Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: The eighty two game preseason is in the books, and it's finally time for the real season. Don't miss out on any NBA playoff action at Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NBA. From the play in tournament through the finals. Draft Kings Sportsbook as you covered with same game parlays, live betting, os, boost and much more. Download the Draft Kings Sportsbook app. Use code Shannon. New customers can bear five dollars and get two hundred and bonus bets instantly. That's the code Shannon only on DraftKings.
Speaker 3: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight hop and wire text hope and y four six seven three sixty nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boothiell casino w in Resorting, Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus beets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. CEE DKNG dot Co slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and Responsible Gaming Resources.
Speaker 2: Wow, what a ball game. Thanks for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite, Oh, Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite, Number eighty five, Route Runner, Extraordinaire, Bingals, Ring of Fame, Honie, Liberty City's own pro Bowler, All Pro Chad o Cho Senko. Y'all good today, Risotto Johnson. Please make sure you hit that light button. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button, and thank you so much for helping us grow as fast as we can, as fast as we have. Thank you, guys. Please make sure you go out and vote for Shorty Awards. We're nominated Nightcap is Best Sports Podcast, Best Vertical Video. That's again, We're nominated for a Shorty Award. Nightcap is Best Best Sports Podcast, Best Vertical Video Club Shay. She is also finalist for three awards YouTube Presence, TikTok Presence, and YouTube So please make sure you go out and vote for both. Tonight is the last night to vote. Thank you guys for voting in advance. Thank you guys for selling out shave by Laporti eight. I want to apologize for the delay. Thank you for your patience. It's greatly appreciated and it doesn't go unnotice. We're only taking pre orders. We have penned the link at the top of the chat, So again, thank you. The Nuggets advanced to the second round with a one one O six and one of the best first round games, one of the first best first round series. Yeah it was for to one, but for the most part the games came down Jamal Murray two game winners Game two and Game five. The Nuggets win one one six. Jamal Murray had thirty two points, seven assists, and I mentioned the game winner. Nikola Jokis twenty five points, twenty rebounds, nine assists, one assist away from a triple jubble, and Michael Porter Junior twenty six points.
Speaker 3: Big shot at the big shot at the big Shot.
Speaker 2: Lebron had thirty points, eleven assists, nine rebounds for steals, Oster Reeves nineteen points, four assists, h and d lo had Ad had seventeen points on eight of eleven fifteen rebounds, four assists, but we saw him get injured early in the third quarter, and really they just needed his present because he didn't really score any points after that, and he was not there was the factor that the Lakers needed him to be in the second half. But give the Nuggets credit. The Lakers were the best clutch team in basketball. Oh show, last five minutes of the ball game, game within five?
Speaker 3: Are we still on mute? Oh? Oh chose ol you? Oh yeah?
Speaker 2: Chads ca Chad k here beck Hall, he's Chad is having technical difficulties.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: If you think of the Lakers were the best clutch team in basketball the last five minutes of the ball game, game within five, and they got beat by team tonight that executed down the stretch. And if you're trying to win ball games like this on the road, you can't go eighteen or twenty seven from the file line. This is two games in both situations, Aaron Gordon out wrestles two Lakers, but the rebound he kicked one in game in game two to Michael Porter Junior who drains her three. He out rebounded. He took the ball away from Lebron and d Low. You gotta have that if you want to win on the road. It's a nip tuck ball game, he kicks it out Murray, it's another three. Those are the type of plays that you have to make on the road if you want to win, and the Lakers normally make those plays.
Speaker 3: That's why they're the best. Was one of the best, That was.
Speaker 2: The best team in clutch situations. All of that doesn't matter now. The Nuggets advanced. Jamar Murray was sensational where he absolutely had to beat Nikola jokicch with Yo and Michael Porter Junior.
Speaker 3: Hit big shot after big shot after big shot.
Speaker 2: Lebron thirty points, eleven assists, one rebound away from a triple double. Force Field's offstor reed nineteen points, four assists, a d seventeen points on eight of eleven, fifteen rebounds, four cents. The Nuggets beat the Lakers on open the night, they beat the Lakers when Kobe they unveil Kobe statue. The Nuggets beat the Lakers when Lebron became the first player to scored forty thousand points, and the Nuggets beat the Lakers to end their season.
Speaker 3: Oh, Joe, I thought the Lakers had them. I thought I was looking good. I was looking good. It you know what it was?
Speaker 5: It was a nail bottom. It was a nail batter all the way to the end.
Speaker 1: I think if one of those two rebounds towards the end of the game, but it went the Lakers way, I think the result and the end of the game would have been different.
Speaker 3: That God damn Murray Man coming off that pick.
Speaker 1: Do you understand how difficult that shot was to be going to your left, to be able to lose your defend to just enough to create a little space to get that shut off.
Speaker 3: But you're going left and you're shooting to the right.
Speaker 1: The man he's that's the second that's the second time he didn't hit him with the dagger, yep, at the end of the game.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: I'm curious does mister Ham, Does mister Ham get fired immediately or do they run it back again.
Speaker 2: I don't know if they're gonna run it back. You heard the rumblings all year long. Yeah, that a lot of the play players wasn't pleased doesn't matter. A lot of players wasn't pleased with Darbin, But it only matters it's upper management.
Speaker 3: If Jennie Buss is pleased with Darvin.
