Speaker 1: Earners.
Speaker 2: What's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank, a lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professional's routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about Amazon. Yeah, why is Amazon consistently making big move but the stock doesn't reflect it? Like, the stock is never really going skyrocketed. It's not going up. It's not keeping track with Apple or Microsoft? Like why has Amazon underperformed relative to the other big tech companies?
Speaker 4: Well, my question would be have they underperformed or are they just in the range where they should be for a normal stock that is a Fortune five company that is not overinflated. I think we all can agree. As great as Nvideo is to go up eleven x in four years. It's a feat that many companies won't do again. So I think it's performed incredibly well. Like especially from where it was. It's one of the top picks, top retirement pits in stock Club. I think that people want extraordinary gains, but then when we have extraordinary drawdown, they don't want that part of it. Amazon's Tim duncan give me twenty two and twelve and four blocks in the finals and may not. I'd be the spectacular fifty point nine that maybe a Carmelo can put up. But I like when a company can consistently print games or and then have little draw down. I think we all can be very clear. In the retail space, they run the retail space, getting more exposure in India, which is the market. I think that it's going to be most important in the next two decades. I think they've done incredibly well. Great question, but sometimes a safe stock doesn't look exciting when other things are going parabolic. But when those stocks or meme coins go parabolic, do they last for long?
Speaker 2: Amazon is my favorite company, and I think for all the points you said, and then I'll add a few additional ones. Unlike in the video, when you hear something about black Bell. You can see momentum move in a positive direction. When Amazon makes it an announcement, it necessarily doesn't move with the announcement. The announcement sometimes and the gains are probably baked in and so you'll see slow movement. But if you look at it over this past five years, it's going up eighty seven percent, so that's nearly one hundred percent returned since the pandemic. This year it's up twenty percent. So these are like, really there's a whole run in the year.
Speaker 4: It's CAUs to twelve percent twenty years over delivery for a.
Speaker 2: Company with the market and the size that it has, I mean, it's ridiculous, had I mean, the premium valuation is one of those reasons. It's a ready valued high, right, so when you have a premium stock, most people look at like how much higher can it go? How much higher can it go? And so that plays a part in it. And then what we saw from their their earner support last two weeks ago when we talked about the heavy reinvestment, and so they've invested in infrastructure. That's the reason why you now can have your products in the same day. They have invested in AI and we talked about that when cappex was increased by forty three percent. So they're innovating. They're still making money, right, and you're gonna love this because you love talking about gross profit margin. Here's the last four quarters their gross profit margin and June of twenty three sixteen percent, in September of twenty three, seventeen, zero point one five percent in December of twenty three, seventeen seventeen and a quarter percent March of this year, nineteen and a half percent. In June of this year, they just reported another nineteen in a quarter. And so you're seeing they're making more money. They've figured out ways to make more profit from the products and services that they had as they've added more businesses. We've already talked about their moat in the e commerce space and how they enter spaces not just to say we want to be a part of it, but to completely dominate and take over them. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love Amazon, the greater CEOs all time.
Speaker 2: I was going to that was the last point I was going to make. We can't discount the fact that they're seed, They've changed CEOs, and they've had a stock split within the past four or five years, So sometimes that takes change, right, Like who is actually going to be as a CEO? Who is he going to be as a leader of the company. I'd say he's done pretty well. I love Amazon, not even just for the short term, but for a long term perspective. It is something that I mean, it's going to stay in my portfolio and now I don't see why it wouldn't be anybody else's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, say your case, twenty is an amazing return for a company that size, that has the entire world on their back and trying to copy in either way at their games.
Speaker 4: Like if I would have told you eight years ago Amazon would be outpacing Walmart is a safety stock, you to said that was crazy. They've performed incredibly well enjoy stable games.
Speaker 2: We got to appreciate that. I'm looking at now. Apple is up via the date is up seventeen percent. So it's actually and we I mean everybody we talk about too, but.
Speaker 4: Less turbulous and more in Apple. This IFHO sixteen, I better be able to cause Kai Sanat on a damned space ship. Don't re rock the same fifteen pro and tell me you put three more megapixels in it. I'm gonna go in here and go off.
Speaker 1: Please innovate more megapixels more.
Speaker 3: Hey k an.
Speaker 5: Illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and to poor. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 4: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,