Speaker 1: You're listening to Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: From the most trusted journalists at Comedy Central.
Speaker 3: It's America's only sorts for news.
Speaker 2: This it's The Daily Show with your host Michael Costa.
Speaker 1: Welcome to The Daily Show.
Speaker 3: I'm Michael Costa.
Speaker 4: We've got so much to talk about tonight. The NYPD does the Bear minimum, Fox News throws a party for themselves, and America's got a crush on a bad boy, like really like murder bad Anyways, let's get into the headlines. Let's start with the breaking news for the last few days. There's been a killer on the loose in America. Well, there's actually tons of killers in the loose in America, but this one killed someone important, so they were really looking for him.
Speaker 3: And personally, I'm glad they found him yesterday.
Speaker 4: Call me old fashioned, but I think murdering people in cold blood by shooting them in the.
Speaker 3: Back is wrong.
Speaker 4: So I'm glad that this ice cold assassin is off the streets. Let's find out more about his dark and mysterious past.
Speaker 5: Police officially charging twenty six year old Luigi Mangioni.
Speaker 3: Oh, well, well, hold on, what the assassin's name is? Luigi Mangioni. Did they find him hiding in a big pipe? I mean, I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
Speaker 4: The cops were able to locate him after following the trail of Fedncini Alfredo leaning out of Central car. It's okay, I can make fun of Italians because Italians annoy the shit out of me. But fine, fine, he's Italian. Does that mean he's a criminal? Probably? But what evidence? What evidence do they have that this is the guy?
Speaker 6: According to court records, the suspected killer had three D printed ghost gun on him, several fake IDs, eight thousand dollars in cash, in a three page handwritten manifesto.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, that's a lot of it. That's a lot of it. What else did they find on him?
Speaker 4: Was he wearing a T shirt that said I shot a CEO and all I got is this lousy T shirt?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 4: Are they sure that new Jersey ID was fake? I feel like, if your name is Luigi Mangioni, you're born with a new Jersey idea just slides out with you like the placenta.
Speaker 3: But but we can't give all the credit.
Speaker 4: To the Altoona police just because they caught him. Because the NYPD. Well, they did their part two. They were scouring the city for days. They were looking in the bushes. They looked on some other bushes. Here they're standing on a rock. Hey, should I look in that butch?
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 3: New York's finus. Don't get me wrong. They didn't spend the whole time barely looking in the bushes.
Speaker 4: The breakthrough in the case came as police divers continue to search a lake in New York Central Park for items dumped by the assassin.
Speaker 3: Great work, great work. They're like, hey, you guys looking for the killer.
Speaker 4: We're going to see if he wished on any lucky pennies down here. Hey, did the killer use a gun? Because we found five thousand to have them down here. So now that we know who the suspect is, it's time for society to indulge in its favorite pastime, obsessing over every detail about this guy's life like he's a k pop idol.
Speaker 8: Minjuni comes from a prominent Maryland family, which owns multiple country clubs in the state.
Speaker 2: He was valedictorian at his graduation from a forty thousand dollars a year private school with a cardination in his buttonhole.
Speaker 4: Oh Ooh, a carnation in his buttonhole. Not like one of those peasants who fills his buttonholes with buttons, I guess. But see, this is why I don't want to send my kids to private school, because if they become a murderer someday, that tuition what a waste of money, right, And that's why I support public education.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: That didn't get the response I anticipated, but that's okay. It's surprising that he comes from such a privileged background. He's not really the kind of guy you'd expect to become a murderer. I mean, I expect him to crash the housing market, but not kill a guy. So we know he was privileged, He was apparently smart, but were there any other clues that something might be going wrong.
Speaker 8: He spent time in Hawaii at a cool living space during twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three, and two people who knew Mangioni during that time say that he was dealing with frequent back pain due to an injury. One edit that Mangoni started a book club, but several members left due to discomfort over what he chose to read. An online book review from January of this year apparently written by Mangeoni praises some of the writings of the unibomber Ted Kaczynski.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you know, this is a classic mistake.
Speaker 4: You never want to start your book club with the unibomber. I mean, you kick it off with some Sally Rooney, then a little Jonathan Franzen. Then when everybody's like, we're so bored, that's when you hit him with the mail bomb stuff.
Speaker 3: Okay, but if.
Speaker 4: You're looking for something that will make you a hit with your book club, try this one.
Speaker 3: Lucky Loser.
