Speaker 1: Good morning, you would say, yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo Jess, hilarious, Good morning, Charlamagne, the God.
Speaker 3: Peaks to the plan. It is Tuesday.
Speaker 4: How y'all feel out there? I feel blessed, black and holly favored. Happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: That's right, how you feeling, Jess?
Speaker 5: Good morning?
Speaker 2: Look yo?
Speaker 6: I was wondering, right, Look, because y'all been married for a while, how do y'all like keep reinventing Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: Reinventing it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because it's like, you know, well, not reinvent basically, Yeah, make it special, make her feel great?
Speaker 5: And how do they make you feel great? Because it's not.
Speaker 6: I've never felt like it's all about the woman. It's not about the woman, it's the couple. Like, what do y'all do? Do y'all just be chilling?
Speaker 5: Do y spend masses amount of money every year?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: If you don't do anything, you haven't done anything for a long time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then that's what you expected on Valentine's Day?
Speaker 4: And then you can say silly stuff like everything isou every day is Valentine's Day.
Speaker 5: I hate that.
Speaker 6: That's the first day somebody would say every day, day, every day.
Speaker 4: That's the truth, though it's just a day. I don't even know what day it is.
Speaker 2: But you know what I don't I don't go out on Valentine's Day. Every time we go out with the White we never have a good time, Like they try to rush you in and out. They seem like they cook the food fast because there's so many people and they're trying to get no matter what restaurant. Yeah, so flowers an extra extra expensive. Everything is extra expensive on Valentine's Day. So Valentine's Day we just spend at the crib. We just watch movies, just date and then we go out the day before and day after. But we spent like it's a couple of days. But the Valentine's Day going out and they rush you out the whole the you know, the restaurant, the restaurant's cooking fast to get more people in.
Speaker 4: Don't let society pressure you into having to celebrate on that day.
Speaker 3: There's too much pressure for no reason.
Speaker 4: And Trump putting tariffs on everything you're putting tariffs on countries that have a lot of Valentine's Day stuff. I don't know if that's that's a good true chocolate.
Speaker 3: You're true, I don't know that. I don't know chocolate like chocolate. I don't even know what late come from places I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm here, I have, but we get we get the majority of them from the No, I don't know about that.
Speaker 2: I don't what you read yesterday on the list.
Speaker 3: You just like flowers in chocolate.
Speaker 2: Mexico was avocados Hershey, Pennsylvania is right up the street.
Speaker 4: Okay, they make chocolate there. All I'm simply saying is Valentine's There is just another day. Don't put too much pressure on yourself.
Speaker 5: I have a dinner, right and instead of taking I don't know.
Speaker 6: Chris was like, man, first of all, yeah, yeah he did.
Speaker 5: He just don't mind you.
Speaker 6: But but I wanted Shanea to come right, and I'm trying to get her to wear a gown celebrate.
Speaker 5: Yes they did.
Speaker 6: What do you mean they're regular people like talk about Yes they do. They celebrated, Okay, and she's all a dress girl.
Speaker 5: What it's like.
Speaker 6: I don't want her in no suit at the dinner because it's a formal event.
Speaker 2: You're gonna bring a third person to a date on Valentine, she's.
Speaker 4: Gonna she's gonna have a and you had to wear suit, yes, because.
Speaker 5: The girl is wearing a dress. Yeah, they can't. They can't know.
Speaker 6: People won't think they homegirls if they come and wear a dress together.
Speaker 4: Like, no, just swear sweatsuits like they always Yes, no sweatsuits.
Speaker 5: That's no. They that's no. Studs don't date each other.
Speaker 3: Oh, studs don't date each other.
Speaker 6: No, that is against the rule book. That is like, yeah, that's doubles.
Speaker 7: Lord.
Speaker 4: Mexicans celebrate Valentine's Day on February fourteenth. They call it d dell a more wise amistad, which translates the day of loving friendship. And that's what Valentine's they should be. That's what every day should be, a day of loving.
Speaker 6: Okay, why do we need that Mexican fact because you're dating the Mexican Like what you're talking about?
Speaker 4: Anyway, you ready get the show cracking, that's we are, all right, Well, let's get the show cracking when we come back.
Speaker 2: We got front page dudes. Morgan would be breaking down everything and of course get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one on five to one. It's the Breakfast Club. Go more warning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlemagne the God. We are to breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 8: Good morning Morgan, Good morning, DJ MV, Charlomagne the God and Jess Hilarious.
Speaker 5: Y'all do it all right this morning?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 8: So here's the latest on the front page news, and we'll talk tariff securing the border. But first, it is Black History Month, but the reality is not so much in the military, as celebrations have been canceled, with Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth saying identity months are dead at DoD. This comes as the federal government is starting to end cultural diversity celebrations. The Department of Defense and the Department of Transportation announced over the weekend that officials won't commemorate cultural awareness months going forward. This will end the recognition of months like Black History Month, Women's History Month, Pride Month among federal officials now. The new leader of the Department of Defense, Pete Hegseth, confirmed there will be no celebrations of quote immutable characteristics among employees. The changes come following President Trump claims that diversity programs were responsible for the deadly mid air collision over Washington, Washington, DC.
Speaker 4: Any thoughts, uh, does he not understand that this? I would think that this helps to raise the morale of people in the military. Like, you know, everybody wants to be seen. Everybody wants to be represented. You know, whether you're black, whether you teen, o, whether you.
Speaker 3: A woman, whatever it is Asian.
Speaker 4: Like, you know, if you you want to rep your set while you're repping the American military, you still want to rep your individual, individual set. And I think that's one of the cool things about the military that, you know, regardless of what you are, it brings everybody together in this one, you know, uniformed faction.
Speaker 2: I think it's obvious that Trump doesn't care, he doesn't get and I don't think any anybody that's under his reign cares about any of that.
Speaker 8: But to Charlemagne's point, you know, it could boost morale to at least be celebrated on a you know, celebrate your culture, celebrate your heritage, celebrate something about yourself outside of what you are doing for your service that you're doing for the most demo.
Speaker 4: You know, definitely why I'm they want to drink some tequille, eat some doco, like you can't celebrate each other.
Speaker 8: Listen, you segue right into what I'm trying to talk about. So US Defense Secretary Peter Hegseth said, it's a new era at the southern border. So all that Sinko to Mayo, tacos, tequila stuff you're talking about, nah, hegseeth along with borders are Tom Homan visited El Paso, Texas on Monday to meet with troops manning the border, saying it's time for the US to gain control of.
Speaker 5: The border with Mexico. Let's hear more from Pete Hexath.
Speaker 9: Guys and gals of my generation have spent decades in foreign countries guarding other people's borders. It's about time we secure our own boarder the charge that the President has given US operational control of the southern border.
Speaker 8: So Hegseth also blamed the Biden administration for allowing undocumented migrants to come into the country. This, of course, comes as Trump declared a national emergency at the border, signed several executive orders to crack down on immigration at the start of his second term.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get the boarder under control.
Speaker 4: I just don't understand why they being fun police with everything else, Like, what does you know, people not being able to represent I guess their individual identities. What they got to do with getting the board under control?
Speaker 8: Oh, it's all about It's all about the border. You know, everything boils down and boils back to the border. I mean, helicopter crashes, plane crashes. It's DEI and the border.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure. I don't know.
Speaker 8: But speaking of Mexico, we were talking about tariffs yesterday, right, tariff's on Mexico and Canada. Well, they will be put on hold for a month following meetings with officials. President Trump's decision comes after he met with Mexican President Claudia Scheinbaum on Monday and Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau later that afternoon. In a post on x, Shinbaum said Mexico will send ten thousand National Guard members to the US border to prevent drug trafficking into the US. On truth Social Trump said the US will negotiate with Mexico to attempt to get a deal done regarding tariffs between the two countries. He spoke more about that at the White House yesterday. Here's what present that Trump had to say on tariffs in Mexico.
Speaker 10: We're going to have a big negotiation with Mexico. I'll be involved too, and President Shitenbaum will be involved to see whether or not we can work something out on the tariffs.
Speaker 3: We've agreed to talk.
Speaker 10: And consider various other things. We haven't agreed on tariffs yet, and maybe we will, maybe we won't, but we have a very good relationship.
Speaker 8: In regards to Canada, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on social media that after a good call with Trump, Canada will implement a one point three billion dollar plan to reinforce the ten thousand frontline personnel working to protect the border and stopping the flow of fence. And all tariffs against China are still set to go in effect, although Trump said a deal could be made to avoid them. When asked about Canada what he would do to change the tariffs, Trump said he would like to see Canada become the fifty first US team.
Speaker 3: So what else we got? Man supe Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 4: Theself with this foolishnesss Okay.
Speaker 5: Well, I will tell you since you are based in New York.
Speaker 8: New York Mayor Eric Adams, he said his team is reviewing on how the tariffs will impact New Yorkers. He said that he's gonna approach it and basically work with the administration. We've heard this before, and he reiterated that the borders do need to be safe. Of course, this is a warning call you guys have. Things have been pushed back for about a month. So keep in mind that if these tariffs are in place, things like maple syrup, beer, whiskey, lobster, eggs, beef, pork, salmon, wheat, cheese, tequila, like you said earlier, avocado, peppers, beans, mangoes, limes, things like that will be impacted. So you might want to just go ahead and head out to the store and stock up on those things. Possibly also domestic and foreign auto industry will stand to be impacted, along with gas, energy, steel.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we'll keep you.
Speaker 8: Guys posted as to what's going on with the tariffs, and in the next hour we'll talk about the sovereign wealth.
Speaker 2: Fun Yay, now you mentioned the mayor New York backworking. I know he was sick at one time, and he was taking a couple of days off. But he's back working.
Speaker 5: Yees s, Yeah, he is back in the fold.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well that is front page news. Now get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines or wide open again. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest, whether you're mad or blast.
Speaker 5: I hate the way that you walk the.
Speaker 11: Win did you talk? I hate the way you dress.
Speaker 5: Everything when near is best.
Speaker 2: Call up now eight hundred five eight five five one.
Speaker 5: Not just me, I'm what the coach of philing.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Good morning? This is James. Came from North Carolinas.
Speaker 2: James, get it off your chest? Brother?
Speaker 3: Uh none much?
Speaker 7: Good morning everyone. Uh Jazzy jests, what's up?
Speaker 5: What's that? What's up?
Speaker 2: Hell?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 7: I saw this advertisement on Instagram the other day about these snookers that give it there for men, it gives you three inches of height. They like lifts and have me thinking.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 7: At first, I was like, that's a pretty good idea, But then I thought this isn't that lion?
Speaker 4: Kind of like that is dealing with that is so lame? Why why would you want to do that? That's so corny? Why why can't we just be happy with what God gave us?
Speaker 5: Because what if he's like for a and he's sick of it, He's.
Speaker 4: Still four eleven even in them sneakers, and you're gonna look extra dumber you come out to them sneakers in front of your whatever girl you're trying to impress.
Speaker 3: Was like, what happened?
Speaker 7: Getting too That's what I was getting to like, it isn't that lion.
