Speaker 1: Kabooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Mahler and Danny g As the weekend rolls on, Happy Sunday, Sunday Sunday. The other half of the Final four of the NFL will be determined today. We got double barrel action, some weird starting times, not weird but not normal. Things are a little wonkye in the NFL's time of the year. So the early game today, Danny, we've got the Lions and the Box that'll start at three o'clock eastern, but noon here in the west where we do the pod from so Bucks and lines. One of those teams is going to be in the Final four and later on, but at not the eight o'clock window East coast time. This is six thirty eastern, three point thirty in the West, we will have the Chiefs and the Buffalo Bills. Will we get lake effects snow? In Orchard Park, New York? Inquiring minds would like to know, but Eddy were united here on this the twenty first day of January.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm more concerned about the snow that's going to be in Detroit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, that's good journalism there. The newspaper business is going very well. Do we know who that person was that asked the question?
Speaker 4: We know they've they've been hiding her like secret ninjajas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think the reaction is? Remember those sideline reporters that got all upset with Carrissa Thompson when she Remember she did that thing a few months ago where she said that she just got made up quotes and all these other women attacked her. Can you imagine what those women's sideline reporters think of this woman that question? Holy crap on a cracker. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you don't know what we're talking about. A female reporter asked Todd Bulls, the coach of the Bucks, how he was going to make adjustments with his players for the very cold weather in Detroit, and he very politely He was very polite.
Speaker 4: He very politely told her.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if you know, but they play in a dome there, so twenty seconds that will be in the weather from the bus to the venue.
Speaker 4: I think my players can handle it.
Speaker 1: So so good, so good. She did, and she did like the long winding road question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, super proud of her question.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And you normally only get one question at these things, and that's the question. You drove, you got in your car, you drove down to the Buccaneers facility, and you sat there and waited for your opportunity, and this was the question you asked this. What hell was her backup question? My goodness? Anyway, why don't we just get to the mailbag. I have some other stuff. Well, we'll start with the mailbag and then see where we're at. How about that, let's do.
Speaker 4: The yo al strike up the band. It's this mail bang there.
Speaker 1: He is our buddy, the great Ohio al Man has provided us with great content and we play it every week on this show. We do the mailbag every Sunday. If you would like to send letters into the mailbag. We've got some new voices. The last couple weeks have been great and I love that we've got some new people writing in. Not that we don't love the same that write in every week, but we want to get some new people on the mail bag. So if you've listened, and we know the numbers, you're listening, and if you want to be one of the newbies on the mail bag, you can email me Real fifth hour at gmail dot com me and Danny Greel fifth hour at gmail dot com. Ask us anything you want, any kind of question you want, and will be good to go. And these are actual questions by actual fellow pod listeners who have either sent email into the Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com or posted on the Facebook page which is Ben Malors Show. First one comes from Craigster, coach list in Seattle, says, hey, Ben and Danny, I've got two questions for you. What advice would you give a first time better on how to place a football bet at a Las Vegas sportsbook? And what's the age of the oldest woman you've considered to be hot? He says, I hope we both have the same definition of hot. That is from Craigster in Seattle. So I'll handle the first one and then you can handle the second one. The first one. Yeah, my advice always when it comes to sports betting, there's a couple of things that I tell people that are just the general baseline rules. The most important thing is it is recreation. You're not going to make a living betting on sports. You're not, So you have to go into this with the mindset you have a budget, and if you go over the budget or you reach the budget, that's it. You have a certain amount of money disposable income that you're willing to bet. Now, after that, you have to come up with a formula, and everyone's got their own thing. Generally speaking, if you actually want to have a shot to win, you have to bet an odd number of straight bets. You cannot bet rlas. You will just do the math on the parlay. I know people get upset when I say this, but the parlay is like a lottery ticket. Yeah, people win the lottery, but not many, right, not many? And when people do win the lottery, it's astonishing because they defied the eye popping odds. So the way that you need to do it is yet you pick either three games or five games. Usually the sweet spot for most people would be three games on a given NFL Sunday. If you can find three games that you feel are intriguing enough for you to put a little money down, and then it's it comes down to money management. You have a budget and you have a certain amount of money that you have to wager. Now you have to know going in here the house advantage on this and what you need to do in order to win. There's a certain percentage that you have to hit. And I know we talked about this on benny versus the penny and the percentage because if you just win half your bets, you lose money because of the juice. You've got to go over that number. The juice is what gets you, and so you have to win. I think the fine, I think the percentage is like fifty three and a half percent or something like that. But usually if you do three bets, you win two out of three, you've won a little bit of money. Maybe you'll win all three and that's great and you're you're wonderful and you can go out and have a big party and all that. But that's what you look work because the house, the house advantage is to win one hundred usually have to be one hundred and ten or one hundred and five to win one hundred and then they make their money on that extra extra percentage. It's the house the house edge. So money management is the is the main thing. And you know, you don't want to go crazy with this stuff, and that's that's the problem. But people go into these casinos, Danny, and they don't realize the house edge. Their sensibilities go away and they think chi ching, chi ching, chiching, and it's not chi ching chi ching. Welcome to realityville.
