we like it. We'll even throwing a free radio station blanket that the two of you can cuddle up underneath in the back seat of Aaron's car.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask if you can definitely put the uber.
Speaker 3: Built in brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 1: So that call, how been six months ago? And now Aaron and Becca are both back on the phone with us for an update. Updated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean does that mean that the X is out of the picture?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Are you so? What's going on you guys? Are you still together?
Speaker 2: You guys? Yes, we are still together.
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 3: What wait? Are you in like a throttle situation? Or is it just you two?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we're together. We're happy. But we have had a couple of challenges because that X has kept trying. He kept trying to butt in for a while.
Speaker 1: My god, now that Becca's radio famous. On the second date update, he.
Speaker 4: Basically would just show up like every couple of weeks, uh, with something that he knew that I wanted from when we were together. And yeah, I was definitely affecting Aaron and I being able to just relate with each other one on one. So I eventually had to just block my ex on on all platforms, all.
Speaker 1: Those thoughtful that he was doing.
Speaker 3: It's always the most romantic ones that end up the most creepy. I mean, it's true.
Speaker 1: But since then, your guys' relationship is good. You guys are going strong.
Speaker 2: Yes, she blocked everything. We've been great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what Aaron didn't tell you is that he actually, oh.
Speaker 1: God, what he proposed?
Speaker 3: Did you say proposed?
Speaker 4: Okay, but it was he was really drunk and he didn't have a ring and all this kind of stuff. I thought it was cute, but I did tell him in a more sober state, and he didn't really like recollect the whole thing. So see how it goes.
Speaker 3: So you're engaged or you're not engaged, no.
Speaker 2: Count.
Speaker 1: Everybody gets like a rehearsal run though, for that, So it's good practice.
Speaker 2: Aaron, all right down the road, it might happen because I didn't, she said, I don't remember all of it. But she said it wasn't a real ring. It was like an onion ring or something like that.
Speaker 1: I was gone, Yeah, make sure to keep us updated. Good luck you two. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.