Speaker 1: Kabbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow, it's the clearinghouse of hot takes. Break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny g Radio in NFL Sunday. It's week number four, the full week. We had that appetizer the other night on Thursday. We actually was a good game, well relatively speaking for teams. You don't really care about the Seahawks and the Cardinals. But we're back at it today. Danny Gee with us on the mail bag. He has sashayed his way into the Fifth Hour podcast remote studio, fingam a jig. That that's what we do is from early on a Sunday morning, Danny and we have NFL football. Very shortly. There's a game in Ireland today that'll be kicking off. Yeah, what is up with that? Vikings and Steelers? Do you see Aaron Rodgers complaining because the Steelers did not go to Ireland early in the week and he didn't have any to go out.
Speaker 3: Insert baby crying effects here.
Speaker 4: He said, it looks like a pretty country from the pictures.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that he can afford to go there on his own time, but I guess he wanted a work life balance situation. Is that where he wanted to go and enjoy the scenery and all that. And these guys are such coddle babies, these professional athletes. Did you see they were complaining because the Steelers did not fly first class to Ireland. The Vikings had a first class plane and the Steelers didn't have a first class plane. And it's, uh, I gotta tell you again, Danny, we're around the same age, Like this is one of those things, right, It's like we were growing up. It's like you wore that as a badge of honor, that you did it the heart away. Right now it's you go on social media and complain because you didn't have a nice enough plane to go to Ireland.
Speaker 4: Suck it, Steelers, because the immaculate reception actually hit the turf.
Speaker 1: There you go, not that you're still bitter and broken about.
Speaker 4: I wasn't around for it, but the video footage that doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: Yes, conspiracies, do do do do do do do do do do do do do do.
Speaker 1: What's gonna happen? Speaking of conspiracies, I saw this week that they're planning on going back to the.
Speaker 3: Moon Artemis two.
Speaker 1: Is that a private thing or is that a NASA thing? I think it's a NASA thing this time. Okay, all right, So there's people that believe this was fake when they went the first time. So are they going to say this fake?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 1: Is it what if it looks a lot different this time because they have better cameras now than they did then, right?
Speaker 4: People who say that the flag on the Moon wouldn't have waved like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard that, And then I think there was an engineer that said the reason was it was like that was because of the craft that landed on the on the Moon. I forget, I have to go back and check, but I heard an explanation why it was like that. And then I've also those people that are convinced it was filmed actually in southern California where we are in the high desert, that they went out and filmed it in the high desert in that So whatever, Well, I'm sure we'll hear much more about that. When is that going to happen, like ten years from now or something. It always takes a long time for these things to happen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, way before they jumped homeless people off from Palmdale.
Speaker 1: Well they have more if they want to dump more people off of Palmdale, there's plenty. Look at it, says twenty twenty seven. That's not that far away. That's not that far away, says a crew should be on the lunar surface of the Moon in twenty twenty seven, and says the land is being developed by space X. It's not ready. It's not ready, and so okay, not worried about that. We have NFL football today. And have you given up on your Raiders yet? Danny one and two are used to get looking forward to seeing them take down the Bears today? Are you fired up for that?
Speaker 4: The Chicago defense stinks against the run, and the Raiders o line has been atrocious, as we mentioned last weekend on the pod. Hopefully gent doesn't get hit behind the line of scrimmage every time he touches the ball. Hopefully Pete Carroll's son and dad stops being so damned stubborn about how they pieced together that line.
Speaker 1: That would be good. You have the highest paid offensive coordinator in the NFL, Chip Kelly, you might want to improve the offense and even the numbers of the Raiders who put up on offense. At that game in Washington that was there was some major garbage time stat stuffing. Danny g As you you watched that game because Gino had a couple of touchdowns on the fourth quarter and a bunch of yards and he didn't really play all that. Well, I'll be at the Ram game today. Rams are playing Danny Dimes in the Colts.
Speaker 4: Who are you don't say I'm gonna be at the Rams game later today too?
Speaker 1: Is that right? Look at you? Unbelievable, amazing. Where are you're gonna be? Maybe we'll catch up? Who knows?
Speaker 4: Our boss did a raffle back on Friday and Iowa Sam won a pair of the tickets and I want a pair of the tickets.
Speaker 1: Look at that? Unbelievable. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when you're doing your whole media schmooze fest.
Speaker 1: Well, if you want, I can bring you a little gift packet if you want, are you going with your wife? Who you're going with?
