Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio. You're out, you're abouts, but you want your Dan Patrick. Well, good news. He goes everywhere with If you miss the show, you can podcast it. If you want to see the show, just go to Peacock and we stream it live every weekday.
Speaker 2: Watch past episodes too.
Speaker 1: The Dan Patrick Show available anywhere you are, anyway you want it.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 1: I love Dan Patrick.
Speaker 3: Oh my good.
Speaker 1: Home to the biggest guests and best sports talk on radio.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 5: One of my favorite.
Speaker 1: Normally, hold the Dan Patrick. Hope you missus Watson Today, Dan and the Dan Nuts are off.
Speaker 3: Don't see another radio show behind my back, quick and filling in.
Speaker 2: It's Jonas Knox, Brady Quinn and LeVar Erring. Dad.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 1: It's good broadcasting from the Mercedes Man. Okay, this is the Dan Patrick's show.
Speaker 3: It's the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the Dan Nants.
Speaker 5: Here.
Speaker 3: By the way, LeVar Arrington normally does this show with us. He is not here normally when somebody is missing from our show that we do with you here before the Dan Patrick Show, which is six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific. Whenever they're out, we just blame it on a peed suspension because that's always fun for the family. You know, think that you're listening and like, you know, somebody got popped because they pissed hot. That's always fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But no, no LeVar Arrington with us here. But you can hear the three of us back tomorrow morning six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific. But we are in for Dan and the guys here on this football recap Monday here on Fox Sports Radio. And you know, one of the big stories in the NFL is the resurgence of the running back this year feels like the running back is back in style. You know all those teams that were like, no, no, we don't need him, we don't need that. And the guy who reigned supreme over all of them is Saquon Barkley, who surpassed two thousand yards yesterday in the Eagles win yesterday in Philadelphia over the Dallas Cowboys. And so Saquon Barkley is sitting with an opportunity to potentially break the all time record. Eric Dickerson has the record at twenty one oh five. Saquon Barkley is sitting there at two thousand and five, so he needs one hundred and one yards to try and break the record of Eric Dickerson. That is the all time mark. Eric Dickerson has gone on record and said he does not want Saquon Barkley to break his record. He has let it be known I don't want him breaking this record, But Saquon Barkley spoke about the opportunity to do so in a game coming up next week next week, which apparently does not mean anything. Carently for the Philadelphia Eagles, it does not mean anything. So Saquon Barkley was talking with the media yesterday following that game. He was waxing poetic about loving Philadelphia and loves right doing everything I possibly can to vamp away here on this football recap Monday, and it was quite the scene there in Philly post game with Saquon Barkley talking about the opportunity.
Speaker 6: I'm not overly trying to go get it. I'm not scared of it like I would love to. But at the end of the day, you know, also we got bigger things that were focusing on and we're able to clinch the clinch the division right here, whether it's we played next week or not. In rest, I'm fine with that too, because I didn't come here and sign here just to frush for two thousand or break a record. I'm gonna do something special, meaning special with the team.
Speaker 3: All right, So is it worth the risk to send him out there?
Speaker 5: No chance? Really, it would be one thing if it was like tens twenty yards, one hundred yards. I mean again, I know he's had an incredible season. He's what the ninth running back in NFL history to do. Is that we said, yeah, I mean, it's unbelievable, And it makes it even more unbelievable that we saw how it went down, like we saw how he left the New York Giants and made it to the Philadelphia Egals behind the scenes thanks to hard knocks and it being the last thing that John Mayer wanted to see happen, and yet it happened and he comes off and has a career year in Philadelphia. So kudos to Sakuan. You wonder how much more pressure that puts on the New York Giants ownership, on Joe Shaye and the general manager there in New York and how they view just how the season went wrong for the Giants. But I digress, I would not risk it. I mean, the tough thing about where they're at saying number two being locked into that seat is you're going to be probably playing with the Packers if all things stay the same way. Right now heading into the playoff pictures, the Packers currently have the seven seeds, so that's a tough matchup, man, And I know, you know the Packers have to go to Philly, but you don't want to risk the potential of the guy who's been the most consistent piece of your offense this season to not be you know, not one hundred percent healthy, but at least as healthy as he possibly can be. And mind you the quarterback situation there, you know, we find out after Kenny Pickett leaves the game, but we knew going into it. He didn't really disclose what it was, but we knew was some sort of rib injury. And now he finds out he's playing with broken ribs. So then Tanner McKee has to come in, and it's it's expected that Hurts come back, probably not for a meaningless game, So we'll pick it be able to make it a go. If not, it's gonna be a combination of Tanner McKee and maybe Ian Book my notre name buddy who they just signed onto the practice squad. So look, again, a meaningless game. However, the only thing that would matter would be if he could break that record, And you know, could he in a normal game scenario. Sure, but I justly I think I don't think it's worth the risk. I really don't. I mean, the question becomes if Saquon Barkley goes up to Nick Sirianni. So let's say you're Nick Sirianni in this case, and I'm Saquon and I say, your coach, I want to go get that record? What are you gonna say in return?
