Speaker 1: So I just asked chet GPT to develop a conspiracy theory about AI, and it came up with the Sentient synthesis agenda. This theory suggests that a secret group of powerful elites, including tech billionaires, government officials, and shadowy organizations, have conspired to harness the capabilities of AI to create a sentient super intelligence.
Speaker 2: It's always the powerful elites, and the.
Speaker 3: Problem is, yeah, how do.
Speaker 2: We get into that? Adam, you're you should be able to help us figure that out.
Speaker 1: How do we get into the powerful elites? I'm not even in on the Jewish conspiracy.
Speaker 2: I'm John Ceipher and I'm Jurie o'she. I served in the CIA's Clandestine Service for twenty eight years, living undercover all around the world.
Speaker 3: And in my thirty three years with the CIA, I served in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Although we don't usually look at it this way, we created conspiracies.
Speaker 4: In our operations.
Speaker 5: You got people to believe things that weren't true.
Speaker 2: Now we're investigating the conspiracy theories we see in the news almost every day.
Speaker 3: Will break them down for you to determine whether they could be real or whether we're being manipulated.
Speaker 2: Well to mission or implausible.
Speaker 3: So apologies to anybody out there under the age of forty.
Speaker 4: But there was this great movie when I was.
Speaker 3: Growing up called Fantastic Voyage, and reckel Welch and a couple of her co stars were miniaturized down to this micro level and inserted into this guy's body to unblock his heart so he wouldn't have a heart attack. As multi billionaire sort of this Bill Gates figure. And when I first heard the QAnon conspiracy theories, I couldn't help think of rock hel Welch, you know that sex symbol of our youth.
Speaker 2: I think what you meant to say, is anyone at are sixty? I think under forty? I still don't almost what is the CIA angle to this?
Speaker 3: So on the miniaturization side, there is something called steganography, which I think most people have forgotten about. But it's it's not where you insert anything into a body, but it's where you take print and make it so exceptionally small that you can introduce it into a photograph. You can put it on a two hundred page book. You could find page thirty seven and put it on the fourth line, on the dot of an eye. Of a printed letter, and steganiography is something I think that goes back into the nineteen forties and fifties. So miniaturization and SPONA certainly is a deal.
Speaker 2: When I came in, they call those micro dot that's right, micro dots. Yeah, So you're the guy would pull a book out of the library and on page two hundred and fifteen, the third line down on the middle eye had a dot, and you'd pull it off and you'd have a little microscope or whatever it is. You'd look at and read the message. And it's funny because you know, in our later years we never did anything like that. But you know, if it was used again today, no one would be looking for it like they ought to think about reapplying some of these old tricks of the trade.
Speaker 4: I think so too.
Speaker 3: So Bill Gates has used the vaccination rollout to mass implant Americans with microchips to track their locations. So let me tell you a little background on this. The conspiracy theory stems from a study conducted in late twenty nineteen that focused on storing medical information below the surface of the skin in a quantum dot tattoo system, which, of course you're familiar with John. So this would then potentially be used for refugees or people who don't have access to medical records, right, so the medical records would be in this quantum tattoo dot that is not visible. And the study was founded in part by the Gates Foundation. Conspiracy theorists have latched on to this genuine piece of information and run with it with theories is this is actually about population control, COVID and microchipping people for control reasons. So let me give you a couple of quick pointers. The sort of anchor points on this. So the Gates Foundation has pledged one point seventy five billion with a B towards international pandemics and specifically hundreds of millions to help end the COVID pandemic. Now, Bill Gates has predicted for years that there would be a pandemic of some sort, So either he knew about it in advance because he was planning it, or he made a prediction.
Speaker 4: Based on how the world works.
Speaker 3: When Roger Stone, conspiracy theorist Roger Stone went on the Joe piscopo Am talk show and said, well, whether Bill Gates played some of the role in the creation and spread of this virus is open for a vigorous debate. He also said that Gates and other globalists are definitely using this as a drive for mandatory vaccinations and mandatory microchipping. So three questions for you, John, is it possible technically meeting with devices and stuff to actually do this? And if so, second question is why would anybody want to do it? And then the third is why something like a disease or a virus, something that people don't understand or are fearful of for themselves and their children always the focus of evil and conspiracy theories? What is it in people that makes us gravitate towards those theories?
