Speaker 1: We're gonna go on a wild ride together with our brand new second day. Yeah, Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. It sounds like, yeah, well this woman had someone set her up, unexpected wing woman. Yeah, yeah, that is That's gonna be your tease right now. We're gonna get in like that just a second. But first comments, Yeah, Yitzi said, Hi guys, I'm sixteen from Israel.
Speaker 2: I love your podcast. They make me laugh when I have a bad day. Not only that, but when I watch.
Speaker 1: A sports game, I turn the volume off and listen to your podcast while watching the.
Speaker 3: Games go straight.
Speaker 1: Basket. I don't know what they say, and that can't you tell Alexis's next careers may be a sports commentary. All right, well, thank you so much for listening. We love that you're here.
Speaker 2: Please subscribe.
Speaker 1: It's Brook and Jeffrey and here's your brand new second date, Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: Second date updates.
Speaker 5: Dating apps have been the most preferred method nowadays for how people meet, But maybe this is the new thing. Oh get your children to do the work for you.
Speaker 1: I mean I could see this because I have made so many like truly amazing friends because of my kids.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, we're talking about romantic hookups here.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying that these little snot nosed title humans are great vectors of connecting adults.
Speaker 4: We're making a second husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good for you. We're all excited about that.
Speaker 5: And I don't know exactly how it happened with our listener, but according to their email, that's how she got matched up with a man.
Speaker 1: You got your third grader to do some matchmaking for you.
Speaker 5: Let's figure it out. Her name's Coco, Coco, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: Hello, Hello, go show this morning.
Speaker 5: Whole thing sounds a little bit unusual, unconventional involving your children in your courtship. I'm very curious how it happens. So can we ask you about that before we get to the date.
Speaker 6: Yes, yes, yes, So I mean I'm a single mom. I'm a mother to like a seven year old daughter, and she keeps annoying me with wanting a sister.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, well, why didn't you just go to the sister store and go buy one.
Speaker 6: She could have just wanted a dog instead, but I don't know anyway, but this little daughter of mine decided that she was going to write my number on multiple sheets of paper and hand it out to her friends so they can give it to their dads.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, she was actually played matchmaker and a little genius.
Speaker 6: She absolutely was. She's really dead on having a sister, so oh my's a smartie.
Speaker 4: Want to go get her?
Speaker 2: Know that she was doing this?
Speaker 6: No, not a clue.
Speaker 1: And the thing is is it's so innocent, Like, I mean, it's true that you didn't know. Like, even if you get embarrassed, who cares. Everybody thinks a seven year old doing this is adorable.
Speaker 4: And because if you did meet somebody, if you don't like them, you can say, oh my god, she's doing this on her own.
Speaker 2: I'm so embarrass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's way better than Brooke writing her own phone number in the men's restroom at the school.
Speaker 5: But okay, so your daughter's handing out your phone number to her friends saying to give it to their dad's.
Speaker 6: Hopefully kind of like handing them out like baseball card or something like that.
Speaker 4: I am dead.
Speaker 1: Okay, So wait, how many calls did you get about this?
Speaker 3: Zero?
Speaker 1: Zero dads?
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, they probably thought it was weird. My number would just be passed around, so they threw it away. You know, they put in their pocket, they forgot it was there.
Speaker 1: So how does this turn into meeting someone there?
Speaker 6: So a few days later, she's like, guess what, mom, we're going to the dog park.
Speaker 4: You don't have a dog, though you already told us.
Speaker 6: That yes, I don't have a dog. But she told me that her friend was going to be there with her dad and that she wanted for us to meet them. And it was more of a playdate situation. You know, this man had no idea that this was happening. But I do meet him, and my daughter jumps out of the car. She runs to her friend, and I meet her dad and her dad's name is Corey.
Speaker 1: Okay, wait, what were your thoughts on Corey?
Speaker 6: First look and uh, he looks like a typical dad, you know, but he's funny, average compliment.
Speaker 1: I can't tell you think the.
Speaker 2: Average dad at schools are Hotbrook. There you go, that's what he looked like.