Speaker 3: Why do you have him? Sounded like that? By the way, what do you mean? That just seemed like, you know, I didn't know that was your Saquon impression? Yeah, I mean I don't know something like that. You go, Where's I mean? Nay?
Speaker 5: Let me see? Hold on, why do a Sirianni sound like that? What do you get in that?
Speaker 1: What do you.
Speaker 5: He's not running a pizzeria.
Speaker 3: People are all the same, man. Look, I think that Barkley had an opportunity to stay in a game. There was some I don't know if he was trying to go for two hundred yards or he was trying to there was some record that was on the line or some milestone that was on the line earlier this year, and he was miked up for it, and Siriani came over to him and gave him the chance, like, do you want to go in? I'm giving you the opportunity here, and Saquon Barkley said no, let the other guys get some burn. And I feel like Siriani's probably going to approach him and give him the opportunity. I'm just not convinced that that Saquon goes through with it, even though it's against the Giants, which would be really an appropriate conclusion to all this. I just don't know that he that he signs up for that, you know. I feel like there's there's a chance for them to get some rest and to be healthier as they open up the playoffs. But it would be fun to watch man. And and by the way, the more that you hear Saquon Barkley talk, the more that you see him perform, the more insane. The decision was by the Giants to not retain him just blows mind. Not that he would do this in New York to this level, but that he didn't want to leave. No, they had every opportunity and they just flew it.
Speaker 5: And the truth is, if the Giants could, you know, go back in time, they would have signed Saquon to the long term deal, they would have franchised tag Jones, and they wouldn't be in the situation. But the one thing you can say, at least as far as how the Giants viewed the situation in the offseason was they understood they were losing the identity of their offense if they moved on from him, and they acknowledged the fact that we're paying Daniel Jones forty million, so eventually he's got to step in and he has to be that high side that raises all the boats. So it's not like they it's not like they were confused with the decision that they were making. They knew the decision they were making. Unfortunately, they didn't understand what the market really looked like because they didn't want him to go to a divisional opponent. Here it is, and then obviously they were betting on him not having the season that he's had for Philly. So I mean, look, even if he was back with the New York Giants, I'm not sure that offensive line would have helped him get to over two thousand yards. But the one thing I'll say this is there is no bigger fan rooting against Saquon Barkley playing Week eighteen than Eric Dickerson. I mean, he's been pretty outward utardly speaking about the fact that he doesn't want his record to be broken. Lee, do we have the sound of Eric Dickerson.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you're happy for him, but you've already said you don't hope that he breaks your record.
Speaker 4: You got to tell me why that.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean, it's just common sense. I'm not saying for you, but I'm just saying people like say records are meant to be broken. I'm like, well, you don't have a record, then, I mean, a did it come down to?
Speaker 5: I mean, by the way, that was Maria Taylor on NBC Sports last night talking Eric Dickerson about it, which I understand Eric Dickerson's point, but there also is an element of like, records are kind of made to be broken. And you did have the record at one point, but you should want kind of like your kids, the next generation, you should want them to have it better than you had at LEAs that's my perspective. Like I've said this, and I do think it will eventually happen, Like someone will eventually, you know, beat all my records at under Name, for all the passing records, And when that time comes, when it happens, I'll be happy for that guy like that. That's a good thing. Like I can't imagine happening during a bad season, Like it's probably a really really good season for Notre Name, if that's what's happening out there on the field now.
Speaker 3: Is this any different than you know, Mercury Morris when they would open up champagne every time a team lost, and these seven.
Speaker 5: Times they still do that. Didn't that happen this year she lost?
Speaker 3: You know, probably there's probably still a few of those guys that are that are out there celebrating that. But it would be good for Eric Dickerson. He wants to hold on to it as long as possible. Why not, you know, like why not why not hold on to that that claim as long as you can?
Speaker 5: I appreciate the honesty. I mean, it'd be one thing to say the right things, but behind the scenes like actively have like a voodoo doll and word against him. At least he's open and honest about it.
Speaker 3: So and by the way, like you of all people talking about you know, you should want you know, good for other people. Like, let me tell you something, when your son gets older. When your son gets older, are you going to let him win anything? Really, you're going to let him have anything? Like, hey, I'll let you have this record, Like if you guys are playing horse, are you even going to let him get a letter on you? Probably not?