Speaker 4: I got a few hours here to figure that out. I have a couple of people fighting over the second ticket I have.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got you, all right, Well, that's cool. I didn't know they had a raffle. I wasn't invited to the raffle. I had no idea. Well, you don't ever check your work emails. That's true, that is correct. I do not check the work email at all. But I will beat the game today, so I'm looking forward to to seeing if the Rams can bounce back after they coughed up a fur a ball against the Eagles. What a terrible loss that was. And I'll be watching on my laptop. While I'm watching the Ram game, I'll be watching the Ravens and the Chiefs, which is the big game in the late television window today, and then tonight I will watch the Packers and the Dallas Cowboys. So this should be a good day. And so last day of the baseball season, last day of the regular season in baseball. So there's still still some stuff, not much, but still some stuff to be sorted out. Yay, all right, let's get to the well, we'll catch up to the ramby. Let's get to the mail bag. It's time for the mail bag. Here we go.
Speaker 3: It's this mail bag.
Speaker 1: All right, very exciting. Thank you, ohio al. These are actual letters by actual listeners. And if you'd like to send a letter into the mail bag, you can do that. Cara Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. That's Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. First up on the mail bag is Alf from Podcasts Gone By Alf Write Sin says, first and foremost, why are AirPods so hard to hang on to? I agree, I once dropped, Alf says my AirPods at work under a paper cutter. And by papercutter, I don't mean the kind you had in grammar school. I mean the kind that weighs thousands of pounds and has a forty five inch blade that weighs fifty pounds? Does out you think Alf works at it's like the office. He works at a paper mill. You think he works at a paper company. I don't know anyway.
Speaker 3: That's what it sounds like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does, it says I like you. Ben was on my hands and knees fishing around for a loan earbud, only to move some machinery and find the missing earbud broken due to my movements of set machinery, he says, hashtag fun fact. Amazon sells individual buds that pair fine with working earbuds. I did not know that.
Speaker 3: Did you know that?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that. So if you lose if you lose an AirPod, you can get If you lose one, you can get another one. That's pretty cool. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Off.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to remember that because I inevitably I'm a klutz. I will absolutely lose them at some point. I know it's going to happen. Although this week I am proud of myself, Dany. I went to the gym a couple time, and I made sure to not open the air pods until I got into the gym, and then when I got to the car after the gym, I didn't take them out of my ears until the door of the car was closed. Therefore they could not fall out of the car and on to the turf or the not the turf, the asphalt there and be lost.
Speaker 3: So good job by you, thank you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that, and Alf says, secondly, going back to Friday's pod, a little known fun fact about yours truly is that my grandfather on my mother's side was a lumberjack in ken Yet yesterday was lumberjack lumberjack Day, he says. A unfund fact is that he met his untimely demise in nineteen fifty two, when my mother was only sixteen years old, due to a tree that he was cutting falling the wrong way. Hashtag be downer. Wow, he says, I thought these podcasts were supposed to be fun. At least the audio quality is top not signed your favorite audio snob. Yeah, no, Alf, you have high standards and that's good. God forbid. Someone listening to a radio show wants to actually hear the show. What's wrong with You? Reggie from Detroit writes, and he says, hey guys, hey Ben, what's going on with producer lead A Lap I listened to your show and the Joners Show after yours. He's been away for a while. Nobody's said anything from Reggie. I have no idea, right, that's not my show. I like Lee. I don't know what's going on with that, and hopefully he'll be back.
Speaker 3: But I was he just on vacation?
Speaker 1: Maybe No, I don't think he was on vacation.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Oh, so hopefully he'll be back again.
Speaker 3: That's that's not right now and wake him up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not not a good idea. Next up, we have what is this? Jose rights and it says mister has a high band and mister g Jose here originally from NorCal, now living somewhere in Massachusetts. As a kid growing up, I was the biggest San Francisco Giants fan. I never missed the game, even listening to games on the radio when they were not on TV. Analytics and the DH in the National League and interleague play ruined baseball for me. The pitchers are soft as baby poop. Oh lola. Now, I can't stand baseball. Jose says it is boring. He says, like soccer. Do you think you'll ever give up on the Dodgers. I know that's hard for you because of your job, but the Dodgers suck and are too soft. My daughter Marlene says, hi, she's nine and nine says here she's beieve It says she's nine and loves the podcast.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 1: Well, hello to Marlene, thank you for listening. And Jose, will I ever give up the Dodgers, though the Dodgers have kind of given up me though since they got Otani. It's not the same. So let's just say I don't have as much love for the Dodgers as I did a few years ago. When they do you dirty, yeah, you kind of move away from where you had been. But that, you know, everyone's got decisions to make in life, and what they make, you know, is in a decision that the Dodger PR staff made their decision. And let's just say, I'm not as engaged as I had been in the past.