Speaker 2: I do think COVID has an impact on it, right, So any kind of social disorder, pandemic or whatever does sort of increase the attention to conspiracies.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So there's this sense of alienation and people don't know what's going on and isolation, and people think that there's a system of power that they're not involved in, and so it just adds to that general fear. So it's not surprising that COVID would be a time where these things get spun up. But then there's a number of things here, like your good question is why. So there's an assumption that Gates would want to track people, but it's not clear to me why you would even want to track people. I think goes back to people refuse to believe that life is random, and they have to believe that somebody is behind things. Right, If there's something that's impacting them, they need to have an answer to what it is. Tracking people is not a crazy thing, but it goes to intent, like why would build gates?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's run with tracking people something I think you know it had been the victim of So you've worked in Moscow, and if the Russians were able to develop some sort of way of putting a microchip in you so they could follow you, would they do it?
Speaker 2: Well, they did put chips into our clothes. It would break into our house, ah, and put chips in almost like you know, in the spine of a library book. Right, So what you know this is like literally thirty forty years ago. They would put things into our clothing so that when we went into certain metro stations or went through certain parts of town, if for some reason their surveillance and they're following us, you know, had lost us or whatever, it would ding and say, oh, John Cipher now just went into the metro station or what have you.
Speaker 3: But they wouldn't do anything crazy like putting carcinogetic powder.
Speaker 4: On you or anything, would they.
Speaker 2: That's another one, well, Meca, they used it for a counter intelligence purpose. They would use this sort of chemical. They would put it on suspected Western American intelligence officers, for example, and I had it deployed to me at my home and we would test for it. And the idea there was they would use it and put it on me, and then they would go around their embassy at night into people's offices looking for my specific chemical tag. And if they find it in Yuri's office that Yuri has never reported that he's been in touch with me, they might then assume Yuri is up to no good and perhaps spying for John Cipher, and therefore they would launch an investigation of Yuri. So back even in the fifties, they were putting small radioactive nails or spikes into the tires of our cars that would leave a small mark on the road as we drove around that they could then with a device follow to make sure, so they would follow behind us. But then certain times they would back off, so our officers might think, oh, my goodness, you know I'm not under surveillance now, but they would be able to just hang back further and follow this sort of trail. So yeah, tracking is not a crazy thing, but for that specific person. I don't know why Susie in Iowa needs to be tracked necessarily.
Speaker 4: Right, Yeah, No, I think it's an interesting rabbit hole.
Speaker 3: It started with a conspiracy theory, and I think we're ending up into like the near future is something to actually be concerned about if people conspire to actually bring this about. There's a way of doing it voluntarily. When I was in Afghanistan. On your boot in marker, you put your blood type might AV positive and then you put NKA no known allergy. Because if you're an explosion or you're you're hurt, the thing that stays on your body most of all is your shoes, your boots. I could see an application where people voluntarily would have something the size of a grain of sand put in their arm or their necks in place or someplace where a medic could immediately scan that and have your medical history to save your life.
Speaker 2: So if you join the military, the military might say, hey, you know, it's in your interest if you're in a war zone for us to have all of the information, your medical information implanted into your chip so that we can save your life in a case of emergencies.
Speaker 3: So, hey, John, this is great. Let's be somebody who actually knows what they're talking about. Let's introduce our guests.
Speaker 2: So today we're lucky we have Timothy Caulfield, who's a professor in Canada at the University of Alberta and has done a lot of work especially since COVID on issues related to conspiracies and vaccines and in COVID and in medical research, and he works with the Royal Society of Canada Test for US that helps support Canada's response and recovery from COVID nineteen. So it's really great to have you here. So thanks, thanks for coming on with us.