Speaker 4: And you're like a gambling there. That was a really.
Speaker 3: And uh, I guess it's like Mark Shawn Lynch famously said, no juice.
Speaker 1: Well, you know here is is because I've had so many guys email me over the years saying, dude, I lost so much money. You know, I got to get out of the hole. And I'm like, dude, what are you doing? Don't get in the freaking hole. Okay, just avoid the hole. But keep in mind, Danny, that I give this advice regularly when people email me, all right, back off into the newbies. They don't listen. They still they still do whatever they want to do, and they waste their money and all that stuff, and so uh that and Also when you one other piece of advice, Crikster, when you're betting on sports, try to avoid where the popular teams are, Like the Dallas Cowboys are a great example. The Cowboys are always inflated on the point spread. You're not getting a lot of value with the Cowboys because there's so many Cowboy fans and so many people that bet on the Cowboys at the the gambling houses inflate the line on the Lakers and Cowboys always have inflated lines. That's a couple of examples there, and so you just have to kind of know that going in and you know, figure it out. But that was a long answer to a short question. Now, Danny, the main question from Fresher, what's the age of the oldest woman you have considered to be hot?
Speaker 3: Two fifty four year olds that are still in the hot category. That would be one Jennifer Lopez and two Jennifer Aniston a couple of Jennifer's and Ben I got to point out Jennifer Aniston is on a great Apple TV series called The Morning Show. Is worth getting the free three month trial to Apple tv just to watch this. You would especially like this, Ben, because it's behind the scenes, all the drama and mayhem that goes on with big corporations behind the scenes of this TV morning show got National Morning show. It is awesome, so well produced, directed, written, and Jennifer Aniston and an actor named Billy Krut. He is an amazing actor in this series. So once again the Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know the exact age, I will tell you Craig, and I don't know if you feel this way Danny as well. But as I have gotten older, the age of women I consider hot has also gotten older. He has like a sliding scale, you know what I mean. Like when I was younger, I was like, you know, c it gives us like a cut off at like you know, thirty five or something like that. But as I've gotten older, the age has gone up. The age has gone up, and it's it's on a case by case basis. So I don't know. I just like no names that I have at the top of my head. But I have noticed as I've gotten older that the age of the women that I find attractive has also gone which I think is the way it's supposed to work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense if you and I were both still single. Guys, our dating app would be our Time dot com. It's our Time.
