Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News. Welcome to the Bloomberg This Weekend Podcast with David Gura, Christina Raffini and Lisa Matteo.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us for today's selection of conversations from the show.
Speaker 3: You can listen to our favorite discussions right here on the podcast, but also make sure to join us live every Saturday and Sunday morning starting at seven am Eastern.
Speaker 4: We're on Bloomberg Television, Radio and the Bloomberg Business App, bringing you unique takes and in depth interviews on news, politics, lifestyle and culture.
Speaker 3: We'll get back to that rising youth unemployment in India which is sparked. Student led cockroach movement just managed to houst a cabinet minister while presenting a growing challenge to Prime Minister in rand Remotium.
Speaker 5: The protests highlight the extent to which India's economic rise is failing to include young unemployed graduates, with many feeling their lives and futures are being ignored by the governing party. Joining us now is Bloomberg News Senior reporter Dan Strength.
Speaker 6: Dan, the most interesting.
Speaker 5: Thing to me is the catalyst for all of this seems to have been a set of leaked test answers, Can you please explain why that mattered and how that got us here?
Speaker 7: Sure? Sure, yeah, that's absolutely right. So what was the catalyst in all of this was it was actually a series of leaked what's known in India as exam papers. Essentially, it's the early leak of the actual test itself that was circulating among some students and essentially forced the government to invalidate a huge number of the one of the most competitive tests in India, which is the test to get into medical school. Now this affects hundreds of thousands of students, if not more. It's a highly sought after sort of pathway for high achievers in India, widely seen as kind of a way out of poverty, and it is really it really at the time shook the confidence in the nation's education system, which for a long time has been having trouble really funneling it's many young educated students into well paying jobs.
Speaker 8: So all of this has.
Speaker 7: Kind of culminated come to a head in the last couple of months in the form of this movement that we have seen that has taken to the streets and as you said, has really shaken the politics of India and forced this rare retreat by the government in the form of the resignation of the Education Minister, and you know, calls for this group to kind of carry on it's mandate, to keep pushing and keep calling for reform.
Speaker 3: We were chatting about the name of the group and for us as the Yorker as cockroaches have one connotation, I gather there's a satirical connotation there in India. Explain that if you would. This is the c JP versus the BJP, which is the ruling party, which is helm by Nerandromodi. Explain the joke, if you would, and maybe tell us just a bit about how cohesive this group of young people is.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it is a satirical movement. It started as a sort of a joke among some young people. Uh, you know, it's a play. It is a play on the ruling party, the b JP. What they're calling themselves is the CJP, the cockroach jaunt the party. And it essentially stemmed from what was kind of an offhand remark some months back by the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of India sort of dismissively referring to unemployed young people as kind of cockroaches of society with with with nothing better to do but sort of uh, you know, disrupt things and cause trouble. Now, this did not go well. This did not go down well among some young people, and and they started sort of joking on it online on Twitter. Uh, a sort of riff began to circulate, and and this this joke essentially metamorphized into what became what is what they're calling themselves a political party. It's still not officially that it's it's a movement of sorts, but it's it's this, it's this movement around this sense of aggrievement, this sense of disenfranchisement among young people, that the system is sort of not working for them, that the education system now working for them, that the economy is now working for them, that they're not getting the jobs that they need, and that the establishment, the political class in India isn't listening to them, and worse is mocking them and sort of uh, dismissing them as as cockroaches. So they've sort of taken on this mantle and and and and of kind of sort of wearing it proudly. And you really see, you know, in the form of some of those videos you just showed some of those videos you just showed, you know, embracing this this this sort of cockroach mantle and taking it forward.
Speaker 3: Just one secrecy and Dan wins the show thus far. We're talking about the cockroach movement. He has the kofa s metamorphosis reference there to the way this group has developed. You're in the lead, Dan, You're leader, the leader for it.
Speaker 7: That's far all right, That was entirely that was an entirely unintended.
Speaker 3: Incidental I'm sure as you mentioned it.
Speaker 9: It does sound great, totally derailed by trade of thought.
Speaker 5: But I did want to talk about who was going to these protests. I've been listening to some reports on them throughout the weeks, and it seems like it's not just kids anymore. As there was some crackdowns on these protests, I heard of parents and aunties and uncles like showing up to try to show support because, as you mentioned, these tests are really important, but they're kind of the whole family has stake in them, especially if you're from a not well off family. Those test results are seen as a way to break generations of a cycle of poverty and the amount of pressure that has put on these young people and then to then allow kind of these malfeasance or these leaked test results. People were just really really upset about it. Who's going to these protests and are they specific about what they want?
