Speaker 1: Break was breaking down all the biggest NBA storylines. You're tuned in, so the heat Check. The Heat Check was just a crazy, the best podcast covering all the drama around the association.
Speaker 2: This is a segment that you just came up with called what the fuck? What the fuck are the Chicago Bulls doing? What are they doing? In the Chicago Bulls first game in the twenty twenty three season?
Speaker 3: Is it the worst game in NBA history? The worst? Not just the worst first game, maybe the worst game period.
Speaker 2: It was so bad the Chicago Bulls already had to have a player's meeting, players only meeting where you kick out the coach. No staff can be there, the type of a meeting you have in like Game fifty seven, when you're trying to get the season back on track.
Speaker 3: In Game one, it's gonna be a bumpy It's gonna be bumpy ride. We knew this team wasn't doing shit this year.
Speaker 2: We knew that, we talked about that. We knew that a playing spot was like the ceiling.
Speaker 3: We knew that they knew that. Everyone knew that right.
Speaker 2: We knew they would probably lose to not just better teams than them, but probably more organize worse teams than them.
Speaker 3: So when you have a player's only meeting after game one, oh my.
Speaker 2: God, how bad does it have to be? Oh my goodness, the Thunder. So here's a scoop. Thunder whooped that ass right at the crib one twenty four, one oh four. This is a team that was also a playing team.
Speaker 3: Last year. Defense was getting.
Speaker 2: Cooked by Shay Shaye. Like I told you, guys thirty one points. Towards the end of the game, Nicola Lusevich pig Man, he seen fighting with Billy Donovan, the head coach, on the sideline after the game. After the beatdown, Billy Donovan tries to go to the locker room and lick all his boys wounds.
Speaker 3: Pause and they're.
Speaker 2: Already fighting in the fucking locker room, and he's like, ah, would you guys prefer me to like not be here, And they're like, yeah, fucking dip, take a powder, do whatever you're gonna go do.
Speaker 3: The best part, though, was Billy.
Speaker 2: Donovan after the fact, is now trying to convince us that that little spat was actually.
Speaker 3: Something we should think is a good thing.
Speaker 2: This is like a good thing for us to build on. He said this that would have never happened last year. It would have been a quiet group. So the confrontation piece is a sign that it's important to them and they know we've gotta be better.
Speaker 3: Does anyone actually believe that?
Speaker 2: Does anyone actually believe that a player's only meaning after game.
Speaker 3: One is a good sign of things to come. No.
Speaker 2: No one on the score, which is the local radio station. No one is like, good job, bulls. Wait to make sure that a bad season doesn't happen after one game.
Speaker 3: No after game one.
Speaker 2: Zach Lavine, notorious chucker, don't give a fuck about nobody else but myself is like, oh yeah, our guys don't have heart.
Speaker 3: I don't think we play with enough heart. That's on us.
Speaker 2: That's unacceptable. I don't think it's a thing people do on purpose. We gotta come together, folks. Zack by the way, Zack, you be the one saying this wild. This is blow up the bridge bad. This is one of those things where you say, I'm not sure any of these dudes make it the full season, Like, I just don't think they will. You Vouch, by the way, spent all off season chirping about his role and after one game is mad at Billy Donovan.
Speaker 3: For not having the amount of touches he thought he was gonna get.
Speaker 2: Zach Lavine in Game three, had fifty one fuck points and zero assists.
Speaker 3: Zero asists in a game.
Speaker 2: I kid you not that they lost by sixteen points to the Detroit Pistons, a team that, by the way, lost or won only twenty three games last year. DeRozan and the Bulls currently are in extension talks and they are very far apart. Meanwhile, Pat Williams is looking for a two hundred million dollar extension and he is currently averaging three point seven points per game. Bulls, Bulls, you had one job, just one. Like I said, we knew you weren't gonna be good. The only job you had was to not be an utter and ridiculous embarrassment to your fan base, to your city, to the league. And apparently, after one game, that is not a goal that you can accomplish. So yeah, what the fuck are the Chicago Bulls doing? Oh my goodness, let's move forward. We gotta get to the top SoundBite from the week. This SoundBite was so low key shady, It is so shady, just so great. I wish I could give you the video of it, but it's funny for a bunch of different reasons. It made me, though, want to be like, oh oh damn, it was like that.
