Speaker 1: Today is like super special.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the podcast is Borg and Jeffrey and your second day podcast because we have an awkward Thursday phone call. Yes, but we're getting the couple back on and I cannot leave these two were back on.
Speaker 1: No, seriously, when you when you hear part one, you'll understand. Yes, yeah, so you need to listen to the whole thing.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have the original play and then part three will be when they're back on.
Speaker 1: Do not miss it. Yes, but first comments because we love them.
Speaker 2: Yes, Calvin said, I'm listening from Ghana and while getting over a broken heart.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Kelvin.
Speaker 1: It's all right, Calvin, I'll get there. This will make you feel better. Will when you hear what's gonna happen next? Because it could be this bad Ye? All right, it's all starting right now.
Speaker 4: One of the most memorable awkward Tuesdays of the year where one of our listeners caught his girlfriend out at a bar wearing an engagement ring and it wasn't his.
Speaker 3: The truth shocked us all.
Speaker 4: But maybe even crazier is we get them back on to get give us an.
Speaker 3: Update like them, both of them good or bad.
Speaker 4: You'll find out it's a special awkward Thursday phone call.
Speaker 3: Right after this.
Speaker 2: Everyone's been asking for this. It's an update from an awkward Tuesday phone call. Right after it's done, we're gonna have them back on the phone to find out where they are now.
Speaker 3: It's awkward. It's Thursday. It's awkward Thursday.
Speaker 4: Is there any circumstance where you're out somewhere and you see a friend's significant other doing something that they shouldn't be doing and you decide to keep your mouth shut? Oh, because I mean, you can rationalize it in your head, like, you know what, it's not really any of my business. I don't want to jump to conclusions and stir up drama if that's not really what's going on. My eyesight really isn't that good anyway? That could have just been a mannequin And I'm totally seeing.
Speaker 2: You're not saying it's just like you gotta meet an ice cream on a non cheat day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Is there any chance you do that? Or do you go tell your friend immediately what you saw?
Speaker 1: It depends depends on the relationship.
Speaker 5: With summer grocery shopping with somebody I don't know, are they literally making out?
Speaker 6: Min?
Speaker 3: Did you guys, see something. No, why why aren't you telling you?
Speaker 1: I don't think I would tell you.
Speaker 7: Show you.
Speaker 3: This is how they kissed.
Speaker 7: See.
Speaker 4: This is exactly what happened to our listener, Jacob, who is left dealing with a very bizarre situation now and he does not know how to proceed.
Speaker 3: Jacob, Hey, man, are you holding up?
Speaker 7: Okay? Honestly, you guys not really?
Speaker 1: Oh no, oh my god, I'm dying. Who went where all of it?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: So I've been seeing this woman, her name is Shannon for about a half a year now. We don't live together or anything, but I'd say it's been going pretty good for the most part.
Speaker 2: I thought this was going to be about someone you saw that we had to call the friend this is about you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, this one's about me. One night she was out with their friends whatever. I got a weird call around like eleven from a friend of mine, my friend Omar. And Omar was like, hey, are you home because I gotta come over and tell you something. And he was like like really kind of on edge about.
Speaker 4: It is exactly what I was going to say.
Speaker 5: But friend says, I need to tell you something to your face. I'll be like friendship's over, dude, Sorry, I don't like anything.
Speaker 4: That must be pretty serious if he's like demanding to go see you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, I knew it was important, so I was like, all right, come over whatever. He tells me that he saw Shannon out at this place called Crystal Lounge.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a shady place.
Speaker 7: She was with a guy, and she was wearing an engagement ring.
Speaker 1: Are you sure that this guy's good at left and right? I have made that mistake before friends.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what that finger is.
Speaker 7: And he was pretty adamant, and that's why you had to tell me face to face.
Speaker 4: Well, did he did he mention anything like specific, like if they were kissing or holding hands or.
Speaker 1: Doing wearing an engagement ring? Job you never put a ring on?
Speaker 4: Well maybe it was just like her friend's engagement ring that she was trying on for fun. Girls were always swapping jewelry clothes always.
Speaker 3: At the bar.