Speaker 7: So it did start off as a sort of a very much a student led protest. The founder of the movement was a student actually studying in the US at the time of Indian descent, was studying at Boston University. You since come back to help lead the movement here, but it was very much a sort of a movement that started at the grassroots level from students. It has since grown much more widely. I mean, you do see sort of just young people across society joining in the protests, and as you said, many of their family members have also been coming out because you're absolutely right. For many families, you know, many of these students who were taking the tests, who are hoping to go on to these higher education programs that have come under threat, were the first people in their families to do this. I mean, this is you know, India remains, you know, a low income country that puts a lot of priority on education and on the opportunities that education can afford. You're seeing a lot of pathways close off for many young Indians. For example, many who used to go to the US for education or for employment on H one B visas. That was a major pathway for many Indians. Now that's being closed off. So all of these things are kind of coming together, and you do see many more people kind of joining the protests. One big tipping point I think has been what the way the government initially responded to these protests, which was was actually quite a quite a tough crackdown in the form of police coming out into the streets using batons on some of the protesters, using tear gas, allegations of pellet guns as well being used, and a lot of these images and videos of this sort of of this response by the police have circulated widely on social media and really has helped it inflame the movement and actually spread a lot of sympathy I think for many of these protesters, which is which is around the time that you started to really see the movement take off. So it has seen quite a sort of widespread sympathy. Uh, and it's and it's growing, and it really it does show no signs of slowing down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great to speak with you. Thank you very much for the update. Dan Strump showing us for New Delhi here. Stay with us for more on Bloomberg this weekend. Right after this, Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin at Yahoo is one of several world leaders who made the pilgrimage to Washington, d C. This to attend the memorial service for the late Senator Lindsey Graham. And while he was in DC Netanyah who had a meeting with the President. It was productive according to the White House, and excellent according to the Prime Minister.
Speaker 5: All Right, that being said, Israel's elections are less than two months away, and then Yao is facing a formidable challenger from his former military advisor, Gottie Eisenkott. We caught out with David Remnick, the editor of The New Yorker, who just published a new profile of BB's challenger.
Speaker 3: David, thanks for being here, and I want to start with some recent polling here from Channel twelve in Israel. A question to voters was who's the best candidate for Israel's Prime minister? Fifty nine percent said not Netanyahoo. And it makes me wonder how vulnerable is the prime minister right now? As he looks forward to this election.
Speaker 10: I want to mark it down right here.
Speaker 11: He is vulnerable, but I would never count bb netanyah who out. You have to remember this country has moved steadily to the right in the last generation. Younger voters are even more conservative than their elders, and since October seventh, the country has moved to the right. So even though there's a lot of ANTIBB sentiment for reasons we can discuss. And even though Gotti Eisenkob, the subject of the piece that I in New Yorker, is now seemingly in the lead, is three months left in the race, and a lot can happen.
Speaker 5: But can you explain how that doesn't translate to the polls when people go to vote.
Speaker 10: Well, I don't know. It's like long marriages.
Speaker 12: I think.
Speaker 11: I think the country has grown sick of reports of his corruption. There are a lot of people who blame him for the national security collapse on October seventh. There are a lot of people who are angry about the deals he cuts with the ultra orthodox so that they don't have to go to the army or not get arrested for dodging the draft. There's a multiplicity of reasons. You know, pick your poison. Most of the reasons are not the reasons that people here dislike. And I should add and I should also say it's very important to know I think tragically that the business of two states and Palestinian rights is not exactly in the center of the campaign.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Gottie Eisencott, whom you profile in the piece. He's somebody who knows Natyahu very well. He was in the IDF for four decades and the knnessa after that. You describe him as the anti BB. Tell us a bit about his platform and how it contrasts with what we see from the Prime minister.
Speaker 10: Again, I don't.
Speaker 11: Want to mistake eisen Kott for some you know, a man of the left. For example, this is somebody who is the chief of the General Staff under Nettagna, who that's the top military position.
Speaker 10: It's like being the head of the Joint Chiefs.