Speaker 4: Adventures and Tennis and Comedy by Me Michael Costa. This is an actual, real book that I wrote, and it's available to pre order now.
Speaker 3: For the holidays.
Speaker 4: Consider it manifesto for wanting your money. So his medical issues could have been a motivation, The tech Dozinski love could have been a red flag, and recently there was something else raising alarm bells.
Speaker 5: Mangioni was in regular contact with friends and family until about six months ago, when he suddenly and inexplicably stopped communicating with them.
Speaker 3: In July, a friend messaged him on X Hey man, I need you to call me.
Speaker 9: You made commitments to me for my wedding and if you can't honor them, I need to know so I can plan accordingly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, sorry, bro, but Luigi was busy planning the most important day of his life. Okay, but this is a good reminder when you get mad at someone for not responding, be kind.
Speaker 3: You never know what they're going through. They might be plotting an assassination.
Speaker 4: But now this guy's been arrested, and normally most people believe that getting a suspected killer off the streets.
Speaker 3: Is a good thing. That's not exactly what happened this time. Surging support on social media for murder suspect Luigi Mangioni. The hashtag free Luigi trending worldwide. Y'all saying a murderer? I'm saying freedom fighter.
Speaker 10: The comments posted in reaction to the CNN News post brutle McDonald's employees snitched on a working class hero two hundred and fifty one likes. I hope someone creates a go fund me for his legal defense. Not all heroes wear capes somewhere backpacks? Does he need someone to corroborate his alibi because I got him?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: These horrible comments should never be repeated, And now let me read all of them slowly on national television. Look, I understand that we all hate insurance companies. I happen to think America needs free, universal healthcare funded by taxes. Yeah, but shooting a real human in the back is not heroic and it's not going to get people what they want. And if you want real change, but we have to realize that comes from a lot of people working together, doing a lot of small things, organizing, educating, voting for politicians who will actually pass universal healthcare. And that might not be exciting or thrilling or sexy. But if you want that, why don't you pick up a copy of my new book, Lucky Loser. It's available for pre order now and it's inspired zero murders so far. Now, there is one other reason this guy's built such a fan base.
Speaker 3: He's a total snack.
Speaker 2: And also, let's not get around the fact a lot of people find the man attractive, and so.
Speaker 3: That a new hot felon.
Speaker 5: I don't know, and I was talked about how some people were saying he was an attractive looking killer.
Speaker 10: So much of you know, the clips we were watching at the top of this segment are driven by the fact that this is this is an attractive you know.
Speaker 7: We got to drop the banner and it's it is.
Speaker 3: Deeply troubling that we are celebrating this person.
Speaker 4: I love how Cnanna is like, I can't believe people are romanticizing this monster.
Speaker 3: Control Room, Kim we zoom in on his giant dung. My question is is he really even that hot?
Speaker 4: I mean, take away the hair and the abs, the face, the arm, that.
Speaker 3: Easy smile, the way his eyes light up. I'm sorry we talk what we're talking about Ciria and what are we talking? We're talking about the guy with the incredible abs.
Speaker 4: I know everyone's getting all horned up because he's got muscles, but.
Speaker 3: That's not what makes him man. You know what does providing for your family?
Speaker 4: Watching most of a documentary thinking about googling a charity you heard about.
Speaker 3: That's masculinity. All right, thank you.
Speaker 4: Now for more on the case, Let's go live to the Manhattan DA's office with Ronnie Chang. Ronnie, important case, Ronnie, what's the latest?
Speaker 11: Well, Michael was slowly learning more about who exactly Luigi Mangioni is. On the surface, well off, private school educated, young man Ivy League graduate. He worked as a data engineer. All in all, he had a bright future, but five days ago it took a doc turn.
Speaker 4: Wait wait, wait, hold on, did you show a photo of yourself shirtless hiking?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 11: I just want to get some good pictures of me out there in case I'm ever in the news for murder.
Speaker 3: But you're gonna murder somebody, No, I don't know.
Speaker 11: I'm not a fortune teller, right, but he if it happens someday, I want to do the responsible thing and have some first traps ready for CNN. Right, so just just let me do my report, Okay, all right, fine, go ahead. Anyway, the killers' motivations remain a.
Speaker 12: Mystery, But what we do know is that in an America with such easy access to weapons and one where passions run high, a tragedy is just moments away and.
Speaker 13: Can have consequences that last for what, Runnie, Ronnie, what the hell is this?
Speaker 3: Ronnie?