Speaker 3: You missed that Angels type treatment that you was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, No, It's just it's been eye opening the last couple of years. That's all I'll say. That's all I'll say on that one. He also says, why don't you put the meat and greet events on YouTube? We love to see more of you guys. That is from jose and his daughter Marlene. So sure. The only issue with that is someone would have to record those things for YouTube. The YouTube channel is run by Fox Sports Radio and the IT department at Fox Sports Radio, and the company has chosen to not invest in the meet and greet. So these are things that we do on our own. They don't give us any kind of a budget because it's just our own event, so they'd have to send somebody out there that would cost them money. I'm guessing that will not happen, Jose, but I would love for it. I've I've pitched for years that they spend a little money, get some advertisers, Let's do a bunch of meet and Greece. Let's do one every other month and just go around and promote them in the whole thing. But they've chosen to go a different direction on that, so I don't think that's going to happen. Ferg Dog in Fullerton, writes and says evening, gentlemen, Evening.
Speaker 3: Says Fergie Ferg. Yeah, it's not the evening for us right now.
Speaker 1: Good news, guys, I finally completed my Disney autograph book. Well, congratulations for a dog. I've got every single mask got in there. I had to put up with a lot of crying kids to get them, especially a few weeks ago, but I got them. He said, well, what do you think the hardest one to get out of the Disney characters?
Speaker 3: Wehl airly Goofy.
Speaker 4: That's what he's referring to if you're hear a podcast or I think three weekends again.
Speaker 1: To celebrate the occasion, I'd like to ask what your favorite Disney movie was growing up. Take as much time as you need to think it over. I've got all day, it says the Engaging fur Dog. When it comes to that favorite Disney movie, I all some all of them. Uh, you know the one I liked that's underrated, it's in my head right now is the cartoon version of Robin Hood. I like that a lot. I thought that was pretty cool. That was a Disney movie, right, the cartoon one. Remember the original Robin Hood?
Speaker 3: Oh, the old school Robb the og.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always liked that one. I thought that was a cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My grandmother took us to the drive in to see that when I was a little kid. Oh man, that's old school.
Speaker 1: Yeah, on multiple layers? Is that old school?
Speaker 3: She got us some Pioneered Chicken before we went to the theater.
Speaker 1: The Pioneer's a couple left, only a couple of Pioneered Chicken left. A classic location two locations in southern California. I believe there's two locations in southern California. Yeah, I mean I saw all the Disney movies my parents. My mom loved Disney stuff. She had the whole Disney collection growing up, so we watched everything, everything, everything. You have a favorite Disney movie, Danny was? What was yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Disney household Man.
Speaker 4: Too many to list, but the one I'll I'll talk about the one CoA has been watching on repeat and I love it. Cars Oh, Cars Yeah, yeah, Lightning McQueen and mader. I saw Cars three for the first time a few nights back, and CoA has been collecting all the different characters from Cars.
Speaker 1: No, that's cool, cos still way too small to go on the actual Cars ride though.
Speaker 3: Right, you can't too small for that? Yeah, too small for that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: We took him in cars Land inside California Adventure and he loved it.
Speaker 1: No, that's cool.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: As a kid man, that must be like just your eyes popping out of your head, like this is unbelievable, this is crazy. Scott from Florida writes in on the Mailbag the Fifth Hour podcast. If you'd like to send a message in for some reason, if you didn't listen at the beginning you fast forwarded through the mailbag, send us a question. It won't be used today, but it'll be used next week on the mailbag Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Scott says, hey, Ben and Danny, Ben, you joked about somebody drinking an Arnold Palmer by the pool the other day and your Marconi deserving Mallard monologues. If someone were to create a Ben Maler and or a Danny g what would the drink entail? A Scott from Florida would have some orange juice, of course, maybe a drop of salt water to ensure the crazy in Florida is represented, and a squeeze of waffle House syrup for a sweetener as an ode to the waffle House hurricane index. Finally, Florida being a vacation destination. I think it's got to be rum for the alcohol. What are your thoughts? That's Scott from Florida. So I'd love to have a drink. We've got the food dishes in Kansas City and in Denver, and I'd love to have the drink. That would be wonderful. Still want the malard pizza? Would like that malard pizza would be good. Mallard cheeseburger double cheeseburger would be solid as well. I don't know what jee I mean. I'm not a huge drinker. I'm guessing it would be a It would be a fruit based drink, like a cranberry, maybe some orange mixed together, and you know, I'm open. I'm open to it. We could get creative of that would be a good idea. Danny go into a bar. We got a lot of bartenders that listen to the show. Got a guy into Moine for example, going there and just like futs around with different combinations and see what you like and then boom at your drink.
