Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network. Ready, where you're ready, Let's get it all. How's going everybody? Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific three Eastern, Sunday three Pacific six Eastern Saturday mornings with the Jim Valley at Tenday and Pacific one Eastern. Hey, I'm back. I am back here today, and I got a lot to talk about. Is it true that Mike SIMPERBB reviewed NXT in three minutes yesterday? Don't even tell me that's true, because man, if only had time to get revenge, I would. But you see, it is Thursday, year in the show, and so we got lots to talk about. Gotta go over the aw Dynamite show from last night and that builds towards rampage and also collision, And we gotta talk about collision because the week two ratings are in and there's a big drop, but that was pretty much to be expected. But the thing to talk about now is, well, with that big drop, what do we got coming up next? And granted it's only Thursday. We have a couple of more a couple of days left to announce more. But man, this is not much of a lineup right now, and so we'll talk about that. And we have also got some notes on the gold Rush of viewership. We've got, as noted there, the Dynamite review, and we have a special guest who's coming on the show here today, our own Brian Rose is going to join us in the second segment of the show, the second long segment, because he is here to talk aw Fight Forever. Have you played this game? I think it's out today, right, and so he is going to come on. He seems surprised in the chat, but too bad. You're booked, Brian. He's gonna come on today and he's gonna talk about the video game. So if you're interested in hearing about that, have we got the show for you today. Should also have time for some text messages for five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. That is four two five seven eight zero seven five sixty six. I am Brian Wrestling Observer dot Com at Brian Albarez on Twitter and Mike Simber BB's at SIMPERVB. So kick it off. After the break, stick around everybody, Observer Live. All right back here on the show. Brian Alvarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike Simper Vid also Wrestling Observer dot Com. And Uh, you're in big trouble, mister.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, is it true?
Speaker 1: Is it true? Three minute? It's on the NXT review yesterday. That's the rumor I heard. Three minutes, that's the rumor I heard.
Speaker 2: Well, they lied to you. Where'd you hear that rumor?
Speaker 1: I can't remember where I heard it, but they were like, lol, Mike went through all of NXT in three minutes.
Speaker 2: There's nothing nothing I can do in three minutes, Brian, you know this.
Speaker 1: This guy says more like two minutes forty five seconds.
Speaker 2: Oh wall you stopped. That's what they said right here, fourteen minutes, a full third segment of the world famous NXT review, and it was fantastic.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I don't listen to your ship, so I'll just trust you.
Speaker 2: I'll believe me.
Speaker 1: I know I won't do it again today, but I do. I do have stuff to talk about here.
Speaker 2: Haven't listening to rumors gotten you in enough trouble?
Speaker 3: Sir?
Speaker 1: You know what's silly? Is this you know, everyone freaked out kind of about the Collision rating even though it was down, But I mean, you know, who was expecting to do a million? I wasn't. I mean, I thought it was going to drop in the second week because every show drops in week two. And was it a great number? Well, certainly not. Was it the end of the world. I don't think he was the end of the world, but I am. I am interested in the fact that they had a sizeable drop for week two and as of yesterday, As of yesterday on aw Dynamite, as of this morning, this is the Collision lineup for this coming Saturday. We have got MGF in action, no opponent listed, He's just gonna have a match. We have got Chris dad Lander and Lady Frost for the TBS title, and we have three Owen Hart Tournament matches. We have Joe versus Strong, Smode, Joan Roderick Strong, Powerhouse Hobbs and Dustin Rhodes and Ricky Starks and Juice Robinson. And nothing against any of these matches, Okay, but there is no advertised appearance by cmpunk, there's no FTR, there's no Jay White. I mean, they could announce this stuff. You know later on. But I'm I'm pretty surprised this is the lineup for week three because to me, I mean, you can't really do it forever. But I mean, you're kicking off a new show and this should be like boom boom boom boom for a while. And you know, I'm certainly do not report all right Sunday game. I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying, you know, we're three weeks in and I thought we'd have a much bigger card for this coming Saturday show because we need to get this show on the road, if you know what I mean. So it'll be interesting. We can add stuff on Rampage, you know, maybe there'll be more at it over the next couple of days. But it was very interesting to see that lineup on Wednesday night.