Speaker 12: It's kind of like women.
Speaker 7: With the weave when the push up balls and all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yes, a lot of people use the stakers and they say the sneakers actually work and you can't tell, like they look natural, and they even got something else where they put a heel in the sneaker to make you look a little tall as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they look natural till you take them off. Imagine you meet the girl your dreams you're talking about, you, I met this dude, he five, he about five nine five until you take them sneakers off, and then she's like, what the hell hell?
Speaker 3: Clown?
Speaker 6: Though, because literally just was like out wigs and push up bros.
Speaker 5: That is totally different. What are you talking?
Speaker 2: It's the same thing. No, it's the same thing. You meet this girl, she got big ass breasts and then she take off her brod.
Speaker 3: The breast still big.
Speaker 5: They's not not sitting up.
Speaker 2: On the floor. But to take off your.
Speaker 5: Like five five and I thought she was five eight? Is disrespectful?
Speaker 2: That is or the same thing. You got beautiful hair? You think your head is so beautiful that she put the wig on the on the side, the same thing.
Speaker 3: I don't mind.
Speaker 7: I thought that's what I thought, the same thing.
Speaker 3: Wig.
Speaker 4: It's different because it's not like she's trying to pretend that her hair is actually her head with a wig.
Speaker 3: You know it's a wig.
Speaker 5: You're trying to act like you will Smith with you, Carlson.
Speaker 3: Now I gotta freaking jeff you and throw your ass.
Speaker 2: Up right, Jesus, thank you, Robert, you don't know what? Definitely every color? Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 3: Was that?
Speaker 12: The DJ rock? Mister Myrtle Beach?
Speaker 2: What's that murder? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: What's happening in the myrtle man? I love Murtle Beach grew up in Myrtle beach mana talimane?
Speaker 12: What's that?
Speaker 7: Mane? What's that?
Speaker 3: What's happening? Brother?
Speaker 13: Like?
Speaker 12: I heard this lady call up like a monosaur go trying to get you fly with talking about a hand from you and all that looking. Man, somebody to call and let Jeff know to he a barbershop legend for real? Le you fine, let me tell you what happened. Yet, remember there was a clip on your Instagram that you did. I think like some your boyfriend woke you up and was like, who was just on your phone or something like that.
Speaker 2: You like, who's this?
Speaker 7: Who's this?
Speaker 12: You have some red Painty's on.
Speaker 7: Landing in the bed?
Speaker 12: Look at everybody in the bob shop was talking about that that day.
Speaker 6: That was so many years ago, wasn't it wasn't there like six or seven or eight years ago or something.
Speaker 12: Everybody came in the barber shop. Man, you've seen that clip with Jeff.
Speaker 7: She was looking in the bed. Little boyfriend woke up.
Speaker 6: Everybody was like, yeah, yeah, I was a skin I was in Miami.
Speaker 5: That was yeah, that's doing. And then Jamie Fox commented on that to you. I remember that.
Speaker 4: You know what he not lying because people be in my group chat and they'd be like, yo, my bad shall man, and then it'll be a clip of Jess and some too B movie bust it overthing me.
Speaker 3: This is not group chat. Le saw that.
Speaker 2: It was like, yeah, since we're talking, it hit my group chat too. I had to block everybody, but let's talk like my sister like that now.
Speaker 4: And they think they think saying my bad is gonna be on my bad shall the man exactly?
Speaker 3: They think saying that is cool.
Speaker 2: Yo, jaff just ble justice blesh it, Thank you brother. Get it off your chest eight hundred and five A five one oh five one. If you need to vin hit us up right now. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the breakfast Club, wake up, wake up.
Speaker 6: As if you're time to get it off your chest, whether your man or blessed, we want to hear from you on the breakfast glove.
Speaker 12: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 13: Let's look a brand of it from Indian.
Speaker 3: So Brandon from ind How you good morning?
Speaker 13: I'm doing all right?
Speaker 15: How are you guys?
Speaker 14: Been morning?
Speaker 2: Good morning? Good? What's up? Man? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: I just just a question or kind of a weird thing I've had a prayer tumultuous relationship with my mom throughout the years. I'm thirty three now living on my own, paying my way through nursing school, and got a full time job, and had to recently pretty much block her and cut her out of my life again like the fifth time, because she said that I needed help because I was upset, but I didn't get invited to my niece's birthday party, and I was just like, yo, you could have texted me or whatever. But this has been going on forever. So she sends me this long ass text saying how I need mental help and all this stuff, and I'm like, dude, I've been going to therapy for like six seven years because of you.
Speaker 15: How am I going to need help?
Speaker 3: You said, how are you going to need help?
Speaker 2: How I needs help? Oh?
Speaker 4: So she's the one that's been traumatizing you, and now she's telling you that you need help.
Speaker 5: You need help.
Speaker 13: Yeah, she's taking She's always taken her trauma out on everybody around her. So I'm just like, do I continue with ignoring her and not talking to her, or do I be the bigger person.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of people, A lot of people will tell you that's your mom. You should rectify it, you should fix it. But I think that your therapist will tell you that there's nothing wrong with boundaries. And I'm a person that I believe when you pray to God to take negativity out your life, he's not swinging at spirits. He's swinging at people and things. That's the embodiment of that negativity. And sometimes they appear in the form of your mother and your father and other family members.
Speaker 2: So you know, yeah, well, why didn't they want you there? Why didn't they want you at the party? Was there a reason?
Speaker 16: Uh?
Speaker 13: No, my sister said she texted me, but I was like, no, I never got a text. I came out last summer actually, and my whole family's been kind of treating me like crap.
Speaker 4: I still want to hear both sides because they might tell us some things about you that I'll be like, Okay, I can understand why you didn't invite them, But it.
Speaker 2: Seems like he came out the closset and his family's a shame.
Speaker 3: Oh you came out the closet, I.
Speaker 5: Hear he said, he came out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeahs is just out.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm just out. I didn't know what the terms.
Speaker 3: Well, listen, you gotta protect your peace. Brother. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: I can't believe they don't love you just because you're gay.
Speaker 13: Like the first one in my family.
Speaker 2: So it's crazy.
Speaker 13: It's crazy that I can get the I get this treatment.
Speaker 5: You hear, the first gay in the family.
Speaker 13: The first die Like my cousin is a is a female and she's got a whole wife and a child with her.
Speaker 4: How did they treat her like like gold like it's just a shock. Sorry, it's a shock right now, It's all good.
Speaker 13: I appreciate you guys taking the time.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Protect your piece, though, brother, I'm telling you, I know that's you, but you can't allow nobody to treat you bad, even even even if they're your blood.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Your happiest about your happiness.
Speaker 3: You know that's right.
Speaker 13: Yeah, And that's what I've been trying to focus on. And I guess I'll just keep it, keep it on that trajectory for now.
Speaker 3: Protect your penis and protect your piece.
Speaker 5: Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 13: You doesn't have a good thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, she said, protect your bootie, not you anyway. You don't know.
Speaker 5: How you know he about him. He's sounds like it's family.
Speaker 3: Jesus for no reason.
Speaker 7: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: You know, don't know.
Speaker 5: Family is like that protect protect you.
Speaker 3: You put it them on your butt? Do you put a condom on?
Speaker 2: Gil?
Speaker 3: I said anything, get it.
Speaker 2: Off your chest. Eight hundred and five, eight five, one oh five on. Now we got just with the mess coming up? What were talking about?
Speaker 6: Yes, people have been com up for Beyonce since she won for the Best Country Album. But you know our father is not trying and hear it. You know you're gonna come side the fence every time.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Morning everybody. It's Steve j Envy, Jess, Hilarius, Charlamage, the God we are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the message.
Speaker 3: You use is real.
Speaker 6: Whether it's Hilarius, Jessica, robber Moore, just don't do no line, don't do that talk.
Speaker 5: Nobody talk the world.
Speaker 3: Why Jess worldwise master talk on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaches Ship.
Speaker 17: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 3: Could get you to see. It's time to set it off.
Speaker 5: So these white people have been in Beyonce as, ain't they?
Speaker 18: Yeah, upset, Well, not everybody, I would say, it's not everybody, but there has been a conversation since the Grammy.
Speaker 5: It's like kind of Grammy hangover about and trying it though. Yeah, and she won, yes.
Speaker 18: About Beyonce winning Album of the Year for Country for Cowboy Carter because of her being in the country music lane. So Matthew Knows actually had to speak out against this, and basically what he told TMZ is like, y'all keep playing with her like Beyonce's Cowboy Carter Broke Records.
Speaker 5: She worked really, really hard.
Speaker 18: Y'all cannot just put this on the fact that jay Z called out the Grammys last year or anything else, because she actually worked worked hard and she deserved this. And if you guys remember last year when jay Z called out the Grammys, he said, every single year, the albums that are nominated with her break Records, they do all this stuff.
Speaker 5: Y'all bring her here, y'all nominate her, but y'all never award her. How does that make sense? To take a listen.
Speaker 1: Obviously it's subjective because you know it's music and it's opinion based, but you know some things. You know, I don't want to embarrass this young lady, but she has more Grammys than everyone one album of a year, So even by your own metrics, that doesn't work. Think about that, the most Grammys, never one album of the year, that doesn't work.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's right.
Speaker 4: I mean if you've been nominated over ninety times and you got the most Grammys of any artists ever, but you never won album but a year, that's kind of stranger.
Speaker 18: Yeah, very And I think also too, like it's not even just the album of the year conversation, it's also the you know, she won country duo country group performance with Males Cyrus, and then the win for Country Album.
Speaker 19: Of the Year as well. Like that's that got people in the pizzy.
Speaker 18: Laney Wilson, post Malone are a lot of people in that country album category, And now what's happening is like I went to Laney Wilson's Instagram today.
Speaker 19: She is a country music artist. She was a part of the Quincy Jones tribute.
Speaker 18: To and people are literally in her comments like, you know, you deserve the win, like they're really upset about it.
Speaker 3: And I can't say that she didn't not to hear album.
Speaker 18: I can't say that she didn't. But I also feel like Laney Wilson stood up. She applauded Beyonce. I also I thought the impact of Beyonce's album, I don't know. I haven't heard Laney's album.
Speaker 3: Now you Got seven number one.
Speaker 18: I do feel like the people, the way that people had a conversation about Beyonce is that she shouldn't be included at all. Like Syfester Saloon's brother came out and said she's not a country music artist. Like they're literally people saying not just because the album doesn't match Leanie's body at work, but just because Beyonce she's out of her lane.
Speaker 19: She wouldn't be considered.
Speaker 4: I do wonder if that country club pun intended, you know, would be mad at Beyonce if she had played the political game of Nashville, Like if she had moved down there and did interviews with people like Bobby Bones and worked with artists down there and did all of the things new country artists due to break into the scene. I wonder if they would be mad if she had actually played the game. I think I'm sure they would still be mad.
Speaker 19: I think they say I think they still would be mad.