Speaker 11: But I think that there's a very personal attached to Eisencott that israelis no longer have in the main with Nettagne, who he's seen as more honest, more sincere, and I think that they reflect they see something in him that they see in themselves a certain brokenness, a certain damage, exemplified by the fact that Eisincott lost his own son and two.
Speaker 10: Nephews soon thereafter in the war.
Speaker 11: So there is a certain kind of heart that he projects that Netta, who certainly does not a lot of Israelis, really resented Netta Yahoo for his seeming indifference to the hostages and the hostage families during during the war, and.
Speaker 10: That caused a lot of anger.
Speaker 11: His antipathy, not his antipathy, but seeming indifference to them.
Speaker 6: That surprised me.
Speaker 5: I remember I was talking to a couple hostage families who are very conservative and very on the right side politically, and we're just absolutely furious at NATANIELO and saying this would be his downfall.
Speaker 6: But to your earlier point, so how so far it hasn't been.
Speaker 5: Do you think Eisencott because he's not exactly dichotomist? Is he a good choice because he's not completely on the other side of things? But as you said, it's you would never count beb out completely.
Speaker 10: Let me be clear about this.
Speaker 11: Israel is in no way going to elect someone from the left as we understand it here. Israel, much as you might want them to. Is not going to elect someone in this election cycle or anytime soon who makes it a priority to talk about the rights of the Palestinians, the future of a potential Palestinian state. That is just not the agenda. Even Yayrglanos, the head of the Democratic Party, when he talks about two states, he talks about it in the distant future, whatever that may be.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 11: They were also, i should say, because it's rarely mentioned in Israel, a fifth of this country, twenty percent of the country are Palestinian citizens of Israel Arabs.
Speaker 10: They also get a vote.
Speaker 11: But in this coalition arrangement and the current political mood of Israel, it is an unsayable thing to say that you could you'll make a coalition with those voters, which complicates matters even more. Netta Yaho is going to and is already attacking Eisenkott for being too friendly to Arabs or willing to make a government with the Arab of parties. This campaign is going to get lower and lower and dirtier and dirtier. Nah who speaks the Trumpian language of the deep state, and he refers to us meeting the press as enemies of the people. There's a real interplay between Trump and Natanyahu, a real influence back and forth between the two of them, even though their relationship lately has suffered.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about that in just a minute, but first I wonder if you could draw that contest. We talked about the kind of ideological or political contrast, but between these two so much as there is one, how about in terms of political polish And you're kind of getting at that a moment to go. So when you were on the campaign trail with him, listening to him speak, how different does he present from a Benjamin at Yahoo.
Speaker 11: It's not Eisenkott is anything but a polished campaigner. He is not an exciting orator. He comes across and you'll forgive the iiddishism as a kind of Menshi guy, But this is also an army general and the author of the Dahia doctrine, which is a rather brutal military doctrine of destroying civilian infrastructure as a way to flush out terrorists who hide within it, whether it's in Lebanon or later in Gaza. But his personal bearing on the stump, his imagery in the Israeli imagination is quite different than Ettenio was, You're absolutely.
Speaker 5: Right when it comes to the Trump a BB relationship that David was referencing.
Speaker 6: It's certainly gone through its ups and downs.
Speaker 5: But previously when campaigning, you know, there were posters of the two of them put up across Israel, and he was really leading into this relationship. I'm wondering, coming off of Iran, if that's something he should be doing. Was Iran seen as it's a liability for BB strategically and where does that leave his relationship going into the election.
Speaker 11: You make a crucial point, a crucial point, and here's the crux of the difference. It's not personality. The crux of the difference is that for Netsagne, who it's in his greatest political interest for the war to keep going. For Trump, he can't get out of this war soon enough, even though he seemingly does not know how to, because he's in up to his neck Trumps politically, who's facing the midterms. He is seeing gas prices soar, he's seeing two thirds of the American people or seventy percent of the American people against this war, seeing it as a strategic disaster, and they don't know why the hell were in in the first place, whereas the Israelis have been sold a bill of goods, believe it or not, since since Netagne, who came on the political scene decades ago, Netannell, who has been trying to sell American presidents and going to war with Iran since the nineties, and since George W. Bush, Obama, any number of presidents, and.
Speaker 10: Trump was the first to say yes.