Speaker 2: Well I hate to say it, but you know, what do you want them to do? Because it there is a rumor out there that CM punk is going to be there for the tapings tonight and maybe they announced that on Rampage. I'll be honest with you, if they had any inkling of putting him on there, they should have announced it last night. Absolutely, But MJF the World Champion, the biggest star outside Cmpunk arguably is going to be on that show. You have three owen Hart Tournament matches, which in theory is a big deal for the company to have these three matches on there. So the problem is what else can you throw on there where the College World Series won't do. It's gonna be tough. And I said this yesterday. This is going to be a show that I have a feeling varies wildly no matter what is on it. To be really honest with you, and I could be wrong about this, but you can't load that show up as if it's a pay per view every single week. You can't. You can't do that with all of the shows. Then there's no reason to build up the pay per views. Could you add some better matches, Could you be more careful about crafting your matchmaking? Sure, but I have a feeling they're gonna do shows that are loaded for bear that only get like four hundred and twenty five thousand. Then you're gonna have shows that like Monday we were talking about with Raw where it's like they did nothing and it's going to get a great number. It seems like we'll see, but it seems like Saturday is going to be They're going to be a victim of their competition taking place elsewhere, and this is going to be a show that again DVR three numbers, those three day after numbers, I think are going to be just almost as important for WBD and AEW. Obviously for fans that are listening that are used to hearing ratings, they're gonna plant their flags no matter what. But I think it's going to be very tough for them. We'll see, but that's my feeling right now, a couple weeks in with looking at a very long.
Speaker 1: Well, it is going to be like that. Obviously it's going to be like that. But my point is, you know, whatever you want to say about the ratings for the first week, whatever you want to say about the ratings for the second week, whatever you want to say about Sampunk, there are a couple of facts, and that is that while he did not spike the numbers like Roman Reigns has been doing lately. For example, he was in the highest rate segment on the first show, and he was in the highest rated segment on the second show, and he's not even on the third show. I don't know if he's filming something like they I guess there's a commercial out for the new season of Heels and and him and AJ are both on it. But I mean, you know, outside of something like that, I mean, why is he not on this show? He is the biggest draw for Saturday night on Collision, and he should be announced for the show. Especially this is the Hamilton show, which you know they were struggling or not Hamilton, it's where's it Hamilton's Well, yeah, tonight was I think the night where they were having a rough time and so well they were originally at eight hundred and they sold some tickets when he returned. But he's not even advertiser right now, so they've they've cut some prices and that sort of thing. AJ No, no, no, no, no, anyway, they've cut some He should be There's my point exactly.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing. And again there is seemingly some people that are now saying that he, yes, he is going to be on that show. But again, if you he should be announced for every show, it shouldn't. It should be no question that CM punk is going to be on that show. I would argue FTR and Andrade and Miro and those guys. But again I don't know as far as getting into Canada, getting outocate all that sort of stuff, because this was such a unique week why they may not be there. But yeah, I mean, obviously to me, CM punk should be on every show, and frankly, as much as you can get MJF on that show to wrestle, cut a promo, have a pre tape, do something, you get him on that show as well too. Well.