Speaker 18: But I do feel like that's what they were trying to get at when she wasn't nominated for Country Music Awards. Remember, they were saying like, oh, you haven't been here long enough, and that's their issue right now. But to me, I just feel like it's all white noise, no pun intended.
Speaker 3: Why does gets smoked like that?
Speaker 4: I think he don't because he played the Nashville game, but maybe he does get smoked.
Speaker 3: I really don't know. I'm just That's what I'm just asking.
Speaker 19: But beyond the.
Speaker 2: Crazy thing I was going to say is you know, she won so many Rammies, but she didn't win one Country Music Award. It's it's just weird how it's two different award shows and you can win none at one and then a bunch at another.
Speaker 3: That's just that she got nominated at the movie.
Speaker 2: They know.
Speaker 19: That was a big part of the conversation.
Speaker 5: She didn't get nominated at the same as.
Speaker 18: No I'm a verified, but I remember it being like people were upset because They're like, wait, how does she not like cowboy Carter did so much, Like how does she not?
Speaker 3: What have we complaining about right now? That she did win this?
Speaker 6: Yeah, basically somebody else, like somebody else should have won, which that happens in every category, you know what I mean, Like you know, like some people felt like somebody should have won over Kendred. Did other people feel you know, they're gonna do that in every category every time somebody went. So it's like whatever she was talking about Laney Laney Wilson's fans.
Speaker 5: But Killer Mike, what happened with him?
Speaker 19: He's yes, So Killer Mike is suing.
Speaker 18: Y'all remember last year Killer Mike went to the Grammys and the story came out that he was arrested and he was detained, and it was like the backup, I mean he won first, let's just yeah, he won, but it overshadowed the one he did.
Speaker 5: Can't mention what I was saying that he definitely.
Speaker 3: Won Grammy last year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he's suing about that though.
Speaker 18: So he's suing because last year the rest of the Grammys and he's he's basically blaming private security that was hired to work the event. So in a new lawsuit, he's saying that he was stopped by security on his way to the red carpet for photos and media interviews. Despite you know, winning a bunch of awards with this right sweeping and having all the necessary credentials to get to where he needed to go, he would still stop. He says that two companies the Grammy's hired to do the security at the twenty twenty fourth show, One is called sn S Labor Force, Inc. And another one that's called j R M Private Security, gave their employees way too much power, according to him, which led to them being unlawful, which led to him being unlawfully placed under citizens arrest. And I remember when he was up here on the show, he talked about the citizens arrest, so take a listen.
Speaker 4: But I was told the police, the people who detained you weren't even police.
Speaker 3: No, it was hours and I'm it's a citizens of rest and mystery they talked by charge of the black He said, this is just I don't know they could do that for didn't know even gave me the park, walked me through everybody.
Speaker 1: Like Mike, I'm like, shut off, we doing it.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be okay. So it really showed me how much love I had I agree with Michael Renda. It's been a whole year and we still don't even know what Michael Renda was detained for. So that man was caused emotional and mental disgrest on the biggest night of his career. He deserves all the money, yep.
Speaker 18: And he says that the color legend that the security physically assaulted him, battered him by putting their hands on him and shade in a full view of onlookers, and he says that they called him emotional distress and public humiliation.
Speaker 3: I saw the whole thing. I agree. He wasn't there, boy, shut up being a high witness. I saw videos. Okay, it's there.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 18: The timing of this filing is great because people are having Grammy Grammy conversations. So more power to him, and I hope he get what he deserves. This was embarrassing and it shouldn't.
Speaker 4: Have emotional and mental distress and physical pain in his customs to type.
Speaker 18: The citizens the rest they used real cuffs, don't use.
Speaker 3: Like, Yes, it was cuffs. They walked them all through the abody. Yeah, that's right. A mental emotion and a mental what is it?
Speaker 5: Emotional professional harm too?
Speaker 6: And his son had went through something that same night, and it was like a lot going on in Mike's world. Better go ahead and run it down for.
Speaker 3: The case anyone, right, and it's not food for hours. You don't know that my plan went through, I.
Speaker 5: Understand, and he on the big side, so you know you exactly.
Speaker 18: Those companies, those private security companies haven't released a statement, although TMZ did rechuester them.
Speaker 3: And I tell you something else.
Speaker 4: You know, it cost him a lot of money because jay Z was supposed to bring Mike out when jay Z was giving his speech, so that would have elevated Mike's profile even more. So they cost him even a lot of money. You need damages, emotions, professional harm. Do you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I'm on now, I'm on now, thank you mm hmm.
Speaker 2: All right, well that is Jess with the mess. Thank you Jess. Now when we come back, we got front page News Morgan to be joining us. So don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast club, good morning, wake up.
Speaker 3: Wait cool if you're like into the breakfast club pointing.
Speaker 2: Everybody to ceej Nvy, just hilarious, Charlamagne the gud we are the breakfast club. Let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 8: Wanna Morgan, Good morning, dj MV, Charlomage the God and Jess hilarious.
Speaker 5: Good to see y'all again.
Speaker 19: Right, let's get in to it.
Speaker 8: So, President Trump, he's creating an American Sovereign Wealth fund. So I wasn't quite sure about what all this meant. But it's defined as a state owned investment fund that invests in real and financial assets such as stocks, barns, real estate, precious medals, and in alternative investments such as private private equity funds or hedge funds.
Speaker 5: But it would be for America, like a big bank account for America.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: So, speaking at the White House while signing executive orders yesterday, Trump suggested it could help with the purchase is of TikTok. Let's you're more from President Trump on starting in American sovereign wealth fund.
Speaker 10: Sure, other countries have sovereign wealth funds, and they're much smaller countries, and they're not the United States. We have tremendous potential in this country, tremendous you're seeing that what's happened to it just in a short period of time. As an example, TikTok we're going to be doing something, perhaps with TikTok and perhaps not.
Speaker 3: If we make the right deal, we'll do it.
Speaker 20: Otherwise we want, but I have the right to do that, and we might put that in the Sovereign Wealth Fund. Whatever we make or if we do a partnership with very wealthy people, I think in a short period of time, we'd have one of the biggest funds.
Speaker 10: And you know, some of some of them are pretty large. I must tell you some of the like the Study Arabia Fund is on the large side, but eventually we'll catch it.
Speaker 3: But we're going to create a lot of wealth for the fund. Who gets access to the fund? Like great question?
Speaker 5: That's that's right, that's the question.
Speaker 8: It would be created for supposedly the American people, And it said the fund will also be used to invest in things like airports, medical research, and highways. I know for other foreign nations, their sovereign wealth funds have been able to help cut taxes and emergency times, like for example, the COVID nineteen pandemics, stuff like that. So the Sovereign Wealth Fund is will be the first to ever be established in the history of the US.
Speaker 4: If this is something we shouldn't have to pay taxes, no more than there should be no more federal taxes.
Speaker 3: If they go to Sovereign.
Speaker 2: Wealth Fund, well they'll lower the taxes. But this is actually great if they do it the right way, right because I mean, at one time they said Abu Dhabi, and I don't know if this is true or not. They don't own it anymore, but they actually, I believe, owned the Chicago parking meters, so anytime you pay the parking media, they actually purchased that. And I know even China owns a bunch of different things in the US as well. So if we created a fund and started buying things in other nations, I think that'd be amazing. Like you said, we just have to figure out where that money's going. But I think that's great.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm not gonna say it's amazing because I'm not completely sure what the Sovereign Wealth Fund is.
Speaker 3: But I don't know what it is.
Speaker 8: What they say it is, that is what it is fined as is basically what I've said earlier. But again, how President Trump defines things, you know, he likes to put a little sauce on it. So meanwhile, there are reports that the Trump administration is setting a quota for ICE agents, asking for eighteen hundred arrests per day. Democrats that the pressure will lead to citizens or people with green cards being swept up in the immigration rates.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 8: San Antonio's Congressman, Joaquin Castro, he fears that rush to deport illegal immigrants will lead to mistakes like the arrest of green card holders or lawful residents.
Speaker 5: Let's hear more from Joaquin Castro.
Speaker 21: In New Jersey, for example, there was a US citizen veteran who was detained and had his military credentials questioned.
Speaker 2: When you do things like put quotas on.
Speaker 21: People, it means that you're going to be targeting people who aren't criminals, people who have been here twenty or thirty years, who've been paying their taxes, who've been abiding by the law, and all of a sudden, you're going to rip them out.
Speaker 8: So Joaquin Castro, who is San Antonio's congressman, points to an operation from the nineteen fifties which was run under President Eisenhower. So apparently there were between one and two million US citizens and lawful permanent residents who were deported to Mexico by mistake.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't understand the point of taking in people that have a green car, because when you have a green car, it means that you can live and work in the US and you're in the process of becoming a naturalized US citizen. So why would you deport somebody who's in the process of becoming a US citizen.
Speaker 3: Isn't that what we want?
Speaker 4: Don't we want people to actually go through the process and become legal citizens. So why would you, you know, snatch up somebody if they actually have a green card?
Speaker 5: That don't make any Sense're saying that people are being profiled and regardless you know, whether they and before you can even figure out what their status is, they're already being profiled and detained or looped into a raid or something like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like Envy, Envy looked Dominican, so.
Speaker 5: He like, I got you, vous, Dominique, I got you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get you.
Speaker 2: I'm actually black, you know, I don't have a problem with that. But yeah, like you said that they were supposed to be going a quote unquote after criminals and people that had a prime years in warrns and that's been arrested in drug dealers. That's what they said they were going on.
Speaker 4: That's not all they just said. They said, if you're here illegally, that's what they said. That's actually what they said. If you're here illegally.
Speaker 5: If you're here illegally, that's a crime.
Speaker 8: You're committing a crime and you're subject to But you know, if you have a green card, that's not illegal.
Speaker 4: So get now, don't get scared. You just make sure you have all your paperwork on you. Okayale Hospital, Sir.
Speaker 8: And February it's not only Black History Month, but it's also Heart Health Month, Heart Health Month, Healthy Heart Month. Heart disease remains the leading cause of death in the US. That's according to data from the American Heart Association's twenty twenty five Heart Disease and Stroke Statistics Update. The annual update, published in the Association's flagship Journal, notes that while medical advances have helped keep people living longer, many risk factors like blood pressure and obesity continue to grow at high rates.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 8: Data shows cardiovascular diseases claim more lives in the US then cancer and accidental deaths combined, which are the second and third leading causes of death respectively nationwide. And of course, black people are impacted disproportionately, with black women leading the trend now. The American Heart Association recently posted on Instagram that Kendrick Lamar's Not Like Us has one hundred and one beats permitted, which is the right tempo for hands only CPR, adding that if you see an adult or team collapse called nine to one one, immediately start chess compressions. Press hard and in the center of the chest to the rhythm of not Like Us. We all know the song, so it you know, you can do those chess compressions until help arrive. So I thought that was a really cool tip from the American Heart Association that Not Like Us. If you sing it in your head and you're find yourself in an emergency situation, chess compression.
Speaker 5: Just compressions to the beat of not that's too.
Speaker 2: Fast, that's too fast, that's too fast, and.
