Speaker 1: Sonny. Oh, no, what have I done?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 1: Oh, where's the ATV?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna lose sight of her. If I don't hurry, I forget it.
Speaker 4: I'll have to go on foot, Honey, any sign of her, Alejandro, I checked all around the cattle fencing and where you said all the water.
Speaker 5: Stations were you check where the cattle were? Yes, I saw them by the creek.
Speaker 2: She wasn't there either, and Sonny's gone too. She must have decided to ride her since you took the ATV. But where'd she go? Let me see if Shannon the number for Zoe. Maybe she went there.
Speaker 5: I have Zoe's number. I'll text her now, anything back she's typing. Now, see those dots.
Speaker 2: I know what an ellipsis means. I'm not that old. I'm gonna have to call her mom and she'll insist I'm coming back home.
Speaker 5: She says, Bailey isn't there, but to look where the wild horses are?
Speaker 2: Why do? She suggests that she must know something. You head towards the east pasture and I'll try her on the walkie again. We'll get to the bottom of this. Maybe I won't have to worry your mom just yet.
Speaker 3: This is impossible, Sonny, stop running for me. You're getting closer and closer to the wild horse range.
Speaker 5: This is bad.
Speaker 1: I can't keep chasing her.
Speaker 3: I need to stop, or I'm just going to keep pushing her further away. Okay, I'm not paying any attention to you, Sonny. You can stop running from me now.
Speaker 1: See. I'm not trying to catch you anymore.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm just gonna sit here and brighten my journal. Good girl, Dear Connor. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to do this without you. I just feel so angry. We were supposed to be here together, working with our herd, finally taking the last step toward our dream. But that dream is dead. I can't even say one wild horse, and you're not here to fix it.
Speaker 1: And it's just it's just so unfair. And I'm so mad. I'm mad at.
Speaker 3: Sonny for throwing you off that day, and I'm mad that Alejandro is here doing the things you did in your boots, and I'm mad.
Speaker 1: That Zoe's just so happy. But but I'm not. I don't know. I don't know if I ever can be again.
Speaker 5: Bailey.
Speaker 1: Oh great, Alejandro.
Speaker 5: Bailey, Hey, Bailey, Slow down.
Speaker 3: And quit yelling. I'm trying to catch Sonny.
Speaker 5: Really, it looks like you're sitting in the grass writing in your diary. And have you been crying?
Speaker 3: This is how you catch a horse that won't come to you. I had to release the pressure so she'd stop and come back.
Speaker 1: See she's just coming this way now.
Speaker 5: Oh nice? A pressure release. In psychclass, that's called the catharsis catharsis. Yeah, so crying attracts horses. I never knew.
Speaker 3: Not crying, you dope, moving towards a horse is the pressure? Never mind, I need to halter her.
Speaker 1: Sonny, No, wait, can I try?
Speaker 5: Maybe the pressure is still a bit high.
Speaker 1: Sure, but she won't come to it.
Speaker 5: There you go, Sonny, good girl?
Speaker 1: What how do you do that?
Speaker 5: Maybe you're just a good teacher?
Speaker 1: Uh huh?
Speaker 5: Or maybe I just have good energy. Horses can sense that, you know.
Speaker 1: What do you know about that?
Speaker 5: You think I heard it in a movie. I like being around horses feels good, you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sometimes?
Speaker 5: So? Uh? Are you okay?
Speaker 1: Honestly?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: So what happened today? Anyway? Why are you out here? And why didn't Zoe come with?
Speaker 2: You?
Speaker 1: Talked to Zoe?
Speaker 5: What did she say nothing? Really, she just seemed to know you would be over here.
Speaker 1: Oh she didn't say anything else.
Speaker 5: No, but you might want to let your gee pop know you're okay before he calls your mom for no reason.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, I turned.
Speaker 3: The walky talkie down so it wouldn't spook Sonny.
Speaker 1: Uh, gee Pop, this is Bailey. I'm okay.