Speaker 5: Probably not. Yeah, But that's different, you know, that's that's your son. This is a this is a little different. This is not your child where you're trying to prepare them for the real world where no one's going to want to see them succeed. All right, So it's a it's a little different that sense. But obnoly thought you were going to take a turn down the whole, like not rooting for you and your your sports gambling go back to that. Well, but I'm glad you didn't.
Speaker 3: Well I was going to say this, I did blow and eight nothing lead in air hockey yesterday to my son. So not that I can that I can judge, but I lost.
Speaker 5: A game of Tic Tac tooe to my year old. I was playing my a and six year old at lunch the other day at the same time, and I just got a little bit distracted. But I lost when I was like, dang, I mean most of them I let them start, so I'm to be a cat's game. They're like, they're good enough to that extent, but then there was one where I was like, ah, that just rushed that decision a little bit too much. But she was excited about it. So it's a confidence just do.
Speaker 3: What I do. Like whenever, like I'm in the middle of playing a game with him, I'll just say, look, Santa Claus, and then I'll either like swipe a piece or draw something in and then you know, next thing, you know, he's distracted. He doesn't know what hit him. Man, if you can't get one over on a three year old, you're doing something wrong in life. That's my philosophy, all right. So the Philadelphia Eagles, congratulations, They've got nothing to play for. By the way, I should mention this congratulations to the La Rams who by way of and this is not used a lot. The strength of schedule stuff really threw everybody for a loop because they're like, why would the Commanders beating the Falcons have anything to do with the Rams winning of the division. But it was the strength of schedule that it was based off of. And apparently it's only been done like four times in like the last fourteen years where they've had to go down this road. But I'll say this, less Need was sort of labeled as well. He's just one of those guys. It just trades away to acquire top talent. He doesn't care about draft picks, dude. They've quietly produced solid drafts over the past couple of years. With all of these newfound picks that they've got, They've won the division again. They've got two defensive players up for Defensive Rookie of the Year right now, in contention for both in Verse and Fisk Pooka and Nakua Cooper Cup Matt Stafford like, they better hope they don't draw Green Bay in the first round. I think that would not be an ideal matchup for the LA Rams. But you got to give credit for less Need. Sean McVay and then because they were banged up earlier this year, at what point the Rams lost to the Bears. That's how bleak things looked early in the season. And here they are winning the NFC West. So congratulations of those guys here. I don't know if they do I don't know if they make a deep run in the postseason, but you know, at least they're going to be hosting a playoff game at your favorite place, Sofi Stadium.
Speaker 5: So you've given Lessened a lot of credit. But can you give Sean McVay a credit. It seems like he's able to get that group playing together, especially a young group of players. Granted, he's got the piece of Matt Stafford, but I think after Aaron Donald retired, we thought, all right, they're gonna take a step back. You know, Rahie Morris moves on. There's all these different changes too on the staff. Other guys have moved on, and yet he's still been able to remain competitive. They've been able to find a way of winning the NFC West. It truly is remarkable. I think when you look at that Shanahan tree of coaches, and it's one of the reasons why if you look at this this hiring cycle, there's going to be someone who's hired that's connected back to Mike Shanahan, the Kyle Shannan, the whole family tree. And even more crazy when you look at the success now of Washington and getting a playoff berth with last night's victory, you go back to that staff when Kyle Shanahan was the OC and Mike Shanahan was that Like, you go back to that staff and look at all the guys that are now head coach in the NFL. It's crazy to think that it didn't work and that they weren't more successful. It's crazy.
Speaker 3: Does that speak to the uh, maybe the organization they were they were a part of.
