Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: Oh, we're on a high alert. We know it's April first. You're not gonna fool us, at least over the next three hours, We hope you don't. Welcome to the program eight seven to seven three DP Show. If you'd like to dial us up, Operator Tyler's sitting by. You'll take your phone calls seat and we'll have a poll question. Got a play of the day coming up as well. Good morning if you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner, and good morning to all of our great radio affiliates around the country. Stat of the Day brought to you by Panini America. The official trading cards of the DP Show. First Hour brought to you by tire i Raq, the official tire expert and retailer of the DP Show. Go to tire rack dot com you'll see the full lineup of Fulkin tires, special offers, free roadh hazard protection, mobile tire installation. Tire rack dot com. The way tire buying should be all right. Going to be a busy day for the NFL. It's already been a busy day. The NF hell just announced there will be a triple header on Christmas Day, say goodbye to the NBA. There's going to be three games. There's two games on Netflix, one on Amazon Prime. Now, keep in mind that the games last year you had Chief Steelers and you had the Ravens Texans. They each top twenty four million viewers. Netflix then said, you know what, we're going to up the ante. We're going to bring out Beyonce for a Super Bowl halftime show at Christmas. They're not going away, they're not going to wait.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Plus, when you sign up for this, it's like Peacock. Peacock spent over what a million dollars for one one hundred and ten million dollars for one game, and then you get people to sign up for that game and then close to eighty percent stay with Peacock. That's what they want you to do. All these services sign up. You got to sign up to get it if you haven't signed up already, and then you're going to stay with those streaming services. Also, there's going to be four times each season where teams can use their throwback alternate jerseys their uniforms. Get ready for that. That's moving merchandise is what that is. Yeah, move some merchandise.
Speaker 4: Yes, Martin Kelly Green Philadelphia Eagles uniforms, please bring them back?
Speaker 2: All right? Randall Cunningham Green, I think is what they call them, Reggie White. What about Bucco Bruce Are they bringing Bucco Bruce.
Speaker 4: Back orange crush for the Broncos?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah. But the NFL, Uh, they don't stay out of the headlines very often.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Here it is that Tuesday, we're like, eh, you know what, might as well take over the headlines for a little while. Let's take over the news cycle a little bit. Albert Breer, the Monday morning quarterback, will join us coming up next hour. He's at the owners meeting. They are voting on the Push Push the Brotherly Chef. They'll be voting on some other things, but that's the big one. That's the big ticket here. And I was wondering about this that we've spent way too much time on this. I've given you my opinion. Just take the blocker from behind the quarterback out of the play and let's see what the Eagles can still do with the quarterback sneak. And my guess is they will be highly, highly successful because of their quarterback and their offensive line. But I started to wonder if you're going to have twenty four at least twenty four people owners to make this work, and are coaches involved in this? And I'm wondering about the coaches involved in this because what about the guys who were assistant coaches with the Philadelphia Eagles who have gone on to be head coaches. Are they going to vote against this? I wonder if they will? Is there loyalty there that is Kellen Moore now with the Saints going to vote against the tush push Shane Steichen. I mean, you got four or five of these guys who are now head coaches he used to be with the Eagles, and I wonder if they would vote against that, or ownership would vote against that. But we'll talk to Albert Breer. Adam Lefko has been doing double duty NBA on TNT and also NCAA host Jeff Passing from the Mothership will stop by. It was a big night for torpedo bats. Ellie Delacruz of the Reds hadn't used it, and then he used it, and then he used up the opposition. The Reds beat the Rangers fourteen to three. Dela Cruz had seven RBIs. He had a single double and two home runs with the torpedo bat for the first time. I don't know, how do you get that batw is it FedEx to you?
Speaker 6: Where?
Speaker 2: Where are these bats right now? The Yankees, A couple of guys have them. They've been around for a while. It just feels like nobody really paid any attention to them, and then all of a sudden, everybody's paying attention to them. But we'll talk to Jeff passing from the Mothership. He'll join us coming up. Yes, Todd, did someone or.
Speaker 7: Should have someone got a copyright for the torpedo bats?
Speaker 8: I know it's just a matter of welding it a certain way, but if someone ever came up with that.
Speaker 7: First and it's legal, that could be worth a few bucks if you got the rights to them.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you, Todd.
