Speaker 1: Welcoming as verdict with Ted Cruz week in Review Ben Ferguson with you, and these are the stories that you may have missed that we talked about this week. First up, Hunter Biden's gun has been in evidence, and guess what was on that gun in the case it was holding that gun none other than a white substance. It's now been confirmed as cocaine. So why did it take from twenty seventeen until now? Well, it was probably a part of the big cover up. We'll have more about that in a moment. Also, ESPN they knew they were giving fake awards to people that were on air personalities, and they'd been doing it for decades and they finally got caught. So why is the rest of the media not calling them out for this? And finally, Hunter Biden's laptop something we already knew four years ago it was real, and now the Department of Justice has admitted that in fact, it is real and they knew it all along. Is there going to be any accountability for that weekend review? And it starts right now, Senator, I want to turn to something else real quick, and it's another issue that you're not going to hear about probably anywhere but here, and you might see it on Fox. Hunter Biden is back in the news barely keyword barely, and The Washington Post Matt Weiser tweeted this out, saying, in a new court filing, the Department of Justice said they pulled Hunter Biden's gun from evidence in twenty twenty three and found a white substance on the leather gun pouch. An FBI chemist determined it was cocaine. To be clear, quote, investigators literally found drugs on the pouch where the defendant has kept his gun, and yet no one's talking about cocaine found on the leather pouch of the president's son's firearm.
Speaker 2: Really, so look, Hunter Biden is a world of trouble. Anyone who pays attention knows that this filing this week from the Department of Justice was really stunning. It is a felony for someone who has a substance abuse problems, for someone who's using illegal drugs to.
Speaker 3: Have a firearm.
Speaker 2: Here's what the Biden Department of Justice said in their written brief filed in court. I just want to read this. It is the following paragraph title, Cocaine was found on the defendant's brown leather gun pouch.
Speaker 4: Here's what the paragraph says.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty three, FBI investigators pulled sealed evidence from the state police vault to take photographs of the defendant's firearm, being Hunter Biden. After opening the evidence, FBI investigators observed a white pottery substance on the defendant's brown leather pouch that had held the defendant's firearm in October twenty eighteen. Based on their training an expertise, investigators believed that this substance was likely cocaine and that this evidence would corroborate the messages that investigators had obtained, which showed the defendant buying and using drugs in October twenty eighteen. An FBI chemist subsequently analyzed the residue and determined that it was cocaine. To be clear, investigators literally found drugs on the pouch where the defendant had kept his gun. Now, look, this is reminiscent of Bob Menendez having evidence in his closet of a jacket with the US Senate seal on it with the name Senator Menendez typed on it with a packet of ten thousand dollars in its pocket, with the fingerprints of the Egyptians who were allegedly bribed him in his pocket. Like I got to tell you, I practiced law a lot of years. You don't get evidence like this. You don't get evidence that ties every piece of it together. The fact that Hunter his gun case had cocaine on it, and the FBI is determined yep, that's cocaine on his gun case. The felony is possessing a firearm while using illegal drugs. Your gun case has cocaine on it. I don't care how bad a lawyer you are, that ain't hard to prove. And and let's be clear, the Biden DOJ was prepared to give a sweetheart deal to Hunter, Biden give him a slap on the wrist and have him serve zero, not a moment of jail time until they got caught at it. And so this evidence.
Speaker 1: By the way, while they knew that the crime had committed, which is a felony, lying on this form to buy a gun. I mean, you can't make not a center cocaine on the pouch of the gun. How much easier would it be for you to have a cage than this.
Speaker 2: Look, I want to say something original that's never been said before cocaine.
Speaker 4: She don't lie, She don't lie. Cocaine. Yeah yeah, welcome to your DOJ right now.
Speaker 1: If you're the President's signed, you can have cocaine on your gun and they still will try to give you a sweetheart deal to cover it.
Speaker 2: By the way, but Ben, don't forget the mystery of the century. The Department of Justice, the FBI, the CIA, the entire a massed forces of the federal government cannot figure out who left a packet of cocaine in the White House. With cameras everywhere and security guards everywhere, it's a mystery. Who the hell can figure it out? And his name might rhyme with bunter Heyden.