Speaker 5: I mean it's obviously a different organization now, but it speaks to a lot of the bad organizations. It's really hard, and I think for a lot of people out there who work in a corporate environment, you know, especially if you've been somewhere else before, you know what it's like when things are toxic, when things it's going to be hard and you're working against yourself instead of working against your competition, and how hard that is to overcome. And to me, like, the more I moved around the NFL. It became easy to see the difference in the better organizations. It was easy to see why the Seattle Seahawks in twenty thirteen miles there ended up moving on to go win the Super Bowl. It's easy to see those things. It's easy to see why a team or organization like the Kansas City Chiefs can fix a problem diagnosed and get better Denver Brocks fix a problem diagnosed, get better, Like It's easy to see that from those organizations because of how the ownership runs it and the standard that they set, and when they do have one of those years where it's not good enough, they find ways of fixing it fast. So I just I think that's become like not to go back to the initial conversation we had about this past weekend of games, because there's only a handful that were really competitive, depending on how you define that. But that's what's become most apparent right now. I think in the NFL that probably a lot of people on the outside aren't talking about is the league lacks parody, and it's literally set up to create parody. Like we're talking about bad football teams jocking for the number one overall pick to find a quarterback. Okay, what about the teams that aren't able to get to that number one spot. What about the teams that maybe have to settle for a guy that they don't feel like as their number one quarterback or they're gonna have to go a different position. Like I think of the Las Vegas Raiders and I look at the fact that they need a quarterback again. We thought they did going in the season last year, and then they draft a guy who was finalmenal this year. If not for Jayden Daniels and bow Knicks, the way they look this year, you'd probably would have given the Offensive Rookie of the Year to Brock Powers, you know, beat Poka Nukua's rookie reception number. He's had more reception than his rookie season than any tight end in NFL history. He's been phenomenal. But he's on a team that struggled, and they still have to answer that question at quarterback this year, and they're not really in a position unless they want to trade up and give away, you know, the rest of their future to go find one or make a play for a veteran that's not working there. Maybe it can work somewhere else. And there's a lot of questions there, but you get my point. Like you find the teams that are well run, they seem to always like we call it luck, like, oh, they lucked out in the Jordan Love and Green Bay. No, not, just a really good organization. And you can go time and time again and look at the Baltimore Ravens other transition from Joe Flack to Lamar Jackson. Oh, that's gonna be a hard transition. No, they're just a really good organization. Like I trust that Ozzie knew something back then. Now you look at the change in the front office and with Eric Tacosta, they will find a way of building that team to allow Lamar Jackson to be an MVP, to allow Lamar Jacks to be a perennial pro bowler, a guy who's gonna get his team to the playoffs. Will this would be the year they win a Super Bowl. We'll see, maybe they get over the hump. But they are always a part of that mix because of the ownership, because of the organization. And right now, I think there's a lot of bad organizations in the NFL that if you really look, you don't have to look that hard but if you really look at it, they're just non competitive football teams.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: One thing you say about the rookies and Rock Bauers and he's been fantastic. But there's been some really good rookie performances this year, like Brian Thomas Junior. The Jaguars, you know, have struggled this year, but he's had a great year. Malik Neighbors has been awesome for the New York Giants, even in the midst of all their chaos everything that's going on. Lad mcconkee, like, remember when the thought was you moved on from Keenan Allen. Are the Chargers going to be able to find production and the wide receiver position? Lad McConkie's been great. It feels like there's been under the radar some really really good performances that seem like good pieces and good building blocks for some of these organizations, like whoever the quarterback is, whoever the coaches, if Jacksonville makes a change there, like it feels like they've got some nice pieces there that they can work with. So it is The Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio, brought to you by tire Raq tire rack dot Com, the official tire expert and retailer of The Dan Patrick Show. Good to tire rack dot Com slash Dan, try the Tire Decision Guide and see the full line of Goodyear tires special offers, free road as of protection and mobile tire installation tire rack dot Com The Way tire buying should be. So it is Brady Quinn, Jonas knox In for Dan and the guys, and up next, we are going to give the award to somebody that's not gotten a lot of awards here during this NFL season, and it's yours right here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at n eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 3: It's a Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio. Brady Quinn, Jonas knox In for DP and the guys. Coming up in about twenty minutes from now, We're going to bring you something that we do on our show Monday through Friday, six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific. It's called Lee's Leftovers, and I've been told that this is one of the most important Lee's Leftovers with some of the greatest content that ever been done, and that I mean, I don't know. That's just why would this show be the one that Lee brings out all the stops?
Speaker 1: Lee in that right?
Speaker 3: Where are you telling me that during the break? That is what I say. Yes has advertising, So the pressure's on, and no doubt Lee's going to deliver the goods coming up here in like twenty minutes from now. So I can already tell you. I guarantee we're going to hear something about his fantasy team. I can already tell you that's gonna happen. That'll be that'll be the Keys over. No, this is the this is the final week, but final week, okay. What's interesting is that the Monday night game later on tonight, the Lions and the forty nine ers, it doesn't really mean anything to Detroit because next week's game against Minnesota is going to determine the one seed and the division. So if the Lions wanted to, I don't know if this is in their DNA, they could just sort of be like, eh, whatever, well, we'll play it safe here tonight and then you just focus on next week.
Speaker 5: Is that accurate though? Yeah? I was so sure too. Yeah, Well, because the only reason I ask is and again I'm just double checking this. The Lions are what thirteen and two right now? Yes?
Speaker 3: I mean so could they afford to lose this weekend? Next No, they can't lose next week. Next week's I must win regardless.
Speaker 5: But whatever they do the tiebreaker over the Vikings if they had the same record, right, So.
Speaker 3: Whatever they do tonight doesn't matter. Yeah, gotcha? Which would be like if you think about the Lions, what a great story all year, Like they could end up being a wild card team going on the road the ente after they ran rough shot over the NFC all.
