Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with on our radio.
Speaker 2: Welcome Almost Famous.
Speaker 3: We're here today breaking down every headline that we know of in Bachelor Nation. We've done some deep diving this week to find out what is exactly happening.
Speaker 2: Ashley's with us today.
Speaker 3: Obviously the big news right now, Ashley, as we're starting to see teasers, we got some cast members announced for this upcoming season of Paradise.
Speaker 2: It's going to be the tenth season. Ashley. Your thoughts after seeing the cast.
Speaker 4: It's kind of the thoughts that I have every year. The guys still have yes every year?
Speaker 2: Oh you always have this? Oh, yes you do. Yeah.
Speaker 4: It's the guys are going to have a great selection of ladies to pick from, and the.
Speaker 5: Girls guys that are on par with what you would see if you open the door of a new bar.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 3: I don't think anybody has ever done disagreed with you on that. Okay, I really don't.
Speaker 2: Uh, why do you think that is?
Speaker 3: I mean, let's let's talk about that for a second. I mean, coming off of each show, we felt that way about gen season, so I'm and I think most fans did so. I am shocked to see so many contestants from Gen season show up to Paradise. I felt like they would be kind of for lack of a better child, Yeah, exiled, Like, hey, yeah, you're you're not going We're not going to be highlighting you any longer. You're obviously not bringing in the viewership.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The person that won from your season obviously, like you know, didn't stand out. But yet we see so many of her contestants.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was weird. So all we have is the first first sand So these are the people that are going to be like in the beginning of episode one. It may not even be like all of episode one. So we have well we did a whole episode, but we didn't. But Trista Fielden for us. Very sweet, Thank you, Trista. Go back and listen to that episode. She went through them all but quickly. Alex, who we all liked from Grand season, Bailey also memorable from Grand season. Brian from Gen season. Don't remember him. I'm just gonna do, like off the top of my head, like do I remember them?
Speaker 5: Do I not remember them? Do I have to think hard? Dale?
Speaker 4: Of course, Dale is gonna be the most memorable of everyone because he was the one who left with Claire. He's only thirty six now. He was very young during Claire season. Hickem hilarious, great facial expressions from Gen season. Jeremy from gen Zeason, remember him too? He was fourth, he was he made it to hometowns. Just from Joey season. I do remember her. She has brown hair right now, so you may not remember her at first glance. Jonathan also quite memorable from jen season justin glaze. All of Justina from Katie's season also had such a public relationship with Susie. We we know, we can say we know that Susie is coming, but she's definitely gonna be one of those people that come on to the Sand a little bit later for drama effect. Of course, because they hold back a lot of people for drama effect, you don't get all the A listers in the first Sand group. Then we have Kat who got engaged to John Henry last season of Paradise. We do love Kat for a dramatic moment. Kyle from Katie season, don't remember him at all. Lexi gorgeous girl from Joey's season. She was the one who talked about her struggle to maybe not be able to have kids?
Speaker 5: Was it PCs?
Speaker 4: I forget what she has, but she has a bad and Jimmy Trio's as bad. I remember that Ricky from Jen season. I do remember his face, but I don't remember his storyline with him Sam. I remember he was kind of a where we weren't sure if he was a dick, but he sure had his dickish moment during Gen season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but kind of still a question if he was or not because it was really against Devin.
Speaker 5: Oh he was against holy crap.
Speaker 2: So we don't really know. Yeah, we don't really know. Now we'll wait for Paradise.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Spencer Gen season, Yes, I think he was like fifth or something. Remember his face. I know that a lot of girls asked for him to be there in Paradise. Zoe from Grand season, remember her? She was second runner up, which sounds like pageants speak, But you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: And that's it.
Speaker 4: So I guess there's really a few don't remember them, but there are definitely a few randoms and there's a few a lesteners. I would say that Jonathan Dale and Justin are probably your A list. Maybe Kat be sorry to qualify people by listeners, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I do know you mean, I I'm surprised to see the casting not bring out people more like justin Glade.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of them out there. I felt like they could have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loaded the beach up with some guys and girls from the past that people were more connected to. Especially I mean, I know you said that you don't get a lot of people on first beach.
Speaker 2: I think it was important.
Speaker 3: I think it's very important for Paradise to start out really hot right now with that first episode where people are engaged, intrigued and watching people they.
Speaker 2: Know, especially Ashley.
