Speaker 1: This episode of Busting with the Boys. The Boys is presented by Barstool Sports.
Speaker 2: M There's no way that was free bumb straight up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it was.
Speaker 2: It was a gluten free bumb.
Speaker 1: You can look at the receipt.
Speaker 2: Was it.
Speaker 1: Was this place?
Speaker 2: What was that place?
Speaker 1: Farm Burger?
Speaker 2: No free shout out, so farm burger though not burger, was delicious.
Speaker 1: It was so good, dude.
Speaker 2: That was so good.
Speaker 3: It was like five seconds min was gone.
Speaker 4: I got the half and half a couple of pictures to see how fast it was.
Speaker 5: When I when I, like first opened it up, I was a little disappointed about the like the appearance of it because it had like the sesame seed bun, which takes me with to mcdonald'sh thinks I'm automatically gonna.
Speaker 2: Get cancer right then and there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so, dude, when when I opened up that sandwich, the sesame seed came out, so I thought McDonald's not a fan of it.
Speaker 2: I bit into it. The burger was cooked perfectly.
Speaker 5: I'm the assuming medium rare, had a perfect amount of pink in the middle. Not a huge onion guy, but there were grilled onions at the bottom. I believe there were sauteed, and then before I even took a bite, tailor took a bite, but you gave me that sauce tog drizzle on top. I took that bite and it kind of just took it over the level to the next level for.
Speaker 1: Me overall, overall? What would you give it?
Speaker 2: Four point five?
Speaker 1: Dude? I agree?
Speaker 2: Can Alex tell us tell us your rating.
Speaker 4: I have to go all the way back, like this is deep memory now, because that was like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: To describe it and rate it.
Speaker 4: I mean I inhaled the thing, so I mean, I wasn't expecting to have to give a full rating of it.
Speaker 1: Are you It's over?
Speaker 4: It's over a four for sure, but I don't know if it's a four point five.
Speaker 1: Well give it a rating. You got to put your name on it. Four point three. I don't like it. I don't like it either.
Speaker 3: I was able to the four point five and the four.
Speaker 1: I don't like it either. I went in the middle.
Speaker 2: I thought, with the gluten free bun, you you rarely get a good gluten free you rarely get good gluten free.
Speaker 1: Bread, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And to make it a bun at a burger a commercial spot. Actually, I don't know if they're commercial local Sorry ry farm Berger. No free shoutouts, but a gluten free bun. I went half and half fifty pork fifty beef pasteurize you have pork. They said, pass you, No, I got you one hundred percent grass of beef.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, I got you.
Speaker 2: Walk off the bus stared, Oh my goodness. But so I went half and half. They have their little house sauce you put on top the caramelized onions. Saw the way you bite into it and the way, you know, everything kind of develops in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Easy there count pause, Yeah, good after taste, very refreshing. It feel it feels healthy. Yeah it does.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels real for sure.
Speaker 2: That's what your stomach when you swallow. Your stomach says, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I appreciate this both. Yeah, that's why I would. I would. I would give it. I give it a four point five.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, that's fucking perfect. Yeah. I was thinking the same thing.
Speaker 3: I feel left out now you should. You guys are on the same way.
Speaker 4: It's like I show up and it's like I get yelled after my four point three rating.
Speaker 5: But I mean not about It's not about whether we're mad or anything. It's just we just disagree.
Speaker 1: It's not right, wrong and different, just off.
Speaker 2: Should we teach him? No, we got to teach it anyway. I'm the young guy. I'm a rook here. Well I'm not a rook anymore.
Speaker 1: You are for you are? You are for three more games? Your rookie for three more game.
Speaker 5: Being a rookie is not that big of a deal. I feel like, correct me if I'm wrong, but it is. It's a big deal, but it's not hindsight, it's not a big deal. You're okay the whole time, but the whole time you're like, am I gonna be alright? Like Win's one that gonna lose his mind?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Reading Did you get code reddited this year?
Speaker 3: Code read?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So I never got.
Speaker 5: Code redded, but Brian Schwinkyan Twinki, he got code redded his rookie year. And apparently it's when the Vets take you and they like saran wrap you to the goal post and poor ketchum mustard all over you. Yeah, he seems got aggressive in Nashville before I rolled into town. That's like he's got pretty aggressive Yah, that's some hazing of the day.
Speaker 3: No code red for me, No, no real hazing at all.
Speaker 1: I had to sing.
Speaker 3: I mean hard Knocks was there, so we had to sing a song.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah you were on Hard Knocks.
Speaker 4: Yeah that was interesting. But no, I dedicated my song to Vontes and that didn't go well.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was because he didn't like it. I remember hearing that story.
Speaker 2: Why is that so?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean trying to like, you know, earn my stripe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I sure of like being an asshole fullback, like yeah, blocking all the way through whistles and Vontes is in your whatever year it is, so, I.
Speaker 2: Think he's been the league for about ten years play.
Speaker 3: So he was not having it with me.
Speaker 2: I think, hey, but to give the to give my man some credit. We were talking about that story and he was like, I knew, like, my only way to make this mark on the team, how I would have to stand out because there's a fullback on roster that the special teams coach loved that he brought from Dallas that they liked. And he was like, I knew the only way to kind of make my mark was to go after Vontes.
Speaker 5: Really I mean he dirtiest dude is the dirties doing in the league.
Speaker 2: He's unanimously Oh he's.
Speaker 1: Thick to like pause, he is like a heavy It was pause will pause?
Speaker 2: Is that what pause me?
Speaker 3: It means like hold up pause, think about what you just said.
Speaker 2: Oh I get it because he said he breaks.
Speaker 1: That thick wood multiple times. Yes, like he put in your mouth pause.
Speaker 2: Yo, dude, I still have a kid now. I want you slowly less cool.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised you you haven't. I didn't.
Speaker 2: I kind of just learned what bet was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to just that was a bit of the deal that pissed me off.
Speaker 2: What are we betting on?
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We want you want to go here together, Let's go hitch the ball game.
Speaker 1: Bet. Somebody text you I don't want to. I can't.
Speaker 2: Somebody would text me back like you say something like bet. I would respond like no, not fucking bet.
Speaker 5: Just tell me, okay, just say sure. So you sing what song did you seem to perfect?
Speaker 3: I sang uh, I don't even know.
Speaker 1: Right there, can't remember your song?
Speaker 4: I mean it was it was an old school song. It was like, uh, can you can you do it for us? Here's your rookie skit now, can't you're still a rookie. Yeah, let me look it up. Actually, if that's cool, it's that bad.
Speaker 2: So while you're looking that up.
Speaker 3: It was the Temptation, was it? It was a song by the Temptations.
Speaker 2: I know, figure it out and hey and start it and back you gotta sing a little bit rookie sit.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't like that.
Speaker 5: But okay, my my rookie year. I sang you have you seen the League? Have you seen the show of the League?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, the guy who's the stoner guy in that show, the guy in the League. You obviously don't watch it very much. I mean, he used to be a YouTube sensation.
Speaker 5: He's got a song called show Me Your Genitals, and that's the song I sang, show me your genitals, the genitals, what show me your genitals?
Speaker 2: Agenda tally yah.
Speaker 1: That one.
Speaker 2: But I refuse to you go hey, let him have his moment, beg and plead for your sympathy.
Speaker 3: I don't mind, cause you mean that much to me.
Speaker 1: Ain't too proud, too bad. And that's about how far I got.
Speaker 4: And you were like he was in the front row, and I was kind of like serenading him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was just staring at me like he didn't want to kill you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it was he did. I mean he was just staring daggers into me. And then it got really weird and then I just got off because I was obviously I can't sing, So that's about how it went.
Speaker 1: I respect it, though, dude, honestly, I I.
Speaker 5: Perfect is a wild card. Like that's like you kind of did like the jail thing there, Like you go to jail and you're like, who's the who's the who's the community badass here?
Speaker 4: I mean, you gotta fight that guy to get some street cars like fits like I can't even. It hurt every single time, but like it didn't matter because you're.
Speaker 2: Trying to make the squad in the NFL is probably the worst position.
Speaker 1: Ever, and having to fight for a roster.
Speaker 4: Undrafted fighting, it's just I mean, it was a gritty, gritty month, right dude.
Speaker 2: That's a greed that's just a greedy position in general.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was tough, but what was it.
Speaker 4: I don't think we had yea, we never really cases just we never really I mean by the time we'll got it.
Speaker 1: Was we were all spiders yeah, that was lovely, dude.
Speaker 2: It was just spiders all year.
Speaker 1: I mean on.
Speaker 2: Thursdays we would put the pat we would put uppers on. Really we would go Wednesdays. Wednesdays would be kind of like a jog through Thursdays we would do uppers and the Fridays is again like.
Speaker 4: A like just like a tempo day and run fits were always Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: That was like normal down and distance.
Speaker 4: So yeah, Thursdays when we had pads on, I was chilling, like I really seven on seven, Like I'd run a couple of flat routes maybe.
Speaker 2: Like catch the ball, get tagged out and move on.
Speaker 5: How crazy is the difference between like college practices and NFL practices.
Speaker 4: Like I was thinking the last practices I had was BUWL prep and Wisconsin Bowl prep is like you're padded fifteen practices, Like it is one hundred percent development.
Speaker 3: It's one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Not just Wisconsin. On's relaxed. Now, Okay, the boys banged the Nebraska.
Speaker 4: Okay, very fair, but that's that's what I was coming from. To the NFL was like we're only putting these pads on once a week. Yeah, team periods, you have to take advantage of that stuff though, Like because I'm used to being able to get thirty reps before you get like padded fits before you go.
Speaker 3: Out for game day. You get five and they're like, all right, good to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah you're good.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does for sure. And you just got to wake up Sunday ready to roll, like you can't.
Speaker 1: I mean you gotta.
Speaker 4: You gotta have the heat pad on the neck like I'm running ISO six times today, like we gotta go.
Speaker 2: He showed me. He showed me, like you pat patriots this year, No man next year in High Tower.
Speaker 1: The whole would suck dude, High Tower. He's the fucking would bro High Tower.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, hey that's right. Hey he ran through you that one time. No, you got him once? Who wasn't Who was it that came High Tower?
Speaker 1: But if.
Speaker 2: The way I saw it from my understanding, you were watching it on TV, that's true that you are both were probably Yeah, listen, then I'll just tell the story. Then listen, just tell the story. All get got We all get before you got him stop.
Speaker 5: The last podcast We Got I talked about getting got by Buddy from the Saints. Shout out to Davis, No free shoutout, dude, he did get my ass. I didn't see you, but then he got me, so you got me to win, all right? High Tower, I've met High Tower before.
Speaker 2: He's the boys is logan Ryan.
Speaker 5: I saw him at the draft weekend and we're like hanging out and he's a super nice dude.
Speaker 2: Like a really good guy. I'm pretty sure you wanted to come to test see. I don't know. I think he's from here.
Speaker 5: The fore of the first plays of the game and the divisional gaming gets to paid trips, We're running an outside zone and I'm looking and I'm like, I got a hand I'm basically putting a handout and running straight to him, and I.
Speaker 2: Was like, well, it's the playoffs here we go. Time to just do it.
Speaker 5: And I dude, I hit him and I'm not gonna lie. I kind of want it, like you know what you like? He went backwards and I kind of I got good. Oh I oh yes, I got in his face, Bakedons.
Speaker 2: I'm coming all day. I'm coming. I'm coming in your face all day.
Speaker 1: No pop, no pun, no, no fucking.
Speaker 5: I want to know what that meant. Back then, I would have said it like that, but I didn't know. Next time, same exact play call. Later in the game, same exact front. He's staring at me, but this time he knows.
Speaker 1: He knows the play is my is my mic off.
Speaker 2: That's how you interrupt a story, how you interrupt good stories.
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to this is the best part in our podcast to do well, and you fucking interrupt my ship.
Speaker 1: We were we.
Speaker 2: Were climbing, we were getting off. We were just see yup Jesus. So anyway, so dude, I see him, he sees me. We're looking at each other. I had advisor on this, and I'm like, maybe he doesn't see me. He definitely was seeing me, dude, So I run at him. He runs at me, and I hit. We both if you watch the play, like both of our arms fail.
Speaker 5: He goes backwards, though, Rogers no, because there's another one after this. Roger Saffled is absolutely dominating the man in front of him.
Speaker 2: We hit, he goes backwards.
Speaker 5: I get rolled up in the back of my legs and I get him and I'm laying on the ground and he's staring down at me and I'm looking up at him.
Speaker 2: I fucking got you twice. He's like he's looking at me like confused, like this guy's on the ground.
Speaker 3: I'm standing up.
Speaker 5: No, I got your two times two times fourth quarter games on the line.
Speaker 2: What do we do? I'll tell you what we do. We ran left because that's what you do.
Speaker 1: Let's go.
Speaker 5: If you want to be fucking great, run behind sevens and seven to six. And if Jack Conklan ever listens to this podcast, can be really mad.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 2: We joke about that all the time. I see him, he sees me.
Speaker 5: It's fucking game time, same play as the first two. I'm thinking to myself, Am I about to go three for three?
Speaker 2: I think I am? Right before the ball is snapped that three technique.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're a guest on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, I just ruined the story again.
Speaker 2: So we've jumped off the cliff twice.
Speaker 1: The pot's supposed to be about you, but we gotta Yeah, it's fine, we gotta do a little bit.
Speaker 2: So I'm looking at him. I'm two for two, no peanut gallery, I'm looking him in the fucking eyes, and I'm thinking I'm about to go three for three.
Speaker 5: The ball is about to be snapped. That three technique goes from three look I just said to a four. I now that changes my ball. He scheme a little because now I'm in a double.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: I wasn't a hand before, but now I'm in a double. So I go to double the guy. He gets up the ball. I get off the ball. I turn a little bit to side, all right. High Tower doesn't give a fuck that I turned to the side. He is barreling down and I hit him. I get hit. I get turned to the left, and I peek over my right shoulder and go, oh no, this is about to be in.
Speaker 5: And he comes and puts his jaw on his forehead under my jaw and shoots me about three four yards back, and I fall down.
Speaker 2: I spin around.
Speaker 5: I sit up and I lock eyes with Dennis Kelly, and I mouthed, he won that one.
Speaker 3: But you didn't say it out loud.
Speaker 2: No, no, I said it out loud. But my mouthed that he's far he's too far away play divisional game. I'm like, he won that one. And then it's just like this was getting warmed up. He thought I just got knocked out. Jokes on him.
Speaker 5: I was all right, did get of the two times which I did get High Tower the third one was way better than the first two, so technically he won that chess match. Realized the more did this podcast, I'm starting to realize I get got a lot and I don't. We've only talked about a couple of times. We've only done like six podcasts already this.
Speaker 2: Year, and unfortunately you go to the you brought the story up which was like, have you ever played the Patriots? Dante High Tower? Dontor high Tower brings that wood?
Speaker 1: Dude, No pause, no pause. No.
Speaker 4: The podcast technique is just forehead on the chin, like when you're in the host.
Speaker 2: That's what a fullback. I would go shoulder all the time. Dude, I'm not putting my eyes.
Speaker 3: Well, because if your head's up, I mean then you're.
Speaker 2: If I was.
Speaker 1: Fullbacks can't stop moving their legs.
Speaker 3: No, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: As soon as you stop your feet, you were just you're dead. You're dead. You're getting run over by anybody.
Speaker 2: Literally, anytime we'd be close to the goal line or anything we needed anything short and you go in.
Speaker 1: I back.
Speaker 2: God, I hope they just run right behind Ingold and uh incognito and Richie.
Speaker 1: Dude run right behind Richie Richie's house dude. He is a house bro.
Speaker 2: He is huge Richie. The crazy thing is Richie's so underrated athletic.
Speaker 3: He's so yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: He can, but he moves, he moves. He doesn't notice. It's post movement. It's when he's done. His head's tilted back. Yeah, his belly stinking out like his big body. He kind of just like Wattles Wattles. Yeah, he looks so athletic, but like he kills dudes. And he's what thirty six people he's re upped to thirty six. Yeah, they're good for him. I mean he's always in the he's always taking care of his boddd always.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's one of those guys that like, as a rookie when you have you don't have your plan yet, like you you're trying to watch the guys there are six seven, eight years and like that's one.
Speaker 1: Of the guys. He's like eighty years in right, and you're.
Speaker 4: Just like all right when they see show up, Like when when is he getting treatment?
Speaker 1: All that stuff? Yeah, Richie.
Speaker 5: Richie introduced me this woman named Anna Hartman who does like she comes to my house every Friday and Saturday dur in the season she runs Movement rev and she's based out of San Diego to know for shoutouts, and she comes to Nashville every week during the season Fridays and Saturdays, or Thursdays and Fridays if it's.
Speaker 2: An away game.
Speaker 5: And because I got her because of Richie, and she does the work she does is unbelievable.
Speaker 2: You will feel like a bag of dicks on a Friday.
Speaker 1: Pause, no pause, no podcast, Taylor doesn't pause. There's no awes.
Speaker 5: I don't pause. My wife's here, I got a kid. I had a perfect alibi.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I had the perfect alibi not to pause.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Anna comes in.
Speaker 5: You feel like a bag of dicks, no pause, and at the end of it, those dicks are gone. You feel amazing. It's a it's a it's a totally new feeling. Like she'll lift she does like these weird tests. She'll lift your legs and one leg will actually feel heavier than the other. At the end of it, you feel light as a feather, really, and you're moving.
Speaker 2: You feel great.
Speaker 1: She has a stud she's she worked on you before. Yeah, Yeah, she's awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm a big, big, big big fan of Anna.
Speaker 5: So back to your rookie year. We kind of went off on a little thing there. So you you sing, you sing the song by the Temptations, which very bad, but people just just so you know, next year when you were going through camp, probably two more guys are gonna seen that song. Okay, that and that what's remember the Titans song Ain't Mountain High Enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That song?
Speaker 2: Was that probably played this year? Yeah, yeah, when you're not strong. I did a mocking move. I just mocked like the coaches, kind of like I did the Veribel. That's why I did my rookie year. He the hell out of Rabel was.
Speaker 1: I crushed that one.
Speaker 2: I thought you were cut. The minute that happened, people were wondering if I should do it or not, Like I think, uh, was it West?
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's West. Somebody was like, man, I don't know if you should.
Speaker 2: Man, really, I've seen dudes like you know, they'll do it and then they'll get cut and.
Speaker 1: Then there's a there was you know, there was a bunch of guys like, oh, dude, you know he won't care. But he didn't care.
Speaker 2: He like text me later that night he was like, hey, good skip tonight, asshole, And I was like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, thanks for being a respect Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Rabel is good about taking it on the chin. Butl oh, he comes keeps that in the back of he puts that in a vault anytime he came.
Speaker 1: Anytime he came around me and you. It was kind of like, you know, we just sit.
Speaker 2: There was it was a dig measuring competition.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It was just like no puss. It was just fucking puff the chest out. Who's going to get the last comment? It nothing mattered about the first comment or the middle parts. It was over at the last comment.
Speaker 1: Sometimes because sometimes we'd have a comment, he'd leave and we back. Fuck ah, dude, yeah he got.
Speaker 2: Rabel is quick witted. He's quick witted individual. So you sang the song.
Speaker 5: Yes, was like I heard camp was Love with the Raiders. I heard it was like, well, I mean you were damn it, and this is how there's no way you would.
Speaker 1: I have no reference point.
Speaker 2: Here's what I heard. I heard. It was like not a very difficult camp, not a very physical camp.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean every day I showed up, I had like three heating packs on my back, So it was yeah, it was different. I'm yeah, it was physical for me.
Speaker 3: I don't know, dud was.
Speaker 4: I don't know what when to turn it on, when to turn it off right, Like I have to be on all like I don't have that, Like okay, this is this period, like we're just gonna you work on a technique here, like I didn't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's the best thing you can do in any situation is just turn it on and then have a coach that you.
Speaker 3: Turn it off right exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you when do you feel like you started getting Airyboy's attention, because again, dude, you're an undrafted cat behind somebody that they already liked, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was he was one of the boys. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think that there was one play there was blitz pick up and Carl Joseph came and like we we had just we just had a bad blitz pick up as running back group the day before, and so the defense is like pumped. They're like, yeah, we got we got y'all all right. Next day we show up and they throw me in and blitz pick up at running back and you know I did that in college and stuff, but I hadn't done any running back whatsoever. And Carl is like all pro like Blitzer, Oh yeah he Carl Joseph, he brings it and yeah, and you know, no, that's that Eric almost not been interrupting his story. But no, he came and he he tried to just run right through me, like you just try to run me over, the rookie that nobody really knows. And I was, you know, I got inside hands whatever and I ran him back into like you know, the group of guys that were you know, watching or whatever, because I was being an asshole like I had to smart and that that was the point where like you pull it up on tape the next day and it's like, okay.
Speaker 2: And You're just one of Gruden's grinders.
Speaker 1: Now I'm just like talk and talk about you. I mean there was there was definitely different times, but yeah, that was one of them.
Speaker 4: When talks about you, it gets you going, like you will you will do anything for that.
Speaker 1: Really he knows how to motivate is yeah.
Speaker 3: Like you just toss you a little bone there and you're just like you're ready to go.
Speaker 1: You know. It's it's crazy.
Speaker 2: The first week I was there, like any new guy that came, he had like, uh, you know how you do Saturdays the night before game and you know, he gives a speech and stuff like that, and then you run like.
Speaker 1: A highlight reel.
Speaker 2: Yep, and he'll have highlight reels of the guys who he just brings in. Do you remember what he had up for me? He had like some good play of mine. But then he brought up one. It was a Packers by They came up and I'm thinking, like.
Speaker 3: You don't remember this one again?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was like, what are you doing? The Packers game? You know?
Speaker 2: That was like good and uh, once the play started, it was the It was the play they gave it to a rip.
Speaker 1: Rifkowski is that he says day or he was playing running back.
Speaker 2: He's like a full back and it was like a power play and I had him right in the hole. I tackled him, but he like ran me over and to where, you know, because he liked jokes too. He's a big jokester and uh, he's a stud man. He's cool. I like big Gruden game. We're gonna hold that thought and get a small little bagg read a couple of ads. Before we read those ads, I hope you're preparing and about to have a very fun and responsible. Saint Patti's Day, shout out Saint Patty's theay no free shoutouts. Also, if you're rocking one of our t shirts that says SAT, shout out Saint Patty's Day, no free shoutouts. Or the for the fucking boys with the little leprekn doing a cake stand, take a picture, shout us out. We'll pub you, we'll talk back. But again, I hope you're being safe, Hope you have a lot of fun. Hope you slame a lot of beer. Now, someone that's for the fuckin boys is Black Buffalo. If you're over twenty one years and dip tobacco, this ad is for you.
Speaker 1: If you're not over twenty one, don't dip tobacco.
Speaker 2: Be responsible, little puff out there all right now, everyone at Barcels made the switch to Black Buffalo. Before I got on board, I wanted to send product to my dad and my brother. They fucking pound, They pound the tobacco, they pound the chewing. They are obsessed with Black Buffalo. They want more hookups, say will now that you're here, we need more of this stuff.
Speaker 1: So I got to send them a lot more product. But since they're on.
Speaker 2: Board with Black Buffalo. I am now on board with Black Buffalo. The boys are on board with Black Buffalo. It's everything you love about dipping, including pharmaceutical grade nicotine, just without the actual tobacco leafer stem. It's dip literally made of edible green leaves that you can find at a grocery store. Very simple list of ingredients so you never have to compromise with what's on the label. You're probably wondering who else you is black Buffalo. Well, the minor and major league ballplayers do. I'm sure they do a lot of other things, but this is in their toolbox. Pro footballs made the switch. Hockey players are making the switch. Coaches are making the switch. If you're in meetings and you gotta stay up, you don't want to chew actual tobacco and you need an alternative.
Speaker 1: Black Buffalo is that alternative.
Speaker 2: Also, Black Buffalo actively supports the military community mini dip during service and have made the switch to Black Buffalo as a tobacco alternative.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 2: Once again, keep the ritual, but ditch the tobacco. You go on their site black Buffalo dot com. They got two three or five packs. You can try the Big three pack, one of each straight mint and wintergreen long cut for fifteen.
Speaker 1: Dollars, as well as the Fab five pack, which.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna have to get my dad my bro one of each straight mint, winter green, peach in blood orange long cut for twenty five dollars. There's free shipping in the US. Also, not to just keep it exclusive to the US, they sell exclusively on their website to the UA in Canada.
Speaker 1: Shout out the Boys in Canada.
Speaker 2: Not that I don't I don't believe you get the free shipping like the US does, but you get to buy the product Black Buffalo dot com. Use promo code busting b U s si in at checkout for twenty percent off of your first order.
Speaker 1: That is, Black Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Dot com b U s si in at checkout twenty percent off. Shout out the boys at Black Buffalo for being for the boys all the free shoutouts in the world. Do you guys appreciate you? I had I brought my green grinder shirt when I went there. I never wore it though. I never wore it though, why did you wear it?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I didn't want to be like, you know, not everybody like knew me and stuff like that. You know what I mean. Yeah, I didn't want to seem like some dude who was trying to be like.
Speaker 4: Uh, I mean you still brought it though you personality you didn't really hide it.
Speaker 2: But I mean, but what yeah, right away because the boys the boys stuff. I always I always wore that someone knew of the busting with the boys.
Speaker 3: Do you know that I did not know.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go around saying the boys. I would. It's like people would start saying it to where I'm I mean, you.
Speaker 4: Were that hat for like a week straight and I had no idea what it was. Yeah, and then it like all of everyone hat the Yeah, everyone's like yeah you buy.
Speaker 2: It's like how much twenty four hours some guys would get them, and then you guys are like, hey, where's my hat?
Speaker 1: And it's like, listen, guys, I'm not gonna walk around and.
Speaker 2: Be like, hey, you know you brought a whole and that's eventually yeah, for sure, I think Yeah, towards the end of the year, I did.
Speaker 1: For sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna need to get reimbursed for that.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's telling that up. That's my bad real quick.
Speaker 5: You're telling me that will brought hats and gave free hats out ordered.
Speaker 4: The box as I think it was marketing the marketing agreements. Yeah, I think that's what we.
Speaker 1: Paid for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we paid for them. Hey, remember a conversation I like, I know, I want to let I'm gonna let you have your moment.
Speaker 1: But also remember the conversation where you're like, hey.
Speaker 2: Hey, any dollars you let me have my moment? Like hey, any You're like, hey, any anything we make, put back into business, put back into it, put back into it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean you guys, but you just you just you spent.
Speaker 2: That's anything we made. No, no, not spend. It's like, Yo, the boys want a hat. I'm getting the boys a hat.
Speaker 5: Hey, boss, make sure you get fifty three of everything we have for the Titans this year.
Speaker 2: It's okay, babe, I'm gonna need to get it reimbursed. For the freelo Wan shirts. What the fifty three of them? You don't want to know what happened? THO was freelaw Wan shirts.
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 5: So the freelom Wan shirts apparently showed up. They got the box. I said, hang Tennessee on it. Jeb opened the box and it said freelo wan and he brought it to somebody and they were like no Ah, They're like, we're not making this a thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow.
Speaker 2: Because I was thinking of my head, I was like, yo, well you got some one of the boys wore it.
Speaker 1: You got some of the boys some and then you were like, yo, let's go off fifty three.
Speaker 2: No, we were gonna do off fifty three. I wasn't.
Speaker 5: The Ryan was like, let's do off fifty three. I was like whatever, because my mind was like, what if nobody wears it?
Speaker 2: Right, nobody wore it. I was like, damn well because the OLM were like, yeah, yeah, we'll rocket and You're like, let's do off fifty three because it seems like people the guys, yeah damn.
Speaker 1: So nobody even got the scene.
Speaker 2: And all the boys were like, we would have worn it. We would have worn it. Oh you know, empty promises at that point, but it makes it feel good.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: So yeah, boss, make.
Speaker 1: Sure we get so sorry. Back back back to Alex.
Speaker 2: We're watching this is this is kind of how it goes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is, man.
Speaker 5: We just kind of subscribing with five stars. But I don't know why people listen to us.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. Why people so your rookie, your rookie year, you start going in your rookie year, Is there is there a turning point where you feel confident about being on the team the rest of the year. No, really, not even towards the end, dude. Dude, when I was there, you seem like you were having a great time.
Speaker 4: On the inside, I was like still panicked, Like I feel like that's just my personality though, Like I'm not a comfortable guy, Like I'm comfortable in Green Bay, Wisconsin, like in the snow, Like I'm not comfortable in Oakland, California playing for the Raiders, Like I was never comfortable there, just like and it's not the environment.
Speaker 3: Or anything like that. It was just like just how you are. That's just how I am.
Speaker 4: Like I wanted to I'm going through all of these phases of the first time these coaches are seeing me.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 4: I'm on edge the whole time, Like even this off season it's the first off season, like we're getting a lift in before this, Like yeah, that's just.
Speaker 2: I was like, listen, so you're not like combine trending anymore, Like, don't take everything so serious to where you're stressed, like thinking once you get done with mini camp, You're like, I only have six weeks to be like in such shape. Like it's not like you need to go peak performance and OTAs, like you're building your body all year long.
Speaker 1: Like, just don't put too much stress on yourself because I.
Speaker 4: Know you're going to right, I mean, and like you said, like I'd rather have it that way than the other way. But yeah, it's a whole balancing act I'm still figuring out.
Speaker 5: Actually support Like you should always work hard. That always should be a thing. You're like, now you can afford it. Your diet's important. Your diet's more important than your workouts. Like would you put in your body is more important? As I just had three super potato fries. Hey, so sup potato. That's true, complex card solid, But like the supplements you take, the diet you have, like those things just played just as big of a role, is right anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all you recover your sleep, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean sleep. Sleeps the hardest thing for me. It's the hardest thing for me to say.
Speaker 1: It's consistent on the I got you.
Speaker 2: But you guys are the first, Uh, they're the first ever rookie backfield of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like we started game one Monday Night football. It was like the first time ever fullback running back rookies started together.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, you got like what you got an alternate, right, I mean yeah, I was done a line, but you.
Speaker 3: Still Yeah, it's a Pro Bowl alternate or whatever.
Speaker 2: That's wicked, dude.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: There's like eight of us in the league now, so I mean.
Speaker 2: I know it's a dying bro, but you gotta make fullbacks great again.
Speaker 3: That's the that's the movement on the social media's the platforms.
Speaker 2: Trying to get the full backs going.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well it's like a little I mean, you reach out to guys like SHRM was probably one of the guys that I looked up to most when you played City. Yeah, and that was that was pretty cool, like reaching out to him.
Speaker 1: He's cool. Just feedback and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: But it isn't it crazy Like when you get to the league and you remember like being a little kid watching these giant dudes and now like you're in it and you still look here like how big these dudes are?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Also like the small like running backs, full backs that you're six foot, you're not by any stretching imagination.
Speaker 3: Big right, you're small, Especially.
Speaker 2: When you see the grown men in the league, like clay Is Campbell in person, You're like, oh, that's NFL player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean Derrick Henry as a running back. That's a grown of.
Speaker 2: Getting got Klays Campbell got me this year.
Speaker 1: Run away.
Speaker 2: You won't hear it.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 5: First off, the second time. So the first time we played Jackson ball was suspended. The second time we played jackson was at home, and like we ran like a duo play gap skin You guys run like probably every other play right and Yan I was pushing the pile and Yannick and dock Way shout out to you dog waiting no free shout outs hit me in the ribs like legit, like dirty shots. I was like, yo, was that you? And he like looked at me, He's like yeah. I was like, what's fucked man?
Speaker 1: Ready for that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Hey, you don't do that, Hey, don't, please don't.
Speaker 5: So like later in the game, we're dusting Jacksonville. Dude, Derek is going on yet again another fucking terror. Yeah, and we run like a play it's a screenplay where I get out and I try to get the corner. I get the corner, I think a j gets like ten fifteen yards and I turn to look and Klais Campbell lays me the fuck out.
Speaker 2: The play's over. He's been tackled.
Speaker 5: I'm turning around and I land on top of my head and that was it.
Speaker 1: We go out.
Speaker 2: I stayed in, believe it or not. I know you wouldn't believe that.
Speaker 4: Well, I got fined at Jacksonville. That's a big fine. When we played Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: That's how you got fined.
Speaker 3: I got fined, Yeah, offensive targeting.
Speaker 4: Offensive target right, there's no there's no flag on the play, and I got I got end up getting fined for lowering my head and I mean I dropped inside shoulder. You know that's a technique running on the sideline. M HM twenty eight, twenty eight kpiece twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Grand I said, you said they emailed you two weeks later because there wasn't a flag on the play.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So, like we're sitting in meetings, all of a sudden, I get an email, like you know, it's the whole formal, Like you know, you get fined and I I got it from my agent.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm sitting there.
Speaker 1: Like sweating probably like oh my god.
Speaker 4: Like and I brought up to my coaches and they're like, holy crap, like that is insane because no one like that was one of the plays that we were watching like okay, like you got the first down, like good job, and then all.
Speaker 1: Of a sudden, twenty eight grand oo.
Speaker 3: Right from the top rope.
Speaker 1: It hurt.
Speaker 2: And then you try, what did did Coach Greoon today? The coaches try to do anything for you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Coach Groon was awesome. I mean everyone was supportive. I think, you know, just being a rookie. I mean he called and you know, he stated his claim, tried to you know, help me out as much as he could so and we will see what happened.
Speaker 3: But my last game check was like five hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Really yeah that sucks man. So did you get to plead your case at all?
Speaker 1: Or yeah?
Speaker 4: I got on the appeal and stuff. So I mean I said, I said my piece, and you.
Speaker 1: Know it's it is walk through how that works.
Speaker 4: So basically, you know you get so I got that letter and you you schedule an appeal, so you get the NFLPA, the agent, you get on your side of the table. Basically, over the phone, and then the NFL has some representatives that are listening on to the call. They'll read you what happened. You know, you get a visual of the play. You know what rule you broke, and you basically just I mean you say whether you thought you broke.
Speaker 3: The rule or not, and like it's what you say.
Speaker 1: What I mean?
Speaker 4: I was just like, you know, this is a technique that I think, you know, is I'm trying to get a first down, Like I'm a I'm a rookie. Is I get three, four or five catches this year? What like something like that? When I get the ball, I'm going to try and like run someone over. I'm not running away from anybody. I'm not fast enough.
Speaker 1: So I mean four eight nine.
Speaker 4: Solid, that's I mean, yeah, right, No, what's the speed rating in Madden is just brutal. Yeah, it's like honest, it's like you're gonna get caught by anybody on defense.
Speaker 3: Like de tackles.
Speaker 1: It does not matter. You know, you're getting hawked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what they say after you pleaded your case, they're just like, uh, you know.
Speaker 4: They know, so they you know, they go back and they review everything and they take they take you know, what you went through and what you said and you know as a whole part of it. But at the end of the day, you did break a rule, right, So it's like kind of gotta you know, pay the reaper.
Speaker 1: That sucks, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's occupational hazard though for sure. Fullback is like it's like, okay, do you want your guys to do you want to inspire the guys on the sideline like you're running some like running hard finishing a play.
Speaker 3: You don't want to run out of bounds as a fullback.
Speaker 2: So it's you you can't you can't do it.
Speaker 1: Can't do it. Make fullbacks great again, dude.
Speaker 3: So it's an occupation.
Speaker 2: What sucks is too, is it doesn't really matter like your payscale, Like it's like an across the board, like if say Taylor is the running back and was targeting, it'd be twenty eight grand.
Speaker 5: But you can get fined up to ten percent of your salary that year.
Speaker 1: I think, oh really, it was.
Speaker 2: Like a number, like you can only get fined like ten percent of something.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Staying corrected, there we go.
Speaker 2: Before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I probably got brought down to that point.
Speaker 2: That's tough.
Speaker 1: That is tough and you're a rookie too.
Speaker 2: Like I remember the one of our coaches messed with me because I was late to a meeting and I was like crucifying myself because I finally made the team.
Speaker 1: It was my second year. I finally made the team.
Speaker 2: And then that first week I missed like a pre meeting meeting and I was like so hard on myself mentally about it, like I couldn't even focus in meetings, And my coach told me that they were going to find me ten grand unless I had two special team tackles that week, and I was still like, you know, it was one of my first checks, and I was like, oh my god, like I can't believe this is happening to me. And then like at practice, they like they're like, hey, dude, you're being way too hard, Like we're just kidding about finding You're not.
Speaker 4: That's all you think about for until you go through the appeal. Like that was week fifteen. I think we lost to Jacksonville or whatever that play happened. The last two weeks, all I'm thinking about is like not hitting someone in my head, like or at least my face right right right, right right right.
Speaker 5: But it's a little different from like college. Like college, you get in trouble yourself a six am workout, a couple yeah, yeah, gosh, kind of tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah did. I used to do rolls every day my rookie year or freshman year.
Speaker 1: Fuck up your stomach home, No, I would crush those things.
Speaker 2: The plate, the plate you roll on the ground like.
Speaker 1: Is no problem and it wouldn't mess up yourself.
Speaker 5: I keep my eyes in the hash and I just keep going, Wow, you got to get five in your head, dude and be like, I'm just on.
Speaker 1: A carnival ride. This is what we're doing. That's impressive, dude.
Speaker 2: We had the three hundred for like having a dirty locker room, and they would they were sitting cones all over.
Speaker 1: The entire team was out there rolling, Dopson.
Speaker 2: We're out there rolling and there's they're putting cones everywhere there that there was puke and.
Speaker 1: So you're like having to go sideways. It was a yeah, they were so pissed off right over that throw.
Speaker 2: Yeah you wouldn't.
Speaker 5: I mean Matt drills, what was like Wiscon's like winter winter conditioning.
Speaker 2: Six am.
Speaker 4: Get us how It's like, yeah, so if you're if you're in the morning group. We called them functional Fridays and they did the f U N like it's fun Functional Fridays, and it's basically yeah, no, there's there was stations. There's like fifteen stations you just rotate through and it's all like functional movements and it's all competition. But I mean when you first walk in that door and you see the indoor all set up for you, and you're just like, okay, those cones look scary that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: Okay, how many there's two outdoors exactly? Or how do you think we'll go through three times?
Speaker 3: And then you get that next group coming in and you're like, just.
Speaker 1: Like, how to go?
Speaker 2: I wasn't Yeah, it's tough, And then you got those those hearts are like, oh, wasn't that bad?
Speaker 1: It's like just just at least tell me like real way.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it was that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: Trash can.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had tower, we had to do twer fights. We had to do like tire fights where you would hold tire and I would hold a tire so we can get it five yards?
Speaker 2: How that would they go for me?
Speaker 1: You crush it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I think I was like honestly, five hundred some people just wanted it more. Or when you get when you get the tight compact guys, they can kind of go to the ground and make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, make it dirty, Yeah, make it dirty.
Speaker 5: The towel thing kind of pissed me off, like it's a I don't know, I never understood the concept of that in football, Like why am I fighting over at tire?
Speaker 1: And when you got when you got that in your mind that you're like this is stupid.
Speaker 5: You're like you've already like you're like you've lost the backge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why college like college conditioning sucks, Like they don't give they're not trying to keep you for ten years. Like we got this guy for for three to five years, and we got to make him toughest ship and develop him as strong as he rains.
Speaker 5: Waterboard these kids and make sure they are fucking up, dude. My first workout at the University of Michigan, no free shoutouts, Mike Barless. We fucking we did a hypercha few workout, like three sets of twelve everything the whole complex with squat, paw, squad, with squad pause bench. Then we had to do this like plyometric station, latic acid build up my legs so much, I'm not joking, full body cramp. We had to go run after this and Mike Barrows anybody's ever heard him, He had a TV show. He's got like he sounds like he's choosing glass. And he comes up, straddles me one foot on both sides, peace in my face, bends over.
Speaker 2: And goes, welcome to Michigan. How do you like my dick in your mouth?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Yep, it has just enough time to say pause.
Speaker 1: Time.
Speaker 2: But dude, it was. It was that bad.
Speaker 5: It was like but it was every single day, like like because we were in there, we were like a spread with rich Rodriguez.
Speaker 2: Like the running we had to do was.
Speaker 5: Stupid, like we like, yeah, one run for us on a Monday would be around the field twice and then we'll do two of those, run the field once, do three of those.
Speaker 2: Do like eight one tens.
Speaker 1: See when it.
Speaker 5: Forties and a three hundred. Oops, that's the kind of ship that fucking would happen. Dude, college is brutal, and he gets college now and like some dudes like not even running at otash so you't the NFL.
Speaker 2: And like, oh yeah, I don't even run. Like when when you see the Vets like taking off and you're just you're a rookie and you're what they Yeah, they're trying to commit suicide right now. The world this strength coach is about the motherfucked the ship out coach, Hey, have a good have a good weekend. Guys. Coaches says you, hey, don't follow the vets, and they still am f the rookies like, guys, hey, if you learn anything, don't follow, don't do what the vets do.
Speaker 1: If you want to stay on this team, that'd be kind.
Speaker 5: Of Meanwhile, there's some like ten year eight time pro bowler he's doing the same ship.
Speaker 2: You're like, yeah, I'm gonnaollow that guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm gonna do whatever that guy does. That was Ryan Carrigan, was it? Yeah, dude, dude, it's a hoss. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ryan Kerrigan was a house that Purdue. Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty terrible. Dude literally eats the same thing like every day. His regimen's the same. He stretches for like hours after practice. He's a savage. I remember walking in We're in mid season and he's like Bulgarian split squad where he's guy's leg kicked up on the back so he's single leg squatting. He's got three plates on each side on the bar, Like, yo, what in the fuck. He barely do that with two legs. He's out there doing it with one and he just looks like, you know, he looks like a gladiator. Pause So is that was that a pause worthy? It's like, yeah, he looks like a gladiator with the shirt off. Pause right, Like there you go, that's where you pause it. And there's something beautiful about a well.
Speaker 1: And shaped man, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pause.
Speaker 5: There's some things you walk in the locker room and you're just like a Cameron Wick shouts camera waiting, no free shouts.
Speaker 2: Yo, dude, sculpted man is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: No pause.
Speaker 5: I get mad at him. I telt him put a T shirt on every Friday we do fat on Friday. I take my shirt off because it keeps me accountable, you know what I'm saying. And I'm like, you better eat right five days, six days, you gotta do it again.
Speaker 2: And I'll go in there like tarps off. Boys, we're doing tarps off.
Speaker 3: Sorry, another that was about to have what the fun was that juice?
Speaker 2: We're going who apologies, how almost long we got this podcast? I'm fucking doumb What were we saying exactly? Oh, there's something tarps off, tarps off, fat on Friday off tarps off.
Speaker 5: I was little, remember Anyway, I would tell Cam not to take your shirt off, and he always would, and it'd be very embarrassing for everybody, including myself. The same with John Who Yeah, John John. Johnny would walk in with his deep ast hey weight rooms free. All right, okay, I'll be in there fucking stuff.
Speaker 2: Asked Johnny about Hey, make can you go work out somewhere else? Like I'm trying to feel good about myself?
Speaker 1: I can't. You know?
Speaker 2: Carrigan is a study. He's so strong.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The reason we brought Carrigan up again that Alex is showing a video of him now shot free shoutouts, no free shoutouts. He when we played him. My Rechard freshman year, my regard.
Speaker 5: Freshman year at Michigan was the most ridiculous year for defense events. There was like there was Cameron Hayward with this guy Ryan Kerrigan, like Buchanan from Illinois, Merless Whitney, merciless, J. J. Watt, Adrian Claiborne. All these were first round picks. Oh yeah, was my Rechard freshman year and we played perdue and our right title gave up like two sacks. He got benched. They put a differently, they put the backup guy in first play, gives up a sack, put the right the starting guy back in.
Speaker 2: Immediately he was I was like, please, Dodg, do you not come over here?
Speaker 1: Got a young buck be terrifying.
Speaker 2: And since the theme is Saint Patrick's Day, with Saint Patty's Day being tomorrow, we're gonna shout out the boys at dhm dtox Sat patt again. Saint Patty's Day tomorrow, March madness was gonna kick off. Not anymore. We're probably quarantine. We're probably simulating two K games out there, doing tournaments, finding all different types of ways to make bets. Slam beer as always, but prepare yourselves, your body, your liver so you can make it work the next day. Listen, I am geared up. I have these pills DHM d talks ready to go because I can't wait to put my liver in a straight compromise for Saint Patty's a Because number one, I'm for the boys, number two. You might have to find a different a different thing without march madness. I have an idea. You watch Busting with the Boys, you you take a drink every anytime you hear the boys, anytime you hear the word boys.
Speaker 1: That's the drinking game.
Speaker 2: Now picture this, you're crushing beers. You pick the nice, you pick the nice episode to watch, and every time the boys get said you take a drink, it's oh, it's whatever episode Lane John's episode. Ali can go this this episode you listen to you right now, Ali can go pick an episode whenever the boys gets said, you take a drink. You're able to make it work. You're able to make it work. And life is amazing. Are you tired of your hangovers that you get? You deserve to enjoy some drinks in the evening without feeling awful the next day. Dhmd tox is a vitamin for people who enjoy alcohol. That's us because for the boys, it's Saint Patrick's Day, it's Busting with the Boys, drinking games. It's quarantined at the house, and we're watching Busting with the Boys, and we're listening to Busting with the Boys.
Speaker 1: Is all of it?
Speaker 2: Celebrate without next day, nausea, brain fog, anxiety, or headaches. Dhmdtox use just science to help boost your body's natural response to alcohol. It's an optimized blend of natural ingredients, antioxidants and vitamins. What I need as an athlete who loves to enjoy beverage every now and then. DHMD tox is the way to go. Just take two capsules after your first couple of drinks, not before, and it goes to work. Double up and take another packet. If you're having a big night again we say the boys a lot. I can see this drinking, this shrinking game getting out of hand. You're watching Busts with boys or Quarantine at the house, you get a few people over. It's also Saint Patty's Day, so who knows if you're out about.
Speaker 1: In the public.
Speaker 2: But if you know the night's gonna be long, you double up and you take another packet after having a big day. The convenient packets are easy to take with you anywhere, whether you're on the go, traveling, or watching I will say it's you know, I'm supposed to say watching the game, but obviously we're not watching any games right now. It's again, it's two KSE simulations. It's bustling with the boys drinking games, or it's Saint Patty's Day out in public somewhere. We probably can't go out in public, but we're still gonna go out. We're still gonna do something for Saint Patty's Day. Because we're for the boys.
Speaker 1: It's now a key part of the drinking game routine.
Speaker 2: No days wasted after drinking because you're ready to go because d H empty Tox.
Speaker 1: Has got you back.
Speaker 2: Because they're for the boys, don't forget to also obviously drink some water and get some sleep for optimal results. We love to stay optimal. But also if you're on a bender, then you gotta do what you gotta do. How important is your next day? For just a couple of dollars, you can wake up feeling fine after not out of drinking or a day out, you know how it is. Also, there's free shipping on all all orders in the US. Shout out the boys in the US that are about to get free shipping. DHM dtox is a risk free purchase, so if you aren't so, if you aren't satisfied after taking the product, they'll give you your money back.
Speaker 1: Guaranteed.
Speaker 2: This is a no brainer because again we're for the boys, that we're protecting the boys out there. We've got you twenty percent off your order. Just head over to dhmdtox dot com and use promo code busting at checkout. That's d HM d E t o x dot com. If you have any questions, send a message to DHM d TX on Instagram. Shout out the boys at DHM you're for the boys or for you.
Speaker 1: We love it.
Speaker 2: It's boys helping boys on Saint Patty's Day. Stay safe out there, quarantine if you have like, everyone stay safe. We're on high alert. We're drinking beers, we're having fun, but also we're also defeating Corona at the same sign. Defeat the Corona. Maybe slam some Corona, who fucking knows. But everybody lay low out there. Have a safe and responsible Saint Patty's Day. Enjoy the rest of the episode. Did you did you ever have like a high tower moment, one of those moments with anybody?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I don't. There was so many like times where you just.
Speaker 4: He looks like sculpted up, like inside linebacker, and it's like he hits you so hard and like you just hold on.
Speaker 1: You feel like you lost in one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: But I mean at the same time, you're throwing it in there every time, regardless, you're throwing it in there and uh no, he there's times where you definitely you get hit so hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's just like how close are you and Josh Jacobs.
Speaker 3: I think we're really close.
Speaker 4: I think it's a you know, it's a good, good relationship that we're starting. Like I was, I was talking earlier about you know, training camp every day, me Josh running back coach, walk in the field every day, talking just about life, what we got to work on, you know, skill sets. We walk every day every game day before the game, getting on the same page. So I think we definitely like laid a foundation for something that is hopefully going to be long term in the backfield.
Speaker 1: How important do they want that relationship to be?
Speaker 2: You were talking earlier, like they were saying, what was the comment that they made the both of you?
Speaker 4: They said, yeah, it's it's like it's something where if you want to be great, if you want to be like Emmitt Smith, Moose Johnston, like you gotta you gotta have your families together, you gotta hang out in the off season.
Speaker 1: You gotta be on the same wavelength like all the time.
Speaker 4: So I think that's something where like we're going down to Miami and hopefully, you know, he wins Offensive Rookie of the Year, like I'll be able to be there.
Speaker 1: Share their helment with him. So yeah, yeah, no, I think it is out of those two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they say Cayler Murray is number three two, right, He's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, it's those three are the finalists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are the finals, but it's definitely out of it's like a finish.
Speaker 4: It's shoulder, right, So it's yeah, that dude is a yo. When he cracked his shoulder at Lambeau and like, so nobody knows that he cracks his shoulder, right, Yeah, and he just comes out like you know, he he's out two series and he comes back and runs for like one fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cracked shoulder. Bro, Like wouldn't practice all week long, could barely like.
Speaker 1: He was in a sling. Yeah, he was in a sling.
Speaker 4: And then he'd just show up game day and run for one eighty.
Speaker 1: Shoot him up and he'd be in.
Speaker 4: He did not practice all week and then he would just slowly but surely was able to get his legs going and just and.
Speaker 2: After the game with being like tears because of how much pain he was in really and the like even when we're in the tubs and you're you're just kind of like hey man, you know, like well yeah, not in his lane, but yeah you'd be in touching bout yo.
Speaker 1: How bad is your shoulder? Like bag bro, I can like barely lift my ship? Yeah, no, he was.
Speaker 4: He was tough, and like when they when they wouldn't let him play, like a couple of those weeks where they kind of rested him and then let him play again later, Like he was bawling in the locker room.
Speaker 3: He wanted to play so bad.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Like that I love football, like.
Speaker 4: He he is like unbelievable, Like he was like shaking because he wanted to play so badly.
Speaker 2: It was like one of the games it was like it was gonna be a deciding factor, like if we're gonna what was it was?
Speaker 1: It was it maybe the Titans.
Speaker 2: I know he didn't play against us. It was one where he was trying to play like it was the plan and he like he was like in tears because he just couldn't.
Speaker 1: Couldn't get rehab. He couldn't get it going.
Speaker 2: He's like a surgery for the no.
Speaker 3: So it was like something where you don't need surgery, just rested.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a crack.
Speaker 2: Dang, that's brutal.
Speaker 1: But that dude is a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's so he's so quick it is unbelievable. You watch his highlight tape.
Speaker 2: It's like he'll be good for a long time. Yeah, I'll tell you what the boys black form. Right, I'm a big I'm a big fan package. Dude, I'm a big fan of that. After you told me. I don't know him at all, obviously, but I want EDJ. Brown to win Rookie of the Year, no question. Yeah, he finished. He finished so strong.
Speaker 5: He got strong hands literally like as an like on the offensive line, Like anytime we would feel like a like a strike or like a short intermediate route to him, we'll be like, oh, he's going house.
Speaker 1: Well he crushed. He crushed us twice, I think, dude.
Speaker 2: He he ninety nine yard pass against y'all and just pulled away from dudes, he's his shoulders, his shoulders are wider than mine.
Speaker 5: Like he's he's a dude. He's a broad dude, and he he's got the mentality like he doesn't give a fuck, Like love that. He he said something like I was sitting with Ryan Tannehill and he said something like quarterbacks don't matter. Then he's gonna get the ball over here, we'll do everything else.
Speaker 1: That's what he said him.
Speaker 2: I was like, Yo, this dude's a cheat. He's like, I just got me the ball, I'm gonna I'm gonna take it. And then when he got he got a quarterback, don't He's like, get me the But then he had a dope catch and he sitting like a catch like like the probably you know, like they do like next gen stats, like the probability was like less less than three, and he taught that thing.
Speaker 5: I was like, you needed a quarterback for that one, didn't you. But he ended up like he was like close to one thousand. He was like sixty one yards away from a thousand that last game. Yeah, he's a base In that same game he got that and Derreck Henry was like one hundred and seventy three yards behind the rushing title and got that.
Speaker 2: That was a big game for both of the Yeah. Remember when Blatanikoff spoke to us. Yeah, big, he's you know, Blitticoll. He's got the Blatinkoff Award for College for receiver. He was a wide receiver, but he played for the Raiders his whole career. Right, he spoke to us savage speech by the way, unbelievable shout out Blatankov. No free shotouts but there was one. Remember he was like, uh, you know he would He would be so in the zone catching catching balls and stuff like that. He would come to the sideline the way he talked about the vast he'd say, hey, anybody.
Speaker 1: Else wants some of this pussy out here? Like the most avid ship. The dude's old as hell. No one giving us a speech, and holy.
Speaker 4: He's like, I sacrifice like everything for football. He's like yeah, everything really And it was like it gets you going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said he would like talk ship, you know, call guys pussies. And then right from him, like when he'd catch the ball on him, he'd look at his sideline and be like, hey, who else was some of this pussy out here?
Speaker 1: You guys can have all you.
Speaker 6: Want, yo, what a savvy Yes Florida state boy, yeahs I wish what to get him on here, sit right there.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can handle being in this bustle.
Speaker 1: Oh he's a he's a cool dude.
Speaker 3: He's really cool, and he's always around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was always around hanging out.
Speaker 4: That's that was cool when we were winning, like seeing all the Raider legends showing up, that was.
Speaker 2: There was a second where you guys were like the hottest team in the league.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we had one, he said, so many rookies though, that wall was gonna head a venturely here we go.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, that's just it.
Speaker 5: That's what it is, right, It's not a disrespectful thing. I think the Raiders have a great team. They have a great franchise. I think you guys are one of those teams that are just gonna do this. You know, I'm saying, but when you have how many rookies you guys have started on.
Speaker 1: We had, there's a there's a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean eleven playing, yeah.
Speaker 2: Eleven playing, which is only twenty. Yeah, you know, we laid that egg against the Jets and that's what that started. And you gotta fly from coast to coast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, shouts no Wi Fi, no Wi Fi. Crosby problems Crosby.
Speaker 2: He doesn't get defensive rookie year though.
Speaker 3: Max statistically he's all up there, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's up there. But there's a there's a couple. There's another guy. I think he had like most had like nine and a half.
Speaker 5: He's up like the person the name and he's stud Max's.
Speaker 4: But Max was he had some games where he wrecked. He wrecked the game, the Bengals game. I was watching the film.
Speaker 5: He had four sacks, and I was taking in my head because when we were to play you guys, I kind of like looking like, well, they have these d nds, these d ends and then you'll have two rookies starting a d N. I was like, we're good, right, Like I can't wait for that way, And like a week or two before we play its like Max CROLSB before sacks and I looked.
Speaker 1: At like.
Speaker 2: About to play it.
Speaker 5: So I went and watch this film. He he took care of the Bengals man. He took care of the man.
Speaker 2: I wanted him to get a sex so bad, dude, I know, it's pretty heartbreaking. Home it was he texted when he when he texted, when he texted to let me down. Then he couldn't come on the pod. He was supposed to come in on Monday. Yeah, and uh. He ended up responding like, hey man, a lot of stuff filled up for things and I gotta go do this and this, And he's like, I'm really sorry, like can we reschedule?
Speaker 1: Like I want to get on. I want to get on.
Speaker 2: And I said, you remember the time that you said how disappointed I was when you didn't get a sack on Taylor And he's like, yeah, I was like, this is worse than that.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I remember.
Speaker 4: It was just with you and you're like, man, I just wanted this one so bad, so tough.
Speaker 2: Hey know, man, gosh damn it, I know how much how much love did you get from the boys after that game? Oh dude, that was That's one of the coolest moments I've told you of my career, Like, of everything, that's one.
Speaker 1: Of the coolest.
Speaker 5: The accolades, Yeah, yeah, sure, that's my part number one.
Speaker 2: No, I say it's one of one of I'll say being voted captain is probably my favorite. You really yeah, okay, all right? On the Redskins and then Nebraska those are two.
Speaker 5: Oh that Yeah, I think that would be pretty if I went somewhere else and then we play the Titans and then all the boys like had like ten jerseys.
Speaker 2: At my feet after it.
Speaker 5: But that'd be a cool feeling because the coolest thing is you were on the team for a year. Yeah, that's how much of as That's how much of influence Will had in the locker room. I didn't have any friends before I met Will. What made me cool in the locker room? You know what I'm saying, I have no the boys.
Speaker 1: Who is that he's pulling it up?
Speaker 2: Is he look at us?
Speaker 1: Holding them wrong?
Speaker 2: We should have somebody like said that to you, like, why is holding his own jersey? Smile?
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what played in the coliseum was cool too. I played there I think three four years ago, like a preseason game. But to be there for the last season, second to last game, and you guys have to be there for the last game, which you guysn't win.
Speaker 1: That one, did you know? And we should have. We should have against the Jags. That's tough. That's to help us out in that one.
Speaker 2: O your own team.
Speaker 1: There's the offensive guys in here.
Speaker 5: Offensive guys, dude, he's a that's a cool stadium. There's a lot of history there. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: We're in.
Speaker 2: The fourth course smells like skunk.
Speaker 1: Dude. Oh, it's almost earlier in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 5: Due early in the fourth quarter. I'm like, we get in that one side, one side of the end zone. I don't know which side it was, Whichever side is the side that always smells like weed.
Speaker 2: That's the side I'm talking about. For those of you Raader.
Speaker 5: Friends who are listening, you smell, yeah, you smell right there on the sideline too, About to get a contact time fail drug test. Yeah, I can't afford you kind of taged your teammates. Ho you smell it, right, You can't afford that.
Speaker 1: It's not good man. You do anything away from the football field.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm trying to get out there a little bit working on you know.
Speaker 3: A passion of mine.
Speaker 4: Is speaking, oh really talking, speaking talking to kids, especially back home like Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Speaker 3: Kid like kids love football, but nobody makes.
Speaker 1: It from Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, we got a lot of white try hard kids that go D three Whitewater and win national championships like in DSU, Like that's where all the kids go. So just you know, trying to build that up is something I'm really passionate about.
Speaker 2: And so you should start a podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I love like motivating and like talking to these kids and trying to just lay out like, you know, what happened in my life.
Speaker 3: And where you can learn, where you know, you.
Speaker 4: Can follow in some footsteps and you know, blaze your own trail and whatever it is, because you know, it's it's a lot of you know, you go go to school, get good grades, go to Wisconsin, and then make get a job and then that's awesome, Like that's that's like the right and it's like there's so much more out there that you want to try and bring to that community. So you know, trying to work with a lot of people in the area and you know, get out there as much as possible.
Speaker 2: So so so like like speaking like what kind of just the topics on like your story to kind of motiva.
Speaker 1: A little bit and just like have you done it yet?
Speaker 3: So I did?
Speaker 4: Uh right, No, So in college I kind of started that a little bit, going to schools, talking to kids, trying to give them messages and you know, I have pictures on my Instagram and stuff like that. But you know, just getting out there in the community and just hearing someone that's not it's almost like you know, you're you're like brother something telling you something instead of your parents. Right right, right, it hit. It's all it's all the same message. It's just how someone gets it to your head different.
Speaker 1: Alec Ingold's talking to.
Speaker 4: Right, like, Okay, maybe I might pay attention now something like that, where you know, just getting kids to listen and hopefully kind of build upon stuff a little bit more than what's going on now, because there's good culture there. Man, there's a lot of good people, a lot of helpful people. So just being able to just give as much as possible. Yeah, what I really get passionate.
Speaker 2: You're also talking to me about there is something in the works being built.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So my high school that I just was at, they're breaking ground in like the biggest weight room in the Midwest. So that was just like finalizing everything like that. My head football coach, you know, just drew that up and got everybody on board with everything. So it's something where there's opportunity there, where there's people investing and they see the importance of investing in these kids.
Speaker 3: And seeing you know, athletics as a part of that.
Speaker 4: So as much as I can get involved in those areas and try and I mean kids aren't going out to camps, right, like the rivals all that stuff. Like kids from Green Bay don't have that. No one goes up there, No one wants to see that. So trying to just bring my knowledge of strength training, football, whatever it could be, work ethic and just bring it to the kids up there. It's something that kids are thirsting for. They're ready for it.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm really excited about trying to you know, see all.
Speaker 1: Those different areas. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: I'm passionate about that for sure.
Speaker 2: You it's awesome. You got a lot of time to do it now. Yeah, it's not like the college off season.
Speaker 4: Just yeah, go out to Nashville, hop on a bus, talk about some ball and lift some weights.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's the metal dobb Or he's gonna be on the flight with us tomorrow too. Oh yeah, you go to Miami crushing it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude.
Speaker 1: I was like, what kind of a gen do you guy done? He's like, I'm just going. I'm like, I mean, hang around.
Speaker 4: Us if you want to winging it. We'll see what happens. I mean, I'm definitely gonna be with Josh right, yeah for that show.
Speaker 1: But besides that, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 2: When is the show?
Speaker 3: The shows the first, yes, the day before Super day before it Saturday.
Speaker 2: That'll be cool, man, that'll be cool. Rooting for you, guys. I mean hopefully A Jay wins, but I'm moving for you guys.
Speaker 1: Appreciate Josh right.
Speaker 2: Anyway it goes, it'll be cool. That'll be really cool.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you coming on man, no worries, man, you have fun.
Speaker 3: This is really cool.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, dude, one hour on the Dot. Let's go just like that, wrap it up.
Speaker 5: Thank you, bead me out here in a half of me chewing food that was just sold the whole thing in the beginning. It was a hot start, hot start, just what we do on this podcast, and that's why everyone listens and they love it.
Speaker 2: They subscribe with five stars.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, brother.
Speaker 3: It's good to good to be here, guys.
Speaker 2: Always a pleasure.