Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, single best Idea and the way we make the sausage is through the show. A couple of the interns are always listening, and they'll decide they see some pithy moment, or I'll say, hey, that was really good, let's do it. And not always, but often, well, if something early in the show that gets pushed aside by something later in the show, or sometimes you don't see something coming and it's so profound that you just stop and say, we have to do this. For single best idea and the way this happened today with the world Class Michael Nathan sent him off at Nathanson on streaming. We talked about the horrific fires in Los Angeles and what it will mean just for the Oscars and what it will mean for Michael Nathanson's industry, but also, you know, his single best idea and the usual you know, Bloomberg surveillance chit chat. But then we somehow stumbled into fan duel and the other one, what's the other one called Draft Kings, DraftKings and fan Duel, and we stumbled into that, and then Damien Sassar, who's Encyclopedica on this with his effort at Bloomberg on Sports was with us and so it was just brilliant. Here is Michael Nathanson on some of the worries state by state of our new sports gambling.
Speaker 2: You may have thought that if we you know, is gambling and they're spending as much as they can, But we're finding we don't need those states to come online anytime soon because on a state by state basis, there's more per capital spending and the competitive dynamic. Right people started with all types of free bet offers, those.
Speaker 3: Platforms have gone away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much a two horse market fan duel and DraftKings. So it's become a dua and the per capitist bank keeps going up. In Tom, I want to let you know I have deep concerns about this as a as.
Speaker 3: A parent and as a citizen, but it's legal.
Speaker 1: Tom. Just fascinating conversation I mentioned later on about you know this is just my old fossil them. I mean, I don't have an opinion on this. I'm trying to not editorialize. But in a college game, I'll see a banner and down below they have the betting numbers in the banner on TV, and I'm like, is that what college sports has come down to is trying to figure out what Ohio State's going to do to Notre Dame and vice versa. I guess that's where we are.
Speaker 3: We continued.
Speaker 1: Damian Sansaar was just absolutely lights out. Michael Nathanson on what we've learned from the United Kingdom in their decades centuries of betting.
Speaker 4: You know, it's interesting the UK has started to put some real guardrails around this topic. Right, So the UK regulars are concerned about just how much ease or how much GENEROSSI has been given to betters and you know, I'm putting, and they put limits on certain types of bets.
Speaker 3: So you know, right now we're in this phase where it's just un chat. Right.
Speaker 5: I have to think ten years from now, Tom, we'll look back and say, oh, we should have done more on regulatory right, but we're in this golden age of letting the market decide how much is enough?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: We'll continue on this. This is all of a sudden the theme I think of interest here for all of our listeners and our viewers on YouTube around the world. We've advantaged of Bloomberg intelligence. Brian Eggers is with us, who's truly encyclopedic on this. We'll have them on more often here into two thousand and twenty five on your community across the nation on Apple carpenty, Androidotto, and Sirius XM Channel one twenty one. Good Morning in New England, ninety two nine down In ninety nine one FM in Washington, and Bloomberg eleven three in New York. We say good Highlight of the day, Putney, Vermont, thank you, launch monachathon for the maple Syrup from the Putney School where it was seven degrees this morning. We're on YouTube podcasts single Best I Do