Speaker 8: I had another question if you don't if you guys don't mind, what's thetentially an owner meeting and owners meetings everywhere? I'm looking at stories that we're first to what as a meeting. But unless they're having one long meeting in Florida for three or four days, they must take breaks to go to sleep and have lunch, and stuff. So it's actually several meetings. Wouldn't it be plural? Why is it called the owner's meeting? It's bothering me for someone.
Speaker 2: You know, there's certain things that you answer yourself when you ask the question.
Speaker 7: This is one of those times.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: The Stanley Cup Final is a singular event made up of multiple games, possibly seven. The owners meeting is a singular event made up of multiple meetings.
Speaker 8: They're a meeting with one another, but they're actually having meetings because it doesn't just go on endlessly. They have to meet and then they meet again. Once you meet a second time.
Speaker 2: But they have the NBA Finals. Yes, yeah, it's the Stanley Cup Final, the NBA Finals.
Speaker 10: Yes, I'm looking at a headline from Sports Illustrated right now from seventeen hours ago, what to expect this week's NFL owners meetings. What to expect from this week's NFL owners meetings.
Speaker 8: Thankfully someone's got it right, because I saw a series of other articles that referred to with as the owner's meeting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, let's not bother the NFL with this.
Speaker 4: I was going to send them.
Speaker 10: Here's yeah, who's sports NFL Owners meetings kickoff in South Florida.
Speaker 7: They'll come to me in a dream, and I'm just making it up for.
Speaker 10: Brian Goodacus speaks at NFL Owners Meetings.
Speaker 2: It came to me in a nightmare, Todd, came to you in a dream.
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul, it is officially called the Annual League Meeting on NFL dot com meeting.
Speaker 7: No s, we've got some bad journalism. Back to or.
Speaker 9: It's an event made up of small little breakouts once again.
Speaker 2: Albert tocics from NFL Owners Meetings. Albert Breer, the Monday morning quarterback, will join us. We'll ask him that question. That's the first question we'll ask him. You know we'll have on Albert Breer, and you know we'll bother him during his busy day. Just ask that one question.
Speaker 10: From Football Zebra's scorecard of the twenty twenty five NFL Owners Meetings live updates.
Speaker 2: Yes, Todd, but.
Speaker 7: Paul Zebra' that's where I get all my EDIFIL information show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Tod.
Speaker 10: Right Boston Herald Callahan five Patriots takeaways from the NFL Owners Meetings.
Speaker 2: I might go home. Oh no, it was not a bad idea. Got it it start again Wednesday? Yeah, if I was in your shoes. I would be like you forget it. I might mad, I might just come back tomorrow. I'll see you guys tomorrow. All this is stupid. Oh god, Todd.
Speaker 8: Now, Albert Bridge just texted me no touch, push questions and nothing about Aaron Rodgers. Just wants to get into the meeting versus meetings to be so I just want to let you know when you're interviewed.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, Paul Todd.
Speaker 9: It's called the NFL Draft. Multiple people are being drafted, Multiple people are drafting people. It's not the NFL drafts well like this, but it's.
Speaker 8: One big draft like the Stanley Cup Final. It's an event. I don't know if the NFL meetings is an event.
Speaker 2: Can you guys go to a separate room and hashley sound. There's a lot of things to talk about today. I got torpedo batch. I got the Pelicans in tank mode. By the way, we've trademarked it. We are coming up with tanking tops. Okay, like the tank top, it's a tanking top. The Pelicans are wearing tank tops because now you got CJ. McCollum and you got Zion, they're going to sit out. They got injuries. They got hurt feelings probably, Although if you're Zion, you're making like thirty nine million dollars and you're going to sit out seven games the final seven, Well, they are meaningless, but they are meaningful of what you could get, because if you're tanking with your tanking tops, then you get a better chance for Cooper flag. Yes, Paul.