Speaker 3: And here's my twist as we kind of go on to the second part of this, I'm surprised they didn't bring out people from the past Bachelor and Bachelorette because it seems like Paradise, Jesse Palmer, Wells, Hannah Brown are all really kind of teasing this.
Speaker 2: Golden's being there.
Speaker 3: And I know you asked Hannah if there was going to be any flirtation between the Bachelor Bachelorettes and the Goldens. It felt like that would be more likely if they would have brought out people from the past who are maybe closer to forty Now.
Speaker 5: Oh, can you think of any more on the top of your head? I have one. Wow, the time my head came quick J. P. Rosenbaum. He would have been he would have been big.
Speaker 4: It would have been an older ish generation where people would be like excited to see him date Ashley post divorce, first Bachelor divorce and the divorce ends up on Paradise and in between the age of the Goldens and the young'ins see.
Speaker 3: And then there's the guy even Desire who left Desire you know during her season Brooks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love Brooks. I think Brooks my being in a relationship in that case.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm not keeping track of all these people, but there are some people you could think of that have maybe been on Paradise in the last few years that they could have brought back that would have been really fun to watch.
Speaker 2: But they didn't. So Ashley.
Speaker 3: The next headline is kind of is still teasing this idea that the Goldens and the Bachelor and Bachelorettes are going to be mingling. When you asked Hannah a little teaser into that episode you did with her about flirting between the two parties.
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 5: She did her big Hannah Brown smile.
Speaker 2: Where did you pick up on?
Speaker 5: To me? My interpretation was that there's flirting but no relationship.
Speaker 3: Okay, so yeah, Do you think the show actually wanted relationship.
Speaker 2: Or is this just for conversation's sake?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: I definitely think they wanted the conversation out there. I think there was a reason that last week there were headlines about Jesse wanting it to happen, and then there was some reaction from past cast that was like, sir, no, that would not be in good taste.
Speaker 3: Well, the big news this week and a massive congratulations to the two of them. They are sweet kind We've been around them multiple times during almost famous events. They're very, very genuine people. Zach Shallcross and Katie Bigger are now married. This is a Texas wedding. It was not a super like publicized event. There was not a lot of lead up to this. It came as a shock to many, but Ashley, they are now married and we cannot be happier.
Speaker 4: So happy love this And to everybody who said that Zach was a lame bachelor choice, well look it was meant to be.
Speaker 5: He found his wife through it.
Speaker 4: And I think that they're gonna I think we're going to see them together for a very long time. I think yes. I think so too. I love yes forever. We get married for forever, and we're really happy for them. They actually had only nine people present at their wedding. They did allude to us when they talked to us a few months ago that it would be kind of an elopement. They did a cute little like wedding chapel celebration. They did it in front of the nine people at like this gorgeous little chapel. You can see the whole nine minute video via Bachelor Happy Hours or Bachelor Nation on Instagram. Everything was exclusive to Bachelor, so they kind of Bachelor definitely was like, Okay, we're gonna make this tiny and private, but we're kinda kind of bring back the we got married on air thing because every you can see like everything as if this was a mini televised event for them.
Speaker 5: It's very cute.
Speaker 4: They had this idea that they were going to do a bigger wedding and they came across this venue that they really liked, but they didn't end up signing the contract, and instead they decided to do a photo shoot at that venue before the after the intimate little chapel ceremony that you'll see it is quite perfect, and it is perfectly them. It's very tasteful and intimate, and they've never been like big public people, and I think this was just very much their style.
Speaker 3: It feels like their style. It feels so healthy. Their relationship has been healthy since the beginning. I mean, we've talked to so many contestants who are still friends with Katie. Obviously they get together still on these girls' trips, and they all talk about, you know, how funny it is to be around Zach, but also how perfect Katie and Zach are together. We would attest that this this actually feels like it goes. I mean, we obviously talk about them not winning the spotlight at least Zach definitely kind of staying away from it and not really buying into the batchel role, which is fine. That says a lot about him as a person that he just didn't like love the attention, and it almost feels like, oh, maybe the recipe for making a lot of these relationships work where you go away from the spotlight, you don't focus on the attention, and you focus on your relationship, and then you know, we've seen that with a few now work out.
Speaker 4: Katie and Zach are kind of definitely went for the right reasons. People, they truly had no intention on like doing anything with fame after the fact, they.