Speaker 1: The other thing is maybe he is on the show tonight, and if he's on the show, then you know there's a portion of the audience it's gonna hear about it, and then you can advertise it on Twitter or whatever in the in the next couple of days. But it was if you knew he was gonna be on the show, this should have been announced on Dynamite. You're gonna have eight hundred and fifty nine thousand, know which you can for Dynamite this week, but advertise the match. That's it. Advertise that he's going to be there. Anyway. The gold Rush Show NXT show six hundred and twenty two thousand viewers, which was down twenty percent from when seth Rawlins showed up, but they did do a point one seven in eighteen forty nine, and that was good for second place on cable, and that is what they want. You know, you can say whatever you want about whatever, but it actually the second place on cable thing is funny because that's like a big deal now. But with show Buzz Daily going down, we may not get rankings much at all from this point forward. We're still gonna get the numbers, but you know, the actual chart and everything like that, that's gonna be going away. So you know, the key is just going to be what's that what's that eighteen to forty nine demo? For later on this year when it's time to sign a new television deal. They want that thing up. And it has been up since they started putting main roster talent on the show. And this obviously, you know, Barren Corman did. He didn't do as well as seth Rawlins, but they did well enough to get a point one seven, and you know, there were there were times where they would do like a point one point one, a point oh eight. I think they did a couple of times. So it's a good it's good improvement and it's up year over year, and uh wwe you know, this thing. The same thing happened. The same thing happened like four or five years ago, where they were just, you know, everything was down, down, down, down down, and then they had like one year where things were good and that was the year they had to resign their new deal. And then, you know, it's kind of the same thing where there had been dips year over year. Look at the eighteen to twenty, eighteen to thirty four, look at eighteen to forty nine. You know, there was a couple of points where over the last few years it was down like fifty percent or something like that, and then here we are. It's a renewal time and every show up year over year it's unearned.
Speaker 2: Sandy about real sports, your contranny year, your contract year is always your best year. And then if you're a pitcher, you know, then you can go blow your shoulder out the next year, get Tommy John surgery because you already got paid. But that's kind of the same thing. And this is why Nick con has been so obnoxious every time you've seen him out there saying, you know, some of the most ridiculous things, but hey, it's to whip everybody into a frenzy to try to get two times the emault.
Speaker 1: Back at the moment Observer Live, you know, so busy getting mad at the chat, I didn't get Brian rose on. So I'm gonna do that right now, So Brian stand by.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I'll let him know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't don't. I'm don't make me. Don't make a chat, don't made me switch to YouTube. Okay, don't make me all right, just don't okay, golly yeah, let me just do this.
Speaker 2: And he good to be back, boss and oh man, producer dom and I had a ton we.
Speaker 1: Got we got real good people on the chat. But brother, like you just sit here and go. I thought nobody wanted to see CM Punk. I thought he was a bad brother. Come on, knock it off, Knock that crap off. How many times do you have to say I don't have a problem with Phil. Phil has a problem with me. Everything I've ever said about see him Punk has been business related. You're trying to tell me now that you think that I said, Oh, no one wants to see c M Punk. Why is he on collision crying out loud? How about I shift it all right? Forget Phil? What was that was the second highest rady? Thing on week one, Mike, I can find out real quick. Hold on, I'll tell you right now. Good Miro versus Androtte. All right, okay, where's Miro on Saturday? He's not advertising? Wait wait wait say wait it was and it was Androtte and uh who Buddy Matthews. Yeah, and then Miro also was after that. But like you know, where they they're no advertisement of of Miro, no advertisement on Drade. Like I'm trying to help here like this, these are the people that we've looked at the rating spattern. These are the people that the people want to see see him Punk, Miro, and Drade not advertised for this coming Saturday show. They should have been advertised. That's my point, goll Lee. I'll say it one more time because nobody listens. I don't have a problem with CM Punk. My only issue with the guy right now is he has convinced you that I have a problem with him. I don't. I'm looking at this exactly like anybody else would look at it. Is the guy a draw? What are the issues? Are people upset that he was here or there? Whatever? These are all factual statements. I never called him a bad guy. Nothing like that. You have created that in your minds because something because of something he said on Instagram that he then deleted. But knock it off.
Speaker 2: Let me transfer it over to a w here too.
Speaker 1: Brian's waiting, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: It's putting this on CM punk where again. This is if he's there, you he should be on. This is aew. This is all on aw. You make sure he's announced to be on there. He's on every week. There is no question about it. It's just whether he's going to be talking or wrestling. That's it.
Speaker 1: Brian, you there? I am all right. Do you have do you have video? Or what's up?
Speaker 2: Brother? I should have a video?
Speaker 4: Oh here, let me try.
Speaker 1: You turn that camera on?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I turn it on. How's that?
Speaker 1: There? We go? Hey, here's Brian Rose. Everybody. He is a moderator here in this chat, and I give you permission to lay down the hammer. You gotta what are you looking at? Mike? Got it?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to find Brian Row getting it up.
Speaker 1: Calm down right here, fight forever. Let's start with the first question here. How does this video game compared to Dig Doug my favorite video game of all time?
Speaker 4: Well, it has a little bit more features than Dig Doug. It's about it's fun to play. I remember playing Dig Doug.
Speaker 1: Fun game, wasn't it Go? Yeah? And Super Mario Brothers also a classic, A classic. Yeah, that's the last game I really played. But tell everybody that actually knows anything about video games your thoughts on Fight Forever and Hell compares some other wrestling games, and your recommendation.
Speaker 4: I recommend people play it. It's like a really really fun game. If you've ever played No Mercy on Intail sixty four or any of the other WCWWWE games that came out on the N sixty four during that time, this is pretty much the spiritual sequel to those games, so it's super fun to play. It's I even see like the same animations and the same you know, the same controls as No Mercy, So you're going to be playing No Mercy for those that know about it.
Speaker 1: Noah, I don't know any about video games, Brian in the last thirty years, but I do know that No Mercy among wrestling fans is kind of a legendary game. Am I wrong?
Speaker 4: It is the whole virtual pro wrestling kind of gameplay. No Mercy Wrestlingia two thousand WCWNWI Revenge. Those are all classic games that people always cite as being some of the best.
Speaker 2: Of all time.
Speaker 4: And Fight Forever in terms of gameplay has that. It's it's very good. It's very fun to pick up and play. It's much more of an arcadie style than ww's games, where it's much more simulated, like you have to watch your standard buck gauge and things like that, and that's kind of not as fun. It's just picking up and play. So aw, Fight Forever has that in terms of terms of being fun, it's very fun.
Speaker 1: That's that's high praise right there, Brian.
Speaker 2: Let me ask you, because a lot of people you.
Speaker 1: Rose, right, b Rose.
Speaker 2: Look, a lot of people have said it is great for olds like me who stopped playing wrestling games after No Mercy, and you can pick it up and play and it's great, fun, fantastic. But then it seems like some of the pushback on the game is things that I certainly wouldn't know about and care about when it comes to a game, but I'm seemingly important to a lot of people, which is how many people are able to play. And then what you can do to variate those characters is that something that took away any of the enjoyment from you.
Speaker 4: Like one of the biggest complaints I had about the games that there's just not a lot to do. There's the story mode, which takes maybe a few hours at most. There's a few mos you can play. There's the exploding barbed wire deathmatch.
Speaker 2: Which is fun for a little while.
Speaker 4: There's a casino balleroy, which where you pick a card and you go out there based on your entry with that card, and it's pretty much like a well rumble type mode, and that's kind of fun. But you know, beyond that, there's not much there. There's not even a cage match, which I don't remember the last time there's a video game without a wrestling video game without a cage match.
Speaker 1: So do they all have the spot where somebody has to slam the cage draw on somebody's head at the beginning of every single one of those cage matches.
Speaker 4: No, actually, maybe in like the WWE games they do of course, I don't know, like one hundred percent, but I'm pretty sure you can do that because that is like one of the key trademark spots in each cage match nowadays. But yeah, there's just not a lot to do at this point in the game. It's like they've said that they're going to roll out more content as the months go by, you know, more characters, more modes, things.
Speaker 2: Like that, Brian, let me cut you off there. How expandable is this where Okay, yeah, it's easy to add DLC packs that have FTR and a couple other people in them. But is it difficult to actually create a story mode and then you know, just basically put that out there as a patch to download? Is that? You know, is that type of thing possible for them to do, to really kind of build it out as it goes along.
Speaker 4: I think it's possible. I mean in other games, there's deal, there's added modes where you can download, and there's new modes to play from. So I don't think it is impossible for them to keep adding more content as the years go by. They've gone on the record to say, you know, this is going to be a game that is going to be that you play for the next three four years instead of a yearly released like the WW two K twenty two and you know those type of games. So they're gonna be rolling out more content. I there's a data mind leak apparently a few days ago, where there's going to be a stadium stamp ped mode where it's kind of like a bottle Royal game where you have up to like thirty I think they said thirty people just going out there and brawling around a stadium stampede mode. So it's that there is stuff in the pipeline, there is stuff coming out, So I think it'll be very easy for them to implement new modes as time goes by. It's common in a lot of games where new modes are added, so I don't think it's like a too big of a reach to where they can't add anything else. I think there'll be more stuff as time goes by.