Speaker 9: As of right now, the Pelicans are twenty one and fifty four. Uh, they have a twelve point five percent chance to get the number one overall pick. By losing just three more games and Charlotte going the other way, they would increase those as to fourteen percent.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're saying there's a chance a better chance with your tanking tops, right, Yeah, that would be funny if the NFL, No, how the NBA came out with Uh, okay, you guys are wearing tanking tops, but it would be an official NBA jersey that you have your tanking cup. There'd be a large tea on the front of it. Oh, you guys got your tanking tops. Hey, we're moving merchandise. Who wouldn't want to have a tanking top. Connecticut and Texas advanced in the women's Final four it's not the final fours. It's the women's final four, Todd. So big night for the Torpedo Bats last night, big day for the NFL Competition Committee. And let's see we'll play fill in the blank a little bit later on.
Speaker 10: See what's the poll question today? We have many options. Well, this will surprise you. Todd has sent in quite a few.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, I'm a little concerned, Like this is a Tuesday Todd, like Friday Fritzy.
Speaker 10: Tuesday Todd is a real problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, is a real problem. He's got three guests, he's fired up. Paul sent over one. We could just get to real quick your prediction for today.
Speaker 10: Involving the hush push.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's going to be illegal or legal? All right, Marvin, I'll start with you illegal, Paul. The NFL is going to declare it illegal.
Speaker 7: It's getting banned.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I think it's done.
Speaker 2: I think it's done, or I thought it was done. And then all of a sudden, are you going to get that many people to agree on this? How does the NFL not make this the Eagles rule? I'd be curious what's the language here that What do you put in the rule book? Because it will be known as the Eagles rule. But can you single out a team? Everybody can do this, but can you single out a team? And I know that they're trying, They're desperately looking for Hey, you get hurt from the toush push?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: Did you no? Did you go on door to door trying to find somebody?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And my next a little sore from the tushpush? Yeah, okay, hey, all right, all right, let me get your name, your number. They're looking for data here, so then they can say health wise they have to get rid of it, take it out of the game, because then the commissioner can be going around and all of a sudden, you know he's going to be saying, you know, we're worried about the health of the of the players. You know, it's players safety. Because under that umbrella, then maybe you could take it out of the game. I'm gonna go counter and say that it stays. It stays. I know esthetically it's not pleasing, but I you know, I'm sorry, I don't. I can't take it out of the game just because it doesn't look good. And they mastered this, yes, Pauline.
Speaker 9: I do remember watching the Super Bowl though, and when Chris Jones of The Chiefs went down. At the time, we didn't know how he had lined up kind of sideways to block the play. When I saw him on the sidelines on Worldwide TV holding his head and neck, I was like, that's their opening, Yeah, that's their video.
Speaker 2: Well he put himself in a position to get hurt. Yeah, it was silly. You're like, you're lined up almost, you know, on an angle, and what they did is just blow through him. And then he's like, oh my neck, Well you exposed yourself. We'll come up with the pole question today. First Hour Buddha in San Francisco. Hi Buddha, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: What a DP Happy Tuesday? Boys, Dan Real Quick Seeden said that he lost thirty pounds yesterday on the show, and I was watching at the time and I was like, you know what, Seedon looks great man. Keep it up, brother, good job, And I wanted I just yesterday. Also, Fritzy got me lit up Dan when he was complaining about the torpedo bats. It reminded me of like when he was complaining about the and yelling at the little bagel girl that didn't have his favorite bagel, which was ridiculous, just like the torpedo thing. I mean, come on, Fritzy, really really and Dan, I'm on my way up to to get to get some fresh eat. I just wanted to call in on my drive. You guys have a great day boys.
Speaker 2: All right? Boot it safe travels. Yeah, you did come off as a little whiny yesterday time. I didn't mean too Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, man headed to Tahoe though. How great does that sounds?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 10: That sounds yeah perfect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, in July, it's a perfect time to go to Tahoe. I'd like to go out to Tahoe, maybe go out to the golf event American Century.
Speaker 10: I went out there snowboarding once years ago, and there's this mountain there called Heavenly and you're you go up, you could see like the whole lake, you see this whole mountain range.
Speaker 2: It's incredible.
Speaker 10: And as you're riding down, they have signs all over the place. You'll cross from California to Nevada and then back to California and back to Nevada.