Speaker 3: Really I didn't even know that.
Speaker 2: All right, So the Sixers and the Raptors, right, they play this week this weekend, and so it's Nick Nurse coaching Philly against his old team Toronto, back in Toronto.
Speaker 3: Old home week. Right, what's up coach?
Speaker 2: Ay?
Speaker 3: Good to see?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you know, it goes like everybody's a little nicey nicy, friendly friendly. Usually when a player moves on, coach moves on, you know, probably with like Jannis and Bud.
Speaker 3: Whenever you Bud gets a job, it's like, hey, how you been, how's your family?
Speaker 2: Do it? Even people you can't fucking stand, it's like you good, you good?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: You good? How's the lady?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, good times, good times? Right?
Speaker 2: No, no, not in this case for Nick Nurse and his former players and Rookie of the Year, specifically Scottie Barnes.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: For the first time that the two had seen each other since Messi U Juri straight clip. Nick Nurse like a mob boss after the dog shit season.
Speaker 3: That they had.
Speaker 2: The media, of course, had some things to ask Nick Nurse. They wanted to know, Nick, were you unhappy with the.
Speaker 3: Way that things ended? All all getting fired?
Speaker 2: And this is not the clip of the week because he answered it like a professional.
Speaker 4: It definitely was no doubt about it. Uh, just weird in general being being here the last couple of days in the city. But it's good, good, good.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: I don't need to tell everybody in here how great the city is. It was fun to walk around a little bit and catch the vibe again and and all that stuff. So lots of ten great years, lots of great memories.
Speaker 2: Coach, Was it disappointing the way that it ended in Toronto?
Speaker 4: No, I'm fine. I think it ended the way it ended.
Speaker 1: It came at that point after I.
Speaker 4: Don't think so. I don't think so. They could have win either way, probably play a little better towards the playoffs or playing or whatever. Who knows. But I think I think, like I said when I left, many times, as it was, it felt like it was time, probably both sides. And it still feels that way to me just looking around. I look at them play and they look like they're playing great and I'm really enjoying coaching this team, you know, so I think everybody's where they're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: I look around and I still see that they're the same same motherfuckers I left and when I left at Gronto, you know, like I still see them being them. You know, He's like kind of glad that I'm gone now. A lot there that was not said, that was said. You know, we could just deconstruct this all day. But what was even funnier, though, was my man was my man, Scottie Barnes.
Speaker 3: Now this this is the shady ship we look for.
Speaker 2: Naturally, A reporter asked Scotty. Scotty, how was it, senior former coach.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't. I didn't really look over there that much, you know, focus on the game. But you know, I don't know, good to see him like this? Did you change their words or not? Really? Like I barely saw him, to be honest, I never really see when he walked in. I wasn't really looking over there, really just focus on the game, trying to win.
Speaker 2: Goodness see um, I guess goodness see them.
Speaker 3: I don't buck with you.
Speaker 2: This is just sit very shady, shocking though, It's very shocking to me that Scottie Barnes would feel this way, considering that Nick Nurse played him all five positions, probably forty minutes a night, and then publicly bus tossed him if he wasn't making threes. So I am just absolutely shocked that it wasn't a reunion. I know, though, like in all seriousness, that it was like not a great relationship between Nick and his players, and that the young guys specifically really didn't like Nick. But like, damn, when you say I didn't even notice him, I was focusing on me and it was good to see him.
Speaker 3: I guess then it was not good to see him. It was not.
Speaker 2: It was not anything to see him. By the way, go find a clip on Twitter smirk perfect clearly not really saying everything he wanted to say, You get what he was trying to say. On top of that, the babushka look on top was chef's kiss.
Speaker 3: The guy was fully fully.
Speaker 2: Audrey Hepburn getting into the convertible with the silk scarf over her head, into the whole ass, Oh my goodness. Just all she needed was all he needed was the cigarette with the clip on. You know what I'm trying to say, God, damn it, what an iconic moment from this league.