Speaker 2: Snakes and scorpions, Bailey, you can't keep disappearing on me.
Speaker 3: I'm old, remember, Sorry, gee Pop. We're on the way up from the east pasture.
Speaker 5: Now, who's that? Huh? There's another horse over there?
Speaker 1: Really where?
Speaker 5: Look there by that clump of trees, that's Wilder, Wilder cool name.
Speaker 3: You found him after all, Sonny. I can't believe it. Thank you, thank you?
Speaker 5: Is that one of your horses?
Speaker 3: Not yet?
Speaker 5: What are you up to? Bailey? Oh, Sonny? Easy? Oh no?
Speaker 1: Look no?
Speaker 2: Oh no?
Speaker 5: Why is he walking like that? What's wrong with him?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: He's limping.
Speaker 3: I told Zoe he needed our help. We might be too late.
Speaker 5: So you and Zoe did plan something and you lied to your grandfather. You know, he was worried sick, and I had to go looking for you all over the property.
Speaker 3: I'm really sorry, and it was actually just me. Zoe tried to stop me, and she was right.
Speaker 1: We are going to need help.
Speaker 5: What are you going to do?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but we need to catch Wilder. He's clearly hurt and it might be bad.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe I can help you.
Speaker 1: I doubt that, Rookie.
Speaker 5: Come on, I can do something.
Speaker 1: Actually you can.
Speaker 3: Will you take Sonny back to the barn and tell Gepop to meet me back here?
Speaker 5: Yes? But where are you going now?
Speaker 3: There's something I need to do first, but I promise I won't be gone long.
Speaker 5: Okay, but maybe keep the walking tuck he turned out this time.
Speaker 3: I will be quick though. It's getting dark and I don't want to lose him.
Speaker 5: Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 6: Zoe, Bailey, Why are you throwing rocks at my window?
Speaker 3: I tried the door and no one answered. Then I saw your light on.
Speaker 6: Oh my mom's not home, and I guess I didn't hear you.
Speaker 3: What are you doing here? Did you know your g pop is looking for you?
Speaker 1: I got in touch with him, but I need to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll be right down, Bailey.
Speaker 2: We've got the supplies and are driving the trailer to the spot. You saw the wild horse. We Aleandro was staying down. We'll need all hands in the rig for this one. I called the vet, but no answer yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll be there soon. I'm getting Zoe a good thing. Hey. Hey, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: You first, Zoe, you have nothing to be sorry about. I should have been a more loyal friend, Bailey.
Speaker 1: I think I have trust issues. No way, you were right. I was being reckless. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Can you forgive me for what I said?
Speaker 1: Yes? Of course? So did your plan work?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Not even close. Oh.
Speaker 3: I've been pushing everyone away, but I know now that's not going to help Wilder. He needs all of us. I need all of you. Will you come help me? G Pop knows he and Alejandro are waiting for us. Oh then yes, of course I'll help.
Speaker 1: Let me grab my stuff.
Speaker 3: Great, thanks, bring snaxt too. I'm starving lay ahead of you. I ordered pizza an hour ago and it just arrived.
Speaker 5: You were so right about handling the horses.
Speaker 2: You took my advice, then, did you?
Speaker 5: Yeah? It was so easy catching Sonny today.
Speaker 2: Good good. They're looking to see if you were trustworthy, not just that you aren't a danger to them, but that you'd keep them from danger. Are you calm but confident? Are you strong but gentle? These are the attitudes and qualities a horse look for women too, for that.
Speaker 5: Matter, I'll keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Oh, here come Bailey and Zoe.
Speaker 5: Com and confident, strong and gentle.
Speaker 1: Hey, honey, g pop, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: We've got to start putting up panels and put out that fire.
Speaker 1: He'll see it.
Speaker 2: It'll be all right, Bailey. I saw the wild stallion Wilder.
Speaker 1: His name's Wilder, Okay.