Speaker 4: All right, I can, I can.
Speaker 1: I can ask this because it's a podcast, I can use this word, So I'm gonna use it. Which one and we'll end with this center pisses you off off more that they can't figure out who's cocaine it was in the White House, or that they can't figure out who leaked the decision coming out of the Supreme Court on Roe v.
Speaker 4: Wade.
Speaker 2: So let me break those down. And I actually I'm joking with the bunter Hyden thing, but as we said on a previous podcast, and go back, I actually don't think it's Hunter Biden's cocaine, really, okay, because and we talked about this, right, that's.
Speaker 4: Right, because I believe it totally is.
Speaker 2: No, it's not because the place it's at is where the staff goes in and out. I think it's a staffer. I don't know if it's the chief of staff or the deputy chief of staff or a senior official, but it's an employee, and probably a senior employee. But I don't know that of the Biden White House because Hunter Biden, as the presidential son, doesn't go through the staff entrance to the West Wing. I go through all there all I used to. I haven't been there in years, but when Trump was president, I went through there all the time. That's where staff goes in and out. It's not where the first family goes in and out. And so I actually think the cover up there is they are hiding for a staffer who was dumb enough to bring his or her cocaine into the White House. So I was being a smart ass saying saying it was Hunter Biden's, but I actually don't think that's Hunters. I do think the cocaine on his gun pouch was Hunters, but that's a different thing between the two. It's not even close in terms of what the public consequence is, which is the leaking of the draft opinion from the Supreme Court was consequential at historic levels. It undermined the rule of law, It undermined the Supreme Court, and I think it is an absolute outrage that they have not tracked down and prosecuted the person who did so. So between the two, it's not even close. But I got to say, more broadly on the cocaine issue, Look, this DOJ filing illustrates that the evidence against Hunter is compelling. It's overwhelming. And mind you that the Biden DOJ has let the most serious offenses, has let the statute limitations expire. They're trying to let him off. Remember remember, remember we said this in our last podcast. The target of this investigation, if you're looking at the public interest, is not and should not be Hunter Biden. The guy is a poor, sad sack who's got enormous problems. But the reason this is a matter of public import is because Joe Biden, Daddy Biden, who's the President of the United States has now years and even decades of history of corruption, of selling official favors for millions of dollars going to his family, and so this filing from the Biden DOJ just shows they've got the evidence like crazy, and yet they're bending over. I want to ask you, Ben, do you think all right? You own a gun store? Yeah, I want to ask you a question. At your gun store, if the FBI came in and found cocaine on a brown leather package that was holding guns, what do you think how do you think they would treat Ben Ferguson.
Speaker 1: I would be in jail and it would be bad. Yeah, it wouldn't even be up for debate.
Speaker 2: But like not close, like sing sing, don't bend over for the soap. Ben, nice to know you. I'll write your letter, I'll bake you a cake and put a file in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That and that would be how they would treat I think pretty much anybody that doesn't have the connections that he has.
Speaker 2: Now, if your name were Benjamin Biden, by the way, you would be driving a sweet car, you might have a private play, and you would be living life well because you'd be able to sell favors from daddy.
Speaker 1: Now, if you want to hear the rest of this conversation, you can go back and listen to the full podcast from earlier this week.
Speaker 4: Now onto story number two.
Speaker 1: All right, lastly, I do have to ask you about a story. And you love sports as much as I love sports. I watch a lot of sports. It's my way of just, you know, disconnecting from the political world. There was one story this week that just made me so happy that ESPN got busted. The same people that are so sanctimonious about anybody that they think might be doing something wrong in sports, and they got all in on the Black Lives Matter and all the kneeling protests and stood behind people that were kneeling.
Speaker 4: So this happened this week.
Speaker 1: ESPN took awards won by imaginary people whose names they submitted on purpose, so John Do Jane Doo right, people that didn't work for them, didn't even exist, they knew didn't exist, and then had these awards after they won, re engraved to give quote on air personalities statues. ESPN awarded the trophies to front facing figures to give them more clout. So this was like a clear conspiracy to like raise the the you know the stature of their own on air people. They gave these figures to college game day hosts such as Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreet, Chris Fowler, Desmond Howard, and Sam Ponder. This is because quote hosts were not eligible to be honored in a credit list until twenty twenty three. Now, this scheme was something that went on, not for like a year or two, went on for decades. What happened well until twenty twenty three. They said, we were just trying to give them what we thought was so they needed. They're now being forced to give the statues back. I gotta get your reaction to it. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, like a lot of sports fans, ESPN pisses me off. ESPN pisses me off because they've decided in recent years that they don't actually really care about sports.