Speaker 2: Ham, that's a very tough play to guard because because A D didn't show. Because here's the thing. If a D shows, Murray's gonna drop the ball off the yoke. If Lebron comes, he's gonna lib it. It's gonna be a dunk. Yeah, So everybody stayed on their guys. So you have KCP in one corner. You have on the same side you have Michael Porter Junior. So everybody stays. Lebron stays with his guy, and so Ruy stays with his guy. Right, So now you're in a tough spot. Once he gets the Once Yoke, Holser gives the help just enough where Reeves has to be around. Now Yoke rolls to the basket. AD's in the spot. Do I come, Do.
Speaker 3: I show, or do I retreat?
Speaker 2: Because if I show, he's gonna lobby the yoke, And when Lebron rotates, he's gonna throw the lob and Gordon's gonna dunk it. So at that situation, there's really nothing you can do. You're like, Okay, we hope you just hope he misses, right, and he wasn't. The thing about him he doesn't miss much in the fourth quarter. I mean, if you look at it, if you look at his numbers, Murray was thirteen of twenty eight. At one point he was like nine of twenty nine of twenty something. But then shot after shot after shot, and he's the type of guy he sees it goes in.
Speaker 3: He had it going in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: Kind of cooled off, missed a lot of shots, but when it mattered the most, O Joe.
Speaker 5: Always hitting them.
Speaker 1: He money, He money every time. But you know, it's crazy you think about it. It's more so a new era of basketball because there's no Lebron, there's no KD. There's no step Curry in the second round of the playoffs since two thousand and five. So basically we're witnessing and seeing right now in front of us is a new era of basketball. And that is crazy, you know when you think about it, because you're used to seeing these same faces and same names in the playoffs for so long and to not have them there, it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't know how to explain it. Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a change on the guard. As guys get older, you see this happening. Lebron is thirty nine, and the thing is is that when you're a great player, they compare you to a younger self. So they don't give Bron grace for being thirty nine. It's like you're Lebron James. They don't give Kevin Durant grace for being thirty five. They don't give Steph Curry grace. They expect you to get it done as long as you're on the court. There's a level of expectations for transcending players in which these three guys are. But as I said before, o Cho, when you go on the road, you can't miss nine three throws. You can't get out rebounded. You let Aaron Gordon twice get the ball and kick it out and hit, and guys hit threes both times.
Speaker 3: You can't have that.
Speaker 2: The difference was when they won Game four, is that they got all the loose rebounds.
Speaker 3: Tonight they didn't. Yes, Ad was hampered.
Speaker 2: He got hit and you know he's had shoulder problems, He's had subects, sublect shape, a sation, sublection of that shoulder, and he got I mean he got hit in the perfect spot. He got hit from behind, and I guess you know it said it felt like pil It looks like a stinger more so than it came out of the joint. But clearly, clearly he was in discomfort. Clearly he was not the same player from the time that happened like he was in the first half, because at the first half he was dominant. He was on his way again to another twenty twenty ball game. Yep, who knows that the outcome would have been different. But I would have liked to see, but I don't want to take I would have liked to have seen it, but I don't want to take anything away from the nugget. The nugget because on the night when Aaron Gordon on it had seven points and KCP only had five points. But your big three, they gave you what they needed to give you. You got fifty seven. You got eighty three out of your big three. You got eighty three out of your big three. Did shot forty two percent from the floor all floor? They shot forty two percent from the three. It was sixteen of what thirty eight Lakers was forty six, they were twenty eight. So basically you were minus eighteen, Yeah, minus eighteen from the three point line.
Speaker 3: And you can't miss those three through You can't.
Speaker 2: You just can't, ohoe, you can't miss those especially when you're on the road, if you got to get every especially in those moments, because remember we talked about it in football, the game is gonna come down the moment.
Speaker 5: Oh to moments, that's all it comes down to, and.
Speaker 3: Go down to a bounce here or bounce there.
Speaker 1: And you know it's funny, I'm not not saying maybe the casual fan really might not understand.
Speaker 3: You know, you have a samni plays.
Speaker 1: Let's say you run sixty five seventy plays a game, right, It's so crazy if you really think about it, it all comes down to maybe two or three plays that change the dynamic of an entire game. At all the plays you run, it always comes down to two or three plays.
Speaker 5: That's it, Yep. And those really talking about and.
Speaker 2: What you try to do, Ojoe, if you're trying to put yourself a separation where if you're the one team that you don't want it to come down to those one or three plays. You don't want to come down to a miss call or a call that we should have gotten that we didn't get.
Speaker 3: So you try to.
Speaker 2: Rid yourself of elements, especially lay in the ball game that could cause you to lose a ball game.
Speaker 3: Now, if you're on the other side.
Speaker 2: You try to create those elements that's gonna help you win the ball game. And that's what it comes down to when you're trying to win ball games on the road. No matter what the sport is, it's the smallest of players. They're gonna look back and says, man, we had an opportunity to get a rebound right here that would have put us up, that would have put us up. We're already up because when they made the three that put them up two and you didn't do it. So give the Nuggets credit. They're the world champ for a reason. They're looking to repeat that now with winning this in five games, they get a long rest to let Murray's calf heal because he's dealing with a minor strain.
Speaker 3: It looks like.
Speaker 2: This is gonna be a long series between the Clippers and the Mavericks, so he might have a bare minimum he's gonna have. Looks like he's gonna have somewhere between six and eight days to rest that calf to get it one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's that's enough time. That's more than enough time.
Speaker 2: More than a more than enough time. Darvin Ham it's been a hell of a two years sitting in this seat. I tell you that it's been a hell of a two years. That don't sound like a man that's coming back, does it.
Speaker 3: I mean, he probably knows already.