Speaker 5: The bigger question is, if you're Dan Campbell, do you sit anyone? If this is a meaningless game, why play anyone? Yeah? Why not? Why not use this because you're because you're again you're putting it all on the line to try to get a buye then that first wildcard round. Yeah, so why would you play in this case? Jared Goff? Why risk that?
Speaker 3: I wouldn't. I wouldn't do it personally, and based on the luck they've had an injury this year, like I wouldn't, like I would just assume the worst. But it's Dan Campbell, I mean, like he's a wild man, like he'll he does weird stuff, like he'll he'll go for it when he maybe shouldn't go for it, you know, like he did in the NFC title game at San Francisco last year. So I don't I mean that, that would be my guess, like why even take the chance? But who knows. Maybe he looks at it and says, no, We're going to play how we play regardless of the situation. I don't know, but I'm not taking that chance. I would gear up for next week against Minnesota and try and get it done there. Which is what's kind of crazy about it is that it was just a couple of years ago that the Lions were featured in the final regular season game of the year and it was against Green Bay and what turned out to be Rogers' last game at lambeau Field as a Packer, and that wasn't the Lions weren't getting into the playoffs like Seattle had already clinched earlier, but they wanted to go out there and play hard in that game. And then two years later, they're playing final regular season game on Sunday night and they're doing it for a shot to be the one seed. In the NFC with home Field, like kind of a crazy turnaround for that organization and just the matter of a couple of years. So we'll see what Dan Campbell decides to do. Now, there's a lot of people out there that want to swim in the negative side of the pool, not us. All Right, We're not going to sit here and just pile on and be like, oh, you know, these teams are bad. So we decided, why don't we at least give an award out? I don't at least attach an award to this so at least people can feel good about things. And this is not like the Antonio Brown Awards that went on this weekend where he was handing out you know, Cracker the Year awards to.
Speaker 5: Various person Did you watch that? I did?
Speaker 3: I watched wine so bad.
Speaker 5: I wanted to win so bad. Well, maybe not that you would be on his radar for being the Cracker of the Year. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I felt like it fit the description, to be honest with you, at least one portion of it. Now, you got to actually do something important to get that award. Apparently I did not, But congratulations to everybody who did that, did win that Award over the Over the Weekend by Antonio Brown.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: Just the man X is a wild place to be man A lot going on there. That said, we decided, you know what, enough with this. It's a lot of bad teams in the NFL, but there are interesting at least. Well, who's the least interesting of them all? Like, if you've got to be bad, how bad are you going to be? Because we want you to also be uninteresting. So, Brady Quinn, do you want to go first? Because I have my least interesting team in the NFL Award already to go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got mine ready to go too. But I want to throw out a question to you. If I asked you, all right, you have to pick one division in each conference, Okay, which is the least entertaining or the one that you would like to watch the least which in both sides?
Speaker 3: Oh yeaheah yeah, listen, this is no longer just a well it's just the AFC.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: The NFC South has done their part, like they have done their part to provide mediocre football and a team that's most likely a one and done in the playoffs. Although I you know, I do like Baker Mayfield, and you know, that's a fun team to watch, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fun to watch, but again, everything out around them is very lax entertainment, not great, not great at all.
Speaker 3: So who's your least interesting team in the NFL?
Speaker 5: My least interesting team in the NFL. And maybe this is in part due to recent history. And I'm sure this fan base, which is one of the best fan bases I'm giving you a compliment, will definitely take issue with this. But it's the New Orleans Saints. And look, historically, if you look at this franchise outside of the really Sean Payton Drew Brees era, and really even that was kind of hit and miss, like they'd go on their runs of successful season playoff seasons. Obviously, we're all gonna go back and remember the loss and the conference championship, and I'm right there with you. It got stolen from you. The Rams had no business winning that game. That was one of the worst calls in the history, maybe the worst, maybe the worst outside of the tuck rule play, which has changed since then. And I think a lot of Raiders fans would agree, But even a lot of the haters of the Patriots would agree. Like that changed a lot of history. Still, that play in New Orleans for Drew Brees's legacy, for Sean Payton, that was one of the worst no calls in the history of the NFL, so much so they even created past interference as a challengeable play the following year. But it would be the Saints for me. Coming into the season, there was zero buzz, zero hype about this team and what this team could be. I've actually looked at this roster and always felt like it's been a roster that could should probably achieve at a higher rate than it has at least in recent years. And this is a year where it's just kind of like, look, I know Derek Carr has been out and rather has been in, but I just I look at the team and it's they're probably one of the least interesting teams to watch. And it's not even because they're so bad. It's almost like they live in this purgatory of like, yeah, they'll be competitive, but then they've kind of gone on a streak of losing in the end and it's just kind of is what it is, and it's just it's just not good. I mean, they've lost what four of the last five since the buy and they're probably gonna lose next week to Tampa, who's got to win in order to win the NFC South. So it would be the Saints for me, dog, it would be the Saints.