Speaker 1: So would you say that the three year lead time for this match pretty much paid off? In your opinion? Where would you rank this like last ten years of video games? Would you say, you know, easy, top five, number one? Where would you put it to me?
Speaker 4: It's very much a wait and see kind of approach, because this kind of feels like a bare bones game coming in like right now. I'd say, I mean, in terms of everything else over the years, you know, there's impact games, there's there's a Triple A game a long time ago. You know, in terms of everybody else's games, this is far more fun to play than any of the other games anybody else has put out in recent years. It's just kind of like a wait and see kind of deal, because it's not to me. It's like, if you combine this game with w's features, you'd have like an all time great video game. If you combine the gameplay and WWE's you know, there's so much stuff you can do in those w W games, but it's not very fun to play. If you combine this game's gameplay and two k's content, you'd have like one of the best video games of all time in terms of wrestling video games. But here, just by itself, it's very good. I recommend people play it because it feels like a viable alternative. It's just a matter of wait and see and see how maybe six months or a year from now, how much stuff they're actually going to add and how deep this game is ultimately going to be.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I got one more important question that is very important. So you know, we're on Twitch here, and you know, like other handsome men with great teeth like Adam Cole play video games on these channels, and people have asked for myself and Vinie and Craig to play the game live or something like that. How how difficult would it be for me to be able to play this game? Is this something that for a first time video game player they could figure out quickly? Or is there a learning curve?
Speaker 4: I think if this was WW, I'd say you do be playing a while to get all the basics down. But if I Forever is much more simple to pick up and play. There's a tenttorial mode where she just do everything.
Speaker 1: But well, hold on that, Brian, hold that thought. We'll hold you over the break here we'll get the end of this question, and then we'll talk about Dynamite. So back in a moment. Observer Live. Okay, the show, Brian Albarez here wrestling Observer Live, Brian Rose joining us here, Mike SCEMBERVB And before the break, I asked, could an idiot like me, a man who has not played a video game since nineteen eighty six, I believe eighty six. Yeah, it's been a while, maybe eighty eight, but you know, right around there, would I be able to pick this up quickly? Brian and you, and other people in the chat as well suggested, Yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you can. I think you can pick this up easily and play. Compared to WWE's games, this is much more simple to pick up and just play from the get go. There's a tutorial mode, there's many things you can do to just get yourself com triple after a few matches. So it's very easy to pick up and play, way more so than ww's games, where it relies a lot on skill, a lot on the systems in the game, like the submission system and reversals and standable gauges. There's none of that in Fight Forever, and I think that's a big plus because the two K series has gone on too much into simulation and that's kind of not fun in a wrestling game. Like when I want to play a wrestling game, I just want to go in there and like kick people's butts. I don't want to learn a system and all that. Forever borrows heavily from No Mercy, as I've said before, and it's a much It harkens back to much more simpler era in video games, where you just pick up and play, and this is the definition of a pickup and play games. So I think, Brian, you can definitely pick this up and you'd be right at home after a few matches.