Speaker 2: It's been a hell of a two years sitting in this seat. It's been a hell I see, I'll tell you that it's been a hell of a two years. Does that sound like a guy that's coming back to you?
Speaker 3: No? Not really, not really.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess he can see the writing on the wall, unless maybe maybe miss Buss has told him something already ahead of time. When you have that many Rerublands during the season and they always have a problem when the Lakers aren't playing well, they it always reverse back to maybe the coach being the reason why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they missed a lot of Lakers, missed a lot of cheapest some blown layups. Lebron thought he got fired on a couple of RUI smoked a couple of them. Bron smoked a couple of layups. And when you go on the road, you just got to find ways to win. You got to make those plays. Yeah, that's the difference. I mean, because the era, the margin of era is so small. There is so small. That's the difference in the game. Let's just say the Lakers instead of going what eighteen or twenty seven, they go twenty two or twenty seven. Right, the rebounds, Let's say you have two more rebounds, none more costly than the one that Aaron Gordon gets away, you know, takes away both again, he had another a big rebound today. He had thirteen rebounds. Yok had twenty rebounds. You gotta find ways to win. The Lakers don't get it done. Nuggets advanced. Congratulations to the Nuggets, hard fault, well earned victory. But this is why they're the world champions and they'll be moving on to face the winner of the MAVs Clippers series. The Celtics took care of business on the road. Okay, the first the Temple. Oh, so they'll get rid of They're about to play soon. Oh, I thought when the next win the game? Okay, Saturday, Oh they got that's plenty of rest to the wins the Thursday, Friday, say good four to half five day, Yeah they good, They're good.
Speaker 3: My man.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought they were gonna play the winner of the Clippers. No, they played the Timberwolves and that series start on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Who you got in that series?
Speaker 2: Man, that's gonna be a good one, boy, Yeah, that's gonna be a real good one.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: I want to take the number I want to take. I want to take the Woods. But I'm gonna stick with the Nuts. I think I think they I think they went. I think they win. I think they win in seven.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, man, I'm going I'm going. I'm going with the young ant man.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 1: You going with that, man, I'm going with the young ant man. Young fella rises to the occasion.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Celtics took care of business on the road, defeating your Miami Heat won two to eighty eight. They also received the scare when Chris Staph Fritz Zingas tweaked the right cab late in the second quarter. Joe Missoula head coach, had no update for Brazingas, but said Jason Tatum rolled his ankor in the fourth quarter and was moving Okay, he looks fine.
Speaker 3: Ware.
Speaker 2: Zinga's left the locker room wearing a walking boot following the game, but post it, he'll be good.
Speaker 3: Oh your look. I will be getting my cheese. I'll be getting my hutter.
Speaker 5: Cheedda for what cause you a check about the American the Swiss.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it. I'll take Franks, I'll take the Nero, I'll take Rupel and whatever whatever you want to pay, be it on.
Speaker 1: Help me, help help refresh my memory real quick. So right, so I know I can, I can jot it down.
Speaker 2: Chat y'all see them talk about That's what I say when I say money out of site calls.
Speaker 3: A fight and all of a sudden he got amnesia.
Speaker 5: And I'm just asking you how much? How much it was?
Speaker 2: Don't worry about how about you doing this? Just put the money on the table and I just started letting. Let me start counting. I pick up what, I pick up what I think, Oh what, I'll leave the rest at No.
Speaker 3: I don't do that. I don't do that.
Speaker 5: Just make sure I make sure I have it for you. Ain't no issue, ain't no problem.
Speaker 3: Because I was.
Speaker 5: I really I was really hoping that how much me.
Speaker 1: The Chad probably don't remember, Chad, remember, Yeah, I was confident too when I made that bed.
Speaker 3: I was very confident and hoping they was.
Speaker 1: I was hoping they would shoot the way they shot in game too.
Speaker 5: Obviously, I don't know what happened. I'm not sure what happened.
Speaker 2: So you they expected him to break another franchise record. Okay, made a franchise record, so you know what, let's make another franchise record freeze.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was hoping. So, I mean, obviously, you planing it home. You don't want to get swept. You're gonna ge swept, at least get swept in Boston. Don't don't allow people to come in your house. Like think about it. That's like somebody to come into your house picking up your broom and cleaning up for you. That just it's just that's just don't sit right. It don't sit right. Well, y'all got one more game. We got one, got one more game, but it's in Boston. That's the problem. Yeah, we got to You got to steal. You got to steal one at home. You got to steer that way at home.
Speaker 2: Derrick White was sensational forty one minutes tonight, eight fifteen to twenty five, eight to fifteen from the three, thirty five thirty eight points. Jalen Brown had twenty points and eleven rebounds. Jaylen Brown shipped in with seventeen Holiday had eleven. Big Al had seven off the bench. They didn't get a whole lot of bench production. They ran their starters. Katum played thirty seven minutes, Holiday played thirty eight minutes, Derrick White played forty one, and Jaylen Brown played thirty nine. So basically they ran the starters as long as they could. I think they were looking to get them out o Joe. But then Miami made a run and maybe got it down to like eleven or thirteen, a league that at one point in time seemed like it was like twenty two to twenty four, and so they were not able to get him out of the ball game.
Speaker 3: You watch this ball game, what did you what did you like about the Celtics?
Speaker 5: I mean, hell, Derrick White, Derek White stole the show.
Speaker 1: I mean, looking at the stats, I don't think Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum really shot that well.
Speaker 5: They shoot well from the field, I mean you well from the field at all.
Speaker 3: But Derek fourteen and seven and eighteen.
Speaker 5: Yeah, listen, Derek White, man, you can carry the Celtics.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: He put he put them on their back and went out there, played great defense from three.
Speaker 5: He was phenomenal. Hell, the first nine minutes of the game he has sixteen points.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you expecting that You're expecting those type of numbers from your superstars.
Speaker 5: Either be Jaylen Brown or either be Jason Tatum. But Derek White shows up.
Speaker 1: And one thing about it, if you can keep up this type of consistency, if Derrick White can keep up this type of consistency, there's the three headed months of there. Now you're all all you need is for Jason Tatum and Jaylen Brown to play to their potential and what we know they can do consistently.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Then guess who guess whould be one of the favorites coming out of heat coming out he'st going to the to the chip.
Speaker 2: Well their favorite right now. But the Knicks don't fear him. Now, the Knicks don't fear him. The Knicks tough, gritty group.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think Andy could cause them some problems because Andy's gonna push the tempo.
Speaker 3: They're gonna make you get up and down.
Speaker 2: And they got Miles Turner that can play Prezingers because he's basically a presingers. He's their presingers. But I think he's a better defender than persingers. I think he's a better offensive player than Prezingers. He can shoot the three, he can put the ball on the floor. Pazingis puts the ball on the floor, but not like not like a Miles Turner.
Speaker 3: Miles is a better finisher.
Speaker 2: Now, they don't have anybody that's on the level of Jason Tatum or Jaylen Brown as far as athleticism shot making ability, but they move the ball extremely well. Holliday do a great job of pushing tempo, and they're looking to make or miss. Hey, if you miss it, they'll take it off the rim. If you make it, they'll take it. Ay, they'll take it out the net. But they're looking to push the pace. They'll trying. They're trying to get the games in the one thirties. That's what they want. They want the game in the one they want high one twenties, one thirties. Hey, if it needs to be one fifty, okay, so be it right. But that'll be a very interesting matchup. But I think if I think it end for you guys, I don't know if you guys could replicate what you did in game what was that game two? In what you made twenty two, twenty three threes, the likelihood of you setting another franchise record as far as three points, because that's the only hope, that's the equalizer with anyone, right, it's threes. And so I don't see that happening. I think you guys are going to be done after the next game. Uh and you owe me five hund I owed you a HUNDI.
Speaker 3: Wait, that's that's how much I bet?
Speaker 1: Yeah, damn, all right, I'm a matter of fact, I'm manded to you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: All right, I appreciate that. That' that'd be awful night.
Speaker 1: That'd be all I'm many to you tomorrow because I want to make sure I'm clear of all debts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'll go adad them folks. Garnish you.
Speaker 2: I can mess that created up, you know, garnishment mess up a credit score.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want no problem. I don't want no problems like that. So I'm going to make sure you have it tomorrow, guarantee you bright and earlier.
Speaker 2: That nice time for nice time for our first segment of the day. And it's a news cap Chiefs and Travis Kelsey have agreed to terms on a new two year contract extension that makes him the NFL's highest paid tight end it's a new two year deal that's worth thirty four point twenty five million dollars. They tore the old contract up that was thirty million twenty thirty point two five million dollars, So he's under contract through twenty twenty five. More than worthy. He should be the highest paid. I think he's the best, the best tight end in football. I think he's the best tight end of all time based on what he's done in the regular season, based on what he's done in the Punk Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: You can debate, if you won't. If you love Gronk, that's fine.
Speaker 2: If you love Tony Gunzalees, that's why it Also guy that doesn't get a whole lot of questions of love is Antonio Gate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nobody could score the touch, could score the ball like Gates. He wasn't the fastest, but he was shifted. He's a big body. He knowed how to position. He was a basketball player, so he knowed how to post guys up and Drew would throw it up, Philip Rivers throw it up and he would come down with the ball. But Travis Kelcey is now the highest paid tight end in football, with the average salary of a little over seventeen million dollars per year, and it's a contract that's very very well deserved.
Speaker 5: Nobody can argue in fact.
Speaker 1: And that's all when the contract came out and it was over Twitter and Patrick Mahomes tweeted, I told you I wouldn't let my guy leave.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure Mahomes is going to continue to restructure his contract in such a way so you can keep some of the important pieces around you that make the engine go. I know Travis Kelsey is a very important, vital part of that offense. He's I would say that from home security blanket. You know, come in high water, if you snapped the ball you need, if you need to play on a certain down. Travis Kelsey is that guy that you look forward to going to at all time. Despite some of the inconsistencies that they had last year, in the past game when it mattered most, especially towards the end of the season, who came through for you?
Speaker 5: Travis Kelce confetar Rashid Rice.
Speaker 2: I'm disappointed because I wanted to get sixteen yards, so he'd have eight straight one thousand yards.
Speaker 3: Let them sink in for a tight end. Eight straight. The record was with three, maybe four by Gonzales.
Speaker 2: Right, the man had seven straight one thousand yard season seed receiving seasons. If I'm not mistaken, he has the record for the most receiving yards of the season. If I'm not mistaken, he has the most catches in the season. He has the most touchdown receiving in the postseason, and I think he's behind Jerry as far as most receptions and excuse me in a season. So the guy has that. He has the regular season body of work and he has the postseason body of work. So uh, he's been phenomenal. A contract that's very very well deserved. The problem, your nephew, keep it going, and just because the contract says two years, if you still got some juice in the tank, hey.
Speaker 3: Keep it going, Keep it going, keep it going.
