Speaker 1: All right, new episode today for a Friday. Welcome to it. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Thank you so much for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we made this one better because it's for Friday.
Speaker 3: Yes, or we mailed it in almost said sailed it in there it is. We're gonna do comments, let you talk, yes, and we're gonna maybe we shouldn't let me say this name. But se pipot Tom is saying something like that, said.
Speaker 1: They better have Brooke and Jeffrey on GTA six. I'm not about to steal those cars for.
Speaker 4: Somebody told me Rowando reminds them of the voice from g t A five.
Speaker 2: One of the radio person else, I was.
Speaker 1: Like, I hope we make it into GTA six.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert. They haven't approached us, and the game's almost doubt.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe they don't approach you.
Speaker 3: Maybe they just steal it and they know that they're so big that everyone will be excited and.
Speaker 2: Our lawyers could never beat their lawyers.
Speaker 1: There's no way radio would say no to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well do you I mean, well, I hope we hear a second date on g Yeah.
Speaker 3: Guy, if you were a game designer for GTA, this is your verbal Okay, yeah, u's our show. Okay, yeah, please, all right, well we're crossing our fingers. Let's get to the grand new episode right now.
Speaker 1: Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning, second date updates.
Speaker 5: We brought up this question on the show before It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Is it appropriate on a first date for a guy to bring flowers?
Speaker 1: Yes, if we've asked it before, we never got an answer.
Speaker 2: It was a little bit in the air.
Speaker 5: We aren't really sure, like if the guy wants to do that, can it just happen randomly unannounced? Should they have discussed the idea of flowers ahead of time? It's weird if she's less than a six our flowers even needed out.
Speaker 2: Those aren't my words. Those are from Jose's Twitter poll. Oh well, if you have a poll on there at least.
Speaker 5: But I only ask because our listener Jacob had a flower dilemma come up during his date. He wasn't quite sure how to handle it. But let's talk to him about it. Jacob, thank you for being here. First of all, we'll get to how flowers played into your dat in a second. But according to your email, it says you're newly single and back on the dating apps.
Speaker 4: Recently single, and I'm trying to go out on a lot of dates. I hope that doesn't sound like callous or whatever.
Speaker 1: But no, you're playing the numbers game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the wide net.
Speaker 4: But like apparently on the apps, people are just like ghosting more than ever, which is really annoying. And I'm like talking, like even if you choose a time and the place, they'll just not show.
Speaker 3: I just can't imagine being so disrespectful to someone.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's happened to a lot of guys, at least what we've heard. A lot of dudes come on the show and are saying that this is more and more frequent.
Speaker 1: Both just common courtesy. It shouldn't happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally. Yeah, we're with you unless you did something horrible, so go on, Yeah then.
Speaker 4: You deserve it.
Speaker 2: Keep going.
Speaker 1: You said a junk pick from the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then on her side? But sorry, ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 4: So that happened to me two days before I met Rochelle? Who is who I'm calling about?
Speaker 2: Okay, so why.
Speaker 1: Are you telling us about the ghosting two days before? When it did it?
Speaker 4: That will come into play Rochelle and I we met on the apps and she's super cute and we decided to meet up at an outdoor mall and she did show up.
Speaker 1: Oh we go, Oh wow, b for victory.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll hold back on that junk pick. How was it with you and Rachelle?
Speaker 4: It was good. I mean we walked around, we did some window I mean we did more like window shopping. We were gonna grab up my tea, but before we did, I realized that I left my cell phone in my car.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh man, Oh yeah, how did you realize before?
Speaker 1: Why steps without it? So?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: Why is that important?
Speaker 4: Well? I was like, do you mind if we go and grab it? So she's like yeah, sure, Okay.
Speaker 1: That'd be wild if she said no.
Speaker 2: It's like you're trying to lure me into the parking lot.
Speaker 4: And so I open up the passenger door and she sees that there's a bouquet of flowers on the seats.
Speaker 5: Wow, why he didn't say that?
Speaker 1: What were the flowers from?
Speaker 4: They were for that girl that goes to me two days before.
Speaker 1: Oh sad wilted flowers.
Speaker 4: The car flowers.
Speaker 2: So she sees those, Yes, they were not in the best shape. Oh god.
Speaker 4: They weren't completely like horrific, but it wasn't good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was okay.
Speaker 1: At least they were the cars. You could blame it, like, wow, it was really hot in here. No wait, did you try to give them to her at that point?
Speaker 4: Well, I didn't cry. She just kind of took it upon herself. She saw them, and she says, oh, my god, you're so sweet. And you know, as soon as she had that reaction, I'm like, yes, I am sweet.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna stop her down to be like, let me explain these were for another woman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you probably were excited then, right, Like, so she's excited absolutely.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, I'm not gonna lie. Was my proudest moment, but she was excited about it. I was like, awesome. So yeah, but we're walking around the mall at this point with these will to flowers and people are looking and it's like, what's going on with these two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're like, tell us where you got those, because we do not want to shop.
Speaker 5: The flower boyfriend of the year over here, my god.
Speaker 4: But overall she was really cool and she said she really appreciated the flowers. She gave me a kiss. Yeah, I mean, it wasn't like you know, yeah, it was a necking.
Speaker 3: Nineteen sixties are back in the chest.
Speaker 4: No, I didn't give her a I didn't give her my letter jacket either.
Speaker 5: But that's not a kiss. At the end of the day, that's a pretty good sign that things went well.
Speaker 2: You would kiss people even if things didn't go well.
Speaker 5: Is that what you're saying, Alexi, Yes, yes, you would have gone to third base with him, even with the weird.
Speaker 2: I married for two weeks. Well, maybe it's not as good as we all thought it was.
Speaker 1: Then I think it sounds sweet.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what's happened since the outdoor mall date?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Nothing. I mean, look, I told her when we said her goodbyes after the kiss, text me when you get home. She got home, she texted me, she sang me, and all signs seemed like things were going great.
Speaker 1: Have you asked her out again?
Speaker 4: Of course?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I haven't heard from her.
Speaker 1: Oh that's really weird. She sounds like a catch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying maybe she has other dates and they know.
Speaker 2: That's possible.
Speaker 5: We'll find out when we come back and try and get you your second date.
Speaker 2: Update with Rochelle, the wilted flower girl. Right after this hold on.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Second date updates running.
Speaker 5: A little bit late here, so just to quickly recap our listener, Jacob was ghosted by a woman two days before his date with a new lady named Rochelle, and when he forgot his phone in the car, they both went to go grab it, opened the passenger door and there on the front seat were some flowers not meant for Rochelle, but for the girl who knows showed on him two days prior. Yes, so they walked around the outdoor mall afterwards with some dead flowers in tow.
Speaker 1: Rochelle didn't know the difference. She thought it was for her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she ended up having a pretty good time and even got a kiss and a thank you text at the end of the night. But since then nothing, So Brooke, is there any chance that the half dead flowers play a.
Speaker 2: Role in him not getting another hangout? You think?
Speaker 3: I can't imagine, because she's the one that jumped to the assumption, like she saw him and was like, oh my.
Speaker 1: God, right, is that right?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah, she was super excited about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, maybe she's definitely allergic to this particular type of flower, and the reaction didn't happen till after the date.
Speaker 1: I didn't think that it's tragic.
Speaker 5: Trust me, I think of all the most worst case scenarios that could possibly happen.
Speaker 2: So we got you covered, Jacob.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey's anxiety is doing the work for you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but let's just call Rochelle and see if she picks up. Hopefully she has some answers for us.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You were going a dialer right now?
Speaker 6: Oho?
Speaker 2: Hey is this Rochelle? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 5: We're happy to hear that you're alive and well, and we need to inform you. You're on a radio show right now called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, by, good morning, Welcome to the show, Rochelle.
Speaker 4: Hi, Hey, what's this about.
Speaker 5: Yes, we are working specifically on a segment called the second Date Update.
Speaker 6: You heard one of those before, Okay, I think so?
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, so this is kind of fun.
Speaker 5: You get to be a part of one because one of our listeners wanted us to reach out to you to try and figure out why after going out one time, you haven't met up for a second time.
Speaker 1: Okay, and when he told us the story.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't know why either, but you guys sound like it was a great time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a connection scene there with a guy named Jacob.
Speaker 6: Oh, I don't I don't know if I should talk about that.
Speaker 4: That's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Really, Why Jacob that you went to the hot Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: He recapped the date for us. That's how this segment works.
Speaker 5: We hear about it, and then we call to try and figure out if there's a reason why you're not calling him back. Oh did he mess up on the date or afterwards or.
Speaker 1: How did he mess up with.
Speaker 5: Maybe he didn't and it's something going on in your life that's totally separate.
Speaker 2: But he's just completely in the dark.
Speaker 6: It's so weird, you guys, I don't know if I should talk about this.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, weird. That makes me want you to tell us so much more. I tell you, it's just one date that you went on. Like you can't hurt his feelings.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh yes, okay.
Speaker 6: So, like the dude itself was like really good, Like we had a nice time. He was a gentleman, he.
Speaker 4: Was really nice.
Speaker 6: But like after the date, I went out with my family for dinner, and my love life came up, and always if.
Speaker 2: You're single, they want to know are you married yet?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 6: So they were asking me how the date went and asked to see a picture. So I showed them his photo from the app and my aunt starts laughing and I was like what, and she goes, I know him?
Speaker 2: What your aunt knows Jacob.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they went out a little over a year ago.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be like, he's a Barisa, my favorite coffee shop situation.
Speaker 6: I would have loved that, but it's not.
Speaker 2: Wait, went out like went out one time or they dated.
Speaker 6: He went out like a handful of times, like four or five times, and he ended up like ending things with her because she started dating someone else, Like I guess a little bit seriously, he said that he.
Speaker 1: Was back on the app.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because he just got out of her relationship.
Speaker 1: I bet he has no idea.
Speaker 3: I would be mortified if I was coming out with someone's.
Speaker 1: Auntiece or nephew. Yeah. Yeah, the aunt was first. So yeah, you're right.
Speaker 5: So that's the reason. There's nothing that he did to like mess it up. He d well, No, I mean, yes, that's history.
Speaker 1: Though you gotta be worried.
Speaker 3: Your answer the same dating pool as you.
Speaker 5: Your aunt liked him enough to go out with him four or five times, that must mean she felt pretty strongly about him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's why it's really weird.
Speaker 5: Oh man, Oh yeah, well okay, I I hear what you're saying, and I understand the feelings are a little bit mixed. But why don't you wait till making a final decision until you talk to Jacob directly, because he is on the other line of this call, listening right.
Speaker 1: Now, probably in shock.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I'm really curious, Jacob, are you there?
Speaker 4: I am here.
Speaker 6: I was prepared for this.
Speaker 4: Uh, let's hear your voice again. Got okay, who's your aunt?
Speaker 6: Oh? Okay, well, she's my aunt, Kathy. Kathy is her name?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, you're Cavy niece. Oh my god. Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Talked about her.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: Is Kathy like way younger than your mom or dad? Yeah, that's what I'm hoping.
Speaker 6: She's in her like, very early forties, like she just turned forty one. Okay, I'm late twenties.
Speaker 1: So okay, it's not like a crazy gap.
Speaker 4: This is wild because I mean now I can totally see the.
Speaker 2: Resemblance and yeah, oh that's not that's not it.
Speaker 4: I mean, but that's why you're not calling me because I I dated your aunt for a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, it was one day maybe, but four or five we all know what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at least your aunt don't say anything bad about him? Yeah did she?
Speaker 6: I mean she said really nice things about him. It isn't just play this out in your head. If we were to continue, then you're going to see her at family function Like that's so bizarre that she would be having to hang out with someone you made out with.
Speaker 2: Brook goes to her family reunions and they go just fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just they're adults, Like, who cares who you made out with?
Speaker 2: Make it out better than what I thought it was going to be, honest, I.
Speaker 4: Mean we did a little bit more than that.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well.
Speaker 4: Up, look, Kathy is a classy lady, all right. She wouldn't bring anything up, I know, but I know now, and it's weird.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, not just you guys, the whole family that was at that dinner nose.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and imagine a year.
Speaker 3: And Kathy is the cool aunt, right, the same type of guys that you're dating, and she's the one that's If.
Speaker 5: It doesn't happen with Jacob, it's going to happen with the next dude you did. Hasn't Kathy been with.
Speaker 3: There's no chance of Kathy hitting on him at this point because she's already been there, done that.
Speaker 2: Exactly at the point competition.
Speaker 4: Look, listen, Kathy, I mean, I'm I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Oh god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: I'm sir, sorry that that came out. Obviously, get me wrong.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of emotions happening right now.
Speaker 4: Look, yes, that happened and the thing, but honestly, I want to go out with you. You know, I thought we had a really great time and obviously that's why we're here on this on the show. And yeah, I'm just really interested.
Speaker 6: I'm thank you. That's so nice and you are really nice.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna keep going with this momentum that you're saying right now, the energy.
Speaker 5: Ship gonna let going into this call. Did I think we were the type of show that would try to set up a woman with their aunt's ex boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm going in. I didn't, but now I'm full force going for it.
Speaker 5: We would love to send you on another date, Rochelle with Jacob and if you say yes, we would pay for it.
Speaker 3: I mean you obviously like him. You had a great time. How often do you meet a guy like that on the apps that not only shows up but shows up in a way that makes you feel good.
Speaker 2: And brings you flowers?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeahs super nice it is. My aunt even said that he was always a gentleman. But unfortunately, I just don't think I can get past the weird mess. Wow, my aunt Kathy is still single.
Speaker 4: If you want to get.
Speaker 1: Go back to.
Speaker 3: You did have a lot of great things to say about Kathy, so Jacob.
Speaker 2: But it sounds like it's a no from Rochelle.
Speaker 4: But Rochelle, if it's absolutely positively one percent no, then yeah, how an Kathy called me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel love happening. If everybody else says no, then sure I'll take up. That's the best Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: To get.
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's just admit.
Speaker 5: Was that a huge mistake that he accidentally called her by her aunt's name during the call?
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, yeah, for sure, we probably sound the same. He didn't realize totally.
Speaker 3: We said Aunt Kathy how many times because it's just kind of a fun name.
Speaker 1: To say it. Who doesn't have an Aunt Kathy mistake names all the time? It better kind of she remembers it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and at least it wasn't during intimate time, right, yes, silver lining and I'm not talking about Aunt Kathy's hair either, in her early forties.
Speaker 1: Jeff Gee, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that's when the hair starts, so I know how it works.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying it could have been worse, which we were adopting as the new slogan of our morning show, Jeff in the Morning, could have been way worse.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's false advertising. I don't know if it does get worse than some of the things that happen here.
Speaker 5: To find out how much worse it can get, go find our podcast Assbrooke and Jeffrey on Apple Iheartspotify, like and subscribe,