Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of vivek Rama Trendy named after our New King New gop hot shot.
Speaker 2: Hold on a second, Jack New King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, well I'm a little late to the game, okay, And you've been telling me, you've been talking guy. He's a statesman, scientist. I don't know why I'm talking like Obama.
Speaker 2: But he's also got bars.
Speaker 1: It's also got bars. Yeah. He he quoted Obama during the debate. He roasted Pence.
Speaker 2: Completely, just torched him to the ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and the only thing he did wrong was claimed to be a scientist while also claiming that climate change is a hoax. But that's not that big a deal my indifferences of opinion, you know, Like he seems to have that. He seems to be the young energetic sociopath narcissism, like a form of narcissism that works really well for this sort of thing. Like he seems to have the most juice of anybody. He had the most interesting energy, I guess. Yeah, he had a lot of interesting energy. Yeah. Yeah, he he has the same thing that Trump has. That is like noteworthy because it feels like this isn't going through a like team of political operatives in their brain, you know, like it it feels like it's just he's shooting from the hip and happy to be wrong or not wrong. He just doesn't doesn't believe he's ever been wrong.
Speaker 2: Well, and when you're worth nine hundred million dollars, I mean, yeah, how can you go wrong?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So we'll dig into him a little bit more on tomorrow's episode. But I mean the one that all eyes were on DeSantis heading in and he seemed to know it because he gave us one of the most uncomfortable smiles. I'm I think I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really topped himself. He's had a long, rich history of awkward, off putting smiles that no human would make. And uh, yeah, he's gone above and beyond.
Speaker 1: He says, I will not let you down, and he looks very serious and there's like a lot of conviction, and then his face does a thing.
Speaker 2: That is so it's really it's like it's the most pained. It's like it's like trying to get up off of a couch after you've taken a heroic dose of mushrooms. Like that's how much energy he's putting forest to make the most wan unnatural smile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like his mouth hurts really bad. It looks like.
Speaker 2: Yeah and blew his smile muscles out.
Speaker 1: His cheeks are burning. He he looks like he's never used those muscles before. Producer Victor was saying, it looks like he's like a kindergartener trying to smile for a picture. But like it, I I identify with that. That looks like me trying to smile for a picture, like if I'm on the verge of tears. Like that's he's just he looks like he's in such inner conflict, which kind of makes sense, like he's just he's in an impossible position. I think. I don't think he has the muscle to just not be aware that to just like have everything like kind of bounce off of him. I think he's like thin skinned in a way that does not serve someone in a presidential primary.
Speaker 2: No, because he's he's just got heavy like a high school bully energy.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Uh, And you know everybody knows what happens when you stand up to a high school bully.
Speaker 1: They typically told because they're not really used to. Sometimes they jump kick you in the chest. That's what happened to me when I stood up to a high school bully. As I talked about I think on a recent episode, I pushed a bully back and then he jump kicked me in the chest, and I started crying because of how cool it looked, Like.
Speaker 2: Jack, what were you doing picking on macho man Randy Savage in the first place? I know, just let him bully you.
Speaker 1: Like, I was like, I can't believe he just did that. So not all bullies work like that, but like, there is a certain type of bully where it is driven by, like, you know, a thin, skindidness.
Speaker 2: And he reminds me of the type of bully where it's it's the kid who has like an abusive dad at home and they come to school and take it out on everyone else. Yeah, it's like a deeply insecure, sad little boy type.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see him, and I just yes. There's also the moment where Brett Baer, who was kind of conducting the debate, asked the people if they'd support Trump even if he's a like a convicted felon. Basically, I think is the gist of it. And so the VEC just throws his hand up because you know why the fuck not me, me me, Yeah, And when he does that, it, my guess is everybody else was like, I'm not going to commit to that at this juncture in their brain. Vec puts his hand up, the crowd goes wild, and then we see what the rest of these candidates are made of, and one by one they're all like, woo, me too, me too. But DeSantis is the one who is like most conspicuously chasing the applause. Like he's like, once it's clear that people are applauding, he like throws his hand up and it's just he's just like, it's I don't know, man, it's fun to watch because he's such a fucking piece of shit.
Speaker 2: It really is, it is, and he really is.
Speaker 1: He's just doing such a bad job, Brian, It's it's such a joy to watch him suck this badly. So, yeah, congratulations to him.
Speaker 2: Had another failed sun to follow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So it seems like everyone's strategy heading in was to like not alienate Trump's fans and hope to be sitting in second place if his campaign gets fucked or if he is in prison and like is not allowed to run for president for some reason, and you know, it's just a weird it really, like for being a presidential primary debate really felt like a non event wherever nobody would like say the thing that is actually important, which is that they're all like forty points behind Donald Trump. And so Trump meanwhile, was over on Twitter with Tucker Carlson.