Speaker 2: I saw Wilder when we arrived before sun set, mind you. And he's not going far on that leg.
Speaker 1: Oh Wilder?
Speaker 2: Where'd the name come from?
Speaker 3: It just feels like this ranch has been missing its wild side the past few months.
Speaker 1: There's something about that horse. He's got a spark in his eyes.
Speaker 2: Well, Wilder seems to be trapped in the gully there between the trees, and I don't want to risk injuring them more by trying anything before the vet can come.
Speaker 1: Did Doctor Forrest call you back?
Speaker 2: Yes? And she agrees we should just keep a safe distance so we can watch out for predators and keep an eye on him till morning when she can come trank him.
Speaker 1: But so we just wait.
Speaker 5: Nah, we eat s'mores and enjoy the campfire.
Speaker 1: That sounds great.
Speaker 3: Who wants pizza?
Speaker 5: You brought pizza? Is this my kind of wrench?
Speaker 2: You all enjoy that. I'm going to excuse myself and water the grass over there, Rocky stay here.
Speaker 5: Nice one, dream man, g Man.
Speaker 1: S'mores time, s'mores, Alejandro. We are on a boy scout trip. This is serious.
Speaker 6: Come on, Bailey, grab a slice of pizza and come sit with us.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, just as long as you don't start leaping over the fire or trying to scare me with gruesome bronc stories.
Speaker 5: Never why did the other farm pens do that?
Speaker 1: No, not them.
Speaker 3: It was your brother then, wasn't it. Yeah, Connor was always the life of the party. Sounds like a pretty fun guy. He was the best kind of the life of this whole place.
Speaker 5: Really, what happened to him? Huh, you're a g pup said, He passed away not long ago, So do you want to tell us what happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he passed away recently, but it all started almost a year ago. The day we moved the cattle and he rode Sonny instead of me. I had been working her to do barrels, and she started getting too fast, so I didn't want to ride her in the open field. He offered to switch horses with me, even though I had trained Sonny and should have just sucked it up and ridden her.
Speaker 1: But I was afraid. I'm just a whimp. Connor he.
Speaker 3: Was never afraid. He jumped on her and took off right across that field. When I caught up, she had already thrown him off. He ended up in the hospital that day to check for a concussion.
Speaker 1: That's the day everything changed. I'm so sorry, Bailey.
Speaker 5: That's awful. They can see why you have beef with Sonny.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I haven't ridden her since, not sure I ever will. But you're not not what a whimp. Look at what you're doing for Wilder, or even just how you take care of all these animals and work the farm and tackle pigs. You're awesome.
Speaker 1: You're strong and brave.
Speaker 5: She's right, even just now telling us about your brother. That takes guts.
Speaker 2: Thanks, it does take guts, Bailey. I'm proud of you for opening up, and it makes sense that you'd be angry. Do you think it's fair to blame Sonny though?
Speaker 3: But it was Sonny throwing him off that started it all, and I was supposed to ride her.
Speaker 2: Now, Bailey, your brother was an excellent BRONC rider. Do you really think Sonny could have unloaded him if something else wasn't already making trouble in his brain?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I guess it's true that he was a really good rider, that's right. But things turned upside down that.
Speaker 2: Day, I know they did, Sweetie. That's when we found out about Connor's cancer, and that is truly something to be angry and sad about.
Speaker 3: Well, I am, and I just don't think Sonny and I will ever be the same again.
Speaker 2: One day at a time, kiddo, don't need.
Speaker 3: To rush it, and we're here for you too, Bailey, right, Alejandro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, definitely. Yeah. Maybe a new and improved smore would help.
Speaker 1: Alejandro. That looks nothing like a small I.
Speaker 5: Said it was new and improved. Plus, all I could find that your house, besides marshmallows, were oreos and caramels.
Speaker 3: Roasted marshmallow and caramels smushed between two orioles.
Speaker 1: That sounds amazing.
Speaker 2: You don't have to twist my arm.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll try one too. Hmm yum,