Speaker 1: Yes, Oh you like Rob Parker and dat the Golden Girls. You know you just go out girls and all that. Fory Wright said with the mailback, Ben and Danage, what is the most awkward meeting that you have had with a p one in person? That is a dangerous question I've had. I've had the full spectrum of meet and greets with fans of the show, and most of them have been great. They've been wonderful. I mean even the bad ones have been good. The craziest that I'll give you a couple examples right now, Corey. I met Doc Mike in Kansas City. I was at a meet and greet at a restaurant that named chicken Fingers after me in Kansas City a long time ago. I'm going to decapitate a goat and bring it to that restaurant. Yes, he shows up, he has his own table, he's autographing T shirts, he's just calling the show. He's just Doc Mike. He printed up some T shirts. He had more stuff to give out than I had, which was odd. And then when the event ended, we were walking to our rental car and Doc he walks out. He's like, hey, I got something for you. So we're in this neighborhood I'm unfamiliar with in Kansas City. It wasn't a terrible neighborhood, but it was like a great neighborhood. I didn't really know what kind of neighborhood it was. I'd never been in Kansas City before. It didn't seem like it was the nicest part of town. So we're walking to the rental car. Doc's like, oh, hold on a sec. It's kind of a dark street. DOC says, hold on, I'm gonna get something. He gets down on his hands and knees. He's like Futson around behind his car. We don't know what he's doing. He then stands up at the time I'm dating my wife, he stands up in this dark street holding up a screwdriver. So you see docs like eyes and then you see the screwdriver. He says, I got something for you, and he holds up the screwdriver, and then on the other hand, he holds up a license plate. He had taken his license plate off of his car and given us the doc mic license plate, which is the second greatest license plate that I own. The greatest license plate is one of the imprisoned members of the Mallard militia who had a license plate from the state of Florida snuck out of prison with my name on it and sent to the radio station, which is still nuts to me that I know. How do you sneak out a license plate from a prison? I don't know, but the guy did it. And I think the statute of limitations has run out on that because it's been about twenty years. But and I I met Roscoe the Parrot and David from Winter Park, Florida in Boston. That was odd. He drove all the way from Florida for a two hour meeting meet and greet at the Cask and Flagging in Boston, right there across from Finway. And he's quite the character. He said he had Roscoe the Parrot. So I was like, I want to meet Roscoe the Parrot. He said, sure, no problem, on Rosco's in the car. I'm gonna go get Rosco. I'll bring him back in. So he goes out to the car. I forget about it. About fifteen minutes later he walks back into the place and there he is with Roscoe the Parrot. A stuffed animal parrot, and he pretended to talk like like the parrot could talk. It was it's wild. Well, what about you that you've met some.
Speaker 4: Frid Yeah, usual, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I won't bore you with the stories about the female listeners I impregnated. Instead, there was Rod, the mayor of Bakersfield, who came to the studios one night to prepare stakes for us, like he had done one time in the past. His buddy rode along with him, and his buddy was super drunk in our kitchen. Still remember the look on your face as this drunk dude was waving around butcher knives.
Speaker 1: I recall this night.
Speaker 5: I have.
Speaker 1: Vague memories of actually not even vague memories. I recall the awkward position that we were all in because of what had happened, Like we invited Rod and we didn't. I don't think we invited his buddy to come with us, right.
Speaker 3: No, No, we love Rod to death. He's been a great p one. But this guy who his friend who rode with him, was you know, drinking shotgu style a little too much. On the ride from Bakersfield to Sherman Oaks. Boy, he was all over the place talk about sloppy drunks.
Speaker 1: I'm on drugs right now.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: This guy was scary in our hallways and in our kitchen, and you nicely asked Rod to get him out of our building.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And so Rod drove all the way from Bakersfield down to LA to our studio, which is a decent drive. And before we had even really gotten going, I pulled Rod aside. I said, Rod, you gotta you know, I mean, I love you. You got to get rid of this guy. And he's, you know, he can't be here. And so Rob he did the honorable thing. He got in the car and drove back. He left and didn't even make it to the meat meet of the show. That was That was an interesting night.
Speaker 4: We didn't get to make it to the meat of the meat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly cut that meat. The Marina chef rights in from Omaha, Nebraska, Omah Home. He says, what was your favorite toy when you were little? He says, I was always into the Transformers. So we've been asked this question from time to time. I had a revolving I didn't have one specific favorite toy, but I loved playing not really stickball, but we played baseball in the neighborhood. We'd have games in the front yard with tennis balls and racquetballs, and I had a lot of fun playing baseball, so I guess a baseball love and a baseball bat. When I was little low we had whatever the hot toy was. You know, we were pretty lucky. My mom woul hook us up. We had a lot of Star Wars toys. I remember that was big when we were little, playing with the stuff, which is worth a fair amount of money. Now, what was your go to toy, Danny when you were little.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We also had some action figures and a couple of smaller remote control cars.
Speaker 4: We used to have what they called Stomper trucks. Do you remember those.
Speaker 3: You put a little battery in it and you could the tires were like interchangeable. I remember those being cool. As far as playing outdoors, we had this squishy raider football. It was like filled with gel It was like a jelly football, and we wore that thing into the ground and we must have played at least one hundred backyard football games with that raider football.