Speaker 5: Just reminds you, broke, I'll take your wedding ring off right now, thanks.
Speaker 3: To the sec So, like, did he mention anything specific like that?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 7: Walmart said they were like physically close, but he didn't see any overly romantic gestures happened. So I'm like, all right, it's probably just a friend. And so I fear the next day and I bring it up, thinking it's gonna be you know, like thirty second conversation.
Speaker 8: She's gonna laugh, she's gonna you.
Speaker 7: Know, but she got upset and she stormed out.
Speaker 3: She got mad at you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you know, lie, it's upset. That's how it works.
Speaker 2: It's like anybody who's accused of cheating will be like, no, you were cheating.
Speaker 5: Oh you're spying on me.
Speaker 7: But that's the thing I thought. I wanted to give her like the medicine of the doubt, and I wasn't trying to be aggressive about it or like like accusing her right And now she's not answering my calls, and so I need advice. I need advice on how to handle it.
Speaker 2: Cause I ask you, are you still hoping that she's not cheating? Like there's still a possible that she is cheating. In my mind, there's no possibility that she's not cheating.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I see what you're saying. Everybody in this room is kind of in agreement. It looks really bad for her right now, and it's very very likely that something is happening behind your back.
Speaker 5: I feel like we have not just out of the fact she could be a jewelry heist person as lots of jewelry and she's scared because we just caught her.
Speaker 3: That is a pretty frequent thing that we get on the show.
Speaker 1: Like you want to what you want to get the truth out of her?
Speaker 7: Well, yeah, I really am still holding out hope for it to just be something that she's like embarrassed about, doesn't know how to bring it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's embarrassed that I was with my fiance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think that's a highly likely possibility.
Speaker 3: When we call her here, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well they probably haven't gotten married yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, him away.
Speaker 1: Now you didn't see a wedding band.
Speaker 3: It's totally different now, Jake.
Speaker 9: I'm sorry that you're going through this, but we're going to try and give you a little bit of advice here before we call your girlfriend Shannon and let you ask her the question, what was going on when my friends saw you out the other night at a lounge wearing an engagement ring with another guy.
Speaker 2: No matter what happens, like you're the winner out of this, she's the sucky one.
Speaker 3: You don't have to hit on him now he's still with somebody. We get to that in a second. Your awkward Tuesday phone call is coming up right after this.
Speaker 2: Hey, we're in the middle of an awkward Thursday phone call up dates, which means you don't want to miss the part three where we get the couple back on the phone to find out what's happened.
Speaker 1: Since it's awkward.
Speaker 3: It's Thursday's Thursday.
Speaker 4: If you're just joining us for the awkward phone call, this is what we know. Our listener, Jacob has a girlfriend of about half a year. She was spotted out recently at a lounge with a different guy wearing an engagement brank like I need.
Speaker 1: To be taking notes, Jeff, so right there. Yep, that's weird, not good.
Speaker 4: When Jacob brought it up to her in a fun way, he expected her to laugh and explain, Oh, it's.
Speaker 3: Just this stupid situation. I had to wear it. It was a big joke.
Speaker 4: But no, she got upset and left and has not spoken to him since. That's why he needs our advice today on what to say to get his girlfriend to just tell him the truth of what is really going on. It's the least that he deserves. Right, what's your advice to Jacob.
Speaker 2: You were gonna take control of this situation, okay, right, and you were gonna tell her.
Speaker 1: You need to tell me the truth now. You need to rip it off like a bandage.
Speaker 2: Rip it off like a band aid, because if she waits any longer, it's only gonna get worse.
Speaker 1: Like you deserve the truth.
Speaker 2: And if she has ever respected you ever in the time that she's known you, now is the time to show that there it is all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, there was actually a little bit of advice in their good job. Every week I give great advice. Jose What about you? What do you think? Remember you need to make her feel comfortable.
Speaker 5: Remind her, honey, I want you to know first I love you, okay, And whatever you say in this conversation, I.
Speaker 1: Promise not to judge what. We listen and we don't judge. That's a TikTok trans.
Speaker 5: TikTok.
Speaker 1: You know what you do, you judge it, then maybe.
Speaker 4: She will be comfortable to I think actually all of us could take that advice in this room. We should listen and not judge her yet, because there could be a logical explanation for this, We're all going to look really stupid. If we're being as hateful as Brook is towards her, she would have.
Speaker 2: Just said the logical thing, if it was logical, Jeff, I don't want to look stupid, so listen, and then.
Speaker 7: If this doesn't go my way, I am fully welcome to judge.
Speaker 3: Yes exactly, that's actually what we do best on the show. But let's call her.
Speaker 4: We'll see if Shannon picks up, and then we'll step away and let you make your awkward call and we'll be here if you feel like you need a little bit of help, okay, with good luck.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hey it's me. I said, I don't feel like talking right now.
Speaker 7: No, we need to talk right now. What do you mean, not feel like talking right now? That's not fair.
Speaker 6: Because you just seem really upset about something that honestly I do not feel like talking about.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't think I should feel about it. Like what, I want to get this I want to get this over with. I want to hash this out.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, then just you know what, just move on what we have to hatch out.
Speaker 7: We don't have to hash out anymore. Okay, Sorry, am I not supposed to be upset when my buddy comes to me saying that you have an engagement ring on and you're hanging with some other guy.
Speaker 6: Like, what is that, Jacob? I don't want to hurt you.
Speaker 7: It's yeah, it's a little late for that. You just need to tell me whatever the truth is. Okay, I can handle it.
Speaker 6: It's hard to explain.
Speaker 7: Well, can you try, can you try for me here, please, Shannon.
Speaker 6: Well, you know my friends Sierra, right, Yeah, I know Sierra. Okay, So a couple of months ago, she set up this like hangout with some old friends. She was saying, we hadn't seen him in a while.
Speaker 8: What does this have to do with us?
Speaker 6: So one of the guys who was there to hang like, well, he was my ex So.
Speaker 7: What what does that even mean?
Speaker 6: So we hooked up and I didn't know what to say to you because you're so sweet to me. Oh my god. And I started dating him again, and I know it's messed up, I know, but I've always just wanted to have a forever relationship, be married, and so I had it in my head that I was just going to say yes to whoever proposed first. Oh, and he proposed a few nights ago.
Speaker 7: So so wait, sorry, you're actually you're really engaged. I thought I really thought there'd be some other reason to it.
Speaker 6: No, no, I am I'm engaged to someone else. I'm really sorry. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 6: What's going on?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Shannon, Shannon, we've been listening to this culture. You're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey. In the morning, we're doing something called awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 7: Oh what look? Yeah, you weren't answering my calls and I didn't know how to address this with you. I've been trying, and so I called radio station to help me get ahold of you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and no, god, I believe you did this on the radio.
Speaker 1: Maybe you shouldn't have been cheating.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: We do a lot of these phone calls, I'll tell you, Shannon, And we don't normally get a lot that end like this. Usually it's somebody playing a joke, there's some hilarious misunderstanding. Turns out, Shannon, you're just a two timing cheater, Like Helen, are you dating?
Speaker 1: For your engaged to this guy?
Speaker 7: Who are you?
Speaker 6: Why do I have to answer questions to you? I don't even know who I'm talking to at this point. You think I'm just going to answer some questions for some people I've never talked to you before.
Speaker 3: Well, it's pretty valid to the situation.
Speaker 6: Jacob's friend and we're defending your good jacome friend. He called the radio station. Now he's your friend, Yes he is.
Speaker 3: We're really cling. You don't know us.
Speaker 6: Jacob is my friend. Like, I still want him to be part of my life.
Speaker 4: Sorry, after all of this, you think Jacob would still want to be around you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Him your friend?
Speaker 6: Couldn't we stay friends? Like? I even asked my fiance to have our wedding like a year so you could have some time to heal. Because you are a good friend. And why are you there? I want you in my life.
Speaker 2: Wedding a year so that your current boyfriend get over you, that he can go.
Speaker 7: Jacob, I mean, are you insane? It's got to be a joke.
Speaker 3: Well, what does your schedule look like next next time?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't joke. You're a special guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I was joking.
