Speaker 1: It is eight hundred and nine four one sewn. If you want to be a part of the program. Well, she's back right now. Favorite congresswoman who speaks for the radical extreme Democrats in Congress is apparently going into Congress. You have a message for Elon Musk. I bet most of you in your mind's eye right now can guess what she probably says.
Speaker 2: Let's play it. If you could speak directly to Elon Musk, what would you say?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 1: You got him, he really did. I'm sure his feelings are hurt. It's just they will never get it. I did this this interview for a website called Mediaite, and maybe we'll post it on Hannity social media. But and I explain now why I said in seven that journalism is dead, and then after this election, legacy media is dead. And they are and in large part because they get everything wrong and they have a political agenda and they light to their audiences and as a result, they have lost all trust from the people that used to watch them. Interesting to watch, you know. Conspiracy theorist, extraordinary, not exactly a truth teller in her own right, went along with the Russian Live. We played her yesterday saying that if you get the shot, you're not going to get COVID, and if you get the shot, you're not going to infect others, going along with government talking points. Rachel Maddow angry over the firing of Joy Reid at MSDNC and how it was mistake and even inferring it was related to race.
Speaker 4: In all of the jobs I have had, in all of the years I have been alive, there is no colleague for whom I have had more affection and more respect than Joy read I love everything about her. I have learned so much from her. I have so much more to learn from her. I do not want to lose her as a colleague here at MSNBC, and personally, I think it is a bad mistake to let her walk out the door. It is not my call and I understand that, but that's what I think.
Speaker 1: I will tell you.
Speaker 4: It is also unnerving to see that on a network where we've got two count of two non white hosts in primetime, both of our non white hosts in primetime are losing their shows, as is Katie Fang on the Weekend, and that feels worse than bad no matter who replaces. Now that feels indefensible, and I do not defend it.
Speaker 2: So who is she talking about? Enjoy reading?
Speaker 1: And look what they do over there has no impact on my life, to be very honest, and I only get has impact on anybody else's life because if it did, they would have done a lot better in this election because they were deep part in the paint with fascist racist Hitler Mussolini. I mean, I even got a cut of joy read Fascism is already here, et cetera.
Speaker 2: But just who is she defending? Let's listen, and the.
Speaker 5: Potito family certainly deserve answers and justice. But the way this story has captivated the nation has many wondering why not the same media attention when people of color go missing? Well, the answer actually has a name, missing white woman syndrome. But I do hope that as a senator, you'll prove those who call you a token wrong. Gotta love the Tim Scott standing there to provide the patina of diversity over that round of words at a basketful of words. Guarantee you if that was a Black Lives Matter protest.
Speaker 2: In DC, there.
Speaker 5: Would already be people shackled, arrested, or dead. So for so many reasons, being a freeloader and a selfish and disrespectful one, and for misappropriating Black vernacular for misogenistic purposes.
Speaker 4: Elon Musk is the absolute worst.
Speaker 5: If somehow they managed to stumble into the Supreme Court, do any of you guys trust Uncle Clarence and Amy Cony Barrett and those guys to actually follow the.
Speaker 1: Letter of the law.
Speaker 5: No, all right, can even ever begin to read out tonight with a message to Republicans.
Speaker 2: Okay, we get it.
Speaker 5: COVID is the precious and you love it. Now are we have a Republican party that not only at its base, is becoming putinite pro pudent.
Speaker 2: This fourth brag.
Speaker 5: Renaming falls under the performative, But the other half, which is far more serious, sure looks like an attempt to resegregate the military.
Speaker 6: And I thought you would go astronaut keeping it real, He to me, would have been the safest, most conventionally safe. Pick white, super white, like you know, mayonnaise sandwich on wonderbread white from the you know, from a border state.
Speaker 5: Similar similarities to what happened in Germany and what's happening now in America are just undeniable. History may not repeat verbatim, but it sure does.
Speaker 3: Rhyme.
Speaker 5: Make your own dinner, Mega, make your own sandwiches, wipe your own tears, troll amongst yourselves with Elon, and leave us alone. You got your heart's desire, the president you dreamed of and worship instead of Jesus. And this time you didn't even have to storm the capital, smash the windows, or try to kill police officers or issue death threats to bool workers. See, when you are in the midst of a crisis, and specifically a crisis of democracy, how do you resist when fascism isn't just coming, it's already here. So what if anything can you do about it?
Speaker 1: All right, joining us to analyze what I believe is the death of legacy media and the frankly, the end of the modern Democratic Party is it has now embraced radicalism and an agenda that favors the rights of illegals over the safety of Americans and men's rights. They champion men's rights to play in women's sports, and of course they want to justify tens and tens and tens what will be hundreds of billions of dollars in waste, fraud, abuse, and corruptions spent abroad to advance their radicalism without the transparency you would expect from Congress anyway. As our friend Miranda Divine, author of the number one best seller of The Big Guy, How a President and his Son Sold Out America? Miranda, do you agree with me legacy media is dead? Do you agree with me that what we are witnessing with in Congress is you know, they now have the lowest approval rating ever is kind of the end and the death of the old Democratic Party too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Hi, Sean, Look, I think what I would say is not necessarily legacy media, because I guess that's what we are at the New York Post and the Fox News and so on. I think propaganda media is dead. I think that whether it be MSNBC or the New York Times, Washington Post, the clock is ticking for them when they just continue to gaslight and lie to their audiences because their audiences are wise to them. And we saw that at the last election, when suddenly people realized that you know, Donald Trump was not hitler, that the lawfair against him was completely unjust and unjustified, and that.
Speaker 3: You know, they looked at the.
Speaker 7: Assassination attempt against him in Butler and the way he responded, and they thought, hey, that's not the guy that I've been told that Donald Trump is by my favorite media organs, And so they switched off. And you see, you just played all that litany of disasters from Joy Reid. Her audience, like all her saddlemate's audience at MSNBC, has been cut by a half. They've lost half their audience since the elections. And that's because the air audience, even those people who've been brainwashed and propagandized for years by Joy Reid's particularly toxic brand of poison and Rachel meadows slightly more sophisticated brand of poison, they won't. The audience woke up and said, you aligned to if we're done with you, And I think that is lethal. The same goes for the Democratic Party, because of course MSNBC is just a mouthpiece for the Democratic Party and they're a washed up outfit. Unless they change direction, they show no sign of doing that, they're dead.
Speaker 2: Well. I would make an exception.
Speaker 1: There are a few legacy media outlets like the New York Post where where I think you're the top columnist, or we'll certainly invite at the top to me and one of the best authors and investigative reporters in the country, and you tell truth, and that is a rare exception in legacy media. Okay, I would argue that new media began with talk radio, it extended out into Fox News, and because Fox is so distinctly different, I don't really count it among legacy media. And we're fairly relatively speaking. I've made an observation and then this interview that I gave to media that I think the model of Fox News and talk radio is going to be studied for decades and decades and decades to come because of what.
Speaker 2: A phenomenon it was.
Speaker 1: And trust me, they gave us no shot of success when we started.
Speaker 2: We were laughed at.