Speaker 1: Awesome. Yeah, I have fond, fond members of playing with the guys at the park in the neighborhood guys and having a grand time. But that was before the internet, and if we had the internet done any of.
Speaker 3: It we had we had to go outside. I know, near us there was a grapefruit field, so we had grapefruit fights.
Speaker 4: Near you. You did that with didn't you do that with? Orange? Oranges? Oranges?
Speaker 1: That's right, o Sea, Orange County. I was the surrounded by orange grows when I was growing up. Next to the mailbag Reggie from Virginia Rights and he says, hey, Ben, hi, Dan, I heard you on the radio band talking about steven A this week Yeah, Regie, we actually talked about it on the podcast this weekend. Also, he says, you were Rob's birthday. Do you think that stephen A has paid up his dues to what you call the FSR Alumni Association, Danny, Has he paid up? Do you think stephen I don't know. I haven't checked the the bankroll. I'm guessing stephen A probably doesn't pay his dues at this point right here. If he figures he's you know better than us, you know, he's.
Speaker 4: Moving, he's exempt.
Speaker 1: You don't want to make an enemy out of me. Yeah, yeah, exactly. Bobby and Birmingham, right, So he says, guys enjoy the show. He says, Ben, you seemed upset this week when a caller played password and did not know how to play the game. He says, was that real or was that a bit? And if that is real, how did that happen? Well, you know, I don't listen it happened. I wish it hadn't happened. To answer the question, how it had, I don't know how it happened. I mean, clearly the guy got on the air and he didn't know what he was doing, which is a problem. It would not have been a problem if Eddie he had picked Eddie. The guy picked me, though, So I give out a synonym on password and he's like, I don't know, I don't know. I had no idea.
Speaker 4: How plenty that was some great call screening.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Danny. I mean, I'm like, how did you get on the air to play the game and you don't even know how to play the game? But it happened. Yeah, Steven Milwaukee Right. Since it's Ben and Danny, I've noticed that the the Hot Stove League has been rather quiet this offseason. The Yankees got Juan Soto that your Dodgers got Otani but not many other big moves. Why why has that been Well, Steve, if I knew what the answer to that was, I would I would be worth a gazillion dogar No, I might. I have a theory. I don't want to go too sporty, but my theory is it's because of the analytics, and it's it's a combination of the analytics. On one side, the teams don't want to spend for players who are free agents because they think they're declining assets. Because you normally, you normally these days don't become a free agent unless you're either a one percenter or you're just kind of on the edge of being washed up. And so teams are paranoid, they're suspicious of these free agents. They don't trust them. And then on the other side, you've got the agent Scott Morris and the other agents that they believe that they should be paid top dollar all agents do, and you know, they think that they're getting screwed over and they're not going to take a dollar less. And so you have these two sides at Loggerheads, and so that's what we get. But this has happened in the last couple of years. It's not new. People think it's new, But hasn't it been like four or five years maybe longer to anywhere? We have players unsigned. Spring training starts like a month from now, and we still have name brand players that are on the market that haven't signed. And I remember when JD. Martinez was a freeze. This probably goes back seven years. He is a free agent. He signed with the Red Sox after spring training started.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, that was like seven seasons ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a long time ago, and I recall that. So it's not it's not unusual. This is just a new normal. Who else we have, Mike and Fullerton Wright say? He says, Happy New Year? You know we're done with that, Mike. We don't do Happy New Year anymore. It's it's look at the date on the calendar. Okay, we're past mid January anyway. He says, Hey, guys, I know someone going to the Detroit Lion game. He states, here, I know somebody going to the Lions game today and a little worried they will not be able to handle the cold. Do you have any last second tips on what my friend can do to better acclimate themselves, so the frigid weather, he says. Very funny, He says, have you gotten used to riding twenty twenty four? Yet I still accidentally start the year with a one sometimes very very funny mike.
Speaker 4: He also says, happy New Year.
