Speaker 1: The fed's top names are on Bloomberg Radio, Boston FED President Susan Collins.
Speaker 2: I would say it's not a done deal in terms of what we do at the next meeting.
Speaker 1: Chicago FED President Austin Goilsby. I want to get more information. I'm still undecided. Richmond FED President Thomas Barkin.
Speaker 3: Absolutely critical the independence of the FED. That does not mean that is not held accountable.
Speaker 1: For the latest headlines from the FED, listen on Bloomberg eleven three to zero or anytime on the Bloomberg Talks podcast.
Speaker 4: My mom has taken up going to the park to practice yoga.
Speaker 5: My dad's going to a club, but not a book club, a salsa club. Finding new hobbies comes with age.
Speaker 4: My mom has started getting lost and not knowing where she's.
Speaker 5: Going, Becoming lust or disoriented doesn't Confusion with time or place may be a sign of Alzheimer's. An early diagnosis can help improve the quality of life for you loved one. Learn the warning signs of Alzheimer's at tenscigns dot org, brought to you by the Alzheimer's Association and the ED Council.
Speaker 1: How is Africa riding the crypto wave?
Speaker 6: Why are record, coffee prices, a double edged sword, and what do China's economic woes mean for African debt. I'm Jennifer Zabasaja. Join me for Next Africa, a podcast from Bloomberg that offers a weekly dive into one business or economic story from across the continent. Listen to Next Africa on Apple CarPlay or Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: Influential conversations from Bloomberg Television. Here's Matt Miller and Danny Berger.
Speaker 7: Joining us now is Faru Katwari. Ethan Allen Chairman, President and CEO. Ethan Allen manufacturers about seventy five percent of its furniture in North America, about half in the US. How are you setting up for these potential new taxes totys?
Speaker 3: Back when manufacturing was leaving the United States, we decided that we will stay in North America. Not an easy decision. Well, it has given us a good opportunity. First is we had to make sure that we had the more efficient manufacturer in the United States. We've been very fortunate to have great talent. We've got to treat them well. And technology is important to right well, can I ask.
Speaker 8: You then about that twenty five percent of your supply chain that is still coming not from North America, with those tariffs looming already some tariffs being put on them. How are you thinking about it? What are you planning to do with it? Do you adjust or do you take the tariff hit.
Speaker 3: A lot of that is affecting what we call non furniture products, like for instant, accessory products, textile products, rugs, some furniture also. I think as we go forward, we're looking at two things. One is sharing with our partners overseas and then then taking some price increases. And we go to see both of that in the next few months.
Speaker 4: Here more interviews like this one on Bloomberg Television, streaming live on Bloomberg dot com and the Bloomberg Mobile app, or check your local cable listings.
Speaker 2: Markets, headlines and breaking news twenty four hours a day on Blueberg Radio, Blueberg Television, and the blue Boat Business app.
Speaker 1: This is a Blueberg Business flash.
Speaker 9: Hey fifty three am in the city of London. GOODBONI I'm Caroline HPKA. Your pinstocks are actually up by a tenth of one percent, and even cat cow stocks gaining four tenths of one percent. Is this something of a relief rally as investors look to the next move in terms of the appointment of a new premiere by Imanue and Macon in Paris. In terms of the euro, right now we trade at one seventeen fifty three softter a tenth of one percent against a weaker US dollar. The pound is firm on cable two tenths of one percent. There's not much data, to be honest, to drive markets today. We're waiting for the CPI, the PPI data out of the US, and then the ECB rate decision and the Fed next week. Obviously, S and P five hundred emaanies are up by a tenth of one percent for futures after we got close to it yes another record a yesterday, and just last the gold is currently up to tens of one percent. Keeping an arm that those are the markets this hour.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Tom McKenzie with Caroline Hepcutt. We are joined by Bloomberg reporter Chloe Melle and Chloe Anglo American. The mining stocks very much in focus. This is a Bloomberg scoop around a potential merger, and my goodness, the move on Anglo is impressive, isn't it? Up seven point seven percent right now? They're leading European stock in terms of the gains coming through talk us through that mining potential mining deal and what it's doing to the rest of the sector.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Absolutely, So. Anglo American has agreed to combine with Tech Resources over in Canada, as you said, and that would be one of the biggest mining deals in over a decade. This is a so called zero premium deal, which means that there's a target company that is not offered a premium over its current market value, so that's why they called it a merger of equals. Anglo willpaid's investors four point five billion dollar special dividend ahead of the combination, which might to explain why that share price is up and makes investors quite happy. It's interesting because both companies have actually been pursued by bigger miners in recent years. So we remember last year Anglo American fighting off the approach from BHP. Glen Core was also was also tried to buy a Tech in twenty twenty three, so maybe that Tech and Anglo bonded over that. But there's been a bit of a deal making frenzy over the last couple of years in that mining sector, and so it's worth keeping in mind that the announcement of the deal could actually kick off new bids for Tech or Anglo American on the back of that.