Speaker 1: Well, Brian, I want to thank you for doing the show here today. Hey, if you want to stick around, you want to hear my video game history real quick, since everyone seems to be shocked. All right, this is what happened. So I think the last video game I played would have been nineteen eighty seven. Okay, because in about sixth grade I got into video games, and man, when I got When I get into something, I am into it and I just did nothing. But I played video games, and you know all of them, Super Mario Brothers and Dig Doug and man, I could beat every game. People go, Brian has no skill. Wrong. I could beat every single game until until I ran into Mighty bomb Jack, the worst video game, and apparently I've been told like online, I'm not alone. The worst video game ever, the worst you know, instructions for a video game ever. Man, I got so mad at that game. I could not beat that. Gaya as furious. And then in seventh grade I broke my arm. I tripped over a tennis racket of all things, the only bone I ever broke and so I didn't have a left arm. So at the time, Nintendo had those controllers, but they had a thing where you could put a deal over the little controller where you go like this, and so it had like a little joystick instead of you know, there was a plus and you push up downside side right. It had a little it had a little joystick attachment. So I swear to God, I put the joystick attachment in my mouth and so I used my right hand to push the buns and I used my mouth to move. I still was just killing on video games, Like I was so into it that nothing was going to stop me from playing my games. And then and then you know what actually killed my video game playing was I discovered pro wrestling, and from from the end of seventh grade beginning of eighth grade on, it was like I was all in on pro wrestling. I watched nothing but wrestling. Me and my friends did backyard wrestling. I started taking gymnastics so that I could do wrestling on the on everything, and I never played a video game again. I just was It was like a thing in my life that I was one hundred percent into and then like when it was done, it was like it's over. It's a part of my life that's over. I never got another. Like people are going, oh, Brian, probably whatever a guy Bro. I never even not one time, did I've already used that stuff. I didn't even nothing. It was just done. No game. No, never even heard of it. Like people were going, people are throwing all the other things that you know, some you know whatever. I never even heard of that much.
Speaker 2: Less's punch Out. Yes you did not beat it.
Speaker 1: I did beat it.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 1: Swear to God, I swear to God. If I'm gonna lie about it, I would lie and say that I beat Mighty bomb Jack. But I could not beat Mighty bomb Jack. That was the only game that I could never beat. But yes, I beat punch Out. I didn't beat it a lot, maybe twice, but uh.
Speaker 4: Out what I was I was so just go back and then punch Out, guy Bro, listen only change.
Speaker 2: With supermacho man a.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you if I if I had not beaten punch Out, I would for sure remember. But I beat that game, and it was I think it was maybe twice, but that was it. But yes, God damn I hated Mighty bomb Jack. I hated that game.
Speaker 4: I have never even played Mighty bomb Jack. Don't do it. Yeah, you probably quit video games off from it, by what you're explaining to me.
Speaker 1: I think actually it was discovering wrestling and Mighty bomb Jack that like ended my my love of video games. I was like, I'm done this, this is stupid. I'd rather go uh.
Speaker 4: And you missed out so much in the last thirty plus years, so many great games on the Super Nintendo sixty four PlayStations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, the only the only game I ever played that was wrestling was was was Pro Wrestling with Starman and the Amazon and you chomped people?
Speaker 2: Wait did you ever when you were going out with your friends or anything? And granted, as we were getting older, they started getting real rid of a out of arcades. But was there one around that had the WrestleMania game or had never played something? There?
Speaker 1: Never stars missed, none of them, not a single one. Pro Wrestling was Starman and the Amazon was the only one that I ever played that was fun. They sure was. Yeah, Metal Gears people with none of these games. Nope, never.
Speaker 2: Never The Pride Fighting game for PlayStation two. I think it was was fun, It was limited, but it was actually very fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I ended with with Sega before there was I don't think it was Sega Genesis, And I wish I could remember the game that I that I used to play on on System. Yeah, I can't remember what it was, but that that was. That was the end. That was the tail end I was. I was using the joystick thing, and that was pretty much the end of it. Yeah, probably was Master System, because whatever that first Sega that you could buy was, I got that.
Speaker 4: That was the that was the first one. The Master System was the first one that Genesis came out and liked.
Speaker 1: Hero get real. Come on, all right, get some plugs in, Brian. I gotta talk about Dynamite very quickly.
Speaker 2: Here, all right.
Speaker 4: I am on Twitter at BR twenty six. I do all most of the front page not most, but I do a lot of the front page stuff on this very website. So I'm always on there, literally every day, So check that out. I'm on Twitter at BR twenty six. That's pretty much it for my plugs. I used to do streaming on here on Figure four Gaming. I might do that later this summer, so keep an eye out on that. Yeah, And that's there's so much, so much wrestling stuff coming out video game wise, there's another game coming out in a few months that might check out, and of course I might stream this. I might stream whatever the next w W game is, so stay tuned for that.
