Speaker 1: I hear that they call him doctor Creepy Teeth and he's.
Speaker 2: Got enough full green tea.
Speaker 1: I hear they's got a pet alligator in his office to make sure.
Speaker 3: You'll sit still.
Speaker 4: Billy says that he heard that instead of hands, he's got pincers that he uses to keep.
Speaker 2: Your mouth open.
Speaker 3: Hmmm.
Speaker 4: Do you all think these things are true or that perhaps you've only heard rumors that someone made up?
Speaker 2: I hear.
Speaker 4: Welcome to Stories for Kids by Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning.
Speaker 2: Today we're thinking about worries.
Speaker 4: And fears and how sometimes we can get ideas in our heads that aren't actually real.
Speaker 2: Let's check back in with our friends.
Speaker 3: So what day's your appointment?
Speaker 2: Lisa?
Speaker 3: Monday? For me, Billy.
Speaker 4: Billy says his is on Tuesday. What about your dentist appointment, Cawie?
Speaker 3: Mine is on Wednesday?
Speaker 1: Yeahhoo, and mine's on Thursday, which means I'm the last to go.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm happy that I'm going first.
Speaker 1: But Lisa, the green Keith, that's a alligator Pencer hands. I know, I know, but if those things are true, I'd rather find out soon, instead of waiting day after day worrying about it.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, look at Elliott.
Speaker 2: Alligator Pi threes.
Speaker 3: Kelly. Yet there's no sense in worrying about it. Everyone has to go to the dentist, and after we go, we'll tell you the truth about him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: No, No, those things are actually real.
Speaker 4: Your friends are right, Elliot. Once you go, you'll find that you had nothing to worry about.
Speaker 1: No, thanks, you know what my teeth are actually find the way they are.
Speaker 3: I don't need to see the dentists. But weren't you complaining about a toothache yesterday? It's all better now, no dentist for me.
Speaker 4: What do you think, lingo kids listeners, do you think Elliot's toothache has actually gone away? And even if it has, should he go to the dentist anyways? Well, here's a very special poem to help you decide. Elliot the Panda had worries and fear as the thought of visiting the dentist drew near. He'd lay awake in his bed with a fright as dreams of alligators came in the night, and as his friends began visiting this new dentist each day they've tried to drive Elliot's worries away. On Monday, Brave Lisa, the first friend to go, said his teeth.
Speaker 3: Are green, Elliot, they're white as the snow.
Speaker 4: Billy went next, saying the dentist was friendly and tall, no fierce creatures, no alligator at all.
Speaker 2: Callie was third and told Elliott.
Speaker 1: He doesn't have pimpsers for hands, and he's actually a nice, friendly, regular man.
Speaker 4: And finally it was time for Elliot's turn, but he didn't show up. His friends would soon learn, and so they went looking for him all around town, and finally they found him, still wearing a frow.
Speaker 3: Elliott, we hard you didn't go to your dentist appointment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we told you that from the dentist isn't anything to be worried about.
Speaker 3: You believe us, don't you. I believe you.
Speaker 2: I just don't need to go.
Speaker 3: I'm fine, like you think, is all gone?
Speaker 2: Well, that's good because we.
Speaker 3: Brought you some curunee peanut riddle your favorite. Wow.
Speaker 1: Thanks everyone, Wow my tooth.
Speaker 2: You guys tricked me.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Elliott, but it was for your own good. We know you've just been avoiding the dentists because you're afraid, but you don't need to be.
Speaker 1: We're coming with you.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 4: Billy says that the dentist has an opening to see you today. It's probably a good idea, Elliott. Even if you're not feeling pain, it's important to get checked regularly by doctors and dentists.
Speaker 3: You've got to practice good brushing habits and flossing.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'll go. And so the friends set out to.
Speaker 4: The dentists again, and the a receptionist was holding a pen. She asked for his name.
Speaker 2: Elliot then gestured to a seat.
Speaker 4: Where he waited nervously, tapping his feet, and finally, when his name was called, Ellie, he found himself facing a man who was bald, hey and friendly and full of great cheer. That's better, and Elliott felt he no longer had any fear. The man explained every tool, he told plenty of jokes.
Speaker 2: He'd say, this won't hurt, you'll just feel a small poke.
Speaker 4: Soon they were done, the man said there's no more, and Elliot's tooth was no longer sore, so he waved and left the big dentist chair and found all of his friends were still waiting there. So He flashed them a smile, then let out a great shout.
Speaker 2: I told you I had nothing to worry about.
Speaker 4: Hey, well, Lingo kids listeners, thanks for joining us for this very special story. Today, we learned that sometimes we get ourselves worried over things that we hear, or even things that we've made up in our own minds, But we should always try to experience things for ourselves, because a lot of the time those worries aren't as bad as we think. We also learned that it's great to have good friends that support us when we're feeling worried about something.
Speaker 2: We'll see you next time.