Speaker 2: Oh oh way, Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: So Tucker like on this show seems to be like the research he got was like it seems like he has a intern who just found out about the Internet. And so like that because like when when it was time to like turn right the ship from sagging ratings, he went and like interviewed Andrew Taate. Like it's just like the most like broad scope topics of like, hey, what's the internet talking about? So in this he opens the thing basically by asking the question that's on all American voters' minds. Did Jeffrey Epstein actually kill himself? Juicy? Juicy? That is juicy, Like I kind of respect that, Like that's that's kind of funny. And Trump gave just like a complete rambling non answer. It was just like as possible that he was murdered, many are saying, but he speculated that he probably committed suicide, not because he was facing charges of sex trafficking, but because he was away from his beautiful homes, well in jail, which I don't know. That maybe a little bit revealing about where he's at heading into possibly being in jail, that he doesn't want to be away from his beautiful homes. Yeah, foreshadowing perhaps, yeah, But I mean that is that he gave the CIA exactly what they need if they do decide to off him.
Speaker 2: What if he's for d chessing right now and he's he's plotting to like fake his death. He's going to get like Vladimir to like missile down one of his planes and he's just gonna fuck off to some island somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I could see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he seems to be he's too proud to run away, I think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although he has thrown out the idea that he's going to run to Russia and live in one of those gold domes.
Speaker 2: I read that as how the fuck could I flee?
Speaker 1: That's true, he wasn't serious about that, but anyways. He also took time to criticize how Biden looks in a bathing suit. So I think he looks terrible on the beach. I don't know what they're doing with the beach. The beach seems to be playing a big role. They love pictures of him on the beach. I think he looks terrible on the beach. You know, he's just he like, deep down at his heart, wants to be a media critic. Like that's always what he's been most passionate about. Like he loves he loves talking talking shit about Robert Pattinson's relationships and wait, seriously, yeah, like before he ran for president, he he had these tweets where it was like, Robert, you have to ditch Kristin Stewart. She's a loser. Get rid of her.
Speaker 2: Oh he's wrong with Christen.
Speaker 1: He had this like YouTube channel that was still up when he was like running for president that had like a thousand videos where he was just going on and like giving you his opinions on like media and pop culture.
Speaker 2: He's just doing react video, just react videos. He's just doing Donald Trump, Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: I think this show actually stinks. I don't think it's very good. Robert Pattinson is hot to trot and he needs to get rid of Kristen Stewart. She's just gonna cheat on you, Robert. So I think ultimately that's what he wants to be doing. And so his rather than like having a coherent strategic thing about like this highlights his age. He's approaching the Biden things as like a mistake from a from a campaign strategy perspective, like he's just doing it like a like a political strategist. Which fine, that's great, that's what makes him interesting and crazy. There is a moment that I want, I want to just play.
Speaker 2: Here, please, and we need to hear this one again.
Speaker 1: So this is at one point he starts ranting about the Panama Canal and mosquitoes.
Speaker 2: Now real quick, before we get into this, what was this in response.
Speaker 1: To ran like, it's it's impossible to know. Yeah, I've tried to figure it out. I've tried to, like just in advance, we we did try to figure out who he is, the he that he's referring to, and I'm to figure out.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's Jesus, But anyone really, my man, j C.
Speaker 1: Actually, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and we'll we'll listen to Trump UH during a presidential campaign appearance, UH talking about the Panama Canal. We'll be right back, and we're back and okay, so here it is. We we don't really know what Tucker's question was, but it does doesn't really matter. It couldn't have had a I can't think of a possible question that this could actually make sense in response to.
Speaker 3: So, we built a thing called the Panama Canal. We lost thirty five thousand people to the mosquito. No malaria. Yeah, we lost thirty five thousand people building. We lost thirty five thousand people because of the mosquito.
Speaker 1: So he got stuck there for a little bit, just to reiterate what he said. We built a thing called the Panama Canal. We lost thirty five thousand people to the mosquito. Malaria, We lost thirty five thousand people. We lost thirty five thousand people because of the mosquito.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, one of the true great wonders of the world is he said, one of the nine wonders of the world. Now it was one of the seven. This happened a little while ago. You know, since nine wonders of the world, you could make nine wonders.
Speaker 1: All right, this is where we go off, like completely lose track, lose the thread.
Speaker 2: He took such a hard left turn he completely flipped his fucking jeep. Yeah, because I don't know what he is talking about.
Speaker 1: All right, let's just let him here where, so here, here we go.
Speaker 3: He would have been better off if be stuck with the nine and just said, yeah, I think it's not but this is one of the true seven wonders of the world. And you take a look at the Panama. It was such an incredible engineering Marvel. We sold it under Jimmy Carter, we sold it to Panama.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. My initial response was I must have missed something there, but let me just read the transcript. After saying, we lost thirty five thousand people to the mosquito over and over again and then gone vicious. They had to build under nets. It was one of the true great wonders of So then he gets into the wonders of the world. It was one of the true great wonders of the world, as he said, one of the nine wonders of the world. No, no, it was one of the seven. So then he like gets distracted by the idea of the wonders of the world. No, no, it was one of the seven. It happened a little while ago, you know, nine wonders of the world, you could make nine wonders. He would have been better off if he's stuck with the nine and just said, yeah, I think it's nine. But this is one of the true seven wonders of the world. So in this instance, let me get talking about Brian hold.