Speaker 2: Ryan Rose, I'd like to thank you.
Speaker 1: He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: Courier and Ian Carry and Josh Nason and all the other people that Brian does never acknowledges because he pays them, So why say to get out of here any of these people. I appreciate you coming on, and I appreciate all the work you do for the s.
Speaker 1: You're a shoot idiot. I like people behind the scenes. I don't need to do it publicly, right, Brian, that's right.
Speaker 4: You have thanked me a lot brighter.
Speaker 1: Of course, that's right. That's right.
Speaker 4: Uh, shout out to me every now and then on the Brandon Bennie Show.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 4: Shows.
Speaker 1: Well they'll kill my gimmick, damn it. Thanks for coming on today.
Speaker 4: Okay, no problem, Thanks you for having me on.
Speaker 1: All right, thanks so much. We gotta do this dynamite thing real quick. Everybody. Your people can get mad at me, and you know, yell at me that. Ohyes, he didn't want to review Dynamite this week because on this or that, John Moxley is she e. John Moxley won with the death writer. This match ruled, although I could have done without the clonking headbuts. But as far as like a wrestling match, I mean, this was a tough crowd and it took a while to get this crowd into it. When you're when you're chopping back and forth for literally about ninety seconds and they're still not in any noise, that's a hard crowd. But they got everybody into it, and then we had a show long storyline Moxie and Kingston are they're having problems, and now Renee is angry. You know what you don't want to do. You don't want to make Renee angry. And this led to a segment later where the Blackpool Combat Club attacked Kingston and they actually pilmanized his arm, which the camera didn't even catch and nobody acknowledged. And I think that that was not even like a planned spot, which is like Claudio decided he was going to do it. So I do not believe that Kingston is being written out of storylines, even though it sure looked that way, Even though he is going to New Japan. I think the feeling is, you know, you could you could do an injury like that, but like everyone knows where he's going, so don't insult the audience. So anyway, I don't think that they're doing a shattered arm gimmick, but they actually did that on the show last night. We had a segment with Adam Cole and MJF where MGF wants to to bond with Adam Cole for their tag team deal and Adam Cole's working the guy and he's going along with it, and they actually did kind of a funny thing that they kind of mocking WWE, where Roder Strong is like, dude, you know he's gonna watch the show and see that you're just messing with him. Cole goes, this guy is gonna watch the show and MGF immediately shows up and they're like fifteen minutes of the show and he goes, Hey, I'm not gonna sit around to watch a wrestling show. Let's go party, and so he jumps in the card. Adam Cole looks at Roger Trunk goes, he ain't gonna watch this. Back we had Orange, Cassie, Keith Lee, but Kingo versus Daniel Garcia, Met Minard and Angelo Parker. This was a this was it almost became a train wreck, but it didn't, and and even if it had, it was still really fun. Just one of those you know, party matches. And Keith Lee hit Minard with what they are no longer calling the BBC. It's got a new name, and whatever they is, I've forgotten. But he won, and then we had another long storyline with the Young Bucks and Hangman against the Dark Order. The Dark Orders angry at Hangman. They don't like him anymore, They're not his friend. They accept an open challenge from the Young Bucks and Hangman. Hangman doesn't want to do it, but Dark Order insists, so they do the match and Hangman does not want to do anything with anybody in the Dark Order. The Bucks are forcing him to do it and he doesn't want to do it, and it keeps leading him almost getting pinned, and finally they triple team silver. Hangman hits the buckshot pins him, feels terrible about it, and then of course the BCC hits the Ring to kill everybody and Hangman gets whacked with the screwdriver and Dark Order just sorry, you made your bed and Hangman's so sad about it, and they leave. He's bleeding all over. They kill poor Eddie, and then John Moxley, who will not watch. He will allow, but he will not watch the doom of Eddie Kingston. He announces July nineteenth in Boston. It is blood and guts. Jungle Boy to a heel promo, which he still got a ways to go. He's not like a comfortable promo. Yet they gave him the things to say to get heat. He's better off still as a heel now that we've seen it. He's still better off than he was a babyface. And the big line is, man, if I get my hands on Hook, I'm gonna beat his ass. And so Hook's music immediately hits and they have a foot race, and these are two young guys and one of them was a I forget what he did Division one. I think it was lacrosse actually, But man, this brother