Speaker 6: Thanks for having me on, guys, a great topic. So I've been studying how science has represented, how health is represented in the public sphere really for decades, and I slowly kind of migrated towards studying the spread of health misinformation and health conspiracies because it became obvious and this isn't going to surprise you guys became obvious that this really mattered.
Speaker 3: When it comes to experts and authority figures. I mean when a doctor with a medical degree from some place and a president of some like really big country with nuclear weapons and went to the moon once starts talking about demon sperm and spirits is the reason for COVID? How do you deal with that? I mean, it is a doctor, it is a president of the United States.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is this is a real challenge, and I think the first thing that we need to do is recognize when false balance is happening. So what do I mean by that? When an authority figure spouts a conspiracy theory or you know, hardcore misinformation, let's put it that way, it can be viewed increasingly by the general public as a reasonable argument. And we definitely definitely saw that throughout the pandemic. So you have fringe physicians, yes they're mds, talking about stuff that is a clearly fringe position that it may not even be scientific sound, and the public perception as well. On the one hand, we have this idea. On the other hand, we have this other idea. When the reality, if you look at it from a weight of evidence perspective, you have a small cohort of fringe physicians versus hundreds of thousands of experts around the world who have studied this for their entire career, and that's not the perception the public has, and our information ecosystem facilitates the embrace of that false balance. I think about you know some cable news TV shows that sort of raise these perspectives up as if they're reasonable, and then layer on top of that the authority that comes with being an MD, a scientist, or a political figure, and it's just becomes an information nightmare. But I want to come back to the idea that, oh, you know, we always have to be empathetic and understand that people come at this for a bunch of reasons. I agree with that, and I think that's true. But at the same time, I don't think we should pull back and say, look, this is complete nonsense, and people believe in this stuff not because of historical, long term understandable trust issues. A lot of people are believing this stuff for hateful, hateful reasons, and I don't think we should back away from highlighting that when that is the reality.
Speaker 3: So un hateful reasons. I wanted to touch on the microchip conspiracy theory and Bill Gates in particular. But people who've business of authority are people, prominent individuals who are targets for this. I note that in World War One, when the Spanish influenza came out, there was a conspiracy theory that aspirin was causing it because at the time aspirin was made by a German company, Bea, and the thought was, aspirin is actually the cause of this, and it's the Kaiser and the Germans. Because of course, this conspiracy theory was spread in the US after we went to war with Germany, and the Kaiser of course was the bad guy. So what is it about Bill Gates that would make him a target for this?
Speaker 6: We have to recognize this is a hardcore conspiracy theory. I think we should point that out at the beginning. This isn't conspiracy theory light. This is hardcore. So the idea that Bill Gates started the pandemic in order to force vaccination so he could put microchips in all of us. Never mind, we carry supercomputers with us everywhere we go. He doesn't need to put a microchip in as to follow us. He's probably following us he's probably listening right now. So it's a really good example of the normalization of a hardcore conspiracy theory. So what kind of numbers am I talking about? Anywhere between twenty five and say thirty five percent of Americans and Canadians are at least open to this conspiracy theory. So why I think that there concerns about people in power? That's been a long held concern. It's also tied to this conspiracy theory that a lot of people say is the original conspiracy theory that there are is this elite group of individuals often described as Jews, no surprise, right, and that theme runs through a lot of it. Then enter the World Economic Forum and you have Bill Gates working with the World Economic Forum to put microchips in all of us so we can keep us in our fifteen minute cities and we're not going to stray. So it's all about those elites gaining power over us.
Speaker 3: I think conspiracy theories say as much about the society that has them and the people who hold them as the conspiracy theories themselves.
Speaker 2: All right, well, that's been some great stuff. Let's take a short break for a commercial. Moving back to talk to Tim Kawfield in just a moment.
Speaker 7: Glad to have everybody back. Let's go back down the rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: To go back to the microchip issue for a minute. I mean, one of the things is we look at conspiracies, whereas we might say a lot of it is not there's often a tinge of truth. There's something that started it's truthful that then became sort of snowballed down and became more in the conspiracy sense. So what is there about the notion of microchips into our body? Where's the truth piece of this?
