Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from coast to coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Angela Thomas is with us. The book is This Psychic Life, a collection of personal stories. There's a story in the book, Angela about a man who attended his own funeral. Yes, unpacked this one for us.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to say, that was my first time of seeing a full apparition. And you know a lot of people report apparitions, as you know, I didn't see the feet or they were a little clear, you know, they weren't full bodied. But I had a family friend and a gentleman that you know, was the grandfather of some friends that I went to school with, and I got to know him and Richard. One of the things about this man was that he loved cars, so he could tell you the schematics of you know, all of these cars and models and so on and so forth. So every time that I would go to visit, he talked about cars. So fast forward, I get a phone call that he has passed. So I go to the funeral home for the for the you know, the viewing of the body and to pay my last respect. And I did so, and so his stepdaughter said, hey, let's go back in the breakroom. And back then you could get coffee at a funeral home and you could vending machine. You could even smoke inside, right, So we went back into the breakroom, and this room had windows that faced out into the parking lot. So at one point I'm standing in front of the window, just kind of gazing out. Beautiful day, by the way, beautiful, and all of a sudden, I see the man, my friend who has died and I paid my last respects to. He is walking around in the parking lot and he's checking out the cars, you know, like bending over, looking at the tires and you know, license plates and all this. Okay, so I said, oh my god, and I heard his stepdaughter's voice, who, by the way, had a Panamanian accent. I didn't turn around, but she said, oh, you know, something like, don't worry, Angie, that's his twin brother. So I just thought, oh, okay. You know, I didn't know he had a twin brother. So several years after that incident, I went out to the Phoenix, Arizona area to visit the stepdaughter and I asked, well, how is his twin brother doing? And she said, what are you talking about? And I said, don't you remember you said, don't worry Angie, it's just his twin brother. And she said, I never said that. Now he does have a twin sister.
Speaker 1: But what the heck?
Speaker 3: What happened was, well, you know he was there. He attended his own you know, his own I guess memorial at the funeral home, and I'm sure he went along for the ride to the actual cemetery.
Speaker 2: Why did his step is why did his stepdaughter say that?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Why did she say that's his twin.
Speaker 3: She she didn't say it. What happened was that spirit. You know, spirits have the ability to to mimic anything they want to. So I feel like a spirit used her voice to tell me, don't worry Angie, it's just his twin brother. Again, I didn't turn around when she said that. The conversation, so yeah, it was. I was absolutely flabbergasted. I had no idea but to look at this man in the parking lot would be as if I were looking at you walking around in a parking lot, that whole body solid.
Speaker 2: Did you happen to notice? Was he wearing the same suit that he was decked out in the in the casket?
Speaker 3: No, he was not was not.
Speaker 2: Uh. Are our psychics often able to see apparitions, ghost spirits or are they mutually I mean they're not mutually exclusive. What I'm saying is if you are psychic, you're are you more likely to see ghosts apparitions?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that there is. You know that more psychics versus someone that is not as as you know, has strong abilities. Yeah, I feel like they have a little bit more ability to see it. But the thing is is that most psychics do not walk around seeing spirits most of the time. Spirits you can feel their energy, you know they're around, or if your Claire audience, like I am, you may hear them, right. But when I say here that I'm talking about conversation or some words or something like this. But you know, the average John and Jane Doe out there, I believe sees spirits most of the time. And I know that sounds odd for me to say that, but I feel like they're thinking that, you know that they're seeing a solid body and so they're thinking, oh, that's you know, that's a real person, when in fact it's not a real person. It's a spirit that has appeared as a real person. Now there is something called energy transfer, which a spirit can lay his or her image over a real person. So if you've ever experienced Richard where maybe you're walking down the street or you're inside a building and suddenly you see somebody that you know has passed on, but you look and you go, oh my god, there's John Doe. And then for a moment you see the image of John Doe. And then you blink a couple of times and then you find out, no, that's not John Doe at all, But just for the moment, you see them clearly. And that's when a spirit can lay their energy on top of another living human beings.
Speaker 2: Is that easier for a spirit to do than to produce a full on apparition.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you would call it easier or not. I believe that, you know, there's got to be enough energy in the room or the air for let's say electromagnetic energy for apparition to come into full view. But you know, an individual has plenty of energy for a spirit to lay his or her image over. You know, what they're doing is they're stepping into the aura of that individual just long enough for somebody to see them.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about crows. I know there's a story in the book about crows, and I think I told this story on coast about very quickly, my wife going to visit a friend's father who had recently lost his wife and his friend's mother obviously passed on, so she drove over to the house they were childhood friends. She had a basket of goodies. She had baked some things for the friend's father, who was elderly and now living alone.
Speaker 1: So she.
Speaker 2: Reached into the trunk to pull out the basket, and all of a sudden she saw this huge crow on the roof of the house and it was trying to get at this squirrel. And then the next moment she looked up, the crow was gone, and she heard of always behind her. At the end of the drive. We s She turned around and this gentleman introduced himself and said, oh, are you here to see whatever the gentleman's name was, And she was startled, and then she she just walked up to the front porch, didn't say anything, put the basket on the front porch, and was going to turn and leave. The man was gone and the crow was back. And I think I'm probably leaving out some details, but I kind of shortened it. But what is You've got a story about some a gathering of crows. There's something going on with these birds, to be sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know spirit. You know, birds often looked at as spirit messengers. And so I feel like your story about your wife's experience was that of a spirit that got her attention, right, she saw it on the roof and it was going after a scorel and then boom, suddenly you have a man behind her. So I can say that that more than likely was a spirit that you know, took the body of the crow and then turned around and took the form of a human. And here's the thing. It could have been a neighbor, right, could have been a neighbor, guy, right, And suddenly that spirit takes over that neighbor's body and then he's gone very quickly. Or it could be just a spirit that came down and formed as a human being and then vanished again and now he reappears as the crow. So you know, when when it comes to para normal things things shift in a second, you know. So we may be startled by how quickly things change, but in the pair of normal world, that's pretty typical right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the gathering of crows in the book.
Speaker 3: Well, I have to say that I went over to a particular client's house. She was dying. She was in stage four cancer. She was a nurse by profession, so she knew exactly what was going on, and she said, I want one last reading before I leave this earth. And so she had kind of opened up a sliding glass door, you know, to get a little fresh air or a window, whatever it was. And so as I start to read, and I'm just fast forwarding through the story very quickly as I'm reading, and I would stop right as soon as I would pause, these crows And by the way, these crows came out of nowhere. She had a big tree in the backyard and it just suddenly flooded with crows. I mean it was like, you know, how many crows in a ten mile radius out a lot. And so every time I would pause in the reading, these crows would go absolutely crazy. And I didn't initially say anything to her about the crows. She brought up the crows herself, and then I would start to read and they would go silent. And when I would pause or say, do you have any questions at this time. These crows would just sound off and it was an amazing experience. I really do feel that spirits were there to support her, you know what I mean. They were there to support her, and they wanted to make themselves known. Now that's not the only that whole incident with those crows there in and around that time, I remember my front and backyard having just thousands of crows that landed on the property, and yet none of my neighbors had a crow in it. And as soon as I saw the crows in the yard, I thought, uh oh, this is a big sign, right, And things did fall, you know, in a negative way shortly after those crows had shown up in my yard. So, and I'm not saying that crows are all bad messengers or anything of that nature, but they are messengers of spirits.
Speaker 2: Right in indigenous cultures, aren't they considered to be kind of tricksters? Well maybe that's the raven I'm confused using, but I don't know. I think of a crow, you know that a flock of crows, we call them a murder of crows. They do seem kind of sinister.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't get that from crows I know that they have a reputation of that.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And you know a lot of times we see you know, like scaring movies right where they show the crow and there's something you know in the foreboding or you know, pre sentiment of something that's going to happen. But I guess you could connect it to that. But I don't see them as here comes something demonic, or every time you see a crow or the gathering of crows that it's going to be horrible. But in my case, with them coming into the yard, I knew just from the feeling of it and the sight of it, you know, it's it's I mean, why would those crows not land in my neighbor's yard, in the front yard or in the backyard. Why just mine? So to me, it was saying, heads up, Angela, we're here for a reason.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more