Speaker 3: Why not?
Speaker 1: What about you?
Speaker 3: You know? I would go prune juice and rum. I'd call it the prum prune juice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you could get faded and clean out your system all at the same time.
Speaker 1: The two for one special, the daily double Danny's there, you go, even health nuts mixed with the party people and they'd be pushing up to the bar saying, you know, I want the Danny jeep.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, So you're going away from the original Danny g which was was that the Roofies was at the original No, I'm.
Speaker 4: Kidding, I'm from the Garadelli family, not the Pudding Pop family.
Speaker 1: Hello, Eric is thank you by the way, Scott from Florida, you signed your name. Good job by you. Eric in Chula Vista, Eric from Just Sunday, I go away, beautiful Cheula Vista. Do I get Cardiff by the Sea? Can I get a Cardiff by the Sea? Get a East County, North County? Come on anyway? Eric and Cheula Vista rights and says, hey, Ben and Danny g I have been a secret non caller p one for years. Good job by you, Eric, He says. When the podcast first launched, you and Gagon begged us to help goose the numbers by downloading it on every device and site, grandparents' phones, smart toasters, you name it. That's right, and Eric says, So when I visited my mom, I sneakily subscribed her to your podcast. Fast forward five years. She calls me in a panic, saying her phone is super low on space. Story continues. Eric says, funny thing is since she he only knows how to make an answer calls and only knows how to read and not send text messages. I checked the storage and discovered her phone had become the Library of Congress for the fifth hour podcast. Every single episode, every single episode was still there. It turns out I never said it to auto delete, so she was basically carrying around the Smithsonian of your podcast. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: That is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you for that. Eric, that's great. So it takes about according to this, it takes about five years to save up every podcast and then eventually you have to delete the podcast because you have no more space on your phone yet. And we still support that. Eric, I'm glad you brought that up because we haven't brought this issue to the podcast in a while. But when I did do it with Gagon, who retired to Florida years ago, and I've had a great time with Danny g But when we we used to beg people, Danny, because we figured out that a lot of a lot of people have older parents and grandparents or whatever and obviously older and they have their phones and they can download the podcast, they can subscribe, so we can, as Eric said, here goose the numbers a little bit by having kids subscribe their parents to the podcast, and it does.
Speaker 3: Work pretty surest law, Wow.
Speaker 1: It's a law. It's podcasting. There are no laws, right, it's all it's the wild Wild West man, it's podcasting.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I do appreciate your support, Eric, and you are in the silent majority, because trust me, if we only went by the people that participate in these radio shows and podcasts, we would not have very many people who are participating or who are listening. But we have many, many more people who are just silently listening and ease dropping in into whatever we're talking about. So thank you, Eric, andologize to you mom. I hope she's okay, And just delete a bunch of them and then don't delete the follow. Do not delete the follow. Lucky Tony writes in from the Bay Area. He says, Hey, Ben and Danny g. I have been listening to the twenty seventeen podcast Here we Go Again, twenty seventeen podcast and Waiting Live show. I can't believe how many people go back and hear those old Why would you go back and hear an old podcast? I don't get it.
Speaker 4: The reason why, Ben, that's when you had your best roster on your overnight show.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, there you go, the old days, the salad days. It has changed a lot over the year, anyway, says Waiting for the live show to be downloaded to listen to have y' all played Terry's song? Did I miss it?
Speaker 3: Or will it be?
Speaker 1: On the podcast? He says, Raiders twenty three, Bears thirteen, Lock it in your thoughts Bears. So he's lucky to he's a Bears fan, but he's picking the Raiders to beat the Bears today.
Speaker 4: About that, you know, a Chicago fan called me on the studio lines a few days back and told me, here's what's up with my team. We look good one week, and we look like crap the next week. So you get us on a week where we're going to lose, and I hope he's right.
Speaker 3: He knows his team.
Speaker 1: There's been a lot of chatter about the Bears have figured everything out because they beat up the Cowboys last week, and normally the team that is getting a lot of media shine does not live up to that shine the following game. So we'll see what happens. Kevin and Kansas writes in on the mail bag. He says, Dear Ben and Danny g my sister in law sent some pictures of the progress of the BUCkies going up in Goodyear, Arizona. Hell yeah, it looks like it will be June as the new opening did.
Speaker 3: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: Originally, Danny, this was supposed to be done by Christmas of this year, and now here we are. This is the last weekend in September and the last Sunday in September, and so they've already pushed that back, according to Kevin, until June of twenty twenty six. Ben, would you consider doing your show live from BUCkies in Arizona? And Danny G would you consider providing DJ services for the grand opening? Let me see here, is that a paying gig. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna speak for Danny G. I'm gonna go. Hell yeah, Danny, you would be willing to do that?
Speaker 4: Hell yeah yeah if they gave me some big BUCkies money. But usually those kind of gigs the assistant manager under the manager says, I got a buddy that'll do the gig for one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and that would absolutely. Kevin love to do the show from BUCkies. They would have to write a check though, to the company. They don't just send me out to those things unless they're getting some cash and all that. It would be fun. I do plan on going there. I guess you'd have to go in June though. You don't want to go to Arizona in July, right, you don't want to go to Arizona July or August.
Speaker 3: Even in June.
Speaker 4: It's pretty Toasta pretty been there in July it felt like a furnace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's brutal, brute taddled for sure. What are you wearing for the Ram game today, Danny? You're a Raider fan. You don't care about the colts of the Rams.
Speaker 3: Like what I'm gonna wear Dodger gear?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right? A last one, last one on the mailbag from Ben H. Ben H writes in says, Hello, Ben, I have never seen a person hate a player on his own team like you despise Clayton Kershaw. His playoff struggles are way overblown. You, of all people, should remember the horrid Dodgers offense of the early to made twenty tens. These terrible offensive performances greatly.
Speaker 4: Effencd Ben, take that, Ben, take it.
Speaker 1: Take it greatly affected his win loss record, which is thirteen and thirteen, not under five hundred. Taically said, no bad job by you, Ben. What I said is in games started by Clayton Kershaw, the Dodgers have a losing record, and that's the games he got a no decision in. It's the complete body of his work, playoff games started by Clayton Kershaw. If you go to his playoff game log, the Dodgers have a losing record when he started in the playoffs, they lost more times than they won, says the other great pitchers of his generation, Schuerzer and Verlander both have postseason in the areas over three. I like how Ben conveniently leaves off Madison Bumgardner, yet you never bring them up as playoff chokers. Even the great Pedro Martinez has a postseason in the ara of three point four to six. Hardly clutch, as you called him in your tie rade against Kershaw. If Dave Roberts pulled Kershaw when any other manager would have, instead of leaving him in to die, his EI would have been very good in the postseason. Since twenty fifteen, he has had two years worthy of criticism, twenty nineteen and twenty thirteen. One game. Do better Ben from Ben age? Listen, there's nothing to debate. I do like the Dodgers. I do not do hero worship. I just don't. It was the most ridiculous thing the Dodgers did.
Speaker 4: I was embarrassed you did in your thirties, though, Remember when you got that Judeo Nomo tattoo on your left ask cheek.
Speaker 1: Trying not to talk about that, Danny, Please, all right, I'm going to get that removed. Nobody sees my ass, but no, but seriously, like listen, I felt sad for the Dodgers. Embarrassing what the Dodgers did when they dug up the rubber at Dodgers Stadium. It was so pathetic. So so just you tell me to do better, I say, the Dodgers need to do better. He's a freaking he's cleaners, a great regular season player, Hall of Fame, regular season pitcher, and the reason the Dodgers do not have two or three more World Series championships because of his competence. And you can spin it any way you want, and you know, knock yourself out. Clayton Kershaw did not elevate his performance in the playoffs. He didn't remember this was it seven nothing Cardinals. Dodgers had a seven nothing lead against the Cardinals. Remember that that playoff game the Phillies in the early or late as.
Speaker 4: Man the number one thing I don't like about this topic or conversation is I buried those bat memories. I don't want them coming to the front of them.
Speaker 1: I understand, but it's just I just it's fair.
Speaker 3: Didn't happen. It didn't happen. It didn't happen.
Speaker 1: Well, I was at a lot of those games back in those days, and I witnessed. I saw it, and I was the one sing, next time is gonna be okay, Kershaw is going to be fine next time? And then he'd be out there and he'd be in the cockpit in the vomit comment, and I mean, like, what is he doing? He sucks again? I was like, come on, it's it was always.
Speaker 4: An ex But he would have, let's be honest, he would have got that one against the Strows if they weren't cheating. And he did finally shake it off the last two World series that we got. So, I mean, you can say that it's not enough redemption, but at least he's had some redemption.
Speaker 1: Not enough to have a state funeral. Okay, much God so stupid? Oh he crap? I mean, did they have any shame over there? It is so over the top at Dodger stadium. It's embarrassing. Okay, he's a human being. Stop, he's not a god. He's not a Demi god. It's like so stupid, it's so dumb. I said five years ago he should have retired, And finally he's gonna retire and the Dodgers will be fine. They're not gonna miss Clayton Kershaw because he's that's it. It's time for him to go do something else. And he'll still be out at all the games anyway. They're gonna they're gonna give him the Kofax package where they pay him a couple hundred thousand dollars a year to come out and take photos and kiss babies and shake hands and all that stuff. So he's not going anywhere. That's it, though, Thank you, Ben. He doesna say he loves the show, and I appreciate you listening. Ben. And I've gotten some email Danny from Dodger fish and they start, I used to like your show, but you know it's because of the Kershaw thing. They're so they're so bitter.
Speaker 4: In my response, I saw it in the comments. You had more than one person quit on you.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and again, as we like to say, Danny, First of all, if you're going to stop listening to a show because you didn't like a take the person had, then you're not really a fan of the show. You're a fake fan, okay, because I ideal in a lot of takes, IM in the industrial concrete.
Speaker 3: Now you're pissing off the other half of our list.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just a real fan. Does not quit something because of one take that you don't agree with, that's a fake fan. And secondly, the Ben Mahler Show is a radio show. It is not an airport. You do not have to announce your departure. You don't have to say that the doors are closed. If you don't want to listen, do not like.
Speaker 3: It's fine.
Speaker 1: There are other things you can listen to, bad audio somewhere else or whatever. You don't have to listen. But it's like if I, as I point, I go to a restaurant and I don't like, I like I used to go to Canner's Deli in La I used to eat. I used to live right off near Fairfax there and used to go there quite a bit, and I haven't been there in years. I didn't I didn't call Canners up and say I'm not going there anymore. I just stop going. That's that's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well there's this thing called Yelp, and there's some a holes on there that do do what you're describing. Let's let's just hope this podcast and your Overnight show, for the most part, are like a really good restaurant where we keep the client.
Speaker 1: Tell yeah, yeah, we want to keep everyone everyone around. Am I not entitled to have a grudge against Clayton Kershe? I think I am entitled.
Speaker 4: To have a great Oh that's fine. I think the one thing I would like on your Overnight show, and I don't know if it happened. I know Eddie's not there anymore. I know Coop maybe isn't as involved that much on the microphone, but in Lorena doesn't know sports all that much. Oh, this list keeps going.
Speaker 1: You want to keep going.
Speaker 4: It's going to be somebody there to keep you in line, to give you some pushback. You know, if I was still on your Overnight show, I would have been pushing back and we would have argued a little bit.
Speaker 1: There's nothing to push back on. I've reached.
Speaker 3: There's so much to push back on.
Speaker 1: Your takes every night is a Mallard masterpiece. There's no need to push it is. You know what I have done, Danny, I've reached the Goldilock zone. I have reached the Goldilock zone. That is where I am right now. All right, Well, put the baby to bed. Maybe i'll see you today at the Ram game, Danny, let me know where you're gonna be. Send Simon.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you're gonna see me with a big plate of food wrapped in paper towels.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're just going there to eat. You're pretty much just going there to eat gretty much.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be like that time I went to the La Kings hockey game, sat there, watched a few minutes, saw good fat a pretzel, and then left.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's about to move. That's about to move. All right, we'll get out on that. Have a wonderful rest of your son. I'll be back tonight in the studio the Mothership there for the overnight show, talking about all these NFL games. The Cowboys and the Packers will mention baby, the Rams will come up, all the big games will come up, and we'll talk to you.
Speaker 3: Then Austa pasta mapulation