Speaker 2: The forty nine Ers are planning on life without Deebo Samuel or Brandon Ayuk. In twenty twenty five, the San Francisco forty nine Ers did not trade Brandon Iu, Deebo Samuel, or Juwan Jennings during the NFL Draft, but according to reports, the Niners are planning on life with at least one, if not two, of them as soon as twenty twenty five. The plan has The plan is being and remains to try to work out a long term extension with IU if that happens. Difficult decisions on Samuel and Jennings and unrestricted Frigent will await after the season. The Signers have been very proactive regarding the future of the receiver position, drafting uh Well selected Ricky Piersoll in the first round and uh Jacob Cowing in the fourth round.
Speaker 1: And you know, that's that's that's really iffy because you do draft, you do draft players, but you never know. You know, transitioning from college to the NFL can be very different.
Speaker 5: It can be very different. Some some don't catch on.
Speaker 1: Some don't arrive until their third year in the NFL to where you finally figured it out.
Speaker 3: Do they have the time to figure it out?
Speaker 1: I mean they got they got to figure out early. But you need that veteran presence, You need that experience somewhere in that locker room.
Speaker 3: Now, I don't know what a veteran.
Speaker 1: Yeah he is a veteran, but why they play with him again? Every time it's time for us to get paid, We fighting tooth and nail for our money. Every time his resume with a UK is done. For that forty nine ers, for that organization, for that community there there there shouldn't be anything to play about. There shouldn't be a waiting period. Just it's always happens this way, always for some reason. I don't know why he's gonna get paid. Uh, it's unfortunately that they won't be able to keep keep Deebo because he's also been a vital part of that offense. But with him being a Swiss army that can being able to do so many different things, you know, in that offense. So I'm curious. I mean, I'm excited for for the forty nine ers, I'm excited for the rookies. I'm excited for seeing them play, especially Ricky Ricky Persaul. He he had some some dope highlights. You remember that one handed catch he had.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah over the middle. Yeah that was that was nice. That that was real.
Speaker 5: He reminded me of Brandon Lloyd.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. Now, b Lloyd had some of the best hands I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: I don't think people realize how great his hand He made acrobatic catch before technology, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: The advancement of the gloves.
Speaker 2: He would make it catches like that touch Yeah, I mean he catch, I mean he catches stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 5: Goodness, Brandon Lloyd was a real deal man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go check his highlight, Oh Joe. I. I just think the thing is, at some point in time, the forty nine a is going to have to catch these in. You can't keep lock and keep lock and keep locking, because you see, they've already had to get off so many defensive players right now. They've done a great job of keeping the offense in tact. But at some point in time, you can't pay I use that money. You can't keep debo on the contract that's gone. And you got Christian McCaffrey and you got big treads, and you're going to have to do something with rock Party Party.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, the best part about it is is you want to win it and you want to get it done before you have to pay party. That's when you want it. The wind up opportunity there. Yeah, well it's on a contract.
Speaker 3: It was there.
Speaker 1: So things are going to be becoming a little bit more difficult for those forty nine ers organization to get things done as that window continues to close. And now you have people saying, well, Devo might not be here, you might not be here. The more talent you have, the easier the supporting cast and make rock pretty. Job is when you need to get the job done, and they just haven't. They haven't been able to close out.
Speaker 2: And see that's the thing when you look at it, like a Patrick Mahomes his second year in the league on the rookie contract he got, he got him to the super Bowl, and after the third year, you know, they lose. But then they give him a big extension, but he takes less than what his market value is. He says, because I want you to keep this together. I need Chris Jones, I need Travis Kelsey, I need a lot of these pieces that we have to get.
Speaker 3: Let's not break it up now.
Speaker 2: He could have broke the bank if he says I want If he'd have said I want fifty million five years ago, they got no choice but to give it to.
Speaker 3: It to him.
Speaker 2: If he says I want fifty five, you got no choice, because what's your argument.
Speaker 3: He's a Super Bowl MVP and a League MVP.
Speaker 2: Within his first three years in the league, he's a fifty touchdown five thousand yard passer within his first three years. So whatever he asked for, he's more than. He's more than to deserve it. He's more than earned whatever he'say asking for it, he says, But you know what, I'll take a ten year deal that's way less to market value because let's see how many we can get these things before we absolutely have to break it up. And God says, you know what, I go ahead. So they're able to keep Stone coach Chris Jones, they're able to keep trapped. You know you got the check. Oh now you did leave, you did lose Lagarious Sneid, but you understand, but you got McDuffie, who was first team All Pro. You can't keep everybody now because eventually the Fox is gonna come rage you. They're gonna come rage your hen house because they know you got hens that's lay and golden eggs. So they're gonna start coming to give them. O Joe, you know that. You know that.
Speaker 3: Now, let me see what I'm willing to part with right now.
Speaker 1: I wish more teams for like that. I wish more teams were understanding it, like you know what. Jerry Sneid has been a phenomenal talent for us. He's a great, great talent, and he deserves to be paid well for what he's what he's able to do. You know what, we understand, we're not gonna be able to pay you, so we're gonna allow you to go to another team so you so they can do you your due, just not you know what, we're gonna franchise tagging or we're gonna tag a player.
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: I understand the business, but why piss the why piss the individual off?
Speaker 3: Because if you're a model citizen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you franchise tag me, sometimes they try to use well, he's gonna take it some time to work a contract out and get the numbers right now, that's one thing. Franchise just to buy you a little time. But franchise tagging me and let me. It's basically telling me, you know what, we like you, we just don't think you're worthy of a long term deal, so we're gonna lock in for one more year and see what we can get out of you.