Speaker 11: But now Trump finds himself looking to get out as quickly as possible, and deeply resentful of Nataniell, who he loved, Nataya who when he was a winner, and not so much when things have gone south.
Speaker 3: Day before you got this job, you were at the post. You covered Russian and I think we want to spend a couple of minutes talking about that. I mean, there's been a lot of conversation among experts about the position that Vladimir Putin is in right now. And we see the gains that Ukraine has made here in recent months, really pushing into Russian territory, and there's this sense that if Putin doesn't have his back to the wall, maybe it's getting closer to that. How do you think about his grip on power and the potential consequences of that him being forced in a position where there is more vulnerability than we've seen in the last couple of years.
Speaker 11: Let me say what most reporters are unwilling to say when faced with a television camera.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 11: In other words, there's so as opposed to the Israeli political culture, to some extent, the American political culture, which is relatively relatively transparent and reportable, the ability to report inside the Kremlin and understand what might happen tomorrow in terms of opposition and so on and so forth is relatively obscure. It's a little bit like the old days of you know, in communist times, pre Gorbachev. However, I will say that a combination of strategic foolishness, the change in military technology, and the sheer will of the Ukrainian people has seen after all this time, You're absolutely right, or reversal of fortune. And it is deeply embarrassing to Vladimir Putin that the Ukrainians are able to send drones into Russian territory and take out things like, you know, manufacturing depots or energy sites or what have you. This is deeply embarrassed, and this is you know, the asymmetric kind of war that we've been hearing all about.
Speaker 10: The losses on the Russian side are enormous, enormous.
Speaker 11: No American president would be able to withstand that politically. But because Putin is a dictator and there's no feedback loop politically, he remains in power. But if you're asking me, can he be overthrown tomorrow? The answer, quite honestly, is I have no idea, and neither do you. And if somebody is telling you different in the press because they have an inside source or something, they're guessing, they're guessing.
Speaker 6: Fair enough, but quickly before I let you go.
Speaker 5: I mean, if this is not sustainable for him and he's left with two choices, that's capitulate slash negotiate, come to the table, figure something out, or with his backup against Well, David was saying, do something extreme. Which of those directions do you think he goes?
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 11: I don't think he wants to be in this situation, but the humiliation of withdrawal to him would be extraordinary. He staked his entire political biography and being on the idiotic and brutal war, absolutely staked upon it. And it would not surprise me that what might bring an end to it is mortality.
Speaker 10: Mortality.
Speaker 6: Stay with us for more on Bloomberg this weekend.
Speaker 5: Right after this, FIFA President Johnny and Fantino has abandoned a controversial plan to create a commercial entity that would have opened the door to outside investors for the World Cup after facing intense opposition from key regional football bodies and top clubs.
Speaker 3: In a statement posted by FIFA to ex Infantino said quote, having listened carefully to all the views, it's become clear that the project has created divisions of a nature that, regardless of the level of support, are no longer in the interest of the objective set out out in the first place. Joonie Studs, Bloomberg Senior sports supporter Randa Williams Randall, great to see you, and let me just start about start with kind of how far Johnny Infantino has fallen here. He was all over the country, all over the hemisphere during the World Cup.
Speaker 5: I we just do a story on you, like more jet miles than almost anybody.
Speaker 3: Else, cruising around in that Gulf stream up for reelection in March, enjoying quite a bit of support. Let's just start with the genesis of this idea, Where did it come from? On the heels of a fifteen billion dollar World Cup? Why did you feel like this was the moment to kind of push forward this planet's falling apart?
Speaker 13: Well, Bloomberg previously reported that this was in progress way before the World Cup started, And so I imagine that Johnny and Thankina knew that this World Cup was going to be the most successful yet in large part because the US, Canada and Mexico has stadiums set up unlike any other country in the world. And so he's looking at it and saying, Okay, we're going to make more money than we've ever made. But why don't we make even more money than that? I have this private deal set up. It's good for everybody. And then you a finda cast would have stomped on that. And now he is in big trouble.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have a statement this morning from UEFA. It says it welcomes FIFA's withdrawal of plans of seal stake in the World Cup. But it goes on and says we cannot keep going on like this with secret schemes on fast track time scales cooked up by faceless individuals and a dubious benefit to the game. We must identify those responsible and hold them to account. The current FIFA leadership has not only lost UEFA's confidence, but also that of many other members of the football family.