Speaker 6: Well, well, first of all, I think it's important to highlight that you're exactly right that when there is a sliver of truth to something, the misinformation is more likely to gain traction. There was a very interesting study that came out that showed that two elements of a successful bit of misinformation, in other words, misinformation that's going to spread, is that it uses a scary narrative, right, because we're all attracted for anecdotes and testimonials and stories and a sliver of truth. Right. So you see that happen a lot with vaccines where look, big big Pharma, they have been bad actors in the past. No doubt about it. You know, I've actually studied that stuff, right, and tech, big tech, they have been bad actors.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: So take microchip, which is kind of code for you know, big tech, and vaccines code for pharma. You bring those together and it sounds really scary and kind of plausible. The other thing, of course, is that we live at a time when the technology is moving incredibly quickly, and they are putting in sensors into bodies or using nano things to put into those things are not And the other thing that often happens. I don't know if you guys have seen this. In a lot of the rhetoric anti VAXX rhetoric, they also use a lot of science y language, right. I call it science ploitation, right, you know, take you take a little bit of real science and you use that to make whatever you're talking about sounds scary and more plausible, even if the context isn't real. So they'll say spike protein or nanolipid particle, or they'll talk about the other world. You'll hear all the time. It's the favorite one to roll out if you want to use a little bit of science is the word quantum. Right, So they'll say, there's some kind of want some aspect to the vaccines. So I think all of those things can make even something as absurd as microchips and vaccines seem like maybe possible.
Speaker 3: Now, just to step away from science for a minute and step into John and I into our old profession as CIA officers. To actually do a telephone tap, to like listen to someone's conversation and understand it and put it in is immensely time intensive, right, I mean to listen to one or two telephones, you know full time can take fifteen people, and then what you still have an incomplete understanding of it?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Or to put surveillance on someone in Moscow, John, I know thirty forty people they would have the Russians would put on us, and they would still get things wrong. So what is the point of putting the microchips in? Let's just run with this now. I know when you go to the store or when you fib to your wife about I'm going off to get milk, but I'm really get the beer with my buddies. What is the amigdal of response here? Why do people think Bill Gates wants to know about them?
Speaker 6: I think a lot of this so many conspiracy theories that we're seeing right now in this current cultural moment are about a belief that the government wants to control you, or there is this small cohort of elite that want to control you, want to take away your rights, want to take away your power, And a lot of the COVID conspiracy theories played to that. In fact, there are those who have suggested that that was the entire reason that COVID happened. It was an attempt by the World Economic Forum and the World Health Organization to exert control over the world.
Speaker 2: One of the things when you say there's people out there who believe the World Health Organization and the World Economic Forum are controlling things, clearly have a view of those organizations as much more powerful and efficient than they really are. I can say that because I work for the Central Intelligence Agency for almost thirty years. Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful job, very smart people doing really good stuff. But even in that case, people when they work together, it's a fumbling human endeavor. Yeah, it's a human endeavor. And so the notion of the World Economic Forum is some sort of genius group that controls us all to me seems crazy.
Speaker 6: But the lesson I think is the more extreme the politics, and again some research to back this up, the more likely you're going to see that polarization, and the more likely you're going to see sort of the embrace of conspiracy theories, or I like to say, the toleration of the conspiracy theory, because that's I think, really what's going on.
Speaker 3: And conspiracy theories can be monetized. And I can think of one one large popular supposedly news network that recently was sued that basically makes money off of keeping people inside of it in group spinning conspiracy theories that make people angry, that make people defensive, and that keep them inside of their information bubble, and there's actually a profit motive for that.
Speaker 6: I don't think this is emphasized enough. You know, those who are spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation KS Jones often are often doing it for profit, for money. Often the loudest voices in a bunch of spaces are doing it for money.
Speaker 2: So thank you to Tim for that. And now we're going to turn it over to our ponted producer, John Stern to tell us what he's learned about this.