Speaker 7: My schedule next year is figuring out when she's on her honeymoon and burning up her apartment.
Speaker 3: Let's bring it.
Speaker 6: Back a couple of nights.
Speaker 3: Jacob. We're on tape here, so this can be used in the court of room.
Speaker 1: I can help you to move on. Okay, yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 6: You guys, you don't know me. But I'm not a bad person. Yes, maybe I made a mistake. Maybe I should have broken up with Jacob earlier, but I'm not a bad person.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Jacob, are you willing to call this strike one and give it two more friends?
Speaker 3: You know, for in the name of friendship?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think all nine innings are over sports analogy.
Speaker 6: Okay. I wish Jacob well, I hope he has a great life else.
Speaker 4: I don't know what to say to you, Shannon, honestly, But Jacob, jeff sure.
Speaker 1: Knowing Jeffy's going to send you a wedding pressent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, guilty, I do. I do perform at weddings, so you can hire me.
Speaker 4: But Jacob, the good news is that you got the truth right, That's what you were after here.
Speaker 3: The whole time.
Speaker 1: We wasted six months on this relationship. But I mean that's another positive.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, hey, you know, since we're friends, legitimately, let's go out spend.
Speaker 8: The rest of the week drinking I'm up for it.
Speaker 3: What are you mean us right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Drinks on Jacob cool brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, out of all the calls we've done over the past year, I never thought this would be the couple that we'd be getting an update from.
Speaker 1: Wait, both of them. I thought we'd just be talking to him. I know there are a couples anymore.
Speaker 4: Jacob and Shannon are both back on So wait are they actually friends?
Speaker 3: I don't know what's going.
Speaker 7: On with you?
Speaker 3: Tipple?
Speaker 6: Hi, how are you guys?
Speaker 2: Shot?
Speaker 3: Yea the same, Yeah, you're both there. What's the situation?
Speaker 6: Well, funny story, Jacob and I are engaged? Now what We're so happy?
Speaker 2: Okay, stop talking for him for just one second, Jacob, how do you feel?
Speaker 6: I'm happy, Terry.
Speaker 8: Don't get me wrong. It's been a crazy couple of months, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: Wait wait, wait, how did the first engagement with the ex boyfriend break off?
Speaker 1: Maybe she's double engaged?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I'm not so. I guess you guys know how popular your show is. And my now ex fiance actually heard and found.
Speaker 1: Out you had a boyfriend when he proposed right, and.
Speaker 6: He said he was confused and decided that we needed to take a break.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, okay, so Jacob, where what why?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't you need congratulations, Brooke. I think you need to say congratulations to the happy couple.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, if that's how it.
Speaker 3: Goes, Yes, congratulations Jacob. Good for you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, thank you. I know, I'm very excited. You know, basically, you know, after that whole debacle with I mean, with the engagement ring and everything, I'm going to refer to it as a debacle. Okay, Shannon came to me and I mean she needed kind of guidance, she needed a friend, So yeah, I was there for Uh. We talked and I mean here we are, and we're engaged. I mean, one thing led to another and then.
Speaker 4: Some Oh it's a sweet story, Brooklyn series.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 4: I giving it a year.
Speaker 1: So now your other ex fiance can heal and come to your wedding?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it'd be smart.
Speaker 6: You know what We're just what I realized through this whole thing is that this is a relationship I should have been in the whole time. Jacob is so understanding and I know I'm not a picnic, but he really gets who I am and I think we make each other really happy.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know it took the long path to get there, but you arrived at the destination.
Speaker 3: That's what's important.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Shannon is definitely my better half. I'm looking forward to everything and going forward with her, spending life with her.
Speaker 3: So when's the wedding god.
Speaker 6: Up this winter? This winter, we're just going to keep it small, good to Mexico.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I would I would recommend not doing any like best man speeches or anything.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no story, Yeah, that's there.
Speaker 3: Too many tears of happiness.
Speaker 2: What happened.
Speaker 3: That's that's a good call, Brook.
Speaker 4: But congratulations you do keep us updated on your wild, blossoming relationship.
Speaker 6: And thank you for the help.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we deserve it. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.