Speaker 2: And every time you do it they say welcome to. You're now leaving, welcome to. It's pretty fun. All right, we'll settle on a poll question. We'll get to more phone calls as well. Got a busy morning. Glad you're part of the program. We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 12: Hey, Steve Covino and I'm Rich David and together We're Covino and Rich on Fox Sports Radio. You could catch us weekdays from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and of course the iHeartRadio app. Why should you listen to Covino and Rich. We talk about everything life, sports, relationships, what's going on in the world. We have a lot of fun talking about the stories behind the stories in the world of sports and pop culture, stories that well other shows don't seem to have the time to discuss. And the fact that we've been friends for the last twenty years and still work together.
Speaker 2: I mean that says something, right, So check us out.
Speaker 12: We like to get you involved too, take your phone calls, chop it up, as they say. I'd say the most interactive show on Fox Sports Radio, maybe the.
Speaker 2: Most interactive show on Planetar.
Speaker 12: Be sure to check out Covino and Rich live on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app from five to seven pm Eastern two to four Pacific, and if you miss any of the live show, just search Kobe non Rich wherever you get your podcasts, and of course on social media. That's Cavino and.
Speaker 2: Rich our first submission, big April Fools joke. Ah, that wacky Tiger Woods. He tweeted out, I can't believe I'm saying this, but a few weeks after rupturing my left achilles and sleeping in a hyperbaric chamber, plus the explosive lips, my doctors and trainers have me ready to play the Masters next week. Can't wait, see you all on the course. And then five minutes later, April Fools. My achilles is still a mess, and it's one of those that you want to believe it. You'd love for Tiger to be able to play, but the reality of that. I wonder how he came up with that. Do you think maybe his new girlfriend said, hey, hey, ty ty, how about we do in April? Hey ty ty, how about we do an April Fool's joke? Okay, yeah, you're gonna play in the Masters. Okay, yeah, we'll tweet it out like you're hyperbaric chain. It'll be so funny, and then you then you like come back and say, hey, I was just kidding.
Speaker 4: Yes, Marmon, who's the more fun personal social media now, Tiger Woods or Bill Belichick?
Speaker 2: Oh Belichick, but I see I was. I didn't want to read this April fool's joke because I wanted to give him his privacy, him and his new girlfriend their privacy. Yeah, that's still amazing you you tweet out pictures of you two and then say, please respect our privacy. I did respect your privacy until you invaded my privacy showing me that you're in love.
Speaker 9: Yes, if you're grading this April Fool's joke, f now, yeah, no, nobody should believe that Tiger Woods could come back in a matter of weeks from an achilles. Yeah, so you shouldn't be fooled by it. But it's early in the morning and it's one of those things you want to be true. So you're cloudy.
Speaker 3: Hmm.
Speaker 2: Oh no, i'd have to be drunk to go. Well, I'm buying tickets to the Masters, Yes, Todd, but doesn't it have.
Speaker 7: To be really funny and or clever.
Speaker 8: Is anyone that read that, unless I guess you're a super golf Tiger fank, Like, oh my god, I gotta tell everybody Tiger's gonna be able to play.
Speaker 7: How is that possible? If that's not your reaction, then it's lame.
Speaker 2: I'm sure that there was that kind of reaction for people. Yes, yes, that's bizarre. They might not think that Tiger would do an April Fool's joke. Me pretty serious guy, But anything other than wow.
Speaker 8: He's really gonna play. He's like a medical marvel and then you move on with your life. I can't imagine like April fools jokes is supposed to be like, it gets all around the country and world and the Today Show is talking about it becomes like a big crazy thing. So once I was coming out of retirement or this one took steroids?
Speaker 2: What it was within five minutes that he said it was a joke, Todd.
Speaker 7: Should have been no minutes. That shouldn't have been done in the first place.
Speaker 2: Who are you today?
Speaker 8: I'm just saying that was very weak, I know, and I can't imagine anybody being that crazy.
Speaker 2: We've been on the air for twenty six minutes, but this goes back about an hour prior to starting this. Yeah. See, well, I do find it odd that in the year twenty twenty five people are still doing the April Fool's jokes. People above the age of ten. No, but social media brought it back. And that's all this is. It's a big audience and you can dupe some people. Social media is essentially one long April Fool's joke. It's not contained to one day. It's every day of the year. It's one long April Fool's joke. None of it is real.
Speaker 10: Maybe Todd's persona today is one big April Fools joke.
Speaker 8: Oh okay, putting something over on all of you.