Speaker 7: What is this?
Speaker 3: No, that's that's just a ken Burns effect.
Speaker 11: Okay, it helps make still images more dynamics, because Ronnie.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, the news isn't gonna show pictures of your dog busting out of your speedo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they will.
Speaker 11: That's how hotness works, Michael. I mean, just look at Jesus. Okay, well we still be talking about him today. If you look like Rudy Giuliani, I don't think so. I mean the fact is America is obsessed with image and images in our society. Do you taking dictate public opinion? And while we wait to hear about the suspect's motive, what about mentioning this history.
Speaker 3: Of how you get this?
Speaker 4: Why am I in that photo? Why am I four hundred pound? Why am I covered in chili? This sucks, Michael.
Speaker 11: It's not personal, Okay, this's a comparison.
Speaker 3: It just makes me look harder.
Speaker 11: But like I was saying, there was a manifesto, and Mangioni does seem to have a serious problem with that.
Speaker 13: Like, no, no, that's no Ronnie, dude, what why do I what's running? Why do I have a thought bubble that says I pee sitting down and you're not even in that photo?
Speaker 3: This sucks?
Speaker 11: Yeah, of course I'm not in the photo. Why would I associate myself with a loser pee sitting down?
Speaker 4: I mean, get out of here, Ronnie, Ronnie Chang everyone, Why am I when.
Speaker 3: We come back, we find out who want a word? Seasons that don't grow up?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to the very show.
Speaker 4: It's award season in Hollywood, so let's get all the latest another edition of Who Won It Best?
Speaker 14: Welcome to Who Won It Best.
Speaker 5: We're the only thing better than an award show is talking about an award show, and tonight we're covering all the glitz and glam and hont goss from America's greatest award show.
Speaker 11: Welcome to Fox Nation and the sixth Annual Patriot Awards.
Speaker 14: That's right, the Fox.
Speaker 5: Nation Patriot Awards, the very real award show where Fox on our the Patriots brave enough to share a room with Jesse Waters.
Speaker 9: It's like the Oscars for people who want to firebomb the Oscars. And who better to lead it than the master race of ceremonies himself, Sean Hannity.
Speaker 5: A little bit of a wardrobe change if you haven't noticed.
Speaker 3: As long as I'm going to be called garbage, I might as well wear the garbage vest.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, my room still hurt from laughing. Also, Pete Hegseth punched me in the stomach.
Speaker 14: He's so fun, fun time fun.
Speaker 9: And as you can probably guess the world's biggest stars came out for the Fox Nation Patriot Awards, everyone from Kurt Cameron, Lee Greenwood.
Speaker 5: Then there was the biggest celebrity surprise of all.
Speaker 15: Now I want you guys to stay right here because we have a special surprise for you.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen. Please welcome the CEO of Patriot Mobile. Glenn's Story.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, Glen glenn Story.
Speaker 3: We're America's only Christian conservative cell phone service provider.
Speaker 14: Glenn's Story.
Speaker 7: Yes that thing.
Speaker 5: Can you believe they got Glenn's Story out Patriot Mobile?
Speaker 9: Nod got chills.
Speaker 5: You know some cell phone companies have five G Patriot Mobile has one G.
Speaker 9: God, But let's get to the winners. One of them was an actor and former actor Kurt Cameron. He won a Patriot Award for his conservative children's books, like this one about a foible zoo animal.
Speaker 7: Got isn't he? Who is his trainer?
Speaker 3: I want his number?
Speaker 9: Let's take a listen to his inspiring acceptance speech.
Speaker 6: There's such a wind of hope and optimism in the air, and people can.
Speaker 3: Smell the fragrance of the.
Speaker 9: Freedom, the fragrance of freedom. Sweete, you're at an event with Fox News anchors. That's just chloroform.
Speaker 14: Speaking of being knocked out, look at that trophy.
Speaker 7: Let's learn more.
Speaker 14: About the exquisite design of the Patriot Award.
Speaker 5: This year's award has a commemorative stripe in the middle of it.
Speaker 3: It's made of steel.
Speaker 5: Recovered from nine to eleven and the World Trade Center towers house.
Speaker 3: That and now it's part of this metal. Wow.
Speaker 9: Wow, wow, wow, beautiful, beautiful nine to eleven steel. Sir, A second Patriot Award has just hit your trophy.
Speaker 3: Case, Troy.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize nine to eleven steel was available for purchase.