Speaker 3: They were two and zero at one point, you know, I don't know if anybody.
Speaker 5: Here, Yeah, and then they dropped what is it seventh straight?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Then was it was it? Uh Derek Carr that did the Michael Jackson after they scored against Dallas and everyone's like, oh man, this you know, the Saints, that's the team to watch. They're playing like the team from last year. And then and by the way, drumming opponents. I mean, one, we didn't know how bad Carolina was going to be this year. Now we're looking back on the most going, yeah that was.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you compared Carolina and the Saints now and granted, look and the Panthers beat him, but if you compared the two right now, you'd say Carolina is playing probably better football.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I would say. And also like the reason because there may be some people that go, well, how are the Panthers not your least interesting team?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: Bryce Shung's playing so much better, Like he's improved so much, and it does feel like there's at least some optimism there, which is surprising because I don't know that anybody thought that that was possible with David Tepper as the owner. Like, so yeah, I could. I could definitely see New Orleans being your pick, my pick for least interesting team in the NFL. And obviously we're gonna stick with the South. It's the Tennessee Titans. Okay, I don't get it. I just I don't get any of it at all. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 3: Not only do I not get the team. I don't get the uniforms. I don't get the color scheme. I don't get I swear to christ, I don't get any of it at all, and I never have. Like you've got to just just take the oilers, jerseys, I do whatever, like go back to the like whatever you want to do.
Speaker 6: Just like that.
Speaker 3: That was gold and man up and vanish like a fart in the wind for all of whatever you're rolling out nowadays. On top of that, the face of the franchise is Derrick Henry. You let him walk, and all he's done is solidify his Hall of Fame career in Baltimore. The other face of the franchise is Mike Rabel. You let him walk and moved on from him, and now he's the hottest coaching candidate there is. Quarterback feels like a mess. Will Levis doesn't seem like he's the answer. They've got an opportunity to have the number one pick and so at least there's some hope there. But as it stands right now, I don't get it, Like I don't understand how if you're a Titans fan, you're watching that team going, oh, this is this is a feel good moment for us, like, yeah, we feel great about this franchise, this organization. It just feels like they are, to your word, in purgatory and looking around for answers. And on top of that, when you think about where they were and the decision to move on from Vrabel, this report comes out from Tom Pella Sero this weekend that says the Titans are expected to retain Brian Callahan. Well they should. He gave him the highlight of the year, which was that speech when he told everybody to stick it when they talk about his team not playing hard a couple of weeks ago. Other than that, what do they got, Like, seriously, what do they have?
Speaker 5: And I think they stuck him with a quarterback that wasn't his draft pick. He knew taking the job, that he would go through this year and evaluating him. And now they put themselves in a position where if they want to go with a quarterback, they can go do that. But at least they have a better idea of what Will Levis is what he isn't despite whatever Pete Prisco thinks. That's part of it. I think the other thing when you look at their record so far this year, what's interesting is that they're three wins. Two of those wins could have come against playoff teams. I mean, the Dolphins still have a shot of making in the playoffs, which they were able to beat them in what Week four? I believe that was the game Will Levi Scot hurt, Mason Rudoff came in, Yeah, maybe bench at that point I can't quite recalling, and then Tua was out at that point, so full disclosure, it wasn't like the best version of Miami, but still they got to win and then the Texans they'd be we twelve. So it's it's kind of hard when you look at this team too, because there's times when you look at Sale they can be competitive and you see the foundation they're trying to build in Tennessee, but they're just not there yet and that seems rather obvious. But I'm with you, like I'm not sure about the uniforms shot that you took at them. I mean, what we want to go back to the oilers? Yes, okay, yeah, I mean those were pretty dope uniforms back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's it. I mean, it's not too much to ask. It's not like we're asking to reinvent everything. We're just telling you, like, hey, you did it better before, Like just go back to that. It's like these places that change their recipes for no reason, like why'd you do it? Like like stick with the goods.
Speaker 5: They very well could get their fourth winn of the season because Houston's already locked into a playoff spot and winning the division. Uh, that's where they're going to play in a week eighteen. So there's a good chance that I would imagine they're sitting out their players waiting to in resting and trying to get them healthy for the wildcard game.
Speaker 3: That would be my assumption, be wrong if you could let me ask you this, would you if you could swap out the Houston Texans for the Cincinnati Bengals as a playoffs would too?