Speaker 1: Don't look at your daughter and explain to her.
Speaker 6: You want better.
Speaker 5: Okay, So tell us about did you interact with Corey? Like?
Speaker 2: How does that go? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So he tries to make conversation and then ask me which one is my dog?
Speaker 2: And that's when I padicked, what'd you say?
Speaker 6: I said, it was a black one in the corner.
Speaker 1: Why did you lie?
Speaker 2: She said, panised.
Speaker 1: In the moment, it was such an easy truth, so like, oh my god, my daughter knew your daughter was going to be here, and they wanted to play.
Speaker 4: Oh that's good, Brooke's I.
Speaker 6: Wish I would have come up with something like that, but in the moment, I didn't think, you know, yeah, the black one over there, Yeah, okay, yeah, that.
Speaker 4: Could have gone smooth.
Speaker 2: Brook was right with her example. I mean, I mean, at least you have a dog.
Speaker 6: Well, then like thirty seconds later, some lady puts a leash on that dog.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not.
Speaker 1: There alone, that's my dog walker I hired.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Brook, at this it gets worse because then he's like, hey, someone's trying to steal your dog.
Speaker 2: That's what I would say. I'd be like, what the hell is going on? Someone's walking away with your pets?
Speaker 4: Like I didn't need this is so funny.
Speaker 2: Then what do you say?
Speaker 6: I said, I said, it was my nanny.
Speaker 5: Okay, So now you have a dog that doesn't exist and a nanny that is.
Speaker 6: Nanny that doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Does it ever get good?
Speaker 6: So I did ask him. I was like, hey, if you want to hang out sometime, here's my number, which I'm sure he probably already had my daughter. Okay, and now it's just been eight days and I've heard nothing from him, and you guys can't see me. But I consider myself to be pretty unattractive, Okay, so I don't understand why a single guy wouldn't want to go out with me.
Speaker 1: I mean, do you think maybe he didn't buy the whole Nanny dog Lie?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean he probably thought it was a cycle path. I don't know. I feel terriblecause I don't even know this man. We've never hung out like that, like on a date, and so I don't know. I kind of want you guys to call him, get a read on him, and see if he likes me or not, because I honestly I wouldn't mind dating him for real.
Speaker 4: Okay, are we going to come clean?
Speaker 1: And yes, Jeffrey, we already tried faking a dog on the show once and it didn't go well. And I don't back.
Speaker 2: In the j does a great dog bar No, that's a little feral dog. So maybe that's a bad idea.
Speaker 5: We might have to come clean and tell Corey the truth if he picks up and let him not like you're just genuinely interested and think he's a nice guy.
Speaker 2: Is that the worst thing to say?
Speaker 6: Yes, I just I wanted to bring this full charkle because it's eating me alive.
Speaker 1: You know, it's not the worst thing.
Speaker 5: It's not the worst thing, but you know, I can tell you you've got a lot of emotions going on over there, Coco. We'll step in and do the work for you when we come back and do your second date update single dad style right after this.
Speaker 1: Hold on Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning. Second date update.
Speaker 5: If you're just joining us, We've been talking to Coco, a single mom who didn't really go on an official date. She was kind of set up by her seven year old daughters.
Speaker 4: Are arising.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's way more normal if you heard the first part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but she was convinced to go to a dog park to meet up with a random dad named Corey, where she lied to him several times about multiple things, but did give him her number and is a little disappointed that he hasn't reached out in the past eight days.
Speaker 2: So that's where we're.
Speaker 5: Coming in to help her figure things out. Well, I mean it seems so easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you think that the dad, Corey, do you think he even understood why you were giving him your number?
Speaker 7: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Because like parents exchange numbers all the time, and it's like, oh, here's in case our kids want to hang out again.
Speaker 4: That's for safety. Yes, you have my number.
Speaker 1: Like, he wouldn't call you back if that was the reason in his head.
Speaker 6: I mean, I was flirting with him, but he should have thought that maybe I was interested.