Speaker 9: Oh definitely. When I got my vis line, I had my orthodonist Youth nine to eleven steel.
Speaker 3: On the retainer.
Speaker 14: Oh do you wear it at night?
Speaker 9: I never forget, you know.
Speaker 5: The big question was who would win the Patriot of the Year, the most the night's most coveted award. A three star general, a courageous police officer, the Hopta girl.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, Donald Trumpald Trump obviously going to be Donald Trump and get this.
Speaker 9: His acceptance speech was twelve minutes long.
Speaker 3: Impressive.
Speaker 9: Wow, eat shit, halle Berry.
Speaker 3: This is uh quite a group. I have so many friends sitting. I have incredible people at Fox. You have incredible people at every level of Fox. No, no play, no golf, no nothing. I didn't smoke with Canada and Justin came flying and I looked over.
Speaker 5: Well that Shart showed we had the best immigration the lowest number of people in America.
Speaker 3: Great again.
Speaker 5: The band simply won't play him off because he is too captivating. Also, he'll stick the FBI on their families.
Speaker 14: Isn't that fun?
Speaker 7: Fun?
Speaker 9: So fun?
Speaker 5: By the way, Troy, did you get your fabulous Patriot Awards swag?
Speaker 15: Best?
Speaker 7: I did?
Speaker 9: It's a bottle of surplus info wars prostate support young, Oh.
Speaker 14: What I wouldn't give to have a prostate right now?
Speaker 3: So far?
Speaker 7: I bet I bet it is.
Speaker 5: Anyway, those are all the highlights from the twenty twenty four Fox Nation Patriot Awards. I can't wait to see what they have in store next year.
Speaker 9: How are they going to top Glenn's story from Patriot Mobile?
Speaker 7: They won't.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, You're enjoy it.
Speaker 1: When we come back, Dev Hong will be running on the show Don't Go Away.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to the down the Show.
Speaker 4: My guest tonight is the Nation's first Native American to serve as a Cabinet secretary running the Department of Interior under President Biden. Please welcome Interior Secretary Dev Holland.
Speaker 3: Right, the Department of Interior.
Speaker 7: The Department of the Interior.
Speaker 3: Department of the INTI. And I'm going to ask for the audience because.
Speaker 11: They I know.
Speaker 4: It's been called the Department of everything else. What exactly is the Department of the Interior.
Speaker 15: At the Department of the Interior, we manage millions and millions of acres of all of our public lands under the National Park Service, of Wildlife Refuges, the Bureau of Land Management. We protect and preserve our nation's cultural heritage, and we uphold the trust and treaty obligations of our countries. Five hundred and seventy four federally recognized Indian tribes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you do at your job? Let's talk about that.
Speaker 4: You are thirty fifth generation Laguna Pueblo from New Mexico.
Speaker 3: Yes, thirty fifth generation?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 3: Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: But are you sure?
Speaker 4: I mean that is I asked my mom to get a picture of her grandfather and she left the room and I didn't see her for three days.
Speaker 3: How do you know, thirty five generations?
Speaker 15: So, my ancestors from Chaco Canyon it's now Choco Culture National Historical Park, migrated from that area and from other areas to Bearsiers, mas Verdi, all over the southwest to what is now New Mexico.
Speaker 7: In like twelve eighty.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 7: So I one time, I just for the heck of it, took.
Speaker 15: Out my calculator and searched how many years in a generation? And then I calculated it out and it came out to thirty five.
Speaker 3: That's amazing. One of the duties that you've taken on as the Secretary.
Speaker 4: Is trying to write some historical wrongs, many of which have been done under the guise of the Department of the Interior.
Speaker 3: Tell me about that journey. What has that been like?
Speaker 15: Yes, Yes, the department that I now lead once had the job of working to assimilate Indians, moving Native Americans out of their communities, away from their families, to assimilate them into mainstream society. And one of the ways they did that was to essentially steal children from their mother's father's families communities and ship them off, sometimes thousands of miles away from their homes to attend Indian boarding schools, and so when I got to the department, we thought about what can we do to make a difference in the future of our native communities across the country. One of the ways was to be honest about our country's history. It's a history that not a lot of people, not a lot of Americans realize, right when they think of boarding school, they think about, you know, sending their kids to really nice East Coast, you know, boarding school.
Speaker 7: This was a place where they cut their.