Hook, he can run and he chases Jungle Boy, and Jungle Boy sprints backstage and he screams, let's go, and they open the back door of the suv and this guy dives, I mean he shoots across, diving into the back of this deal and it takes off and hook all angry. This was a great chase scene that they did here. Ruby Soho beat Alexi Nicole because Britt Baker was sick legitimately, and they're gonna do their their match in the tournament next week. And then the main event was Jericho and Samye versus Sting and Derby, and I'm sure y'all know what happened. They set up tables. They were way too far away. Sting is a madman. He jumped from a ladder in the ring to these tables that were way too far away. And to give I mean to give him credit. You never seen a guy jump so far. It's sixty four years old. He managed to. He still didn't make it though he hit his face on poor uh.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It was worse like the knee of Samy er Sing's face, but he lost a tooth. He's bleeding everywhere. He still got back in the ring and he submitted Chris Jericho, so Sting and Derby on their way to something. I guess we'll see what that is. But a very good main event, and I like the show. Back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 5: If you served in the Marine Corps. By now you know about the contaminated water problem at Camp leu June. If you were stationed or worked at Camp le June from nineteen fifty three to nineteen eighty seven, you probably have a lot of questions. We have some answers. You could be entitled to compensation. Billions of dollars are being allocated to pay for damages to anyone stationed at Camp le June during that time. Unfortunately, it appears that officials may have known the contaminated water problem existed and did little to protect their men. The semper Fi code was not honored. If you or someone in your family has developed a serious illness, including various forms of cancer, called this Camp lu June Legal Support Line right now. You can't turn back the clock and change what happened, but you can certainly call right now and learn your rights as a marine. Here's the number.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred seven two five one six five one. Eight hundred seven two five one six five one. That's eight hundred seven sixteen fifty one paid for by Legal Alert Line.
Speaker 1: Yeah you see, guys, I said that que Boom six minute dynamite review. Hit it on the dot because I'm a professional much like much like Brian Rose. You know what producer Dom said during the break, I'm throwing this guy under the bus. He goes, Man, I'm listening to Brian Rose do this review, and I thought, God, this guy's just blatantly plagiarizing this review I read. Then he realized he read Brian Rose's review. Come on, Dom, call Lee Tomb Do you retweet those articles on Twitter? And then Twitter goes, do you want to read it before you retweet it? Yes, happens all the time. Yeah, how many how many people, by the way, have seen some article on Twitter and they go to retweet it and then Twitter goes, you want to read it first? And they go, oh god, damn, I should probably read that first. Huh And then they read it. How many times do you think that's happened? None?
Speaker 2: Not enough? Yeah, so people get in trouble.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm actually considered ring, which pains me to the core. What is is buying that stupid check mark?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: Well? Why you want to know why? Because I've looked at analytics ever since I lost it, and this guy's he's he's like, he's punishing you if you don't And uh, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Come on, man, you just continue to need to use your megaphone to build up your subscriber base on there so they can just talk to you directly and you don't have to mess with any of this nonsense. They know who the real Brian Alva is is.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I I tweet stuff for business reasons, and it seems like it's going into.
Speaker 2: The By the way, about your stupid subscription thing, an offer came up in my stupid timeline, you know, trying to guess, trying to get me to like, you know, become a subscriber.
Speaker 1: Yeah, about your cult sore?
Speaker 2: Why would I want to do that?
Speaker 1: Hey?
Speaker 2: You know what answer for your cult.
Speaker 1: St I had a very famous person subscribe because they wanted the information about how to heal a cold sword five days. But anyway, yes, you can subscribe to me on Twitter and get all my TV reports. In fact, right now, I'm gonna go put up the Dynamite and the NXT TV reports, which Vini and I will talk about tonight on the Bryanavinnie Show at Wrestling Observer dot com for ninety minutes. So check it out. And that's it. Everybody as I hit my cue again, right on the button. Thank you all for listening Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network