Speaker 2: The little clever thing you've done in a while's gonna play everyone. I got a long day. I got a long day. That's what it is.
Speaker 10: It's all nothing.
Speaker 2: But like there was probably some golf editor somewhere or like reporter got to call it digit Tigers Sweet.
Speaker 10: Okay, yeah, I'll look into it.
Speaker 2: Is it true? Yeah, somebody's walked, you know, seeing rich Lerner of the Golf Channel. Hey, hey see Tiger's coming back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, okay, wow, he healed faster than okay, yeah, yeah, Marvin.
Speaker 4: And somebody fell for the banana and the tailpipe because I'm sure somebody teased it. Oh, coming up, You'll never guess who's back from Achilles right here, Get up.
Speaker 7: I wasn't gonna say no.
Speaker 2: Names, no, no, they wouldn't be due by that. I know they wouldn't let me see Andrew and Washington. Hi Andrew, welcome back, Good.
Speaker 13: Morning, Dan Dnnez. Thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 13: You said yesterday, who wouldn't want to see a show taping like I would love to see the behind the scenes in the last hour with Fritzy, maybe a little meeting and meetings between him and Paul off camera. I think that'd be pretty interesting to watch. But I called in because the Lakers did beat the Rockets last night. They were the second seat. It was a back and forth game move. More importantly for the Lakers, Gabe Vinton and Dorian Finney Smith have found their shot, have found their place on the court.
Speaker 5: They can get their shots.
Speaker 13: Some had twenty points for Finny Smith.
Speaker 2: That's yuh got a bad connection, Andrew got a bad connection. Yeah, it doesn't mean they've found their place on the floor. They did last night. Where have they been in the other games? They they couldn't find their spons Thank you for the phone call. Andrew Doug in North Carolina. Good morning, Doug. What's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Well, Dan, I wanted to get in on these torpedo bats and bring up something that no one has talked about so far. The home run king in baseball is the guy who was juiced up. The hitting king was the guy who gambled on the game. The only sacred numbers we have left in baseball are fifty six for Demaggio and four hundred for Williams. My question to you is, if somebody hits in fifty seven straight games using one of these bats, is there an asterisk or you can acknowledge it as a real record.
Speaker 2: It's a real record. Baseball's allowed these bats. It's already been approved, so yeah, it's legitimate. Go back to when Babe Ruth was playing. He had a forty four inch bat a thirty six ounce bat, So forty four inches, thirty six ounce bat. But back then power was king. Guys weren't throwing as hard as they are now nowhere near that. And go back to two thousand and eight, the average fastball in two thousand and eight was ninety one miles an hour. It's now ninety four point two miles per hour. That trend is going to continue. But you have this futuristic tapered bat and the Yankee hitters are taking advantage of it. You're able to catch up to modern velocity here, increase your swing speed. And also you have a sweet spot. Now, if you've ever seen golfers, professional golfers in their clubs they play with blades, there's a sweet spot that feels like it's about the size of a dime, maybe a quarter, Like you must hit it there. You hit it there and you'll get the results that you want. We can't play those clubs, but we get clubs that are larger, larger face, and far more forgiving. Certainly with a driver. This feels like there is a sweet spot and if you hit that sweet spot, you're going to get the results that you want. That's the amazing part of this and growing a hundred. All right, I can swing a little faster. I don't know if they show this. I know they show exit velocity, I don't know if they show swing speed. Have you seen graphics before with the batter swing speed. We do this with golf min Wu leaves swing speed was one hundred and twenty miles an hour, and your top end golfers will be in that area. I don't know how fast Aaron Judge swings a bat or show heyotanic, but I know they have exit velocity. I'm just curious about how fast are they swinging that bat?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Pauline, Yeah, I went to MLB dot com and they did have a stat last year eleven hitters with the fastest bats in MLB average bat speed through the zone. And guys like Kyle Schwarber, Ronald Acuna Junior, Aaron Judge, the players you would expect to be on there. Okay, but they said about the high end is like seventy seven miles an hour plus.
Speaker 2: Oh all right, yeah, golfers one hundred and twenty miles an hour. But once again, if you're throwing a hundred, that's why when guys are doing home run derby, you know you have to generate all the power because your picture is not throwing it that fast. If you've ever seen somebody throwing a hundred, and then you get a power hitter, like when Randy Johnson and Mark McGuire faced one another and that was a hundred and it was McGuire and he hit an absolute bomb. Because hitters will say, when you hit it perfectly, you don't feel anything, and that's because they hit the sweet spot. The bat does everything. They just they timed it correctly. But I don't know if the torpedo bats are going to be outlawed or they're going to be re examined. I don't know if there's an outcry from unless there's all the pitchers formed a union and they go, we are going on to strike. We're not pitching until you get rid of torpedo bats. Baseball has to love this. Now, if it wasn't the Yankees, would it be as big of a deal. Let's say this was the Indians the Guardians, wouldn it be a big deal. It'd be like, oh man, the Guardians, they're hitting some home runs this year. It wouldn't be oh my god, they're cheating the game. But it's the Yankees. And that's why I think it came to the forefront because more people watching Aaron Judge HiT's three homes he not even using the torpedo bat. So we'll talk to Jeff passon of the Mothership. About this the bat, I think Cody Bellinger was using it last year with the Cubs. Nobody brought it up because Cody Bellinger didn't have a good year. But it's been around, which is kind of strange that all of a sudden. It's kind of like pickleball. It's been around for decades and then all of a sudden everybody was like, hey, have you played pickleball? Have you seen pickleball? I think it's been around since the fifties. It's like the pitch clock in baseball. It's been there and they just never enforced it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Paul, like you said earlier the week, there's a rule about bats can't be more than two point six to one inches in diameter on any part of the bat, but it doesn't say one part can't be at full max size and the other's thinner. There was a guy named Aaron Lainhardt, former Yankees analytics person, who was hired by the Marlins a couple of years ago, and he's the one who invented this bat.
Speaker 2: He's also an engineer. Yeah, but he's with the Marlins now. I don't know the Marlins. Blatant cheater, I think he's an MIT guy, but I don't know the Marlins using it. I don't I haven't heard anything. I haven't seen any stats there. But yeah, everybody's up in arms with this. Sean and Florida. Hi, Sean, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 13: Here?
Speaker 14: Good morning Dan and Dan Eds. I wanted to say quickly about the pitch push and I had a question first and foremost go Gators, and then the words of Tommy how aka little Larry Bird Walter Clayton is a cold, cold man.
Speaker 15: I wanted to say that tiss plus is boring and lame and nobody likes it, and nights why they should get rid of your only people that like their the Eagles fans. And then quickly, I know it's ton off topic, but uh, well, we signed Chris Godwin back. So we got Chris Godwin and Mike Evans. I want to get your guys' thoughts on it. There's a better wide receiver due out there. Thanks guy, coming your day.
Speaker 2: I would say Pooka Koua, I would think with him, with Duwante Adams, I would say those two guys, you still have to have Wadle and Tyreek Hill in there. Although I wonder how much longer Tyreek Hills with the Dolphins. I mean, I wonder what do the Dolphins look like next year if they have a sub five hundred record coaching jeopardy, Tyreek Hill not gonna want to be there? What happens with Tua? Like I, this feels like a really, really, really important season for the Dolphins. Here's the Dolphins head coach, Mike McDaniel on Tyreek kill.
Speaker 16: I can certainly say with certainty that at this certain moment, yeah, we are fully planning to move forward as a better version of our of our relationship with Tyreek and the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 10: So I have no reason to think otherwise.
Speaker 2: He's a character. He is. Uh, he better get better as a coach, because they this feels like a must must win situation. We're already must win on April first, and it's not an April Fools joke. Let's get the hot seat going. Yeah yeah, non April Fools edition. Yes, yeah, you boy, who's.
Speaker 4: Got the hottest seat in the NFL for head coach?
Speaker 2: Next on? Getta up?
Speaker 9: Yes, Paul Tua is under contract with the Dolphins for two more years. It would be really tough to not stick with him. They can get out after the twenty twenty sixties.
Speaker 2: Well, no, they'll just trade him. You can get out by trading him. I don't I can't imagine he's there after this next season. I think this is this is it. He's already put out cryptic messages on social media. You probably end up back with the Chiefs. But yeah, you think about the Dolphins. There's a lot at steak your GM and your coach, your star wide receiver, and then how does that affect your quarterback? With two Let me see Will in West Virginia, Good morning, Will, what's on your mind?