Speaker 6: I mean we were talking, how do you really feel you A?
Speaker 3: I feel that right.
Speaker 8: I mean, that's not a lot.
Speaker 6: Of subtlety there, Randall. But is this real?
Speaker 5: I mean, he had kind of shored up his position so that he couldn't be kicked out, but it seems like that maybe a reality.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's a big question going forward. And you mentioned his reelection in March. I imagine that this puts a lot of question marks around it because they go on to say that the shabby, backroom, opaque deal he hatched and tried to force through was anything but transparent, and with reserves standing at over five billion dollars, he has failed to use association's money for the benefit of the game.
Speaker 8: And so they're basically saying, we don't trust you anymore.
Speaker 13: You have five billion dollars in your bank account, why do you why do we need twenty billion dollars more? And why did the world need this four point two billion dollar deal with Joshua Kushner Strive Capital he is. I think he's going to have to do some campaigning to keep his job come March.
Speaker 3: Last I checked FIFA a nonprofit entity. How should we think about this in the context of that. You mentioned Joshua Kushner, Thrive Capital, the fund that he was creating here, the work that he's done with past athletic teams. This is a departure from the way that FIFA has operated for for a long time. Or should we no longer regard it as a nonprofit edity? How did Johnny and Fantina kind of make the case that what he's doing here wasn't jeopardizing that categorization.
Speaker 13: Well, it has to be a nonprofit now that his deal failed you. I think if you look at a comparison of this, people are talking about this in comparison to the PGA Tour versus the PGA Tour Enterprises, which is the tour's for profit arm. But that came about because Live Golf was actively threatening the PGA Tour. There was a legitimate rivalry between those two organizations for a couple of years, and the PGA tor Enterprises helped settle that. It helped right some wrongs and helped steer golf in the right direction. And so that was with the PGA tors version and it's been welcomed by everybody involved in the golf world. This was not this is this was as if you know, the PGA Tour did it. And then the players said no, this is not right. And so from FFUs perspective, it's like you can't have a for profit arm because France, England, Portugal, Germany and so many other superpower nations are saying we don't trust your money and we don't trust your head.
Speaker 9: Figure, how did he get here?
Speaker 5: Is this a bit of a self owned because you look at where he was in his position and then there was a controversy with the red card, his closeness to President Trump, and it just seems like he thought he had political capital that he didn't really have, especially coming off of some of those other controversies.
Speaker 13: Well, it's really interesting, like President Trump said yesterday that Gianni and Fantino and he did not discuss this deal. I wonder what would have happened if they did. But if you go back farther than the flow Balligan controversy, Gianny and Fantino, I would say has been pandering to President Trump for over a year now. President Trump received a peace prize in December. I want to say less than thirty days later, maybe a little over thirty days later, we went and seized Venezuela's president. Sixty days after that, we went to war in Iran. And so FIFA's pandering to President Trump has long made Yuefa and other members of FIFA very very uncomfortable you think about outside of politics.
Speaker 8: We also had hydration breaks.
Speaker 13: Those things are not normal in soccer DUEFA was not a fan of that either, And ultimately those things were to maximize revenue.
Speaker 8: The claim was that it was going to be very very hot during the summer, but really it wasn't. In different climates like Miami.
Speaker 13: Of course they might have needed them, but here in New York it was not sweltering.
Speaker 3: Those sprinklers on every quarter they have all right, let me ask you just sort of about where things go from here. And I think we've seen the power of these other groups, UEFA, the kind of the Asian Federation. What does that tell you just about the power that FIFA holds generally. I think there are a lot of folks kind of coming to this story cold unaware of the power that FIFA has had historically. But what does it tell us that these kind of regional federations have wielded and continue to wield a lot of powered influence here going forward.
Speaker 8: Well, FIFA's main event is the World Cup.
Speaker 13: They have been trying to build other events, both the Men's and Women's World Cup, and they added the Club World Cup, which sees you know, clubs like Real Madrid and FC Barcelona as well as in Miami compete.
Speaker 8: But outside of that, that's what FIFA is known for.
Speaker 13: The UEFA is known for the EuroLeague, excuse me, the Champions League, the euro Cup, and then you go all around the world in different federations have different tournaments that players think of similarly to the World Cup. Now, of course, the World Cup is the big prize that everybody wants to win, but if that's your only thing, then everybody is sort of looking at you and saying, you know, why don't you just stick to the formula of what you had. The World Club has worked every four years for both men's and women's. It's more popular than it's ever been. You know, it's made more money than it's ever been. So why does this twenty million dollar deal need to happen.
Speaker 8: And I think that, you know, in.
Speaker 13: Terms of the power that these organizations have, we just saw witness. We saw UEFA and Concacast stomp on this and say we're out, and next thing you know, within forty eight hours or maybe seventy two hours, this deal is dead.
Speaker 5: All right, Rada Williams, thank you so much for joining us and breaking that down. You are, of course, our senior business of sports reporter and the host of Sports City and the co host of the Business Sports podcast.
Speaker 4: Stay with us for more on Bloomberg this weekend.
Speaker 3: Right after this, well, here we are Bloomber this weekend. Time for the pointed news quiz.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling very outnumbered and like collusion is about.
Speaker 3: Well, there's no collusion. I just want to emphasize that this is a self regulated body, but there was no empty Are.
Speaker 6: We a nonprofit?
Speaker 9: Should we be a nonprofit like FIFA.
Speaker 14: We're thinking about some investment on broad definition of the terms.
Speaker 3: Tim stat of a fully in for Lisa Mateo today quite capably, I must dad.
Speaker 12: Well, it is the moment.
Speaker 14: Thank you, by the waylcome, it's it's.
Speaker 9: The capable.
Speaker 14: Waiting Yes, I agree.
Speaker 12: This is the pointed news quiz. Yes, you can play along at home if you have never played just Bloomberg dot com slash pointed. You can do it on your mobile device or on your computer. Pay attention, though, because he's the rules.
Speaker 3: What are the rules?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 12: You guys each have thirty chips?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, thereabouts.
Speaker 14: I feel like way bets.
Speaker 12: They look like they could be. Don't you replace your bets on each category? Depending on how you really feel about these categories? Here the category I level of confidence?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 3: Categories Here the category I'm interrupt He doesn't like my interruptions.
Speaker 9: Like you're derailing his motive.
Speaker 12: Stop it, d I just want to make sure we have time to get I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, here the category there's.
Speaker 12: They're not just categories, but a bonus question too. All right, don't tell us that online shopping online shopping sandwiches. Car chargers okay, car chargers.
Speaker 6: EV chargers are like a charger for my phone in the car.
Speaker 12: You'll find out. Okay, interesting, we're actually going to go a little bit out of order.
Speaker 3: Okay, we are, Yeah, that's not how this.
Speaker 12: No, we're not going to go out I kind of want to change it up.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm ready.
Speaker 9: All right, I'm going to split across.
Speaker 3: Oh you're really I feel confident in my sandwich knowledge.
Speaker 5: Okay, I feel confident your sandwich knowledge. Okay, okay, are you ready?
Speaker 3: I'm ready?
Speaker 14: All right, first category, we're going with online shopping.
Speaker 12: Let's go with sandwiches.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh really yeah, I got to move that of ear.
Speaker 12: Okay, all right, sandwiches. Excitement impatience baby like wonder, says what spokesman in an ad for the recently I POD Jersey mics.
Speaker 3: Say that one we're talking.
Speaker 9: What's the question?
Speaker 12: Excitement impatience, baby like wonder, says what spokesman an ad for the recently I p O for his name.
Speaker 3: You know, this was a major I p O this week as we saw this move into consumer I pos And have you.
Speaker 12: Guys been to Jersey Mikes?
Speaker 3: I used to go growing up. I haven't been in a long time. You order by number, you pick a sandwich, really miracle menu?
Speaker 12: Okay, what do you have?
Speaker 6: Christina Jersey Mike?
Speaker 7: I don't know that.
Speaker 12: David's right there.
Speaker 14: He is, you can see him right there with and a Manning Brother.
Speaker 9: Interview.
Speaker 5: I read two articles Danny DeVito was never mentioned.
Speaker 3: And I have ten of your tokens to give to you. Don't get them, you have to hand them over there you go.
Speaker 9: All right, Well, okay, Lisa, so much, Lisa.
Speaker 12: All right, play along at home. Bloomberg dot Com flash point, all right, what's we're there? I'm leaving the online shopping marketplace vented, vented, spell for me, vented, v I n t ed vnted.
Speaker 3: Like vented with an eye exact vintage.