Speaker 7: Yes, that's so true, and yes I agree. I mean New York Posts you could not say it's anything but legacy because it's the oldest newspaper in the country. But I think what Fox News did and what was it's sort of brilliance apart from you know, great packaging and much pressure, which really was a pioneering venture, but also it just gave voice or was middle of the road, you know, all the news that fit to print, which is used to be the New York Times motto. It was fair and balanced, and that was the Fox News motto. And you know, you put it up against CNN or MSNBC any day and you will get different voices. You get Democrats on Fox News. Obviously the preponderance is conservatives, but there still are democratic voices. And that makes it more interesting because you see the ying and the yang and not treating the audience like a bunch of idiots that are brainwashed. We trust the audience to, you know, understand an issue and make up their own minds. And I think that's where MSNBC goes so wrong, because they just shove their viewpoint down their audience's gullet and they cannot abide any kind of you know, difference. CNN's a little different. I think they're trying hard lately to change the diet a bit. They've got a couple of Republicans on there, who who in their panels. They're obviously outnumbered, but they managed to hold their own. So I think that's showing to see an audiences that.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just saw a clip of fake Jake Tapper and he goes on a rant against Donald Trump and the guy considers himself quoted journalist. I think that's the whole premise is is they consider themselves newspeople and journalists. And I make a very clear distinction about who I am and what my job description is and what I do. I'm a talk show host. Yes, I'm a member of the press, and we do straight news. I can produce thousands of hours of it, investigative reporting. I can produce thousands of hours of that. We do opinion. I'm up front. I was very clear with the audience like I am. Every election, I voted for Donald Trump and advocated for him, so on the editorial page, and then we do culture and sports and other issues of the day. I consider myself an entire newspaper and as a member of the press. They claim their journalists, they're not journalists, Miranda. They lie about what they are and what they do.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think that once you've lost your way, I don't think that you perhaps should be calling yourself the journalist. But on the other hand, I think, you know, journalisms are pretty broad church and it has been produced, particularly since the Trump era began in twenty sixteen. I think a lot of people like the deep state, the intelligence community, a lot of journalists who had forged relationships with various spooks. They all lost their minds when Donald Trump came along. A journalists decided to remember the New York Times famously, the editor said, well, you know, these are different times, and we can't be objective when it comes to Donald Trump. And I think the same thing happened with the FBI and the CIA and so on. They just decided that they were not going to obey the commander in chief because it was Donald Trump. They were going to go off on their own little frolics. And you know, many disasters ensued until Donald Trump came back to try and take control of the government again. So it's always a dangerous path. And you know, their excuse was, especially the journalists, was that Donald Trump was an existential threat to quote democracy, whatever that means. And that was their justification for breaking every single rule in journalism, lying to people being completely biased, only following certain stories, censoring other stories like the laptop from Now.
Speaker 3: You know, that's not journalism.
Speaker 7: They showed none of the normal curiosity that journalism is meant to show. And you know, I'm an opinion journalist, I write opinion. I'm on the opinion page, I'm perfectly entitled to only give one side. But when you're on the news pages, and when I write news stories, which I do, I make sure that I give both sides. It's a very different genre, and there should be a difference between when you are a straight news journalist and when you're an opinion journalist. And I think for a lot of them, they've lost that objectivity. And certainly you see it in the news pages of once respected publications like the New York Times, in the Washington Post. You could read some of their news stories as if they were opinion columns.
Speaker 1: Oh well, nobody does it better than you. You thread that needle perfectly, Miranda Devine. We always appreciate you. Thank you so much for being one of us. Eight hundred and ninety four one. Shawn is our number. If you want to be a part of the program. Quick break right back. We'll continue. All right, Let's get to our busy telephone, shall we. All right, we have Ray in Canada. I'm very unhappy with Canada right now, and I want Canada in the US to be the best allies ever as we have been for you know, however, many years one hundred and fifty of plus years, and right now I feel that the Canadian people booing our national anthem threatening I saw this article yesterday threatening boycotts. Well, we're not going to come to America. Okay, they have what forty two million in their population America was three hundred and forty million. And I've never considered, never supported a boycott in my life, but if this gets legs, I might consider it anyway.
Speaker 2: Ray and Canada, How are you, sir, great John, how are you good? I'm glad? What's on your mind today?
Speaker 3: All the boycott's already begun. It began be poor the organized boycotts. People are buying. Canadian people aren't going to Florida in their trips, and they're just looking to sort of abrogate America basically and say, you know what, you've disrespected us to this point and we have to respond. I mean I booing the anthem, I think nobody should do anybody's anthem. That's disrespect for somebody.
Speaker 1: So you do you support this boycott of people traveling to America?
Speaker 3: I think people have to decide. But yeah, if they don't feel comfortable going to America because of this, then they shouldn't go There are other destinations they can go to, and it is okay.
Speaker 1: So when I tell this audience has about half your population of this radio show, and if I tell my audience that I'm supporting an America boycott of Canada, you're okay with that?