Speaker 3: Any of it done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So all right, y'all, that's your front page news. Y'all, Stay safe out the.
Speaker 2: Damn you're gonna kill.
Speaker 3: Figure out what part of this off you.
Speaker 2: This PPM is boom boom boom boom. Yeah, they gonna boom boom boom with my fist.
Speaker 4: See somebody doing that you're like, man, pop have taken it too far.
Speaker 3: Me boxing hitting on his chest, I'm dying.
Speaker 4: Like what if you saw a white person doing that to a black person and they beating on the chest saying they're not like us.
Speaker 3: White man is going to jail if you.
Speaker 2: Have to do that.
Speaker 3: A gay person going to jail for that if it's recording you beating on the chest. But they not.
Speaker 2: Because you imagine if they all beat, if they don't have rhythms. But on a serious note, definitely check out doctor Puma and Soaring Medical. Charlemagne and myself talk about it all the time. It's all about heart wealth. They have this skin where they actually skin in your heart and can tell you if there's anything wrong with They take all types of medical insurance and even if you don't have insurance, they find a way to make sure that you are covered. So uh, if you can check out Sour Medical. I know one time Charlamaane and myself were giving away free actual passes to go there and get your heart scan. But definitely check out Doctor Pullma and Soarn Medical s or r I ed thank.
Speaker 5: You Morgan, all right, that's your front page news.
Speaker 8: And Morgan would follow me at Morgan Media for more news coverage, follow APT Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi in news dot com.
Speaker 5: Have a good one, y'all, thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. Now we've been talking on on along about some of the things that Trump has been trying to put in the law, his recent infractions.
Speaker 4: We've been talking the last couple of weeks, you know, last ten days, right, yeah, about a lot of the policies that he's implemented, a lot of the executive orders, and you know, we we haven't opened up the phone lines in a while. I mean, people will be calling in to tell us, but it's like, really, how have these policies and these executive orders impacted you? You know, everything from the you know, federal hiring freeze that he threatened back I think that was like last week, to the dismantling of the DEI programs, the mass deportations.
Speaker 3: These things are impacting people immediately.
Speaker 5: Absolutely.
Speaker 6: It definitely apacts impacts my mother directly. It affects her business. She's been working in May, it'll be thirty years she's been working in childcare administration, and she gets like her grant money and I mean like scholarship vouchers. She has no private paying parents. It all comes to like vouchers and stuff.
Speaker 3: Everything is a federal government program.
Speaker 5: Yes, everything.
Speaker 6: So that she's been in business thirty years and to be scared like that is just like that's insane.
Speaker 4: Did you ask her if the federal hiring free.
Speaker 6: It's definitely going to affect her. It's about to start hitting her parents. That's how she gets paid, the parents of her children.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Three, did I really see impacting people every day? Is the potential of the federal hiring freeze, the dismantling of DEI programs, and the mass deportations like I've seen that actually hit people on a ground level immediately. So I really want to talk to those folks this morning.
Speaker 2: But let's discuss eight hundred five eight five one oh five one is the breakfast Club. Good morning, the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join it to the discussion with the breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody, it's the j Envy just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club Now if he's just joining us. We're talking about the list of Trump executive orders that affected people, from DEI to birthright citizenship to ice coming and taking people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the man has the importations, the dismantling of DEI, you know, the potential federal.
Speaker 3: Hiring freeze, I mean, tariffs, you know.
Speaker 4: And so you know, we're just opening up the phone lines to see how things have impacted people. You know, Jess is already concerned about the price of weeks potentially.
Speaker 6: Excuse me there, you know, I'm not well, I'm not okay. It affects my mother and other people who have been in childcare administration. My mom has been taking care of kids, and she has a childhood preschool and has had one for thirty years coming up. And a lot of her money comes from the federal government, federal government, you know, like the food program. She get checks to feed the kids, you know, and then all of her parents they are using vouchers or scholarship of some sort, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So no potential federal hiring free you could shut.
Speaker 6: Her absolutely absolutely, and it will. People are already starting to be affected.
Speaker 3: By it, you know. So and you see the dismantling of DEI programs.
Speaker 4: You see people losing jobs, you know, when you got these mass deportations. Like I know people who you know, jobs have got ran up in, you know what I mean, or their parents' jobs have gotten ran up in.
Speaker 3: You know, I know family members.
Speaker 4: I know families who literally have had to leave because you know, one person in the household was undocumented and now they gotta go and the kids gotta go.
Speaker 3: It's it's real out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know. Growing up in New York, of course, you're surrounded by immigrants, right, You're surrounded by people that are here.
Speaker 3: This got crazy.
Speaker 2: You're surrounded by surrounding I'm not I actually was born here and my parents were too, But you're surrounded by immigrants that you know that the kids were born here, but their parents not. And now many of my friends and the people that I know, they're fearful that their parents could be you know, taken back, and parents could be you know, taken by ice because there's no rules, there's no regulations. They just know that Ice is on the street grabbing immigrants. So people are nervous. People are scared.
Speaker 3: Are you an ankle baby?
Speaker 2: My parents were born here, sir, My grandparents were born here and I was born here, sir, prove it.
Speaker 6: Let me see that when ice come and snatch you up, that's gonna be crazy. Get to take my daughter outside to this day, I'm like Jesus, yes for real. They might think I'm harvaring one of them. Yeah he is, but Molly like nah, see she more question than her father. People would be like, oh, where you get that baby from? And if I just got about myself, I.
Speaker 5: Look like a nanny night.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's crazy for the.
Speaker 3: People who don't know your baby daddy is Mexican. Yes, yes, half Mexican.
Speaker 6: Yes, half Mexican. His mom straight, straight up Mexican's father Blake so and my daughter she looks straight Mexican, like, oh my god, I.
Speaker 3: Think you should stop saying that you might get it, not for part.
Speaker 4: Hello might get it, not just crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm scared.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 11: This is doctor Allen being doctor from I'm from seven five, but I'm in Indianapolis.
Speaker 4: Now, okay, how if Trump's executive boaters impacted you thus far?
Speaker 11: Absolutely so. I am a director for a Diversity and Coulting Inclusion for Engineering Research Center. So through the National Science foundation. They pretty much stopped all of me my ability to spend money. I built programmed like EV programs for high school students. They told me I could not take no more students to watching the DC for and we had an upcoming conference for them to present their research. I have about three hundred thousand dollars in funding that I can no longer touch because I work in DEI. They told me literally, I couldn't you spend no money because my proposal said I was working with marginalized students. And that is discrimination by another name. When you're saying that I can't work with students because they're from marginalized backgrounds. But if it was a white student, I can go ahead and continue with my work. This discrimination by another name. And so I have about I have another about five million dollars in additional funding that I have that I have sent in there for review that I can't they just propamatically just going to throw out now. And these are this is money that's going to our students, our low income students, underrepresented students, to make sure that we get skills and help our students people grow, go to college, get scholarships. And we can no longer touch that money. They are are literally trying to prevent us from growing our community and be able to do the things that we need to do, all because they don't want us to be as successful as we could be. And it is very sickening.
Speaker 3: How do we combat that? How do we combat it? How do we combat it?
Speaker 2: Can we? Well?
Speaker 11: A few things that we have to do is we have to put pressure on our elective officials. The Democrats have to be able to stop get off these fingers and actually do something. This should not be a process for them to be able to discriminate by another NAT. There should be some type of lawsuits that are letting them say, hey, you all have not does not have not developed any criteria for what is to considerdi You all are just looking for anything that says black or brown, underrepresented, marginalized, low income, and that is discriminating. There needs to be some folks that are doing something in the legal arena. They need to be folks are doing something in the political arena. And we also need to start thinking about how do we make sure that we're not hand from the next time one of these hol of guards so somebody comes in and want to take over power like this. We need to be able to make sure that we're self sufficient, sustainable and figure out way from.
Speaker 7: Which you can do that.
Speaker 3: I totally agree.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: You know what the hell part about it is, there are you know, guardrails and tools that democrats can use. But you know, we just keep getting all these statements about norms and faith and institutions brought them.
Speaker 3: Institutions are done.
Speaker 4: Okay, these people are playing by a different set of rules.
Speaker 3: They need to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Well, let's open up the phone lines again. We'll takeing some more calls when we come back. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. We're talking about the list of Trump's executive orders. How has this affected you so far? Call us up right now, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 22: If we're all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 4: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Warning, everybody's DJ n V Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Now if you're just joining us, we're talking about the lists of Trump's executive orders and how it's affecting people already from DEI.
Speaker 4: To the dismantling, the dismantling a DEI program.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so many things we've discussed in the last couple of days. So there's a lot of people on the lines. Let's go right to the phone line. Hello, who's this Hi, This ISQua Liquita.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: How has Trump's executive orders affected you so far?
Speaker 23: Good morning you guys. I'm on the seven seven and as you guys know, it is a hard military community, and I am a federal government employee. And as you guys know, like that email went out last week, they to be asking us, do you want to resign and keep your you know, your benefits, keep your pain until September. So a lot of people are freaking out about that. I also know a lot of people that have gotten final job offers, but if they have a start date after the eighth of February, they've had to rescind that job offer.
Speaker 3: So a lot of.
Speaker 23: People have made plans based on the job offers and they're not able to accept them. And they don't know when, you know, they are going to be able to even.
Speaker 24: You know, if that job will still.
Speaker 23: Be available when it's hiring freezes up. So it's a little stressful out here, and there's no guarantees. A lot of schedules have changed. I mean, it's a lot of agencies don't know what's gonna be the final period and all be all. But you know, there's a lot of nervous energy out here, especially with a lot of subtle agencies in the Hampton Roads region.
Speaker 2: Thank you for calling Queen, Yeah, thank you for calling my mom. Hello, who's this good morning?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: How is it affecting it expected me?
Speaker 15: Because like I have a childcare assistant subsidy assistants application and right now that's spending that possibly may not be approved because I have a toddler and I'm a full time working mom and I need child here, sisters, is a possibly I won't get it.
Speaker 3: So sorry, see, I see.
Speaker 4: I'm glad we're having this conversation, man, because you know, you see all of these things on these on the news, and you know you see a Trump doing all these executive orders, like this stuff is impacting average, every day, regular working class folks, Like we're all being impacted by this in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: We know somebody who is.
Speaker 2: Let's go, there's a lot of people on the line eight hundred five eight five one five one.
Speaker 16: Hello, who's this And this is Rob coming out of Summerville, South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Eight four to three. What's up Somerville around?
Speaker 4: How Trump executive void is impacting you in South Carolina right now?
Speaker 11: Man? Oh man, I live in a pretty upcoming neighborhood of you.
Speaker 16: Know, being built up and yeah, and driving to the neighborhood is quiet. The workers aren't really there. And I'm just imagining what the conversations with all these builders are about getting houses out the people could not being built and they're not paying for American labor. So I'm wondering, like, what's the conversation and how is that going to be affecting the market with people.
Speaker 13: It's already expensive enough to buy a house.
Speaker 3: Dam So you said it's quiet. They didn't deported everybody.