Speaker 5: All right, guys, I broke this conspiracy theory into two pieces, vaccines and tracking technology. So let's start with vaccines.
Speaker 8: My name is Christian Rose. I'm an emergency physician Assistant Professor at the Department of Emergency Medicine at Stanford Healthcare Hospital. I'm also clinical informatician, so basically means I do medical information systems. So obviously, on the side of being a physician, I get a lot of questions as all of my physician colleagues do, about vaccines, medications, medical diagnoses, et cetera. So how I wind up in the space of providing vaccinations and information about them to patients. On the information technology side, as I was mentioning, I'm a clinical informatition which means I did additional training in the role of health information technology support, I should actually say the role of information technologies in healthcare and so how we use it to deliver and provide better healthcare. So a lot of that gets to wearables, big data, being discovery, all sorts of fun things, and how we use your healthcare information to try to provide better care for patients and to make the experience of being a doctor one in which we can do better, faster.
Speaker 5: Well, let me ask you, when you're giving a vaccination, especially with the COVID vaccine, how often do people question you about this and express suspicion about what's in that vaccine? Oh?
Speaker 8: Man, So, just to take a step back, probably as long as there have been vaccines, which are, in my humble opinion, one of the most amazing scientific discoveries, humans have ever figured out a way to make our already strong immune systems even stronger to prevent very simple bugs viruses specifically from killing us. Obviously, can of vaccines for many things, and cancer vaccines are coming down the line as well. So spent most of my life being like, these are amazing. Can you believe people found a way to make your body defend against something that's like almost uniformly deadly in the form of smallpox, in the form of polio if you should get a bad version. But the downside is that these like live attenuated or even some of the things that we put adjuvants of, these things that make the vaccine work and make your body think it's a foreign invader can have negative effects on people, and they can make them not feel good.
Speaker 5: So until COVID, had you ever heard anyone worry about microchips and vaccines or is that When it started.
Speaker 8: It wasn't even on the radar. I wasn't really prepared for people to say, like, well, what if there's a tracking device in here?
Speaker 5: What would you put in to track someone? If it wasn't a microchip, radioactive dye or yeah.
Speaker 8: So that's sort of the closest and a lot of this conspiracy history. That was sort of the quantum dots or the basis for this question that you could when you give someone a vaccine, you could also put a die under their skin that would in fact tell future people whether they have the vaccine or not. And it was very reasonable approach. This was just done in mice, it wasn't done in humans, but was saying like, oh, if you can inject a fluid, could you also maybe leave like a you know, sort of invisible to the naked eye tattoo that would tell people who you are, potentially or that you had this vaccine.
Speaker 5: All right, let's do a feasibility thought experiment. The government wants a crash program to actually do put tracking microchips in vaccines. So first thing is how small does it have to be?
Speaker 8: Great question, vaccines are traditionally given through like a twenty five gage needle, which is like point to nanometers in diameter. It's because of where the vaccine can either go into your muscle, as the vast majority of vaccines do, and so it just needs to be injected into the muscular.
Speaker 5: And I assume it would be roaming around and in a day or two we get filtered out by the kidneys and you wouldn't even you.
Speaker 8: Pee it out or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly great.
Speaker 5: And now I talk to someone else about the microature aspect of this. His name is Leron Sajev, and he is an expert on all of this tracking technology.
Speaker 9: I am a YouTuber specializing you Don't Love security and scam related content and helping people understand the bad stuff that's going on out there in a way that's simple for the average everyday person to understand, not just for the geeks.
Speaker 5: If you lurn wanted to track people, number one, why would you want to do that? Number two? What would be the most efficient way to achieve that?