Speaker 4: That's true. You know a lot of times those guys do not pick up on that.
Speaker 1: Stuff, especially when a guy is dialed into dog daughter.
Speaker 4: Here we are, he's in down mode.
Speaker 5: Coco said that she was extremely attractive that day too, so it doesn't matter what he thought. The man brain should have gone to, I should date this woman.
Speaker 4: He should have snapped out of it.
Speaker 1: I hope that's not the first thing that men think of every time they see it.
Speaker 5: Well, that is how man brains work. Yes, hot woman, I should date.
Speaker 4: Yes, I will marry you.
Speaker 1: The brag you think it.
Speaker 5: Is, I'm not saying it's a brag, It's just how these dumb brains work. It's gotten us to this point, and let's keep going. It is time for me to call dad and find out why.
Speaker 2: You know, want talk to a woman?
Speaker 4: Cool, she likes it.
Speaker 2: Coco's following along. Let's just reach out. We'll see if Corey picks up. Here we go, Hello, Hey, is this Corey?
Speaker 1: Did he say woo? Who?
Speaker 2: After I think his phone echoed.
Speaker 4: Hello, Ye, I'm on the phone.
Speaker 2: Hey, sorry, Corey? Is this Corey?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hey man, Brook.
Speaker 4: Is dying right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're hearing a lot of voices right now because you're on a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. See.
Speaker 4: I knew you was gonna do it. Yeah, you got away, were contain.
Speaker 2: I don't want to lose Corey, Corey Dow.
Speaker 5: Come on God?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey what wait?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 2: So you're on a radio show right now.
Speaker 5: My name is jeff This is called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, and we're doing a segment that's known as the second Date Update. Yeah, and we're trying to help out one of our listeners that you you met the other day, a very nice woman named Coco.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So my daughter's friend mom, right.
Speaker 5: Right, You do remember your tracking that man, brain just locked right in.
Speaker 3: I'm still I'm not sure what's so? What now? What about her?
Speaker 5: Well, we heard that you two had a little interaction at the dog park and Coco gave you her phone number, but hasn't heard anything from you in many days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I mean I guess I did think about it, to be honest with you, but just based on what I know, I don't think it would be that great of an idea.
Speaker 4: Based on what you know? Wait, that was kind of ague.
Speaker 2: What do you what do you know?
Speaker 7: So?
Speaker 3: I mean you know how kids talk?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they got all the good tea.
Speaker 3: So yeah, her daughter was telling my daughter that I guess her mom wanted to have another baby with me.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, her daughter told your daughter that her mom wants to have a baby with you?
Speaker 2: Buddy, what do you think about that statement? Cory?
Speaker 3: I mean, I just met this lady one time at a dog park. Like what am I supposed to think?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, little daughter is unhinged? Is That's not what.
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 5: Kid?
Speaker 1: Tea is good tea, but because it's usually really exaggerated and not exactly accurate.
Speaker 3: And then I heard that she just recently got divorced, and it's because she was hooking up with the school bus driver.
Speaker 4: Why no, tea, Wait, why would her daughter know that?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 2: Does that information intrigue you? Yeah, I mean I'm curious at least to know.
Speaker 4: Think of that.
Speaker 1: Just never rode a public school bus before and there.
Speaker 2: If it had been like this the whole time, I'm missed out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, just for me, that's a lot of drama that I do not need to be involved in.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, That checks out.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe it's not true.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe it's not true.
Speaker 2: I think we agree.
Speaker 5: If all that was factual, we would understand where you're coming from. Sure, But the only way to know for sure if it's real is to ask Coco directly. And it's perfect because she's on the other line right now, listening in on this phone call, waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, Hello, Corey.
Speaker 1: I mean, logo, you needed to hear what your daughter's spreading on this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it's a total misunderstanding.
Speaker 2: So it's not true.
Speaker 6: I never told my daughter that I want another baby. Is my daughter is the one that wants a sister?
Speaker 1: Why are we not? I feel like we should start with the bus driver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Brook wants to know how hot was this bus driver?
Speaker 1: No, why would your daughter say that?
Speaker 6: Well, I did hook up with a bus driver, but from someone that I met on a dating app, not to a school bus driver a dating app.
Speaker 2: Not this school bus driver. The school bus driver from three schools over the city.
Speaker 1: Was that while you were married or while you were.
Speaker 6: No, after I got divorced her rebound. Yeah, it was kind of like the magic school bus.
Speaker 3: So you guys hooked up on the school bus.
Speaker 6: No, No, No, I didn't ride the school bus.
Speaker 2: She's not missus frizzle.
Speaker 6: This is kind kind of getting out of hand. I hooked up with a man who his job was to be a bus driver. So but not like our daughter's school bus driver.
Speaker 1: Like, No, the most important part is you did it while you were single as well.
Speaker 6: Right right, right, Like I know my daughter might have misspoken. I just wanted to clear the air a little bit, like there's just so many things that are not right here. I'm a normal human being attractive, I might say, And I'm not a psychohone, gotcha?
Speaker 2: All right, Cocoa.
Speaker 5: Now that we've cleared the air, all the cards are on the table. Corey, how are you feeling about this?
Speaker 3: I mean, technically she's still hooking up with school bus drivers, which to me is kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Book Okay, what is that?
Speaker 6: Why you haven't called me? Because of that?
Speaker 4: Sometimes you find.
Speaker 1: Out we got a lot bus drivers who listen, watch out you got she didn't say plural drivers who happened to drive a bus.
Speaker 6: Well, in all transparency, technically I did data second bus driver, but he wasn't for long.
Speaker 1: Probably because the apps, you like, the algorithm set to bus drivers in your area, the algorithm.
Speaker 5: So now that we have all of this new information for you to process, what do you think about, you know, maybe giving Coco a chance and seeing if there is more of a connection between you two.
Speaker 1: I mean, how many hot single moms can be available right now? And she sounds like she's a really loving mother too.
Speaker 4: It was all misunderstandings, man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so maybe you go to a movie with Coco and you know, have some dinner and we'd pay.
Speaker 2: For that movie.
Speaker 1: Is a terrible first date. Don't do that.
Speaker 2: You're right, you guys can take a bus ride.
Speaker 1: Kind of competitions out there.
Speaker 2: We'll pay the bus fee.
Speaker 3: Corey, Yeah, I mean I'm talking to her and finding out the details. I guess free dinner I would mind giving.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he was an average dad is a mid personality.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's processing too. Let's give him a little bit of a crumb.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just saying I'm taking everything into account and the free dinner. Definitely, he's not excited at all.
Speaker 1: But that is a very dad answering.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry that he's love bombing you so hard.
Speaker 6: I mean, I feel like I'm a last resort at this point, which is not fun.
Speaker 5: Well, that's not what you meant, right, Sometimes you got to take what the world gives you.
Speaker 2: So is it a yes or no with Corey? Hell?
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't let your kids find out you guys are going on a date.
Speaker 5: Dad's gonna be like my mom's pregnant, Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. You know, sometimes the chemistry between two people is just undeniable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm not even talking about Corey and Coco.
Speaker 5: I'm talking about Coco and all the school bus drivers.
Speaker 2: The heat just palpable there.
Speaker 1: I feel like the dating scene is not good for Coco right now. No, her whole sell in him was like, Eh, he looked like an average dad and then he wasn't that into it. Yeah, I mean he did laugh a lot, which I will say, maybe there's something in there, like once he gets comfortable that is fun and charismatic.
Speaker 5: He there's an underlying sense of humor there. But you can't blame a single dad who just wants a free Costco hot dog because that's what.
Speaker 2: We're offering them.
Speaker 5: Oh really, parents, single parents especially have super busy lives. And as long as we hold that carried out for Corey some free food, he is willing to stick around and find out where it does.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't work out with them, she can always dig one other school faculty member.
Speaker 2: I'm sure, yeah, why not?
Speaker 5: And if you need some help in your love life, you can always email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back. Go find all of our second dates. They're up on podcasts wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey