Speaker 1: Microsoft has a new competitor to the iPad, Netflix has a new automatic download feature, and earn an easy ten bucks at Amazon.
Speaker 2: What's going on? I'm Rich Demiro.
Speaker 1: This is Rich on Tech, kind of a grab bag of tech stories for you. Things have been kind of slow since the July fourth holiday, but some news is trickling in, and let's start with Microsoft. They've got a new competitor to the iPad and it's called the Surface Go. Now, if you're familiar with the Surface they've done.
Speaker 2: A lot with this lineup.
Speaker 1: It's basically their premiere computers that they're making now, which kind of started out as a tablet slash computer, but now.
Speaker 2: They have the Surface Laptop, They've got.
Speaker 1: The Surface Studio, which is a giant computer, and now they have the Surface Go. This is a combination tablet and computer and it starts at four hundred dollars. It has a ten in screen, plus you can add a pen or a keyboard in addition to the touch screen, so when you do that, the price is actually gonna jump up quite considerably, but it's.
Speaker 2: Still a pretty good deal.
Speaker 1: There's also a build and kickstands so it can stand up all by itself and The biggest difference between the Surface Go and the iPad is probably the ports that you get on it, because you do get a USB C port, which adds a lot of convenience, plus a headphone jack which the iPad has, and also a micro SD slot which is really good for adding additional memory, transferring information and stuff like that. The Microsoft Surface Go is in stores on August second.
Speaker 2: There will be two versions of this.
Speaker 1: One that runs Windows S which only lets you install apps inside the Windows Store, which pretty much everything that you need is in there at this point, but there will be a version also that runs the full Windows so you can install any app on all.
Speaker 2: Right, Moving on now to Netflix.
Speaker 1: They have a new feature that will automatically download the next episode of a show you're watching. It's called smart Downloads, and Android users are getting it first, starting right now.
Speaker 2: Once you turn on the Future, it will.
Speaker 1: Automatically download the next episode of a show that you're watching. So let's say you're binging a series, you finish one show on your phone. As long as you're on Wi Fi, we'll delete the show you just watched and it will automatically download the next show in the series. Apple users are going to get the feature later this year. And this is really interesting because we've seen now the progression of Netflix going from saying they would never let you download shows to now making it easier than ever to download shows. I think this makes life a lot easier for the casual Netflix viewer, which you know, if you watch a show, you set it up and next thing you know, you've got the next.
Speaker 2: One available to watch.
Speaker 1: But for someone like me, I'm going to go through and pretty much download all the shows in a series anyway, so I'm gonna have all my phone.
Speaker 2: But depending on how much storage you have, this can be really handy.
Speaker 1: Finally, today, Amazon has an easy way for you to earn a ten dollars credit for Prime Day.
Speaker 2: Which is happening next week.
Speaker 1: All you have to do is spend ten dollars this week at Whole Foods.
Speaker 2: So here's how it works.
Speaker 1: The promotion runs July eleventh through seventeenth. Basically, you have to be an Amazon Prime Member, You go into Whole Foods, you spend ten dollars in a single transaction, you scan your Prime code at checkout, and then you're going to get an automatic credit to use it Amazon on Prime Day, which is on Monday, July sixteenth, and it runs through a portion of the day on Tuesday July seventeenth.
Speaker 2: So if you haven't used your prime.
Speaker 1: Code yet, this is basically the QR code that Amazon assigns you. It's kind of like a phone number that you would use at a Raufs or something like that. You can find that in your Whole Foods app or your Amazon app. It does take a one time setup to do it, but otherwise it's pretty easy to find. And then once you do that, you can also link in your phone number as well. So if you just want to go to the checkout and use your phone number and not have them scan the prime code app, you can do that too. I've got all the details on my website on how to do that. It's richontech dot tv. You only have to do it once. I've already tried out my prime code inside the Whole food Store.
Speaker 2: It was very easy to use.
Speaker 1: They asked me at checkout, they scanned it on my phone, and I saved a dollar twenty five off my order, which was about ten percent off of whatever items were on sale. Thanks so much for listening, and if you like this podcast, please rate and review it.
Speaker 2: The Apple podcasts.
Speaker 1: I love reading the reviews. Many of them are positive, if not a majority, so thanks for that, and I do appreciate the support.
Speaker 2: I'm Rich Damiro.
Speaker 1: You can find links to everything I talk about at richon tech dot tv.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you real soon