Speaker 1: Yes, I know, Fullerton, it's like, you know, it's like a fifty year, fifty years behind where we are. JJ and Phoenix rites in Ben. I heard you do almost an entire hour on cheeseburgers and poutine the other night. I thought it was one of the better hours you've done since I started listening about four years ago. I wanted to know if you've got in any trouble by doing that. It's from JJ no JJ. Fortunately none of my boss has heard that, and if they did hear, they pretended like it didn't happen. So I did almost a whole hour Danny, because Iowa Sam brought up some kind of food dish get out, I think about up cheese curds, and then that led to cheeseburgers, and then we were gone for like forty five minutes on the greatest burger place and that kind of thing. And then I was pointing out to Eddie. I was like, well, this is kind of what we do on the Fifth Hour podcast with Danny. I'm like, I just break down food a lot, you know, I fast and that all that nonsense.
Speaker 4: Really quick, I should point out I got.
Speaker 3: A talking to oh a few days ago because I said that Rich was gonna lose his shit Zue Puppy on the air. I said, yeah, if the Niners lose to the Ravens in the Super Bowl, Rich will lose his shit. Zoo who Apparently you can't do that in the daytime because the manager who spoke to me, I said, well, we used to say that on Malur all the time, and he's like, yeah, that's insane Harbor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well we can get away with it.
Speaker 4: So stupid. The word shit should be okay, twenty four hours a day.
Speaker 1: I'm right there with you. I do not understand how that's on the knotty list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's dumb. And so what do I replace that with? Do I say shataki mushrooms?
Speaker 4: Next time?
Speaker 1: He's gonna have to give up his ship. You know you do ship that you probably get in trouble.
Speaker 4: With that ship lost his ship in the night.
Speaker 1: Back in the nineties at the local station in La. The boss thought it would be funny to have one hour shows in the evening. He had the Big Hucking Hockey Show. Everybody, Big fucking Hockey.
Speaker 3: It was a yeah, yeah, that's not an FCC find waiting to happen.
Speaker 1: Oh no, not not at all. But does anyone And I don't know the answer to this. Maybe you don't either, You probably don't. Why would you Has anyone gotten into trouble with the FCC just for the S word, just for saying shit?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: And I don't think even in the Bible Belt, if you're goofing around saying shitsu or shataki, I don't think anybody would call and complain.
Speaker 1: You would like to think, not by kids.
Speaker 3: In the car and a host laughs and says a shitsu dog or chataki mushroom. I don't care if my kid hears that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I'm right there with you. But I get calls from the Bible Belt all the time. But we're big in the Bible Belt. I got for example, I'll give you an example. Our guy from Arkansas, Sir scratch Off or whatever his name is, Dad Gummant, we call him now. This guy is in the Bible belt. He's a religious guy, talks about God good for him, and then every once in a while he'll call up and just start using profanity because he's a truck driver.
Speaker 4: Blank my blank and blank you.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get out on this. We have one more. Alf from the filling station, says Ben and Danny. I don't know about you, guys, but I'm the kind of person that likes a physical receipt in hand for good purchase, goods purchase, or any type of transaction. This way, I have a record of said transaction for future reference if need be, and I have proof that I did not rip anyone off. I bring this off because it seems the majority of the time when pumping gas at local convenience stores, after pressing yes when asked if I want a receipt, the screen says, see clerk for receipt. Is it just me or why in the year twenty twenty four can gas pumps not be smart enough to know that they're out of receipt paper prior to asking or said receipt. That is a fair point there, Alf, I'm old enough to remember. I I'm nostalgic for when you would buy a ticket to a sporting event, you actually get a ticket.
Speaker 4: And not that was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was kind of neat back in the day. And my theory on the gas station thing, ALF is that they're just lazy and it's got to be a pain in the ass. You're always going out to put more paper in the different machines.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like McDonald's ice cream machines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just inc an inconvenience is what it is. ALF also says, thanks to Danny for remembering my previous question regards darding rotaries or roundabouts when you read the question last week by another listener. Once again, Danny is the Bennett that got away, someone who is actually present when you're speaking and doesn't mention things that you already referenced in your monologues, like an update or an entertainment segment. So so he says, well, look at ALF a big fan of yours, Danny, Jenny A ringing endorsement from Alf the alien o Pinter. We'll get out of that. We have football, football football today, Buccaneers and Lions this afternoon three o'clock eastern noon Pacific again, and then the late game Consolsoy and Buffalo. I'll be on tonight overnight all night breaking those games down, all the games this weekend, point by point, will slice them and dice them and toss them all up in the air and all that good stuff as we break down the wood ball weekend down to the final four by the end of the day today. How crazy is that in the NFL. So we will get to all that Danny anything going on today.