Speaker 3: I bp a two part question. So why aren't there more comparisons with Cooper Flag and Christian Latner? How would you compare the two? And with Chris in success four years under coach k you know, considered one of the greatest of all time in college and he goes on to have a subpar NBA career, what spell success for Cooper?
Speaker 2: I think Cooper's just a more athletic player, and he's great at both ends. He's a great passer, and I mean Latner is one of the top ten, maybe top five, greatest college basketball players of all time. You know, the resume is there, but four final fours, couple of national titles, and can't argue, can't argue with the bottom line with later Now you can argue with some of the things that he did to get to the bottom line. But he was a tremendous college basketball player. It's just the pros are different than college. I look, I've watched so many great college players and it doesn't translate to the pros, and then we diminish what they did in college, which isn't fair to them. Tyler Hansbro he might still be the all time leading scorer in ACC history, but he wasn't a good pro. But he was still the all time leading scorer in the history of the ACC. And there have been wonderful college players. Rick Mount who played at Purdue back in the sixties, one of the greatest shooters ever. He wasn't a good pro. But then there are guys who are good in college, like John Habilcheck when he played at Ohio State back in the sixties, he was Jerry Lucas was the best player. He was one of the players he goes on to have a Hall of Fame career, and in fact, it was on this date. I don't know if I have the exact year. Nineteen seventy three, Habilcheck made twenty four to thirty six field goal attempts. He had fifty four points in Game one of the Eastern Conference Playoffs against the Hawks. But when he was at Ohio State, it was Jerry Lucas. Certain guys develop and Cooper Flag is only eighteen. Latner was a finished product. He didn't get better in the pros. He was already really good. He went to the wrong team as well. He wasn't a savior. Shack became better. Laytner was better in college than Shaq was. I mean it wasn't even close, Shack admitted. But that Cooper Flag, he's just far more athletic. And you know, I don't want to get into I'm going to compare the two. I'm just going to tell you. Flag is a really good passer. He is very aggressive offensively and defensively. And when you think that he's only eighteen and should be a senior in high school, like he should be playing in a state championship game in Maine, although he went to Montbverdie but he that's rare somebody that young, this good and going against the Olympic team and holding his own against the Olympic team. I mean that's when all of a sudden people realized it's not hype, it's real. And do I think he'll have a better career than Latner, Yes, he will in the pros. I believe that. But college wise, these guys don't stand. Latner might be the last great college career in men's basketball. Like, but you know these guys who were before him, You know Tim Duncan and he was there four years grand Hill, but Latner's career. Guys aren't going to stay for three or four years. That might be the last complete career, great career in college basketball history. I don't know who else, Barbin, you have put on there.
Speaker 4: You just mentioned Tyler Hansborough. Yeah, he might have the last great four year run. He finished off with a national title. Yeah, all time leading scorer. I don't think he's as iconic as Christian Leans. Oh no, no, I don't want to put him in that category. But as far as he was great all four years, he might be the last one. And on top of that, it's probably because he was in a great NBA prospect, because if he was, he wouldn't stay four years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but back then Ewing stayed four, latnerned Duncan stayed four. That's the difference. You weren't looked at almost like what's wrong with your game? You can't go pro now one year? Like John Shire yesterday, he's not even having a conversation with Cooper Flag and like nope, nope, no need to. And the only conversation he probably had about going pro was when he signed him and said, hey, enjoy your six months. Here, take a break. Play the day up next.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 11: Oh My God.
Speaker 2: Of the day.
Speaker 11: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 6: Check this out. Here's the payoff pitch. So I got a driving the air well hit right center, It's got some legs, it's back near the wall. Slam payn Alonzo his first home running the air, clears the paces and the becks him up with up us six to one.