Speaker 9: Okay, let's open up this rabbit hole and we're going to dive into it. So tracking is this global word that is synonymous with a whole bunch of stuff. We have tracking of movement, we have tracking of people's activities, we have tracking of people's likes and dislikes. It really breaks down into lots of little subcategories. I will say that there is an entire industry called data brokers, and data brokers have the sole mission of gathering as much data as humanly possible on absolutely as many people as possible, so they could sell that data to the bigger companies and therefore we be able to run a more effective ad campaign. So that's the most common form of tracking, very easily done. We are being tracked twenty four hours a day, all the time, continuously unless we take very very specific actions not to get tracked. And even then I would still argue that you may not get as much information about a person, but you can get enough points to make up a profile. If I was going to track a group of people or individuals, the simplest and most costic active way would be to track your clicks, to track your own nine activities. We give away the farm. They get away with it by saying no. We anonymize the data so you chronically track it back to an individual. But we've seen lots of research that says you only needed about nine data points to be able to reverse engineer that and be able to track it down pretty accurately down to maybe not an individual, but within a couple of houses and with a couple of locations, so you can get that granular if you really want to.
Speaker 5: Would you be able to tell where they are physically located geographically?
Speaker 9: Absolutely?
Speaker 5: How how would that work if you use.
Speaker 9: Any of the platforms which are free to use and therefore are supported by an AD platform, So we're talking about basically all social media. Let's talk with Facebook specifically. If you know how to use the system specifically, and they say they're able to limit it within a one mile rate, so you can target down within one mile, but one mile is a pretty big space still. However, if you know how to use the system, you can create multiple ads or multiple points which all sort of intersect over each other. If you think of circles, and you bring them closer and closer and closer to each.
Speaker 5: Other, and you some want to exclude.
Speaker 9: Those areas, it leaves you a very very tiny space of what is included in your ad campaign down to a physical building, including a personal home, including a business.
Speaker 5: What about using cell phones? Can people track us even if our cell phones are on? But we're not using them?
Speaker 9: Okay, So cell phones are different. If you think of our telephone numbers, our telephone numbers are a unique identifier. They are the IP address for lack of a better word of identifying individual phones. So that phone makes a connection to the local cell phone tower, and then once it authenticates you and says okay, you're good, you can start making calls, you can receive your data, then we have that connectivity.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 5: So let's look at microchips. People put microchips in their pets if they want to track them. So it is possible to have a microchip that communicates to some sort of grid the pet microchips. There are two types.
Speaker 9: They are the ones that are luck a Bluetooth trackers that we have the Apple air tag, and then we have the tile trackers. In other words, those devices are connecting to our phones, and as soon as they are within a certain geographic area, it's our phone that's saying okay, here's the GPS location of this particular unit.
Speaker 5: It's right next to me. We're together.
Speaker 9: So what happens when they lose your luggage. Is you activate on the system, it sends out a signal around it to say, hey, I am lost. If you're an Android user or you're an Apple user and you're walking past me, just relay my location to the system, and it uses everybody Elsa's phones to give you an up to date as accurate as possible of where that particular device sets. Now to go back to your pet. Example. The second type of tracking that you get is you get a GPS tracking. So that is where there is software with a battery. It is specifically dedicated for one purposes only. Here's my location. Keep updating the system. Here's my location, Keep updating the system. The downside of all the system is one big, big major floor, the battery. Because all of this uses a lot, a lot of power.
Speaker 5: How about the chips in your pets? How come those don't wear out?
Speaker 9: Okay, So those are passive. So those don't give you coordinates, They don't give you GPS locations. All they are is they sit there passively under the skin. Very much like you go to a shop and you've got those tags that are attached to an article of clothing. As you walk past the antennas by the door. If that's still on it and you're stealing that octum, it's going to activate because the antenna activates that chip.
Speaker 5: So if I wanted to surreptitiously insert a microchip into your body, it would be a passive one.
Speaker 9: It has to be passive because it needs to be powered in some way.
Speaker 5: Well, thank you, Laron for speaking with us, and we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: After this break.