Speaker 15: Hair, burn their clothes, their native languages and couldn't they couldn't practice their cultures or traditions, and they were forced to eat food that they weren't used to.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 15: Traditional food is is It's important, right, depending on where you are geographically in the United States, And so so we wanted to bring attention to that.
Speaker 7: We wrote two reports.
Speaker 15: Our team researched, you know, they read one hundred and three million pages of documents to put these reports together. And then we set out across the country and did what we called the Road to Healing, and we heard directly from descendants and and actual survivors of the boarding school, the Indian boarding schools, and we that's to be an oral history at some point.
Speaker 7: We're working on that.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: It's the type of history that I'm embarrassed I don't know more about, so then I'm afraid to ask about it. And then the cycle happens and continues. And what does atonement look like?
Speaker 15: Yeah, so don't be afraid to ask, okay, because that's how you learned.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 3: I love that and I just did it on TV. And how I feel like about it.
Speaker 7: So one of the you know, one of the ways for me, it's healing.
Speaker 15: Right, we have this generational trauma and you know, you can look that up and get the definition for a generational trauma. It's handed down through the generations. You you kind of are affected by what happened to your great grandparents at some of these schools, and it's first acknowledging what happened. And that was an acknowledgment by President Biden. He made a form acknowledgment and apology in Arizona on Indian Land and apologize for these atrocities that happened to the children way back then. But it's also ensuring that people don't ever forget. You learn the history, you don't forget it. And so that's what we're doing with our Oral History project, making sure that folks have the opportunity to hear directly from those survivors and know what it was like.
Speaker 4: We as people are so afraid to apologize in every capacity, but it can be helpful.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, yes, you should.
Speaker 15: You know, we should be humble in the way we lead our lives, and when you're wrong, you should apologize, of course.
Speaker 4: Well, well, someone described you, maybe it was on your team, but I read it somewhere that you never fight, but you always win, And I was like, that's some Jedi mind shit right there. What is your philosoph and handling people or difficult situations or confrontations.
Speaker 15: Well that I think that came from when I ran my congressional campaign. And so it's it's yes, you, I mean, tell people what you're about, right, tell tell people what they're voting for, not what they're voting against. So it's it's caring about people. It's showing them what you want.
Speaker 7: To do for them. That's all on the campaign side.
Speaker 15: On this side of the table, working for as a federal employee, it's it's yes, it's being vulnerable, it's it's really appreciating, it's.
Speaker 7: It's admitting that, you know, you're not the end all be all.
Speaker 15: I lead the Department of the Interior, but I have sixty five thousand federal employees public servants every day come to work ready to dedicate their careers to the American people, and so I give them the credit as much as I can.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, it's beautiful to hear that.
Speaker 4: Also, I listened to that, and there's a tragic thought of the new administration and what's coming.
Speaker 3: And I feel like it'll be a different philosophy.
Speaker 4: How do you handle a new administration coming and one that appears on the exterior to be significantly different.
Speaker 15: Sure, well, of course we are responsible and we are moving forward with the transition, right. I know you're going to say it's helping the President. Biden wants a transition that is calm and collected and all of that. So we're going to do our best to make sure that whoever comes into the Department.
Speaker 7: Of the Interior knows what we're working on.
Speaker 15: You know, we can tell them what's meant a lot to us and how we've managed the department. But don't forget their will still be sixty five thousand career staff there who don't leave when I leave, right, and they will continue to do the really wonderful work that they have been doing for decades and decades.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about.
Speaker 4: You recently gave President Biden a parting gift at the Tribal Nation Summit.
Speaker 3: Tell me a little bit about that.
Speaker 15: What was it? Yes, Well, it's you know, for centuries, Native Americans have used blankets to you know, look when you when you bring a new baby home from the you know, from the hospital, or even if you have your child, you wrap it.
Speaker 7: In a blanket.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 15: A blanket is something that's comforting, it's something that's meaningful, and that's the way that Native Americans can show that they care about you.
Speaker 3: And I can't think of a more beautiful gift.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's it's you. You know, you wrap yourself in in in the blanket.
Speaker 3: There's blanket there, it is. That's great.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, here I am giving Amazon gift cards and those don't those don't Those don't warm you. If anything, they make you feel more vapid and have a hole in your sault.
Speaker 15: Well, that is it's a Native American owned business. And so I like to you know, solicit businesses that that I can like that, and yes, the President was very grateful for that. I had it monogrammed and it said Joe Biden Champion for Indian Country.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. And you just you recently ran thirty four miles in the desert. What's wrong?
