Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romain Bostik, and Katie Greyfell.
Speaker 3: All right, let me get to some of my gainers here. I was kind of.
Speaker 4: Changing in last minute.
Speaker 3: Philly gets a Philly our producer gets an award because I was moving stuff around a lot, so she is a gem. I want to go to Oracle. Let's start there, because you're number two gainer in the S and P five hundred, they reported. As we all know, earnings after the close yesterday, we were all breaking them down. Stock soaring finishing off its best levels of the session, but still up about nine tenths of a percent. Here strong AI cloud sales fiscal year outlook suggesting little letup in demand for AI compute if you will, an AI related spending, and I will say that that was higher than expected. Oracle did maintain its capital spending, which as I said, was higher than expected for the quarter, but it maintained it for its fiscal year forecast. Fifty billion dollars is what it laid out and that seemed to be pleasing to investors. So again keep in mind, stuck down about fourteen percent year to day, down roughly fifty percent from it's high in September tenth of last year. Let's go to Sable Offshore. This was kind of a late ad thank you President Trump. Ticker's sooc President Trump getting ready or said to be preparing to invoke a Cold War era power to pave the way for renewed oil production off the southern coast of California. And this is the Sable Offshore company looking to restart significant production from a closely or from a cluster I should say, have offshore platforms in California. So this one halted in trading earlier, up as much as thirty three percent in today's trade, finishing the day with a gain of about fifteen percent. Go on over to CFN Industries tickers cf and this one also on a tear today and you can see it's up about nine percent here, more than fifty percent year to date on track. I believe this might be a record closed for this one. Agricultural chemical company. So we're talking about fertilizers. We've seen them rise as a result of what's going on in the Middle East and the US war in Iran. It's impacting nitrogen phosphate supplies, raising prices. Keep in mind that Saudi Arabia supplies about fifteen to twenty percent of the global trade, all through the Strait of horror moves, according to a recent note from Scotiabank. So these companies, as a result of all of this, maybe supplies are going to be impacted, and so you're seeing higher prices potentially for these areas. And I got to mention Caesars if I can just real quickly again a late ad up about twelve percent. This as billionaire Tillman for Tita in exclusive talks to buy the company for about seven billion dollars. We're talking about thirty four dollars a year, and you can see the stock closing just below thirty dollars a share. This would top a competing from carl Icon. And this is all according to the Wall Street Journal, citing people familiar. So Finley, thank you again for the change.
Speaker 4: All right, let's talk about some of the hosts.
Speaker 3: That was a lot. I was so afraid you're going to be like, oh wait, but we got to do an honorable mention so I was changing.
Speaker 4: You just have to always have an honorable mention ready Roman, No, thank you, Tim, Yeah, I'm back. I know her well. I want to start with the alternative asset managers, starting with Aries and KKR. Aries fell today by four point eight percent. KKR fell by three point two percent. This as JP Morgan Chase is said to be restricting some lending to private credit funds. The move ads to already week sentiments surrounding alternative asset managers after weeks of stock selloffs. Blue Owl I was looking down more than sixty percent from last year's highs. Pretty remarkable. Also looking to share as a Striker today. They fell on the day today after a cyber attack against the company crippled the company's global operations. This according to a person familiar with the matter and a memo seen by Bloomberg News. Striker shares fell by three point six percent. The pro i Ruanian digital activist group Handala has claimed credit for the incident, and many Striker employees around the world are unable to work and have been sent home from offices. Striker has stated that it is experiencing a global network disruption to its Microsoft environment as a result of the cyber attack, and its teams are working to understand the impact of the attack on its system. And finally, how about Campbell's soup shares falling today down by seven percent. The company cut its profit out look to the lowest in a decade. Consumers are moving away from chips and pretzels, Supply constraints are weighing on sales of freshly baked goods. Snack's division remained missed expectations of the second the fiscal quarter, and we got some earning still.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to Petco to tick a wolf. The shares up fifteen percent in the after hours, traded their earnings just crossing the wire. Adjusted EBADAH in the most recent quarter does look like it was a beat. Net sales relatively in line with expectations at about one point five to two billion, and here's your four. The company says that for the full year, expect a justine epatah in a range of four hundred and fifteen to four and thirty million dollars. That's above, well above what the street was looking for at about four to oh four. A lot of that, though, does appear to be back weighted toward the second half of the year, as they do give a first quarter a jusse ebadad number that is higher than what the street was looking for, but only by a.
Speaker 3: Couple thought what's that ticker?
Speaker 1: Remain woof all you dog love.
Speaker 3: Wait, how do you say it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Katie anyway, Yeah, that's for Katie there, for the cat lover here on the one cat lover here on the program. We forgive her, we do. We just want to check in out real quick on yields here, because we did actually continue to see a meaningful move higher, particularly on the long end of the curve, with your twenty year and your thirty year yield up by about eight basis points on the day. So the saw off in that space does continue on the shorter end of the curve up about five basis points here. That is a setup heading into a FED decision day one week from today.
Speaker 3: All right, everybody, let's get to some stories on our radar. Maybe not such a great batman, but it maybe he's better at doing deals. I'm talking about Ben Affleck.
Speaker 4: Was he not looked at as a good batman?
Speaker 3: You know? Tom?
Speaker 1: No, you know even he knows that.
Speaker 3: So Netflix is going to pay as much as six hundred million dollars for ben Afflex AI firm. It is called Interpositive. It's an AI movie making company.
Speaker 4: Tim It's cheaper than a seventy two billion dollar pursuit of Warner Brothers, you know. But it raises the question about Hollywood and AI. This is really interesting because, as we know, workers in Hollywood are worried that studios will use AI to eliminate jobs. But this company, Interpositive, is what it's called. The director needs to shoot a movie before the software can train using the footage. Only then can it help remove stray adams or adjust the background in a scene. It doesn't train on films without permission or generate new projects without the base cleans up stuff cleans up. But that's still I would imagine that still does do things that manual have been done manually in the past or people have done in the past.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I like to see a film actually produce buy this company, though I will say.
Speaker 4: I mean it is. David Fincher has been using it in an upcoming brad pitfilm.
Speaker 1: Upcoming brad pitfilm, So there's a schedule.
Speaker 2: This stock Moovers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day. For the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street, and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.