Speaker 3: They care about woke politics.
Speaker 2: And so they spend it seems more time lecturing us about their radical politics than actually covering sports, like watching amazing plays, watching great catches in the end zones, watching you know, tomahawk dunks or crushing blocks, or you know, amazing Grand Slam hits. I mean, sports is fun to watch, but they said no, no, no, we're political commentators. We're left wing, and you know what, MSNBC is not woke enough for us. We can be to the left of MSNBC, and it pisses me off because most sports fans are not hardcore Marxist. We're watching it because we enjoy it, and so ESPN it is almost worth watching it on mute. I don't quite do that, because you do learn. When they cover sports, you occasionally learn some interesting things, and so I like, you know, I like hearing the commentary of you know so and so. This is, for example, the the Cleveland Browns. I learned when the Texans were winning, were the first team in twenty years to make the playoffs after leading the NFL in turnovers.
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 4: I did not know that.
Speaker 2: It's it that's kind of interesting, you know. And flaccoh Look, Flack was a very good quarterback. He just has a bad habit of throwing interceptions. But he's still he's an old dude. So I sort of like watching old dudes that are not not yet put out the bad habit.
Speaker 4: As long as he's on the other team, I love that habit.
Speaker 2: It was they weren't interceptions they were great passes to our defenders and needed needed to score. Our defense almost outscored the offense. I mean that was the fourteen points from the d is pretty good.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's commentary you like to hear. That's kind of an interesting fact TOOI And it's like, huh, I didn't know that, but instead ESPN just yabbers on and it's a corporate decision.
Speaker 1: Corporate It's I don't even I remember. I remember when I saw the change in real life. You remember on ESPN two they used to show Cole Pizza. They would have on guests. I was a guest that did that show regularly, and I did it when there was a controversy that was quasi kind of like political in nature with it with sports, and they used to have both sides, and then all of a sudden they said, hey, we basically ban all conservatives.
Speaker 3: Yeah. By the way, I'm curious, check me on this.
Speaker 2: When when Daily Wire came out with with their movie Lady Baller, in which yours truly has a cameo.
Speaker 3: Now it's a sports movie. It's a sports movie.
Speaker 4: I wonder if you'll get an Emmy for that, Like if they because that's a real name. They could at least nominate.
Speaker 3: But my question, did ESPN cover the movie Lady Ballers.
Speaker 4: Which was a sports movie. They should have at least mentioned it's a sports movie.
Speaker 3: It's really funny. It's like dodgeball. It's really funny.
Speaker 2: The premise of Lady Ballers, which if you haven't watched it, you ought to go watch it because you'll laugh. It's well done. I have a tiny cameo, so my part is completely inconsequential. But the premise is a bunch of guys in their forties who, when they were in high school where the state champion in basketball, decide to pretend they're women and dominate women's basketball.
Speaker 3: It's really damn funny. It's amazing.
Speaker 2: No one's made this movie for twenty years because it's an obvious premise, but they do it.
Speaker 4: BEAUTI very predictable movie that should have been made.
Speaker 3: But no one would.
Speaker 2: And by the way, most Hollywood actors won't participate in it because they'd be blackballed for daring to laugh at the idioces of the woke left.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: ESPN would never acknowledge it exists, but we now know, and this story is amazing that ESPN in addition to being woke leftist propagandists, they are liars. They are engaged in active fraud decades. And understand what this lie is. It's really quite stunning. So they're submitting to an award show to win awards, and they're asked to list all of the crew. So if we give you an award, who deserves it and they just for decades put fake names there. Yeah, now they want a bunch of these awards, and so they'd get the award statues with a fake name. You know, you might say that is a Mickey Mouse award, Well, it might have been a Mickey Mouse award. It might have been awarded to Mickey Mouse because they they just they made up names of human beings that don't exist, not even people that didn't work on the show. Just totally made up names. And why did they do it? Because they wanted the little statuette.