Speaker 15: I mean, is it.
Speaker 4: Look although technically that could be somebody else because your face is covered.
Speaker 3: But what's all that about? You don't have enough on your Plate's so well?
Speaker 15: I love running, Yes, And we went to visit on an official visit to Canyon to Shay.
Speaker 7: It's in Arizona.
Speaker 15: It's a joint management between the National Park Service in the Navajo Nation. And one of our tour guides told us about this race, and as soon as I got in the car, I said, we need to run that.
Speaker 7: And so it's a lottery.
Speaker 3: I give us a little bit of an insight into your mindset.
Speaker 7: I applied for the race. I got in, believe it or not, and so then of course I had to.
Speaker 15: You know, I have a little bit of an entourage when I travel, so I some of my security detail and staff had to run with me.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: So they're going like four miles and then they're sharing it. No, I just think about our security here. They couldn't even go five hundred feet.
Speaker 15: One of them ran seventeen miles up and the other one ran seventeen miles back.
Speaker 3: With me years ago, you broke your foot hiking a mountain.
Speaker 4: It did, and then and then you refused to take a helicopter down and you walked down on this broken foot?
Speaker 3: Was that like for an.
Speaker 7: A broken leg? I had those hiking poles, so that was helpful.
Speaker 3: But well, it sounds like it wasn't if you broke.
Speaker 7: Your legs when you when you had no they weren't helpful at the time. I slipped on a rock. Isn't that strange? It was just a freak accident.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was.
Speaker 15: My choices were to walk down, take a helicopter like, dangle on the outside of the helicopter, okay, I think, or get eight staff away from their jobs to carry me down in a chair. And all I thought about was the headlines, right, Secretary Holland, you know, takes eight staff away from their jobs to carry her down the mountain in a chair.
Speaker 7: So I decided to walk.
Speaker 3: That's that's tough of you. It shows your grip. You have forty days left on the job. What is next for Madam Secretary?
Speaker 4: I mean, you have successfully run a salsa company, bakery. You're now what you're in school right now as we speak.
Speaker 7: Now, actually in school I am.
Speaker 15: I'm working to finish my master's thesis that I kind of put on hold for a long time.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so okay, I'm going to finish that.
Speaker 3: And what is your master's thesis on?
Speaker 7: It's about It's about native food?
Speaker 15: Actually amazing, Yes, it's I wanted to show that at Laguna we still have we still our traditional foods are the same as they were before we migrated.
Speaker 7: Stew and bread. It might be different forms, right.
Speaker 15: I may not grow my corn personally, but when I cook it together the way that my ancestors did, we consider it traditional.
Speaker 3: That's amazing.
Speaker 4: I feel the same way about micro way of popcorn. But this comes from Ronnie Chang, my friend and fellow News team member, and I love this question.
Speaker 3: What Native American philosophy can be applied to our current lives and times? And if it's a bad question, it's Ronnie's question.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I.
Speaker 15: Don't know about Native American quote unquote philosophy, but I'll tell you some words that.
Speaker 7: I live by.
Speaker 3: That's bad, that's broad.
Speaker 15: Yes, okay, please some words. I live by every single day. My Auntie, God rest her soul. Auntie Anne. She was the kindest human being you would ever meet. And her advice to me was be nice to everyone. Be nice to everyone. Be nice to people you don't particularly care about, because that's the that's what you should radiate out to people, right Be kind to animals, be kind to just be kind. And I feel like sometimes kindness might be in short supply in our country right now, but if we all followed my auntswer at, then we might be better off.
Speaker 3: I think that's a beautiful answer.
Speaker 4: It's ironic that Ronnie asked that question because he's a dickhead to everybody, h.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for talking with us. I really appreciate it. Secretary of lead.
Speaker 1: To Deva's that quick pace.
Speaker 3: Will we write back after this, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Secret that's the show for tonight now here it is your moment of Zach.
Speaker 16: Hey, good morning guys.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 16: First, let's talk about the community reaction to all of it. As you've been here behind me. There are so many of hostility seem in the fact that media is covering this story same and see this leaf blower behind me has told us that he will not leave until we do, so we are definitely seeing some of the comm Unity members reacting not happy.
Speaker 2: Explore more shows from the Daily Show podcast universe by searching The.
Speaker 3: Daily Show wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: Watch The Daily Show weeknights at eleven ten Central on Comedy Central, and stream full episodes anytime on Paramount plus
Speaker 7: Paramount Podcasts