Speaker 2: Me four career Grand slams for Pete Alonzo. That ties him for eighth most by a met. Darryl Strawberry, the franchise leader, was six. That's courtesy of the Mets Radio Network. That's your play of the day. Play of the day brought to you by the great folks at Maco. Most cars on the road could use a little TLC. At Maco, they bring your car back to life, affordable paint jobs like collision repairs. Get a free estimate today. Uh oh, better get Maco. I was leaving this morning. I normally take my dog, winning a four year old rescue, and I have my son's dog because my son and his wife have been traveling. So we have a shiba Inu who's eleven years old, and they act like a cat. They couldn't care less about you walking out the door, and the four year old is going crazy as she always does, and then little Cooper goes with that sad look of I don't get to go for a ride. Go out to the garage. She's still there looking. I go, all right, get in the car. So, if you're watching on Peacock, the dogs are running around the whole place here. But it wasn't bring your dog to work, it was bring your dogs to work day, and so everybody's kind of navigating here with two dogs and eleven year old and a four year old. All right, oh, Paully just had something on Coastal Carolina. Coastal Carolina is going to at their football games. They're going to give you whatever you want for free. Now, they're not going to give you beer, but food and drink. You want hot dogs free, not shows, free, soda, free, everything free. Now you've got to pay for beers. But getting you into the stadium, you're going to have to buy tickets, you know, parking, those kind of things. But I'm wondering Coastal Carolina. First of all, they're not on the coast, but I'll look past that. Coast Ish Carolina. What was their average attendance last year?
Speaker 9: So Coastal Carolina is a pretty good football school lately. The Chanta Clears. Three years ago they averaged seventeen thousand people game. Last year they averaged twenty one to four. And that's pretty much a packed house for the twenty twenty four season. Okay, so now when you go to the games, if you have a game ticket, you walk in, you could select up to four items per concession stand visit from a menu selection of hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, and fountain drinks. There is no limit on how many times you can visit the concession stands, but you must scan the app with your ticket each time. Beers not included, and some other specialty items third party vendors not included.
Speaker 2: Now, can I sit right by the concession stand and still watch the game?
Speaker 9: No, they're kind of in the concourse behind. But no, I like where your head's at.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: They estimate that they make about two hundred and fifty thousand per game off concessions Coastal Carolina.
Speaker 2: Okay, and they won't.
Speaker 9: Sell a lot more tickets because they're kind of packed already. But from is this a branding play? Is this a publicity play?
Speaker 2: This isn't an April Fools Day?
Speaker 9: No, they released it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that could be get a head start on it the April Fools Yeah. Seen. My guess is you have to do all of this through their athletics app. Right, there's a much bigger play down the line with that app that there's about to launch sometime in the coming weeks.
Speaker 10: I'm guessing that that's going to be the move. They're going to take a short term hit on this to make sure everybody gets that app, and then after that that's where all the money's gonna be made.
Speaker 2: Huh. Todd said that he thinks that they'll rename the stadium Ozembic Stadium, Ironic.
Speaker 7: Hot Dogs and nine pop chords and twelve notchers.
Speaker 2: Thank you Todd. By the way, April Fool's Day got started back by the French and the fifteen hundreds. In case you care, it's been going on for a long time. That's when I think humor. I think the French Bonjo come that too. Would you give me an update on the pole results there seating for the first hour. Hecky, I can give you an update on that, sure, Keny stalling, stalling.
Speaker 10: We have the brotherly shove the tush push today will be made legal or illegal right now, fifty four percent have it being made illegal. A lot of people think it's staying. Okay people, I.
Speaker 2: Think it is because it's going to take unless the commissioner is going around the room and talking to everybody and saying, Hey, I'm going to call in a favor, Hey I need this, Hey, you got to help me on this. Feels like he wants it out of the game. He's probably going to get his way. We'll have more phone calls coming up, we'll talk to Robert Breer. He'll join us in ten minutes from now from the Competition Committee, owners meetings or meeting, NFL meetings, meeting, what is it?
Speaker 8: God, officially it's a meeting, but as a seating point to out, everyone else you know is calling it meetings.
Speaker 2: Okay, Adam leftgo will join us a little bit later on. We'll do fill in the blank. Jeff Passing, he'll join us as well. The torpedo bat controversy, he'll join us as well. See anything else that I forgot. Yukon in Texas in the women's final four last night is Paige Becker's continues, her great run, never won a national title, one of the greatest players there and in women's college basketball, and they're favorite to win the national championship. All right, one hour in the books. We got two more to go this Tuesday. The King of Comedy, Fritzie Seaton, Marv Paula Years truly hour two on the way after this