Speaker 1: The Cowboys agree to terms with cornerback Deron Bland four years, ninety two million dollars with an extension of fifty million guaranteed and oh Joe, he got what twenty million at the time of signing. Bland average twenty three million makes him the six highest paid corn in the league.
Speaker 2: Blander, one time Pro bowler.
Speaker 1: The one time All Pro from his nine interception twenty three campaign, in which he delivered a record setting five pick sixes, is part of a prolific cornerback corner see a cornerback duo with Treyvon Diggs.
Speaker 2: He earned it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, add off, you got Nick last year, but his first year, I think he had five picks.
Speaker 2: He turned around and gave you fourteen. He got Nick. Hey, you believe he's your guy.
Speaker 1: You got a little extra money's stashed away since you didn't sign michaeh.
Speaker 2: Hey were good. They good? I like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he definitely earned that. Did I'm excited to see him back.
Speaker 4: I'm excited to see when Treyvon, when Treyvon dig comes back, you know so? Yeah, I think they defensively, I'm not sure what the cow It's gonna look like.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have some bright spots at certain positions.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say it like that, they're gonna have some bright spots at certain positions.
Speaker 1: There's no conspiracies or hear the genders with Shador Sanders placement on the Browns depth chart heading into the season. According to franchise legend Joe Thomas, Thomas said, the reality of the NFL draft is that you have thirty two teams that all want to beat each other, and so they're not conspiring together to sabotage somebody, by the way, would be great for the league, and he's great for the league because the league wants sydeballs, they want people watching their games, they want these great personalities, and so there's no reason. There's no reason they wouldn't be trying. They would be trying to conspire against him and sabotage him.
Speaker 2: Actually the opposite.
Speaker 1: They want to promote a guy like that because he's great for the league, and it doesn't make sense on any level. They just believing that were morons and not being able to see this guy is great thing since Slice Bread, the greatest quarterbacks since Don Brady, and he's ready right now to be able to elevate a franchise to the super Bowl all the time. We're idiots for not seeing it. I think it's a higher ceiling. I think he has a higher ceiling. He's a great playmaker. He has a tremendous accuracy, and he has that you know in the game how to make those big plays. But just because you have that ceiling that's really high and the potential to be able, that doesn't mean you can do it right now.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's real cute. That's real cute from Joe Thomas. Obviously a Brown's legend.
Speaker 2: Yes Brown.
Speaker 3: Anybody knows anything about that organization, the way they use things, it is him. He has a right to his own opinion.
Speaker 4: He has a right to his own opinion, and sometimes his opinion will different from others based on what they see and what they're seeing and how they're processing how they've handled your door. Outside of that, I mean, we've talked about it in depth, from from top to bottom. He made the team. I'm happy for him. He's a third string quarterback. I think at some point.
Speaker 3: He will play. Will it be this year?
Speaker 4: It depends on how bad things go with Joe Flacco and Dylan and Dylan Gabriel when they get.
Speaker 3: Their opportunities to play.
Speaker 4: But I think she will see the field when the opportunity presents itself. When that door opens, you need to walk through that door and close it behind you.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: That's that's it.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelsey different though, Joe.
Speaker 1: Give the people what they want in terms of Browns fans, starts your door.
Speaker 2: Give the people what they want.
Speaker 1: The world wants to see him go out there and not only play, but have success. At this point, guys are rooting for This isn't anything against Dylan.
Speaker 2: This isn't anything against Joe. I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying the excitement is there for your Door to go out there. He's going to put eyes on the screen. He's going to bring people to the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, Travis looking for Travis looking from a different.
Speaker 2: Perspective, travel looking at Travis from Cleveland.
Speaker 4: Yes, I mean obviously being from Cleveland, but he's also looking at the type of player and excitement that he's going to bring. You're gonna have people tuning in to watch Browns games.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have people coming.
Speaker 4: To Browns games to fill the stadium simply to see a quarterback.
Speaker 3: You know, it's different.
Speaker 4: Every team has that guy that you're going to see or you turn the TV want to see. Every team has one, maybe two. You know, so I understand where Travi is coming from. But that's not the way the business works itself. That's not it's not that's not the way it works.
Speaker 2: You're right, oh, Joe. I think.
Speaker 1: When you said, like, look, Joe Flacco clearly is going to start the season. The number two quarterback is Dylan Gabriel, and if you do it is to get his chance once he gets in there, Hey, take all the chairs away from the table. Can't nobody else sit at the table?
Speaker 2: Just me? It's just me?
Speaker 1: And I do think you know, people do root for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Look even even if if flack Old falters and they go to Gabriel, Gabriels was rookie also and he's gonna struggle, He's gonna make some mistakes. I think the thing is is that you know, we've seen Jane Daniels and we've seen c. J. Stroud, and we see some of these quarterbacks come in, they're like they make it think like everybody know, everybody's not gonna.
Speaker 3: Be able to play like no, no, no, no, no, those.
Speaker 2: Isolated and they had really they had really good.
Speaker 3: Players around them.
Speaker 1: Yes, they had really good players around him, had really good play callers.
Speaker 2: Uh and and and you know.
Speaker 1: That doesn't mean whoever is in there is going to have that level of success. People just think that. People just think that it's easy. Hey, I mean, I mean when I first got the lead, babe, you ain't that big. I probably could have played in the league. Oh you think that's all it takes?
Speaker 3: Sides size? Yeah, I hate that all the time. Man, you ain't that big? Okay mm hmm. You know I didn't.
Speaker 1: You know when I fill out now job application, didn't say I had to there was. It's not like the uh uh the amusement park. There's a heightened side requirement requirement.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh but look, what is meant to be it's gonna be. Yeah, it's really that simple. What is meant to be it's gonna be. If it's meantphishire door to play this season, he'll play this season. If it's not meant to be play this season, he won't play. All I'm saying is that he should approach every practice like.