Speaker 3: Just like last Sunday, I'm going to head over to Rich Davis's house. He's going to have the crew from our show together to watch the second game of the day. So that should be fun, and then we'll talk about what happened on the show Monday afternoon, five to seven pm in New Hampshire.
Speaker 1: All right, wonderful, have a great rest of your day to day and we'll talk to you tonight back on the Magic Radio Box. We'll talk to you then.
Speaker 4: Aloha mahallo. Later, dog got a murder.
Speaker 6: I gotta go, hey, hey, hey, let you go insane to me that you would pay your hard earned money in lot go watch.
Speaker 1: Him suck very expensive cool. The team's terrible. I mean I was out there on Sunday night. They they're really bad. I mean, they're just they lost to a team. We're in high school uniforms.
Speaker 5: People like you Ben, who are bandwagon FANSY.
Speaker 1: Jumped on the Clipper bandwagon.
Speaker 6: Yes, he jumped on that bandwagon at a really weird time.
Speaker 1: Coop, Yeah, in twelve games, I thought, well, this would be a good bandwagon to jump on.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I told here's my advice to Coop Eddie. I told him, I said, listen, you buy tickets right behind the Laker backboard. Okay, because maybe Kobe is shooting an airball right keep it and it's like a souvenir airball. That's what they ought to do the Lakers. When Kobe shoots an air ball, if a fan gets it, they get to keep it. That'd be like a baseball move, and that'd be great, that would be great, awesome. You guys are ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Then the weight of the world has been lifted off.
Speaker 6: Ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I'm not ridiculous.
Speaker 5: No, I'm not saying that he's a great players that we should be celebrating this final year.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's it happens.
Speaker 5: Guys get old down, and so why do we gotta like take a big dump on him while.
Speaker 1: It chose to come by? I can play. That's his decision. He could have retired a couple of years ago. He wants he getting twenty five millions.
Speaker 5: He's the best competitor we've ever seen, and he wanted to see if he could come back from the injury.
Speaker 1: He can fault him for that great wingman without shock and pogasol. They sound like Mike Norton won nothing he need. Coops now walked out of the city. There's Coops now leaving. He's now walking out to a Ventur Boulevard in Los Angeles and he's going, it's kind of cold out there, Coop for la. I don't know if you want to go out there, all right, eight.
Speaker 6: Make sure you got your key cards. He can get back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not letting you back in eight seven, seven ninety nine on Fox eight seven seven. I'm gonna upset that guy Ace too. I know he's listening, right, I'm sorry, call back apologized man.
Speaker 3: Not one more airball for the rest of the season. Because the weight of the world's been lifted off of Kobe's shoulders.
Speaker 4: He's just gonna have fun now. Yeah, Yeah, he's gonna have fun. Watch gonna just have fun for the rest of the season.
Speaker 6: How many air balls he's gonna shoot in Philadelphia because he wants to score a lot of points in his friendly Eddie.
Speaker 3: It's like when you give your notice to a job you hate and you know that it's the end and you can just relax and have fun. You want to bet on that no more airballs? Yeah, okay, the rest of the season. Rest of the season, No more air.
Speaker 6: Dude, you've lost your mind.
Speaker 1: Dandy, Calm down, buddy, It's okay. An NFL executive attack by a male jiglo. And it gets even better than that. We have an assistant coach in the NFL that thinks he should be allowed to be the starting quarterback for the team that he's currently coaching. We'll get to that also. All of it in sixty seconds no commercials. But first, let's find out what's trending.
Speaker 6: La Ben Mahler Show is coming to you live from the Geico Fox Sports Radio Studios. Fifteen minutes could save you fifteen percent or more on car insurance. Visitgico dot com for a free rate quote.
Speaker 1: Deuce Bigelow, male jiglo, Rob Schneider. He's in all of those Adam Sandler movies, right, doesn't him and Sandler of boys, he.
Speaker 6: Usually gets a cameo. Yeah, I hadn't seen a Sandlor movie in a while.