Speaker 5: Yes, which again we're not there yet in the season. But if we really want to be honest with ourselves, and this is more of a conversation that's kind of born out of the issues with the college football playoff, is you would look at reseting once you get in the playoffs, like that's only fair when you look at a team that's kind of dragging along, and I think we look at both NFCAFC South winners it's kind of dragging along. We've seen teams in the past have a losing record will win their division so they get the host of home playoff game. Like there's elements of that that you're saying, Like, I get it. Obviously, you've got to figure this out in some way, and that's how the NFL is chosen to do it, and they put a priority in winning your division, But it doesn't really make a ton of sense then for the games outside of that, if they don't matter quite as much in the grand scheme of things.
Speaker 3: God, i'd love to see Cincinnati in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: I mean they put themselves in position, man, I mean the Colts knock themselves out. What they're lost to the Giants and what it's between Miami and Cincinnati at this point and Denver, Denver's gotta win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Denver and Kansas City's already going to arrest their starters, so Denver's gonna have an advantage there, so most likely Denver will get it. Which that that's still a good story and.
Speaker 5: Both it's a great story.
Speaker 3: Bonix has been fun to watch and that defense, you know.
Speaker 5: It's an interesting one again, not one like we just talked about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not at all, by the way. Uh, this is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio and it's brought to you by Maco. Still driving that trusty old ride. Keep it looking sharp with Mako from dense to faded paint. We've got you covered. Get a free estmate today. Uh oh, better get Maco. So coming up next here on The Dan Patrick Show with Brady Quinn Jonas Knox filling in for Dan and the guys, we are going to have a little something we do on our show during the course of the week. It's called Lee's Leftovers, and we've been promised an outstanding edition for you. Next on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and then the iHeartRadio app. Search fs R to listen live.
Speaker 3: Dan Patrick Show Fox Sports Radio. Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox in for Dan and the guys. So we will be back in our normal time. So I coming up tomorrow six am Eastern time, three o'clock Pacific here on Fox Sports Radio. That's where you can hear the show with us. Also LeVar Arrington, who you know, listen. We're hoping he's uh, he's gonna be okay and ready.
Speaker 5: To go speed man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's got a got a big game, big game to look forward to. You know, well, you're getting a sneaky man. I can't wait to openly root for Boise State, Like I.
Speaker 5: Can't wait to do that. Is that how tomorrow's show is gonna go? Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, why not? Just get just we'll figure out, like, just try and put the thread in, just figure out how how soon, how far into the show before he realizes that we're just trying to get him scared about that potential matchup against Boise State.
Speaker 5: But it seems like a relatively simple task. You stop Ashton genty, which is easier to than done, and Penn State advance as it moves on. Mhmm, well, I mean, who knows. We will we will see that. It is interesting though they are playing the Fiesta Bowl. You know, Boise has had some magical moments versus some college football blue bloods in the Fiesta Bal.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right, that was when uh what's his name?
Speaker 5: Proposal here is Zebranski, I'm a statue of liberty play.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, there's the the and by that, I think they're still together the proposal, Yeah, running back together.
Speaker 5: I mean, but you can't. You kind of can't break up after that. No, you know, no, not at all, because that's like your thing. Like most people are like, oh yeah, I remember, you're the guy who proposed after that touchdown to win it in the Fiesta Bowl. So you're like, yeah, but hey, you guys still together no or not? Like, oh, you know, it's like you can't can't rewrite the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's way too late for that. So uh yeah, we'll go well with them. By the way, me too, Actually, I'll be honest with that. I couldn't care less, but you know it is. It is Boise State, so that's hopefully they'll do some good things tomorrow. We can have some fun with LeVar about that as well too. By the way, if you've missed any of this show, you can't check out the podcast, Just search Dan Patrick or two Pros wherever you get your podcast. Be sure to also follow rate and review it again. Just search Dan Patrick or two Pros wherever get your podcast. You'll see this show posted right after we get off the air.
Speaker 1: These might smell a little fun, what sounds incredible, but they're still good time to find out what's left's Lee's Leftovers?
Speaker 3: All right, Lie, So what makes this the greatest edition of Lee's Leftovers ever that you were talking about during the break.
Speaker 8: Well, of course, it is Fantasy Championship weekend and it all comes down to Lions versus Niners. Tonight we talked a little bit about that. Not a lot to play for for maybe the teams, but a lot to play for for all the Fantasy Championship champions out there.
Speaker 5: Are you in your Fantasy Championship?
Speaker 4: I am in two out of my five leagues I am in the Championship?
Speaker 3: Are you really, junkie.
Speaker 5: That is incredible. I would not think that, based on on your conduct over the weekend that you wouldn't, like, forget to trade a guy, you know, start a guy, sit a guy something like. I would always think that there would be an issue with you on the weekends.
Speaker 4: No, not at all.
Speaker 8: I I button it up on the commissioner of one league. Unfortunately, I was in the championship and I've already lost Lee.
Speaker 3: Aren't you in a league with like that? It's like a ten person league and two of the ten have died, like you mean players or yeah? Like well yeah, like like two of the players, like two of the teams, like the guys running the teams have been dead for like three years and they just have it on auto pilots.
Speaker 8: Well Ton is in one of the leagues in the same thing's not dead. Yeah, yeah, he might as well be with how he runs his team.
Speaker 5: Hold on, hold on, you're telling me you were in a league where twenty percent of the participants are not a lot of participating and they're just auto drafting like it's someone else running their account is AI? Like what what do you mean?
Speaker 4: Well, my old man, he's basically non existent. Sometimes he's also still alive.
Speaker 5: Jee just killed off your dad and your best friend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, basically, well, I mean there's like a there's a better chance at John Wolke's booth winning that league than Todd. This is not happening. He doesn't like who's Todd? Like who does Todd half starting at quarterback?
Speaker 8: That's a good question. I stopped looking at his team. He starts well, basically because he takes my cheat sheet and drafts off of it. But then he doesn't manage the team.
Speaker 3: And this was the draft where you guys all got buckled this year, right oh yeah, oh yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 8: Unfortunately for me, I've already spent all the uh I'm bad that way. I spent all the the whole pot. So I just basically try to win so I don't have to pay out. Wait a second, what you spent the winnings already?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, it was Christmas.
Speaker 4: I needed to Lee.
Speaker 3: That's the buy in. That's not for your spending.
Speaker 4: Well, I gotta pay it out.
Speaker 3: I'll pay it out, so.
Speaker 5: Commissioner, I've ever heard.
Speaker 3: At a second.
Speaker 2: So those guys chipped in on the league.
Speaker 3: That was their fee, and you spent their fee. Yeah, It was a tough It was a tough buff why. I don't know. Sometimes I forget.
Speaker 4: Sometimes I forget. I just put it into the account, and then I forget and I spent it.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna compliment you on how being the commissioner of a fantasy league for like your buddies or people you know, is such a big deal and it speaks volumes so to who you are as a person, of what they think about you list this is so far from that, Lee.
Speaker 3: So you just spend their buying like it's your cash, and then hope that you win the league so that you don't actually have to pay out a pocket that.
Speaker 5: She does have a chance.
Speaker 8: I mean technically, yeah, I mean I gotta pay off a little bit, like it's second place, third place, but oh my god, I did get second place.
Speaker 4: I've already gotten crushed.
Speaker 3: You're like the guy who ran the AAF the ground. I wonder he was borrowing money from the NHL.
Speaker 4: It was tough, man.
Speaker 8: I had Jalen Hurts and he got you know, didn't play in the championship week, and then I picked up Anthony Richardson. He didn't play, so I was stuck with Rogers in one and Drake May in another league in the championship.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was tough.
Speaker 8: It looks bad. It looked like Drake May was going to be out like three plays into the game. Right, hold on, I've got to break this down further.
Speaker 5: When do you set your line up on like a Friday, because I don't trust you to remember on a Saturday or be coherent to actually put in a lineup or make something happen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well I probably do it like the week before. I actually start right away. I look, I always look a week ahead.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 5: So on Tuesday, you're a line upset and you're just going with it. You don't even pay attention to injury news.
Speaker 3: No, of course I do.
Speaker 8: I'm setting it all week long. I get up early, and I get up early Sundays.
Speaker 5: This is my days. I get up early.
Speaker 7: Lee.
Speaker 3: Let me ask you a question. Yeah, how often have you found yourself looking at the at your phone to change your lineup and you've had to keep one eye closed to be able to see straight on the screen. How many times is that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 8: Yeah, you always got to check and see the actives in actives Saturday night.
Speaker 4: The question every week Sunday morning, we got how many times.
Speaker 5: Have you had one foot on the ground, laying on the bed and one eye week?
Speaker 4: Seventeen seventeen times?
Speaker 5: Oh, you're picking the phone.
Speaker 2: You already spent the money.
Speaker 3: Oh man, you are such a scumbag.
Speaker 5: Did you have anything else? I mean? Was that it?
Speaker 4: That's a lot that I had a lot.
Speaker 3: But you know what else? But what else is it?
Speaker 6: Like? It?
Speaker 3: Give us a taste?
Speaker 8: Well, we got Rule of three completed itself. We have Greg Gumbled, Jimmy Carter and now Linda Lavin rip.
Speaker 5: Okay, birthdays not death sah birthdays.
Speaker 8: We got Lebron turning forty, Tigers forty nine, and Carson Wentz thirty two.
Speaker 3: All right, well done,