Speaker 4: Yeah's a big deal.
Speaker 2: To pull the name played off and put somebody else's name that was their on air talent, and their on air talent was ineligible. And understand esp is being forced to return.
Speaker 1: I think it's thirty thirty seven thirty seven thirty seven so they were ordered ESPN to return a total of thirty seven trophies, each of which was intended for a behind the scenes employee who does not exist. Former ESPN reporter Shelley Smith told The New York Times that in May of twenty twenty three, executive Stephanie Dooley ordered her to return her two Sports Emmy statues. Duley apparently told her that it was a serious matter and that the reason must stay between them. So it wasn't just that they got busted. There was in a cover up to make sure that the story didn't go public after they were ordered to get back the thirty seven.
Speaker 2: Try So, Ben, I'm gonna go online and I'm going to see if you can order a fake Emmy, and I'm going to order a fake Emmy with the name Mickey Mouse. And then when it arrives, I'm gonna take Mickey Mouse off and I'm gonna put Ben Ferguson on.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'll get you won for Lady Ballers, and I'll just just make it up because.
Speaker 2: Well but I want to put the Emmy up our our Emmy Award winning podcast, because you know what, we won as many Emmy's as the on talent at ESPN did it.
Speaker 3: They are literally fraudulent liars.
Speaker 2: And let me ask you a question. For every on air talent who had the statue in his office, who had it on TV, how many of them have apologized? How many of them have gone on air and said, you know what, I went on TV with an Emmy behind me that I didn't win, and it was fake and it was fraudulent, and I'm sorry for lying to you. And by the way, if their claim is oh, we didn't know, how many of them have said I want to apologize. I didn't know, but my bosses did. Yeah, and my bosses put it up because they were lying to you. They claimed to be a journalistic outlet, but they are engaged in fraud and they're lying to you. As far as I can tell, there has been zero journalistic integrity nobody at ESPN.
Speaker 4: Time, and there's a cover up.
Speaker 1: That's the best part of the story is not only were they busted, but ESPN executives are saying this has to stay between you and I. I need your Emmy back, and don't talk about it. Don't tell anybody I need it back quickly. We don't want anybody in the public to find. Now, we were doing this for decades.
Speaker 2: By the way, I really want to know the names of the fake employees, like how good they were? Yeah, did they do John Doe? Did they do Mickey Mouse? Did they do who flung du Like? Like like what what kind of you know, peaking duck? Like what what kind of names did they go with? That would be great to know. I feel confident we will never know because ESPN and their parrot company will do everything they can to say nothing to see here.
Speaker 4: This is Disney, right, just just to throw that out there, right, doesn't I think that's right?
Speaker 1: So to be fair, maybe Mickey Mouse Mickey Mouse distressed.
Speaker 3: Maybe they gave the name plate to Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 2: So it was a two fer, you know, the Seven Dwarves all one Emmys, Sleepy got one.
Speaker 1: I like that, Well done, Well done to ESPN, good job try to cover it up.
Speaker 4: And I'm so glad they got roasted as before.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear the rest of this conversation on this topic, you can go back and dow the podcasts from earlier this week to hear the entire thing. I want to get back to the big story Number three of the week, you may have missed center. Lastly, I want to move to another story that has broken. It's one that is captain obvious. Yeah, we already knew this, and yet somehow we've finally gotten the admission of something we all knew from the very beginning. Biden's Department of Justice is admitting now that Hunter Biden's laptop is in fact real. Four years after Biden's Laptop from Hell was falsely labeled misinformation, the DOJ is admitting it's real. We also knew at the time they knew it was real, and the FBI knew it was real. And we also now know that those fifty plus leaders in the intelligence community, they knew that it was real when they lied to the American people to influence the election in the last presidential cycle.
Speaker 4: Your reaction to this.
Speaker 2: Look, this is a stunning admission. It means Joe Biden lied to the American people. Hunter Biden lied to the American people. Just About every single elected Democrat in America lied to the American people. Just about every single corporate media outlet that repeated the Democrat talking points lied to the American people. I want to read you what the Biden Department of Justice just filed the Federal court. This is from a brief and the heading is while investigating the defendant for tax violations, investigators obtained evidence showing his prior gun purchase was illegal because he was addicted to controlled substances. And here's the paragraph. In August twenty nineteen, IRS and FBI investigators obtained a search warrant for tax violation for defendant's Apple iCloud account. In response to that warrant, in September of twenty nineteen, Apple produced backups of data from various of the defendant's electronic devices that he had backed up to his iCloud account. Investigators also later came into possession of the defendant's Apple MacBook Pro, which he had left at a computer store. A search warrant was also obtained for his laptop, and the results of the search were largely duplicative of information investigators had already obtained for Apple. That means the Biden Department of Justice is admitting the Hunter laptop is real. It was his laptop, he left it the repair station. The information on it is accurate. They knew it was accurate. They knew it was accurate. In twenty nineteen, they knew it was accurate because they had the information from Hunter Biden's apple iCloud account and it was the same thing, so they knew it was real, and yet they did not make that public. And Joe Biden and Hunter Biden and just about every elected Democrat lied to the American people and said this is not real, this is not his laptop, this is Russian misinformation, this is planted by Vladimir Putin and the media. The corporate meeting was utterly complicit. They repeated it over and over and over again, and by the way, to the best of my knowledge, so we now have the Biden DOJ saying every word they said was a lie. I'm not aware of a single corporate media outlet that has apologized, that has retracted what they've said. The New York Times, to the best of my knowledge, has not, The Washington Post has not, ABCNBCCBS is not, MSNBC has not, CNN has not. They are perfectly happy to have lied to the American people, and by the way, lied to the American people in October of twenty twenty, right before the presidential election. They all lied to the American people. And now the Biden DOJ has admitted it was a lie, and doj knew it was a lie then, and they were perfectly happy with that lie being told to the American people.
Speaker 4: Well, and let's play the liar in chief.
Speaker 1: This is the then candidate Joe Biden at a president to debate, standing next to Donald Trump, and I'll start with this lie. And then you can hear him throughout that entire campaign cycle.
Speaker 5: Fifty former national intelligence folks who said that what this he's accusing me of is a Russian plant. They have said that this has all the four five former heads of the CIA, both parties say what he's saying is a bunch of garbage. This is classic Trump. We have four days left and all of a sudden, there's a laptop. There's overwhelming evidence that from the intelligence community that the Russians are engaged, and.
Speaker 4: They'll think that the story from the fall of Altri.
Speaker 5: Simebunder said, yes, yes, yes, I know you'd ask it.
Speaker 4: I have no response.
Speaker 5: An it's the lastest effort in this desperate campaign to smear me and my family. The vast majority of the intelligence people have come out and said there's no basis at.
Speaker 1: All, no basis at all, turns out he was lying the entire time. By the way, he knew it was the laptop of his son.
Speaker 4: He knew it wasn't.
Speaker 1: And hundred did too, and the DOJ knew it as well, and the FBI knew as well. At this point, center, how do you trust anything coming out of this FBI and this DOJ.
Speaker 4: If this is what they're doing in the process.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 2: They've demonstrated that they're willing to be partisans, They're willing to lie to the American people, and they don't feel they have any obligation to the truth. I mean, this does enormous damage to the Department of Justice, the FBI because they knew as a fact that what Biden was saying, that what was being said public was a total lie. And by the way, the fifty quote intelligence professional professionals. You know who organized that group?
Speaker 4: Who was that?
Speaker 3: Tony Blincoln and.
Speaker 1: Sectaryquaken's job was then he was working for the Biden campaign.
Speaker 2: He was working for the Biden campaign, and he got rewarded. I get to say, as a president about the biggest plum you have to offer is Secretary of State is the most prestigious cabinet position. And for the job of organizing all these intelligence officials to lie. Every one of these fifty. By the way, a reporter, if there's any honest reporter in America, they ought to ask every one of these fifty you lied to the American people weeks before a presidential election. Are you embarrassed? Or do you apologize to the American people? What did you do wrong to cause you to lie to the American people? Did you abuse their trust? Are you and shamed of your role?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I don't think there'll be a single reporter that asked them that, because the corporate media participated the lies as well. They're not embarrassed, they're not ashamed, and they're certainly not going to ask the liars who participated in What is you want to talk about election interference?
Speaker 3: This is blatant election interference.
Speaker 1: Not only that, but it brings up a new lie. It's one that Representive James Comer was talking about on Hannity. He had this to say about the new lie from Joe Biden and the Biden crime family, about the art that his son was selling.
Speaker 6: Take a listen. Let me ask you about the other two issues. The stories that John Solomon was reporting on one is the art dealer and the testimony that was given. Were we not told that they had an ethics agreement that Hunter would not know the people that purchased his art. Now we know that Joe Biden, the big guy himself, was speaking to the art dealer directly. That was testimony apparently that you received. And what do you have to say about the cocaine that the FBI knew about in twenty eighteen as it relates to his gun holster. We have only about a minute left.
Speaker 7: This is another major law that Joe Bidens told the American people. The White House said they had an agreement in place to provide maximum ethics. We really thought they probably had something in place. It probably wasn't worth the paper that it was written on. But we were shocked to learn from George Burgess in the Transcrib interview that he's never even heard from anyone from the White House. He didn't know anything about an ethics agreement. He had never even seen in the news where there was an ethics agreement. So you know, again, another live about Joe Biden, another live of.
Speaker 4: The White House.
Speaker 7: Nothing is painting out that Joe Biden said with respect to his family, shady business teams. We're gonna bring Hunter Biden in. We're going to get answers from from all of these people.
Speaker 1: They're going to get answers from all these people. These are just some of the questions they're going to get to ask in theory if he shows up, Hunter Biden, And I gotta imagine that if you're you know, any one of these Republican congressmen are women that may get to ask him questions, or James Comer, Jim Jordan, you've got to be chomping at the bit to get answers.
Speaker 2: Well, I got to say, we're really in an unusual moment of time. Listen, Politicians are not known for tremendous honesty. To put it mildly, but as a general matter, presidents of the United States do not routinely lie to the American people. And I'm not suggesting that because all of our presidents have been paragons of integrity. I think there have been presidents that would certainly have been willing to lie. But the reason presidents typically don't commit direct lies to the American people is they get caught, and when they get caught, it undermines their credibility and it hurts you. And most politicians, even if they're venal and self serving, they don't want to get caught to lie because it hurts their credibility. The Biden presidency has been unique in the history of our country with the willingness of Joe Biden and every person who works for him to lie on a daily basis, over and over and over again and not spin. Look, everyone spins. I don't fault a White House Democrat or a Republican for spinning, for trying to put a good twist on the facts, but straight out lies things that are demonstrably absolutely false. What you just played Joe Biden saying this laptop is Russian disinformation. He knew it was his son's laptop. His son knew it was his son's laptop. It was his son's laptop. It was a flat out lie. There's not that that's not a matter of perspective. That's just blatantly false. Why is it that Joe Biden, unique among presidents, lies on seemingly a daily basis to the American people? And the reason is because the American corporate media is broken. You want to know who's responsible for Biden's lying. Jake Tapper, and you and I have talked about in my last book that just came out a couple of months ago, Unwoke, How to Defeat Cultural Marxism in America. I have an entire chapter I talk about the leftist takeover in major institutions. I have an entire chapter on journalism, and I talk about how Jake Tapper used to be a journalist. He used to care about truth, and then Trump broke him and he is now a propaganda see is a shell of his former self. You know, Jake Tapper, you work for years for CNN. Jake Tapper knows that Biden is lying on a daily basis. And you know what Jake Tapper doesn't do, He doesn't call about. And the fact that Jake Tapper behaves like a cheerleader and pretorian guard for the White House, like a propagandist for the White House, like Pravda for the White House, it makes the White House more and more likely to lie because they know they will not get caught anywhere other than Fox News and right wing media, and they don't care what they say.
Speaker 1: As always, thank you for listening to Verdict with Center, Ted Cruz, Ben Ferguson with you don't forget to down with my podcast, and you can listen to my podcast every other day you're not listening to Verdict or each day when you listen to Verdict afterwards, I'd love to have you as a listener to again, Ben Ferguson Podcasts, and we will see you back here on Monday morning.