Speaker 5: Right, See what happened, And that's all it is.
Speaker 3: That's all it is, because the thing is the man. Look, the man, he was deserving of a long term deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because now you know he's like, oh, but that's twenty No, he doesn't want that twenty million. He wants fifty million guaranteed because he knows the likelihood of give him getting the payday if he were to get injured, especially if it's something that's gonna a cornerback. He gets an achilles injury, come on, you know it's gonna take a while for you to recover from that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad. I'm glad Kansas City did right by him. Also, he won two Super Bowls. He was a model citizen. He played extremely well for you, He made big time plays. Let him move on, let him go for secure his family for the rest for the rest of their lives. And now he can secure a couple of generations with the money that he's gonna make from the Tennessee Titan. So kudos to the traft for getting that deal done. But the forty nine has got some decision they're gonna have to make.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 2: Roman Doonsay is already embracing NFC North rival.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what he had to say.
Speaker 6: Oh, Joe, what's it been like your first day hitting the Packers. First day hating the Packers, I already can't stand them. Every time I see Green, I just all over yourself.
Speaker 1: That's right, okay, okay, listen, he said he said in a in a laughing matter. So I can't really take that serious, right, too many smiles. He's doing too much laughing. Now, Now if he said it a little serious, you know what, I can't really stand the Packers, and now like Green with no smile, straight face. I take what he said serious, but I'm taking that with a grain of salt because they're doing he's smiling too much. He smiling too much. He ain't serious yet now.
Speaker 2: They You know, it's hard to come into a rivalry and understand the essence of it until you actually play in it, until you actually feel the intensity of that week of practice.
Speaker 3: When you have I don't know what your sense. And that it was your your Ribbers, Steelers.
Speaker 5: Stealers, Ravens or the Browns, I mean dision each other.
Speaker 3: Our rival was Raiders.
Speaker 2: It was Raiders Kansas City, uh, and then the Chargers Seattle used to be in our division betil they broken up and put them in the put them in the North. But when it was Raider week. You could feel the intensity when it was Kansas City. You felt the intensity. You knew, Okay, get ready, it's gonna be one of those. It's gonna be some it's gonna be some pushing and shove, and it's gonna be some kicking. It's gonna be some late hits. It's gonna be some cheap shots. You understand that. But this is what you expect in the Broncos Raven Broncos Raiders. Same thing with Pittsburgh. Yeah, Raven Fittsburgh. We already know what it was. Y'all don't like us, we don't like y'all. Y'all don't like our coach. We don't like y'all coach, y'all, don't like our fans. We don't like y'all and what so I got.
Speaker 3: To give and tolly and then it was serious.
Speaker 1: I don't think people understand understood the severity in which some of the players didn't like each other. And it was personal. You know, the fans didn't like each other. It was personal. That's still a week in that Ravens week. Marv Lewis, bring your second tint strap. It's a two it's a two ten strap.
Speaker 3: Game.
Speaker 5: That's the type of game. There was straight physical down on hill.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It's crazy. Some good days that was. That's what I call good football. That's the good football. They don't let you play like that. No, no, sub do you want to play like that? Would you like to play like that again?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that. Listen. The nervousness, the nervousness.
Speaker 1: Of understanding and knowing I got to keep my head on the swivel is exciting for me.
Speaker 3: You heard me, Yeah, you get to walk. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's exciting to me is knowing being able to look at the defense and knowing where everybody's assignment is, and knowing where your danger is at the snap before you come off the ball.
Speaker 3: Oh. I like that. I like that.
Speaker 1: Being able to chirp at you and knowing, you know what, you're probably gonna try to knock my head off, so you're gonna be playing angry. And when you play angry, that means you're not playing under control, and we're not playing under control.
Speaker 3: That means I have the advantage. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that. I want you, man, don't worry about it. I'm gonna say something. I'm gonna say something to make you mad if you ain't mad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how That's how I want you.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonna do nothing, Oh Joe, what you're gonna do? We already the football game. We all ready to fight. Mm hm, he ain't gonna do nothing. Oh so you're to fight? Somebody punch you your nose? Oh? You punching with my nose? You punching with my nose? That what we're doing by being that what we're doing my naja? Yeah? What on our my mama? Okay, yeah, yeah, your daddy too, Come get it. What you're talking about? What talking crazy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: After sitting out the entire twenty twenty three season, Jarvis Landry is going to attempting NFL comeback this year, and he's going to start a journey in Jacksonville. Landry is expected to participate in the JAG's upcoming rookie minicamp that will essentially allow the Jacks to see what the veteran receiver looks like on the field without making a financial commitment. The Jacks will be able to use the three day mini camp to see if Lander can still play. Excuse me, The five time pro bowler had pretty successful career since entering the league with Miami Dolphins in twenty fourteen, but he struggled with injuries in twenty twenty two, which is a big reason why he didn't end up playing in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: What's the thing, o, Joe, Are we gonna be fine?
Speaker 1: So listen, Jarvisander is one of those players that doesn't need a mini camp.
Speaker 3: He doesn't need a mini camp. Now.
Speaker 1: The injuries are one of the things that have hampered him a little bit throughout his career, but he's always been good. He's always been an elite, elite route runners. Stay with me when I say that. Now, whether it's been the inside, whether it's in the slot, whether it's the outside.
Speaker 5: So he's going to make that Jacksonville squad. And I'm telling you this now.
Speaker 1: So when the news breaks that he has signed one two years, whatever it may be with the Jacksonville Jaguars, you understand why he needed that time off. That that time off is going to be perfect for him because now he's going into a situation where he's healthy and now he's going to show you what he can do when he is and he's gonna pick up where he left off when he was healthy in the league, and even when he wasn't eighty percent Jarvi's landry, it's better than most.
Speaker 5: If you know your football, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, you know if you had any little nagging injuries, you know. Hey, hey, it's like the serengaddy. Yeah, what happened to? What happened to? A less than one hundred percent and the lope they get eating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the mental Hey, try not to make me laughing, because I don't want security come say I'm too loud again, Oh.
Speaker 3: Joe, But but that's you know, that's the mentality, right right, right right?
Speaker 2: We gobble up? Do we get gobbled up? It ain't no, oh man, you know, my man, he hurt his knee. Man, let's take Oh he got a hurt ankle or he got a hurt Hey, that ain't got nothing to do with me.
Speaker 3: You out here, I think you one hundred percent. You heard that they knocked on your door. Knock no on the wall, they hit the wall. Hey, man, y'all go to sleep. Damn.
Speaker 2: Mike Tyson versus Jake Paul to be sanctioned as a professional fight July twentieth about between Jake Paul and Mike Tyson will be classified as a sanctioned professional fight by the Texas Department of License and Regulation. The heavyweight showdown will be contested over eight eight two minute rounds, with each fighter using fourteen hours glove. Fourteen hours. That's kind of like training gloves. They normally use sixteen outs. Yeah, but you know, fourteen This.
Speaker 5: Is this is smart on Jake's Paul. This is smart on Jakes, on Jake's.
Speaker 3: Park black pillows.
Speaker 5: It's very very smart on Jake's fault.
Speaker 1: For one, Jake Paul is not going to be in the ring with Mike Tyson for three minutes, eight rounds.
Speaker 3: You don't, You don't. You don't want to do that. You don't want to.
Speaker 2: Nobody got the stamina for that. Now he can go, he can go to. And plus you don't want to be, you don't want to be. I think they're gonna use hair gear, headgear.
Speaker 3: Also no, no, he gear, no gear. They're not gonna use hair gear. No, no, no, no, no. Hey, I think so, I think oh so o, Joe, they are, I think so. But as long as the ain't got them eight hours gloves, EBI.
Speaker 1: Listen them eight of ten ounced loves Jake ain't making it up out of down. I don't care if Mike Tyson was eighty something. The power in the force that Mike Tyson still possesses at the age of ye is now is.
Speaker 3: Very, very dangerous. It's still dangerous. Think about this.
Speaker 1: Think if Mike decided to come out for one, he's taking it serious. Think if he decided to come out the way he comes out in all fights where he just walks you down, he comes.
Speaker 5: Forward, slips, slip, slips, tries.
Speaker 1: To get inside and no, no, I mean that Jacob's done a phenomenal job at what he's done so far in boxing.
Speaker 3: But there's levels to everything.
Speaker 1: There's levels to everything, and one of the things that Mike Tyson would do is make you uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: No headgear, O, Joe told you. But here's my thing, Oh told you. If I'm not mistaken, Jake Paul is the betting favorite. So what did that tell you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, he may be the betting favorite. One thing about Mike Tyson, what happened if he click? What happened to something just go off in him?
Speaker 3: You know? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, all right now, we're just getting in Listen, We're not just getting in there with anybody. I don't know, it can get scary. I'm just sad they're not using it. The ten hous gloves.
Speaker 3: What yeah, I think that well. I think Mayweather in them used ten ounce gloves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't use a ouns because UFC fighting four ounce gloves and most boxers they fighted a ounce gloves either everlast, winning or rest rest is a different type of leather. What you're trying to do, Floyda fac I'm not mistaken. I think Floyd were winning a little bit more padd protect his hands because you know Floyd had before.
Speaker 3: You know, Floyd were grant. You were grant. Are you sure? I think floydad were winning.
Speaker 1: No, the sparr we're winning, but the fighting were grant gloves if I'm notaking.
Speaker 2: Because I think the thing is is that he needed something to protect his hands because his hands were a little brittle.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he broke his hands few times and yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and so but those raids gloves, it's basically his fist and it's like you gotta just a look.
Speaker 2: It's like just the rubber glove that you wear in the wintertime and you try to just you try to cut dig it.
Speaker 5: So that's gonna be Hey, it's gonna be exciting, though.
Speaker 1: Everybody going to tune in because everyone, everybody going through want to see what's going to happen because you don't know, you don't know.
Speaker 3: Right Oh yo.
Speaker 2: A man is going viral for cutting his homeboys off for not checking on him after back surgery.
Speaker 3: He cheated, he treated, He tweeted.
Speaker 2: I just blocked and dead and friendship with four of my homeboys after I had back surgery literally a whole month ago. And now one of those ends checked on your boy. I ain't say ish, I just blocked them and let it be what it is. Let it be what it is. End my wasn't my real friend. Yeah, that's some that's some shape, that's some shady ish.
Speaker 3: That that's crazy. That's crazy.
Speaker 1: And and the fact that most of the time was something important like that. And you have friends of yours that you consider friends, and you go through some serious like a back, a back procedure, no matter what.
Speaker 5: It was, and they don't even check on you.
Speaker 3: See how you're doing a call, I mean, and they know you're gonna be down. Yeah, you're gonna be go down.
Speaker 2: Ojo This is how you know they ain't see it. You would have had surgery. Now, let's just say, for the sake of about I don't have surgery on my back. I had surgery on my hip. You need anything, that means I'm gonna ask, hoping you say no, Nah, bring your funk gas over here and find out.
Speaker 3: If I need anything, right right, right right? Man? You gotta you gotta know the tails o Joe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna come over there and see if you needed anything, but I figured you was good.
Speaker 3: Well how you figure that? Well? The calculators crash paper. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And one thing about it is when you have friends and I can I can just speak on this as far as from a football perspective or even friends. If you have surgery on anything, for one, they gonna call you, and the jokes is gonna fly. Oh jokes, Oh, the jokes is gonna fill coming.
Speaker 2: I'm coming just too joke. That tell you about me? Let me have a surgery. I'm coming just too joke. So they already know they're told why, but they're a to the girl. Man sharp coming. Man, you know how sharp sharp will tell your ass up? Yeah, and then he look, I will get them jokes off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely. I think I think listen, I think maybe he thought they were they were friends because they had known them. Sometimes they're not even your friend, they're just associates. So you're expecting friend things from people that are just associates. So you're kind of putting them in a position or a place where they really don't belong. And that just lets you know that and listen. Sometimes it comes to even relationships as well. Sometimes you with people that that that move a certain rate or don't do certain things that align with the things that someone that is a partner should be doing, and that lets you know. It put things in a perspective when they don't do certain things. So I mean the same same thing. So if anybody out there you have a part of that doesn't act like a partner you know, or a girlfriend or a boyfriend, and they're doing things like.
Speaker 3: Man, if you were talking about to put him in oh Joever, here is the thing. A lot of times people are your friends when you don't need them.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you boy, that o Joe. Come on now, don't talk to listen. I don't want anybody to talk good to my face, talk good behind my back. That's see a friend walks in when the rest of the world walks out, you're full homeboys. I'm I'm coming. I'm coming to y'all. It's just like time when we did that interview. Yeah, man, I was like, you know what, and I saw that foot. He already knows you it's coming. It's coming. It don't matter because my homeboy got me when I had my surgery. He started kicking first thing. He said back, Damn, homeboy, you look like fo clocks. You know, you know, you know what I'm say. I expect it, right.
Speaker 3: So I'm good with that man. It's just it's it's sad, Yeah, bad, It's sad.
Speaker 2: That man he said he got full homeboys, and I believe he genuinely hurt. I believe he's sincerely hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because if he wasn't hurt, if it didn't bother him, if it didn't bother him, obviously, he thought he thought the world of those individuals, because when you know somebody just an associate, I'm they're not in the friend category.
Speaker 5: You don't care whether they reach out or not when you're.
Speaker 3: Going through something.
Speaker 1: But when you consider people friends, you know, if you consider someone a boyfriend. You can consider someone a girlfriend. You know, there's certain ways you carry yourself when someone is going through something.
Speaker 3: Mh you check on them.
Speaker 1: They're going through surgery, you check on them, you know, and you can.
Speaker 3: Understand a person.
Speaker 1: Lets you know how much they mean to you by how they react when something's going wrong.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: But I think that's just at least comes joing me, even if you don't bring me nothing, you come jong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I expect that a simple a simple text. They didn't even check in, checking in as a simple text. What's up, boy, I'm just hitting you.
Speaker 1: I'm just hitting you, lying boy, making sure you're good, but you need something shit, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Hey, bro, I'm hey, come on over if you my homeboy, Burn's coming. I had my hip surgaery bucket, got on a flight. He ain't got a whole lot of money. You a homeboy?
Speaker 3: Hey, he can't.
Speaker 8: Burns called me every day. Yeah, it's different, that's what that's what friends do. Yeah, it's different. Again, I'm assuming they're probably associates.
Speaker 3: He put them in a position that they're not. You might have thought they were your friends. They were. It was associates. Ll. Y'all might have went to the club together.
Speaker 5: Y'all might hang out together every time.
Speaker 3: Everybody you hang out with ain't your friend.
Speaker 2: No, But to see the dude like that, I don't expect them to come. I have no expectations. I know who I consider my friends, and I know who I expect that if something were to happen, who's gonna come?
Speaker 3: And likewise, I'm not putting any added pressure.
Speaker 2: In the relationship, because, oh Joe, you know with a degree of certainty, if something were to happen. My sister Bucket called Libby, you need me to come down there now here a hour something away. When my grandmother was in the hospital. My sister and my two aunts. They rotated. He take my sister something, he takes my aunt something. He picked him up. You want to go sit down and eat somewhere. I go with you. Hey, homeboy, let me see you. Hey, I got it. You done done more than enough for me.
Speaker 3: Every day.
Speaker 2: Some days he just go by that. Granted, I just came to see it with you. He came here, his wife came. My grandma was sitting in the bed. She sat up. He said, oh lord, there's some big people.
Speaker 9: I'm like, come on, I said, great, I'm like, granted, yeah, they sure.
Speaker 2: Live big, I said, granted. I said, you don't even know who that is? She talking about Old Bucket.
Speaker 3: She knew exactly who it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, man, I'm not saying Bro, I'm sorry, Bro, I'm sorry you had to go through that. But they told you, they showed you, they showed you the level of the they showed you the depth of their friendship for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most definitely, well definitely. All you got to do is pay attention. You pay attention to some of the things people do to you, and where to position them, you know, where they staying in your life. It's really easy. You you ain't got to force nothing. You ain't got to force nothing. There to show their hand, and when they show their hands, you played it. You play to cause the right way. It's simple, exactly.
Speaker 3: Mhm.