Speaker 9: Yeah. Absolutely, it's interesting, isn't it. That's combined value. I mean, something like fifty billion dollars is a safety billionaire in terms of other stocks that we're thinking about. Then, So that massive M and A deal aside outlook for the Italian lender Monte Depasci after announce a take of Media Banker.
Speaker 10: Yes, so more M and A news is actually quite an M and A focus day to day is actually was founded in fourteen seventy two. That's a fun little tidbits. Considered is considered to be the world's oldest bank still on operation. It's finally worn control over Medio Banker. So this is a sixteen billion euro takeover deal and that will create Italy's third largest bank with two hundred and thirty billion euros in assets. This is kind of the combination of a really impressive turnaround for Monte Tepesci, which was nationalized in twenty seventeen, which is really not that long ago and has only recently emerged from a really deep restructuring. A lot of that is thanks to the current CEO who managed to kind of boost profitability, which in turn lifted the share price and then allowed the government to sell down at that stake. The new deal is also good news for Prime Minister Georgia Maloney, who has been keen for a long time to establish a new large lender that could kind of rival UniCredit in Tessa, and that announcement of that deal really lifted the shares for both Paski and also Medio Banker.
Speaker 2: This morning, in terms of the fence Tech, SAB is down, so it's feeling a bit of pressure.
Speaker 1: The stock is under a bit of pressure today.
Speaker 2: What is the rationale behind that on a day where we have a massive defense event taking place here in London.
Speaker 10: Yeah, so SAB was initiated at rating at Barkley's this morning, which explains that weakness in the shares. It's perhaps not as well positioned as some other pits in that defense sector to take advantage fully of all that military build up and defense spending that we see across Europe. It also comes just a few days after another underweight rating that it got at Morgan Stanley with and is being quite cautious of the expectations for that sector, maybe being a little bit too lofty. The Morgan Stanley analyst had said that consensus was already fifty percent ahead of saab's expansion targets, despite some risks with the execution. So something kind of worth keeping in mind with that European defense sector and the expectations that are being put on it.
Speaker 9: Yeah, okay, so that's as we look at SARB and these stocks to watch this morning. Thank you so much Chloe for being with us cloone Millay there with our Stock Movers reports. You can listen to those five minute audio reports or the biggest winners and losers in the stock market. Subscribe to Stock Movers on Apple podcast, Spotify or anywhere else you listen. I was just picking up on the defense story, so I was talking actually ahead of this event. So London's opening the doors to thousands of people who are coming for one of the biggest defense events on the calendar in the year is happening at Docklands, and it's the d SEI This is Defense and Security Equipment International event. It's usually an event that only kind of insiders go to, all though very big company names. But now there is so much focus on defense m and A on contracts after the UK one, the shipbuilding deal for Norway for new frigates. It's going to be a very very interesting event, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'll be on the ground there later today as well, having a look at what's being on, what's being displayed, and speaking to executives and to your point of course, at a time when the UK, France, Germany specifically are spending heavily on defense and see, it's pretty consequential.
Speaker 9: Okay, that's the one story we're thinking about today, but also we'll bring you the latest on France in the next part of Bloomberg Day, Baker, We're live from London and Paris this morning. This is Gloomberg.
Speaker 11: The latest global headlines are now at your fingertips.
Speaker 1: Subscribe to Bloomberg News now and get news when you want it on your schedule. These are short audio reports that bring you the latest headlines with context.
Speaker 11: Check in throughout the day for just a few minutes to stay on top of the latest news from around the world.
Speaker 8: Bloomberg News Now is available twenty four hours a day, right on your smartphone.
Speaker 1: Subscribe today on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or anywhere you listen.
Speaker 11: Bloomberg News Now context changes everything, live.
Speaker 1: From the financial capital of the world, broadcasting across the globe. This is WBBR New York, Bloomberg eleven three to zero.