Speaker 2: It's his Sunday's game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, you have a choice. It's the only way to approach it.
Speaker 1: That's the only way you're going to improve. Those are your reps. That's your Sunday, that's your game. Trust me, they're watching now. They're watching to see how how you how you getting those guys on the practice squad, How you're getting those guys to play. You know, hey you hey, come on, guys, Hey, come on, we got to make those plays. What type of look you're giving the defense? Study the quarterback that you're gonna be representing and give them that look. Yeah, if that guy is a pocket, If that guy is a pocket quarterback, stay in the pocket. If the guy moves, you're gonna have to be able to move. So you're gonna have to give them as realistic of a look that they're gonna see on Sunday. Oh yeah, And sometimes you have to get out of your get out of who you actually are. You know what I'm saying, o't Joe, because you know that might not be your style, but your style is not gonna be the style they're gonna see on Sunday. So it does them no good to see do what you do do it the course of the week and then the guy on Sunday gives them an entirely different look. But I just look to the best man win. You get out there and you do what you're supposed to do. And if flac Oh can hold him off, he can hold him off. If Gabriel gets in and he can hold him off, he holds him off. She doer gets in, he can hold him if he holds him off. But I don't want to be you know, Okay, Flaco didn't do well in five weeks. Okay, here come Gabriel. Gabriel doesn't do it for five weeks, and here comes you do it?
Speaker 2: She do it?
Speaker 3: Doesn't do well?
Speaker 2: Hoo come flaccoh.
Speaker 3: H marrig a round of quarterbacks?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, But I just don't know because it's not like Joe Flacco is gonna be your long term solution. Joe Flacco is not going to be there next year. I don't think anybody thinks that Joe Flacco is gonna be starting gonna be in Cleveland next season. M So for me, you might as well go one of the youngsters and keep it moving.
Speaker 3: That's what's going to happen at some point.
Speaker 4: I think if the bottom falls out at some point because once they once they make a change.
Speaker 3: They're not going back, nor should they. No, once they they could change.
Speaker 2: Nor should they. So.
Speaker 1: Look, everybody's rooting for Shador, they want him to play, and people can't understand. You know, look some things, uh, truth and fiction. The only difference between truth and fiction. Fiction has to make sense. And this doesn't make sense to a lot of people. A guy that threw the ball as well as he did, the amount of touchdowns that he threw for the low interception rate, what he was able to do at Jackson State, he's able to do at Colorado. Does he have some deficiency? Yes? He does he bail backwards too much? Yes?
Speaker 2: Does he barey too much and goes sideways? Yes? Does he holds on to the ball too long? Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes, Yes, He's not perfect by no stretch of their imagination. And those are things that he's going to have to correct in order to be the type of quarterback that he wants to become.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have to get better. He's gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe, I think the biggest thing he's gonna have to do is to say, f my completion percentage, because sometimes I think he hold onto the ball because he don't want to throw it in completion.
Speaker 2: Oh shoe, if you get.
Speaker 1: Sacked sixty five times, who the hell cares if you got a seventy percent completion rate, Because there are a couple of times that you took yourself out of field goal range on those sacks.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 1: If you take that many sacks, there are gonna be times that you're gonna take yourself out of field goal range that you potentially take points off the board. He is going to have to get better at that, and I'm sure the coaching staff is in his ear telling him, should do it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to get better than that. You can't take these sacks.
Speaker 1: You can't put us in thirty long, keep us in second and short, keep us in thirty short, not thirty long.
Speaker 2: Keep us a field goal range.
Speaker 1: You can't take a sack when the situation clocked like the not that we saw. No, the dame quarterback can't take a sack in that situation.
Speaker 2: On Joe.
Speaker 1: You got no time out. He was a way downfield. So think about how long it's gonna take. Think about how long that play developed, and not think about how long it's gonna take those guys to get back downfield.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got every You gotta speed up everything.
Speaker 1: You gotta speed up everything, and those guys are coming. This is not seven on seven. You don't wanna get back there to the path out Yo, m hm, back of your damn here.
Speaker 3: Every blue moon, you get one of them, every.
Speaker 1: Every blue moon. But it's not often, No, not often at all. So we'll see how it plans. I guess what we'll find out in the next five six weeks.
Speaker 4: So Joe, Yeah, absolutely, well, I know I can tell you what's gonna happen Week one. I can tell you that right now. The Brown's finna get their ass. Well, Brown, I'm telling you the Beanngal. The Bengals might score fifty five.
Speaker 1: What you said, I thought you said the Browns had a good defense with Denzel Ward, Miles Garrett.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they got a good defense. But the Bengals still might score fifty five. Because we've got Jamal Chase, we have Joe Burrow, we have T Higgins, we have Chase Brown, we have a we have a very very good offensive line off we have a great restructure offensive.
Speaker 2: Line, got an okay offensive line.
Speaker 4: Now we have no no, I'm you're gonna're gonna see, Okay, week one.
Speaker 1: How many sacks Miles Garrett gonna have against who the Brown?
Speaker 2: I mean against the Bengals this week?
Speaker 3: I give you one. I give you one. I give him one because he's top three in the league right now, I give you one.
Speaker 4: Outside of that, that's it. We ain't giving me no more than that. Anybody in the chat you want to bet, let me know. Anybody in the chat want to bet. Let me know.
Speaker 3: I bet you whatever. Make it light in yourself. When you're gonna pay me, pay who me? Oh? Oh, man, you know I got you. Comet you, my guy? You know I got you know.
Speaker 1: Cavin really heads in the year two with the Titans. He says he's in a much better headspace in his life after injury, uh and mental health journey, which can included gambling suspension, derailed his career. The suspension gave me time to rest, get physically better and mentally stronger. After that year, I was ready to come back. Football has been a job since I was a kid. That's all I've ever did. Man, I've never worked a job. I learned. I learned a lot of tools during that process. I still use those things today. When it gets hard, I don't let myself go too far down. I'll flush it out. The bad thoughts refresh my mind every time I go home.
Speaker 3: Like it.
Speaker 1: He admitted he made a mistake, he learned from his mistake, and he moved forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Most definitely, most definitely definitely. Listen, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I'm excited he could play like I said that last year, that his last year in Atlanta, have mercy.
Speaker 4: If the issues hadn't arisen with what happened. He's one of those we're covering those conversations. We talk about top five.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, he was that good. Yes he was not, is still is not? Was is that good?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 4: And you're gonna see it now. You got he got You got him a nice quarterback this year too. That's gonna get him the ball, all right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, no, no, no, no no, no, he's special. No no, no, he's special.
Speaker 3: Special, he can go. He won them ones. Hey uncle, then really now.
Speaker 1: Should be about twenty eight Yeah, he should have been about twenty eight thirty Okay, yeah, yeah, because I wouldn't be Calvin really Calvin really was before Mark Coop.
Speaker 2: No, he was out the coop. He was at the coop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't be surpried if Tennessee come see him too after this season.
Speaker 3: They just signed him. He is the second year of a deal, O Joe.
Speaker 2: He is. Yes, Remember that's how they got him from Jacksonville.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think that was enough money, though, I.
Speaker 2: Mean they whatd he get four for ninety two? Oh that's what it was?
Speaker 3: Twenty oh yeah, thirty okay, okay.
Speaker 1: They might how much he got up front? I think that didn't he sign a four year for ninety two? How much you get, Kevin? Really, they gave a big number, ojo. Yeah, okay, okay, they gave him a big number. But he can play. He's earned it. Yeah, he's earned it.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, four for ninety two.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, yeah, okay, Okay, he good, he good, he good good.
Speaker 1: The Giants have a demanding opening schedule, playing the Commander's Cowboy Chiefs and Chargers over the first four weeks of the season. The Athletic reports Russ must engineer wins against those contending to prevent head coach Brian dave Ball from benching him for rookie Jackson Dark Giants Brass has told everyone who will listen. Since the draft, Russell is their unquestioned starting quarterback and the plan is first round picks to develop behind the scenes. It sounds awful familiar to twenty nineteen. The plan was for Eli to start, Daniel Jones on the bench. Ben Jones took over after the er and two start, and the same thing with Eli. Remember when Eli came in. Kurt Warner was supposed to be the starter, and then what happened on Yoe?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, hey, hey, I don't, I don't. I don't think they should rush it. I hate when the media does this. I hope the ball is patient, allowing Jackson start to sit back and learn, you know, from Russell Wilson, instead of being thrown out there to the Wolves. Russell Wilson has enough talent around him. Offensively, they have some good pieces on defense. Well, I think they're gonna be fine. They're gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: Just throw on on the ball baby, that ship oo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got commanders, Cowboys, chiefs chargers.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, don't throw the Cowboys out there. Don't throw the Cowboys name out there like that like they're this uh.
Speaker 1: This game, so you know, they're the same divisions the divisional game. So you know divisional games can go either way.
Speaker 3: O Yo, You're right, You're right, But hey, I'm.
Speaker 1: And the Commanders is another division game game Red Jeeves Chargers very unfamiliar to AFC West opponents. I mean, I ain't no, I don't know if I've ever heard of this. You got two division opponents and then you got two FC West opponents. M hm, but I'm not. I think and you and I did over under. I said, I'm going under eight weeks for Jackson Dark. He played, he played too good, great in the preseason. And I've heard rumblings people say you should just about preseason, but I'm just saying about preseason. I know, but I'm saying. I've heard people say, hey, I would just roll with Jackson Dark.
Speaker 3: Oh from from jump from the jump, yep, if they were going to do that.
Speaker 4: If they were going to do that, they wouldn't have bought in Russell, they wouldn't have had James.
Speaker 3: I mean they, I mean, there's no way. There's no way because there would be no pointing even bringing them in if you just run them.
Speaker 1: If you don't know you're gonna be in, you didn't know you you signed all those guys before you got Jackson Dark. You didn't know you were gonna be in position to get him. M hmm, what if what if somebody snatches him up? What if somebody moves ahead of you and take him? So now, so I got oh Joey, It's kind of like you know, I you buy something and you're like, damn, if I knew I was gonna be able to get If I knew I was gonna be able to get that at a cheaper price, I wouldn't even bout this right right, So that I believe that's what happened. They didn't know they were going to be in position to get Jackson Dart, and now all of a sudden, we signed these guys in free agency, and guess what, Jackson Dart is there right man?
Speaker 2: We can get him. You I am man.
Speaker 1: If I could have got this new car for whatever, I wouldn't I wouldn't have got these two usuals. But it's it's uh, I remember, and I remember, Oh Joe, how sad Eli looked standing on the sideline.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you have to understand he.
Speaker 3: Looks in the game.
Speaker 2: He does.
Speaker 1: It's just just just the meaning. You can't tell what he is. Uh, well, they had already broken the street. Can remember Geno Smith when they binged it for that one game? Yeah, I say, man, that's some bullgey. How you gonna be break the man street for one game and then put him back in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they did that on purpose. Say, I'm not sure. I'm not sure why. I'm not sure why.
Speaker 1: So we'll see the over under is eight. Moe Lewis blames Drew Bretts Bledsoe for the hit that launched the Tom Brady era. Bledsoe had just signed one hundred million dollar deal to be what type of quarterback?
Speaker 2: A passing quarterback?
Speaker 1: Correct, he had not gotten outside the pocket and ran with the ball. If he had not gotten outside the pocket and ran with the ball, we would be talking about this.
Speaker 2: Who calls the event? The person with the ball?
Speaker 1: Now he's doing what he now, he's doing what he didn't sign up for. He signed up to be a passing quarterback. What do I do stop the people with the ball. It's just another play for me, but it's a different play for him. It's really irrelevant to me. I was just another play to me. To to y'all, it's a big game changing history changing play. I've never gone back to Washington play. If people want to talk about it, I don't hide from it. But it's no importance to me. Lewis had aboarded the spot licensed retiring former team may say he's feels slightly because I don't think so. Look, I know Mo, Mo and I used to work out together. You're a funny guy. But he's like, hold on, so what y'all want me to do? The guy got the ball, he's a passing quarterback. He's not that fast. And then bro get out of bounds. He was trying to get out of bounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He was headed out of bound. He didn't get out fast enough. But it was a good hit. It was a good hit, good clean, good clean, Hey, good clean hit.
Speaker 4: Drew Brees went down in the history. I mean, do you bless over and down? The rest was history?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: The rest was history.
Speaker 2: Yes, and go ahead.
Speaker 4: I think I think if he didn't go down, if if d you Blesso didn't get hurt, I think it's somebody. History still would have been what it was, histery still would have been with it was.
Speaker 2: At some point Tom's gonna come in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at some point.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think it might be a very difficult situation. Oh ho, you just gave a man one hundred million dollars and then you say, well, we're gonna start this guy that we took in the sixth round.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm. Hey, that's tough. That's tough.
Speaker 1: Now, everything that happened after they won the Super Bowl, Coach Belichick could do no wrong in mister Kraft's size.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, because seemed like every every button that he pushed.
Speaker 2: With Kachein, Kachin, Kachen Kachin.
Speaker 1: And when it's going like that, Look, I don't I don't know anybody that's ever been around mister Kraft. I've been around him a little bit. I like him, been around Coach Belichick a little less. I don't have a problem with Coach Belichick. But they're very different people. They're very, very very How many times did I say very, Okay, one more time? Very different people they are, O jo, Yeah. And when you got two different people, yes, sir, that's opposite of each other.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 1: Mister Crabb looked at it like, you know what, Yeah, we're different. I don't like the way he does certain things, why he's talks m h I got a good These Super Bowls keep piling up. We win the division every year, We're in the every AFC Championship game every other year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna keep my mom closed.
Speaker 1: Because based on what he had done, Coach Belichick should have got another three four years. If you even tell me this man gives you twenty years, and you win eighteen nineteen division titles, you go to seven, you go to nine Super Bowls, you win six, you go to ten eleven AFC Championship games, and you may tell me you only get two years, you only get two years. So I give you twenty years of prosperity and I only get two years.
Speaker 2: One year we make the playoffs the next year.
Speaker 1: How many years the coach Belichick coach after at Brady, I'll make sure I'm with it, two or three? He drafted mac Jonees, they go to the playoffs, the next year, they don't, and did they fire him after that?
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: Coach Belichick didn't draft Drake May he.
Speaker 2: Got two years.
Speaker 1: Tampa, Yes, he could four years Lot Brady, Wow.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, he sweezed out four.
Speaker 1: He got four went to the playoffs the first year, right, with Mac Jones.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, oh, Matt, Matt, Matt first year where he was nice Matt.
Speaker 4: My first year, Yeah, he looked very promising. And then I don't know what happened after that.
Speaker 2: Well, right, so he got four years after Brady.
Speaker 3: Left the second year.
Speaker 2: Okay, right right, right, right, right right, okay.
Speaker 1: And and I think that they look he had started to take those swings and miss it. Oh Joe, Yeah, because when you got Brady, you can swing and miss it and Brady come up there and hit it over the fence. Brady was the greatest e racers. So every mistake that you raided, Brady.
Speaker 3: Could have raced it every time and right in the correct dancer.
Speaker 1: Now, the mistakes that you make it drafting, drafting those tight ends and they're not on the team, signing guys in fregency and they don't cut it after the year.
Speaker 3: Mitra like whoa, whoa, wait a minute, it's this ain't what I'm used to.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, and no, Joe.
Speaker 1: You know, you get you get accustomed to a certain certain level of winning.
Speaker 2: Liesle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's hard. You want to maintain that absolutely, But.
Speaker 1: Like I said, I don't you know, mister Crafts is a very religious man, not to say that coach Belichick's not, But I just don't. I wouldn't necessarily put them together if I don't see them be best friends. It's just people, just common people, you know what I'm saying. And I'm not saying. I don't know if owners and coaches are best friends.
Speaker 3: But strictly business, strictly one thousand percent.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two people with the same end goal, the same end goal in mind. When it comes to business in football, we're trying to compete for the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, outside building, nothing alike.
Speaker 2: Nope, nope.
Speaker 1: And uh, I'm like, mo, man, what y'all want me to do? Y'all make it seem like I intended to like almost kill this man.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I just put a hit on him, just like I would to anybody else that's running the football. My job is is to hit people, tackle people, and go back to the huddle and do it over again. Yeah, but it birthed the dynasty unlike anything that we had ever seen.
Speaker 2: You probably got to go back to.
Speaker 1: The Yankees and the twenties or the fifties or the sixties to find any something like this. Over the period of time, in which it lasted. The sixties Celtics. You know, they were eight champions in that decade where they went eight in the row. They won more, but they won eight in a row. I mean, you got to go back to something like that. But in football, I don't think if I'm gonna see it in my lifetime. Now, I'm not gonna live another eighty years, probably not gonna live another fifty years, so I'm not gonna see it in my lifetime. Good luck, somebody just say in the teenage years seeing something like what we saw from two thousand until Tom Brady left in.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty, good luck, that's what I say. Good luck. I mean twenty nineteen, so good luck.
Speaker 4: Hey, right, and it made it it may and people think it's so easy. They think it's so easy because now we're seeing another great quarterback do it. Not to that extent, but he ain't too far off. So he's on three in the fifteen over there in Kansas City.
Speaker 2: No, it's not easy.
Speaker 1: Winning is hard in the NFL, and to win consistently is even harder. And to win consistently and then cappadov with championships is even it's much harder. Yeah, and I think sometimes you know, it's just like anything gonna Teo. You see somebody man, Man, that's these Stephs Curry make that look easy. That is it ain't easy. Man, that man throw the ball back. That ain't easy. M They just the greatness sometimes masked just how difficult something is.
Speaker 3: Gretsky made hockey look easy.
Speaker 1: You say, boat made running look easy, Michael Phelps made swimming look easy. Someone bowls made it look easy, Serena, It's not, it's that's just that they're so great. You take it for granted. Yeah, but when you play where you're a professional athlete, no matter the sport that you in, and you see somebody else, another professional athlete, do something and do it consistently at an extremely high level, you think you having a greater appreciation for it. O Joe, then say the.
Speaker 3: Normal fan, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I definitely think you have a great appreciation because you realize, you understand because you think about Joe. You think about what we put into what we do, and we were great in our own right. But when you see Jerry or you see Tom, or you see Mahomes, or you see Emmitt Smith, or you see a Jered Rice, or you see a Joe Montana or you see a Jordan or lad Bird of Magic and a Lebron and a Steph Curry, You're like spector man, damn, and you you look at it, Joe, You're like, I remember, like, damn, I mean I remember being a high school Like, Damn, I'm really talented. I mean I do stuff that just comes so easy. I mean it's easy for me to do this. And then you see these guys, You're like, what must they have been like in high school?
Speaker 2: What? What was Lebron like? What was what was time like? What was.
Speaker 1: I think Serena was homeschool? So I'm like, damn. You get a greater appreciation for greatness, Yeah, because you understand it's just and there's levels to greatness.
Speaker 2: There's levels of greatness.
Speaker 3: That it is. You know.
Speaker 4: I think the casual fan really wouldn't understand it. The casual fan. I think those that have played the game, played the sport can see it a little bit differently and understand what you're witnessing beforehand, seeing Brady play, seeing Pat mahomes, seeing stuff like that, and then the dynasties and that they're creating the situations on how great certain situations are, especially when they end that Brady and Belichick era. Yeah, Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid era, watching the greatest of Lebron. People not understanding, always having some negative to say, watching the greatest of Lebron for so long, now understanding how great what we're witnessing is.
Speaker 3: Until it's no longer there.
Speaker 4: It ain't don't hit you, it ain't hit you now, it ain't hitting nobody yet. You gotta wait till they're done. Then you'll see how great Steph Curry is. Right, they don't understand yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and there'll be other great players. But then you'll have a like.
Speaker 1: Man, Man, you remember when Man, You remember when Bron and KD. Man, you remember when Steph Curry and such and such, just like bird Magic, just like Jordan and this one Elijah wanted in Shock Right, twenty years from now, people that talk about KD and Lebron, Steph and Lebron, Yo Kitchen this when Luca in that one, it'd be just like that, just like we talk about those guys, and just like people used to talk about what I was coming up. They talked about Chamberlain and Russell, Oh, Joe Polish millionaire Ceo charrek i aint Gota missed his man name up, but this is what he said. He said, I understand that some people might not like it, but please, let's not make a global scandal out of a hat. It's just the hat. If you were faster, you would have had it. I remind you that in Sodiat, public figure is subject to legal liability.
Speaker 2: No, it's not you suit somebody.
Speaker 1: You if you were to suit somebody in the States, ain't nothing gonna happen. Because, bro, he snatched the haper. First of all, you took the kid's pen. He tried to hand the guy. He tried to hand the kid the hat. You snatched the hat, You got something signed, and then you gave the kid his kid it his finback. You didn't even let the kid get his tennis ball signed. You didn't let him get the hat. You took the pin, got something signed for yourself. After you took the hat.
Speaker 4: Wait, he took while he took the cat from the little kid though, uh.
Speaker 2: Because he said, if the kid was fast, he'd had it.
Speaker 3: A who signed it?
Speaker 2: What a tennis player?
Speaker 1: The tennis player took the hat off to give to the kid because it was his pin that he was signing with.
Speaker 3: Oh and the grown ass man. Yes, ah, man, come on, man, that's messed up.
Speaker 4: Matter of fact, he has a resources to be able to get him signed without without happen to do all that.
Speaker 3: Yes, come on that tightened up, man, tighten.
Speaker 2: Up from a kid.
Speaker 1: Now, Now it was the kid's pen, and the tennis player signed all that, and the kid didn't get anything signed. He didn't get anything signed, and he didn't get and he didn't get a keep sick. I would always if I use somebody's pin, I said, let me get that's your pin. How you gonna let everybody bar your pin? You signed five six, seven things? And the guy and the kids pining that you use, he don't even get anything signed. Yeah, man, who who pays this? Who pained this mind? And let me get that? Bro right, that's how you're supposed to do it. Y'all get Sometimes, grown people, y'all be doing too much. And you and you see this all the time. They be for a baseball, the kid about to have a ball. They tossed the ball and they reached their big grown ass over there. Yeah, come on, bro, from a kid, you gonna snatch a ball or a towel or wristband, whatever case, whatever the case may be, Ojoe, come on, is that what we are in society every time?
Speaker 3: Every Yeah, he polished. Don't put that on us.
Speaker 1: He's a part of society, Ojo. Not ours America where you think we see that most of the time. If I didn't tell you, you wouldn't know that. You would have known these polish. We just happy to say that that's what we see in society. We're a part of society. And just when I think society we're better than this as a society, I come to the realization, no, we're not. This is who we are as a society. This is what we've become as a society. We become we become selfish, we become greedy. Now let me take that back on, Yoe. We become more. We've always been this, Yes, we've always been this, We've become more.
Speaker 2: But I couldn't believe. And then he had the nerve to tweet, to tweet this.
Speaker 3: Are you on Twitter?
Speaker 4: Too?
Speaker 1: He said, I understand some people might not like it, but please, let's not make a global scandal out of a hat.
Speaker 3: It's just a hat. If it's just a hat. What hed you do all that to get it? H I think I think Chad a Chad.
Speaker 4: We need to tweet him to him give us that goddamn back to the little kid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he's a ceo. He ain't just some willing nil person that works at a company with yo. He's the CEO of a company. Right, and he's like, if you were faster, you would have had it. Really so because the kid doesn't have the reflexes as an adult.
Speaker 3: Wow, Hey and and p First of all, hey, what's his twitter? Man?
Speaker 2: I don't know what to do this.
Speaker 3: Let's go pee his business a visit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people have been writing negative views about the business. Uh what is it? Sure Zac, sure's a wreck?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Pure two. What kind of place is it? When they say it? What services do they provide so we could we can leave a leave your.
Speaker 2: Kind of company? Oh? Is it like it's like a paving company, oh, Joe, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna, we're gonna get them out of business.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hopefully they don't need to pave anything or they use another company. Yeah, I know he is any of insulting a public figure maybe in Poland, but you ain't your with no justice.
Speaker 2: You bring your ass over here.
Speaker 3: Because hey he no, hey don't. They don't play one thing about it.
Speaker 2: Boy.
Speaker 3: People don't play when people come together. Yeah, but they want to get you out of there. But you won't have no business left.
Speaker 1: But you can be a jerk in any in any in any language, in any nationality Polish, American, UH, African, Italian, German, whatever, mm hmm.
Speaker 2: So we keep it a bill, We keep it a bug here.
Speaker 1: The billionaire own of the Buffalo Bills has sparked intense backlash of a video of his one hundred million dollar mega yacht circulated online O yoe as taxpayers have paid in there played nearly a billion dollars towards the team new stadium. Terry Pagoula's mega yacht, dub Top five to two, is over two hundred feet in the length, featuring luxury cabins that can accommodate up to twelve guests. The vessel is available to charter for five hundred and fifty thousand per week. The backlash came when the Bills franchise received what it called one of the largest public subsidies in NFL history. Why would you why would you, Ojo? He's not the first. And I don't know mister Begoule. I don't know him. I've never met it.
Speaker 3: I do I know him well.
Speaker 2: I know his daughter.
Speaker 1: He advanced today in tennis in straight sets. Why would you do that? When you take a billion dollars of public money, then you turn around and you buy one hundred million dollars the yacht, when you probably worked for five billion dollars, Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: I have a question too. Yes, I think the timing of when he chose to do it. Yes, without the public funding, he still coulda got that yacht.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, And that's the thing.
Speaker 3: You got that yacht. I think it's just the timing of doing so. Or maybe you got to think, how long does it take to Billiocht? Is this something new? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, it takes a minute the billi yacht exactly? Is this something new? Is this something that is probably a couple of years?
Speaker 3: Yeah? So, I mean, I mean you never know, but that's a.
Speaker 2: New thing, Ojo.
Speaker 1: If you go back and look look at these owners, Jerry Jones has one, Arthur Blank has one before he left, Snyder has one that seemed to be a new thing because there was a.
Speaker 3: Tax going on, a tax cut, a.
Speaker 1: Tax break if you got a yacht, if you got a private jet. So you know, so you see what I'm getting at you and that you and I don't know what that's like because I don't want I.
Speaker 4: Know what it's like because I used to have a private jet before. I used to have a mega yacht for but I had to get I had to get it.
Speaker 1: Say it takes four years to build a yachll old Joe super Yo. Now now this is a two hundred footter so that I mean a lot of them. People got three hundred four hundred. I mean I just saw some Russian billionaire he got one. That's that's a football, that's length of a football field.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine how big?
Speaker 1: I can't even think. My mind won't even wrap around there. But look, I might have I might, I would might would buy shares in a in a a in a PJ private jet.
Speaker 2: I don't want know yacht.
Speaker 3: I don't want know, y'all. M you don't know yacht?
Speaker 1: No, hell nah, I don't like the water like that. I don't even take no bath a.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey listen, man, I have my he kicked up man on my yacht man with my cigar man relaxing, Frankie Beverly and maids playing in the background talking to get your off that goddamn bout. No, Yeah, come sit back here.
Speaker 1: A jet, private jet, oh Joe, Yeah, I won't share it in a private jet. I only but a couple of hundred hours a year, A couple of hundred hours.
Speaker 2: A year get me everywhere I need to go.
Speaker 3: I ain't going nowhere like that. So you you like to fly, you like to travel.
Speaker 1: That's all you do. Let me ask you a question. How do you get from point A to point B?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I don't know if you noticed.
Speaker 1: But your company file bankruptcy again, the one that you fly all the time, that you be talking about the so our spirit a line. I ain't called them name, but you we don't call names here.
Speaker 3: One thing we're not gonna do is we're not gonna talk about.
Speaker 4: Spirital lined is talk about it when it comes to chapter eleven bankruptcy. Let's understand what chapter eleven means. We gonna be all right, and we ain't going nowhere. And I'm not singing the song either, but we're gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: We gonna te it's so yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, like you said, oh, yoe, uh, it's just the optics of it.
Speaker 3: I mean it's like you that's how I feel.
Speaker 1: Chat here out here buying all this new ishue and he don't be fitting our one hundred.
Speaker 3: What what if I bought new? I haven't brought anything.
Speaker 1: New, new place, all white. Look at them tv eyepaths.
Speaker 4: On the wall. Hey, why do you keep.
Speaker 3: I know, I know chat they might Hey it look it looked really small, right Look at you know what's far away? That's actually sixty yards.
Speaker 1: I don't know about no sixty yards, but I know that's what you call him. Look you see, yeah, I see you. Let me tell you what I can't see. Fifty nine hundred.
Speaker 4: Hey, now that's that's like that's like it's like almost a football field here in the living room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, A what all right, don't yoe.
Speaker 1: We're gonna end on this when it's time for our final segment of the evening. It's time for Q and A. I almost said, you got a cyber truck? Did you get a cyber truck?
Speaker 3: Uh? Huh, didn't you get a cyber truck? Me? Yeah, it's out there.
Speaker 2: I ain't.
Speaker 3: I ain't buy that.
Speaker 4: My my, my little ye, my baby brought that for me.
Speaker 5: I know she's watching Haber Woo, new baby, old baby. Now, come on, man, come on, man, hey, get my money. I got you, I got you, I got you.
Speaker 2: Long a this.
Speaker 3: Remember as long as I owe you.
Speaker 2: You told that before. You ain't gave me my money yet.
Speaker 3: I know because the pool, the pool almost finished. Soon as they finished the pool money, I want to get a pool too. You can't even swim. I can't swim there. You're too old to get in the water. You got bad hips.
Speaker 2: That's why, that's why I would have getten Jacouze.
Speaker 1: I would have geto jacuze where it's not the warm. Aaron O said. Who has the best uniforms in the NFL and who has the worst uniforms in the NFL. The worst is a team up in with Jordan's hometown.
Speaker 4: Who sinnat like we are color Rush those color Russia, all white jersey with the white helmet.
Speaker 3: That's the best.
Speaker 2: That is't y'all utiful? That ain't y'all standing in the uniform?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Stand there?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: I like the I like the uh you know, I like I like the Chargers those powder blue.
Speaker 3: Okay, that powder of blue. Nice, boy, I can I can agree with you on that. That powder blue is nice.
Speaker 1: And you know who you have to remember the Houston Orleans old powder blue to love your blue uniforms.
Speaker 5: Yeah, with the with the with the yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I like the Broncos, bron you know what I used to I like the Broncos the o GZ.
Speaker 2: The blue and orange with.
Speaker 3: The horse on the side.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nah.
Speaker 2: This was this one. It had this logo on the side, but it was a different orange.
Speaker 5: It had that logo on the side, but it was it was a lot of yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: A different color blue.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Get know what?
Speaker 3: Oh Joe, who are your top four Hurricane players?
Speaker 4: Oh, Sean Telling number one, ray Lewis ed Reed, Oh my goodness. I mean I can go Andre Johnson, I can go Santana Moss, Roscoe, Parish, Ontrare Road.
Speaker 3: It's oh, it's so many. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with my dogs though, so so No, No, no, Michael Irvin, no samp no Cortel Cannon, no Jay Buogiet, Jerome Brown, none of them.
Speaker 4: Hunt you know what, matter of fact, you don't even do. I'm gonna go and receive us Santana, Andre Johnson. I'm going with dog Roscoe Parish. You mean another you mean another receiver.
Speaker 3: I'm tripping.
Speaker 1: You got h Devin Hester. What's the guy he played? He played the indie.
Speaker 4: Reggie Wayne. I'm tripping Reggie Wayne. Yep, that's my matter of fact. That's my five right there. I mean, listen, you can go when it comes to us. You can go down every position and it's nothing but dogs. You can't even go wrong. But I'm with all receivers.
Speaker 1: Uh hell uh, Jeremiah Love only got fourteen touches?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 2: Why jereedm My Love? Who he played for?
Speaker 1: You must be talking that he talking about for the Cans or something, because I'm missing something.
Speaker 2: You know, the Dame? How many touches you wanted him to have?
Speaker 3: Hey, that little receiver for Notre Dame faise On.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know he started he deceased started off the game out the gate they were where they were featuring that boy.
Speaker 3: You were nice.
Speaker 2: Ten for thirty three, four for twenty six.
Speaker 1: I mean it's kind of hard to get the running game going when you're behind. Yeah, and they really couldn't run the ball. They had twenty eight rushes for ninety three yards. I mean, I'm uh, that's not good. So I don't really know what you uh, what you expect them to do? Og underscore thanos? What's UPO? Can Carton back be a high draft pick with a good season this year?
Speaker 2: Anything's possible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, matter of fact, he can be a good high draft pick if you beat the teams that you're supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Yep, no, beat the teams you're not supposed to be.
Speaker 2: How bad they're gonna be favorite against?
Speaker 1: They're gonna be favorite a lot of games, I think, don't they might not be favored against Florida State. It'll be closer, it might be a pick them, or they might be favored by one or two. Uh right, but you're right up, they're gonna be favorite down there in every game because a lot and and a lot of their toughest games are at home, So then you know they're gonna really be favorites. So but I think he can. Chris Balla said, who y'all got tomorrow? TCU A U n C can't wait to see what coach Belichick has planned.
Speaker 3: Bo with Bill all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I look, we saw how Matt Patricia had arch manning head spinning.
Speaker 3: Boy. Matt Maddie had them boys playing.
Speaker 2: He did.
Speaker 1: And and I always think, I think, like when when when pro coaches, former coaches come, they have a decided advantage because they can get They're gonna they're gonna show some little college these kids ain't never seen before.
Speaker 4: And it's it's much easier to us. Yes, you have the personnel to be able to execute those looks, because you ain't.
Speaker 3: You ain't got the right players, you ain't be able to pull it off.
Speaker 1: And the thing is, ojo is that how do I go back and study film. I got to go back and look at film with Mike Patricia call defenses. I gotta go back that's in the NFL. I got to look at when coach Belichick called defense. That's in the NFL. I ain't got no college tape on him, right, So they do have an advantage. Wazou said, My mom went back to school to get her teaching degree in her fifties.
Speaker 2: Never too old. Wazoo, You're absolutely correct.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: So when y'all see me at Famu Famu, you next year at the end of football season lot February March someven around there. Y'all find me in Tallahassee and be doing the show from there.
Speaker 1: J One's Jay One's Cal said, Jiron sagapol Telly is a lefty cal quarterback from Hawaii that everyone has been talking about. He beat out Ohio State transfer Devin Brown as a true freshman and has drawn comparison to Twy and Party.
Speaker 2: Okay, we have to take a look at him.
Speaker 1: Bro, Tommy g know, the Dame Cathedral is a ten out of ten experience. Take your word for it. I've never seen it before on television. I've never seen any person.
Speaker 3: Pat Dubb said, Week four Packers versus.
Speaker 1: The Cowboys, Vingos versus the Broncos nightcap gonna be rocking. Y'all wear each other's jersey. If y'all team lose, hope your them losing.
Speaker 3: I guarantee you. We don't y'all losing. I guarantee we don't.
Speaker 4: And I know one thing, Jamar Chase, I hope Past, I hope Past. I hope Pa that I hope you follow them all over the place because we done haved our conversation on how to slice and diceing.
Speaker 3: Now so we good? Uh?
Speaker 1: Resie Rock says, Cincinnati and Denver Week one.
Speaker 2: Who's losing? Not the Broncos, but.
Speaker 3: Not us either?
Speaker 2: Well, anybody losing it? Okay?
Speaker 4: And and I've told you we putting up fifty five points.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Troy Hughes said that trading Michael Parsons to Green Bay just killed the Cowboys Super Bowl hopes? Or can Dallas still piece it together? I didn't say you were to it.
Speaker 3: What did we talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, I didn't. I didn't see that with Michael. So Elijah says, just saw a little way and great show.
Speaker 2: Who would you like to see live?
Speaker 1: I say, Ample talking about how valuable his time is in a song called Myself Check it out, send it to as O, Joe and Nash.
Speaker 2: Who would I like to see in concerts?
Speaker 3: He's paid his passing going on?
Speaker 2: But who you are?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Who would you want to see a concert? Prince Michael?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 3: Old blue eyes?
Speaker 2: Old Frank Sinatra? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, oh yeah, old Frank.
Speaker 4: I'm I'm the type. Frankuld probably put me on stage to come sing with him. Can you imagine me and Frank Sinatra singing a duet?
Speaker 2: No I can't imagine that. I couldn't imagine that.
Speaker 3: Come fly with me, man, I.
Speaker 2: Uh yes.
Speaker 1: Can y'all give a shout out to Deran Griham for his birthday today? Oh Jo, you inspired him a lot when he played college football. Thank you, Doran. Happy birthday. Hopefully you had a great day. Hopefully you did something, got a great got some gifts, got an opportunity spending with family, friends and loved ones. Because that's what we do on our birthday. We celebrate with those that we love and care deeply for and that care about us. So Happy birthday, Shannon Bartholomew Sharp, Why y'all want me to be a Bartholomew?
Speaker 3: Do I look like a Bartholomew? You look like a Bartholomew? Though it makes sense. I like that you should change your name. You should add that to your name, and the course, I like that.
Speaker 2: Ask about you like an earl? Me?
Speaker 3: No me, earl? I can see earl, earl, the pearl, ear la pearl? Sharp?
Speaker 2: How much you gonna go with shape? Shannon Shae Sharp? Yet that works?
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 5: I like that?
Speaker 3: Little short, little short Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you guys for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. We greatly appreciate that as you watch the number ten Miami Hurricanes take down the number six Fighting Hours who know the name by the score of twenty seven twenty four Carson Beck was twenty of thirty one, two hundred and five yards, two touchdowns, No I nts as they win twenty seven twenty four. Thank you guys for watching another episode of Nightcap. Y'all know me. I'm your favorite. Shannon Sharp, my partner and co host. He's Liberty City's own Well He's matting and rating adjuster, Bengals Ring of Fame, Honoree Pro Bowler All Pro. He's Chad o Jo Senko Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. Thank you guys for your support, and you'll continue support. We greatly greatly appreciate it. Make sure you head over to check out Shavee by Laportier. If you can't find it any city or state near you, order it online. We'll ship it directly to your door. Please drink responsibly. My Kanyak got a Commemity bottle. Celebrating my brother and I induction him into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. We are the first two brothers in the Pro Football Hall of Fame, and I thought it'd be really cool if I did something to commemorate that special special occasion. Just head over to La Portier Kanyak dot dot com to grab yours. Please go follow my media company page on all of its platform Shay Shaped Media and my clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out. We got a new show launching under the Shay Shaped Media Unbred. Hello Devo and Joe James Harrison and Joe Hayden. Please go subscribe to their YouTube page, Show them Some Love, Devo and Joe. They'll be live Monday, Tuesday, and Friday mornings at eleven am Eastern. Tomorrow is their very very first episode, Show them Some Love. Check them out. You won't be disappointed. Those guys got great chemistry again. Miami beats No to Dame by the score of twenty seven twenty four. The number ten team wins at home, took down the fighting Irish of Know Today.
Speaker 2: I'm unk, He's Oh Joe.
Speaker 1: We're back tomorrow after unc TCU. Thanks for joining us. Huh No, frogs, frogs upside down.
Speaker 2: I'm fuck He's O. Joe out