Speaker 3: Well, Trump is already dooing.
Speaker 2: Well, you don't like it.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't like it because there's three hundred and forty plus million Americans and you have a population of forty two million Canadians. And who would be more likely? Who would be hurt worse by that boycott?
Speaker 2: War?
Speaker 3: The number one visitor to Florida is Canadian citizens going to Florida.
Speaker 1: Who would be hurt more? Because there are plenty of Americans to go to Montreal and Quebec and Ontario and all sorts of places over Canada.
Speaker 2: Who who? In the end, do you think it's hurt more Canada or the US?
Speaker 3: I think we both get hurt with this, this whole thing that's going on.
Speaker 1: But forty two million versus three hundred and forty million, you're gonna get hurt worse. You're hurting yourself by doing this. Now, let me tell you why I have issues with Canada, and you tell me if you if these are legitimate concerns. You do know that Canada already, prior to Donald Trump winning this election, puts tariffs on American products.
Speaker 2: You are aware of.
Speaker 3: That, right, absolutely yes, and we have.
Speaker 1: To okay, okay, And you are aware that Canada has done nothing to stop you know, the inflow, the influx of illegal immigrants and securing their northern border.
Speaker 3: You do all that, right, absolutely untrue. We put a one point three billion towards that.
Speaker 1: Now only only only recently have you stepped up enforcement and a military presence on the border, and that's after Donald Trump threatened the tariffs, which he might go through with next week. You do know that Canada has not paid its fair share like America has to NATO.
Speaker 3: Right, I agree with you wholeheartedly. We have a twenty thirty point where we're trying to reach that two percent goal. It's already been.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Canada is not paying their fair share.
Speaker 1: And you do know that probably the greatest defense for Canada, if God forbid, something ever happens and you guys are in trouble, would be the United States of America.
Speaker 2: You are aware of that.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's always has been Absolutely, we have Nora D, we have protected We need America to do that, but America needs to do that as well. They're own protected.
Speaker 2: America has already been doing all of this.
Speaker 1: And then in comes Donald Trump and he's talked about something called reciprocal tariffs, and he's basically saying to Canada, pay your fair share for NATO alling you out on it, do a better job securing your border because we're being impacted greatly by it, and it's partly your responsibility too. And he is saying that if you're gonna put traye, if you're gonna put tariffs on us, we'll have to slap tariffs on you. And if you don't do these three things, that's really all he's asking, then it's going to result in America but is slapping a big fat tariff on Canada. Now, do you think that he's being unfair in saying that.
Speaker 3: Why tariff you have tariffs for like you're farming, for farming for your agriculture is to.
Speaker 1: Protect agriculture poultry that you you won't import any seeds from the United States. Uh so there's an outright ban of certain products. Yeah, I mean I think that's kind of unfair, don't.
Speaker 3: You don't you think, Sean, that a country needs to protect the ability for it to feed its people. That if if we don't protect our farmers in our industries, the Americans would because of your size. If you said, three hundred forty to forty million Tyson farms who could come in here and dump dump all kinds of products on us, destroyer farming, and we have the inability to feed ourselves.
Speaker 2: Nobody wants to hurt.
Speaker 1: Listen, if my goal for the US and Canada, just to be very clear is I want us to be good friends and neighbors.
Speaker 2: But it's a two way street.
Speaker 1: And I think that these three specific areas where Donald Trump has complaining, you're not pushing back, You're acknowledging these legitimate concerns, and that Canada probably could do a better job in terms of reciprocity.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, I think you're right on. We need to protect.
Speaker 1: So why doesn't Little Justin then just sit down with the president Because he's dumb, he's done, he's done well, he is done, and he's kind of dumb too. I'd argue he's both. And I'm not a big a Little Justin but I'm just saying it's frustrating to Americans when they learn these things, and Donald Trump, unlike every other politician, just refuses to let America be taken advantage of. I mean, on top of all of that, your national security is almost entirely dependent on the goodwill of the United States military, and that is a really, really great benefit to your friendship and partnership. So for all the people in Canada are friends in Canada. Because I'm not willing to go there yet that might be considering this boycott effort against the United States. Understand that America is going to respond in kind, and I might even join them, because I think it's so unfair and frankly unappreciative of what we do, and I think as part of a good friendship, I think that movement needs to stop.
Speaker 3: I don't disagree with you. I think it's I think remember that the security of Canada benefits the security of the United States. You need a protected north as much as we need to protect it north because if Russia and China start to invade the northwest past but.
Speaker 1: We're doing all the protecting for the most part. That's the problem. We're bearing the brunt of it.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's shared. We're we're we were all we have an agreement on new icebreakers. We haven't. Nora had to share. There is shared.
Speaker 2: I agree that there is some shared.
Speaker 1: There is there, there is some contribution, but the overwhelming majority is provided by the United States military.
Speaker 2: It's just a fact.
Speaker 3: Can I can I tell you like, I don't disagree with both.
Speaker 2: Listen, I want to get along.
Speaker 1: If I was Canada, the maybe maybe the one point of irritation you would have with Trump you haven't brought up yet, and that is when he says, well, Canada should be the fifty first state. Well, and what he's let me Let me tell you why I don't want Canada the fifty first state, because you're too liberal for me. You know, I mean, I know you. You have your single payer healthcare that most Canadians are stuck with. I know plenty of Canadians that don't like the system. And I know many wealthy Canadians that will come to the United States for medical care because they can't wait the six or eight months that they'd have to wait to get the treatment that the government so quote guaranteed them. But I think the better answer is I think that I would prefer the Canadians look objectively at whether or not they're they're they're being good partners on their and first and the benefits they have from the United States, and maybe it's time for them to step up as it relates to these these three issues. And I think if they do, I think all will all will go away. I think, I think, and then we'll go back to being best friends again.
Speaker 3: I think I know what it's like two siblings wedding older brother, younger brother. You know, you're getting on my nerves and right now you're having a time out right now.
Speaker 1: But honestly, look, Donald Trump is calling you guys out for things that you're acknowledging our work in favor of Canada, and you're kind of justifying on the on the tariff deal. I'm a free trader, free and fair trader, and this isn't free and fair when you're putting tariffs on us and you don't expect tariffs back on you.
Speaker 3: But the man that negotiated the USNC is saying that it's a foolish agreement. He basically said, to anybody of any of these agreements, they're fool But he negotiated it and find it so okay.
Speaker 1: But there's still gaps in the coverage of you. Well, so I would argue that it's time for Canada to do a better job at the border, pay their fair share for NATO, and I would have free and fair trade across the board, no tariffs on anybody, and we'd get along like you know, siblings, the way we should.
Speaker 3: It's not possible. I mean, we have to have to protect.
Speaker 1: Certainly you you're you're protecting your you're protecting your industries, and if the United States does it back, it's unfair.
Speaker 3: The United States has tariffs on softwood lumber as well. There's terroifts that are ingreened by the States to protect certain.
Speaker 1: That's what reciprocal That's what reciprocal tariffs is going to be about. But the problem is, I think that the Canadian economy is more reliant on the US economy than vice versa. I don't think that the In the end, I'd rather not have this conflict. In the end, I think it's in everyone's best interest to resolve these issues peacefully and as friends. And and I'll even tip my hat Canada won the hockey game is one of the closest best games I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: It was a great game. Actually, the game on Saturday with the three fights was the best game I ever saw that.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 1: Nine seconds in boom, gloves are off, Let's go game on. I loved every minute of it. All right, listen, Just something to think about. And when you talk to your Canadian friends, know that in the hearts of Americans, we like the people in Canada, and we we want to get along with Canada. But America does have legitimate arguments back here.
Speaker 3: Okay, just still President Trump, that that our kindness and our politeness doesn't mean we're weak. We're still strong and we believe in our country and we believe it.
Speaker 2: No, but you got to be just be fair. I'm not asking you not to be strong.
Speaker 1: We want strong neighbors exactly, but don't be But don't take advantage of us either.
Speaker 3: No, I know. But Indiana all right, in the long term, And it was pleasure to talk to you. By the way, Katie is a wonderful lady of your call screen of fantastic.
Speaker 1: Oh you're sucking up to the call screen and I get it, all right, don't force me to do something I've never done in my life or career because I don't like them, and that's called the boycotts. But you guys are starting one and I don't. I don't want to see this thing at legs. And if it does, there's going to be a lot of angry America and this thing is going to get way out of control and it won't help Canada.
Speaker 2: I can tell you that.
Speaker 1: Alright, quick break right back, more of your calls eight hundred nine one, Shawn. As we continue.
Speaker 9: In the world gives you insanity, he gives you common sense solutions.
Speaker 2: This country needs a course correction.
Speaker 9: Immediately find your station at Hannity dot com and listen three hours a day.
Speaker 1: Hi, we continue now with our busy phones. Eight hundred nine one, Shawn is our number. Let's say hi to Ron in South Carolina.
Speaker 2: What's up Ron? We only have a minute though, Ron. How are you?
Speaker 8: Hey, Sean, We're doing great. It's good to talk to you. Just wanted to ask a quick question and get your comment on it. With all that does is fining, with all the fraud that's going on, do you believe that there's going to be prosecution the individuals responsible? And also I wanted to say too that I know in the interview, President Trump said that what mister Musk is doing for our nation as a thankless job. But I think I speak for a lot of people when I just shout out to him, thank you, mister Musk very much, and appreciate all you're doing.
Speaker 2: Those were some great.
Speaker 3: Interviews you gave there.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it, and I'm thankful to mister Musk, who and as he said to me, uh, they're not going to get everything right, and and when they get it wrong, they're going to fix it very quickly. But you know, there's no room for error in a world of Trump arrangement, rage and insanity.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you that.
Speaker 1: But you know what, if we don't do it now for the sake of our kids and grandkids and for the sake of American taxpayers, this is probably the only opportunity we have, you know. And everyone goes, well, what about my friend's one job, Well, if they were working for USAID, that was not a job that ever should have been created, because that money never should have been spent that way. Anyway, I appreciate to call my friend, God bless you. Eight hundred nine four one Shawn is on number. If you want to upgrade the look at your home, you don't want to break the budget. Right now, you can save up to forty percent off site wide on custom window coverings when you go to Blinds dot com. There is a better way to give your home the Presidential treatment without With Blinds dot Com, they are by far the number one online retailer of custom window treatments. You shop one hundred percent online on your schedule. That means no hassle in home consultations and pushy commission salespeople.
Speaker 2: Now Blinds dot Com.
Speaker 1: They make it simple, easy, affordable, free virtual consultations with design professionals. You get free samples delivered to your house fast and free. They have an extensive range of styles, woven wood shade shutters, motorized options, upfront pricing, no hidden fees, and you can install it yourself or have one of their professionals do it. Whether you install one or one hundred, it's the same low rice. They have over twenty five million windows covered, and they offer the one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. Even if you pick the wrong color, they'll make it right. Go to Blinds dot com right now, save up to forty percent off with a minimum purchase up to forty percent off for a limited time when you go to Blinds dot com today. One of our new sponsors Rapid Radios walkie Talkies. It lets you keep in touch with your family at the touch of a button. Now, these are not the average walkie talkies that you knew as a kid. No, they're way better. Now connect with your kids an aging parent instantly with a push of a button, one touch connection. Now, Rapid radios work on a national LTE network, but you're never going to have a contract, just like walkie talkies. With the ease of today's technology, I mean, it's fantastic technology. Rapid radios are a great communication device for kids now keep them off the Internet, but be able to talk to them at a practice or riding their bike. It's one hundred percent private, there's no subscription ever. They're ready to go right out of the box, and we even use them right here on this show. Rapidradios dot com and for a limited time go to rapid radios dot com. You'll get up to sixty percent off, free ups shipping from Michigan, plus a free protection bag. If you add the code radio you get an extra five percent off,