Speaker 1: But what do you have against Adam Sandler movie?
Speaker 6: Well they're not very good.
Speaker 1: They're playing awful.
Speaker 6: Wow you disagree with that statement.
Speaker 1: Guy's a legend.
Speaker 6: What's what's the last Adam Sandler movie you watched?
Speaker 1: We hung out together the Clipper game means Sandlers, So no, no, no go?
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, he he was in the arena at the same time he's been.
Speaker 1: He walked Eddie, Eddie, He walked at him. You guys don't know this story.
Speaker 4: Did he make eye contact with you from No?
Speaker 6: He didn't listen to me?
Speaker 1: Is a Clipper Knicks game? I swear to god, I'm not making this up. I wish I was.
Speaker 6: Making her This is This is like when you said that Shatner was talking to you. Was when you.
Speaker 1: Were just we were talking. He blocked me because he didn't like what I said. I asked him a very controversial question. He blocked me. Shatner, That's a different thing. I listened Is it a Clipper Knicks game? A couple of years back at Staple Center. It was before the game about ten minutes before the game starting. It's kind of fat back there, so I was going to get some food in the you go, we walk out the section one to eleven Staple cent You walk out, you go round the elevator. There's a side door. There's a staircase you got to walk down to get into the the underground bowels of Staple Center. So I'm leaving to walk down there to get some crappy food that I shouldn't be eating that'll kill me. And as I'm doing this, the crowd's coming in. Right there's a later arriving people for the basketball game, and this guy walks right into me. His head is down, he's wearing a baseball cap and he's got a Knicks T shirt on. His head is down, and it's Adam Sandler, who had come in the general and I swear to guy not lying here comes in and he had his head down. He didn't want people to recognize him. He walked right into me and then bounced off and literally bounced off and just walked through a seat. Yeah, not enough face time for him to include me in the new Honkkah song, which he made Honikah song for Maybe next time, maybe next time, he'll put me in there.
Speaker 6: That's a great story. It's a wonderful story.
Speaker 1: How about me and Beebes? I had a running with Bebes at Staples Center.
Speaker 6: Also, you're embarrassing.
Speaker 1: No, it was after a long time ago. Is after the Lakers last one championship. These two guys with hoodies.
Speaker 6: Let me guess he walked out of the bathroom as you were walking in.
Speaker 1: No, No, that was Beckham, Me and David Beckham. We had a bathroom experience. He went in there with bodyguards, Me and Beckham. Now I see all the celebrities out there hang with these people.
Speaker 6: I don't think it's I don't think hanging with them is really the proper term. You're in the same building as they are, but you're not hanging.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: I sat at the same table with Billy Crystal one time. We had a good time, great, a lot of fun. Take you out there sometime any good time.
Speaker 6: I go to Staples Center all the time.
Speaker 1: Now, me and me and Beckham, we passed in the hallway.
Speaker 6: He went in.
Speaker 1: We has two bodyguards. With two bodyguards, when you're when you're the sexiest man in the world, you got to have people protecting you. Don't want that splash back when you're at the urinal. It's a problem. You could have somebody protecting you from the splash back at the UM. So he had that going on, and Billy Crystal kind of surly, not gonna lie, you know, not the most friendly person. But he sat down there and well, there's plenty more. And I can just give you a who's I saw David Hasselhoff at a dog store at the Beverly Center, a pet store. He was looking at puppies. Wow, yep, I got more if you want. I'm had a lot of.
Speaker 6: I think we should do this all the rest of the night.
Speaker 1: Well, I could do it. I'm very connected in Hollywood, Eddie, very very connected. Chevy Chase. Eddie never met him, never met Chevy Chase.
Speaker 6: No, well, all right, great, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: He's the the Ben Mallory Show on fire. Here's a fun one, though. Let's go back to the NFL. Why not, because I think this is a.
Speaker 6: Sports by the way, that that Deuce Bigelow story was, Man, was that disappointing? God, that was a disappointing story.
Speaker 1: I wrote an open letter ripping jed U Rob Schneider. He's Deuce Bigelow.
Speaker 6: That was a horrible movie.
Speaker 1: The franchise.
Speaker 6: I'm waiting for that third one to come.
Speaker 1: His biggest Star Wars