Speaker 3: Didn't, And it's great and we got to celebrate that. It's something very respectful and something very much appreciated because I can't say that I went down that path myself, but I see how their relationship became the priority choice in their life and what that did for them as a couple, and so congratulations to them. Into non marriage news, Dancing with the Stars, Sasha Farber and Gentrans split after nearly a year of dating.
Speaker 5: A year is a little exaggerated.
Speaker 4: We know that she broke up with even what's his name, and le know what, honestly, I don't even care that I just say what's his name because he doesn't need to. No. That happened in October, So like if she and Sasha became a thing in November during Dancing with the Stars, it's been more about half a year.
Speaker 5: But thanks for the drama. Yeah, so they are going to remain very good friends. They never actually confirmed confirm their romance.
Speaker 4: They just teased a lot of chemistry and a lot of flirtation on their social media. It's probably the best that they never came out officially, put a lot less pressure on it. It was more fun and light hearted, and he was coming out of a marriage and she was coming out of a very public breakup.
Speaker 3: In two news, I was watching the Instagram stories today of people sharing their support with Vanessa Grimaldi. You'll remember her from Nick's season of The Bachelor. The headline is this Bachelor love. Vanessa Grimaldi shares she experienced a second miscarrier in a year. She's very emotional in her stories, as you would expect, and very thankful for the support she's been given.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're just so so sorry and so sad to Vanessa. She has had her, as Ben said, her second miscarriage this year, but the other one she was private about for three months, and she said that right now, being that she's like kind of doing a play by play of her feelings in lifetime on Instagram, so that she's had a whole different support system through all her following and so many women who have gone through this situation before. It's one in four pregnancies, not even one for women, one for pregnancies and in miscarriage, and it.
Speaker 2: Just feels like a stat we should look into a little.
Speaker 5: Bit, such a crazy stat. I wonder if it's always been like that.
Speaker 2: I don't think so so well.
Speaker 4: Now people are so public about it just feels like it's more often, you know, because it used to be such a quiet, silent thing, and you were supposed to expect to just deal with your grief. And I think that a lot of women are so grateful that right now it's being talked about. So she has Winston, who her two year old, and she's just like, I find so much comfort in him.
Speaker 5: I'm so grateful for him.
Speaker 4: Like I it makes me even more grateful for him. Basically, when going through this loss, said that her heart aches for the baby that she'll never get to meet, thinking about him as a newborn all the first like the sleepy snuggles, the little milestones, and she was imagining going through those moments again.
Speaker 5: And this is the second.
Speaker 4: Time she found out about a miscarriage through an ultrasound. She said that late adds an extra layer of grief when that's heavier and more complicated, harder to put into wards.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're thinking about Vanessa, and I think you said it best. It is.
Speaker 3: It feels very healthy that now somebody can speak about this publicly and feel less alone as they work through it. Next headline is Carlie Waddell reveals she's starting a new chapter with her family.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: So Carly moved into the house that she's currently in or just moving out of when she was going through the divorce with Evan. It's already like four years and for five yeah, for four and a half years, and now she's moving in with her fiance.
Speaker 5: They're so cute together. His name is Todd.
Speaker 4: You guys got to follow her on Instagram to see this. They are moving to Lebanon, Tennessee. Ben, how far out is that from Nashville.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I don't think very far.
Speaker 5: I've never heard of Lebanon.
Speaker 2: The geography enough, Yeah, I don't know the geography.
Speaker 4: Okay, So if they are all going to live together, she says she gets to live their three best friends now instead of two, and then there's could be two dogs and the cat. She's saying goodbye to the house that made her a super moom. We know where she's so low parented or Charlie learned to walk, and we spent lots of Christmases and Easters and Halloween where we played dress up, fought tornadoes and loved really hard. We're really happy for Carly, Like I love seeing her with Todd on Instagram because like you can just the happiness is just like just it's so bright, so shining, and it's been like that for quite some time now. It's not like when Carly has her like month of happiness in Bachelor Paradise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great. It's really exciting to see. Congratulations to her on this next new chapter. Well, that's been all the headlines we have for you today. We're gonna also continue to dive in to any Bachelor in Paradise news coming your way. We will not be spoiling you, but we will be revealing what has been then revealed publicly that maybe you just missed in your headlines. But until next time, I've been Ben.
Speaker 5: I've been Ashley. Bye, guys, love you.
Speaker 1: Follow the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts