Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: I'm Tim Statoveeck along with Carol Masser. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. We're joined by manaiting editor for Bloomberg Markets Live Blog, Christina Kino Hey, Christine Heyo.
Speaker 1: Well, we guys start with broadcome of course, as we are those results after hours. I mean, it looks like a great set of results. A lot of focus on that second quarter AI revenue outlook ten point seven billion dollars, well above consensus estimates, and we're also granting shareholders a ten billion dollar buy back, So a lot of good things going on there in terms of share reaction. Of course, ticker avy go those shares just up about half a percent after market, so perhaps it'll take the market some time to digest some of those results.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, as Koon John told us, it's like the bigger the bet, the where the stock does. I mean we saw that with Nvidia last week. Yeah, and it's just an environment where even if you have a huge beat like one by historical standards for Nvidia was like, you know, history making stock still false?
Speaker 4: Well did a bass reporting that actually initially the sales forecast for the current period disappointed investors.
Speaker 5: I mean it was twenty two billion.
Speaker 4: Twenty point five billion, but there was some projection saying twenty two billion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it was twenty two billion, Okay, But I think a.
Speaker 1: Lot of these companies are just victims of that's really high expectations.
Speaker 5: Right, stupid numbers, stupid numbers. I don't know. All I could say is it was down a little bit in the aftermarket. Are you glad we're not managing your money?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say that, all right, let's go to coinbas because crypto certainly was a trade today to the.
Speaker 1: Upside, absolutely, Carol. So finally a bit of recovery in risk asset and crypto in particular in coinbaz benefiting directly from that. So took her see oh I And that finished the day up four and a half percent on one point. It was of more than fifteen percent a day, and primarily because of that bitcoin rally. We did also get political reporting some news Yes that apparently Ceo Brien or Armstrong meant with President Trump, and that meeting especially came before President Trump pushed for the passage of the Crypto Market.
Speaker 4: Structure Bill, pretty critical right out on truth about banks, the traditional banking establishment, and also holding back.
Speaker 3: He's also suing a bank right now.
Speaker 5: He's doing a lot of things.
Speaker 3: He's doing a lot of things as far as I know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Anyway, crypto man investors were kind of all in.
Speaker 5: You saw a lot of names I.
Speaker 4: Had a coinbase was up, strategy was up, Circle was up.
Speaker 3: Right, there were a lot of the crypto adjacent stocks and crypto related stocks. Crypto adjacent bit coins up seven percent in a day.
Speaker 5: It's like, are you adjacent to me right now? You know it's for now?
Speaker 4: Help because for now, for three more minutes that everybody that hurts me.
Speaker 5: No, I'm just kidding. Let's go to so coinbasse. I think it was the number two gainer in.
Speaker 1: The exactly one of the top leader's day.
Speaker 5: Can we go to the number one gainer? Who is the word'm getting gainer? It's well, I'm talking.
Speaker 1: We'll talk about Moderna that's one of the top gainers as well. Day.
Speaker 5: Is it actually the number wait? I might have messed up, Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, Maderna.
Speaker 5: Hey are you here?
Speaker 4: Oh hey, Tim, all right, go to Maderna, because Maderna again and outperformance today, So take her m r NA.
Speaker 1: Those shares ended higher by nearly sixteen percent.
Speaker 5: And so the.
Speaker 1: News today is that, of course it is paying a great pay nine hundred and fifty million dollars to settle litigation related to the delivery technology behind it's COVID shot. And some animals are saying that that figure is actually less than feared initially, and so now this just lifts that litigation overhand that Maderna has been fighting for a while because of the suit, and according to Bloomery Intelligence ables Sam Fazzelli, that settlement leaves a cash runway in place through at least twenty twenty nine. So all things considered a bit of a positive result from Moderna, and we're seeing that in your share today.
Speaker 5: Hmm.
Speaker 3: So Carol reminded us that Moderna has fallen quite a bit from those twenty twenty one highs. It's down eighty seven percent still from that high of four hundred and forty nine dollars.
Speaker 5: We say, how much it was up this year? Did you say?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: She didn't, But you can say it because you've said it today already.
Speaker 5: I haven't memorized I.
Speaker 4: Listened to you.
Speaker 5: No, you're not. Is it one hundred percent? Just a shot ninety six percent to be exact.
Speaker 3: Wow, But it was you know what I listened to you.
Speaker 5: I know you do so much more I do listen to you. But it's like kind of like, what.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm saying I learned from.
Speaker 4: You, Carol. Twenty percent though of a float is short, so investors are still there's a fair amount of negative sentiment. We can tell it's Wednesday, right after a crazy Monday, Tuesday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, exactly. I don't know what day it is anyway, Good stuff, Christine, Thank you so much. Christina Kino joining us. She, of course, is managing editor for the Bloomberg Markets Live blog.
Speaker 4: Be sure to check it out on the Bloomberg and check out our Stockmovers podcast or five minute episodes. They come out constantly throughout the day, NonStop.
Speaker 5: Biggest winners and losers in the stock market.
Speaker 4: Find it on Apple, Spotify, or anywhere you get your podcasts.
Speaker 2: The Stockmover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup. Of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live. Catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business App.