Speaker 2: On, Jake. I'm pulling up the calculator because I got to add up these numbers. He might be trying to say something. This might be a que drop.
Speaker 1: When when the when the he comes in is the he himself in the past tense like he is he Donald Trump five seconds ago, and he's like having this meta commentary inside his head about like what he should have said, because he said, you know, the nine wonders of the world, you could make nine wonders. Would have been better off if he had stuck with the nine and just said, yeah, I think it's nine.
Speaker 2: I think he's talking about our one true Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ Christ. Through him, all things are possible, including any world wonders as you want.
Speaker 1: They had to build under nets. It was one of the true great wonders of the world. As he said, one of the nine wonders of the world. No, No, it was one of the seven, which truly, like he shouldn't have cut in with the seven. And so I think he might be like giving it like doing a media commentary on himself.
Speaker 2: Maybe I love how we're he's so stupid that we're we think he might be a genius.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, this is a good metaphor for his entire fucking presidency because uh yeah, for d man he's like viewing it the way doctor Manhattan would view his thing. He's like unstuck from time and.
Speaker 2: Just trying to have a conversation with doctor Manhattan. He's over the map.
Speaker 1: Two sucks. Guy's so boring. Ho on, No, he's like seriously, like look at my big serious dick. Anyways, it was viewed. This interview was viewed like I don't know a lot of people. He was viewed two hundred million times in an hour. This is a win for Trump and for Carlson and like Fox News fuck you, And that's true, Like this is bad for Fox News a lot of but I feel like it's also probably bad for Trump too, Like this was not a compelling So I feel like he is on that diet drug because he does seem to be like losing a little weight in his face in a way that the presidency, being the president of the United States like usually one of the most stressful jobs, like never made him do. So I wonder if he's like just getting a little bit more like he's he's kind of running out of gas and we're we're going to see he's just running. Oh yeah, definitely. You know, his theory on exercise is that we only have a finite amount of energy in a lifetime, and so exercise is just like bringing you closer to an early grave.
Speaker 2: Oh so he's one of those people that thinks, like, you know, your lifespan is determined by how many heart beats you've.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've had.
Speaker 2: H Yeah, basically you only get a hundred thousand heart beats folks.
Speaker 1: So I can tell you he is not running, So I don't know. It's well, we'll see, I mean, we won't see anything. This is all gonna be a mess. Still no, still, no mugshot from this guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was looking before we started recording, and they said he's supposed to turn himself in today. But yeah, yeah, to your point about you know, it looking bad for him, When does anything ever looked bad for him, Jack never Ye like he's got nine hundred felony counts on him and he's still going strong. Sou we will we will see and you can't can't wait, can't wait till he gets in a debate so to hear another solo.
Speaker 1: As of as of this recording, he is supposed to turn himself in in an hour and a half. He's like fired one of his lawyers. We're awaiting the historic mugshot. But the the mugshots of like Meadows and Juliani and all his henchmen are have been a great amuz Bush. I've really appreciated that they've given us a little appetizer because it's really runs the gamut.
Speaker 2: Do you think that.
Speaker 1: Do you have any last thoughts on like what he's going to do and his mugshot? I think he's gonna smile, right.
Speaker 2: I was just gonna ask, just based on the mugshots we've gotten thus far, what do you think? What do you think the odds are like Vegas ods on like his hair like just being completely blown out up top, you know with lighting, or you think he's gonna have more of a Juliani or more of like those other white guys in the mug shots.
Speaker 1: The white guys who's whose photos are completely blown out and like, yeah, they look like.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how are they so varied? Were they taking it with in different places or something, because yeah, some of them are just really you know, really brutal. They really need to upgrade those U upgrade to four K or something.
Speaker 1: It does seem like a total crapshoot, like what the thing looks like because they're using some of the shitty like for whatever reason, mugshots, which are supposed to be this like scientific like aspect of the criminal justice system, is like done with cameras from the late nineties. Like I'm sure they transfer the photographs to like those like mini discs. Yeah yeah, onto a thumb drive. Yeah yeah. So it's it's really interesting. I have no idea what it's gonna what he's gonna look like, other than I do think he'll probably smile because in the past he's usually tried to smile at these sorts of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's a toss up for me between a smile or the tough guy frown that he has. Were just like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah in here, no matter what his his audience is gonna love it.
Speaker 2: He will be ready for picture day. I'm sure of that though.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure, he's in makeup. Like the only thing that's holding him back for from turning himself in is he's in makeup. Is he's getting last looks right now. But yeah, so by the time you hear this, the world will have will be going crazy about those mugshot. And also see they've approved cameras in the court, so this should be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like a regular thing in Georgia. But I you know, I didn't know if they were gonna, you know, let that ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently that's like.
Speaker 2: A whole thing. I don't know if you have that's always like I have family in there, and they like if you get arrested for like random shit, they just put your your picture in the paper, like in the town paper and all that. Great. Yeah, it's it's it's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Florida is the same way. And I've I've looked up old friends mugshots before.
Speaker 2: What I have to Oh hey, buddy, nothing like googling an old friend and finding a mug shot.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, anyways, all right, Well those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday early afternoon. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye