Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on the stock movers report the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenoveck, Romaine Bostik, and Katie Greifel.
Speaker 3: All right, going back to the S and P five hundred most names in the index actually lower today, Kati, about three hundred and twenty nine, losing ground on this Wednesday, one hundred and seventy two to the pside two unchanged.
Speaker 4: Interesting because you did see a little bit more breath in a green direction. When it comes to the sector level, you had six sectors in the green. It was seven, but just flipped at the last moment here five in the red. In terms of what's leading this market, higher communication services, a lot of those games actually coming from Alphabet information Technology higher by about a percent as well. That is the big bright slice of green that you see on your screen. In terms of what didn't perform today, you until theies down about one point three percent, typically a defensive type of sector, So it makes sense financials and real estate also bringing up the rear.
Speaker 3: Carol, all right, lot's agreeing there, So let's go to some of the top gainers on my list today Ford got to mention Ford number one gainer in the S and P five hundred. That's stock up more than thirteen percent share surging in the biggest one day gains since March of twenty twenty. A bullish call from Morgan Stanley on the automaker to investor attention to the company's energy storage business not necessarily something we talk about a lot, but maybe we should. Here's what the Morgan Stanley analyst Andrew Percoco said. He said, we believe that there is a fairly high likelihood that Ford signs an energy storage system supply agreement with large commercial customers and potentially hyperscalers over the next few months. So playing into the AI trade. Keep in mind that Ford did do a deal with the Chinese battery technology behemoth Contemporary and Feriks Technology or CAATL and thet saying it is an underappreciated strategic competitive advantage for its energy storage business. I thought what was interesting is that he estimated that Ford Energy could be worth ten billion and sees opportunity for the valuation to approach that of Tesla Energy.
Speaker 1: So that's the same. This is kind of intriguing to me because this has always been the narrat I would say always, but it's been the narrative for a long time about Tesla, and it kind of makes you wonder why we didn't hear about this, not only for Ford, but even Gum, which also has similar capabilities.
Speaker 3: I agree with you, I feel like it's snuck up and why isn't it maybe talked about a little bit more right when Ford talks about earnings and so on and so forth. But anyway, investors noticing and the stock up more than thirteen percent just quick. I want to mention the semiconductor's space, because we did get a bounce back, certainly in the socks up about two and a half percent as a whole today on semiconductor, I believe it closed at a record today. That name on Semi was up about eleven percent. Sorry I couldn't see that, and so that one was charging a head pretty much at its best levels of the session, and I think it was a number two gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred. Yet Nvidia hire as well, up about two and a quarter percent, and then the socks up about two and a half percent. Shares in ship makers opticals photonics firms gaining a supply for global memory chips, key to of course, those AI buildouts, the infrastructure buildouts titans further, the sector also getting a boosts and videos. Jensen joined President Donald Trump on his visit to China.
Speaker 1: Any happened there? I thought he wasn't going. Now was going?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I guess here, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you go to Alaska and you pick up Jensen?
Speaker 3: Yeah, anys the way it works. And Elon apparently right, although we've.
Speaker 1: Always gone yeah, don't you read our stories?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I do, But I think didn't Elon come out on social and say I was the only one who picked up in Alaska?
Speaker 1: I pay attention to what crosses the Bloomberg terminal.
Speaker 4: All right, that's your social media crossing.
Speaker 5: The Bloomberg terminal. Some notable decliners today.
Speaker 3: Thanks nicely done.
Speaker 5: I want to start with the shares of Dina Trace, the infrastructure software company, fell by eleven point four percent today. This after the company reported fourth quarter results that were actually better than I expected. It was the outlook for adjusted first quarter earnings that was slightly weaker. The stock getting hit today, down eleven point four percent, how about an IPO?
Speaker 4: How about it?
Speaker 6: How about it GMR Solutions, Oh maybe it says maybe not? How about it started trading today, down six point eight percent on the first day of trading. It's a KKR backed ambulance firm. Shares fell after a nine hundred and seventy doine million dollar raise and a downsized IPO in private placement of warrants. It's the largest provider of emergency medical services. It's got a market value of just about three billion dollars on based on outstanding shares listed in its filing. So once again, GMR Solutions, Inc. Falling six point eight percent today on its first day.
Speaker 1: And we're going to talk to the CEO a little bit later on the clothes.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, we'll ask about the performance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it'll come up.
Speaker 3: What happened?
Speaker 5: This one's for Romaine boy, because I know that he's a big Birkenstock guy. Oh do you know that you can actually wear birkenstocks with suits if you're Romain Bostic?
Speaker 4: I don't think you can.
Speaker 1: I don't well you can. I'm not sure that's a good idea, but maybe that would help that actually boost their earnings and revenue, which of course, came in just a little bit light, Tim, I got to pave you away.
Speaker 5: From that romain. You just don't want me to talk about you.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: We got to get to Cisco. Those earnings crossing the wire right now. Those shares up about four percent in the after hours trade, despite the company actually cutting its full year revenue forecast. I'm going to start with the most recent quarter. In the third quarter, the company did beat on a just dps a dollar six. It did beat on revenue at fifteen point eight four billion, just slightly. The company says that for the fiscal fourth quarter, it sees revenue in a range of sixteen point seven to sixteen point nine billion dollars. That's above the fifteen point eight two billion that the street was looking for, a just dps range of one sixteen to one eighteen. That's well above what the street was looking for at one seven. Now here's the bugaboo when you sort of average that all out for the full year. The company now says that revenue will be in a range ascuse me, of sixty one point two billion to sixty one point seven billion, And that looks like that could come in a little bit light than what the street was looking for. Similar story on the EPs side four thirteen to four seventeen, with the average estimate being four sixteen.
Speaker 3: You know what's interesting too, looking at the commentary, five point three billion orders taken a year to date, raising expected fiscal year twenty six orders to nine billion dollars, up from five billion dollars. That seems like a big bump up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah it is. I mean this is a company that obviously has found its products. I should say, have actually found a new lease on life, given the big infrastructure build out in the AI and the really the broader data center space year. And I think what everybody really wants to see and what should point out. I mean, we're in that fiscal fourth quarter right now, so they're basically providing full year guidance for a year that's almost sob I think the real question is what happens over the next couple of years with regards to the growth trajectory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fourth quarter revenue forecast topping estimates fourth quarter are justin earnings per share four dollars and twenty seven cents to four dollars and twenty nine cents. This is the redhead. The customers are four dollars and sixteen cents. Fourth quart outlook above consensus. Third quarter services revenue coming in slightly below estimates, Katie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you can see shares now hired by about five percent after hours. It's going to be interesting to get to that earnings call expected at about four thirty. It's going to be particularly interesting to see what they say and what they're asked about memory prices. We know that when it comes to this record run that we're seeing for Cisco that you know Wall Street has highlighted, maybe memory prices is something that could spoil the party a little bit there. So definitely something to listen out for.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Let's check in on the yield space real quick here and before we get back to what's been happening in the equity space here, all to talk today was about the longer end of the curve here. You had a thirty year Treasury auction today that basically came in at bid on a five point h four and change here. That was the highest that the Treasury Department had to offer to bidders since two thousand and seven. Believe it or not, you're getting paid five percent of your thirty year five percent on your twenty year your ten uere yield, they'll still camp out at four point four to seven. And take note of the shorter end at the curve, the part of course that Kevin Walsh and the fake controls that is lower on the day by about one basis point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it kind of gets interesting, right when you compare that to maybe, you know, returns in terms of equities. So it certainly gets a fascinating to kind of watch this development. Hey, by the way, Cisco's up now more than nine percent here in the aftermarket, so quite a pop here.
Speaker 2: All right. That is a wrap up this stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.