Speaker 12: It's expanding into the US and molling an I p O. What type of product is sold?
Speaker 10: Nt answer?
Speaker 3: Vented vented like vin Vin diesel Vin vintage. All right, I think I'm gonna go with that, Okay.
Speaker 12: I love to hear in the music, Christina says, it's like you second hand clothing, clothing, vintage clothing.
Speaker 5: It's not all vintage. It's like second hand fashion stuff.
Speaker 12: Personally, except that as a correct answer, Wow, David, vintage clothing. Yeah, second hand clothing.
Speaker 3: Is all right, excellent, gave you the great I was going to say, yeah, spelled it out to the course of this vintage vinted tell me more about it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's yours largest online clothing resell market. Do you know about this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they're really popular because they don't charge a fee to the seller, so you can sell your clothes and get more money for them. Because anybody who's tried to second hand retail online you get hardly anything for it. You get more if you list on vinted.
Speaker 3: You do. Yeah, have you found one in the city yet that you enjoy? Okay, you don't have to reveal them on here.
Speaker 12: This was founded in two thousand and eight in Lithuania and it's process twelve point three billion dollars worth of secondhand clothing West last year.
Speaker 3: It's a big men's clothing and women's I think, so, I don't know, is it? I think? So stay tuned next week.
Speaker 14: Usually I mean to them. Yeah, usually usually it's easier to.
Speaker 9: I'll find you boys. Some blazers, don't worry, all right.
Speaker 3: Third question? All right, I bet nothing on this, so I'm just caring.
Speaker 12: What are we doing? You guys are car chargers. You guys are tied one to one.
Speaker 3: The way I bet twenty on that first one.
Speaker 5: I think I get half a point for his because I gave him the answer.
Speaker 12: All right, Well, you keep you guys can keep track of the masks car chargers. What retailer is second only to Tesla in expanding its EV charging network in the second quarter. It's also the nation's largest grocer.
Speaker 3: I do know this one nation's largest grocer.
Speaker 12: Maybe I shouldn't have given that for a clue.
Speaker 14: It's ok.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that good thing. I didn't bet any chips on it, I wrote Kroger.
Speaker 12: Walmart Christina is right. Walmart is betting its investment in EV ports juice sales inside its stores, since drivers need something to do while their cars are charging. Yes, Walmart is creating one of the country's largest EV charging networks, nearly three hundred and fifty stations spread among its forty six hundred stores.
Speaker 9: It was the largest gross.
Speaker 3: I guess we have time for a bonus.
Speaker 12: We have time.
Speaker 3: I don't need it, but we.
Speaker 12: Have time for a bonus.
Speaker 6: We're time.
Speaker 3: You have twenty all right?
Speaker 14: All right, okay, alright, that's the category.
Speaker 3: All right one?
Speaker 12: Which country will host Formula one for the first time in nine years after agreeing to take on Bahrains postponed Grand Prix.
Speaker 14: What's it going to be? I don't know, I really don't know.
Speaker 12: It's going to be called.
Speaker 3: Kid, I wrote, Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 12: Oh okay, neither of you got it right. That's good. It's it's Malaysia, Malaysia. I'll be hosting the event. It's going to be called Bahrain Grand Prix in Malaysia was postponed due to disruption caused by the war in the Middle East. Malaysia actually hosted F one races for nineteen seasons, but were retired of the expensive staging fees and falling ticket at our expensive I remember there.
Speaker 9: Used to be a race in Malaysia.
Speaker 14: Yes, bye.
Speaker 9: Watch the Netflix show back in the day.
Speaker 3: Tim Sik, thank you very much. Happened to win three weeks in a row, David Gerrol winning pointed with Simsonaglaht. So you can test your knowledge on all ten questions.
Speaker 5: Good sport when my winning streak was going hot, take the.
Speaker 3: Point of news quiz at Blomberg dot Com. Slash pointed on the Bloomberg Business app. It is available as well.
Speaker 9: Thank you for joining it.
Speaker 2: Luck next week, Thanks for joining us on today's Bloomberg This Weekend podcast. Don't forget to tune in live for the show every Saturday and Sunday morning, starting at seven am Eastern.
Speaker 3: We're on Bloomberg Television, Radio, and the Bloomberg Business App, bringing you unique takes and in depth interviews on news, politics, lifestyle and culture.