Speaker 15: Huh.
Speaker 3: There ain't no construction to nothing.
Speaker 16: No nails banging on the roof, nothing, just quiet.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 3: You drove by the home depot.
Speaker 11: Oh, they're not hanging out in front.
Speaker 3: No more love, We're gonna finish.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna be sitting there.
Speaker 3: Real question.
Speaker 11: I'm wondering.
Speaker 2: Thank you, brother, Let's got another caller. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 3: Good morning? They deported him just that fast name.
Speaker 2: They're driving.
Speaker 5: Right now?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 25: Who is this?
Speaker 22: Good morning?
Speaker 3: A lot of good morning America.
Speaker 2: You're talking about Trump's executive voard is how has it affected.
Speaker 3: You at all?
Speaker 24: I mean, honestly, let's be real, Lula, women numbers don't America voted for Trump. I don't understand now why everybody go up the war about.
Speaker 26: What's going on when they were say your multiple times over and over. God, let us know about twenty twenty. Nobody doesn't care. I don't know why is everybody.
Speaker 14: Bought her up there down, ma'am, ma'am number two, ma'am.
Speaker 4: You're absolutely right, But what that got to do with his executive orders impacting people?
Speaker 26: It was accepted, it was what's coming. Yes, there's nothing about it. You voted him an office.
Speaker 3: But but have they impacted you? That's the question.
Speaker 26: I'm gonna be honest.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna be honest with you.
Speaker 26: Play I don't do it Tom.
Speaker 24: Ninety one PM twenty three, com on twenty one, christ and and and what God?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you mama? What is she saying to yourselves? That's what she said. Yeah, y'all voted for him, and she didn't answer the question. She basically just said that y'all didn't.
Speaker 6: Yes, she always somewhere to understand lord, and.
Speaker 3: I understand what she's saying. But that's not the question we're asking.
Speaker 4: The question we're asking is how has his executive orders impacted people? Because, you know what, I would like to start hearing his solutions, you know, like I would like to start hearing you know, how we can combat some of these things.
Speaker 3: But how can we?
Speaker 2: Right because he's the president. He put these orders into play. This is his house right now, right, but so how do we how do we stop that? How do we defend it? How do we combat that?
Speaker 7: Half?
Speaker 6: Is there anyway like something can happen locally? Like because even with my mom saying, you know, she with my mom being affected, you know, and then the caller who just called up and said, like they're gonna cut her, I don't care benefit she's a full time working mom. Like, is there something we can do, like the mayors, the governors, like, you know, I know he signed these orders, but it's no way like can we tackle it locally?
Speaker 4: There's tools and guardrails that these people have at their disposable disposal to try to slow down some of this stuff. But you know, they got to have the strength to use them. You know, the Democrats are a party of cowards. They're leaderless right now, right.
Speaker 3: Now, you know what I mean, But they are they are guardrails in place.
Speaker 4: Well, we gotta h this is gonna be another ending conversation, by the way, y'all do know that, right, But.
Speaker 2: You just feel weird because when you look at Biden and him being in office in the last four years and what he's done, and then you look at Trump being so aggressive and doing everything that he wanted to do and not apologizing for it and just doing it basically saying I told y'all what I was gonna do. If you don't like it, middle finger. And then you look at the last four years and look at Biden was just so nice and just trying to be the nice guy. It just it just really makes you upset, you know, yeah, for sure. All right, Well, this is their moral to the story at all, the moral to the story.
Speaker 4: This is gonna be another ending conversation. But that's what the breakfast Club is here for. The breakfast Club is here to have those conversations. Okay, and we'll bring in people way smarter than us to tell us what these guardrails are and what these tools are, what these tools are that they can use to try to slow some of this stuff there.
Speaker 2: All right, well we got just with the mess coming up.
Speaker 6: What we're talking about your delete all that, the league all that because drunk and dumb.
Speaker 3: It Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning everybody. It's TJ M V Jess Hilarius Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jests with the message you.
Speaker 6: Needs this real weapons that her lions just co robber Lord just don't do no lines, don't be.
Speaker 4: Enough talky talk the world why Jests worldwide math talk to on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: He's a coaching ship.
Speaker 17: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see.
Speaker 3: It's time to set it off.
Speaker 5: So no more BMF. According to fifty no the lead all that is like it's done.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well I'm actually celebrating because he gonna get he got rid of to reek a little too early for me, but but bing mephis is the one that.
Speaker 5: I felt like we could have got rid of before Tarik.
Speaker 18: Well, So fifty cent posted on his Instagram and he said, he posted this BMF. You know, this is like the image that they used for the show, the BMF jacket. I think this is meeching the jacket. He said, Season four is the final chapter. His caption said, be sure to catch the next season of BMF. It's going to be out of here now. Y'all all probably wondering why, Yeah, right exactly. So there's been a little i don't know, like a tip tip behind the scenes. I'm trying to put it all together here with a timeline. So what I think is leading to this, and what most people are pointing to is the fact that Big Meach recently, as of January twenty second, linked up with Rick Ross.
Speaker 19: So they posted these photos.
Speaker 18: There is a photo of Big Meach and Rick Ross and they're in like a i don't know, like a backyard or something like that, and Big Mee chats on the shirt that says Rick Ross Car Show June seventh.
Speaker 5: That's wow.
Speaker 6: The Rick Ross merch, the braids, everything is just wild. He should have definitely cut his hair butt. But and you know, like fifty, he don't fool with Ross at all, not like, not even a little bit right, And they posted this photo they are promoting this this concert, this welcome home concert that Big Meatch has happened.
Speaker 5: It's on my birthday. It's crazy. Yeah, February twelvethru thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 18: Yeah, the Big Meach welcome back concert with little Baby Rick Ross for the t doug all these different people.
Speaker 5: That's red STG. It's a bunch of people in there.
Speaker 14: Yes.
Speaker 18: And in addition to that, they also cross promoted Rick Ross has a car, showed that Big Meat is going to be like a celebrity guest judge at So all this unfolding and people are like, wait, hold on right, BMF is done. Yeah, So then fifty went on to start posting. So before the fifty posted that BMF with season four was going to be the final season, he also posted something about a Tammy Cohen doc and people it made people start wondering who Tammy Cohen is. So he posted this It says the truth of the truth and nothing but the truth b MF. Who was Tammy Cohen's and the caption said, this is going to blow your mind. The doc coming soon. The facts are stranger than fiction. So people are like, wait, the facts are stranger than fiction. And then fifty posted this rat and oh my god the rat. He captioned on the photo, I think I'm Big Meach, alluding to Rick Ross's song. And in this caption, fifty cent says the biggest mistake he ever made was not sustaining his relationship with Tammy Cohen.
Speaker 19: Her tell all doc reveals the truth.
Speaker 18: Now, I did a little digging because I was trying to understand what the relationship shit between Tammy Cohen and Big Meach was.
Speaker 6: Oh, so this is not between Tammy Cohen and Rick Ross. This is between Tammy Cohen and Big Meach.
Speaker 18: Oh Rick Ross came into it because Big Meach hung out. Yeah, we hung out with Ross. So according to you know what I saw from Google, Tammy Cohen used to be the assistant of Big Meach and they've been friends for a very long time. She's been working him since two thousand and eight. But there were some comments that were made by Blu DaVinci at one point where I guess he mentioned that he threw the word federal format out around her name, So I'm assuming that they kind of fell out behind the scenes because of that, and now fifty is picking her side in the back and forth with Meach and her and I think that was happening separately. And then this Rick Rossta started, so now he's you know, he puts everything out there one hundred percent.
Speaker 19: I just don't know.
Speaker 18: I have a couple of questions, like, if Big Meach posted this photo with Rick Ross on January twenty second, why did fifty just start posting in response to this?
Speaker 5: Because I thought that this was fake. I'm like, is this promo?
Speaker 3: React immediately?
Speaker 18: I mean, I just feel like something like that. We know Rick Ross is.
Speaker 4: Maybe they attempted a phone call, maybe there was text messages, maybe there was DMS. I wouldn't expect him just to go from zero to sixty really when you but no, no, no, exactly, he's announcing the ending of a show. You're not going to just do that immediately. You want to cross your teas, got your eyes first.
Speaker 6: I agree with that different contracts in some place. You can't just stop a whole production.
Speaker 5: Ending of a show. And also calling Big Meach.
Speaker 18: That's why I was like, this can't be a joke because Big Meach wouldn't play with that situation with the rat thing or not.
Speaker 6: This is the thing though, all right, Even though you can't just bring production of a big show like that to a halt because there are certain things in place, you can always recast, you know what I'm saying. So unless I mean, depending on what the actors contract, if he still has to like, well.
Speaker 4: He probably don't want to do this because it's about it's actually about being Yeah.
Speaker 5: We cast that show, but I mean.
Speaker 3: The story is the story.
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, so I don't I don't know what's happening here, y'all.
Speaker 2: But yeah, he didn't.
Speaker 3: He's eluding. He didn't call him, right, he's alluding to the fact.
Speaker 18: He's alluding to the fact hundred percent. But I think the shot is pretty clear.
Speaker 5: I think Big Meach on this photo after they Big me just sitting next to ric Ross.
Speaker 4: I think I'm thinking a conversation happened after those pictures went up, and that's what led to all of this.
Speaker 3: M That's what I'm.
Speaker 19: Thinking, I hope.
Speaker 18: So, because you know, when when Meach came home and fifty posted a picture with him, it was like green Light Gang. I was really excited to see what they were going to do together and further telling the story now that Meach was home.
Speaker 3: But you know, is it time for BMF to wrap it up?
Speaker 19: Yes?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I.
Speaker 13: Was time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay when I didn't get the part like remember, and I feel like that's why having it because I didn't.
Speaker 4: Get Sorry, that was a fox that math this one that wasn't fifty.
Speaker 19: It was good though, but it wasn't this one.
Speaker 2: People loved the series though, and people love it every week, So I'm not sure if it is the end of it where it ended, but people love.
Speaker 5: It, yeah, some people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what else just is like until I get down with her? Nothing but what people love?
Speaker 5: What else?
Speaker 13: Ah? Way?
Speaker 6: Marcus Marcus Jordan's Michael Jordan's son. He is caught with that white girl, but not the white girl.
Speaker 19: Got the Larsa Pippen, but he.
Speaker 6: Always caught with the white girl. Yeah, but this time is the what this white girl landed him in jail?
Speaker 3: Why you love white woman so much you don't play basketball.
Speaker 5: At all?
Speaker 19: I can't answer that question. I don't know.
Speaker 18: I've never asked him about why he partakes in white things, But I will This is breaking news. Marcus Jordan's uh, this story is breaking that he was arrested. He was booked in Orange County, Florida jail for d uy cocaine possession and resisting.
Speaker 4: That's real, white girl, White girl has a shot.
Speaker 18: He's Michael Jordan's son. This is markets Jordan's Marcus Jordan. He's giving a little smirk. He doesn't look too heavy be there, but it's a little smirk on his face. Yeah, but I don't really know. There's been photos of him out on bake and people were saying in those photos he was sniffing something.
Speaker 6: But you know, I can't confirm nor deny that. What's funny es It's just a picture, But you thought. I'm just trying to figure out what I can say.
Speaker 4: You look like he looked like a mephing man in a multiverse, like a multiverse meforeman.
Speaker 6: Man, because he doesn't give an athlete an fl at all.
Speaker 5: This looks like the guy that helps you in Walmart something like that. Yeah, this is of them.
Speaker 18: Well, TMC, who broke the story, is still trying to figure out exactly what happened, like what led up to him even running into the law.
Speaker 5: So there'll be more on the story. So act on cocaine.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: You really got to ask what happened when it's cocaine in Bolton.
Speaker 5: It was cocaine.
Speaker 3: Whatever the cocaine is, the ruth or whatever he was getting into.
Speaker 18: And to be clear, this arrests happened Monday, but the story just broke today.
Speaker 3: Cool yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just want to say, because I said it's breaking right now that people to you know.
Speaker 6: You know, just think over here.
Speaker 5: You appreciate that, but thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just with the mess Charlamagne were giving that donkey too.
Speaker 3: Lauren l Rosa because her Bobby the root.
Speaker 2: Can now he's bow.
Speaker 19: Okay, because yesterday, remember he tried to have a boss spot yes.
Speaker 5: Of him looking like a boss behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Nobody knows. I said, you had a boss, but.
Speaker 6: You also in my comments and said, my b that is so harassing.
Speaker 4: But I didn't know. This is what happened yesterday. After the show, I said, I'm gonna stop teasing Lauren about her head know that she had a boss.
Speaker 3: And then she explained, what, First of all, it's not.
Speaker 5: Even like that.
Speaker 19: Don't be seeing boss bo like it.
Speaker 5: And I was like you were just.
Speaker 27: Earlier, told him just come in right right right, like hey, no, but right down got hit by a call when she was little.
Speaker 5: Like stupid back flip on the right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 19: Exactly exactly.
Speaker 5: That's like a gil man because I posted that photo. When you look like a boss, that's.
Speaker 3: A normal thing. We need to talk about what Charler Magne.
Speaker 2: We need to talk about the last time somebody talked about somebody's balls spot, they got punts in the face. Be careful because Lauren's boyfriend might come up here and punch you.
Speaker 4: And after the hour, we need Aiden steigle Man to come to the front of the congregation.
Speaker 3: We like to have a world got to play.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get to that next.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, you're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Your execution on the Donkey of the Day is something to go the ring. I gave me Donkey the day, and I deserve that.
Speaker 19: People need to know what you need to tell them.
Speaker 3: I am you tell them it's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 2: It's a reed.
Speaker 3: But you're so good at.
Speaker 2: You're trying to charlamage you.
Speaker 28: Charlomagne Solomme, who do you giving dusty other days them well sexy rd people playing Okay donkey Today for Tuesday, February fourth goes the.
Speaker 3: Twenty two year old Aiden Steigleman.
Speaker 4: Okay, he is a Temple University student and he's been arrested for impersonating an ICE agent. Let's go to ABC six Action News for the report.
Speaker 29: Police one Temple student in custody tonight and police looking for another as well as a third unidentified suspect. Students are shocked that fellow owls are accused of impersonating federal Immigration and Customs enforcement agents on campus. Twenty two year old Adam Stiegelman is now in custody. Police say this man has been identified but is still at large, as is a third unidentified person to SOPs wearing black shirts with white letters reading police and ICE, a third recording them. Police were able to take Cyglemen into custody nearby on Twelfth Street, and a Jaguar suv was towed away. The two other suspects left the area in a light colored suv. In a statement, that university said, impersonating law enforcement officers is a crime. This behavior and harassment of Temple community members will not be tolerated.
Speaker 3: How are you at lodge? Aiden?
Speaker 30: Just go ahead and tell please, okay, listen, we are the USA, unserious America. We all played way too much, all right, too many people out here praying on people's fears.
Speaker 3: Why would you want to.
Speaker 4: Disturb the piece of these people like these guys ran up in Insomnia Cookies, all right, these poor people just doing that jobb and Insomnia Cookies making sure you get a warm, delicious chocolate chunk.
Speaker 3: At two in the morning.
Speaker 4: And you and the scaring the hell out these folks, do you understand the.
Speaker 3: Matter of life and death? That deportation is? Okay?
Speaker 4: Ice is showing up the places and straight up just taking folks away.
Speaker 3: Disappear, vanish, You're gone.
Speaker 4: There was an Ice raid reporter at a Philadelphia car wash and an eyewitness told Fox twenty nine and I quote, they just came and took everyone away. So you gotta understand, folks is on edge. And Aiden, what were you and your two friends trying to accomplish? Did you at least get a fifty pack of Classics from Insomnia Cookies? Me I would have mixed it up chocolate chunk Classic. When Eminem's omeal raising red velvet double chocolatechunk. But that's neither hit no dabt. Let me tell you, digital dhead something. I can see why you would think this is funny, but it's not. Okay, you're playing with people's lives, and you're playing with your life because impersonating any law enforcement is not only dangerous, it's illegal and impostors will be charged under federal law. So you college kids, y'all better stop chasing imitating nice agents and just stick to the regular college prints that you used to Okay, I remember back in the day when college kids just used to do things like toilet paper the dean's office. Now these kids is out here pretending to be deputy deporters. Okay, imagine looking up to people like papers.
Speaker 3: Please.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, your tuition payments are due, all right, you need to focus.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: This is why we need a cop style show about Ice.
Speaker 3: I'm serious.
Speaker 4: We need a show that shows Ice doing their job so people know what they expect and what not they expect from Ice. I know Ice wants to surprise people, but this is going to complicate things. People playing and pretending to be ICE agents. It's gonna complicate things because I wouldn't open my door for ICE because I don't know if it's really ice. How do I test this ICE to know it's real? Can I bring my diamond test? Is that a password? A few minutes ago, a white woman just opened the door here at iHeart And what did she say?
Speaker 5: She said, special announcement?
Speaker 3: Guy, we got a specially enough. Everybody started scurrying. I didn't what did They started scurrying like they was like, we didn't know. You know, if it's a DEI initiative getting rolled back, you know, if it was ICE. That is how on edge people are.
Speaker 4: And for the record, ICE agents do not have the authority to enter your your household without a warrant signed by a judge. Okay, you are allowed to request to see their badge, their identification. ICE will never ask you for money or threatened deportation or detainment if you do not pay them.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I want you to remember these things.
Speaker 4: Just look alive, folks, pay attention because you can't trust people in twenty twenty five. And for everybody out there pretending to be an ICE agent, stop playing with people. Okay, you're putting yourself in harms, wait for no reason and causing people emotional disgrest for no reason.
Speaker 3: Please give Aiden Steigleman the biggest he.
Speaker 4: Huh, stop playing man, that's so mad?
Speaker 2: All right, well, thank you for that down here today, sir, Yes, indeed, now, when we come back eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. This morning, when Jess walked in, she was talking about Valentine's Day. What was your question, Jess?
Speaker 3: I my boyfriend be here for it. Mexican, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know you're a clown, no, listen.
Speaker 6: I was wondering how you know how people keep reinventing or not reinventing. I would say, keep making Valentine's Day special if you've already.
Speaker 3: Been married, reinventing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So how do you do How do you make your wife feel special? How do you make your husband feel special? After so many years of being married? How can you still keep that?
Speaker 2: Okay, well, let's open up the phone lines will take your calls when we come back. Eight hundred and five eight five, one oh five one. Let's discuss. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Warning everybody your cj Envy, Jess, hilarious, Charlamagne, thea God. We are the Breakfast Club now if you're just joining us. We're talking about Jess Now, we're talking about something when she walked in this morning about Valentine's What was your question.
Speaker 6: Jessin Yes, I was wondering, after so many years of being married, how do you keep your spouse like feeling special? How is Valentine's Day like?
Speaker 5: What you know? How do you do Valentine's Day?
Speaker 2: After starting? Like I told you earlier, we don't really do Valentine's because usually when you go to restaurants, if you notice, when you go out, they try to get you in and out faster because it's a very popular night, so many people want to go. The food is not usually that good because they're cooking it so fast and so much. It's not the same chef. So me and the wife usually on Valentine's usually stay in the crib and just enjoy movies or play game night, and we usually go out the night before or the night after because it's just usually too much of a hassle to go out on Valentine's Day. We still celebrate, we just don't necessarily go out. What about you, Charlamagne, Yeah, never make it special.
Speaker 4: If you never make it special, she can never say you don't treat me the way you used to.
Speaker 2: That's what What the hell are.
Speaker 3: You saying exactly what I just said?
Speaker 5: That is so wacked, Yo.
Speaker 2: Your wife's gonna text you in ten minutes.
Speaker 5: Do you have a filter on me?
Speaker 28: No?
Speaker 2: I don't. It's the sun. The sun's coming in.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they coming, but that.
Speaker 5: It is a You.
Speaker 4: Are a whole clown you.
Speaker 2: I swear, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't act like it really was no filtering. I'm crazy.
Speaker 2: You grow up? You says you none?
Speaker 3: You know? It says up. You want my eyebrow so bad you wish you had fool Yo, I don't know how to put the eyebrothers on.
Speaker 2: It says none, you need not want.
Speaker 26: Of your eye.
Speaker 3: Brother, he never looked that thick Charlomagne eyebro filter on.
Speaker 2: And then you, yo, you want to be I didn't put that on. You knew exactly what you had on your lips is.
Speaker 4: Glossy like yes, you're trying to he's trying to keep it. You want to make it spicy for Valentine's that you want to reinvent things for Valentin.
Speaker 3: Let me get my wife a whole new face and.
Speaker 2: Get it off.
Speaker 6: That is crazy to the phone lines already caught your as.
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 13: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 2: Brother? Good morning?
Speaker 13: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 7: So I heard your topic and basically from me.
Speaker 13: Verry like twenty one years and when me and my wife first got together, we were all about the Valentine's Day, but once we got married, we kind of transitioned that energy to our actual anniversary. So we go all out in our anniversary. And for Valentine's Day, I usually go out and buy some steaks, bring them home, cook them up, and we have like a mill of our own. We don't get caught up in the whole corporate side of it, but we don't ignore it either.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 13: We just spend that extra time for our anniversary where a lot of people go to work, we usually take a week off, go on a vacation, do something crazy, you.
Speaker 4: Know, and nobody ever, you know, gives observance to March fourteenth's most fourteen steaking day.
Speaker 2: You have to say Steak and BJ day, Steak and BJ Day.
Speaker 4: And you know why that day is better than Valentine's Day because it tells you exactly what to do, Get some steak and some BJ Valentine's Day too complicated, Like everybody who really want chocolate and candies and all of that.
Speaker 2: A lot of women like the flowers, they like the chalcol they.
Speaker 3: Like shut up, filter faced boy, and we don't listen.
Speaker 2: To hey.
Speaker 3: Yes and be real quick yes yo.
Speaker 7: Hey, NB.
Speaker 13: I just got to give you a shout out, man, because that Christmas pictures you guys should the family picture. I never comment on anything on social media, but I saw your picture with your family in all white, and that was it was fire man.
Speaker 3: Guess what it might now we're bai. I've not been saying from me this water that is I can't take it.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how it's on. I think that might be nick. But anyway, thank you, brother, I appreciate you. Hello.
Speaker 15: Who's this Hey?
Speaker 2: Hey Kenisia, good morning, good morning. What's your thoughts on what just asked about Valentine?
Speaker 28: Da?
Speaker 2: How do you keep it spicy and special?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 13: For me?
Speaker 8: My thoughts?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Long term couples don't need to reinvent that in times, say, because me and.
Speaker 24: My husband was get married for almost eight years and we show love twenty four seven, not just on February.
Speaker 5: Fourteenth, eight years real love eight one.
Speaker 22: Big day of chocolates and flowers.
Speaker 15: It's the daily check in.
Speaker 7: Did you say yes?
Speaker 12: Almost eight years I've.
Speaker 3: Been I've been with mine for twenty six man, catch up.
Speaker 6: Okay, a lot longer than you.
Speaker 11: So I'm gonna keep going. How about that?
Speaker 3: That's where you go, where you are, That's right.
Speaker 11: I'm not when you're in there for the long haul.
Speaker 26: Every day is Leventine Day in its own way.
Speaker 15: So it was a cult of deciles.
Speaker 11: Still at dinner, it's not a lack of romance because.
Speaker 26: Their love is letting me the holiday recruit itself.
Speaker 4: I agree, because what about every day before Valentine's Day? Like, if you're in a relationship, you want to keep it spicy every day.
Speaker 3: You want to keep your significant.
Speaker 4: Other intrigue every day, Like why are you just waiting till Valentine's Day?
Speaker 3: So the rest of the year ain't.
Speaker 5: Nothing, It don't matter.
Speaker 2: That's right?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well eight hundred five eight five one oh five. We're asking how do you keep Valentine spicy? How do you keep it special? How do you keep reinventing? Eight hundred five eight five one five one. Let's discuss morning. Everybody, your cej env, Jess Hillari and Chelamaine the guy we are the breakfast club if he's just joining us this morning, we just walked in. She was talking about Valentine's and what did you ask, Jess?
Speaker 6: I want us to know how uh the couples keep that romantic spark for Valentine's Day after being together for so long, whether you're married or you've been with somebody for a long time whatever, like how do you keep it special?
Speaker 5: Like because I just you know, I just want to know.
Speaker 4: You know, it's crazy when you ask chat GPT how to keep it spicy on Valentine's They all they do is tell you a bunch of things that you should be doing anyway, like what like role playing, exploring new and everything sexual to That's the other thing.
Speaker 5: I don't everything got to be sexual exactly.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like like I like I cooked dinner together something like that.
Speaker 5: Oh that's dope, Yeah.
Speaker 3: That might you know, get cooking.
Speaker 4: You got some wine and some candles, you know, put some sexy music on. Hey, if the kids ain't around, you might get cook in your underwell.
Speaker 2: So that's what's should have said, cook naked brooking I don't want.
Speaker 3: You to cook naked. That's unsanitary.
Speaker 2: You and your wife eating the food.
Speaker 6: I don't want you lisporting and both of you and that getting some pop outs so you know the pad.
Speaker 4: It'd be like a little pop on his penis, don't you what?
Speaker 2: Let's go to met Hello? Who's this?
Speaker 3: What's wrong with you?
Speaker 28: Run you up?
Speaker 13: Man? This?
Speaker 8: Mike?
Speaker 28: How you doing?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 2: Mike is getting nasty in here? Good morning man? How are you keeping Valentine's Day spicy? Bro?
Speaker 13: Un Listen?
Speaker 14: I'm being married for fifteen years, brother, And honestly, it's about listening to your lady, getting in children what she likes. There are certain holidays that she really enjoyed, certain holidays.
Speaker 12: She does it.
Speaker 7: So it's about understanding.
Speaker 14: But even then, you know she likes Valentine's Day, but she is gonna go crazy Christmas her birthday.
Speaker 7: She gotta understand him and listen to him. That's all communication.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you? Mike? Hello?
Speaker 3: Who's this?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 11: What's going on?
Speaker 25: My name Daniel?
Speaker 7: I'm calling out of Milwaukee.
Speaker 2: What's up? Brother? We're talking? How you keeping Valentine's Day spicy? And reinventing each and every year and in Milwaukee.
Speaker 28: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Uh, you know, we me and my wife, we make it do what it do.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 11: You know, we've been together eighteen years, so we're just doing what we do.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 15: It ain't nothing too.
Speaker 2: Big for us.
Speaker 4: Yes, whenever you hear somebody say I just do it, we just do what we do. Y'all ain't doing nothing, that's all I mean.
Speaker 5: I mean, y'all ain't doing nothing.
Speaker 25: That's there.
Speaker 3: You have the house doing not a damn thing. What y'all doing. We just over and making it do what it do.
Speaker 4: You ain't doing nothing, he said, that's the fact. By the way, Hello, who's this a beautiful thing to sitting around doing nothing with the one you love making it it?
Speaker 24: Hey everyone, Heykenicia, where are you calling from?
Speaker 4: I'm coming from house is Ville, Georgia.
Speaker 2: Okay, now, how are you keeping Valentine's Day spicy?
Speaker 3: Every year?
Speaker 15: So we try to keep every day spicy.
Speaker 24: I was saying that we're almost eight years married.
Speaker 2: We're a young couple, but we're almost.
Speaker 11: Eight years and we're celebrating babies number four arrival this year, so we're still spicy. Very much love. But me and mine don't wait till that town safe to show I love each other.
Speaker 15: We show it every day.
Speaker 11: It doesn't matter that may not coffee just right for the next person or inside jump.
Speaker 13: It's just the way.
Speaker 11: We had a lot together for a long haul.
Speaker 24: Every day has his own.
Speaker 23: Little love story, not just a special day.
Speaker 5: Well. I like that. Every day has its own love story. I love that.
Speaker 2: All right? Hello? Who's this is the var from Orlando. Hey, what's up? Brother? We're asking you know how you keeping Valentine's spicy? Brother?
Speaker 11: I ain't got I ain't got no Valentine's this year.
Speaker 12: But I always thought she was supposed to kind of step.
Speaker 4: Out as a man, step out of your comfort zone, do the things that the lady wants you to do.
Speaker 7: But you've been kind of fighting for years.
Speaker 11: You know, she kind of dropped it.
Speaker 12: No, you know, I mean.
Speaker 2: Naked that v.
Speaker 22: But uh no, you know she you know, she wants you to go all out or go somewhere where you always said, nah, wasn't fill in that place. It could be uh, a play or a show or orchestra something like that, and then follow it up, you know, step out of your ordinary you know, shoot up for the day.
Speaker 5: Oh, throw a suit on?
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, y'all doing all of this or the other.
Speaker 11: It ain't no different. I ain't staying nowhere, no red suit all day long.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 11: But just do that one thing that she kind of been bugging you about. Maybe she you know, every time she walked by it or by throwing that in your ear, and you've been fighting.
Speaker 3: It for eating book.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 3: Just go listen.
Speaker 27: Here talking about you don't eat.
Speaker 2: Should be doing that on the regular bro.
Speaker 4: Listen, here's the thing that's my All of this stuff y'all talking about doing, y'all should be doing all the time.
Speaker 3: Like Valentine's Day is one day.
Speaker 4: What about every day leading up to Valentine's Day and every day after that?
Speaker 6: Nobody want to this every day? That might be something that you gotta wait to come around and do.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 4: We gotta make that day. They gotta take in bj day. They got a cake and kunkin Linger's day. You gotta make a cake and cake and kung lingers. It's kung lingas kung lingus. That's what studs do.
Speaker 5: Very well, Okay, I don't know what it is. That's not my lane.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, we got just with the mess coming up.
Speaker 5: A sad attorneys is not playing. They're gonna do what they gotta do.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Yeahs the world's most day this morning to show the Breakfast.
Speaker 4: Club Charlamagne and God DJ Envy just hilarious and it's time for just what my.
Speaker 5: News is real hilarious, just robbing Moore.
Speaker 2: Just don't do no lines, don't doody.
Speaker 3: World, why jes Worldwi on the Breakfast Club. She's the coaches ship.
Speaker 17: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody.
Speaker 5: Could get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 6: All right, So what's going on in court with a said Rocky? Because really up there just looking like he lined he want money?
Speaker 5: What's what's up?
Speaker 19: Yeah?
Speaker 18: So uh asap Relly still on the stand. It's like day six at this point. I think they're going in to day seven. And in the beginning I really thought that a Sat Rocky was stupid for taking that plea deal.
Speaker 19: I don't think so no more.
Speaker 6: Like you see, it is different and said a couple of days ago. It just makes you, It makes you feel different every day, yes, seeing it.
Speaker 19: Well after yesterday.
Speaker 18: So last night asat both day steps, the Relly's, the Rockies, everybody was in court until late at like yeah, like until like a thirty our time. Relly was on a stand and they were asking him. So he was being cross examined by Joe Takapino, who is a SAP Rocky's attorney. Because the end of last week on Friday, like Thursday Friday, they brought up these like voice phone recordings, right, and in the phone recordings you hear really.
Speaker 19: Saying some things.
Speaker 18: And he alleged last week that this was not him. He didn't know where it came from and mine as well.
Speaker 4: B A.
Speaker 18: I right, well, well there is there is a uh, there's a stand, there's a out of order witness, like a last minute witness who came in, the guy who recorded those phone calls, and they just debunked all of that. Let's take a listen to uh the first audio recording of really.
Speaker 4: Links you know what links you what to do or what need to pick the.
Speaker 3: One from.
Speaker 27: All other publications just picked the top ones, probably real and rollers.
Speaker 7: And then I give you third start.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna try to get that to you that what.
Speaker 18: So what y'all are listening to is so so so so. Last week, his a's attorney was like asking a sap rally, like, Yo, you really did this because you were just trying to blow this up to get some money.
Speaker 19: You wanted to hype your name up off of this.
Speaker 18: That's why you care so much about the newspaper articles and like where it was being posted.
Speaker 19: And he was like, no, that's not true.
Speaker 18: This is a phone call with him telling this guy Wally who used to work for ACEP really in aset rocky building websites and stuff like that, go find the most popular articles, the TMZ article, the Rolling Stone article, and those are the ones I want you to send out because I'm trying to get them circulating around this case.
Speaker 19: So that was the first like.
Speaker 3: Oh what was wrong with that? Though that's pretty normal, that's pretty inderstanding.
Speaker 18: The only issue is is that ACES team is trying to basically say you're only here from money, only here for money in clouds. So and he set himself, no, I didn't care about those newspaper articles. But now you're on a recorded phone call saying go get the Rolling Stone in the TMS ar.
Speaker 3: Are he's trying to just manipulate the minds of potential jurors.
Speaker 19: Whatever it is.
Speaker 18: He said one thing and now in the recordings are saying another, and that don't look too good to Dury.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 18: The second thing that they caught him up on was a conversation around extortion and money.
Speaker 5: Let's take a listen to that.
Speaker 3: Everything quarterly, everything quarterly with you.
Speaker 19: Too late, exactly right.
Speaker 18: But he did go get the attorney. He did everything in the right way. But now you look it crazy because it's like, oh wait, hold on, so that's why you hear. Now let's take a listen to this other clip where he also discusses thirty million dollars.
Speaker 20: Already know I mean thirty years on away because I'm going another island lass.
Speaker 3: You get what I'm saying. He scrambling to find me because.
Speaker 20: Now they have pick up against Rocky to see and he he have evidence. They need the same we present to a jury, then you don't have a complaint waitness.
Speaker 3: Now that one was massing.
Speaker 18: That was crazy, right because basically what you just listened to with him say, look, I'm gonna I want the money, so I'm going to file the civil lawsuit.
Speaker 19: Which he did.
Speaker 3: He don't really care about justice. He wants to get the money. He'll go away. You have to find him.
Speaker 19: Yes, And I think what he thought was if and it's just all you know.
Speaker 18: In my opinion, what I think he thought was gonna happen was if I don't get understand, if I back out, if I would ever so money, there's no case. Money has to be involved though, So maybe acep's gonna pay me out. Maybe whatever in thirty MS is gonna be my number.
Speaker 19: That didn't work.
Speaker 18: He found the civil lawsuit. So now he's on stand looking kind of like whoa and not.
Speaker 4: Even entertaining with it, not even giving us why it's so WOODI just up there.
Speaker 3: Like bland, why he really did set a standard standard?
Speaker 13: Yo?
Speaker 18: Well, I will say, uh, the the like. His attorneys tried to cross the wily guy who recorded these audios and basically said like, yo, ain't ACEP your friend? And he's like, yeah, but I'm friends with both of them. And he also said, well, did he ever tell you he shot him? He said, I never asked him that. They're well, why wouldn't you ask him that if you're having these conversations? So that's how they tried to like soften it a bit, but I don't think it's soften the blow at all.
Speaker 5: You got some more court stuff, I do. Yeah, can we put the moral.
Speaker 4: Of the story on that ACEP story? What stay away from niggas? That's all I got.
Speaker 19: Yeah, that you're right, You're right, stay away. Well, t I and Tiny they are going to be getting some money.
Speaker 18: Remember t I was up here talking about that seventy one mill and Eddie Gott and it was the big thing they're not technically getting in the not technically they're not getting the seventy one million, They're going to actually be receiving fifty three million dollars in punitive damages from the toymaker who copied the Lol girls, I'm the loll surprise on g dolls. Now, what happened was about a month or so ago. A judge went back in and was like, I'm not really for sure about how how well you guys are proving the intent behind them copying the dolls, so I might change his number. When the judge said that what was on the line was they might only get seventeen million, And then judge said, but hold on, give me a second to think about this and kind of look into it more so now it has been finalized, the verdict has come in.
Speaker 19: They're going to get the fifty three.
Speaker 4: Million dollars dropping the clues bombs for the harasses. The first number was what seventy million, seventy one?
Speaker 19: It was the fifty three plus some other stuff.
Speaker 4: Now, when I first heard that number, you know, TI retired. He said he wasn't gonna do no performances or anything like that. I was like, damn, that's messed up. And then when the seventeen number came, I was like, Okay, t I gonna still be on the stage. You'll probably get a PSC album. So I was kind of looking forward special. Yeah, now he's back at what.
Speaker 19: Now he's back at fifty thirty three?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we don't seen all last. Tia shaw y'all getting this tr comedy from here on out.
Speaker 5: He's working on the Special.
Speaker 3: Might get the PSC album since some features probably already done.
Speaker 19: Yeah, because he still got split it with the girls too.
Speaker 18: When he when he was up here, he talked about that like he's gonna make sure that they get what they need to get.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean fifty nine Now I think we can we go into the last one? No, go ahead, Biden.
Speaker 18: So, speaking of getting some money, Biden just signed with the c with c AA, which is a huge talent agency, creative artists agency. They also represent Barack Obama Michelle Obama. This was announced on Monday.
Speaker 3: We don't care.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: We ain't buying nothing by yo.
Speaker 6: When I saw this, I'm like, I know politicians do this normal?
Speaker 18: What is he doing so normally? This means you about to do a book deal. He might do some speaking stuff, maybe a little Netflix.
Speaker 3: Everything you can't We don't care.
Speaker 5: Everything that he can't do.
Speaker 19: He shouldn't do.
Speaker 3: You was you was falling over?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he supposedly can't do it.
Speaker 3: They should make Biden read his own book.
Speaker 12: Like this.
Speaker 3: Will never get it.
Speaker 19: I didn't appreciate this.
Speaker 5: All by nothing that man, I should have went way.
Speaker 19: More quiet than this. I don't like this.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 4: Now when we come back, we got the People's Choice mixed with dj n V. I would tell y'all to call in and request what you want to hear, but that would just be a complete lie.
Speaker 3: We haven't taken a request at fourteen years. Why would we start down going back? Oh?
Speaker 5: No, that's on a Friday exactly.
Speaker 3: So it's the same generic stereo.
Speaker 4: You know, generic stuff every nine o'clock.
Speaker 5: Don't you feel like that's gato? We throw it back on a Friday. Why did you say that for fourteen years?
Speaker 4: You don't mind it?
Speaker 5: I don't mind it.
Speaker 6: No, No, y'all been saying that for fourteen years. We throw it back on a Friday.
Speaker 19: You don't mind it?
Speaker 5: And get it off your chest. That's that's the Lord. That's different to you. If you think about it, get it off your.
Speaker 2: Club.
Speaker 3: Got you check out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Pouring everybody's dj n V jess Hilairischel. I mean the guy we are the Breakfast Club is Black history. Most of what we doing.
Speaker 4: Today, that's right. My guy be dot every day doing Black History Month. He puts out a podcast called I Didn't Know Maybe You Didn't Neither on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast Network, and today he's going to talk to you about sayings. Yes, America was built on sayings, but some of them don't exactly hold up on depression. So in today's episode of I Didn't Know, Maybe You Didn't Neither, be that's gonna break down to catch you phrases that shaped our history with humor and hard truth.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 25: What you need to do is pull yourself up by your bootstraps. That's like the national anthem of personal responsibility in America. But here's the thing, it's not even practical. Like who came up with that? You ever tried to pull yourself up by your bootstraps? Physics won't even let you. You just standing there, you ain't get on leather in the position that the Sisters had Andy dufrayin in in Shawshank Redemption. If you've never seen the movie, you won't get the reference. Moving right along, my point is due to gravity, it is not even possible to pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Another saying in America the American Dream. All we sold that one hard. If you work hard and stay focused, you'll be successful.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 25: That sounds good, but they never talk about that fine printice on the American Dream that says, unless someone decides that they don't like your success.
Speaker 3: For example, Jack Holly my Man.
Speaker 25: Jack was living out his dream, own businesses, land, part of a bank.
Speaker 2: He was basically the Oprah of Slocum, Texas.
Speaker 25: But then nineteen ten rolls around, and instead of being celebrated, a white mob rolls in and says, nah, you've been having too much success, Negro, and they destroy everything. One of his sons killed, his businesses, gone, generational wealth torched. And yet somehow, the same folks who did all that are the ones still walking around today saying, why can't y'all pull yourselves up by your bootstraps? Well, lessen, Karen, we tried, y'all stole the boots, the straps, and then burnt down the shop. Another saying that we love in America history repeats itself. All America lives by this one because Slocan wasn't the only time this happened. Tulsa's Black Wall Street. Same thing, Rosewood, same thing. Look, anytime a black community got a little too successful, somebody showed up with some matches and some insecurity, all in one more saying united, we stand, divided, we fall all right, Coming from a country that's been divided since day one, that saying should also come with a disclaimer, terms and conditions apply. Side effects include systemic racism and selective memory. So while we remember these sayings, let's not forget these slings of families like Jack Holly and massacres like Rosewood and Tulsa. And we know America love is saying, but maybe it's time for some new ones. How About if you see someone thriving, let them keep surviving.
Speaker 3: How about that? Or here's a go one, stop burning up other people.
Speaker 25: If you got some new saynds we should add in twenty twenty five, hit me up on my social media at b dot TV.
Speaker 3: That's b d ah t TV.
Speaker 4: Okay, bye, so make sure you check out I didn't know maybe you didn't need them on the Black Effect. iHeartRadio podcast network available everywhere you listening to podcasts.
Speaker 2: All right, well when we come back, we got the positive notes.
Speaker 3: It don't move.
Speaker 2: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning everybody. It's DJ MV Jesse, Hilari Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Now what are you doing for Valentine's That? You got a dinner a gallley you go into.
Speaker 6: Right, it's a dinner slash galas will be live music.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be catered.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: It's a champagne dinner, right, and it's called Quantum of Love Bond right. So I hooked up with these Nigerians be my folk or whatever, and it's gonna be a nice.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be a nice scam. It's crazy, hopefully.
Speaker 5: Just to be their landscam.
Speaker 6: But it's like anyway, no, So get your tickets, shall if you look at If you're a single, you can come to you. But this is like a coupled event, but singles will be there as well. The dress code is formal and it's black. You have to wear something black and formal. And me and Chris are the couple of the evening and it's also going to be some other special guests as well.
Speaker 5: So make sure you get your tickets.
Speaker 6: At ftkconnect dot com. That's ft K K O N N E C T or one eight three three FTK line or you can go to my Instagram and and uh the Lincolns in the bio to get the ticket show.
Speaker 4: See, that's a perfect event for valentine'sd because if you can't figure out what to do with Valentine's and you just want to do something different, do something like that. Yeah, I've never gone to an event on Valentine's Day ever. Yeah, because people don't really be making Valentine Day.
Speaker 3: Events like that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, but this is the thing like you, you don't got to spend no mass amount of money and I'm just a bout a ticket.
Speaker 5: But it is not really crazy though.
Speaker 6: But you get dressed up, you come and like I said, it's live music. We're gonna have like game being played, and you know it's just it's something great to do.
Speaker 2: That's dope. Yeah, ok, very all right? Well definitely, And how can they get information to get tickets again?
Speaker 6: Yep one eight three three ft K line So that's ft K l I n E or FDK connect dot com or the links in my bio, y'all.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Shela man, you got positive note.
Speaker 4: I do the positive notice from the great Coretta Scott King. She once said hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated. Actually, Martin might have said that, but you know what he probably got from Coreta. He probably was stealing all coredit bars while we're being honest, mart Lawrence, Oh my goodness, yes, Martin Lawrence, the King X you never heard of. He was funny, revolutionary, very strategic, politically amazing breakfast club.
Speaker 2: You don't finish for y'all.
Speaker 13: Do