Speaker 5: So the Bill Gates of it all, He's always been a target of conspiracy theorists. As you know, when the Zeka virus broke out in twenty fifteen in Brazil, he was one of several powerful Western figures that was blamed for that disease. He's also a target because he pledged two hundred and fifty million to fight the pandemic, so therefore, somehow that makes him complicit in there being a pandemic. There's a video online accusing Gates of wanting to eliminate fifteen percent of the population through vacation and electronic microchips, millions of views on YouTube. It's completely faked, and there's a fake photo online of the Bill Gates Center for Global Human Population Reduction from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation that photo too has been manipulated. It's actually the foundation's Discovery center in Seattle, which is not the home to a depopulation effort, and Bill and Milindigates have nothing.
Speaker 4: To do with it.
Speaker 5: So it's bogus in two ways. And there's some other bogus stuff online. Bill Gates did not say that the COVID nineteen vaccine could kill nearly a million people. There's accusations that the FBI arrested Gates for biological terrorism, or that he supports a Western plot to poison Africans, any of these things. What they all have in common is they're accusing Gates of exploiting the crisis to try and control people or to try and make more money by selling vaccines.
Speaker 2: So what's your conclusion, John, from this?
Speaker 5: Just on the feasibility of being able to do this, Putting aside how absolutely complicated and difficult it would be to distribute all of these microchips. There will probably be a self powered microchip someday that is small enough. Maybe one's already been invented for all we know, But that's the most difficult and costly and least efficient method I can imagine to track someone. You don't even need to come up with a new way. It's already happening. It's just so unnecessary.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think my dog has a microchip in it.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm tracking your dog right now. You know who would love to talk about the stuff to you. It's Adam Davidson. He's our other producer. As you know, he's been waiting in the wings, very eager.
Speaker 4: One thing. It's just an aside I just want to throw.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm putting microchips inside of you to identify for medical reasons, like bloodships.
Speaker 4: But there's a.
Speaker 3: Long history of that kind of thing and this is a natural progression of it. So for example, you know, and infamously in World War Two, you could always recognize who was in the SS because on the inside of their forearm they tattooed their blood type, so if they were ever ever hurt, they knew what blood infusion to give them. And of course later it became an indicator of who was SS and who wasn't because the regular German army didn't have it. And so if you were going to insert a microchip into somebody, people would eventually find these things. You know, Nazis were going around having the tattoo removed under their arm, but it didn't help because there was always the telltale scar.
Speaker 5: They should have just built a larger tattoo around it, like a dragon, and worked its way up into the design solo imagination in the Nazis down among their many it's not enough creativity, that's often said about the Nazis. This is what happens in a top down studio system.
Speaker 3: And they produced a lot of rotten movies there.
Speaker 4: But yeah, it is.
Speaker 5: My pleasure to welcome Adam Davidson.
Speaker 4: Hello Adam, Hey John.
Speaker 1: So my understanding is this one is pretty persistent around the country. I really want to dig into this one because this is the conspiracy theory that has me the most confused flummox. Like, we all see what's in a vaccine, it's a liquid. We all know what computer chips look like. We all have enough information to know this can't be true. Yet it is fairly widespread.
Speaker 2: Nanotechnology is a thing, so people realize now it's smaller and smaller things are being made. You know, the vaccinations became there's still a large population even in our own country that believe that vaccines might be used against us. You know, the COVID scared people. Vaccines scared people, as lot of people won't take vaccines. The notion that small chips could be embedded, I mean they embed thement our dogs. I have a thing where I can if my dog is lost, I can look on a chip to figure out but the dog is. And then we all know that our phones track us and we and we drive in our cars, and we connect to satellites and know where we all are. So you put those things together, and there's this fear that, oh my goodness, you know, there's a part of this that I don't understand. People must be interested in me and tracking me and following me and trying to use some sort of technology to force me to do things I don't want to do.
Speaker 3: I think you're both missing the point. This one is inherently ideological. People come to this with preconceived notions about bodily autonomy and small groups of people controlling their lives and their fear of that, I think, and then from there, since you've got it, you'd look for manifestations of how that's actually happy. You've already come to the conclusion that that is true, and then the details kind of don't matter because you're sort of trying to figure out whatever they are. I mean, remember not too long ago, when the COVID vaccinations, there was a doctor, a medical doctor, claiming that it made people magnetic, and then the people were sticking boons to themselves. Right, Well, it is clear now a couple of years later, that none of us are magnetic. I've had four COVID shots, but aside from my animal magnetism, there isn't any more.
Speaker 4: So that was clearly debunked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess you're right.
Speaker 2: You guys got a lot of space on your foreheads for its spoons to try to find.
Speaker 1: Me more than anyone I could. Really, I could have a faux colory set, but.
Speaker 3: I would say, why Bill Gates? Why not Elon Musk. Elon Musk is demonstrably weird dude.
Speaker 1: Right, So, first of all, we all do have tracking devices. We carry them around, We spend a lot of money on them, we carry them everywhere we got. Yeah, but lots of other companies, including like your dumb flashlight app that you downloaded, are tracking you.
Speaker 5: All over the place.
Speaker 1: Second of all, Elon Musk is doing like he is using his satellites to control major geopolitical events.
Speaker 4: He's Ukraine War. Yeah, Ukraine War.
Speaker 1: He's essentially made clear going to read people's private dms on Twitter, Like, we keep finding these conspiracy theories where there is a real thing going on that is like factually defendable and pretty similar to the conspiracy theory. But it's like the people believe the conspiracy theory are the least likely to believe the real thing that's actually going on.
Speaker 3: And I think a lot of conspiracy theories look to Hollywood and books. People sort of digest those and come up with their own alternative conspiracy theories.
Speaker 4: We don't have.
Speaker 3: Any on AI yet because AI hasn't been around long enough, but give it six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this one plays a really ugly factor. I think how many people don't get vaccinated for these kind of fears, that how many people have died or got sick because of these conspiracies that are spread around.
Speaker 1: So I just asked chet GPT to develop a conspiracy theory about AI, and it came up with the sentient synthesis agenda. This theory suggests that a secret group of powerful eli, including tech billionaires, government officials, and shadowy organizations, have conspired to harness the capabilities of AI to create a sentient super intelligence.
Speaker 2: It's always the powerful elites.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and the problem is how do we.
Speaker 2: Get into that, Adam, you should be able to help us figure that out.
Speaker 1: How do we get into the powerful elites. I'm not even in on the Jewish conspiracy.
Speaker 4: I should be like, hope they've got good medical insurance.
Speaker 1: Well, the adrena chrome really helps a lot of stuff. Because I was just reading a paper on adrena chrome and dental health and it's pretty inspiring.
Speaker 4: That's the QAnon.
Speaker 1: Theory that they kill babies to get there that hormone or whatever, and does wonders for gum health, Like do you guys ever get bleeding when you floss?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's all it's good.
Speaker 1: Do you get the adrena chrome spray?
Speaker 3: I have the rogaine version, Yeah, it's you would get that one, Adam.
Speaker 1: I should get that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think it's interesting to dig into some of the kernels of truth. It's rare that they're completely made up.
Speaker 2: So there's pieces here, there's true pieces here that don't stick together. Yeah, that's true, but you can come up with scenarios where they might stick together. Not you know, control the whole population, but something that could be used this way in a smaller subset.
Speaker 4: Right, sell them beer or snow tires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So there is again a reality there that this massive, massive amount of information, if it connected properly, can be of great use to the people who figured out and perhaps to the detriment to the people who are just giving data without getting anything from it.
Speaker 3: And there's an irony there in that. In the US there's arguably more conspiracy theories because it's an open society, and yet in places where that is happening in spades, like China and Russia, right authoritarian governance, I mean, the Chinese Communist Party has access to basically everything that goes onside of China and outside often as well, and collects it. And yet the Chinese don't seem to be having conspiracy theories about this because they just assume it's true.
Speaker 1: I remember I was doing some reporting China and like two thousand and six, and my local fixer, after I'd been there a few days, I was like, you know, people say it's like entertainer ship, but I don't feel like anyone's tracking me. And she's like, they know everywhere You've been, They've talked to everyone you've talked to. They're looking at you right this minute, and I.
Speaker 2: Said, please come back and see us next time. On Mission Imploso